Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 2/19/2021 at 9:06 PM, Joan of Argh said:

All I know is if my life was such a mess that I had to post 2, 3, 4 or more self affirming messages on a daily basis I'd recognize that maybe I need to change my life, change the people in my life and get myself out of whatever situation I'm in that's causing me to feel so unsettled, confused, perplexed and unloved.

She reminds of the Stuart Smalley character on SNL years ago.  Telling yourself & the world that you're a strong woman doesn't make you one. My strong women friends & I never even think of telling ourselves that we are strong. We show it by the ways we live and choices we make.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She reminds of the Stuart Smalley character on SNL years ago.  Telling yourself & the world that you're a strong woman doesn't make you one. My strong women friends & I never even think of telling ourselves that we are strong. We show it by the ways we live and choices we make.

Whenever I view the lives of 3 of the wives, the theme music to 🎼Lowered Expectations🎵 another SNL skit, runs through my head.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 5:15 AM, Teafortwo said:

As long as she's filtering, the least she could do would be to filter out the clumps in her false eyelashes.

in one of the pictures, the eyelashes look like woolly caterpillars.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, ginger90 said:

I feel stupider for having watched about five minutes of this on Sunday morning.  It's basically Meri and her BFF giggling about random things that the viewers would have no knowledge of.  They are laughing soooooo hard and having soooooo much fun, you guys.  YOU are not having nearly as much fun as these two!  It was like watching two 7th grade girls.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

TLDW.  Well, I started to watch, and laura kaye is right; it's rilly stupid.  One would rilly have to be on Team Meri (ugh!) to watch more than a minute of this twaddle.  WTFC?

(too long, didn't watch) (who the fuck cares?)  My acronyms for the day, heh.

I quit when she was still fiddling with the camera and wondering if she was on.  You'd think she'd get the hang of it after 10 years of SMing her most trivial thoughts.  I always test the video & audio BEFORE joining online meetings.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I quit when she was still fiddling with the camera and wondering if she was on.  You'd think she'd get the hang of it after 10 years of SMing her most trivial thoughts.  I always test the video & audio BEFORE joining online meetings.

I think this is just part of the persona she is trying to project to her loyals...'See, I'm just like you gals, technology baffles me'...., when in reality, she makes her living using that very same method of communication.

I was so distracted by her apparent dead tooth in her lower jaw as well as her infamous upper jaw brown tooth, I could barely concentrate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Janelle telling Kootie not to speed because the cops might stop him and then charge them all with polygamy was laughable.  Driving with 4 women in the car is not a crime and normal people carpool to save money.  And only Robyn's driver's license would show her living at Kootie's address.  Nobody would even know unless Kootie introduces them to the officer as "mah 4 wives".

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

This was posted on a Reddit thread, Instagramreality, 2 days ago.  Even though we know and talk about her face-tuning all the time, the contrast remains shocking.  

Capture.JPG

#Celebrate Yourself

#Strong Woman

#Love Who I Am

#Because I Can...........Photoshop

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6CA97F7D-0261-4375-95B9-9EEA0E1F5097.jpeg

31AD3273-174A-480D-86B2-9F1485D0B7F1.jpeg

AACAA90C-12EC-4098-92D0-EF9E7EF0C46F.jpeg

"I do so much better when I don't focus on me, but what happiness I can bring to someone".  Please Meri, give us an example of when you attempted to bring happiness to anyone, aside from your daughter and possibly Robyn's kids.  Definitely not to your sister wives.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

24A6E9C3-AB2C-4B32-8FA4-7A3BC275830C.jpeg

Oh please Meri, we all saw you hunker down and hide when Janelle was looking for back-up on a couch conversation you had apparently shared with her, a convenient memory lapse at the lemonade lunch.

We also noted that you claimed to have a prior out of town engagement to attend to when Maddie and Caleb travel across the country to introduce their new baby to the family.  An emotional time for all, and I would call that "showing your family that in times of chaos you retreat into distraction".

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

How can anyone be that delusional?  She posts all these word salad mishmashes, and can't see how stupid that makes her look.

Yeah, Snowflake and Robo's crotch goblins are the only 'kids' she deems worthy of her attention.  Meri will never understand herself.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

How can anyone be that delusional?  She posts all these word salad mishmashes, and can't see how stupid that makes her look.

What is bizarre is that many of them are someone else's confusing word salads that she copies and pastes as if they perfectly encapsulate her deepest thoughts.  I still have no clue what brendonburchard or meribrown think.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just realized that Monday, March 1st will mark six years since that catfish crap started going down. Six years already and they're apparently still bringing it up. 

In some ways, they should thank their lucky stars for the catfish.  If not for that, they would have probably been off the air 5 years ago, although it is now long past it's prime and is beginning to stink.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

In some ways, they should thank their lucky stars for the catfish.  If not for that, they would have probably been off the air 5 years ago, although it is now long past it's prime and is beginning to stink.

Totally. And I’ve enjoyed every minute of it when it keeps getting brought up because, apparently, there’s unfinished and undealt-with business there. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Totally. And I’ve enjoyed every minute of it when it keeps getting brought up because, apparently, there’s unfinished and undealt-with business there. 

I'm with you Turtle Power, looking for more of a documentary style program, delving into the what, where and WHY's of polygamy.  Up until now, they have attempted to bring us light hearted, fluffy, entertainment.  Were it not for the cat fish fry being leaked, we would never have heard of it from their lips.  IMO, the whole incident was the result of cause and effect but they have never delved into the root cause of why this came to pass.  The only other time they showed anything close to reality was when they reacted to Mariah coming out, and once again, they couldn't put a lid on that.

Life is not all weddings, birthings, moving, and line dancing.  There are reasons why they are drawn to and remain in this practice and their religious tenets seem flimsy and unbelievable.  This season shows promise that they may finally bring us Reality programming instead of concocting storylines for general amusement.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm with you Turtle Power, looking for more of a documentary style program, delving into the what, where and WHY's of polygamy.  Up until now, they have attempted to bring us light hearted, fluffy, entertainment.  Were it not for the cat fish fry being leaked, we would never have heard of it from their lips.  IMO, the whole incident was the result of cause and effect but they have never delved into the root cause of why this came to pass.  The only other time they showed anything close to reality was when they reacted to Mariah coming out, and once again, they couldn't put a lid on that.

Life is not all weddings, birthings, moving, and line dancing.  There are reasons why they are drawn to and remain in this practice and their religious tenets seem flimsy and unbelievable.  This season shows promise that they may finally bring us Reality programming instead of concocting storylines for general amusement.

Hopefully. I’m so tired of wedding and babies and bullshit. I fast-forward ALL that crap. Let’s cut to the crying and eye boogers instead.  This family is so fucked up right now. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right, I am almost excited for them to get nasty to each other - I mean they always have been but maybe now we get to see it.

giphy.gif

OMG!!! I had forgotten about that episode.  Two chunky monkeys demonstrating how much fun they have.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I want a Pillow Talk episode where they have Meri sit down and watch all the negative talking heads Kody has done recently about Meri (how he doesn't want a relationship with her, how he was frauded into marrying her, how she's nice to people she works with but not her family, etc etc).  She can give her reply to each of them.  THIS WOULD BE GOLD.  He talks crap about her and we never get to see her respond.  TLC should give her a chance.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I want a Pillow Talk episode where they have Meri sit down and watch all the negative talking heads Kody has done recently about Meri (how he doesn't want a relationship with her, how he was frauded into marrying her, how she's nice to people she works with but not her family, etc etc).  She can give her reply to each of them.  THIS WOULD BE GOLD.  He talks crap about her and we never get to see her respond.  TLC should give her a chance.

Same with Christine.  Then have a brave moderator finally dig into why Robyn has preferential treatment, his living situation, Ysabels surgery bill, etc.  We don’t care about Janelle.

• Love 14
On 2/27/2021 at 8:01 AM, Sandy W said:

This season shows promise that they may finally bring us Reality programming instead of concocting storylines for general amusement.

Unless TLC lets Meri slump and mumble only one or two words each episode for the rest of the season.  Even in that episode with their "therapist", where Kody was trashing her, Meri only obliquely alluded to what was bothering her.  She needs to let it all out!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

If I could create a gif it would be a picture of Kody saying over and over "Meri frauded me."

I am beginning to think they still rilly believe the plural marriage stuff, but they all want to be plurally married to someone else.  Well, at least that's true for Meri and Christine who seems to have the hots for Joe Darger. 

If they really were into plural marriage from a spiritual perspective, I think it would really matter to them that their children become polygamists. They couldn't force them, but they could certainly suggest that they think it would be best if they did. 

If they hadn't added "wife 4' and if Meri hadn't gone catfishing, this series would have died an early death.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

If they hadn't added "wife 4' and if Meri hadn't gone catfishing, this series would have died an early death.

If they hadn't added "wife 4", which caused Kody to ignore the first 3 while fawning over Robyn right in front of them, Meri may not have gone catfishing and this series would have died an early death. It would also have helped if Meri & Christine had learned to speak out when they felt abandoned by their wonderful man instead of wallowing in self-pity and only offering passive-aggressive oblique word salads that just made Kootie, the other sister wives, and viewers go "Huh?"

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

OMG!!! I had forgotten about that episode.  Two chunky monkeys demonstrating how much fun they have.

Chunky monkeys lol.... I was thinking more along the lines of Raging Rhinos! 

I think that Christine was riding high in the saddle back when Maddie gave birth to Axel and Meri wasn't included, Christine loved sitting there as one of the IN CROWD looking down her nose and telling Meri how she brings a lot of baggage and isn't really easy to be around after the catfish BS.... Then they moved to Flagstaff and I really think that Christine thought that her only problem with Kody was her weight but now she's lost the weight and it hasn't made any difference, Kody wants what he wants and it isn't Christine.... So she's gone back to being jealous of Robyn.

Kody told her years ago that she needed to be nice to Robyn if she wanted his affection so she lied about for a few years and even said that she loved Robyn and wasn't jealous anymore but that wasn't the truth... She's always been jealous of Robyn and rightfully so... the minute Robyn joined the family everything changed and Kody has never been the same because I think he felt about the same with the first 3, not in love with any of them so they were all on equal ground with him but he fell in love with Robyn and now they're nothing more than a burden that he wishes he didn't have to deal with anymore.

I thought Meri looked like a fool playing along with "peace maker" Robyn and her silly plan.... Jeeez...have some dignity.. Holding hands in between Kody and Robyn made her look like a desperate old fool.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think that Christine was riding high in the saddle back when Maddie gave birth to Axel and Meri wasn't included, Christine loved sitting there as one of the IN CROWD looking down her nose and telling Meri how she brings a lot of baggage and isn't really easy to be around after the catfish BS....

I thought Meri looked like a fool playing along with "peace maker" Robyn and her silly plan.... Jeeez...have some dignity.. Holding hands in between Kody and Robyn made her look like a desperate old fool.

Great post in its entirety!

I excerpted these two thoughts so that I could emphasize how their social development stopped in junior high school.  They're pathetic.  Meri and Kody have been married for decades, gone to marriage counseling for decades, but still can't bring up or talk about simple issues.  Yet, Robyn wrapped up the whole issue in one conversation of "Do you think he meant this?  Why did she do that?" like junior high girls on the phone and ended with everyone's holding hands.  Just a few seasons earlier, they would have been in a prayer circle, led by Kody.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think that Christine was riding high in the saddle back when Maddie gave birth to Axel and Meri wasn't included, Christine loved sitting there as one of the IN CROWD looking down her nose and telling Meri how she brings a lot of baggage and isn't really easy to be around after the catfish BS....

She still seems to have some of the "in crowd" attitude when it comes to Maddie.  After all she was the one in NC with Janelle when Maddie had the second child.  And she practically bragged how before Axel was born, Maddie came to her and asked her to be Oma or Uma or whatev.  And Robyn must  have given herself the nickname she mentioned which I promptly forgot.   I thought the first born usually comes up with the name for the grandparents and the later ones follow along with it.   At least that's how it worked in my family.

• Love 1

Meri did another one of her "Bestest Friends Friday" IG story.  It was nearly 45 minutes long.  I watched the first 15 seconds of her pretending to not know how to adjust her camera phone, then forwarded to see who the "giggle friend of the day" was - not gonna lie, was hoping for some BlairMichael action, or maybe another Sam "victim."  Sadly, no - it was the same chick from last time.  These two are having wayyyyyyy too much fun that I just cannot understand because I don't shill flammable clothing in a Ponzi scheme, so I turned it off.  Just another 13-year old attempt to make sure that everyone knows how much fun Meri is having and the rest of us aren't.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I have a question, the answer to which is probably somewhere in one of the threads but I can't find it, but did the catfishing debacle happen before or after Meri offered to divorce Kody?  

I'm curious about the timeline for this, if maybe Meri weren't offering to divorce Kody to get him out of the way for her future with "Sam", or if "Sam" appeared after the divorce from Kody.  

Thanks for any light someone can shed on this.    

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I have a question, the answer to which is probably somewhere in one of the threads but I can't find it, but did the catfishing debacle happen before or after Meri offered to divorce Kody?  

I'm curious about the timeline for this, if maybe Meri weren't offering to divorce Kody to get him out of the way for her future with "Sam", or if "Sam" appeared after the divorce from Kody.  

Thanks for any light someone can shed on this.    

Here’s an article:

https://allaboutthetea.com/2016/05/07/sister-wives-catfish-scandal-outline-of-the-online-affair-that-rocked-the-brown-family/

• Useful 4