Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

This is not to suggest for a minute that I expect Meri to fully open up about WHO catfished her.  It's too humiliating, lol.  I mean it's  bad enough to have to admit it happened at all without revealing she was the victim of some ... how shall I say?  Less than attractive woman from bumfuck nowheresville who told the most ridiculous stories you'd have to be a complete moron to fall for a word of it.  I expect her to just say something about how she was so confused and lonely and she started talking to someone who was friendly, not looking for love or anything.  But this evil person preyed on our Meri and drew her in, using her neediness to trick her.  But eventually Meri realized she already had everything she really wanted and needed with her little plyg cult, and she ended the tawdy relationship and returned to the loving bosom of her family.  The only thing missing will be her clicking the heels of her ruby slippers and proclaiming "there's no place like home."

I anticipate zero honesty, zero insight, and zero taking of responsibility for what happened by ANY of them, Meri and Kody and the various wives all included.

Thanks--you've just described exactly what I expect as well. There is never much more than a seed truth in any of their bullshit stories.
  • Love 5

This is a little ambiguous, so I apologize if it's off topic... It could go in several places so I tried to put it where I felt it was most in line with previous conversation.

I know everyone was really concerned that we haven't heard from Brady Williams in a while, but cast your fears aside... According to the Ashley, Brady has made a statement about the catfishing scandal, I will paraphrase it for you:

"Soooo, now that the Browns have a scandal and their family is falling apart, can we have our show back?"

Ok that's not really what he said, but he may as well have just come out with it. I just can't fathom why he felt his point of view was necessary, to me it just screamed that they wanted to be relevant again. I got bored and skimmed through it so I don't even remember what his position was on the issue, but I'm sure it reads much like "as polygamous people we have to worry about things monogomous families wouldn't even dream of, it wasn't just Kody who was cheated on but the whole family... Blah blah blah"

• Love 3

But honestly, when Meri says she is lonely and wants someone to talk to, are any of us sympathetic? She has so many family members who are her next door neighbors. Where's the family connection? Play Candyland with Truley! Bake cookies with the kids! Help with homework! Share chores or do errands with another wife! Get a job!

• Love 11

But honestly, when Meri says she is lonely and wants someone to talk to, are any of us sympathetic? She has so many family members who are her next door neighbors. Where's the family connection? Play Candyland with Truley! Bake cookies with the kids! Help with homework! Share chores or do errands with another wife! Get a job!

This so much! Especially when they sanctimoniously sit there and tell us how much better it is because they have so many other people who can share their experience... And Kody's crooked penis.

• Love 5

The fact that I'm following this so closely makes me worry about mine!

For me, it's a welcomed distraction. I have a pretty stressful life. Lately, it's been sort of fun to go "hmm, what's Meri and Jackie up to today?" then go read the fake blog. I've detoxed from the Duggars and eventually I will no longer binge with the Browns, but for now, bring on more voicemails, texts and pics for me to peruse.
  • Love 4

I think Meri is over spending her time with children and running errands with or for her sister wives.  Meri is a single mother whose daughter left home and she is cast adrift.  Plenty of us have had our children move on with their lives but we have jobs and friends to anchor us.  Meri has neither, and being a musician groupie didn't supply her with any friends apparently.  She was so vulnerable and it's her rotten luck she was targeted.

Meri needs some structure to her life and I think she needs to get a job which would provide that.  Another possibility would be a vo-tech program for something like respiratory therapy or radiography.  I doubt she will put that much effort in to anything, however, as long as she can be a reality show actor.

• Love 2

I think Meri is over spending her time with children and running errands with or for her sister wives.  Meri is a single mother whose daughter left home and she is cast adrift.  Plenty of us have had our children move on with their lives but we have jobs and friends to anchor us.  Meri has neither, and being a musician groupie didn't supply her with any friends apparently.  She was so vulnerable and it's her rotten luck she was targeted.

Meri needs some structure to her life and I think she needs to get a job which would provide that.  Another possibility would be a vo-tech program for something like respiratory therapy or radiography.  I doubt she will put that much effort in to anything, however, as long as she can be a reality show actor.

I thought she was going back to college.  Can't she make friends there?

The nerves...

Jackie is really fucking sick.

I thought she was going back to college. Can't she make friends there?

If she's going to a school with a smaller adult/non-traditional student population then it would be hard to make friends. Most likely Meri never had any social skills prior to hooking up with Kody and she's doesn't have them now. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Okay this lake house nonsense that the catfish keeps talking about is driving me crazy.  No one in Chicago calls a house on Lake Michigan a lake house.  Or if they do, I've never ever heard it.  The term lake house is generally reserved for a 2nd home on a lake in Wisconsin or further from the City than Lake Forest.

I was hoping to trip up the slimey catfish by asking "which lake" the house was on, but she replied Michigan.  The only houses in Lake Forest that are on Lake Michigan are HUGE multi-million dollar mansions.  (A simple google-earth would have shown her that.)   But I guess since Sam is a millionaire, we're suppose to believe he's holed up in an 11 bedroom mansion on Lake Michigan, by a fireplace this weekend.  With clean sheets of course. 

• Love 4

Be wary clicking on Jackie's 11/13/15 "Photos page" post because you will see Meri's cleavage and nipples through clothing. You cannot unsee.

The photos are pretty embarrassing for Meri. No matter how it's framed by TLC on Sunday night's show, she was most certainly involved in a clandestine emotional affair with someone she said she felt more passion for than the man she was legally/spiritually married to. The Browns will no doubt rally around poor, sad, weeping Meri, but I'm sure behind closed doors Kody is livid that his carefully crafted portrayal of the happiest family in the cul de sac has been sullied. I recall him saying in an early episode that the thought of one of his wives involved with another man repulsed and disgusted him. I suspect that Meri is now and forever stuck with a man that she hasn't loved for a very long time, while his feelings for her have gone from indifference to contempt.

The photo of what's appears to be Meri's bare arm with Sam's name scratched on it is particularly disturbing.

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • Love 7

Samuel Cooper ‏@notbatmanyet 18h18 hours ago

My employees in Paris are all safe. Just heard from our office manager who contacted each one. Thank God. Praying this ends soon.

The nerves...

In this whole twisted saga, that's the most effed up thing yet.

• Love 12

I don't know why this is the line for me, it's one of those things you don't know until it happens. This entire situation is ridiculous, this character (I can't even refer to Sam as a person, man or woman) inserting itself in someone's life is bad... But... Trying to imply that they could have been effected by the tragedy in France is just deplorable to me. I don't care if it was to announce that "it" wasn't affected, to even try to pretend there is an office there at this point makes me sick. They might as well have pretended to know a victim, to me it's essentially the same, everything in this persons life is made up anyway, why not just make up a victim too. Jackie is going so far out of her way to still perpetrate this story, and should have kept her mouth shut in regards to the Paris tragedy.

I feel like I'm overreacting, but there are many many many families that actually lost a loved one, that are in a hospital holding someone's hand right now, as they hold on to life... That the fact that Jackie is trying to make Sam relevant, even in these circumstances is beyond sick.

• Love 12

The photos are pretty embarrassing for Meri. No matter how it's framed by TLC on Sunday night's show, she was most certainly involved in a clandestine emotional affair with someone she said she felt more passion for than the man she was legally/spiritually married to. The Browns will no doubt rally around poor, sad, weeping Meri, but I'm sure behind closed doors Kody is livid that his carefully crafted portrayal of the happiest family in the cul de sac has been sullied. I recall him saying in an early episode that the thought of one of his wives involved with another man repulsed and disgusted him. I suspect that Meri is now and forever stuck with a man that she hasn't loved for a very long time, while his feelings for her have gone from indifference to contempt.

The photo of what's appears to be Meri's bare arm with Sam's name scratched on it is particularly disturbing.

Oh, please. I agree with you completely that they'll barely scratch the surface and take no responsibility. They'll be victims target for being polygamists AGAIN. Behind the scenes, Kody has to be fuming, Robyn cackling, and the other two at least smirking. 

That arm scratching photo is definitely disturbing. I remember girls doing that in middle school, and thinking they were nuts - 1) for disfiguring their arms, and 2) for some adolescent boyfriend they wouldn't remember in two years. Remember them going on a bout teens not having a fully developed frontal lobe and the inability to make good decisions - hello, Meri. That's crazy town.

While I'm adamant that Meri put herself in her own mess by having an affair, I think it's awful that she can't get out of the mindset that she has to have another man before she can escape. I'm presuming it's worse in their religion to commit adultery and betray your husband and family (yeah, Kody's an insensitive ass, but this is about Meri) by forsaking your vows and leaving with another man than to just leave on your own. If she's sealed to Kody for the afterlife and at his mercy to be called into the highest level of heaven, then she's stuck as a heavenly lower class citizen whether she is with Kody, with another guy who can't call her off of Kody's planet, or being a second class single person in heaven. No matter what, she's miserable right now on earth. 

• Love 2

Oh, please. I agree with you completely that they'll barely scratch the surface and take no responsibility. They'll be victims target for being polygamists AGAIN. Behind the scenes, Kody has to be fuming, Robyn cackling, and the other two at least smirking.

That arm scratching photo is definitely disturbing. I remember girls doing that in middle school, and thinking they were nuts - 1) for disfiguring their arms, and 2) for some adolescent boyfriend they wouldn't remember in two years. Remember them going on a bout teens not having a fully developed frontal lobe and the inability to make good decisions - hello, Meri. That's crazy town.

While I'm adamant that Meri put herself in her own mess by having an affair, I think it's awful that she can't get out of the mindset that she has to have another man before she can escape. I'm presuming it's worse in their religion to commit adultery and betray your husband and family (yeah, Kody's an insensitive ass, but this is about Meri) by forsaking your vows and leaving with another man than to just leave on your own. If she's sealed to Kody for the afterlife and at his mercy to be called into the highest level of heaven, then she's stuck as a heavenly lower class citizen whether she is with Kody, with another guy who can't call her off of Kody's planet, or being a second class single person in heaven. No matter what, she's miserable right now on earth.

According to the Jackassie/Sam blog, Meri wrote a love letter to 'Sam' while "in class". I bet she also wrote his name on her binder and surrounded it with hearts and smiley faces. It's really quite sad.

• Love 6

According to the Jackassie/Sam blog, Meri wrote a love letter to 'Sam' while "in class". I bet she also wrote his name on her binder and surrounded it with hearts and smiley faces. It's really quite sad.

So she's another one of those people who, when they end a long term relationship, revert back to the mindset of where they were the last time they started a relationship = AKA high school/immediately post high school for Meri. 

• Love 2

And this explanation--the loneliness--tells the real truth about polygamy: the bonds of sister wives are smoke and mirrors, and the partial snippet of a romantic relationship with one man who indulges in wife, wife, wife wife leaves women lonely, emotionally raw, and desperate for a real love.

• Love 15

On one of those phone call recordings, Meri is saying something about being "intimate" with "Sam."  In another phone call she is saying she loves him and wants to have his baby.   Who says these things to someone you've never met face to face?  This whole thing is just weird and embarrassing.  

• Love 5

Meri had her boy band crush and her days as their groupie for awhile. Then it was Danny Gokey. I think after her only child went to college she was really floundering. Then Kody dumped her like a hot potato for the newer, younger model. She was ripe for the picking, just for someone to pay some attention to her. My fantasy is she took Kody to the cleaners in the divorce, but I guess that's what I would have done. I'm sure there wasn't much to take, but that's beside the point.

I believe the part about needing a friend. Yeah, there were lots of things she could have done to meet people, but she lived in that isolated plyg world for so long she obviously didn't know how. I think it must be pretty awful living in her skin right now. Then to have to go on tv and talk about what an idiot she was on top of everything. If I were her, I would be using the wet bar for more than pastries.

I can concur she has been hittin me harder than the ratpack in the early sixties.
  • Love 4

On one of those phone call recordings, Meri is saying something about being "intimate" with "Sam."  In another phone call she is saying she loves him and wants to have his baby.   Who says these things to someone you've never met face to face?  This whole thing is just weird and embarrassing.  

Oh Dear Lawd, please Meri, STOP with the "I want to have your baby" crap. Even if you really, truly wanted to, we've been through this many, many times: you're 45 and you have infertility issues. Even if the stork landed on your wetbar with a bundle of joy, you'd probably shoo it away or send it to Robyn's house. Not going to happen, so quit acting a fool. 

• Love 5

Oh Dear Lawd, please Meri, STOP with the "I want to have your baby" crap. Even if you really, truly wanted to, we've been through this many, many times: you're 45 and you have infertility issues. Even if the stork landed on your wetbar with a bundle of joy, you'd probably shoo it away or send it to Robyn's house. Not going to happen, so quit acting a fool.

Well.....she does have that built-in surrogate!  lol

• Love 2

Looks like Meri is going to admit it was a woman and not a man. There's a preview up on All About the Tea of the Tamron Hall interview where she says "I never met a him. I did eventually meet her." http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/11/14/sister-wives-and-kody-confront-meri-brown-over-catfish-affair/

It looks like she's admitting there was both a woman and a man but it's still unclear who she will pin the blame on.  "He" may be the "bastard" she is referring to, while she may refer to Overton as just an innocent bystander.  We'll find out tomorrow.

Be wary clicking on Jackie's 11/13/15 "Photos page" post because you will see Meri's cleavage and nipples through clothing. You cannot unsee.

Thanks for the warning, I braced myself and I think I came out OK....

Actually, reading those love letters to Sam made me think that either Meri is one severely damaged soul and very immature for her age or this entire thing is a scam for attention and/or ratings.  I can't believe that even she would be that bad off.  It almost seems fictional at this point.  She seems more like a high school girl with an insane crush than a 45 year old woman.  I'm not saying it isn't possible but I'm having a hard time swallowing this entire affair even from Meri's point of view.  Something about it is off and I can't figure out what just yet.  Maybe after tomorrow's show.  I think those photos really put the seeds of doubt in my mind that this was for real.  I mean, seriously that picture with his name on her arm is scary if it were true.  I don't want to think she's a nutter like that or anything but signs right now are pointing to "yes".  Either that or she made up this affair to get back the family or for ratings or both.

• Love 2

I just went to not batman yet. Sweet weeping baby moses. First of all, this header:

"I have a publisher lined up. I’m currently looking for an Editor to help me write this book. Any help would be appreciated. Email me at Samuel@notbatmanyet.com The book does not have a working title yet but it will be released on March 1, 2016! I’m excited to share …"

Everything about this cracks me up. I'm a writer, "Sam." It doesn't work this way. You don't "line up" a publisher like hiring a caterer. First, you go through the grueling process of querying agents. If you're lucky enough to get representation, and if your agent was actually able to interest a publisher in this silly bit of trivial bullshit, the publishing house would have editors to work with you on your FULLY-WRITTEN book. News flash, sport: editors don't help you write the book. Finally, the wheels of traditional publishing grind exceedingly slowly. NO ONE gets a publication date just a couple of months away, on an as-yet unwritten book. It so ludicrous it's funny.

IF Overton is actually writing some sort of fantasy tell-all as Samuel Cooper,she is definitely publishing it heself. Nothing wrong with indie publishing per se, but yes, she is in deep need of an editor (she capitalizes random nouns a lot, for one thing), and the good ones are pricey.

All the schoolgirl notes and silly PG13 photos in the world do not a NYT bestseller make. They're already on the website, and other than a wee bit of random viewer curiosity they are a yawnfest. My serious hope is that she's hooked up with one of the predatory vanity presses out there, and is currently bent over for a royal hosing. It would be sweet, sweet karma to see Oveton reamed, scammed out of wads of cash, then sued by TLC.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 10

image1.jpeg?resize=233%2C300

This is the image I was referring to. It says absolutely nothing in the post about the picture or who it is, so I am not sure. I bet when people start questioning her, it will end up being a friend or maybe that guy who works for her lol

Are you talking about this photo?  Because whoever he is he doesn't look anything like the photos of "Sam".

101.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=621%2C813

I would bet that this guy is somehow related to the wedding that she went to in Utah? He actually looks enough like Meri that I wouldn't doubt they were related.

Edited by hunneytot
  • Love 1

The entire Catfishing debacle has been entertaining for several reasons- it is undeniably satisfying to see the Brown family exposed and their perfect, happy facade ruined. Like rubbernecking at an accident, it was hard to turn away from the disturbing nature of someone that would go to such extreme lengths to pretend they were someone they weren't, even in the face of hard evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt who their true identidy is. However, looking at someone's arm with a name scratched into the skin, and borderline pornographic photos of someone's ( assumably Meri's) nipples protruding from their blouse, crosses over from harmlessly curious into macabre. I don't find it that difficult to believe that Meri was so needy and lonely that she would latch on to an attentive, complementary type person over the Internet. The depravity Jackie Overton has shown by continuing this fantasy world is so disturbing that it overshadows any enjoyment I got from he whole debacle. The end result has been sad, depressing, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth regarding the whole thing.

• Love 9

I would bet that this guy is somehow related to the wedding that she went to in Utah? He actually looks enough like Meri that I wouldn't doubt they were related.

Related? Is that an issue with this bunch and their family wreath?

Warning that I'm about to get mean(er than usual on here): Those guys don't 'match' Meri. I know their world is really limited in who they seem to think they can choose for spouses *insert family wreath mention again*, but those two guys both look 20 years younger and a whole lot more attractive (especially the dark haired on) than Meri. I can't imagine why they would be attracted to her. She's not pretty, she's old enough to be their mother, she has no personality, is attached to this weird family and 'different' religion, has no income, etc. 

Science is shown we pretty much choose mates on the same level of attractiveness, unless there is some extenuating circumstance, i.e., arranged marriage, one partner is wealthy and the other is really good looking, etc.

As much as I hate to admit it, Kody was very good looking when they first got married (what the hell happened with his looks and then there's that personality, I don't know). Meri was never really even cute. Janelle and Robyn were/are pretty in their wedding pics. Christine looks 100x better now than then, IMO.

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/100410_browns_wedding_teaser_544_xxxx.jpg?w=544&h=750&crop=1

Anyway........I'm having a hard time seeing Meri in a romantic relationship with either of those men pictured above.

• Love 6

Yeah, she's wearing the dress she wore to the wedding, as shown in another photo on the site. 

I freely admit to finding this whole soap opera fascinating, especially the strategy behind "Sam"/Jackie's approach to revealing all this info. All these promises that "photographic proof" will eventually appear and now we're seemingly getting a little closer with new photos of "him." It's surprised me too that there's a continuing strong defense of Robyn, knowing how the general public views her and how easy it would be to blow things up more and get more attention by throwing her under a bus. It's quite the saga, and while he/she/it's a terrible writer, I have no trouble believing a dubious digital publisher (or he'll go the self-pub route) has contacted "him" about publishing "his" story. Is it going to resemble an actual well-crafted book in any way? No. Not with the lack of writing skills or any clue on/experience with constructing a long-form narrative, and the idea that it's going to be 10 chapters long (that's going to equal a very short novella most likely of about 30,000 words tops.) Any publisher worth their salt would have an experienced co-writer working with "him", a legal team to make sure this is completely vetted and "he" is who he says "he" is, and they'd immediately pull down the blog to prevent sharing the story online for free. (Because who's going to buy it if they've already read the whole thing free online?) 

It's fascinating though. I think I've actually turned the corner and am hoping against all logic that this is a real dude! 

• Love 2

Re: the 9th-grade style love letters

Perhaps the letters aren't even Meri's style. Keep in mind that Meri had two ("Sam" and "Lindsey") new caring people in her life at this time. "Lindsey" goaded Meri every step of the way. The letters could have been Lindsey's idea.

I feel a lot of compassion for Meri because she was mind-fucked by Jackie Overton. When Meri would voice her concerns about Sam, Lindsey would step in to encourage her to continue. Lindsey was her new best friend, a friend Meri desperately needed.

• Love 7

It's quite the saga, and while he/she/it's a terrible writer, I have no trouble believing a dubious digital publisher (or he'll go the self-pub route) has contacted "him" about publishing "his" story.

I wonder if "Sam" will end up offering the book for sale on his blog or something.  That is if there ever is any book (even a vanity press published one) at all.  

Not that the lack of an actual book would stop our Sam, of course.  I would not be surprised if he ends up posting glowing reviews of his phantom book from his devoted fans, the way he did with the non-existent sex tape he supposedly made with Meri and chose to share with a select few total strangers online (and that for some reason, no one ever mentions anymore).  

Last I saw, "he" is posting fake comments over and over about some super-awesome video of Sam that was made by Lindsey which can be seen on his website.  But he won't tell anyone what that website actually is, of course.  And how anyone supposedly knows about it, I have no idea.  He's never ever revealed the whereabout of another website he has (of course it doesn't really exist).  This nutbag just makes shit up out of total thin air, posts fake comments saying how awesome he/it all is, and just keeps rolling. Basically talking to himself.  It's amazing.  

Well ... whoever is behind it can try as hard as they want to make it look like people have seen the evidence and believe it.  But I don't for one second believe that anyone on the face of the earth actually believes this guy is real, much less had a sexual relationship with Meri.  Her nutty letters and voicemails only show that she fell for a scam.  But every word the catfish has posted since then proves nothing to me but that there is one very sick, very desperate person out there willing to do just about anything for attention.  Or to just hurt someone. That is all I am taking away from this whole thing anymore.  How demented this catfish person is.

The Meri part is old news to me at this point. 

• Love 2

I'm so sick of the commercial. Even though I'm sure the episode will be a huge disappointment and I don't plan to watch it, I will be really glad when it's over so weepy Meri will be off my screen.

Just a clue, Meri..... if you are alone all the time and need something to do.... GET A JOB!!

• Love 6
Nah, according to Kody--no one will hire a "polygamiiiiiiist!"

Especially if all eleventy-seven of them pus a camera crew show up at the job interview and Kadoofus steps foreward trumpeting his patented "we're a polygamist family" intro.  I wouldn't hire anyone associated with that circus act either.

• Love 4

The only reason I'm ok with the Meri catfish commercial is because it seems to have replaced the commercial with Robyn whining, if I have to hear Robyn say "I'm pregnant... And I'm really happy about it" one more time I'm gonna have to be commited.

• Love 1

Meri had her boy band crush and her days as their groupie for awhile.  Then it was Danny Gokey.

OK, can someone elaborate on this for someone who has unfortunately not read this entire thread.  Who is Danny Gokey and what was her boy band crush/groupie behavior?  With the catfish stuff and this....sure sounds like she took the divorce as more than just a "legal" one.

I used an old version of this http://www.visualroute.com/lite.html to get it, but there are also other programs or online tools, google 'free traceroute' , usually you don't have to know the IP address, you just copy the whatever.com name of the site and plug it in, you don't need all the http or www and you can see the route the sites take. What I found may not be solid 'proof' of anything at all, but  on it's face, it's strange. I mean, it looks as if both are following the exact same internet path.something from, you could look up where it is and the route it takes using traceroute. nerd mode off/

I am a webmaster.  Traceroute will give you the IP address of the webserver, not the person that owns the domain name and uploads content to it.  Further, if you have a website, you can send email directly from it, such that the email headers also look like they come from the same server.  It's not at all surprising that the website and her email trace to the same IP, and that IP is not that of her home device.

SWC and Jackie could be using the same large web host.  Have you xwhois'd their respective web hosts?

• Love 2