Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yeah, that was just mean. Maybe that was her mom's favorite color.  None of anyone's business, really. 

I wore a light green suit at my mom's funeral because that's all I had and she'd have rolled over in her grave if I had gone out to buy something.  Plus the day someone dear to you  passes is not the time for a shopping trip.

I wore a lavender pantsuit to my Dad's funeral because he had always said it looked good on me, I didn't care what anyone else thought.  On the other hand, I have a very formal French friend who wanted to abide by tradition when her husband died suddenly.  She wanted black with long sleeves and this presented a problem as it was June and those dresses were out of season at that time.  She asked me to do what I could to find her a dress and I was there at opening doors of a local dress shop.  The manager of the store went to the wholesalers and found 3 to choose from and I had them at the widow's house late that afternoon, she chose one and I zoomed the other 2 back to the store before closing.  That kind of service deserves undying customer loyalty and they got it from both of us.  Funny thing was, my friend said it was the most flattering, best fitting dress she had ever owned but she would never be able to wear it again.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It is intrusive and assumptions were made about Kody clapping on his way into the funeral parlor.  He may have been simply rubbing in hand sanitizer.  There was no fanfare or photos when Janelle laid her mother to rest in December, I wonder what the attraction was for Meri's mothers funeral.  Could TLC have alerted the press as they are presently rolling out episodes and it would generate interest at this time?

Following the funeral service, the group drove together to drop the casket into the ground. 

that was from the article in the Sun.  What kind of language is that?!   When I read that to my husband, he laughed so hard he nearly choked on the cheesestraws he was eating.

I get that there was a funeral at the mortuary, and then the group drove to the cemetery where the coffin was probably lowered into the ground, although that usually takes place after the family leaves.

My quote box is a bit confused.   I tried to separate the comments, but I couldn't.   Anyway, Janelle's mother died in December when the show was not running, but Meri's mother died  not only while the season was airing but also when Kody was practically bragging about how little contact he and Meri had. 

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

27 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I wonder if Meri wore yellow as a tribute to her mother. The picture of the memorial card that Meri posted had daffodils on it, and a daffodil was lying next to the card in the picture. 

That was my first thought.   We were always taught to have something suitable for a funeral in our wardrobe.   The last funeral I went to before COVID was for a childhood friend who wanted everyone to wear bright green which we did.

Well, color me cynical but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that somebody in the family got paid.  Several of them routinely do People spreads for the $$$.  One of the kids may have tipped off the rag as to time and place and picked up some payoff.   

Probably some one did notify the press, but it would  probably have been unnecessary since Meri announced the death and there was a published obit with the location and time.

• Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 7:46 AM, ginger90 said:

Meri posted, “ She left us suddenly, unexpected, and extremely way too soon and I literally don't know how I'm going to do the rest of my life without her. “.

Bonnie apparently died in hospital in St. George (an hour from Parowan) and Meri was notified by phone.  Not sure where Meri was at the time.  I wonder if Bonnie's "30 immediate grandchildren" only include the children of Bonnie's bio-children.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Meri should be allowed to wear any fucking color she wants to her mom's funeral without having to offer an explanation for it or have a tabloid make snarky comments about it. Other people were wearing color too in the photos. But that doesn't fit the tone of the article, so it goes unmentioned. Man am I over people these days...

ETA - this is not directed at any of you - more at the tone of the article. Also ETA Kody's hair, however, is always open to snark. 

I'm with you re Kootie's ridiculous hair.  It looked pasted to his six-head, with either sweat or grease.

Yeah, that was just mean. Maybe that was her mom's favorite color.  None of anyone's business, really. 

I wore a light green suit at my mom's funeral because that's all I had and she'd have rolled over in her grave if I had gone out to buy something.  Plus the day someone dear to you  passes is not the time for a shopping trip.

I agree.  I'd bet it was Bonnie's favorite color, too.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd bet it was Bonnie's favorite color, too.

She made yellow pot-holders & lived in a yellow BnB, and like many people, Bonnie may have told Meri that she hoped people would wear cheerful colours at her funeral.  And there are yellow daffodils on her funeral program card.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I can’t even tell who is who. 

I think Mariah is on the left, and Audrey is in the stained sweater.   I wouldn't be surprised if Mariah announces she is trans.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think Mariah is on the left, and Audrey is in the stained sweater.   I wouldn't be surprised if Mariah announces she is trans.

I think she’s wearing a necklace.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think she’s wearing a necklace.

I was looking at it on my phone, but now I have looked at it on a larger screen it doesn't look like a stain. my bad, apologies to Audrey for that, but they still both look awful and Mariah probably outweighs Janelle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

At first glance, I thought Mariah was Day-un.

I don't think Kody was clapping--he might have been using hand sanitizer.

The Sun forgot to use a filter for photos of Meri~

Edited by riverblue22
more thoughts
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why does she insist on wearing tiny jackets that’s don’t fit? And she definitely makes herself thinner on her posts. Oh Meri.

The clodhoppers don't help either.

Kootie's brothers close-clipped their entire heads & looked better. Kootie should too. Seeing how grey his clipped hair, sideburns & most of his beard are, he must be dying his ramen noodlettes blond and the Fu Manchu mustache area dark reddish brown (it wasn't that dark before).  He's not fooling anyone with his Sampson complex. I keep hoping Kootie falls asleep on the couch and Sol or Areolabella test out their safety scissors on the ringlets.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Why is he wearing a boutonniere? 

59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It looks like Audrey is, also. That’s something I’ve never seen at a funeral.

Pall bearers maybe?  Maybe Sudge was an honorary one?  Otherwise I got nuthin'.  It was bizarre.

Maybe Kootie thought we was at a wedding, thus the jocularity.  He is pretty dim.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Quof said:

Why is he wearing a boutonniere? 

I was wondering that too.  My guess was they gave the pallbearers boutonnieres, which interestingly means Meri's family still likes Kody enough to given him the honor of being one.  That surprises me, given how he has been talking crap about Meri all season.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Twopper said:

Following the funeral service, the group drove together to drop the casket into the ground. 

Can someone  please help me make sense of this statement from the article.   Is this some strange Mormon custom?

The only thing I found that somewhat address this is that it is traditional for only the family to be at the grave side, but there is no mention of whether anything is done there.   All the funerals I go to have a service at a church or funeral home, then family and close friends go to the cemetery for a very brief service of burial or else the entire service is graveside.  

This just seemed like an unnecessary callous comment in a gossipy article.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Can someone  please help me make sense of this statement from the article.   Is this some strange Mormon custom?

The only thing I found that somewhat address this is that it is traditional for only the family to be at the grave side, but there is no mention of whether anything is done there.   All the funerals I go to have a service at a church or funeral home, then family and close friends go to the cemetery for a very brief service of burial or else the entire service is graveside.  

This just seemed like an unnecessary callous comment in a gossipy article.

That phrase "drop the casket" creates some interesting visuals. 😳

"Lower the casket" would have been much more dignified.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That phrase "drop the casket" creates some interesting visuals. 😳

"Lower the casket" would have been much more dignified.

Makes me think of the movie "Death at a Funeral"

A British typical dark and funny...

• Love 6
On 4/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, Twopper said:

( I have a transman in my family, and I am beginning to wonder if Mariah is going to come out as trans )

My money is on Audrey, based on what we saw of her couch interviews with Mariah last week.

• Love 1
On 4/3/2021 at 2:30 PM, Sandy W said:
On 4/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, Cetacean said:

I wore a lavender pantsuit to my Dad's funeral because he had always said it looked good on me, I didn't care what anyone else thought. 

I wore a sweater with many Pink Panther heads embroidered on it, to my dad's funeral in 2000. He loved the Pink Panther. It was uncanny how I found that sweater. I was walking down the main shopping street of the town where he died, on my way to the local funeral home, and I saw it in the window of a boutique. My father died just after midnight and this was the morning of the same day.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I know it's probably a thing in some cultures but no way in hell would I want ANY pictures from my parents' funerals. Just no.

I was actually shocked a few years ago at a friend's mother's funeral, and people were actually taking pictures of the body in the open casket. In fact, the casket was closed for the funeral, and at the end, they said, "for those of you who don't wish to view the body, we'll give you a moment to filter into the reception. Those who want to see and photograph her can stay." I filtered out as people were pulling out their cameras and phones. A lot of people didn't. I had no idea that was a thing. 

I know why Christine didn't go to the funeral but why in the everlasting crap was Robyn absent?  She has enough older kids to watch her younger kids.  For proclaiming how much she loves her sister-wives, I think it sucks that she wasn't there - plus she surely wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to put to use her sad/concerned/distressed faces that she's worked so hard on while in quarantine.

Prediction: if this sad event is covered in season 16, we will get a talking head from Sobbyn explaining that she had a headache or a bunion or a sprained pinky finger or Ariableobla had lost her binky and that's why she couldn't go, followed by many dramatic pauses and the wiping away of copious dry tears.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Prediction: if this sad event is covered in season 16, we will get a talking head from Sobbyn explaining that she had a headache or a bunion or a sprained pinky finger or Ariableobla had lost her binky and that's why she couldn't go, followed by many dramatic pauses and the wiping away of copious dry tears.

Or..."Sol is high risk, so I can't go to funerals of the mothers of lesser wives."

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

I can understand the catfish thing - she had just gone through a legal divorce, even if she still considered herself married, and yes, that must have been painful - but maybe I'm just heartless, but it gets old hearing about how bad we should feel for her at THIS point. The Browns obviously don't hold to their intense religious beliefs anymore, so I really don't believe she has some fear of hell or something if she leaves. She could leave and she won't.

I can only have so many years of understanding for someone who just refuses to improve their life. This was a year ago and we know she's STILL there. She doesn't have a need for money, she doesn't have little kids at home, she just has her obsession with proving that Kody can fall back in love with her (when it seems like he never really was in love with her, to be honest). 

Yes, Kody is a total douchebag and way more at fault, but come on!! He's literally BEGGING you to leave and you haven't had sex with your own husband in like 6 years! You have no legal ties to him! Just go!!!!

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, ReadMeLattice said:

I can understand the catfish thing - she had just gone through a legal divorce, even if she still considered herself married, and yes, that must have been painful - but maybe I'm just heartless, but it gets old hearing about how bad we should feel for her at THIS point. The Browns obviously don't hold to their intense religious beliefs anymore, so I really don't believe she has some fear of hell or something if she leaves. She could leave and she won't.

I can only have so many years of understanding for someone who just refuses to improve their life. This was a year ago and we know she's STILL there. She doesn't have a need for money, she doesn't have little kids at home, she just has her obsession with proving that Kody can fall back in love with her (when it seems like he never really was in love with her, to be honest). 

Yes, Kody is a total douchebag and way more at fault, but come on!! He's literally BEGGING you to leave and you haven't had sex with your own husband in like 6 years! You have no legal ties to him! Just go!!!!

I don't think it's her religious convictions that keep her there either.  She was prepared to jet off with "Sam", a professed Catholic, had he been the "rill dill".

There has to be a reason that she subjects herself to this public humiliation and I don't think it's solely for the financial benefits she gains in the form of TLC paychecks and the income generated for the BnB and LLR.  I think Meri is so ego driven that she simply cannot acknowledge to herself that she has loved and lost.  At this point, she probably has lost any feelings that she may have once felt for Kody, yet pitifully attempts to extract a declaration of love from him.  If in the unlikely event she achieves that, it would not surprise me to hear her say, "that's all I wanted to hear" and only then will she walk away with her head held high and her massive ego intact.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I was actually shocked a few years ago at a friend's mother's funeral, and people were actually taking pictures of the body in the open casket. In fact, the casket was closed for the funeral, and at the end, they said, "for those of you who don't wish to view the body, we'll give you a moment to filter into the reception. Those who want to see and photograph her can stay." I filtered out as people were pulling out their cameras and phones. A lot of people didn't. I had no idea that was a thing. 

Yes, this is a thing in some families. My Grandma's (Dad's stepmom's) family was one of those. I had no idea about this until a few years ago when Grandma passed away and my mother offhandedly commented that her surviving relatives would probably make my mother mail them pictures of Grandma in her casket. I was shocked, asking my mother, why the heck would they do that? She replied that whenever one of Grandma's relatives died, the survivors all took photos of the deceased in their open casket, and would even mail copies to those who couldn't attend the service. Out of politeness, and to her extreme displeasure, my mother had to view dozens of photos of Grandma's dead aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings etc, over the years, most of whom she had never met. And yes, she did have to take and mail photos of Grandma. 

• Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Thistle Howl said:

Yes, this is a thing in some families. My Grandma's (Dad's stepmom's) family was one of those. I had no idea about this until a few years ago when Grandma passed away and my mother offhandedly commented that her surviving relatives would probably make my mother mail them pictures of Grandma in her casket. I was shocked, asking my mother, why the heck would they do that? She replied that whenever one of Grandma's relatives died, the survivors all took photos of the deceased in their open casket, and would even mail copies to those who couldn't attend the service. Out of politeness, and to her extreme displeasure, my mother had to view dozens of photos of Grandma's dead aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings etc, over the years, most of whom she had never met. And yes, she did have to take and mail photos of Grandma. 

You know - I'm all for whatever brings people comfort in their time of grief. And memento mori photography was a thing. It's not my preference, but for some there is closure. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

You know - I'm all for whatever brings people comfort in their time of grief. And memento mori photography was a thing. It's not my preference, but for some there is closure. 

It may be a regional thing.  Since this has come up, I've been trying to recall the last open casket funeral I attended.  Best as I can recall, it was 50 years ago.  The largest percentage by far have been cremated and sometimes the urn is present during the service and the few times a burial of a casket is involved, it has been closed.  Almost without exception, the norm here is collages around the room of happy days and a running slide show of photos that somehow lift the spirits of those in attendance.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It may be a regional thing.  Since this has come up, I've been trying to recall the last open casket funeral I attended.  Best as I can recall, it was 50 years ago.  The largest percentage by far have been cremated and sometimes the urn is present during the service and the few times a burial of a casket is involved, it has been closed.  Almost without exception, the norm here is collages around the room of happy days and a running slide show of photos that somehow lift the spirits of those in attendance.

I guess for me, since I've been there when people have died and I've recognized and experienced that transition, I have no need to see someone's dead body because when they are gone, they are merely a shell. They are not there any longer. But maybe if it was something really sudden, seeing the body would provide closure? And yeah - it may be regional. I live in Portland, OR. I've probably been to just the one funeral where the casket was even present in the last 20 years or so, and it was only opened after people were given the opportunity to nope out (which I did). However, I seem to recall when I was younger, that having the casket there either opened or closed was much more of a thing. 

• Love 2

When Meri and Kody were in the car chatting and Meri said “I don’t treat people cruelly”: I wanted to leap off my spin bike, tie her to a couch and force her to relive all the clips and social media posts where she has been cruel. 

Meri does treat people cruelly. She’s rude to her followers. She’s rude to the family. She’s selfish. She doesn’t listen. She only sees what she wants to see, not what is actual. 

Meri cannot expect Kody to bounce back from the catfish disaster, especially after how she put her “spin” on the whole situation. I don’t know if he’s forgiven her or not, but he hasn’t forgotten. And he doesn’t have to.

Why can’t Meri see what we see? She gets hurt every time Kody brushes her off, yet she keeps trying as if the last brush-off never happened—as if some magic wand will fix it all. And she cries EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Has Meri ever taken any blame? Has she ever broken down and admitted she fucked up big time? It’s the deepest, most brutal honesty that’s the hardest because it’s raw and painful. Admitting you’re wrong is scary. But only when Meri stops blaming everyone else might she able to be trusted again. 

And if that doesn’t work, she can move on knowing she put it all out there. But we all know that won’t happen with our blame-everyone-but-herself Meri. She’ll cry, sulk and pretend it’ll be ok all while still being the selfish, snarky jerk she is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri does treat people cruelly. She’s rude to her followers.

Yes!  I watched one of her online lularoe sessions and I was shocked at how dismissive and rude she was to the people she was selling to. Sadly Meri would scold someone from the comments and then everyone else would praise her for it.  Her followers encourage her to be a bully, like they are in a club with Meri as their leader and she can do no wrong.  Very odd that adults go along with it. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

Yes!  I watched one of her online lularoe sessions and I was shocked at how dismissive and rude she was to the people she was selling to. Sadly Meri would scold someone from the comments and then everyone else would praise her for it.  Her followers encourage her to be a bully, like they are in a club with Meri as their leader and she can do no wrong.  Very odd that adults go along with it. 

Yeah, I'm absolutely not blaming her for not acting incredibly all the time, but she's chosen to stay in this lifestyle for over 30 years and MULTIPLE members of the Brown family have called her abusive. Several of her clients have complained about how rude she is to them. There's got to be something she does that is actually cruel or she wouldn't get *this* many complaints from people in her life. And again, she's had many many many chances to leave for years now. She has refused to. Of course, I personally think Kody should stop talking about his "conscience" and do the right thing for once and end the relationship, it's cowardly of him not to.

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I know it's probably a thing in some cultures but no way in hell would I want ANY pictures from my parents' funerals. Just no.

Didn't someone Meri knew high up in LuLaNo post a photo of a dead person in their coffin on SM a few years ago?  And Meri retweeted it.  That is a real NO!

Edited by deirdra
1 hour ago, lettsjetts said:

I only watched ~5 minutes of one of her online LuLaNo sessions and she was rude to a woman who liked an item but wanted it in a L or XL.  Meri only had a Medium and advised her that she'd be able to stuff herself into it or give it to a friend since it was a sale, so no returns/refunds.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

This seems crazy. I could not possibly ever imagine wanting a photograph of the dead body of a loved one. Or any person!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Yup and I have no problem bullying bullies like Meri and calling them out on their hypocrisy. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Mean girls gonna mean girl. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

I only watched ~5 minutes of one of her online LuLaNo sessions and she was rude to a woman who liked an item but wanted it in a L or XL.  Meri only had a Medium and advised her that she'd be able to stuff herself into it or give it to a friend since it was a sale, so no returns/refunds.

Hypocritical words for someone who stuff herself into her own clothes, making her look like a lumbering sausage. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Yes, and this is why my mother did it. It wasn't about her, it was about Grandma's relatives who couldn't attend her service due to age and/or health reasons wanting that piece of their loved one. My mother dreaded it because it was uncomfortable for her, but she did it. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Thistle Howl said:

Yes, and this is why my mother did it. It wasn't about her, it was about Grandma's relatives who couldn't attend her service due to age and/or health reasons wanting that piece of their loved one. My mother dreaded it because it was uncomfortable for her, but she did it. 

I can see that having a photo for people who need to see it for closure is a thing, but the undertaker could take it.  But don't send it to people unless they ask for it. And don't post it on SM.

• Love 4