Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

“LoveWhoIAm”: 

No, you don’t. Obvious skinny filter on this one, Meri because you also made the window “skinny”. If you love yourself so damn much as you constantly profess, STOP IT. If you wanna be thin, stop eating so much. 

Meri is fake AF. 

Ugh. 

For some reason that "LivingMyWhy" she uses on every fucking post just bugs the hell out of me.  

I mean, all of her stupid hash tags bug the shit out of me, but that one really grates.  

I hope she was left with an attic chock full of those stupid shamrock ramekins.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

What really dazzles me is the wives inablility to be direct with Kody.  When Meri appeared to be still waffling on using IVF to conceive after 4 years of thinkin' it over, Kody suggested "let's sit on no, for now". Meri then ran to Robyn wailing, "I was going to say yes".  Why did Meri not start the conversation with something like...I've given this a lot of thought, and I want to proceed with IVF.

It seemed to me that Meri was trying to maneuver Kody into insisting that they procreate, given that she had done such an outstanding job with Mariah. /s  Nice try Meri, but it backfired.  If after 20+ years of marriage, she couldn't speak up on what she wanted, it's all on her.

Having a child naturally or by IVF in the hopes of drawing your quarter husband closer to you is sad.  And even worse for the child when it doesn't work.  Kootie was clearly fine with sitting on it until Meri hit menopause.  Kootie already had 17 kids that he couldn't support financially or with his time.  Then Areolabela was on her way.

• Love 9

When the show started Meri seemed at peace with the reality of only having 1 child. At that point Mariah was older and they had routine established, just the two of them.  I'm guessing her questioning about if she should have tried harder to have more kids came from being surrounded by other women who kept having babies with Kody, and feeling left out or inferior once Kody acknowledge he didn't see her as a source of more babies.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

When the show started Meri seemed at peace with the reality of only having 1 child

I think she probably did a lot of pretending that she was okay with only one child.  Also it would be bad form to lament having only one child as it would make that one child feel inadequate.   In fact, based on Mariah's claim that she prayed nightly for years that Meri would have another child makes it seems like Meri was always miserable about just having one.  And I also seeing Mariah feeling odd because she had no full siblings. Meri and Kody seemed genuinely to mourn the loss of the pregnancy when she was 37ish.   It wouldn't surprise me to learn that at least one other wive miscarried as it is fairly common.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that at least one other wive miscarried as it is fairly common.

Apparently Christine had a pretty traumatic miscarriage a year before having Truely.

14 minutes ago, Twopper said:

In fact, based on Mariah's claim that she prayed nightly for years that Meri would have another child makes it seems like Meri was always miserable about just having one.  And I also seeing Mariah feeling odd because she had no full siblings. Meri and Kody seemed genuinely to mourn the loss of the pregnancy when she was 37ish.   

Meri was 39 when the show started so that would mean her miscarriage was about two years before the show??

Edited to add: I googled it and Meri says Mariah was 12 when she had her miscarriage, so that makes it 2007.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Apparently Christine had a pretty traumatic miscarriage a year before having Truely.

Meri was 39 when the show started so that would mean her miscarriage was about two years before the show??

Edited to add: I googled it and Meri says Mariah was 12 when she had her miscarriage, so that makes it 2007.

Meri has lamented "the little boy" she lost to miscarriage.  Accounts that I have read, said that she miscarried before 3 months gestation.  Even today, 15 years on, 14 week ultrasounds to determine gender are not reliable, most doctors schedule ultrasounds at 16-18 weeks for that reason.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

And I also seeing Mariah feeling odd because she had no full siblings. 

Mariah pushed Meri to accept Robyn's surrogacy offer, accusing Meri of depriving their (Kody, Meri & Mariah's) family otherwise.  In  -engagement couch interview, Mariah and Audrey said that they wanted two children, because Mariah was an only child.  There was no follow-up question or answer on all the bonus siblings. 

I lean toward a theory I read here: Robyn was pushing Meri to have a child for Robyn's desire to have her own sister-wife experience of raising children together and living in one big house.  

5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

When Meri appeared to be still waffling on using IVF to conceive after 4 years of thinkin' it over, Kody suggested "let's sit on no, for now."

Meri was considering Robyn's surrogacy.  On their couch interview, Janelle, Christine and Robyn were discussing IVF.  That discussion, with Kody's decision of no, suggested that he knew that Robyn was already pregnant.  He told Meri that he'd welcome the child if she conceived naturally, but his gut decision was no.

Throughout the series, he continues to threaten the sister wives with his desire & ability to have more children to keep the wives in competition or off-base.  He did so at the Dargers most recently.  

Edited by Grifter Lives
so many typos
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri has lamented "the little boy" she lost to miscarriage.  Accounts that I have read, said that she miscarried before 3 months gestation.  Even today, 15 years on, 14 week ultrasounds to determine gender are not reliable, most doctors schedule ultrasounds at 16-18 weeks for that reason.

She says in the interview that she went in at 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat and there was no heartbeat.  They would have had to test the fetus to see if it was male or female, which she doesn't say if they did or not. 

Here is the interview:  https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/sister-wives-star-meri-brown-speaks-out-two-words-about-miscarriage/

------------------------

Brown and her husband had first publicly opened up about their devastating loss on a 2012 episode of their TLC series, revealing that they had learned of the miscarriage when she was about 10 weeks pregnant.

“I completely assumed that after I had [my daughter] Mariah, it would be very easy for me to conceive again,” Brown said. “And that just didn’t happen. So after years of a rollercoaster, we had finally backed off. Mariah was about 12, and, you know, I thought, ‘She’s old enough. I don’t need to worry about having any other kids. I’ve got these other kids.’ I had again got to a point where I was OK not having any kids.”

“And I was late again,” she continued. ““And decided to take another pregnancy test and it was positive again. We had an appointment at the doctor to hear the heartbeat. And I was at about 10 weeks. And we were so excited. And we went in and they couldn’t hear the heartbeat.”

According to Kody, “the doctor just said, ‘This is not a viable pregnancy,’” the news of which sent the couple “back to a dark place.”

“I was so frustrated and so angry,” Brown confessed. “I didn’t understand why, after another 12 years of trying, and then, it was just taken away from us. I didn’t understand that. It was really hard.”

Although not a topic she regularly discusses, prior to her Monday post, Brown had last discussed the miscarriage in a Sept. 2017 Instagram message.

“The joy I felt when I found out he was coming was beyond amazing,” she wrote at the time. “The pain I felt when I realized that dream wouldn’t become a reality was an almost unbearable grief. Passing years ease the pain, but will never diminish the memories and the love. Septembers come and go, and each year I wonder what he would have looked like, who he would have been, and what would have been in his future.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

It's kinda frustrating that it isn't really about having another baby for Meri, but about having a BOY.  She says to Robyn at 36:47 in the video "I always saw me having a boy" when she's looking at 1 year old Sol.  Although if she had gone through with IVF she could probably have chosen a boy embryo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

The "tape" used on those pictures looks like used, dirty band-aids. Just what you want to see next to food.

And I'm certainly not going to zoom in to look for dog hair, head hair and pit hair.

• LOL 5
On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, Sandy W said:

Looks like Meri inherited his lack of eyebrows too, that may be why she felt compelled to draw on those golden arches, although she has modified them lately.

Golden arches. Lol.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

OMG!!!! Season 13 brows! Season 13 brows! I re-watched so you don't have to. I'll be calling Nancy for therapy.

meri brows.jpg

But I have so many questions. How does this even happen? Is it microblading gone awry? Is this talking head from when she and Janelle did their brows in Hawaii? Did she look in the mirror and think, "Yeahhh....that's the stuff!"?  I find the brows so, so, so baffling. 

• LOL 10
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Why does her face look so....muddy? A case of bronzer gone bad?

It goes even deeper than what she plasters on the surface, compare this to the doctored selfies she posts.  It's as if every muscle in her face has now collapsed.

Remember when your mother told you...If you keep making those faces.....

• LOL 8

Watching the early seasons and I found out that demanding the 5 bedroom house so as to have the wet bar wasn’t the first time for Meri. Apparently there was a rental house near Robyn, Christine and Janelle’s homes but it was too small so she had to get the big, expensive rental a mile away.  And Janelle said they really were broke and it would have helped if she took the small house.  But Meri was “sorry she took something that Janelle thought was hers.”  Ugh these people are disgusting.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 12
On 3/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, Sandy W said:

It goes even deeper than what she plasters on the surface, compare this to the doctored selfies she posts.  It's as if every muscle in her face has now collapsed.

Remember when your mother told you...If you keep making those faces.....

Yeah. Then Meri has to retouch her online photos—what she shares doesn’t even resemble her actual face (meri must have learned that from her catfish experience 🤔). 

Everything about this woman bothers me. She’s so ugly on the inside that it leaks out, making her ugly on the outside. 

• Love 9
On 3/18/2021 at 6:53 PM, smarty2020 said:

It's kinda frustrating that it isn't really about having another baby for Meri, but about having a BOY.  She says to Robyn at 36:47 in the video "I always saw me having a boy" when she's looking at 1 year old Sol.  Although if she had gone through with IVF she could probably have chosen a boy embryo.

She would want a boy because Kody seemed at the time more interested in his male offspring.   She knows a girl could not compete with Sol for Kody's attention. 

• Love 5

Meri calls people haters when she doesn’t want to acknowledge truth in what they say. I’m sure she gets some nasty messages, but does she know the difference?

I detest the misuse of the word “hater”.

• Love 15

Those are fleurs-de-lis, French for "lily flowers", the former royal arms of France and currently found on the provincial flag of Quebec, known as the Fleurdelisé. Either she has French or Quebec heritage that she hasn't told us about or she is a white supremacist. In the US the symbol is common in New Orleans, but has now been deemed offensive as it represents the French colonization of the Americas, particularly present day Louisiana. The black code was a set of regulations adopted in Louisiana in 1724 from other French colonies around the world, meant to govern the state's slave population. Those rules included branding slaves with the fleur de lis as punishment for running away.

You'd think woke Mariah would have told Meri to stop branding her SM with slave brands, since some consider it as offensive as the swastika or confederate flag.  They are not bananas or dildos or whatever Meri may think they are.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

I'm pretty woke myself, as is one of my closest friends who is a native Louisianan, and this is the first I'm hearing about the fleur de lis as a hate symbol. Like, I don't doubt anything about the sordid history of French occupation of the Americas, but the symbol itself, that's a new one to me.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Those are fleurs-de-lis, French for "lily flowers", the former royal arms of France and currently found on the provincial flag of Quebec, known as the Fleurdelisé. Either she has French or Quebec heritage that she hasn't told us about or she is a white supremacist. In the US the symbol is common in New Orleans, but has now been deemed offensive as it represents the French colonization of the Americas, particularly present day Louisiana. The black code was a set of regulations adopted in Louisiana in 1724 from other French colonies around the world, meant to govern the state's slave population. Those rules included branding slaves with the fleur de lis as punishment for running away.

You'd think woke Mariah would have told Meri to stop branding her SM with slave brands, since some consider it as offensive as the swastika or confederate flag.  They are not bananas or dildos or whatever Meri may think they are.

Robyn has a sculpture of one in her living room on a table. 

• Useful 1

It wouldn't surprise me one whit if none of them were Cajun, Louisianan or French at all, but decided to co-opt Cajun culture the way Kody decided he was a surfer dude despite living in :checks notes: the middle of the fucking desert.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That camo top Meri has worn several times, is ugly as shit.  And is she looking pasty in her talking heads?  

The sun is much less intense in Flagstaff, so the UV rays have much less time to mingle with her spray tan and create the copper color she seems to love so much. Also, my guess is tanning parlors were closed.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That camo top Meri has worn several times, is ugly as shit.  And is she looking pasty in her talking heads?  

Meri's worn that jacket in all her talking heads and in a few episodes.  She may have taped the whole season of couch interviews in one session.  She also wore an unflattering camouflage t-shirt when they return to Prairie Dog Plague Pond.  

Christine wears that ugly floral duster in all her talking heads and a few scenes.  Robyn is the only one who changes tops - between a loud, ugly floral print and a not-so-modest-is-hottest, peek-a-boo blouse with a small floral pattern.  For as ugly as Meri's camo is, it's closer to stylish than the floral prints. 

I'm nearly certain that Meri and Christine are wearing LulaNo, and at least Meri will sell hers as seen on TV.

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Robyn has a sculpture of one in her living room on a table. 

Lilies are symbols of purity too.  Robyn's probably signifies her getting her cookie back before she married Kootie.  And a reminder to her kids to keep their cookies to themselves.  Meri uses 3 fleurs-de-lis in her SM signatures because she thinks she is 3X purer than Robyn (or needs 3X the bananas).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
On 3/22/2021 at 3:36 PM, ginger90 said:

AAC469E0-6B0D-492A-99C8-8CC4FDEF6B98.jpeg

ACF36219-E7A9-42EB-8DBA-6FCE8CC82CC6.jpeg

D2DD6ECF-0E31-49AF-80BA-D041F4A77639.jpeg

45229230-767B-46C4-B5D0-C5DDED9A3BC3.jpeg

FFS. All bullshit, as indicated by the skinny filters she used to show how much she values herself.

Also, Meri? Strong women don’t keep fucking announcing it. Ones that have something to compensate for do. 

• Love 19
51 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

FFS. All bullshit, as indicated by the skinny filters she used to show how much she values herself.

Also, Meri? Strong women don’t keep fucking announcing it. Ones that have something to compensate for do. 

Another riddle from #StrongWoman.  She is obviously talking about her decision to remain in a loveless relationship.  If she is not motivated by money, religion, or feelings, just what is keeping her there?  I was thinking it may be a stubborn refusal to admit defeat, but that would fall into the "feelings" category.

That tantalizing vixen likes to keep her followers on their toes for her next strategic move.🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Another riddle from #StrongWoman.  She is obviously talking about her decision to remain in a loveless relationship.  If she is not motivated by money, religion, or feelings, just what is keeping her there?  .🙄

Fear of being left out.  Having to watch Sister Wives on tv and see her daughter interacting with everyone and knowing she's no longer a part of it, even if just for big occasions and holidays.  If I were her that would be my reason for staying.  Well, that and the money!!  Mostly the money....

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Fear of being left out.  Having to watch Sister Wives on tv and see her daughter interacting with everyone and knowing she's no longer a part of it, even if just for big occasions and holidays.  If I were her that would be my reason for staying.  Well, that and the money!!  Mostly the money....

That may be an underlying factor but wouldn't "fear" fall under the umbrella of feelings, along with resentment, jealousy and isolation?

• Love 6

Not American but I assume that working on the show counts toward future social security payments. That could be her rationale for remaining. But maybe I’m giving her too much credit for forward thinking. None of them appear to think long term toward anything.

• Love 6
On 3/22/2021 at 4:53 PM, ginger90 said:

Meri calls people haters when she doesn’t want to acknowledge truth in what they say. I’m sure she gets some nasty messages, but does she know the difference?

I detest the misuse of the word “hater”.

This. 
Meri says we all have our own truth. Can truth be truth if it is malleable and changeable and adaptable to our personal feelings? Someone has to be wrong sometimes in the face of truth - and this time it’s Meri.

• Love 6

What is Meri wearing on her feet in her #strongwomanblahblahblah photo?  At first glance it looks like those thick white socks with the gray reinforced toe...if those are shoes, I don't get it.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What is Meri wearing on her feet in her #strongwomanblahblahblah photo?  At first glance it looks like those thick white socks with the gray reinforced toe...if those are shoes, I don't get it.

Looks like #strongwomanblahblahblah put her socks on over her clodhoppers.  I doubt it will become a fashion trend, Meri.  It looks stupid.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
51 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My guess is they are a grey suede Herman Munster bootie...

• LOL 8
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Meri says this: "That I know I'm a strong and capable woman, capable of making her own decisions, not based on money, not based on religion, not based on feelings. That I'm not a quitter."

So, what is she making decisions based on if not any of those things? Just more MeriMumble. It should read: "Lookit meeeeeee I'm so STRONG! I know my worth so much I have to keep reminding everyone how much I know how much I'm worth." 

I still think she's trying to impress Kody somehow, as if she's trying to show she doesn't care what he thinks when in reality, she does care. These are desperate pleas for attention, yet she's not getting attention from the person she most wants it from because he can't stand the sight of her. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri says this: "That I know I'm a strong and capable woman, capable of making her own decisions, not based on money, not based on religion, not based on feelings. That I'm not a quitter."

So, what is she making decisions based on if not any of those things? Just more MeriMumble. It should read: "Lookit meeeeeee I'm so STRONG! I know my worth so much I have to keep reminding everyone how much I know how much I'm worth." 

I still think she's trying to impress Kody somehow, as if she's trying to show she doesn't care what he thinks when in reality, she does care. These are desperate pleas for attention, yet she's not getting attention from the person she most wants it from because he can't stand the sight of her. 

I think you are on to something there TurtlePower, she may be trying to show that she is the antithesis of Christine and Robyn and is not "needy", Janelle doesn't fit into the equation as Meri never considered her competition.

Just suppose, by some wild stretch of the imagination that Kody was suddenly thunderstruck and realized Meri's self-proclaimed worth.  The very, very, best she could ever hope for would be 50% of Kody's time and affection, if that's enough for her so be it.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think you are on to something there TurtlePower, she may be trying to show that she is the antithesis of Christine and Robyn and is not "needy", Janelle doesn't fit into the equation as Meri never considered her competition.

Just suppose, by some wild stretch of the imagination that Kody was suddenly thunderstruck and realized Meri's self-proclaimed worth.  The very, very, best she could ever hope for would be 50% of Kody's time and affection, if that's enough for her so be it.

Kootie is so done with Meri that he can't even see her in his rearview mirror.  Meri's hanging all over Robyn's young children looks so desperate that it's gotten too awkward to even watch those particular scenes.  

While Meri's still youngish she should leave on a high note while she still can, not after the show's canceled and she sees Robyn's true colors come out. Unless Robyn can get money from old Mer I doubt she'll have much to do with her after the show ends.

Move on, Meri, for Pete's sake.

• Love 11