Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think you are on to something there TurtlePower, she may be trying to show that she is the antithesis of Christine and Robyn and is not "needy", Janelle doesn't fit into the equation as Meri never considered her competition.

Just suppose, by some wild stretch of the imagination that Kody was suddenly thunderstruck and realized Meri's self-proclaimed worth.  The very, very, best she could ever hope for would be 50% of Kody's time and affection, if that's enough for her so be it.

At this point, I think it be more of a case of Kody was suddenly thunderstruck and realized Meri's self-proclaimed  NETworth, if the minions continue to buy her lulu rags.  I don’t think Kody will ever get over Mary “cheating” on him.  Although, it’s probably the only reason the show lasted this long.  I don’t think Kody would ever treat Meri well, but he would pretend as best he could if he needed whatever rag money she’s supposedly making.

I’ve been watching some old episodes and when Kody is rolling his eyes during the Westminster discussion because he needs money to retire and damn near ten years later, he’s still screaming he needs money to retire.  Now I don’t actually fault him on that. I’m glad at least one of them, well probably two (Janelle) are thinking about retirement.  I also think Mariah was being spoiled as normal, but that’s nothing new.

Won’t Kody be around 80 when little Aerosol Can graduates college?  Considering these fools money management skills and I don’t think even TLC would subject us to Sister Wives Season 573377, I want to see what they all do when the gravy train runs out. These fools should have a decent nest egg by now.  I mean there’s a possibility they do and we don’t know about it, but according to them their drowwwwningk in debt.  They should all go work at Meri’s inn, where the can make Rice Krispie Treats for their only guests, Mariah and Audrey.  I don’t even like Meri, but get amused imagining her barking out orders to bellboy Kody and screaming at Robyn through a bullhorn to get her broke ass out of bed because the Rice Krispie treats aren’t going to make themselves.  It won’t happen, but I kinda wish it would.

• LOL 22
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Meri needs to find herself a new man. 

Meri needs to find herself first, and she won't find herself in the Inspirational Plaques departments of Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  No man of any merit would want to take on the baggage that she has sheltered behind her walls.  Once a professional has lanced the festering sores of resentment and bitterness and cleansed her deep wounds, she may then be ready for a wholesome relationship.  Or not.  Many people live out their lives without need of a partner to validate them.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I want to see what they all do when the gravy train runs out.

Me too. This will be the real show, which will never be filmed.

Now that they've lived the high life, how could the Brown's ego ever adjust to a serious downsize. I'm a saver which is one of the reasons this show intrigues me. Nothing I have seen has given me a reason to believe they are making wise financial decisions, now or for their future.   Meri is the only one that may come out of this in the black. The stories of back taxes owed, multiple bankruptcies, real/unreal business's, love affair with MLM's,  lack of job related skill sets, and Kody's financial impulsivity.  Using bankruptcy as their go to, really pisses me off and fuels my wish for a swift and strong karma.

"the Brown family makes a little less than $400k per year; a reported net worth of $800K"

https://www.distractify.com/p/how-much-do-sister-wives-earn

"Kody and his first wife Meri filed joint bankruptcy in 2005. Kody and Meri was ordered to pay $187,885.74 to their creditors and attorneys. Janelle also filled in 1997, and third wife Christine did likewise in 2010."

https://heavy.com/money/2019/01/sister-wives-kody-brown-net-worth/

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

"Kody and his first wife Meri filed joint bankruptcy in 2005. Kody and Meri was ordered to pay $187,885.74 to their creditors and attorneys. Janelle also filled in 1997, and third wife Christine did likewise in 2010."

https://heavy.com/money/2019/01/sister-wives-kody-brown-net-worth/

I always wondered how they "slept at night" when Janelle says "we always manage to make the ends meet" on camera when Christine was filing for bankruptcy after the cameras had entered their lives?

• Love 4
On 3/26/2021 at 9:09 AM, Irate Panda said:

At this point, I think it be more of a case of Kody was suddenly thunderstruck and realized Meri's self-proclaimed  NETworth, if the minions continue to buy her lulu rags.  I don’t think Kody will ever get over Mary “cheating” on him.  Although, it’s probably the only reason the show lasted this long.  I don’t think Kody would ever treat Meri well, but he would pretend as best he could if he needed whatever rag money she’s supposedly making.

I’ve been watching some old episodes and when Kody is rolling his eyes during the Westminster discussion because he needs money to retire and damn near ten years later, he’s still screaming he needs money to retire.  Now I don’t actually fault him on that. I’m glad at least one of them, well probably two (Janelle) are thinking about retirement.  I also think Mariah was being spoiled as normal, but that’s nothing new.

Won’t Kody be around 80 when little Aerosol Can graduates college?  Considering these fools money management skills and I don’t think even TLC would subject us to Sister Wives Season 573377, I want to see what they all do when the gravy train runs out. These fools should have a decent nest egg by now.  I mean there’s a possibility they do and we don’t know about it, but according to them their drowwwwningk in debt.  They should all go work at Meri’s inn, where the can make Rice Krispie Treats for their only guests, Mariah and Audrey.  I don’t even like Meri, but get amused imagining her barking out orders to bellboy Kody and screaming at Robyn through a bullhorn to get her broke ass out of bed because the Rice Krispie treats aren’t going to make themselves.  It won’t happen, but I kinda wish it would.

I think the adults should have started discussions with the kids when they started high school that there was a finite amount of money available and that they needed to pick a state school in Nevada to attend.  I know  Mariah got a little in scholarships and the man who came over to talk to the family seemed to talk them into believing that student loans were acceptable and Kody seems to --at least for that episode--decide student loans are good.  At some point both Mariah's medical school and Mykelti's fashion design dreams seem to vanish, never to be mentioned again.   I wonder if helping Mariah go to Westminster is what pushed Meri into the Luluroe mlm.  

Looking backward, there just seem to be so many cracks in their relationship, that I think the Catfishy thing was just a great excuse for Kody to bail despite the fact that it got them a trillion more episodes.   I think the IVF discussions, Mariah's college expenses,  the addition of Robyn, all caused massive cracks.  Then the catfish mess blew it all to smithereens because it was all over social media and the tv show.  Also Meri getting the BandB without help from the family probably really annoyed Kody.  I am sure he didn't want to help fund it, but he seemed angry that she managed it anyway.  If Meri didn't have that massive house, I would think she was doing pretty well financially, but I doubt she is saving much. Luluroe may not outlast the show; I keep hearing it is going under, but she seems to do okay still.   I am sure he cannot stand the fact that she is apparently doing fine financially without the family

It truly boggles my mind that they got those huge houses in Las Vegas even if they didn't keep them.  And it seems a bit like karmic justice that they had such trouble unloading them.

I think Kody was around 47 or 48 when Aereola was born.  It was sometime after his  46th party in season 6 or 7.  That would make him around 65 when she graduates from high school.  I am not sure what the chance is she would finish college.  So far Logan and Mariah finished college, but I am not sure about anyone else.  I think both Maddie and Aspyn started but I am not sure if they finished.

Meri started to go back to college, but I guess she dropped out again as I don't recall it being mentioned except when she tells Robyn.

• Love 8
On 3/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, Irate Panda said:

he needs money to retire

Then he shouldn't have moved to Flagstaff, bought that mansion for him and the wife, bought the land at Plague Pond, kept rental trucks forever, and the list of bad decisions go on and on.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Then he shouldn't have moved to Flagstaff, bought that mansion for him and the wife, bought the land at Plague Pond, kept rental trucks forever, and the list of bad decisions go on and on.

I know Kody says a lot of dumb things, but one of the dumbest was one of his main points of moving was to save money.  He then proceeds to pick a fairly expensive place to live, plus all the things you mentioned. I get this move probably revolved around Day’un, but the “we’re saving money” white board presentation is just another example of either Kody being an idiot or trying to gaslight the other wives for Robochin.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think the adults should have started discussions with the kids when they started high school that there was a finite amount of money available and that they needed to pick a state school in Nevada to attend.  I know  Mariah got a little in scholarships and the man who came over to talk to the family seemed to talk them into believing that student loans were acceptable and Kody seems to --at least for that episode--decide student loans are good.  At some point both Mariah's medical school and Mykelti's fashion design dreams seem to vanish, never to be mentioned again.   I wonder if helping Mariah go to Westminster is what pushed Meri into the Luluroe mlm.  

Looking backward, there just seem to be so many cracks in their relationship, that I think the Catfishy thing was just a great excuse for Kody to bail despite the fact that it got them a trillion more episodes.   I think the IVF discussions, Mariah's college expenses,  the addition of Robyn, all caused massive cracks.  Then the catfish mess blew it all to smithereens because it was all over social media and the tv show.  Also Meri getting the BandB without help from the family probably really annoyed Kody.  I am sure he didn't want to help fund it, but he seemed angry that she managed it anyway.  If Meri didn't have that massive house, I would think she was doing pretty well financially, but I doubt she is saving much. Luluroe may not outlast the show; I keep hearing it is going under, but she seems to do okay still.   I am sure he cannot stand the fact that she is apparently doing fine financially without the family

It truly boggles my mind that they got those huge houses in Las Vegas even if they didn't keep them.  And it seems a bit like karmic justice that they had such trouble unloading them.

I think Kody was around 47 or 48 when Aereola was born.  It was sometime after his  46th party in season 6 or 7.  That would make him around 65 when she graduates from high school.  I am not sure what the chance is she would finish college.  So far Logan and Mariah finished college, but I am not sure about anyone else.  I think both Maddie and Aspyn started but I am not sure if they finished.

Meri started to go back to college, but I guess she dropped out again as I don't recall it being mentioned except when she tells Robyn.

You are right about Kody’s age for some reason I thought he was older.  I think because I knew he was around 10 years older than Robyn and I thought she was around 50, but she’s only 42.

Meri must be devastated. RIP Bonnie.

Can't wait for Kootie's and Robochin's eulogies. Janelle may have more sympathy having recently lost her mom.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Can't wait for Kootie's and Robochin's eulogies. Janelle may have more sympathy having recently lost her mom.

None of them  acknowledged Janelle’s mother passing on social media.

Edited by ginger90
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That is pathetically sad. These people have no hearts, selfish, narsistik asshats one and all!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I know Kody says a lot of dumb things, but one of the dumbest was one of his main points of moving was to save money.  He then proceeds to pick a fairly expensive place to live, plus all the things you mentioned. I get this move probably revolved around Day’un, but the “we’re saving money” white board presentation is just another example of either Kody being an idiot or trying to gaslight the other wives for Robochin.

Very true.  I said all along, everyone should have stayed in LV until their homes sold.  That way they would only have been paying rent on Robyn's home in Flagstaff, they could have rented her home in LV  until it sold.  By that time Dayton might have realized he didn't want to go to school there and they would have moved back.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I believe Janelle's mother passed away on Savanah's birthday this year.  Kody was pictured extending BD greetings to Savanah on Janelle's driveway, he may have made it a twofer and extended condolences to Janelle on her mother, his MIL as well as his step/bonus mom in one visit.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

A lovely tribute to Bonnie from Meri.

It was nice. I have been watching older episodes and Bonnie and Sheryl have been in several of them.  My mom died 15 years ago; it is hard.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I believe Janelle's mother passed away on Savanah's birthday this year.  Kody was pictured extending BD greetings to Savanah on Janelle's driveway, he may have made it a twofer and extended condolences to Janelle on her mother, his MIL as well as his step/bonus mom in one visit.

You'd think, but he is too much of a narcissist to think of anyone else...his job was to wish Savanah a Happy Birthday, nothing else even entered his pea brain. 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If Robyn or Kody would mention it, they'd find a way to turn it back around to themselves.  

I don't think they will think they have anything to gain by mourning Meri's mom. Meri is nothing to them (except maybe keeping the show going). I lost both my parents many years ago and that pain of being alone, still haunts me and we weren't really even that close. Aunts, Uncles gone and suddenly you are the "elder generation" was not ready for that...at almost 72, don't feel like I am the old goat yet!!! 🙂

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I believe Janelle's mother passed away on Savanah's birthday this year. 

Poor Savannah.  My grandfather died on my birthday. 

24 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't think they will think they have anything to gain by mourning Meri's mom. Meri is nothing to them (except maybe keeping the show going). I lost both my parents many years ago and that pain of being alone, still haunts me and we weren't really even that close. Aunts, Uncles gone and suddenly you are the "elder generation" was not ready for that...at almost 72, don't feel like I am the old goat yet!!! 🙂

I expect a comment or two from Mariah.   I am close to being  the old goat.  I sometimes feel like we are like those ducks in a shooting gallery or in a line on a diving board just waiting our turn.  Sometimes someone gets shot or pushed off out of turn, but mostly it is by age.  At this point, only two cousins and my husband are ahead of me. 

I wonder what will happen with Lizzie's b&b.  I can't see Audrey and Mariah running it.  I am not sure Meri can run it plus handle the Lulurags, too.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I wonder what will happen with Lizzie's b&b.  I can't see Audrey and Mariah running it.  I am not sure Meri can run it plus handle the Lulurags, too.

This may be Meri's perfect opportunity to relocate to Parowan.  I'm pretty sure hostess duties would be off Mariah's radar and Audge could continue her administrative role as Head of the Art and Publicity Division of Lizzie's Heritage Inn remotely from SLC, where I believe Mariah attends school and Audge's family are located.

I don't suppose Lizzie's has more than 5 guests per week and they already employ someone to cook and someone else to clean, so Meri could easily slide into Bonnie's role as Hostess and Greeter.  That shed to the side could be expanded to create a studio for Meri's LLR, it probably already is wired for electricity and they could run plumbing to make it more comfortable.  The cost of the expansion could soon be recouped with what Meri would be saving on the Flagstaff rental.  Meri could block out her bookings to accommodate LLR cruises and her frequent flyer spins to Disney. 

It's a win/win saving face for Meri, giving her a reasonable excuse to physically remove herself from the family and yet be only a few hours away for big family events or filming.  When in Flagstaff, Robyn no doubt has room to accommodate her or if that is not feasible, she would still be ahead of the game if she took short term rentals at a local motel.

• Love 19

This may be Meri's perfect opportunity to relocate to Parowan.  I'm pretty sure hostess duties would be off Mariah's radar and Audge could continue her administrative role as Head of the Art and Publicity Division of Lizzie's Heritage Inn remotely from SLC, where I believe Mariah attends school and Audge's family are located.

I don't understand why Meri is even in Flagstaff at this point. The jig is up. She and Kody have no relationship, and everyone in America knows it because they've admitted it. Meri's only daughter is moving to Utah, and she has a business in Utah and another business that she can do from anywhere. I don't know why she doesn't get the hell out of there. It's so obvious that she only sees Robyn occasionally and the other two wives not at all. She and Kody are divorced. Other than needing to keep up the charade, why stay in Flagstaff?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I don't understand why Meri is even in Flagstaff at this point. The jig is up. She and Kody have no relationship, and everyone in America knows it because they've admitted it. Meri's only daughter is moving to Utah, and she has a business in Utah and another business that she can do from anywhere. I don't know why she doesn't get the hell out of there. It's so obvious that she only sees Robyn occasionally and the other two wives not at all. She and Kody are divorced. Other than needing to keep up the charade, why stay in Flagstaff?

My theory is that Meri stays in Flagstaff for the Green Godde$$.  She will milk her infamy on the show for as long as it benefits her LLR and BnB businesses, as well as whatever income she derives from TLC.

She has put a price on her dignity and self-respect and in my opinion, it's far too low.  I would be ashamed if my own daughter sold herself out in this manner, as my parents would have been of me. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

My theory is that Meri stays in Flagstaff for the Green Godde$$

Bingo. 

And as much as Kootie despises her he knows he cannot afford to lose her.  Nobody wants to watch the Kobyn show with just those two unpalatable characters.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Meri stays in Flagstaff for the Green Godde$$

If I was Meri and have so much invested on participating in this Kody show, I would stay for the dough . . . with a caveat.

If the show needs Meri, I would make that clown Kody act like he doesn't loathe me on camera and pick on somebody else.

This scripted high school play is what it is. If we can spot the gaslighting, editing, and mixed messages, they obviously have some control over what is filmed. Of all the 4 "wives", she's in the best spot. While Robyn is both the legal winner of that prize Kody Brown and currently resides in the Brown Mansion, it is Meri who has the most freedom, income potential and investment in her future. Kody himself said he wants to disassociate legally from future joint real estate deals.

Kody should be kissing her ass less hostile. She appears beat up emotionally so she probably can't do it, but if she said no more or I walk, they may stop filming his disrespect. Nobody wants to watch this anymore. We get it Kody, she bruised your oh so fragile ego.

His continued verbal mantra about the "family" is hollow as we watch it evaporate, while he continues to lose his grip along with his goldilocks.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I suspect Meri will finally pack it in.  Who else is available to run the B&B in Parowan?  If the property is that important to her and she really has nothing holding her in Flagstaff once the girls move to Utah, she has nothing really to hold her there.  Kody doesn't want her; the other wives don't want her.

She might not make as much money, losing the show, but if the family buys her out of her portion of the property at whatever the heck gulch that is, she might have enough to really increase the B&B and be a little more self-sufficient.

Meri's at a turning point now where she can leave these nincompoops behind and start her life over, more independently.  This could very possibly be a life-changing event for her, for the better.

• Love 18

I would be totally shocked if Meri can make a living off the dusty B&B in Nowheresville.  It doesn't even appear to be open - if you try to book a room there is not a single date available for any of them until May 5 when suddenly there are rooms free.  I don't believe for a hot minute that all of the rooms are occupied and then magically become available on exactly the same date.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, b2H said:

Who else is available to run the B&B in Parowan? 

The original plan was for Christine's mother to run the B&B.  She was never mentioned again after Bonnie helped with the down payment.  Hypothetically, Mariah and Audrey could run the B&B - Supposedly, they leave Flagstaff to do so soon after their 14-day quarantine.  Of course, there are many business, financial and quality of life factors that all parties would have to consider before that would happen.

Meri could run the B&B and still do the show.  They don't tape year-round, and, as others noted, she could rent an AirBnB or stay at a hotel in Flagstaff when they tape.  Many of the scenes are in restaurants or forced outings, anyway.  Also - TLC may decide for her, if they don't renew.  (However, I think that Kody, et. al, would perform for free or even pay a fee for the fame and the perks.)

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I would be totally shocked if Meri can make a living off the dusty B&B in Nowheresville.  It doesn't even appear to be open - if you try to book a room there is not a single date available for any of them until May 5 when suddenly there are rooms free.  I don't believe for a hot minute that all of the rooms are occupied and then magically become available on exactly the same date.

Well, her mom just died so maybe she is closed for that reason?  or maybe they are filming for the next season?  and COVID is still around. 

If it goes out of business, she could probably get a regular mortgage on it, and move herself and the Lulu rags there.  And she would be closer to "her girls" in SLC.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, her mom just died so maybe she is closed for that reason?  or maybe they are filming for the next season?  and COVID is still around. 

More likely filming for 2023 or beyond and Covid. It's been that way for a while, well before Bonnie passed.   I just think that there is no business because there is absolutely nothing to do in that town and, for those skiing nearby, there are tons of really great Airbnb or VRBO rentals with loads of amenities.

• Love 7

I wonder if the mom’s name was on the title. If Meri and her mom’s name are on title, it’s likely the mom’s ownership portion will be split between her kids. I wonder how it would work with multiple owners. If Meri was smart, she would make a friend in Flagstaff who would let her film at their house and pretend it was hers. That way she saves on rental fees.

It’s awful to say but I can’t wait until the show official ends and these people are in a panic because they have no money and no way of getting jobs that will let them keep up their lifestyle. I don’t usually wish ill will on others but it drives me crazy that they have been given so many opportunities most of us could only dream of and they automatically make the wrong choices. When they moved the vegas the market was depressed, they could easily have found four homes on the same block that had been foreclosed on and they could have been paid off by now with TLC money. Instead, they keep building or buying homes they will never be able to afford to keep once the show is over. I would much rather have a small house that had been paid off than a huge house I am going to be forced out of in a few years. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Love 11

Not sure if any of the others acknowledged Bonnie's passing yet. I know they didn't post about Janelle's. I don't think we can call them out for not posting their thoughts on social media though.

I honestly sometimes get annoyed by all the sharing. My SIL always writes these long artful posts of love to her mom and her husband on Facebook. Neither of them are on Facebook though --- and the mom had Alzheimers. So why is she writing to them on social media? Seems a bit "all about me."

I'm okay if Kody and the gang.... reached out in private.  Of course it's also probable that they didn't even pick up the phone and call Meri - . In that case, I'd be mad.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Not sure if any of the others acknowledged Bonnie's passing yet. I know they didn't post about Janelle's. I don't think we can call them out for not posting their thoughts on social media though.

I honestly sometimes get annoyed by all the sharing. My SIL always writes these long artful posts of love to her mom and her husband on Facebook. Neither of them are on Facebook though --- and the mom had Alzheimers. So why is she writing to them on social media? Seems a bit "all about me."

I'm okay if Kody and the gang.... reached out in private.  Of course it's also probable that they didn't even pick up the phone and call Meri - . In that case, I'd be mad.

Janelle and Ysabel posted on Meri’s IG page.  That’s all I’ve seen so far.

Janelle:  I will miss her so much! She has been such a big part of my life all these years.

Ysabel: love you marmee! my heart hurts

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle and Ysabel posted on Meri’s IG page.  That’s all I’ve seen so far.

Janelle:  I will miss her so much! She has been such a big part of my life all these years.

Ysabel: love you marmee! my heart hurts

Kody just tweeted during the show: Missing Grandma Bonnie now. So sad. I love seeing her here on the show. Rest In Peace Grandma! I will miss your kind way, smile and wisdom. Your passing breaks my heart. “Heaven is nearly full.” #SisterWives

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody just tweeted during the show: Missing Grandma Bonnie now. So sad. I love seeing her here on the show. Rest In Peace Grandma! I will miss your kind way, smile and wisdom. Your passing breaks my heart. “Heaven is nearly full.” #SisterWives

Well, I think Kootie did what he felt he had to, what was expected of him with that tweet.  He is such an inconsiderate douche bag.  It would be just like him to make a show of something publicly like that, but will he be there for Meri?  Has he even gone over there and hugged her?  My guess is no.  I know Meri can be a pain, and she has done her share of dishing out the misery, but Kootie has dished out his share as well.  I don’t think he is man enough to put his ego aside and comfort her in her time of sorrow and vulnerability.  When my mother died, it felt like the worse thing that had ever happened to me.  I could not be strong and I don’t know how I would have gotten through it without my husband’s shoulder to cry on.  I sure hope Meri knows that she should not be expecting that from Kootie.  What makes it even worse is that the B&B and Meri’s mother were always waiting for her in Utah, like an escape from an unbearable situation.  Now that escape is forever changed.  Say what you want about Meri and all that is wrong with her, my heart hurts for her right now.  Oh yeah, polygamy makes you all better.  Why aren’t you there for each other like a family?  I get better support from casual friends.  Their lifestyle is a joke.

• Love 22

Their lifestyle is a joke.

And now we have proof. And we have Kody Brown to thank.

Kody Brown's plyg is not evil like the Warren Jeffs plyg. But unless you are a climber like Robyn, who the heck wants to live like this? If this show is "real" and not scripted, it sure is an unhealthy and weird interpretation of a "Principle" that has been exposed to the public. If this show is "scripted" Kody Brown has co-opted his beloved "Principle" for the almighty dollar.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 13

It’s my understanding that the Principle is a religious teaching that’s not supposed to make one happy. It’s about giving, sacrifice and duty. I’m not defending, but it’s the Brown wives, including Meri, who have puffed up being in a plural family.  Their faith is focused on the next life.....not happiness here. I’m no expert, perhaps someone who is can confirm this.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

It’s my understanding that the Principle is a religious teaching that’s not supposed to make one happy. It’s about giving, sacrifice and duty. I’m not defending, but it’s the Brown wives, including Meri, who have puffed up being in a plural family.  Their faith is focused on the next life.....not happiness here. I’m no expert, perhaps someone who is can confirm this.  

If they were really religious and interested in living the Principle, they would be devastated that none of their 18 kids want to live the Principle, and they would be completely unaccepting of a gay daughter getting married to another woman. I have no clue what the real motivation is behind the forming and continuation of this polygamous family, but it's not devout religious belief. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

Yeah, he was waiting for them to quarantine for 2 weeks before coming over and didn’t know that they left, but they could have texted and he didn’t notice.  He was right about closing it down for a while though. With a trickle of patrons, they wouldn’t make enough to pay the electric bill.  Plus, the added risk of living in the place with strangers.....unless you have separate air filtration system.......odd decision, imo. 

I do feel for Meri upon the loss of her mother. That’s very sad.  

• Love 5

Why didn't Mariah & Audge quarantine for 14 days before taking their germs to grandma Bonnie's? 

And Kootie didn't think he needed to social distance from Meri, even though she'd been to Parowan & back, no doubt buying gas, groceries and interacting with the boy and any guests at Lizzie's in the past 7 days.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why didn't Mariah & Audge quarantine for 14 days before taking their germs to grandma Bonnie's? 

I think Mariah and Audge were going to move into the B&B and Meri was going to bring Bonnie back to her house, so none of them would really be interacting with each other.

But who was the kid - Connor?  Did we get that information?  I assume it's a grandson of Bonnie's but why was he there hanging out at a dusty B&B?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think Mariah and Audge were going to move into the B&B and Meri was going to bring Bonnie back to her house, so none of them would really be interacting with each other.

But who was the kid - Connor?  Did we get that information?  I assume it's a grandson of Bonnie's but why was he there hanging out at a dusty B&B?

They did interact at the doorway though, they were all clustered together without masks.

The introduction of Connor seemed odd.  His parents were nowhere in sight and I don't think Meri has other relatives in Parowan, so he may have just been spending a few days with Gramma Bonnie on his own.  The only thing I took from the exchange was that Audge relates better to kids, affirming their intention for Audge to be the designated mother when/if she and Mariah have kids.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 4