Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Anyone following Meris Twitter? In true Meri fashion she’s passive aggressive and sort of throwing Christine under the bus for objecting to the one house idea. 

she pisses me off for this because she was not even willing to say what she thought of the one house idea. Once Christine puts her foot down, she goes in with manipulating tactics.  I can’t imagine dealing with this woman for 30 years! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Stefphill said:

Anyone following Meris Twitter? In true Meri fashion she’s passive aggressive and sort of throwing Christine under the bus for objecting to the one house idea. 

she pisses me off for this because she was not even willing to say what she thought of the one house idea. Once Christine puts her foot down, she goes in with manipulating tactics.  I can’t imagine dealing with this woman for 30 years! 

IMO Meri was and is almost as toxic as her replacement.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Stefphill said:

You know Meri wouldn't agree to the one house idea because when she leaves she won't be able to sell her share.  Right now she is free and clear of Kody and any joint mortgage obligations.  Even the 1 plot of land on Coyote Pass that is deeded jointly to her, Kody and Janelle is paid in full so they'd OWE HER $60,000 to buy her out of her share.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

You know Meri wouldn't agree to the one house idea because when she leaves she won't be able to sell her share.  Right now she is free and clear of Kody and any joint mortgage obligations.  Even the 1 plot of land on Coyote Pass that is deeded jointly to her, Kody and Janelle is paid in full so they'd OWE HER $60,000 to buy her out of her share.

Great point! I never thought of that.  Now she can continue to imagine her deck overlooking the ‘pond’....

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Stefphill said:

Great point! I never thought of that.  Now she can continue to imagine her deck overlooking the ‘pond’....

And if you thought seeing "Sam" written on her leg in the bathtub was bad, imagine those legs with 100 mosquito bites each after sitting on that deck.

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

And if you thought seeing "Sam" written on her leg in the bathtub was bad, imagine those legs with 100 mosquito bites each after sitting on that deck.

She could play "connect the dots" with her mosquito bites and spell out, "I STILL LOVE U SAM"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She could play "connect the dots" with her mosquito bites and spell out, "I STILL LOVE U SAM"

She could be sitting there on the dock/deck quietly humming that Otis Redding oldie, Just Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay...🎵

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Who gives away a bed their kid is using??? 

Doesn't Meri present that the furniture at Lizzie's B&B as authentic and family heirlooms?  How did it survive Bonnie, especially when she's alone at the inn?  At least the polygamist doors are real.

Meri or social media manager Audrey should have saved this for Mother's Day and written about Lizzie for International Women's Day.  And, MSWC should have had a closeout sale on their Strong Women line.  (OK, the last suggestion is as believable as the furniture and doors.)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, suomi said:

I'd like to see her wrestling her bulk into something that small which has no stretch, no give. It can't be easy. 

I will never understand this look - if you can't button it, and it's smushed right up against your pits, it must be impossible to actually move around in it and do anything with any degree of comfort except pose for selfies. 

• Love 10
On 3/9/2021 at 1:51 PM, Sandy W said:

She could be sitting there on the dock/deck quietly humming that Otis Redding oldie, Just Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay...🎵

Um, that would be Robyn's line LOL

• LOL 6
9 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Um, that would be Robyn's line LOL

Robyn does the settin' but the last stanza really applies to Meri:---

"Look like nothin's gonna change

Everything still remains the same

I can't do what ten people tell me to do

So I guess I'll remain"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I will never understand this look - if you can't button it, and it's smushed right up against your pits, it must be impossible to actually move around in it and do anything with any degree of comfort except pose for selfies. 

Same here.  It looks like she would have to have help getting in and out of these tight tops.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

tight tops

and tight jeans.

Gotta give her and her svelte daughter props for such a strong sense of body image. I guess what they see in the mirror is different than what we see in the selfies. Her sausage clothes do not look comfortable. 

Wonder when this "look" began. Lularoe career?

Just remembered one of the cringeworthy Meri comments from this episode. She and her ex-husband were on the couch talking about Princess Di's Mariah's upcoming wedding. She tried her best cutesy look, looked over at the ex and said something like "see, we can work together on something". No comment from the ex, as he ignores her comment and stares blankly at the camera. Ouch.

• Love 12

Back when they were wearing spaghetti-strapped tank tops over long-sleeved T-shirts, they wore them too tight.  Not modest at all. They seem to think it makes them look like they are the size of the too-small clothing, but it accentuates their back-fat, muffin tops and sausage arms.  Properly-sized clothing cut to skim over their lumps and bumps would actually make them look thinner and more put together.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14

I saw an old episode from maybe season 4 or 5 today, and during their couch time, Meri was making fun of Christine by joking that leggings weren't pants while Christine smiled sweetly and said, "You ought to try them some time." So clearly that's a boundary that no longer exists for Meri.

• LOL 15

Does it drive anyone else nuts the way she and Kody talk? I'm not talking about mill and dill and fill, but the way they pronounce their "L"s. Every time they pronounce something with an L, they stick the tip of their tongues way out of their mouths. There's an episode in LV where he's putting the lights up and he shouts to the heavens "WHERE IS ALL MY HELP?!" and on "help" you can see the tip of his tongue poking out of his mouth. Meri does it too and it drives me nuts. I've never seen anyone else do it, and none of the others seem to do it. I'm pretty sure I can talk to other people without seeing their tongues all the time. Why does this bother me so much?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

85ECCCB1-AE31-49D4-9104-7164B3079D9D.jpeg

5EADFBF1-54F7-4F16-AD3E-0B989B68DA4E.jpeg

"Irish scone baking kit from a family recipe" = Some shit flour, baking soda, and baking power they tossed into a bag and affixed a sticker to, prepared in their hairnet-free and glove-free kitchen. 

Tea curated by Mariah = Mariah threw a handful of mixed loose herbs into bags, again without use of a hairnet or gloves.  

A set of hot pads handmade by Bonnie = About 15 minutes each to crochet these and using yarn hoarded for decades due to the notation that "color-ways will vary in shades of green."

Shamrock ramekin by Temptations = These sell for $34.47 for FOUR on QVC so about $8.50 each.  

Home decor by Audrey = Created Curated by Audrey from the closest Dollar General.  

Wow, $50 is a bargain for about $14 worth of shit stuff (and that's an extremely generous estimate on my part).  

Well, at least she didn't toss in any of those stale Rice Krispy bars she's always trying to unload.  

Yeah, Meri, let me run and get my debit card so I don't miss out on this gem 🙄

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 23
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Who is "Sarah"? One of the ancestral ghosts at Lizzie's?

By "color-ways" does she mean "color-wise"?

Most likely, it's rilly hard to get the words right, ua know?

• LOL 7

Who is "Sarah"? One of the ancestral ghosts at Lizzie's?

Sarah is Meri's hallowed greattt-greattt grandmother, the mother-in-law of hallowed greattt grandmother Lizzie. 

Meri's obsession with the crafty bullshittt in her loser bed and breakfasttt sets my teeth on edge.

Over-the-top cutesy shittt is so far removed from who and whattt she is thattt itt drives me up the wall.

Thattt, and the way she pronounces words thattt end with t. 

Edited by suomi
Correction: mother-in-law not mother
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2021 at 7:42 AM, ginger90 said:

Sorry for the closeups, and the fact they are blurry. These are the lashes people actually asked her about? Perhaps so they can avoid them?

6D59F6F7-D5A4-40C7-9035-DE83030385B2.jpeg

01CBC5DB-69C0-4E51-BEB1-BF59FE87DB8E.jpeg

Ok. The top picture? She looks cuckoo for coco puffs CRAYZAY! She looks cross eyed.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Ok. The top picture? She looks cuckoo for coco puffs CRAYZAY! She looks cross eyed.  

Meri is trying way too hard in the most wrong ways. That harsh black color ages her—when you’re older, lighten the color (brown) and go lighter with it. Her LuLaNo clothes age her, too. They look flimsy, poorly constructed and many of her tops cling to her large, shapeless physique. 

LuLa clothes are ugly. Just ugly. I’ve said it before but it’s as if the designers hate women. And Meri sells this hideous crap to other women. Just, uck. You can spot that ill-fitting junk a mile away. 

Meri might look better if she wore clothes that suited her and backed off on the black eye globs. She’s NEVER been good at clothes or make-up (I’d feel sorry for her if I didn’t dislike her so much). Each episode it gives me snark material, though: Meri clomping around in bad clothes with her annoying, grating voice. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

B4301693-207D-4226-8A79-674EEBC84E1B.jpeg

Either the old adage about "there's a sucker born every minute" is true, or this is a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency.  They must be getting worried about not selling out and what they will do with the packets of 4 scone mix and 2 cup tea pouches curated by Mariah.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Who's the audience for this?  Is there a large population of tea-drinking, scone bakers whose kitchens are so bare they hold neither potholders nor word art?  Is there some underground community of die-hard Mariah and Bonnie wannabes or cosplayers?  

Notice that none of the personalized items are from Meri.  Her walls are still up.  And, Sarah is completely irrelevant.  Also, it's a monthly box of seasonal specialties.  But, this seems to be the first and only month it's been offered, and she's not offering an annual subscription.  That's a sad performance from a professional grifter.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Who's the audience for this? 

https://religionnews.com/2017/06/20/10-reasons-mormons-dominate-multi-level-marketing-companies/

10 reasons Mormons dominate multi-level marketing companies

Utah leads the nation in multi-level marketing companies per capita, and many Mormons are heavily involved in MLM culture.

Guess you can take the Plyg's out of the Mormons, but you can't take the MLM's out of the Plyg's.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Either the old adage about "there's a sucker born every minute" is true, or this is a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency.  They must be getting worried about not selling out and what they will do with the packets of 4 scone mix and 2 cup tea pouches curated by Mariah.

I've an idea for the packets! Gifts for the wedding party! Groomsmaids? Bridesmen? 

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I've an idea for the packets! Gifts for the wedding party! Groomsmaids? Bridesmen? 

Or send them out early to the invited guests so they could bring DIY lunch.  Scones and a thermos of iced tea.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

So--she just stocked up on Temptations from QVC to resell?  My experience with that brand is not good.  It chips and cracks very easily ( see Janelle's dishes).  At least she is making a good profit on them, I guess.  Since I really don't care for the color green, I have an excuse to pass on this offer.  It always amazes me when I see who the "sheep" will follow.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Is there a reason that Meri only had one child?

She had a hard time getting pregnant and also had at least one miscarriage.  Another possibility is that none of the other Mormon spirit babies out there in the universe chose her for a mother.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Since I really don't care for the color green, I have an excuse to pass on this offer.  

I like a couple shades of green but detest many of them, so I would never buy something sight unseen and let someone else choose the shade. Meri/Bonnie probably buy yarn that is deeply discounted because nobody likes the colours.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6