Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Another hilarious parody by a poster on Reddit!

Bless you for sharing that. I’m dying over here especially the end... robin whistles here robin 

and the banana bit 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 5
On 7/8/2014 at 7:32 AM, wrestlesflamingos said:

Meri lacks the intellectual and emotional capacity that polygamy requires. She isn't living by a spiritual calling or deeply held belief, she did this to keep her only teenage boyfriend. She's bitter and purposeless.

I agree. She’s not suited to it AT ALL, even if she desperately wants to be. And now, she’s lost the one thing that ever meant anything to her—Kody. That ship has sunk to the depths of the Titanic, never to be recovered  

Kody may be a jerk, but I don’t have much empathy for Meri because of the games she’s played and how she refuses to take any responsibility for her actions. She STILL accuses them of “attacking” her when they only seek clarification, so communication cannot happen because Meri won’t allow it. Things will never get talked out because it’s always an “attack” on Meri. they all need to put their eggshell shoes on when they’re gonna talk to Meri  

So. Predictable. 

• Love 9

I think the loss of her eternal salvation eats at her as well because she knows there is no way Kody will be pulling her through the veil. And there is no back-up plan because all of the worthy men her age are committed to wives with whom they share a history (and children). 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, suomi said:

I think the loss of her eternal salvation eats at her as well because she knows there is no way Kody will be pulling her through the veil. And there is no back-up plan because all of the worthy men her age are committed to wives with whom they share a history (and children). 

This is interesting, because I've assumed that they all traded in their faith and beliefs for the church of the almighty dollar.  I cannot recall one time either Kody or Meri discussing on the show what becomes of Meri's salvation on Planet Kody.  Maybe I'm just jaded but I think that pre-Robyn, they were strong in their faith but the more season renewals they got from TLC, the less a part their faith played.  They talk a good faith talk when they attempt to explain to us dumb monogamists why they all stay in a loveless spiritual marriage, but I just don't see a spiritual family anymore.  Lots of talk of "culture," but that's about it.  These women can't even share a kitchen.  How do they expect to share a planet?

• Love 12

THANK YOU, Therapist Meri!  It's so refreshing to get my mental health advice from a ZZZ-list "celeb" who still cleaves to her doofus ex-husband even though he loathes the very sight of her and has such seething hatred for her sister wives that she can't even ride in a car with any of them!  Please, after you dole out more deep thoughts, will you start a makeup blog?  I need to know how you look 25 when you're surely twice that age!  Kthx.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I can't stop laughing.  Her filter is now applying eyeliner on the whites of her eyes.

It's because she's using the Wooly Willy filter, which is essentially what the eyeliner and lashes she shills are - Wooly Willy magnetic eyeliner and lashes. Wooly Meri Magmetics. I'd jump in the downline for that opportunity.

woolymeri.jpg

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 12
(edited)

Omg she has a peloton. Now she's going to try and get a shout out on the Leaderboard. 

ETA - I don't think she has an actual Peloton. If she was on an actual Peloton bike, the bottom of the screen would show her stats (cadence/resistance/output). She must be using a different bike. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Yes please! Sign me up for an overpriced frumpy, dumpy smock, so I can get a unhygienic simple kid’s lunch-box snack covered in dog hair, arrive with it. What a deal! 🙄

I think you meant, What a dill. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA - I don't think she has an actual Peloton. If she was on an actual Peloton bike, the bottom of the screen would show her stats (cadence/resistance/output). She must be using a different bike. 

Looks like it may have been smudged out with one of her filter programs.  I wouldn’t put it past Meri to have the most expensive exercise bike!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

She could be using the Peleton app with a different bike. 

That's what I think too- I know several people IRL who use the app with a Schwinn or some other stationary bike. Janelle ought to try it, maybe she'd actually enjoy her workouts. 

The bike itself weighs 135 pounds so she'd have a hard time moving it between Parowan and Flagstaff. 

It would take a TON of filtering.- not just the stats on the bottom but using just the app you don't get the Leaderboard or the High Fives, at least I don't think you do. The actual bike is a pretty immersive experience! That's why the big bucks although I must say I'm actually saving a ton of money over my former gym membership. Not to mention I can work out without wearing a mask 😊

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Looks like it may have been smudged out with one of her filter programs.  I wouldn’t put it past Meri to have the most expensive exercise bike!

Exactly, she smudged her stats....

They must have been pathetic if she took the time to remove them 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this? There has to be some kind of unspoken understanding about the hierarchy of wives. E.g. Christine waiting to be 3rd. For all Kody's denial about the importance of legal marriage, the shift from Meri to Robyn kind of rocked  Janelle's world. 

And certainly! Since the marriage license shuffle, Christine and Janelle have become more outspoken to Meri..about Meri. 

And Meri losing the status seems to have hit her like a ton of bricks. Catfish or no, I believe the shuffle would have been enough. 

• Love 3

I can't remember the the details of the entire Meri divorce/Robin marriage/so Kody can adopt Robins kids fiasco.

Why would she give up her crown as first wife?

Did Kody guilt trip Meri into doing this-"for the kids"

Couldn't he adopt the kids without the marriage?

(edited)

I believe that it was 100% Robyn's idea for Meri to relinquish her marriage license, and that Robyn presented it to Kody as it being "for the kids" (probably while wearing her very best VS lingerie especially made for long legs).  Kody brought it to Meri and told Meri that she would be doing it "for the kids."  His "suggestion" that Meri divorce Kody was more likely a "do it or else."  Considering Meri's on-screen, near nervous-breakdown before she went with Kody AND ROBYN to sign away her marriage, there's no freaking way that this was Meri's idea.  I think she saw Kody pulling away from her and thought that this selfless act might bring him back to her a little bit.  Of course, it did the opposite.  And how many talking heads did we see with Meri sobbing, claiming she did it FOR THE KIDS?  It was like she'd been brainwashed.

And there was no adoption.  We still saw Robyn pack up her kids and send them on their way to their bio dad's house more than once.  If Kody had adopted them, and IF her ex was the horrible cookie monster she claimed he was, why would she send the kids to his house ever again?

I sure wish David Jessop would write a tell-all.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
(edited)

So timing wise, this happened after the catfish reveal? I can't see pre-catfish Meri going along with this, ever. But I can see humiliated and beat up Meri caving in to this. Pretty devious and predatory of Barbie and Ken.

Need to watch this again. What season was this?

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I believe that it was 100% Robyn's idea for Meri to relinquish her marriage license, and that Robyn presented it to Kody as it being "for the kids" (probably while wearing her very best VS lingerie especially made for long legs).  Kody brought it to Meri and told Meri that she would be doing it "for the kids."  His "suggestion" that Meri divorce Kody was more likely a "do it or else."  Considering Meri's on-screen, near nervous-breakdown before she went with Kody AND ROBYN to sign away her marriage, there's no freaking way that this was Meri's idea.  I think she saw Kody pulling away from her and thought that this selfless act might bring him back to her a little bit.  Of course, it did the opposite.  And how many talking heads did we see with Meri sobbing, claiming she did it FOR THE KIDS?  It was like she'd been brainwashed.

And there was no adoption.  We still saw Robyn pack up her kids and send them on their way to their bio dad's house more than once.  If Kody had adopted them, and IF her ex was the horrible cookie monster she claimed he was, why would she send the kids to his house ever again?

I sure wish David Jessop would write a tell-all.

I wish he would, too! Since I have watched Robyn twist truth, I  have to wonder if her ex was so so bad. 

To me, she seems to have a "for me or against me" mindset. And I think if she doesn't get her way, she feels people are against her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

So timing wise, this happened after the catfish reveal? I can't see pre-catfish Meri going along with this, ever. But I can see humiliated and beat up Meri caving in to this. Pretty devious and predatory of Barbie and Ken.

Need to watch this again. What season was this?

Meri and Kody divorced in Sept. 2014. The catfishing supposedly started sometime in 2015. I think Meri was more affected by the divorce than she wanted to admit and Kody was wrapped up in Robyn and making babies with her,  so Meri was vulnerable. Also, didn’t Mariah start college at the same time? 

• Love 9

So, first the divorce, then the catfish. Understand the catfish, but perplexed why she agreed to the divorce, kind of.

I guess what was she going to do or say to Kody? Nope, no divorce? This was always weird to me. A plyg divorcing a wife but keeping her around. And while I keep her around, I'll flaunt my loving relationship with the new wife in her face, while new wife pronounces her great friendship to the new divorcee.

Yeah, this plyg lifestyle is awesome.

• Love 10

This might have been mentioned before but if Meri did leave the family (ie Kody) whose planet does she go to? Her dad’s? Nobody’s? Also, if she stays with Kody does she automatically go to his planet or he picks and chooses who comes with him?

• Useful 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This might have been mentioned before but if Meri did leave the family (ie Kody) whose planet does she go to? Her dad’s? Nobody’s? Also, if she stays with Kody does she automatically go to his planet or he picks and chooses who comes with him?

I don't think that there is a single mormon on earth that can explain the rules for this cockamamie story.  It was made up by the misogynisitc rulers to keep the wimmen folk in line back when the whole religion was made up.  They never factored in divorce, remarriage, gay children, step-children, etc.

Edited by Cetacean
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
(edited)
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3497000F-65F6-448B-9404-EE3E65B797B1.jpeg

So, I swiped up. 🤣

21F10569-7814-4A9C-BA5A-AB094488D509.jpeg

I don't know what the PV price of $700. is all about, but if my math is right, a kit contains 57 items of product.  Using the $999. figure that would average out at over $17. per item at wholesale to her downline, for a brand I have never heard of.  I have read that her magnetic strip caterpillar eyelashes are $50. a pop but this "starter kit" seems to be only skincare.  This will be a very tough sell for her minions but I don't think that matters, just keep building the downline and those on the bottom can bear the burden.

second thought.../s... Just look at the results though, the product transformed Meri from resembling W.C. Fields as we saw on the show to almost model status, fresh dewy skin, the bloat is gone, as well as the cleft in her chin.  It's magic I tell ya!

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What happens if a wife dies first?

It depends on whether they were sealed for Time or for Time And Eternity. Time is this life only and Time And Eternity is forever.

If you (male or female) are married more than once you can be sealed either way to cover your bases.

Most older people are sealed to their first spouse for T&E because that's who they had kids with, and sealed for Time to later spouses.

You also can un-seal for T&E with one spouse and then seal for T&E with another. Sealing and un-sealing are done in temple ceremonies. I don't think you have to give a particular reason, probably some small talk during an interview with the bishop would suffice. 

You can't have multiple T&E sealings because it makes her the first wife in the hereafter. 

Sealings for Time have no standing in the afterlife.

All worthy males can have plural wives in the afterlife but my memory is cloudy as to how they are assigned.

Spinsters are servants, so it's not them.

• Useful 15
(edited)

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?!?

For those crappy lashes?!?

(I think the 700 is some sort of MLM point thing, or maybe it's Meri's commission for those poor benighted souls who sign up under her...the LLR thing must be dying down or she's feeling the heat of having her finite market being split between her, Christine, and Mykelti.)

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3497000F-65F6-448B-9404-EE3E65B797B1.jpeg

So, I swiped up. 🤣

21F10569-7814-4A9C-BA5A-AB094488D509.jpeg

I wonder if she’s been reading here, seeing us compare her actual face to the one she edits 😆🤣.

That stuff better be magic for the price. I’d say we’ll see if it works, but we won’t be able to tell until next season when we get to see Meri’s actual face again! 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

These are the lashes people actually asked her about? Perhaps so they can avoid them?

And once people see the price, they will certainly avoid them.  People might spend $20 to see if they look better or ridiculous in fake eyelashes before spending big bucks. For me, with poor manual dexterity and desire to look natural, just watching someone applying fake lashes made me say - never!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5