Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Meri did another “live” called,  Friday with friends. It’s almost an hour long. No way I’m watching that. 🤦‍♀️ I lasted 1 second, “Happy Friday night you guys!”. Nope.

E8B30843-5109-4EE4-886A-0C5C61170931.jpeg

• LOL 3

You know - the therapist in me can't help but suspect Meri is the "identified patient" serving as an outlet for family dysfunction. For years, the entire family has been allowed to project their dysfunction onto Meri and what's wrong with Meri so they can avoid their own roles in it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

You know - the therapist in me can't help but suspect Meri is the "identified patient" serving as an outlet for family dysfunction. For years, the entire family has been allowed to project their dysfunction onto Meri and what's wrong with Meri so they can avoid their own roles in it. 

True but Meri can still be an idiot. Right?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, deirdra said:

By "color-ways" does she mean "color-wise"?

Most ads like this would say 'hot pads may vary in shades of green."

When did she first advertise this?   Would I even get it in time?   not that I would order it.  

On 3/12/2021 at 12:03 AM, suomi said:

Sarah is Meri's hallowed greattt-greattt grandmother, the mother-in-law of hallowed greattt grandmother Lizzie. 

Thanks! I was really confused by that.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

She had a hard time getting pregnant and also had at least one miscarriage.  Another possibility is that none of the other Mormon spirit babies out there in the universe chose her for a mother.

I believe she went to visit one of her sisters who had IVF.  Could be it is something that runs in the family.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Chicklet said:

True but Meri can still be an idiot. Right?

Absolutely. Identified patient doesn't mean there isn't necessarily a reason someone fits that role. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe she went to visit one of her sisters who had IVF.  Could be it is something that runs in the family.  

And when ur hubby has other needs to meet, there may not be enough opportunities to conceive.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Coldplay said:

I cannot stand Bonnie. She always gives me a weird vibe.

She reminds me of someone from whom your mother would force you to take violin lessons, whose house smelled of mildew and cats.    

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I am watching an old episode called "4 lives of Kody" in which he remarks that he and Meri are soul mates, and they seem happy together.

TLC could make a whole season just by slicing contradictory story lines and not have to pay the Browns a cent.   

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

TLC could make a whole season just by slicing contradictory story lines and not have to pay the Browns a cent.   

I wish they would!  There is plenty of contradictory fodder for several seasons.  Watching some of the (minimal) bonus episodes for this season, I focused on people in the background and their subtle & not-so-subtle reaction faces and found myself laughing more than the first time I watched.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

34B5ADB9-1BBC-4FFC-B59E-1590E787EE63.jpeg

4B7FD344-7592-4E22-A891-2B26BF76E04A.jpeg

If Meri had devoted the same amount of time to cultivating a relationship with Savanah or Truely as she has with Robyn's fledglings, I'm sure that they too would have attempted to fill Meri's bottomless need for recognition and compassion.

• Love 17

Poor little Areola inherited Kody’s whole actual face. It’s quite disturbing looking at a pint sized female Kodouch - complete with bad hair. It seems she has some kind of untamed mullet happening, reminds me of the time I cut my own hair at her age 😂

I’m sure she’ll grow up into an attractive girl like most of her sisters, but those Kodouch genes are strong right now. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
27 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Poor little Areola inherited Kody’s whole actual face. It’s quite disturbing looking at a pint sized female Kodouch - complete with bad hair. It seems she has some kind of untamed mullet happening, reminds me of the time I cut my own hair at her age 😂

I’m sure she’ll grow up into an attractive girl like most of her sisters, but those Kodouch genes are strong right now. 

Looks like bonus mom Meri has little Ari all togged out in LLR.  Seems to me an unfortunate choice of pattern for a little girl, so I checked the LLR catalogue of clothes for kids.  About 90% of the little dresses seem to be cut from fabric left over from adult patterns, there are a few solid colors and one patterned with ladybugs, something a young girl might like, but it was probably cut from remnants of ladybug leggings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Pathetic Meri sucking up to Kody/Robin. Why humiliate yourself?

I think she actually loves Ari and Sol.  They seem like sweet kids.  Sometimes once you have no little ones at home anymore and you've had a break from parenting, it is nice to drop in and play "auntie".  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If Meri had devoted the same amount of time to cultivating a relationship with Savanah or Truely as she has with Robyn's fledglings, I'm sure that they too would have attempted to fill Meri's bottomless need for recognition and compassion.

2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think you are both onto something.  I have thought for a long time that Meri is seeking Kootie’s love through the children.  But Savanah looks like Janelle and Truly looks more like Christine than Kootie (IMO).  It may explain why she isn’t or hasn’t been cuddling with them.  Not to mention she’s not about to pay Janelle a visit and it would be pretty rare that she would drop in on Christine too.  BUT, look at little Areolabela and you see Kootie’s face, plain and simple. With Sol to a lesser extent.  I feel like that’s what Meri is cuddling with.  Not exactly the kids, more what they remind her of - a time when Kootie didn’t mind her affection and being close.  By being close to that little girl, she probably feels close to Kootie.  He may be completely disgusted with Meri, but she still loves him and probably has a secret wish that it was just the two of them again.  That was probably the only time in that poor beggar’s life that she was happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Somewhere in the social media thread, someone posted a picture of what Kody would look like if he were a female, and it looks exactly like a grown-up Araibleola.  Poor child...hopefully she misses the crazy eyes and pointy chin genes.

I wonder if Kody is at Robyn's when Meri drops by for some "favorite kid" time with Ari and Sol?  If so, Meri could totally be using these kids to get herself noticed in Kody's orbit.  If not, then she surely posts on social media for Kody and Robyn to see, so she can say to Kody, "see?  I LOVE your kids with Robyn!  Therefore I love Robyn and also you, Kody!  See?  I am capable of love!  Look how much your princess loves me!  Please come over and see me sometime!"  At the same time, posting stuff like this is a huge dig to Christine and Janelle, who also have girls at home that Meri wants little to nothing to do with.

I firmly believe that everything Meri posts has a subtext.  This is not just a photo of Meri and Ari, it's a message to her family.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

F8D22BD1-75F1-4324-9F91-D9DE2C6D18EE.jpeg

Someone with a very limited social circle must have written this. 

"great mom"?  Her only child didn't feel confident enough in her acceptance that her most important revelation was made in a group setting, rather than shared privately first.  This parent of one did not engage her daughter in meaningful dialogue to probe where her interests lie.

"great wife and friend"?  Ask Kody, Janelle and Christine about that one. 

• Love 11

I might be the only one that thinks this but I don't think Meri wants Kody back.  I don't think she is in love with him anymore and I highly doubt she is attracted to him.  At this time it's like she trolling him with her comments "what would you do if I kissed you" etc etc.   When she was trying to decide if she would fly to Chicago to help Mariah and Audrey move back to Flagstaff, she didn't ask Kody to go with her.  He inserted himself into the discussion saying he wouldn't drive the trailer all that way.  Rather than as an attempt to get in Kody's good graces Meri might post those pictures of Ari and Sol to refute Kody telling the world she doesn't get along with any of the kids, which isn't completely true.  She does get along with Robyn's kids.  I think Robyn encourages her kids to like Meri, and why shouldn't she?  Meri's no threat and she's very good with Sol and Ari. Dayton and Breanna seems to like her too. 

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

grown-up Araibleola.

22 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

little Areola

19 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

little Areolabela

LOLing at these variations.

Meri’s doing it a little too brown with all that sweeping, flowery effusiveness about little Arebola.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

"Adams" is a common surname of English and Scottish origin, meaning "son of Adam", and is not among the top 100 Irish surnames.  Is Lizzie's Inn really celebrating St. Patrick's Day or is Audj just working on her portfolio?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

"Adams" is a common surname of English and Scottish origin, meaning "son of Adam", and is not among the top 100 Irish surnames.  I Lizzie's Inn really celebrating St. Patrick's Day or is Audj just working on her portfolio?

It would have been more fitting if she had served haggis on Robbie Burns Day.  Guess she didn't have any twee little plaid ramekins.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

That coffee looks disgusting.  Even with creamers, it's watery.

Methinks it is tea.  Not sure what the mugs are for - coffee for people who are only pretending to be tea-drinking Irish?

Coffee has been a growing phenomenon among Irish consumers in recent years with 75% of Irish consumers stating they drink coffee, and 70% drinking more than one cup a day. 

Were Sarah or Charles the ones she thought were polygamists but weren't?  Maybe they weren't Irish either.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Were Sarah or Charles the ones she thought were polygamists but weren't?  Maybe they weren't Irish either.

She even fantasized a completely fictional account of how Charles utilized the door to the porch from the main floor bedroom. I was unclear when she was describing the use of this door for privacy reasons, to whether the lucky lady of the evening retired to that main floor bedroom and Charles sidled along the porch to enter the chamber OR was it Charles permanent room and the ladies themselves casually slipped in when it was their turn for the evening.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

She even fantasized a completely fictional account of how Charles utilized the door to the porch from the main floor bedroom. I was unclear when she was describing the use of this door for privacy reasons, to whether the lucky lady of the evening retired to that main floor bedroom and Charles sidled along the porch to enter the chamber OR was it Charles permanent room and the ladies themselves casually slipped in when it was their turn for the evening.

You mean like a brothel instead of plygville? 😉  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’d eat the fruit salad. The rest I would say no thanks.

I'm just thinking how difficult it would be to eat an egg dish out of those funky ramekins. 

Not to mention how much of a pain they'd be to wash. 

• Love 6

Meri is assuming Charles was 100% Irish.  My GGGpa was born in Ireland, before coming to Canada, but his father was English & mother Scottish, giving him 0% Irish blood.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, suomi said:

He could use some o' them magnetic caterpillar eyelashes.

Looks like Meri inherited his lack of eyebrows too, that may be why she felt compelled to draw on those golden arches, although she has modified them lately.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm just thinking how difficult it would be to eat an egg dish out of those funky ramekins

Not to mention how much of a pain they'd be to wash. 

I wonder if she ferreted those ramekins out of the $50 "seasonal boxes" that didn't sell.  

(I actually I have a set of Temptations - not this ugly pattern though - and they wash up really easily with normal use.  I have to admit I've never used a shamrock-shaped ramekin to bake an egg dish in, though, so that may be a different story.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She mentions the 1/16th this year too:

CFF87DC8-B1B4-42AC-BF10-E74B090C88B5.jpeg

AD39B4DF-5156-4C66-A869-7B769C3643E1.jpeg

“LoveWhoIAm”: 

No, you don’t. Obvious skinny filter on this one, Meri because you also made the window “skinny”. If you love yourself so damn much as you constantly profess, STOP IT. If you wanna be thin, stop eating so much. 

Meri is fake AF. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

LOLing at these variations.

Meri’s doing it a little too brown with all that sweeping, flowery effusiveness about little Arebola.

I literally don't know how to spell the child's name...I just start typing it out and hit whatever keys I can, lol.

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

And her face is so tuned you could never tell if there was any bit of familial resemblance...

Ha!  She looks ridiculous.  Pretty soon she's going to filter herself so skinny that you won't be able to see her if she turns sideways.

Who, pray tell, is eating this carefully curated Irish breakfast complete with Irish dishware, Irish tea, Irish potatoes, and Irish decor besides Meri and Bonnie?  Meri must hit every Hobby Lobby within 200 miles the day after every holiday to snap up as many 75% off decorations as she can.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

On 3/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, deirdra said:

She had a hard time getting pregnant and also had at least one miscarriage. 

I think the miscarriage was at 11 weeks.  It was 4 years before the ivf discussions so she would have been 37.  I think Meri's sister just picked up on Meri's indecisiveness and didn't encourage her.  Meri thought it probably ran in the family.  I think Meri would have been better served by talking to several women that she was not related to instead of the sister or at least in addition to the sister.

In retrospect, since I am binge-watching that season,  I think Meri made a mistake in not trying the IVF.   I think she rilly wanted Kody to tell her that they needed to do it but he never did although he was willing to spend the money for it.   A woman other than Meri might have been concerned about the costs taking away from Janelle and Christine's families' needs, but not our Meri who gets her wet bar and whose daughter goes to a more expensive private college than the others.

Meri and Kody seemed pretty content with each other in the earlier season;  I think this is where there marriage started to crack.  if the ivf had produced a child for them, I doubt she would have gone looking for someone else and been catfished.   And if she had produced a child, she might have convinced Kody not to divorce her for Robyn.  Even if it hadn't been successful, I think Kody would have been more supportive.  I got the idea he began to resent her for not trying.  And then she humiliated him by the catfishing which was made much worse for him because it was on tv.   He should be grateful that the show got more seasons, because of it.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Twopper said:

In retrospect, since I am binge-watching that season,  I think Meri made a mistake in not trying the IVF.   I think she rilly wanted Kody to tell her that they needed to do it but he never did although he was willing to spend the money for it.   

What really dazzles me is the wives inablility to be direct with Kody.  When Meri appeared to be still waffling on using IVF to conceive after 4 years of thinkin' it over, Kody suggested "let's sit on no, for now". Meri then ran to Robyn wailing, "I was going to say yes".  Why did Meri not start the conversation with something like...I've given this a lot of thought, and I want to proceed with IVF.

It seemed to me that Meri was trying to maneuver Kody into insisting that they procreate, given that she had done such an outstanding job with Mariah. /s  Nice try Meri, but it backfired.  If after 20+ years of marriage, she couldn't speak up on what she wanted, it's all on her.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If after 20+ years of marriage, she couldn't speak up on what she wanted, it's all on her.

Where would the drama be in that?  How many times have you watched a movie or a scripted tv show and screamed at the TV “JUST TELL HIM!?”  I know I have.  For example, “Harry, just tell Dumbledore what happened to you!”  See?  No hesitation, no plot device.  If that doesn’t prove to you that this is all fake and scripted, I don’t know what would.  Not that I think any of us really believe their drivel aside from some basics truths @SandyW, I’m just being rhetorical. 

• Love 3