Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I still can wrap my head around the fact that frumpy, unattractive Meri thought that a handsome, rich businessman would want to be with her, when he could be with a younger, beautiful woman.  She is delusional. 

Meri is a human being and deserves to be loved. For many, if not most, people love is based on the quality of the person not on a person's looks or the size of their wallet.

• Love 8

Meri is a human being and deserves to be loved. For many, if not most, people love is based on the quality of the person not on a person's looks or the size of their wallet.

I did not say that Meri doesn't deserve to be loved, but rather that she was "punching above her weight". 

• Love 5

I still can wrap my head around the fact that frumpy, unattractive Meri thought that a handsome, rich businessman would want to be with her, when he could be with a younger, beautiful woman. She is delusional.

JO is the delusional one. She came on very strongly and relentlessly pursued Meri even when Meri attempted to be rational about the situation. Eventually Meri bought into JO's hype/lie/fantasy and just went balls to the wall insane. Scratching his name. Declaring that she wanted to have his babies. Ready to leave everyone behind.

I can't stand Meri and think she put her self in her own mess, but I also think it's vile for Catfish to post private voicemail and pics on the internet, as blackmail or revenge. I refuse to listen to them. She's admitting, more than I ever thought she would, that this whole situation is her fault and a mess, and Catfish is just being nasty in posting private info.

• Love 3

I did not say that Meri doesn't deserve to be loved, but rather that she was "punching above her weight".

So she just deserves ugly and poor. Geez. If people have been telling her that it's no wonder she thought Kody was all she could hope for.

• Love 8

JO is the delusional one. She came on very strongly and relentlessly pursued Meri even when Meri attempted to be rational about the situation. Eventually Meri bought into JO's hype/lie/fantasy and just went balls to the wall insane. Scratching his name. Declaring that she wanted to have his babies. Ready to leave everyone behind.

But the thing is, Meri went balls to the wall insane in a matter of ONE WEEK.  After no time at all she was telling 'it' that she loved him and calling him and texting him all day long.  Hey babe...Oh BABY!....BABY!....I love you!....I just love YOU!  I havent talked to you in like 3 hours I cant stand it I need my time with my BABYBaaaaaaaaaaby!

I think she would even make Vicki Gunvalson uncomfortable with her need for daily affirmation.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....she would have driven any normal man insane and running for the door with all that nonsense. I get that 'it' encouraged the rapid decline into behavior that is even too over the top for first time teenage obsession but Meri, girlfriend, that level of clingy neediness it NOT attractive!

• Love 1

So she just deserves ugly and poor. Geez. If people have been telling her that it's no wonder she thought Kody was all she could hope for.

The guy in question was younger than her, was extremely good looking and had more money than God.  If you were to believe him (I dont know how one would but) He owns million dollar houses (as in plural) he ones THREE airplanes, he travels the world first class with no expense spared.  If you were to be with him you would have a life akin to true life fairy princess.

Is it wrong to think a man like this would most likely not pick Meri from Sisterwives.....I dont think so.

Edited by Schmoopy
  • Love 8

Delusions of grandeur? I know Meri seemed to think she'd landed the Mormon Fundie Prince among Princes Kody Brown, and we're seeing how that's worked out for her, but she really set her sites unrealistically high.

Besides looks/body, Meri has zero personality.  She's whiny, demanding, clingy, greedy, broke, inarticulate, uncouth and a bad dresser. She has a husband, three sister wives and a brood of step kids. Besides staring at Kody and one upping her sister wives, she has no real direction, goals or ambition. She has a daughter who does seem to be maturing, but is also a greedy, needy, spoiled brat. I've yet to see the redeeming qualities that would draw a 20 something, wealthy jetsetter with model good looks toward any of the Brown women.

The only thing less likely would be for Kate Middleton to leave her crown and castle for Kody.

• Love 7

Thanks. I had forgotten about that. It is strange because "Sam" sounds like a man though he didn't initiate the call nor have a reason to be playing the part of "Sam." Still confusing.

I don't necessarily think this was the case because it doesn't really seem possible in this situation, but I saw an episode of catfish the other day where the fish used a youtube video as the voice... I can see that working if Sam initialed the call or left a message but I don't know how you could answer questions that way..

Exactly. In the real world gorgeous young millionaires don't pursue older, average-looking, overweight, entangled women. The Bridget Jones phenomenon is largely a Hollywood/romance novel construct. In real life, those guys primarily choose single, young, and gorgeous--because they can. It's not a slam on Meri; it's just the way the world works. The handsome young millionaires aren't ever going to choose me, either. That doesn't mean I'm Quasimodo--it just means I'm playing in a different league. For Meri to throw herself so totally into this quagmire of bullshit is evidence of the hole in her life.

But the "I want to have your baby" thing is deeply disturbing to me. Meri knows fucking well that she's not only infertile, but too old to be making babies anyway. What a sick indication of the emotional gravity their little clan places on baby-having as the ultimate demonstration of romantic fealty.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 12

But the "I want to have your baby" thing is deeply disturbing to me. Meri knows fucking well that she's not only infertile, but too old to be making babies anyway. What a sick indication of the emotional gravity their little clan places on baby-having as the ultimate demonstration of romantic fealty.

Don't you know, it's clinically proven that sex with hot, young millionaires cures what ails you.

• Love 2

Meri's looks really don't have anything to do with anything, because Sam is not real.  Her buying into a handsome millionaire flirtation speaks to how low and depressed she was, trapped in a really crappy situation of her own making.  I don't think Meri is unattractive - in fact, what made me start watching this show in the first place was the fact that any of the wives could've been my neighbor, or a mom picking up her kids at school, etc.  They were not the polygamist women I was familiar with, the ones that dressed in long skirts and wore their hair in complicated braids.  They were women like me, but with a family I could not begin to understand, and that's what drew me to the show.

When Meri is happy, she looks completely different than what we've been used to seeing.  Same with Christine and Janelle.  Misery contorts the features, drags down the face, makes one gain weight, etc.  In some of the pictures she sent to "Sam," she actually looks happy and younger - which is sad, because none of it was real.

So I guess what I'm saying is - in the real world, a man like "Sam" would not pursue a woman like Meri, but that doesn't mean she's unattractive.  And the fact that she bought into it speaks to how desperate she probably was for someone - anyone - to give her any crumb of positive attention.

Wait - am I defending Meri?!  I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.  I'll hang up and listen now.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

The guy in question was younger than her, was extremely good looking and had more money than God.  If you were to believe him (I dont know how one would but) He owns million dollar houses (as in plural) he ones THREE airplanes, he travels the world first class with no expense spared.  If you were to be with him you would have a life akin to true life fairy princess.

Is it wrong to think a man like this would most likely not pick Meri from Sisterwives.....I dont think so.

I've yet to see the redeeming qualities that would draw a 20 something, wealthy jetsetter with model good looks toward any of the Brown women.

I guess I must have missed some part of the conversation or perhaps I just made an assumption that "Sam" was an age appropriate 40 something. Call me silly but I was envisioning a Sam Elliot type.

sam.jpg

But seriously, a 20 something model beautiful, multi-millionaire? Oh Meri. Oh honey no. This makes it all that much more sad. This is not to say that a young attractive guy couldn't be into an older woman but Meri as a woman in the public eye should be even that much more on high alert when it comes to being contacted online by guys sounding too good to be true and professing undying love almost immediately. I know she said that she suspected 'it' was feeding her a line of BS from go, so why jump in head first into a pool you suspect has no water?

I always thought Meri was an alright looking woman. No great beauty but not pleasant enough to the eye. I feel like with the move to LV has impacted her physically the worst out of all the wives. It is when she decided that oompa loompa orange was her skin color of choice; she got an unflattering hair cut; dyed her hair those awful colors; seemed to throw out her hair conditioner; got a makeup consult from the wrong makeup artist at the MAC counter (you know the one that looks like they are on their way to an Insane Clown Posse concert); and started frying her hair in crisco to give it that dry crispy look. All of which are easily correctable. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

I guess I must have missed some part of the conversation or perhaps I just made an assumption that "Sam" was an age appropriate 40 something. Call me silly but I was envisioning a Sam Elliot type.

sam.jpg

But seriously, a 20 something model beautiful, multi-millionaire? Oh Meri. Oh honey no. This makes it all that much more sad. This is not to say that a young attractive guy couldn't be into an older woman but Meri as a woman in the public eye should be even that much more on high alert when it comes to being contacted online by guys sounding too good to be true and professing undying love almost immediately. I know she said that she suspected 'it' was feeding her a line of BS from go, so why jump in head first into a pool you suspect has no water?

I always thought Meri was an alright looking woman. No great beauty but not pleasant enough to the eye. I feel like with the move to LV has impacted her physically the worst out of all the wives. It is when she decided that oompa loompa orange was her skin color of choice; she got an unflattering hair cut; dyed her hair those awful colors; seemed to throw out her hair conditioner; got a makeup consult from the wrong makeup artist at the MAC counter (you know the one that looks like they are on their way to an Insane Clown Posse concert); and started frying her hair in crisco to give it that dry crispy look. All of which are easily correctable.

Sam Elliott. Yum.
  • Love 5

Ugh, I read through that tome of a delusional blog post and I have a few random thoughts on it from someone with a MS in Counseling Psych. specializing in Personality:

Overton lives in a fantasy world where she adopts a male persona and has an online "affair" with a woman under a false identity, but I don't think it's just for kicks alone - I think it satisfies a need in her to find a "straight" woman to have a fantasy relationship with that she deeply needs but would otherwise have no chance of having legitimately.  To her it feels like she's achieved something she always wanted but never could have - surreptitiously but it still satisfies a real need.  So on that level the Overton experiences the relationship as "real" - Meanwhile everything else about it is completely fake and dishonest.  I think she compartmentalizes herself into different personas.  She may actually have MPD (multiple personality disorder) and really believe her own tripe depending on which persona she is in at any given time - When she is in the "Sam" persona she really is a man in her own mind and would deny the existence of a woman at all.  As "Sam" she really "loved" Meri, or thought she did, in the unhealthy and scary way of a severely disturbed person - The sad thing is that this kind of scam is probably the only way she can achieve any kind of "romance" in her life.  I have a feeling that anything other than this sick kind of relationship would leave her unsatisfied.  I think perhaps she only feels satisfied when she is a "man" in her own mind in love with a straight woman.

There are many levels to this situation. In the long blog post there is truth woven into fantasy/fakery.  I don't have time to go through it right now but some of what she said about the family, esp. Kody, has the ring of truth to it.  Some of what she has already said has been shown to have some truth to it.  The trick is separating the truth from the fiction.  A very, very sad situation, poor Meri.

• Love 11

On that half-picture, he looks 25.

The half-face picture guy definitely looks younger than 42. I'm dying to know; is that the only picture "Sam" sent to Meri? Did she fall "in love" with half of a face and no body? There had to have been other photos that "Sam" sent to Meri, but none are posted online. It's mind-boggling. Where's Nev when you need him?

• Love 1

I think she would even make Vicki Gunvalson uncomfortable with her need for daily affirmation. (post trimmed)

I too have thought of the parallels between those two, despite the fact that one has an empire and one has 1/4 of a cul de sac, man and check.  The two of them should have lunch, maybe Vicki could give Meri a job and they could trade stories.

• Love 3

The half-face picture guy definitely looks younger than 42. I'm dying to know; is that the only picture "Sam" sent to Meri? Did she fall "in love" with half of a face and no body? There had to have been other photos that "Sam" sent to Meri, but none are posted online. It's mind-boggling.

From what I understand from other threads, especially the one that cited a link from Nick Connor (who posted quite a lot of information about the catfisher, how she operates, and info about other victims of the catfisher), the catfisher takes photos from people's social media sites and other people she communicates with, and sends those to her potential victims as the person she's claiming to be at the time. But on "Sam's" website, notbatmanyet, she can't post actual photos of "Sam" because someone might recognize whose photos are being used.

Too bad Meri didn't come across a real man. She'd be free and happy right now.

She's legally free already except for whatever financial stuff she might be still entangled with. And she's got this cute guy like vacuming this shelf at her place. The twitter link isnt working so here's a pic. Jealous much? yeah!

It's great to see she isn't crying in the corner worried about What Everybody Thinks. Good for you Meri for not giving an F.  Oh and see if that elf has a brother to install some cameras/security to keep creepers away. 

n5n6dv.jpg

Edited by BlackWidow
  • Love 1

From what I understand from other threads, especially the one that cited a link from Nick Connor (who posted quite a lot of information about the catfisher, how she operates, and info about other victims of the catfisher), the catfisher takes photos from people's social media sites and other people she communicates with, and sends those to her potential victims as the person she's claiming to be at the time. But on "Sam's" website, notbatmanyet, she can't post actual photos of "Sam" because someone might recognize whose photos are being used.

You know the reverse image search program, Tineye? You can plug in a picture and it will tell you where that image appears elsewhere on the internet (I used it once to find where I could buy this couch I had saved a picture of).   Anyway, I have been wondering if that is why JO is using the picture that shows only half of Sam's face, because it would make it more difficult for someone to trace the picture and expose JO as a fraud ... 

Maybe someone here knows more about how Tineye works than I do and can enlighten us. 

• Love 1

Too bad Meri didn't come across a real man. She'd be free and happy right now.

Too bad she thinks she needs one man to replace another. Be free and happy on your own, Meri. You CAN do it without a man as your crutch. Take responsibility for your own happiness, or you'll never find it.

Those pics Meri had up, the guy looked 25. 42 makes much more sense, but still is a stretch.

• Love 11

Yeah, I think you're right...I probably should have realized that, but trying to unravel this whole thing makes my head hurt.

Once you delve into the black hole that is JO and her years of online catfishing, it is glaringly obvious that she is the one posting 99.9% of the comments. (If you notice she will say she doesnt want to post anything derogatory but then she will just take on some random persona and spit out all the vitriol she wants...and what do you know......it gets picked to be published on her blog or she will use the comment to further report on some specific topic she wants to jabber about at any given moment)

Now I say this because until you realize how incredibly demented and truly sociopathic this person is, I just dont think a normal person would even consider that another person could entertain themselves by typing out long convoluted conversations with themselves ALL DAY LONG on the internet.  It is not just on her blog, she also uses dozens if not hundreds of twitter handles to tweet nonstop.

So if trying to understand the madness that is JO makes your head hurt....then congratulations, you are normal :)

Edited by Schmoopy
  • Love 10
So if trying to understand the madness that is JO makes your head hurt....then congratulations, you are normal :)

There are no words.  Maybe I have lead too sheltered a life but I had had no idea such insanity existed.  Hopefully her recent arrest will put a stop to all of this madness.

• Love 2

If Jackie's actions weren't so sinister she would be absolutely pathetic. It reminds me of Pinocchio wishing to become a real boy. We all see that if she directed her energy towards something positive in her real life she could actually make a life for herself. However that is like saying " if I was homeless I would do such and such"- if you can think through a plan of action you wouldn't be homeless in the first place. The pathology that is Jackie's mind probably isn't capable of normal relationships as herself.

• Love 6

Another mental health professional representing! I'm an outpatient mental health provider for the VA. It's unethical to diagnose JO and probably against forum rules but... I just want to say that she presents with qualities of PTSD. I specialize in PTSD treatment but not from combat -- from military sexual trauma (1/3rd of women in military are sexually assaulted by their fellow service members; happens to men too). Anyways, I see the world that JO has created online as a manifestation of the PTSD quality of avoidance. To avoid thinking of her own trauma, she lives in another world. She's a seriously troubled person and hopefully she gets help and stops defrauding people.

• Love 5

Warning that I'm about to get mean(er than usual on here): .... those two guys both look 20 years younger and a whole lot more attractive (especially the dark haired on) than Meri. I can't imagine why they would be attracted to her. She's not pretty, she's old enough to be their mother....

What you posted is usually the case, but you'd be surprised Razz- some even prefer older, believe it or not.  Usually it's the case where you see the hot young model chick with some older dude but the younger guy after older has his own reasons, and one of them can be that they like the idea that she has some life experience as well as less drama and unpredictability as the 'ingenue'.  Sure, it isn't common, but it does happen.  That said, Meri doesn't seem to fit the sophisticated, knows-what-she-wants, self-possessed older woman type.

What you posted is usually the case, but you'd be surprised Razz- some even prefer older, believe it or not.  Usually it's the case where you see the hot young model chick with some older dude but the younger guy after older has his own reasons, and one of them can be that they like the idea that she has some life experience as well as less drama and unpredictability as the 'ingenue'.  Sure, it isn't common, but it does happen.  That said, Meri doesn't seem to fit the sophisticated, knows-what-she-wants, self-possessed older woman type.

Fuck no.  Meri is the epitome of drama, and honestly, I think Mariah would be devastated.  I'm really wondering what Mariah is thinking right now.  She's the only Brown kid we know of that was all gung ho about plyg life.

• Love 1
She's a seriously troubled person and hopefully she gets help and stops defrauding people.

She can get counseling when they finally send her to prison for taking money under false pretenses like her mother before her.  Someone that lives for the sole purpose of hurting other people is sociopathic. 

• Love 6

Wow, the catfish is all upset today.  Seems it watched some preview of the next show in which Meri denies meeting "him" and having sex.  He's reposted all the voicemails and messages from Meri that make reference to them being "intimate" as proof he is not lying.

Uhhhm ...  didn't this clown supposedly post a video of him and Meri having sex and (pretend he) gave a select few people the password needed to view it?  Isn't that the best proof they really hooked up?  Funny, the catfish has stopped mentioning this tape.  Hasn't brought it up in a long time.  He didn't even make reference to it in his blog today where the whole thing is devoted to listing all the so-called proof he has that he and Meri had sex.  I wonder why he has dropped this particular little nugget from his repertoire, hmmm....

Also the catfish is claiming someone at TLC thinks Meri is lying and they reached out to him for help in coming up with questions for Meri to answer on the final show:

A TLC employee has befriended me because she thinks Meri is lying based on the editing material she has seen. She has been asking me questions so they know how to handle the show to make it more interesting. And know how to ask or phrase certain questions that they would never think to ask her.

I'm not sure if this particular lie is more intended to make the catfish seem important to the readers of the blog, or to make Meri fear that someone from TLC is doubting her and she is being set up.  Probably a little of both.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

I really thought the catfish was going to slip into obscurity once it came out who they are in real life, and that this was a catfish situation... But JO is going to hold on until the bitter end. IF "Sam" was really this outraged over Meri's denial, I'm sure any number of news programs would love to let him come share his side of the story. But it's pretty hard to have a guest that doesn't exist.

• Love 7

You know the reverse image search program, Tineye? You can plug in a picture and it will tell you where that image appears elsewhere on the internet (I used it once to find where I could buy this couch I had saved a picture of).   Anyway, I have been wondering if that is why JO is using the picture that shows only half of Sam's face, because it would make it more difficult for someone to trace the picture and expose JO as a fraud ... 

Maybe someone here knows more about how Tineye works than I do and can enlighten us. 

I don't know what Tineye is, but Google Image Search does the same exact thing. I used it often.

If you venture into www.notbatmanyet.com, JO is just not letting go of this "Samuel" character.  The latest post ('This is both a message and a prayer') is just pure fucking delusion.  Is JO just not giving up the con or feel in love with Meri?  

Some snippets before they're deleted:

I am offering you the friendship we started out with. No one has to know, or everyone can know. We don’t have to hide us anymore. I want you to know in your life, I will always be there for you. In anyway you want because a life without you, I’m not doing that very well. I am trying Meri but looking at my future, how in the hell am I supposed to do this without you? Maybe you feel the same way too?
Stay open Meri. Stay open to me. Let’s see what could happen. Again.
You are my soulmate. You are my greatest love.
I love you Meri. I have loved you since the very first phone call when I made you laugh before you could even say Hello Samuel.You mean everything to me. And I’m here. I know we can’t talk. I know we can’t be together. I will wait for our Not Yet to maybe someday turn into the Yet we dreamed of.
Come find me my love. You found me once, you can find me again. We are fate. We are connected. We are meant. We are Serendipity.
  • Love 4

Oh, gag.

If you venture into www.notbatmanyet.com, JO is just not letting go of this "Samuel" character.  The latest post ('This is both a message and a prayer') is just pure fucking delusion.  Is JO just not giving up the con or feel in love with Meri?  

Some snippets before they're deleted:

Sick and twisted bitch. She needs a huge ass-kicking. You can't keep hitting the hornet's nest forever, though. The public knows too much about her, and the public will eat her alive due to her inability to STFU.

• Love 4

JO is one sick individual. I read her blog and it's glaringly obvious that she's lying through her teeth. I feel embarrassed for her that she truly thinks people are buying this. My take on the "We slept together. Here is the proof." business, is that they were talking dirty and Meri took that shaded photo of herself in bed (Likely at "Sam's" urging) and JO as "Sam" said "Oh, baby...why not show me more of you with better lighting. You show him everything and all I get is this dark picture? I'm so hurt." Then Meri goes on about how her hair is a mop.

I feel so bad for her that she got sucked into this and I'm of the opinion that Meri was both in love with the idea of this person and afraid of "him" at the same time. 

Edited by Nothx
  • Love 7

Another mental health professional representing! I'm an outpatient mental health provider for the VA. It's unethical to diagnose JO and probably against forum rules but... I just want to say that she presents with qualities of PTSD. I specialize in PTSD treatment but not from combat -- from military sexual trauma (1/3rd of women in military are sexually assaulted by their fellow service members; happens to men too). Anyways, I see the world that JO has created online as a manifestation of the PTSD quality of avoidance. To avoid thinking of her own trauma, she lives in another world. She's a seriously troubled person and hopefully she gets help and stops defrauding people.

I like your theory very much.  I posted something similar in a different thread except not with PTSD but I thought perhaps she was showing signs of MPD in adopting different fantasy personas and living in a fantasy world.  And MPD is also a reaction to trauma.  So I think we've both realized that it's a reaction to trauma that might be the cause of her avoiding reality through those fantasy personas, it's just what kind of trauma and when did it occur that's the question.  I also said that it looks like she has a very deep need to be in a relationship as a "man" with a hetero. woman and frauding people is the only way she can "achieve" that.  The fact that she is continuing the charade as "Sam" in that blog is telling me she is unwilling to give up the fantasy even though she is completely "outed" by this time with the public.  I think she is holding onto it because she can't face the reality and has to keep others believing it too in order to continue to not face it.  I don't think it's just to look consistent or whatever.  At this point I would think that if it were just a scam that she was fully conscious of as unreal, she would have moved on by now but she hasn't.  So I think on some level she still needs it to be her "reality" as she avoids the truth.

Was Overton in the military that we know of?  Did I miss that fact or is that part of your theory?

• Love 1

Nothx, I think you hit the nail right on the head about that photo ! I'm starting to think JO will not stop spinning her crap until people stop paying attention to it. All the people trying to prove there is no Sam on Twitter mean well, but if it hasn't worked so far it probably won't. The Brown's and TLC could have probably taken legal action against JO, but let her be for the sake of ratings. If people contacted TLC and the Brown's and threatened to boycott them if they don't take action to shut JO down, it might be more effective.

I went to the Not Batman Yet blog for the first time.

That is one sick adventure. I feel kinda weird after reading something so distrubing.

I don't understand why the Browns don't take legal action to get all that taken down or at least try. And why are the pictures of Meri so grainy...looks like they were copied/

AND WHY DOES MERI HAVE SAM'S NAME CARVED INTO HER ARM??? Meri needs to get some professional help and not that group marriage therapy they do....

Wow, this whole thing is really shocking...to see such mental health issues taken to such extreme levels.

• Love 2