Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Normades said:

Doesn't everyone make decisions based on income?  I mean, if I didn't I'd be driving a Maserati instead of a Mazda.  Meri's so stupid. 

Not the Browns. They are all stupid & that's why they've had 3 bankruptcies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Not the Browns. They are all stupid & that's why they've had 3 bankruptcies.

This can't be emphasized enough: They are all stupid.  

Meri says that she makes no decisions based on quote-unquote income.  (What are the quotes for?)  That's why we've been punished with season after season watching them fret over various mortgage approvals and delay building on Prairie Dog Plague Flats.  Once lenders become involved, the Browns' income is the entire basis for the decision.

Yet, the Browns, in their full brilliance, conclude that it's not fair that Meri couldn't move into the Las Vegas home before Christmas (Mariah), and divine intervention will result in an appropriate rental (Robyn).

Back to Meri's stupidity: She concludes, "I appreciate your encouragement."  The person was encouraging her to leave Kody and find a man who loves her.  If Kody loved her or she loved him, or if her decision to stay were not based on income, why would Meri appreciate the encouragement to break free, even from a person who  doesn't know her or her situation?  She's just #LivingHerWhy. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Meri, whoever wrote that was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren’t entirely pathetic. They were apparently wrong. Even if Kody took you back tomorrow, you will always be the sad woman who had to grovel to get Kody Brown back, and he will still be the asshole that wanted you to grovel for his scraps of attention. 

Right?! This person had a VERY generous reading of Meri. If she’s sticking around and it has *nothing* to do with money, that’s a lot worse. 

“Excuse me, how dare you think I need money! What I NEED is to grovel and publicly humiliate myself for a polygamous marriage that’s been dead for the better part of a decade.”

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 4/14/2021 at 2:05 AM, monagatuna said:

Where do you find them? I only just started watching the show and I'm seeing oft-mentioned issues such as Kody trying to "cure" scoliosis with some kind of magic water, and ignoring Truely while she nearly died, but all that has been scrubbed from on-demand episodes. I'm past the part where the catfish was supposed to have happened and there's nothing salacious in any of the episodes.

Here are the voicemails. http://www.notbatmanyet.com/voicemails/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2021 at 1:05 AM, monagatuna said:

I only just started watching the show and I'm seeing oft-mentioned issues such as Kody trying to "cure" scoliosis with some kind of magic water, and ignoring Truely while she nearly died,

I am not sure what season has the episodes with Truely being so sick.   In the original, Kody tells Aspen to get LIV water from the fridge and give it to Truely.  This scene was removed and the episode re-edited so that Christine seems to be a nearly negligent mother.  From what I have read in this forum, LIV water is a product in one of the mLms that is popular with Mormons.

I just looked on wikipedia, and that should be season 5 ep 16

Kody wanted Ysabel to cure her scoliosis herself by wearing some type of contraption made mostly with pipes.  She was supposed to wear it and do exercises four times a day for 20 minutes.   It looked like it may have taken several minutes to put it on or take it off in addition to the time wearing it so she would have spent at least 90 minutes a day fooling with it.  At one point she mentioned that she had to give up a social life because all she had time for was the exercises, school and homework.  She also seemed guilty that she didn't always do the exercises so she blamed herself when her curve advanced and felt she was disappointing Kody.   Her visits to the various scoliosis doctors are scattered throughout season 13.  They also send her off for a week to a boot camp to help her align her spine better, and she is excited because it supposedly is reduced from 42-35, but the improvement doesn't last.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

So Meri only talks to her sisters, not Janelle's ex?

I think it was Janelle's ex that helped Meri get the mortgage on Parowan.  There was some paper signing happened in a kitchen as I recall, and one of the commenters mentioned that it was Janelle's ex.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think it was Janelle's ex that helped Meri get the mortgage on Parowan.  There was some paper signing happened in a kitchen as I recall, and one of the commenters mentioned that it was Janelle's ex.

I thought Meri said the guy helping her get creative financing was her cousin, but I do think Bonnie's stuff was stored in her brother's garage and we caught a glimpse of him too when they loaded up the moving van.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
On 4/16/2021 at 7:20 AM, ErikaAlyson said:

I agree with a few other posters that Kody was expecting Meri to pursue him just like she did Sam lol. Maybe Meri should treat Kody like how Janelle does or used to. Like fangirl him in private haha. Kody seems like one of those people who needs validation. Even if he says their over I'm sure he just loves her attention and wanting him. Meri should do it in private lol but Robyn is always around. If that didn't work or doesn't work then I think Meri should look into buying a young guy like Andrienne Maloof lol. Meri has a huge house and tons of money. She could have a cute young boy toy in no time like Carol from RhoNY haha.

I bet Meri spends all her money on Mar and Aud. There is no $ left over for a young boytoy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

WOW. Leave it to our Meri to say she doesn't want to return to Utah because they kicked her out and she does not want to "grace them" with her presence.

Classic narcissist to think she's punishing a whole state by not moving back there. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

WOW. Leave it to our Meri to say she doesn't want to return to Utah because they kicked her out and she does not want to "grace them" with her presence.

Classic narcissist to think she's punishing a whole state by not moving back there. 🙄

Meanwhile, she owns Lizzie’s Heritage Inn, IN Utah. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Hypocritical BS, another attempt to win "Brownie" points with her former Loverman.  In the same vein as telling Christine "you don't get to quit" when she was prepared to do so herself simply because she was no longer HBIC.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meanwhile, she owns Lizzie’s Heritage Inn, IN Utah. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yep. When people wonder why I dislike Meri so much, THIS is one of those reasons. She's fake AF. 

Edited to Add: Meri has been so untruthful and hypocritical for so many years, even if she did present her “real” self I don’t know if anyone would believe it. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 4/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, Tuxcat said:

I always find it strange when these "reality stars" respond to questions and concerns with "you don't know me or my situation." Because the premise of reality television is that we, the audience, are supposed to know the situation. Thats what the show is for.  For them to argue that we don't, invalidates their entire show. 

Now of course I know that reality tv is largely contrived - but for them to use "you don't know my situation" as a defense is honestly maddening. Kody on twitter has been so mad this season at people who comment on his relationships. He has the same come back "you don't know - none of your business."  Okay, then is he admitting the show is fake?

This is one thing that I have always wondered about reality tv characters.  They put themselves out there as iF it’s true to life. So, we should be able to rely on believing they are who they portray.  And to me, if they are NOT that way, then it’s on them, because they are the ones putting it out there.  The Kardasians used to defend Scott D, saying that he wasn’t a raging alcoholic, but that’s what he portrayed on their show.  If you are willing to portray yourself that way, that is who you are.  It’s reality, not a fictional character in a movie.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 17
On 4/18/2021 at 9:57 AM, iwantcookies said:

I bet Meri spends all her money on Mar and Aud. There is no $ left over for a young boytoy.

Yep. Pretty sure there isn’t enough money in her bank account to lure any real man into her life. Between the grating, whiny voice and chunky linebacker physique (all dressed in LuLa no), they wouldn’t be able to disguise their revulsion. 

Meri is awful at flirting and sensuality. I actually listened to her voicemails to “Sam” and they reek of neediness and, that voice. Ugh. The photos are painfully awkward and not sexy, either. 

Maybe Meri will find someone someday but not until she sheds her fake persona. Saying she hates Utah yet she runs an inn there. Airbrushing her online photos so the look nothing like her in real life. “Strong Woman” this, independent that. She keeps trying to cover for what she really is—an insecure bully. 

Meri Brown, in her own way, engages in catfish-like behavior. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13

How many BFF does one have in a lifetime?  Does she even understand the meaning of the abbreviation?  The first word is "best" and the the last is "forever".  These BFF are dropped from Meri's circle with regularity. 

The first I was aware of was the musician from VanLadyLove, then there was Eliza Furr, the Celine Dion impersonator, then Blair Michaels and now her new BFF that she does the Friday night chats with.  These people have been individually welcomed into her inner sanctum because they "get her" and feed her massive ego.  True BFF are not hesitant to step in and let you know if you are straying off course and that may be why the first 3 have been dropped by the wayside.  You can be Meri's BFF as long as you nod like a puppet with every pronouncement she utters, and even her LLR customers are not immune to her wrath if they dare to question her authority.

• Love 14

Even though I’m pretty up to date on the catfish situation, something puzzles me. I can understand what Meri thought she was getting (hot millionaire who was in love with her).  What did the catfisher get out of it? Is it a power thing?  Since she is still maintaining that persona there must be something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Even though I’m pretty up to date on the catfish situation, something puzzles me. I can understand what Meri thought she was getting (hot millionaire who was in love with her).  What did the catfisher get out of it? Is it a power thing?  Since she is still maintaining that persona there must be something. 

The fact the Jackie Overton was outed—you d think—would have caused her to remove the persona (and maybe start a new one). I have no idea what Jackie is getting out of the continuation of this character. 

With Meri and the others, perhaps it was a power thing (especially with Meri, a tv personality). I still can’t get over the fact that Meri fell for this after she was cautioned by Mariah and others that this person could be fake. She fell for it, hook line and sinker (pun intended). Additionally, even with the photos and voicemails out there, Meri claims it was just “friendship” and that she was 100% duped. And that’s why some of us won’t entirely let it go—she’s never been honest or vulnerable about what really happened, so people don’t trust Meri. 

I remember one of the episodes after when Meri told Kody she wasn’t going to come crawling back to him. She then went on to talk about herself and what SHE needs and the crying, the tears and anger that Kody “wouldn’t cross a burning bridge for her”.  It’s been a disaster ever since. 

Sorry to digress from the original observation. I can’t help it when Meri plays victim all the time and expects everything to go back to normal without addressing the elephant in the room. That elephant has followed them everywhere ever since. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

The fact the Jackie Overton was outed—you d think—would have caused her to remove the persona (and maybe start a new one). I have no idea what Jackie is getting out of the continuation of this character. 

With Meri and the others, perhaps it was a power thing (especially with Meri, a tv personality). I still can’t get over the fact that Meri fell for this after she was cautioned by Mariah and others that this person could be fake. She fell for it, hook line and sinker (pun intended). Additionally, even with the photos and voicemails out there, Meri claims it was just “friendship” and that she was 100% duped. And that’s why some of us won’t entirely let it go—she’s never been honest or vulnerable about what really happened, so people don’t trust Meri. 

I remember one of the episodes after when Meri told Kody she wasn’t going to come crawling back to him. She then went on to talk about herself and what SHE needs and the crying, the tears and anger that Kody “wouldn’t cross a burning bridge for her”.  It’s been a disaster ever since. 

Sorry to digress from the original observation. I can’t help it when Meri plays victim all the time and expects everything to go back to normal without addressing the elephant in the room. That elephant has followed them everywhere ever since. 

I suspect Meri saw Robyn's victim act really working for Kody and thought maybe it would work for her, too. Clearly, it hasn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Utterly superficial comment ahead.

I think she looks much better than she usually does. Her hair style frames her face nicely and her eyebrows being lighter look much better. The black top is a good contrast.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

Utterly superficial comment ahead.

I think she looks much better than she usually does. Her hair style frames her face nicely and her eyebrows being lighter look much better. The black top is a good contrast.

Meri always looks better in selfies than on film.  Could it be the magic of filters?  The saggy jowls are gone and the cleft in her chin and her philtrum have all but disappeared.  I know nothing about photography but the light and dark patches on her face indicate some adjustments have been made.

I fully agree about the hair, eyebrows and dark color but I think our "strong woman" has taken liberties with the lens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

The above is a screen shot, though, so no filtering magic, I don't think.  I also think she looks good, for her.

In that case, I guess we can attribute the improved facial contours to the magic of makeup.  Meri is now also selling Younique, another MLM and they have a $30. concealer.  The patchiness on her skin make her appear to have a case of vitiligo, so she should learn to blend better.  Also, the clumpiness of her mascara is not a good look for someone selling cosmetics.

• Useful 4
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

The above is a screen shot, though, so no filtering magic, I don't think.  I also think she looks good, for her.

One can edit and filter screenshots before one posts them, if this is a screenshot Meri took of herself. There are apps for that. 

I can’t really tell, but her chin and the dimple seem oddly light and the dimple is smoothed out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

One can edit and filter screenshots before one posts them, if this is a screenshot Meri took of herself. There are apps for that. 

I took the screenshot during the beginning of the video.  I can assure you, it’s not altered by me.

I always mention when it’s a screenshot from a video, when I post one, because sometimes the picture captured isn’t the greatest, which isn’t on purpose. So, instead of anyone thinking the person posted a photo themselves that wasn’t  the greatest, I state it’s from a video every time.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

In that case, I guess we can attribute the improved facial contours to the magic of makeup.  Meri is now also selling Younique, another MLM and they have a $30. concealer.  The patchiness on her skin make her appear to have a case of vitiligo, so she should learn to blend better.  Also, the clumpiness of her mascara is not a good look for someone selling cosmetics.

Sounds like a fallback for when the Lulunoe business goes bust.   I agree this isn't a good look for someone selling cosmetics, but she doesn't look all that great in many of the clothes she wears and  she seems to have done really well selling the lularoe stuff.   I think this is the same product line Christine was hawking, and she didn't have a good look either. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 4/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, SuzWhat said:

I’m sure it’s a power thing and an escapism/fantasy thing because she’s done it with several people. However, she also made money - she wrote two Amazon books about her debacle with Meri that seemed to sell really well. They got bad reviews but people did buy them. I believe she was arrested at some point for some other low-level scam so I think she’s just one of those people who lies and scams their way through life. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Maybe the rumor of a new beau is true, ladies.  That's why she looks so lit up.  🤔

I hope so! I want to watch Kootie get even more full or rage and bitterness! I want to watch his empty head explode like an overblown balloon.

She does look nice(nicer than usual at least) in that pic! 
Hmm...I'm thinking she may have had a lower face lift, or some sort of work done. I noticed her jowls being gone, too. In this season, she did seem a little slimmer, but I don't know if weight loss would affect the jowls? 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
snotty comment added
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I hope so! I want to watch Kootie get even more full or rage and bitterness! I want to watch his empty head explode like an overblown balloon.

Hmm...I'm thinking she may have had a lower face lift, or some sort of work done. I noticed her jowls being gone, too. In this season, she did seem a little slimmer, but I don't know if weight loss would affect the jowls? 

She hasn't been off SM long enough to have and recover from surgery.  It's pure FaceTune. 

Source: close family member just had a lower face lift. 

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She hasn't been off SM long enough to have and recover from surgery.  It's pure FaceTune. 

Source: close family member just had a lower face lift. 

Ooo thank you! I didn't think about the constantly-on-SM angle. (I also didn't know whats involved in a partial face lift.) 

I think it's strange to tune the heck out of oneself in pictures and things. It makes one look even worse when seen in person, like aging ten years in days, weeks or months. (Father Time is already having enough fun marching across my face without me making it worse.)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Weight loss often makes the jowls look worse.  

I believe it's more filters and photo shopping than anything.  

• Love 8
On 4/24/2021 at 3:46 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Maybe the rumor of a new beau is true, ladies.  That's why she looks so lit up.  🤔

Filters, mostly. She NEVER looks that good without filters. 

But, good for her if she chose to get work done. She can certainly afford it. But what bothers me most are the skinny filters. You see her recorded or photographed without them and she’s easily 220lb. Combine that with unflattering, flimsy LuLaCrap and she looks even worse. There ARE more flattering clothing choices for a woman her size. LuLaCrap only looks good on thin women. 

• Love 7

Does Meri realize that by saying she doesn't stay with Kody for the income, that she is in fact admitting that she stays because she is 1. Desperate with low self esteem, 2. Too stuck in her religious beliefs to realize that God doesn't want her to put up with this shit, or 3. Enjoying being miserable and getting off on the drama?

Saying she doesn't stay for the money doesn't cast her in a positive light.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Does Meri realize that by saying she doesn't stay with Kody for the income, that she is in fact admitting that she stays because she is 1. Desperate with low self esteem, 2. Too stuck in her religious beliefs to realize that God doesn't want her to put up with this shit, or 3. Enjoying being miserable and getting off on the drama?

There is also the possibility of... 4. A stubborn refusal to admit she is wrong about anything.  She may be tenaciously hanging in there in the faint hope that Kody will someday admit that she was his first and only true love.  She really misses the days when she was HBIC and the power trip she reveled in.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I think it is a mix of things, and I also think it is possible she stays on the show in part so that Mariah can get a wedding.  I also think her relationship with Kody is a lot like an abused wife with a version of Stockholm syndrome that even her outside income and apparent success with the lularags and Lizzie's inn cannot overcome.   Christine has support if she leaves as her mom, aunt, and probably several siblings have also exited plural marriage.  There is no evidence anyone would be supportive of Meri actually leaving the show and her tenuous connection to "the family."  It sounds like Janelle's ex, Meri's brother Adam, isn't religious but it may be that the rest of the siblings are.  Mariah has barely gotten over the catfishery, and I think she would really lose it if her mother would actually leave.   It just seems really complex, and the speech she made to Christine sounds like Meri is still programmed with plural marriage rules.  Christine needs to talk with her mom and aunt, because Janelle and Robyn would just give her the same line that she got from Meri.  They don't want to help each other.  And if they did, they couldn't because they  all drank too deeply of the kool-aid.

Eventually the three originals will spend less and less time with Kody and Robyn's nuclear family unit.  Savanah graduates in two years.  I think Truly won't finish high school for another six years, but I think Christine will spend more and more time in Utah.  Janelle and Christine will remain "wives with (occasional) benefits " while Meri is more like a distant cousin who pops in for funerals and weddings.    We already have seen that Janelle's children are also Christine's children, but the reverse is not the case.   It reminds me of a random poly family they visited in an earlier season where one of the children in the family they visited said something to the effect that she only considered her bio brothers and sisters to be her real siblings.  I think that is probably the feeling of many of the Brownies.  Eventually all the children will become more like cousins and the moms more like aunts and Kody will be the absent father he always was.  Some will get together for holidays or big events, but they will mostly all be scattered.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

There is also the possibility of...

I've been deep diving the Brown finances and am feeling a bit complicit it their financial abuse by watching this show. They are not Warren Jeffs level physical abuse, but in the area of the financial aspect have a lot in common. Kody Jeffs game is more mainstream. 

My number 5 reason for Meri sticking is, when this show stops they will shift debt around, file another bankruptcy that she may get some benefit out of. These people are in their 50's, with millions in debt. In the THREE previous bankruptcy's, the majority of their debt is from credit cards, not health emergencies as  kody brown would like the public to think. Meri likes "nice" things. You know she has healthy credit card balances.  Bankruptcy has always been part of their financial plans in the past.

Rebecca Kimble: "Kody Brown and his wives are from the same polygamist group I was born and cultured in. I am fifth generation fundamentalist polygamist. Sister Wives reality TV show is not reality. It is an attempt to deceive the public into accepting polygamist cults."

"Why is Kody Brown having more children, when he can’t support the ones he’s got? Is using the law to protect someone from the bills they create a lifestyle that we want to legalize in America?  How many children can one man have, without the financial obligation that sticks?  There hasn’t been an effective way to force polygamous men to support their families.  But there are laws to force YOU, the taxpayer, to do it for them.  People who create needy people as a way of living, is a polygamous lifestyle.” 

https://allaboutthetea.com/2020/02/02/kody-brown-used-food-stamps-on-sister-wives/

As with everything of late, its all about the money. Egos and insecurities, chaos and control, large brood of children to not only feed his ego, but I'm sure they found some way to use as tax deduction. All under the guise of a ghost faith.

Meri is staying for the current money and future bankruptcy debt relief.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

There is also the possibility of... 4. A stubborn refusal to admit she is wrong about anything.  She may be tenaciously hanging in there in the faint hope that Kody will someday admit that she was his first and only true love.  She really misses the days when she was HBIC and the power trip she reveled in.

My guess is she stays out of spite. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I also think her relationship with Kody is a lot like an abused wife with a version of Stockholm syndrome that even her outside income and apparent success with the lularags and Lizzie's inn cannot overcome.   Christine has support if she leaves as her mom, aunt, and probably several siblings have also exited plural marriage.  There is no evidence anyone would be supportive of Meri actually leaving the show and her tenuous connection to "the family."  It sounds like Janelle's ex, Meri's brother Adam, isn't religious but it may be that the rest of the siblings are.  Mariah has barely gotten over the catfishery, and I think she would really lose it if her mother would actually leave.   It just seems really complex, and the speech she made to Christine sounds like Meri is still programmed with plural marriage rules.  Christine needs to talk with her mom and aunt, because Janelle and Robyn would just give her the same line that she got from Meri.  They don't want to help each other.  And if they did, they couldn't because they  all drank too deeply of the kool-aid.

I think there's something to this, as well. I believe Meri doesn't trust that Mariah will have her back in this; because while Mariah be all woke and shit, that is one mean, judgmental shrew towards her mom. She'll lose any relationships that may currently tenuously exist with the other wives' kids or other wives as well. Support systems are critical, especially for someone like Meri who has been surrounded by lots of people most of her life. And if she leaves, her main support system is gone. She has friends, but how true are those friendships, and can Meri really count on them for support?

Many years ago - decades actually - I left my first husband after two years of marriage because he was a serial cheater. He was my high school and college boyfriend, his sister was my best friend, my family loved him like a son, and we had all the same friends. When I left, I didn't expose his cheating because I was worried he'd be without any support system since we shared one, and I didn't want people to take sides. And thus, I wound up without a support system because it looked like I just kicked him to the curb unreasonably. It was extremely difficult to be afloat without a support system during what was, at that time, one of the darkest times in my very young life. I recovered, of course, and created new, better relationships built on much stronger foundations. But if, at that time, I'd had any inkling I was going to be cast adrift from everyone in my life so abruptly for (I felt justifiably) leaving a bad relationship, I probably would have stayed longer until I had a clearer, safer exit strategy.

Meri knows after her catfish what it feels to be out in the cold. Sure she has supportive "fans", but those aren't real relationships. So she might as well ride that TLC gravy train and cling to any marginal support until the last possible minute, because it's hard to feel completely adrift and alone. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I think there's something to this, as well. I believe Meri doesn't trust that Mariah will have her back in this; because while Mariah be all woke and shit, that is one mean, judgmental shrew towards her mom. She'll lose any relationships that may currently tenuously exist with the other wives' kids or other wives as well. Support systems are critical, especially for someone like Meri who has been surrounded by lots of people most of her life. And if she leaves, her main support system is gone. She has friends, but how true are those friendships, and can Meri really count on them for support?

Even if Mr. Sam Catfish had turned out to be a rich, handsome sort who would ride off into the sunset with her, it would never have been allowed to work.  Mariah, who was unforgiving about the catfishery, would have been even angrier had her mother left Kody with Mr Catfish. She might have been allowed a few days or a little longer with him, but Kody would send out a polygamous posse to bring her back despite his not really wanting her anymore.  Sorta like "if she won't be with me, she won't be with you."  She would have been beat down with the same or similar arguments that she herself gave Christine. And somehow Robyn and Kody would be victims.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Did you ever read "Sam's" description of what he would be wearing at Disney so that Meri would be able to spot him in the crowd?  Bermuda length khakis with knee high socks, brogues, a short sleeve dress shirt (probably with a plastic pen pouch in the shirt pocket), a tie, all topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Typical attire for a  mega-millionaire encountering the love of his life for a first date at Disney.  No? 

That alone should have sent Meri running for the hills, but she was spared the sight of this sartorial splendor when, as luck would have it, he sent his trusted Lindsay in his place as he was busy making million dollar deals that day.

Yeah, I always forget about the “vegan, devoutly Catholic billionaire” aspect of his shtick. Three things that ALWAYS go together. 

Seriously, if I was Meri’s kid I’d partly just be pissed at her for being so f*cking dumb. I know she felt desperate, but damn - just go on Match.com and meet an accountant. You are not going to meet a vegan Catholic billionaire in your Twitter DMs (or probably ever). 

• Love 17