Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I don't know what to believe about who started the Catfish affair and why.  I don't think I will believe any explanation out of Meri's mouth, though.  I'm already left scratching my head about her choice of words in the previews about "what she let into the family" and how she was trying to "protect" the family.  I don't know why but it leaves me suspicious about the origins of her relationship with this person.  Was this some sort of plot she engineered to get better ratings that backfired or was she completely blindsided by a predator?  Was she using the Catfish to get back at the family for ignoring her? Whatever it was, she was duped by someone she trusted.  Whatever tale she tells will probably not sound completely believable, IMO.  I think people will still be able to question how it could be just as she will say it is.  We will probably never know the full truth about this situation.  I have been chanting all along that we will get a whitewashed version but now I'm thinking it's Meri that will whitewash it to try to save face, not TLC.

Also, I don't think anyone in the family had much sympathy for Meri after she divorced Kody which only made her withdraw even more.  Seeing what happened after that had to be hard for her.  With such bad emotions it's entirely possible that she may have done something deliberately irresponsible to get all of them back, and now regrets it because it turned out worse for her than she expected.  So I'm saying that she may have engaged the Catfish knowingly to look like an innocent victim but was really trying to get them all back for ignoring her.  It's kind of the same motivation of someone who attempts suicide to force people to pay attention to them, but never really intends to kill themselves.  I don't think we'll ever know the truth.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2

I hear ya - when this all first started blowing up on Twitter with Meri taking photos of her with some carnations or something that "Sam" delivered to her at the cul-de-sac i figured Meri was in on it to try and make Robyn and Kody jealous/get back at them.  but those voicemails and texts...the voicemails especially where she compares Kody unfavorably to Sam...I think you're right, unless Overton decides to spill the beans (there's gotta be a way of figuring out the IP address where "Sam" is posting - I don't think she's a hacker of any great skill, just a predator) we will never know the truth.

• Love 2

Of interest, "Lindsey" purchased $800 of that LIV crap from Meri.

What's hilarious to me is that everyone who shills/buys that LIV garbage is incredibly unhealthy looking. Spend $800 so I can look like I've been on a bender for 20 years? No thanks.

I'm really creeped out that Meri's catfisher was in her home under the guise of buying that crap. Did she touch her wetbar*?

*That sounds unintentionally dirty. Heh.

• Love 6

I'm really creeped out that Meri's catfisher was in her home under the guise of buying that crap.

That's a great example of how grossly ignorant the Browns are about the real world. They're like a bunch of children given a big pile of cash and attention then left to their own inadequate devices. Living behind a gate, then opening your front door to perfect strangers who happened to show up with cash on hand is just SO Kody Brown Family.

• Love 5

I haven't seen the previews for the catfish episode yet so i don't know what they've shared but i'm willing to bet they don't portray it as a romantic relationship... meri is probably crying because it was a business deal gone wrong or something.  they won't be truthful that she was considering stepping out.

• Love 2

Perhaps we should make a betting pool.  See who comes closest to the fake story that Meri (and Kody) create.

Regardless of the story told, we all know that Robyn is jumping off the couch in crocodile tears at some point.

• Love 3

I am sure Robyn will pretend she is jumping off the couch to run away because she is overwhelmed by Meri's pain and suffering. But it will really be because she couldn't manage to contain her laughter.

The air on that cul-de-sac must be so thick with schadenfreude I'm surprised anyone can breathe.

• Love 7

Robyn will probably be shown in her own dreamy, gauzy, personal scenes -- too delicate with her due date coming up to expose the Fetal Princess to a group discussion of the atrocity that is Meri's betrayal.  She'll have a stiff upper lip, jut out her chin, and say "I just can't let all of that rob me and Kody of this special time in our lives."

Christine will beat herself up about not having "been there" for Meri.  Janelle will look like she's trying to remember if she already used the last filter for the AC unit or whether she needs to stop at Home Depot tomorrow.  

• Love 12

That's a great example of how grossly ignorant the Browns are about the real world. They're like a bunch of children given a big pile of cash and attention then left to their own inadequate devices. Living behind a gate, then opening your front door to perfect strangers who happened to show up with cash on hand is just SO Kody Brown Family.

I don't think it's an example of ignorance or naivety, but greed.

I just had a random thought regarding the catfish, I don't know if I can word it right... But in the preview for the catfish episode Meri is saying she just needed someone to talk to, but I'm not sure that I belie that's how it started. Not that women can't be friends with men and remain platonic, but if she just wanted to talk why would she seek out a man? I'm not positive I even really know how the relationship started and I don't know if I ever will because I don't really trust any of the parties involved to tell the truth. Honestly truth be told, while I'm not advocating that cheating is okay, I think I would respect her story a lot more if she would come out and say her needs weren't being met, or her feelings were hurt, but from the sounds of it I think she's going to take the full blame for everything. She is the responsible party, but I can help but think that their lifestyle played a huge part in it.

• Love 1

Not that women can't be friends with men and remain platonic, but if she just wanted to talk why would she seek out a man? I'm not positive I even really know how the relationship started and I don't know if I ever will because I don't really trust any of the parties involved to tell the truth.

The newest development in this clusterfuck is that "Lindsey" became Meri's confidant and has her own set of voicemails and texts that can be released.

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/11/11/sister-wives-meri-browns-catfish-lover-threatening-to-expose-new-explosive-voicemails-secrets/

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm already on record as not believing Meri's motives one bit and saying that it doesn't look like she's fully going to fess up to seeking out someone for a romantic affair, which is the only other explanation other than getting attention or trying to make Kody jealous.  It looks like they're all going to spin this as Meri just looking for "a friend" or "business associate" and being taken for a ride by a scam artist who wanted it to LOOK like something else.  Oh but of course Meri is as pure as the driven snow.....Yeah, right.

One thing that bugs me is that in the previews she refers to the person as "him".  Wouldn't she know by then that it was not a "him" but a "her"?  Unless she is going to push the idea that it was a guy doing this and not Jackie Overton, which I can't understand how she could do because the whole world knows otherwise.   ETA:  The article just posted might give a clue as to why -

The newest development in this clusterfuck is that "Lindsey" became Meri's confidant and has her own set of voicemails and texts that can be released.

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/11/11/sister-wives-meri-browns-catfish-lover-threatening-to-expose-new-explosive-voicemails-secrets/

After reading that article, I'm wondering if Meri is being blackmailed and feels that she must push the idea that the catfish was a man to avoid further blackmail as the Catfish is watching and if it doesn't conform to her "truth" about the situation will pull out more dirt to use against Meri and maybe even the entire family - Meri may have divulged details to her that the family doesn't want made public so she can't implicate Jackie Overton as a woman but will continue to claim it was a man.  What a total mess!  This may explain why she made that quote about what she brought "into the family".

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

Good point about possible blackmail- Overton obviously wants people to believe there really is a Sam- maybe she knows embarassing details that she is holding over Meri's head, in return for playing along. Probably not, though. They will try to spin it out of damage control. I think we should start referring to Jackie Overton as Pinocchio - " make me a real, live boy"!!

• Love 2

Overton obviously doesn't want to take responsibility for what she has done and is doing to Meri, hence telling her to keep her identify out of it in any public TV confessions.  This might be why Meri is still referring to her as a "he".  I am wondering if Overton tried to extort money out of them - Perhaps not, because that's a clear crime and if there was any evidence of it she could get in trouble for it.  She is shifty and well aware of just exactly what she can get away with.  No matter what Meri does to avoid it I don't trust the catfish not to follow through on her threats anyway.  As we all know, she is capable of anything.  Poor Meri, I know she should have known better but I really feel sorry for her if this is the case.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

Overton obviously doesn't want to take responsibility for what she has done and is doing to Meri, hence telling her to keep her identify out of it in any public TV confessions.  This might be why Meri is still referring to her as a "he".  I am wondering if Overton tried to extort money out of them - Perhaps not, because that's a clear crime and if there was any evidence of it she could get in trouble for it.  She is shifty and well aware of just exactly what she can get away with.  No matter what Meri does to avoid it I don't trust the catfish not to follow through on her threats anyway.  As we all know, she is capable of anything.  Poor Meri, I know she should have known better but I really feel sorry for her if this is the case.

I think it's just as likely that Meri is referring to her as 'he' to protect herself. Whatever story they put out there will be spun to make Meri look like she was a completely innocent bystander just sitting there and this evil person did horrible things. Obviously this Overton person is a horrible specimen of sub-human. No question about it. But Meri is far from innocent here. If her story is that she was just chatting with this person like a friend and he was a lying scum bag who hurt her feelings and tried to her her family then she's leaving a whole lot out and I'm not sure I'll feel very sorry for her.  

I want to see her get up there and say she is unhappy in her fake marriage and thought she was in love with this creep who turned out to be a woman. THEN, I will feel sorry for her. 

• Love 1

I doubt Jackie is blackmailing anyone. TLC attorneys most likely advised the Browns, Meri especially, to say nothing. They've crafted a (bullshit) story and they'll most likely stick to it. We'll see Sunday night.

Which one of you wrote the Bing dialect response? Love it. Jackie is such a piece of work and I should stop visiting the fake blog -- but I do wonder when "Lindsey" will make her own fake blog.

DzPgtoT.jpg

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I think it's just as likely that Meri is referring to her as 'he' to protect herself. Whatever story they put out there will be spun to make Meri look like she was a completely innocent bystander just sitting there and this evil person did horrible things. Obviously this Overton person is a horrible specimen of sub-human. No question about it. But Meri is far from innocent here. If her story is that she was just chatting with this person like a friend and he was a lying scum bag who hurt her feelings and tried to her her family then she's leaving a whole lot out and I'm not sure I'll feel very sorry for her.  

I want to see her get up there and say she is unhappy in her fake marriage and thought she was in love with this creep who turned out to be a woman. THEN, I will feel sorry for her. 

Yes, I agree, I can imagine that either their lawyers or TLC execs have told them to walk a thin line with what they say just to be on the safe side.  I vacillate between thinking that Meri will take full responsibility (hence attempting to protect the family from a person who might hurt them for blaming her) or that she will play the complete victim to a nasty "man" who she will take great pains not to identify as Overton.  It may even be a bit of both.  She may even admit being in love with this "guy" because as long as it doesn't implicate Overton they may be OK with it.  Better to share the blame than point the finger at a crazy bitch who can hurt them more for doing so.  But like I say, I don't think anything will work with Overton.  She's just the kind of crazy that will strike back at them by going to the tabloids with more damaging information anyway.

Edited by Snarklepuss

Overton presented herself to Meri as a 25 yr old (judging by the half-face picture) uber-rich man.  She was attracted to an age-inappropriate boytoy and/or the money, that is what fascinates me.

I thought Samuel Cooper claimed to be in his forties.

On notbatmanyet.com "he" claims to be 42 years old - I thought that earlier he was claiming to be 32, but I could be mistaken about that.

I think you're right, Snarklepuss. I remember the alleged age changing too.

I'm so sad, I think "Sam" just blocked me, I can't access to the site anymore through my usual browser. As a French, I wanted to help "him" after I read he lived here and was fluent in french.

Yeah right, you're absolutely not fluent in french Samuel. Je suis Française and all you're writing in french is crappier than my english, like google translate crappy 5 years ago. But I don't go and pretend I'm fluent in english.

"Voyager est toujours l’un de mes endroits favoris." means nothing, you wrote : traveling is always one of my favorite place.

"Cette semaine va etre amusant". that's almost ok. AmusantE is correct though.

"Je ne peux pas attendre pour obtenir dans les nuages." translates I can't wait to obtain in the clouds.
But maybe you meant you want to be in the mile high club ? :)

"Je sort les choses telles qu’elles ne sont pas avec les accents que je copier et coller, comme vous." 1) "Sort" with "je" is written with an S, not a T. I can't even understand what you meant. You wrote "I let go things like they aren't, with the accents I copy past, like you.

"Faites-vous toujours inverser votre grammaire de cette facon ou ne faites-vous pas vraiment savoir comment utiliser des verbes dans structure de phrase francaise?" Means nothing at all but you were pretenting to give somebody a french grammar lesson, I assume?

Stick to catfishing in english, you're better at it. If you want to keep this charade alive (and I hope it lasts because it's higly entertaining, I strongly recommend you erase all things french you wrote lately. You forget Sister Wives isn't just watched in the US and here clearly you are lying through your teeth. Don't bite more than you can chew!

Mais merci pour la rigolade !

She's super fast to read comments, it took less than a minute after I sent it to block me. Thank internet's gods for proxy, this shit has kept me alive for the past week, I would be bummed if I couldn't read. It's too funny to read and the lenghts she goes to explain everything are really fascinating.

ETA: grammar. (there is still some errors I assume but despite that, my english is still better than her french, so I'm good with that)

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 13

Yes, I agree, I can imagine that either their lawyers or TLC execs have told them to walk a thin line with what they say just to be on the safe side.  I vacillate between thinking that Meri will take full responsibility (hence attempting to protect the family from a person who might hurt them for blaming her) or that she will play the complete victim to a nasty "man" who she will take great pains not to identify as Overton.  It may even be a bit of both.  She may even admit being in love with this "guy" because as long as it doesn't implicate Overton they may be OK with it.  Better to share the blame than point the finger at a crazy bitch who can hurt them more for doing so.  But like I say, I don't think anything will work with Overton.  She's just the kind of crazy that will strike back at them by going to the tabloids with more damaging information anyway.

How is Overton going to hurt them?   She doesn't have a legal leg to stand on when it comes to anything Meri has to say about her.  The truth is a complete defense to any claim Overton might try to make out.  She wouldn't have a prayer.  And I doubt she really wants to undergo the kind of scrutiny she would be subjected to if she tried.   And TLC would BURY that psycho if she tried to take them on.   She would end up paying their legal fees.  But she probably couldn't even get them into court to begin with, because no lawyer would take her case.  She doesn't have the kind of money it takes to pay a lawyer upfront, and given the hopelessness of her case, no lawyer is going to do it based on contingency.  She ain't suing anybody! 

I don't think there is much risk of her running to the tabloids with more damaging information, either.  If there was anything really shocking left in her little Meri file, Overton would have put it out there by now.  And the tabloids themselves are unlikely to want to use anything she has to say, because they would be responsible for promoting her lies about Meri.  Now they might want to cover Overton herself for being a psycho, that I could see.   But I think if the major tabloids were interested in her and her nutty ass story, they would have picked it up already.  I don't believe it's gone much beyond some internet blogs, maybe Radar Online.  We here at PTV seem to be the only people who really care at all, lol!  

In short, Overton can't do shit to anybody.  Nobody needs to be afraid of her.

This is not to suggest for a minute that I expect Meri to fully open up about WHO catfished her.  It's too humiliating, lol.  I mean it's  bad enough to have to admit it happened at all without revealing she was the victim of some ... how shall I say?  Less than attractive woman from bumfuck nowheresville who told the most ridiculous stories you'd have to be a complete moron to fall for a word of it.  I expect her to just say something about how she was so confused and lonely and she started talking to someone who was friendly, not looking for love or anything.  But this evil person preyed on our Meri and drew her in, using her neediness to trick her.  But eventually Meri realized she already had everything she really wanted and needed with her little plyg cult, and she ended the tawdy relationship and returned to the loving bosom of her family.  The only thing missing will be her clicking the heels of her ruby slippers and proclaiming "there's no place like home."

I anticipate zero honesty, zero insight, and zero taking of responsibility for what happened by ANY of them, Meri and Kody and the various wives all included. 

• Love 9

Does the magic underwear come in a crotchless version?

The original version WAS crotchless!

I'm so sad, I think "Sam" just blocked me, I can't access to the site anymore through my usual browser. As a French, I wanted to help "him" after I read he lived here and was fluent in french.

She's super fast to read comments, it took less than a minute after I sent it to block me. Thank internet's gods for proxy, this shit has kept me alive for the past week, I would be bummed if I couldn't read. It's too funny to read and the lenghts she goes to explain everything are really fascinating.

ETA: grammar. (there is still some errors I assume but despite that, my english is still better than her french, so I'm good with that)

I read that- while I'm not French I understand it well enough (my ex is Quebecquois) and I do know that things in English aren't translated into French word for word- it just isn't done that way, and causes phrases to make no sense.

So-- yes you did a great job--both in your reply here, and what you wrote to the batshit crazy Batman!

:)

• Love 1

The original version WAS crotchless!

I read that- while I'm not French I understand it well enough (my ex is Quebecquois) and I do know that things in English aren't translated into French word for word- it just isn't done that way, and causes phrases to make no sense.

So-- yes you did a great job--both in your reply here, and what you wrote to the batshit crazy Batman!

:)

Speaking of Quebecquois, there is a Joanne in the comments of the same "Nuageux" article, I think it's one of her persona because she's supposed to be living in Quebec and speaking french but she asks where he learned because "she can't place his idiom" or something like that. Like if any french speaking person in the world would ever question Jackie's french is coming from an online translation service... I imagine the purpose of this one is to introduce the "fact" that Sam lived in France.

It's funny, until that post, I was really amazed because Jackie seemed to be good at this catfish thing. Over the top with all the moving, travels and all but nothing you couldn't disprove without searching for it. Ok, you just need to google to know she's BSing left and right but you still had to do something to prove or know she was lying. Here, there was nothing to do, it was just obvious. Such a mistake is surprising and, quite frankly, a little bit disappointing! 

And thanks ! Movies, comics and tv greatly helped my english, as an adult. I was lazy in school and never paid much attention to it. Now, watching too much House/Sister/others/wives and read forums has proven useful. I understand english almost as if it was my first language, but writing in english is still a challenge. 10 sentences take me forever to write, I proof read three times and I'm still noticing mistakes after the fact. I'm working on it posting on PTV ! 

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 7

Yes- they said they noticed her dialect...I noticed it made no sense!

Not something you would likely notice in written words usually, right?  I'm only familiar with French Canadian, but I do know that it's uniquely Quebecers who swear on the sacraments- "Oste de' câlisse", which basically is the Host and Chalice- is considered a very serious swear word in Quebec- like "fuck" is to the English people. "Tabernak" (Tabernacle, the Church) is another one.  

And then there are regional swear words within Quebec itself... 

My husband, whose father is Ontario French- has his own regional  exclamations. LOL- this is why I don't speak French and only understand about 1/2 a conversation.

Sort of got off topic, mods-- my apologies.

99.9% of what Jackie/"Sam" posts is crap, but here is one bit of possible truth that we may see pay out next week:

Samuel says:

November 12, 2015 at 11:24 am
No. That’s not true at all. The adults went to dinner and Meri brought up she has been struggling in the family lately. What she says is maybe I want to go to Greece for a month, maybe I want to get away for a week again, maybe I want to do some charity work with Danny Gokey, maybe I want to do something. She had already told all of them at this point she wanted to leave. They all knew that. So it was not a surprise at all. They are all supportive of her and tell her to do whatever she needs to do. The dinner was just her acknowledging she wanted to go. She brought it up on the Alaska vacation because the plan was to mention it near the end of filming the finale so she could easily walk away from the show and the family and there would be no disappearing out of nowhere with no word why. When she got back we were going to get her moved into my rental house and start our life. But we started fighting and then we ended it.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

Such crap!!!!!!! That blog. Words words words. Jackie is good at convincing words....a sign of a good con artist. No real proof of pics together etc.

There is no record of a Samuel Jacob Cooper or any variation of "his" name as owner, officer, agent, founder, signer, key executive of a company, anywhere in the US. I work for a national biz development group and have access to public and non-public databases. And there is nothing. At all. There's an SJC investments in Chicago....but it's a 70 year old company...the Stan Johnson Co. With offices all over the world. Not Sam Cooper Co.

I posted as much on the blog and voila! Blocked.

• Love 3

How is Overton going to hurt them?   She doesn't have a legal leg to stand on when it comes to anything Meri has to say about her.  The truth is a complete defense to any claim Overton might try to make out.  She wouldn't have a prayer.  And I doubt she really wants to undergo the kind of scrutiny she would be subjected to if she tried.   And TLC would BURY that psycho if she tried to take them on.   She would end up paying their legal fees.  But she probably couldn't even get them into court to begin with, because no lawyer would take her case.  She doesn't have the kind of money it takes to pay a lawyer upfront, and given the hopelessness of her case, no lawyer is going to do it based on contingency.  She ain't suing anybody! 

I don't think there is much risk of her running to the tabloids with more damaging information, either.  If there was anything really shocking left in her little Meri file, Overton would have put it out there by now.  And the tabloids themselves are unlikely to want to use anything she has to say, because they would be responsible for promoting her lies about Meri.  Now they might want to cover Overton herself for being a psycho, that I could see.   But I think if the major tabloids were interested in her and her nutty ass story, they would have picked it up already.  I don't believe it's gone much beyond some internet blogs, maybe Radar Online.  We here at PTV seem to be the only people who really care at all, lol!  

In short, Overton can't do shit to anybody.  Nobody needs to be afraid of her.

I think the family thinks Overton might spill more secrets to the tabloids if they implicate her personally on TV.  She's already gone public with stuff and made further threats to that effect via some "unnamed source" on that "all about the tea" site, so I can see why they would be afraid of more.  From what I have read she actually visited them at home and Meri might have spilled family secrets to her and they are walking on eggshells because they're afraid she'll come out with stuff she hasn't already divulged that they don't want the public to hear.  That's what I mean about how she can hurt them.  It won't be anything more than she's already done, it just may be that they know she knows some stuff that would look bad to the public.  Or maybe they're afraid she'll lie, or whatever she can do to make them look bad.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

First of all, I don't think people really become fluent in a language by speaking it for 1 year... I guess by being submerged in it you would pick up quite a bit, or if you dedicated the year to only learning that language. But that's just my opinion.

My best friend happens to be a high school French teacher, and can spot a google translate a mile away, and she said it most likely was Google.

His little icon on his blog is kinda girly.

If I were Meri I would probable refer to Jackie as a man, or always say he/she, it's hard to change the context of what you know somebody as.

The fact that Jackie is still carrying on like she is Sam really worries me about her mental health.

• Love 1

Bolded mine.

Yes- they said they noticed her dialect...I noticed it made no sense!

Not something you would likely notice in written words usually, right?  I'm only familiar with French Canadian, but I do know that it's uniquely Quebecers who swear on the sacraments- "Oste de' câlisse", which basically is the Host and Chalice- is considered a very serious swear word in Quebec- like "fuck" is to the English people. "Tabernak" (Tabernacle, the Church) is another one.  

And then there are regional swear words within Quebec itself... 

My husband, whose father is Ontario French- has his own regional  exclamations. LOL- this is why I don't speak French and only understand about 1/2 a conversation.

Sort of got off topic, mods-- my apologies.

Indeed. Except for the use of regional lingo (it would be like using "flat" for "apartment", "elevator" for "lift", "cab" for "taxi" in english if you want), in writing, you wouldn't know if a french speaking person is from, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Africa's french ex-colonies (Morocco or Senegal for example where people still speak french as a second language) etc. Quebec is different because they truly have a lot of different vocabulary, not just with their swear words!, but the syntax stays the same.

There is no way that somebody claiming to be fluent in french, or spent a year in France really talking with people, would write it like Jackie does. I know our education system is going to shit those days and our children don't know how to properly write yadiyadiyada but still, no way.

• Love 3

I do not believe that TLC had anything to do with Meri being catfished. The Brown's most likely wish Overton would shut the F up, but TLC probably loves it- it's the biggest ratings booster they've ever had. I think being in the show dictates a lot of what the Brown's do, and they rationalize it as making sacrifices now for long term financial gain. If the coming episode goes down like Jackie/Sam claims, Meri will tell the family she is unhappy, wants to travel, or do charity work, etc. Will be a good litmus test if Overton has any truth in her tales.

• Love 1

What happened to Meri's plan to go to college? That would have certainly solved the problem of her having no one to talk to and having too much time on her hands!

She's in college still. With some of the texts/calls with Jackie/Sam/Lindsey/Christ she states that she is in class or will call after class -- even doodles his name in class.
  • Love 2

i don't know who benefitted more the Browns or Tlc, most would agree sisterwives was on its last leg, then the Duggars went to crap, and sisterwives made a comeback, and unfortunately I think this catfish drama was just enough to push them forward and guarantee another season. I really have no idea about the state of the show at this point, but they are giving it all they've got, between the divorce, adoption, catfish, and now Maddies wedding on the horizon, I don't think they'll be slipping into obscurity anytime soon.

• Love 2

I do have sympathy for Meri (even though she would crucify the other sister wives if they found themselves in this situation!) I don't understand her logic, though.

Any stay-at-home mom knows what it's like to want someone to talk to. That doesn't necessarily translate into an affair. She'll lose a lot of sympathy from me if she doesn't take responsibility for her actions.

Meri has an advantage that she isn't tied to home caring for young children. She can join a club, take an adult education class, volunteer at a charitable organization, join forums on the internet, take dance classes, get a job, attend seminars . . . all the opportunities that working ladies and stay at home moms wish they could do. Meri chose to have an emotional affair instead of pursuing other avenues. I get that she was lonely. Who would blame her? But entering into a romantic relationship was her choice.

Edited by Jusagirlintheworld
  • Love 2

So fake!! I have access to non public databases with my job (national business development stuff) and there is no Samuel Jacob Cooper or any variation of the name as owner, agent, partner, signer, key executive, CEO, founder, exec etc ANYWHERE in the USA. No record of SJC Investments LLC in any state. No record of any one of his name with international business locations. Anywhere. No Sam Cooper with any bank accounts even!

Oh wait, there was one Samuel Cooper who died in 1947 who started a logging biz in Texas.

I sent a message to his/her blog stating so and was banned.

Wonder how long this will go on? So brazen.

For all we know, it was all dreamed up and executed by TLC.

I'll tell you one thing that seems weird. I ran an internet IP trace on the batman blog and on the closet site , look at the part above the map that has the places the IP goes before it hits the end of the line (I cut out the beginning where I am, but you can see it starts in the bay area and goes to where each site is). It's kind of strange they are both funneling down into very similar addresses, as far as the route they are taking (quick you guys, run and change your hosting companies asap!). 

I used an old version of this http://www.visualroute.com/lite.html to get it, but there are also other programs or online tools, google 'free traceroute' , usually you don't have to know the IP address, you just copy the whatever.com name of the site and plug it in, you don't need all the http or www and you can see the route the sites take. What I found may not be solid 'proof' of anything at all, but  on it's face, it's strange. I mean, it looks as if both are following the exact same internet path.

If you need to enlarge the image , press ctrl + (just do ctrl - to bring it back down). The only thing 'changed' about these images was having to combine them into one shot, adding the white space between and margin). You can also use other IP #s with traceroute tools, like if you get the headers off your gmail to see what someone's IP is- when you open up in gmail, to the right underneath the tiny printer icon and next to the date, a tiny drop down arrow. Use that and 'show original' . You guys can google the how to get IP addresses from gmail and all that. One reason you would want the email part of it is if you had ever received mail from a website you left a comment on, or bought something from, you could look up where it is and the route it takes using traceroute. nerd mode off/

2h6f3b5.jpg

• Love 2

Uhh, Black Widow? When you have a few minutes free from being a CIA or FBI agent or whatever you are, could you dumb your post down a few notches for me?   Because it sounds really interesting, but I'z not smart enough to entirely understand.

When you say "closet" do you mean the Sister Wive's closet?  And that it's internet stuff seems to be traveling the same path as the Batman blog stuff?  Because I think that is what you are saying.  And that is very interesting.  I guess it would not in and of itself be completely dispositive of anything, of course.  But it is interesting.

• Love 7

Uhh, Black Widow? When you have a few minutes free from being a CIA or FBI agent or whatever you are, could you dumb your post down a few notches for me?   Because it sounds really interesting, but I'z not smart enough to entirely understand.

When you say "closet" do you mean the Sister Wive's closet?  And that it's internet stuff seems to be traveling the same path as the Batman blog stuff?  Because I think that is what you are saying.  And that is very interesting.  I guess it would not in and of itself be completely dispositive of anything, of course.  But it is interesting.

Yes Batman blog and SWC site , plug in the website name or IP address, both are traveling almost identical paths to get there. I can't be the only semi-techie on here.  here's a link to the google 'free traceroute' results if you want to try doing what I did on an online, real time site   https://www.google.com/search?num=30&q=free+traceroute+&oq=free+traceroute+&gs_l=serp.3..0l3j0i22i30l7.8071.9383.0.10187.4.4.0.0.0.0.496.496.4-1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..3.1.495.IY7uyAFru9c

or this or this

http://www.monitis.com/traceroute/

I like this one, probbaly because this is one I started on back in the cave days of the internet in the 90s  http://www.visualroute.com/lite.html

but if you are going to look it up for yourself, do it soon and  screenshot it, because they are probably trying to run and change their hosting which will change the results . To me, as even a mid-range techie, it looks bad.

Edited by BlackWidow
  • Love 5

Meri could have filled her empty hours with other things, but I think that losing out on the legal wife status knocked her for a loop, and even she was shocked at how much it affected her.  She went from HBIC to just another concubine when she divorced Kodouche.

She was always insecure, but she had that first wife/legal wife thing to beat everyone over the head with.  Even though she's still the first wife, I think that she now sees herself as the oldest, least relevant wife now.  Her previous imperious behavior has come back to bite her, and I don't see how she can ever forge a loving relationship (or even a good relationship) with any of the other wives at this point.  The antagonism is ingrained in them.

I think that Meri thought that it was easier to look outside the 'family' for companionship.  It might have started out to be her just looking for a friend that didn't have ties to the other Browns, but she found herself drawn into an emotional relationship with 'Sam'.  Meri latched onto him like she was drowning and he was the only way to survive.  She ignored red flags and built a fantasy where he'd arrive one day in a nice car and she'd saunter out of her house and kiss the wet bar goodbye.  They'd fly off together and do all the things her arrested development imagined.  They'd visit exotic places, experience new cultures, take selfies and sample fine cuisine.  She'd accompany Sam on business trips and hobnob with powerful businessmen from around the world.  They'd stay in fancy hotels and order room service.  They'd sneak off to private islands for private time, and come back to Sam's home base to check on the business and hold parties in his palatial home.  She and Sam would take Mariah to visit foreign countries and buy designer clothes.  It would all be captured in photos and loaded to the SamLovesMeri blog she'd set up, and that the Browns and all her haters would follow eagerly while they wallowed in jealousy.

Who would want to go through the painful process of realizing that she'd been used by Kody and had been a bitch to Janelle and Christine?  Who would want to face their own faults and work towards a better life that probably wouldn't include Kody and the other Brown adults?  Who knows how that would end up?  She could end up living alone, free from the Browns, but without a man (at least at first).  Breaking away from her polygamous life would be terribly difficult, and fraught with the unknown.  Much easier to retreat into her fantasy world where handsome, wealthy Sam is going to rescue her and make everything all better.

• Love 10

I'm glad to see some people seem to agree with me about being suspicious of the "I just needed someone to talk to motive" I thought I was maybe being a little harsh by thinking if she really just wanted a friend there were other ways to go about it.

Maybe it did start innocently enough, and maybe I'm niaive but I think a lot had to happen for her to fall in love with this Sam character, it's not like it was love at first sight , and as being a person in a committed relationship I think you have to take some responsibility when the line gets crossed. Based on the previews and prior knowledge of the Browns, it sounds like she is going to play heavily on the "he tricked me" and, and while that is true, she was only actually tricked by sams identity, but she still chose to get more and more involved with who she believed was Sam, regardless of Sam's existence, she crossed the line just as much as he "seduced" ( I REALLY did not want to use that word, but I couldn't think of a better way to convey my point) her. I do believe that she is in a really hard situation and that the family may not be all it was presented to be... But she is not powerless there are many things she could have done that would not have involved a technical affair. At the end of the day she put the family image/tlc money over her own well being, she could have left at any point, and that is why I'm not really sympathetic to her anymore.

• Love 4

@BlackWidow---so, what you're saying is......this whole catfishing thing could either be a Brown ratings scam or a trap for Meri set by one of the other wives?  Wow, now that is interesting!  Thanks for the insight, this is great to know!

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 4

Damn, this stuff is fascinating, Black Widow!  Awesome sleuthing!  You win the internet today, tomorrow, all through December and well into next year.  Kadooz!  

So who might have done such a dastardly deed?  Was one (or some combination) of the sister wives determined to crush Meri's soul like a discarded cigarette butt and came up with this little plot?  Was this some scheme by them as a family to gain attention for the show?  Or did Meri do this to herself to win sympathy and humiliate Kody?  Who the hell is this Overton person and what is her role? Is she in league with someone from the Brown family, or is she some kind of lone psycho with mad computer skills and she has somehow pulled off an incredible sting?

Wow... this is so juicy you need a napkin to even think about it! 

• Love 6

Meri had her boy band crush and her days as their groupie for awhile.  Then it was Danny Gokey.  I think after her only child went to college she was really floundering.  Then Kody dumped her like a hot potato for the newer, younger model.  She was ripe for the picking, just for someone to pay some attention to her.   My fantasy is she took Kody to the cleaners in the divorce, but I guess that's what I would have done.  I'm sure there wasn't much to take, but that's beside the point.

I believe the part about needing a friend. Yeah, there were lots of things she could have done to meet people, but she lived in that isolated plyg world for so long she obviously didn't know how.  I think it must be pretty awful living in her skin right now.  Then to have to go on tv and talk about what an idiot she was on top of everything.  If I were her, I would be using the wet bar for more than pastries.  

• Love 7