Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

A. I choked on my coffee with this, but have since recovered. B "Hambeast" is now my favorite epithet and I will use it forthwith, and until it becomes ragged with wear. Please accept this gift of the entire internet today.

*Bows graciously*

JO has lost it. She has posted more FB msg screenshots. And is now pretending Meri is posting on the blog asking him to remove them. I have a feeling this whole situation is going to explode into a gorgeous mess.

• Love 2

Those had already been posted. For whatever reason Overton chose to post them again.

Yeah, why did she do that? I headed over there expecting something new. That was the edited conversation between Kendra and Meri, right?

"Sam" promises the e-book soon. Did anyone purchase it? I thought about using a Visa gift card and creating an email for the occasion but I don't trust Overton with even that. If someone ends up wth it, can you share with the rest of us.

We are probably the only 10 people on the entire planet who care to discuss this family and their drama. How can Jackie pretend to sell 6000+ copies when no one really gives a shit.

• Love 3

Probably more than 10 people, but even one person paying $6 for this drivel if it ever comes out is annoying.

No need to buy it, if it DOES come out, it's a sure thing the reality tab sites will be posting excerpts if not the entire thing.

PayPal won't give sellers the credit card info but they will give the email and mailing address to the seller.

I think Overton just reposted it so she could do a fake back and forth comments pretending to be Meri and Sam.  Just to keep interest (which has been lagging - even I don't care much anymore, I just want to see how it ends, but I'm sure it will end with a whimper rather than a bang).

Those had already been posted. For whatever reason Overton chose to post them again.

I didn't read them the first time they were posted so I didn't realize they were repeats of the supposed Kendra conversation. But definitely agree it's so she can start a drama filled dialogue between Sam and Meri in the comments section.

The one phone shot that struck me as odd is the one where they refer to Sam in the third person- but isn't it supposed to be Sam she is talking to? Someone catch me up on the Utah/Vegas version of telemundo soaps

http://i2.wp.com/www.notbatmanyet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/image-3.jpeg?w=480

"Sam" isn't part of that conversion. It's (supposedly) screenshots of text messages between Kendra (used to be one of Robyn's friends, their "stylist" in an episode - barf - but no longer a Brown-noser) and Meri.

Kendra or Meri sent them to "Sam". I'm guessing Kendra sent them to Sam.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

"Sam" isn't part of that conversion. It's (supposedly) screenshots of text messages between Kendra (used to be one of Robyn's friends, their "stylist" in an episode - barf - but no longer a Brown-noser) and Meri.

Kendra or Meri sent them to "Sam". I'm guessing Kendra sent them to Sam.

OK so why does this Kendra person give a sh*t what Meri does re 'Sam' or the show or whatever.  Why does this chick act  like it's so critical Meri do anything either way and talk to Meri like she has any say re all this? What's it to her? It would be super annoying to have a 'friend' who was not only all up in your business but to be all neurotic, bordering on hysterical 'you have to do this, omg you can't lie , that is so terrible, you have to talk to this person , you have to do this or that, blah blah' on and on. Makes me wonder why this chick was so wanting Meri to admit anything or whatever she was trying to do, like what the agenda was. 

No wonder the Brown chicks blew her off. See this is what makes it suck to confide in people, because maybe you could have just dealt with it on your own, but then you tell them, and it is they who can't handle someone ELSE's crap & ultimately make it worse for you for trusting them- and if you can't handle what someone is dumping, tell them that, say don't tell me, I don't want to know, I don't want to hear secrets etc. I just wonder how this Kendra chick found out anything to begin with. It's a side-story I guess I never followed up on. Reading those texts is exhausting, all the super emo stuff- makes me feel like I'm reading texts from teenagers.

• Love 1

I just opened a saved session in my browser and up popped the "Not Batman Yet" blog - only when I tried to refresh the link it told me "proxy access not allowed".  I even tried it from a different browser and got the same thing.  Now, I've never seen this message before on any website so I'm wondering if as some here predicted, Overton shut the blog down in the New Year.  I read that the message could be coming from the sending server - Can someone else try this and let me know?

I'm getting the same thing, Snarklepuss, on more than one browser!  Sam has unlocked his Twitter again, however! 

Behold, y'all...

CX0VyDOUoAAWb5i.jpg

(Sorry it's soooo huge!)

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 3

Dammit, I can't see anything on his blog, I'm so bummed!

Apparently, "Sam" spent his Christmas doing charity work, which for this multi-millionaire means giving away homes:

25 Days of giving Day 25 my family built a 3rd house in North Carolina, furnished it and paid off $71,613.84 for a navy family of 6.
Both parents are home on leave, both serve in the navy and lost their home due to medical bills. I just gave them the keys. Great reaction!

Nope.  If parents are active duty military, the majority of their medical costs and those of their dependents would be covered.    Also, every branch of service have emergency relief services. 

Sam and his generous family gave over a $1 M this Christmas.  The shit that JO makes up is INSANE.

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 5

"Page 2." Globe-trotting, multi-business owning, mega moguls always have time for marathons of their very favorite crap reality shows.

Saw that at lunch and almost lost what I was eating.

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think many single, straight guys watch much reality tv, let alone "Sister Wives." I'm betting 99% of the show's viewership is female. My husband makes fun of me when he catches me watching the show, and I always say, "I'm watching it so I can go online and post snarky comments about it!" but he still rolls his eyes at me. I don't think he's ever watched a reality television show in his life.

The cover art of the "book" (and the title) - OMG. It looks like the kind of art that would be on the cover of a fundamentalist Christian romance novel. It would be G-rated, of course, and feature the hero attempting to redeem himself after succumbing to devilish temptation and giving the woman he loves a side-hug, without asking permission from her father first.

• Love 6

The good news is, if JO continues to parcel out pages, no one will ever have to pony up hard-earned cash. The first and second installments are enough to confirm our suspicions that it's nothing but a badly-written wad of bullshit. I wonder if she has any understanding of libel laws. She's either going to spill actual salacious facts (albeit embroidered for our benefit, I'm sure) that she knows Meri can't credibly deny--in which case she's making herself FAR more vulnerable to a huge media reveal of her catfish self. Or she's going to dig herself into a lawsuit because she's so unstable she can't stop. Either way, I've got extra popcorn if you're hungry.

• Love 2

I've thought for awhile now that the thing with JO has the potential to be much more interesting than anything the Browns can cook up. I mean the possibilities with her, not the tedious crap she's already done.

• Love 2

The good news is, if JO continues to parcel out pages, no one will ever have to pony up hard-earned cash. The first and second installments are enough to confirm our suspicions that it's nothing but a badly-written wad of bullshit. I wonder if she has any understanding of libel laws. She's either going to spill actual salacious facts (albeit embroidered for our benefit, I'm sure) that she knows Meri can't credibly deny--in which case she's making herself FAR more vulnerable to a huge media reveal of her catfish self. Or she's going to dig herself into a lawsuit because she's so unstable she can't stop. Either way, I've got extra popcorn if you're hungry.

Oh I'm guessing that within 24 hours of the "publication" the entire thing will show up everywhere anyway. However after reading these pages I'm not exactly excited. I found it quite tedious, TBH.

One has to wonder why JO didn't use some of her book money to pay her $508 warrant.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=036N&casekey=036NTR++9901644

I wanted my book to be in my voice. To sound exactly as if I’m talking to a friend across a dinner table. Yes I am aware of grammar errors, probably misspellings and whatever else mistakes there will be. I fought with my publisher to leave it in. I don’t want it to be a cleaned up version of my story. It’s my words. Let them be as they are.

Ah yes, reputable "publishers" and "editors" are always willing to let grammar errors and misspellings appear in their work. 

Jackie needs to take a fiction writing course and channel all her imagination into writing a novel.  Hell, it could be a barely fictionalized version of a famous sister wife leaving polygamy! 

And you all will be glad to know the adoption of his cousin's twin boys is moving right along as well:

I think that’s a pretty good list. I’m working with my adoption attorney weekly to get things going. I have to go through a lot of hoops to make things happen. Even when my cousin’s daughter is willing or has already signed things a judge has to approve it all. She has to go through some mental health assessments is her next step to make sure she knows how this will impact her the rest of her life. I already went through mine. Yes I did pass it Lol I’m not crazy, despite internet rumors. It’s a lot of things to go through. It feels like I have to prove I have a safe home environment every other day. I guess I thought it wouldn’t be so hard. And it’s frustrating. If this is the process, God bless anyone that has adopted. It can really weight heavy on you. I know it’s going to be worth it, so May of 2017 isn’t a scary date to me. I just need to keep myself healthy and in a good place for the next 17 months.

Oh I'm guessing that within 24 hours of the "publication" the entire thing will show up everywhere anyway. However after reading these pages I'm not exactly excited. I found it quite tedious, TBH.

One has to wonder why JO didn't use some of her book money to pay her $508 warrant.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=036N&casekey=036NTR++9901644

I can't roll my eyes any harder. She gets herself a $55 citation and ends up with a bench warrant and a bill of over $500. What a scuz.

• Love 1

Funny, "Sam" has made no mention of the fantasy twins' non-existent father signing a fake waiver of his fictional parental rights.  Maybe Sam should ask Robyn about that since she is an expert on stuff like that, and Sam pretty much can't pretend-adopt the pretend-boys without it.  

I'm sure Jackie will rush over to her blog now and make mention of the father issue as something "lots of people " have asked about and explain to everyone why she has not mentioned the the fake father (I am sure it's because "Sam" is just so considerate that way and wanted to leave Mystery Dad out of things for some kind-hearted reason).   But the truth is Jackie is just a fool who can't even make a up a decent lie any more because she is in over her head.  Minor details like getting permission from the birth father to adopt never even occurred to her as she was spinning her yarn, obviously.  That's why she has never mentioned it.

FYI, someone named Vic something on the twitter is shooting down the nonsense "Sam" is claiming by doing actual research.  Turns out there is no company registered under the name SJC investments and there is no one in America named Samuel Jacob Cooper who possesses a pilot's license.  Man, Jackie is just really stupid because that stuff is so easy to check up on.  

• Love 3

Like the old saying goes: the higher the monkey climbs, the easier it is to see her ass. She got a taste for scamming the gullible or dimwitted, and started thinking she was more clever than everyone. Sorry, Jackass, but if brains were black powder, you'd barely be able to light your cigarette.

• Love 5

I was able to see the blog today on another computer.  I'll have to check the first computer again to see if I'm only blocked out on that one.  She's posted a couple of chapters so far and one other post since the new year.  The writing is atrocious. 

• Love 1

The writing is atrocious. 

I find it hysterically funny that "Sam" claims to have fought with his publishers to leave in all his misspellings and grammatical errors so that the book would "sound like him."  How ridiculous.  That is right up there with "him" claiming to demand the book cost $6 exactly, one dollar for each month of his relationship with Meri, lol.  It's just so silly  .... and then he turned around and claimed they have actually known each other much longer, but he "can't talk about it."   What the hell, you can write a book about your supposed affair, but you can't say when exactly you met?  Huh?  You can post a sex tape of the two of you online for strangers to see, but talking about the actual date of your first meeting is off limits?  Seriously?  

Whatever happened to that sex tape, anyway?  It seems to have just magically disappeared.  Why, it's almost as if it never even existed .... 

I was able to see the blog today on another computer.  I'll have to check the first computer again to see if I'm only blocked out on that one. 

I was actually blocked for a while, but when Looney Tunes started offering her book for sale she coincidentally announced she was unblocking all previous offenders out of the goodne$$ of her heart.  I guess she thinks some of us hate her enough to actually send her money and our personal information.  Uhm, nope.  Especially not when she herself is leaking her own book page by page every day.  Why pay for it?

Also the little shit said "he" is going to be releasing the book on a certain day "because he can" and everyone will understand why.  Hmm, gee, what could that special date possibly be?   According to the Google,  Meri's birthday is January 16th, hmm ... I wonder when the book is going to be released, when could it be?

• Love 3

Oh yessss, we're getting Sam's backstory on Page 3 of "Almost Meri'ed."

Also, he's donating all the proceeds to polygamy escape groups.  What a saint!

My mom came from money. Not her family was well off. I’m talking money. Big amounts of money and they made everyone realize it. My dad married her in spite of that, well, because of me. They got pregnant unexpectedly and my grandmother told him he would marry her or else. The or else would be blacklisted for any kind of job in a 5 county area. Which literally would have been the death to his construction business.

I was really dumb when I was younger. Maybe not dumb, just naive. I still am.
Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 1

I just skimmed Page 3.  If I had written a similar piece in 5th grade, I would have received a D grade at best.

Flashing on an old Cathy comic - after reading something for Mr. Pinkley, she throws it down and says "DRIVEL! DRIVEL! DRIVEL!!!"

that about sums THIS up.

• Love 3

Another psychotic update from JO.

Ebook publisher has zero budget for marketing and advertising her Ebook so she's using the tabloids to put it our there.

Sold over 500 more copies in past 2 days and will donate it all to polygamy escape groups.

Will also support any charities that help men and women in polygamy (if there are any). WTF??

She's proud of dealing with all of this stuff with as much grace and dignity as I can. (her words)

About her Ebook cover:

To answer the question I get daily, NO that is NOT the cover of my ebook. That is the most ridiculous cover art the publisher sent to me as a sample and I crack up laughing every time I see it. My cover is a lot simpler and better than that.

I went hiking this past weekend. Man my legs were on fire. I woke up the next day like the old man I’m becoming. I thought to myself why did you hike in the canyon for over 2 hours, was it worth it now, big guy? Lol No! I’m in great shape but apparently not hiking shape.

She's a south paw (cue Rocky theme song) eye of the tiger?

I joined a local gym. I’ve been going after work at night. 5:30 to 7pm. I’m hitting the weight room hard. And doing a little boxing. I have never put on boxing gloves to work out before. I’ve been in a lot of fist fights but I found out my technique of just slugging the heck out of someone as hard as I can just doesn’t work on a big bag. It just makes your hand really sore. I’m a lefty so sparing with some other boxing guys is a huge advantage. I can slip a quick uppercut in there and they don’t see it coming. It also sucks because I am not set up to watch out for any hook shots that come back at me Lol Southpaw FTW!

• Love 1

JO is so fused to this "Sam" character that she created. It's insane! At what point does she just disappear and stop posting? She's up there with Daniel Day Lewis and other method actors.

For the curious, her three pages rate at 4th - 5th grade reading level when reviewed with comprehension software. Borderline IQ CEO -- reminds me of a classic SNL skit -- "Caveman Lawyer". The only thing Sam can run is a run on sentence.

• Love 5

Sorry I have to laugh at someone presumably slim getting so worked out over a two-hour canyon hike, maybe "Sam" needs to see a cardiologist, LOL.  Or JO lose some of her considerable, knee-crushing girth.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3
My mom came from money. Not her family was well off. I’m talking money. Big amounts of money and they made everyone realize it.

Is this even written in English?  Makes no sense at all. Yeesh!

• Love 1

I'm enjoying JO's tailspin into madness.  The writing is laughably bad, and the fact that she is so stubbornly sticking to her alt persona is hilarious.  It's not even believable at this point and I'm half thinking she's trolling us.  I can't wait to see what 2016 brings to Sam!  How many houses will he build?  How many orphans can he adopt?  What other feats will he pull off?

• Love 4

She's posted the rest of the promised free pages. It is so obvious it's being written as JO posts it. On page 4 she went off on a diatribe about how her writing was going to drive the grammar Nazis crazy AND she used 2 big words.

Trying to get that writing up to 6th grade level, eh JO?

• Love 2

There are many things about her male persona that confuse me but the main one is why the height? Why ''6'6'' exactly? Is that significant of something? Overcompensating for being a dumpy, fat woman? Does she need that to reinforce the farce she is perpetuating? Was her dad short, therefore inadequate in her mind? Would that be the height she would prefer, on the miraculous off chance she could actually attract a man? Is that the ideal she thinks actual attractive women strive for?

And the rest..vegan, strong, wealthy, pilot and now boxing? And what multimillionaire gets into physical fights? 'He' wouldn't be a millionaire for long doing that. 

And the above replies about owning her own gym..so true. She really dropped the imaginary ball on that one. And there is no doubt she is reading here. And the more she writes the more she exposes about her real self. You can see how she is struggling and making more mistakes as she goes along. Not nearly as much research as she was doing on aspects of her phony character.

It's very interesting and extremely funny to watch.

• Love 6

The stream-of-consciousness drivel in the "excerpts" sounds like it's probably heavily based on JO's actual life experiences (a drunken parent, lazy asshole uncles), then gussied up with fantasy details. Her constant direct address of the reader is the dead giveaway into her nutty narcissism. Even when she's alone in a room, laboring over her "book," she senses the whole world's eyes peering over her shoulder. But it's the comments that give me real heebie-jeebies. The bitch is actively, strenously talking to herself, making up voices of admireres (Norwegian book clubs! Big time!) She can't see how her own bland, self-absorbed voice comes through loud and clear, no matter how hard she tries diversify.

I really was impressed that she dug a couple of words out of a thesaurus, though. "Subjective." oooooh. aaaaah.

• Love 3

The stream-of-consciousness drivel in the "excerpts" sounds like it's probably heavily based on JO's actual life experiences (a drunken parent, lazy asshole uncles), then gussied up with fantasy details. Her constant direct address of the reader is the dead giveaway into her nutty narcissism. Even when she's alone in a room, laboring over her "book," she senses the whole world's eyes peering over her shoulder. But it's the comments that give me real heebie-jeebies. The bitch is actively, strenously talking to herself, making up voices of admireres (Norwegian book clubs! Big time!) She can't see how her own bland, self-absorbed voice comes through loud and clear, no matter how hard she tries diversify.

I really was impressed that she dug a couple of words out of a thesaurus, though. "Subjective." oooooh. aaaaah.

That's exactly what I mean, you phrased it much better than I did. I wondered if anyone else saw that is what she is doing. A good psychiatrist might be able to accurately describe her life by reading her blog. But then he would probably die from boredom.

Btw..she's going to be a groomsman and going to a bachelor partyYet more reinforcements to her manhood..along with big guy. So obvious.

Every she does that I can see her in all her rotund glory, typing away in the spare bedroom of her mom's trailer, gnawing on a chicken leg with grease dribbling down her jowls, frantically chanting "I am a man dammit".

Edited by BasqueGirl
  • Love 1

There are many things about her male persona that confuse me but the main one is why the height? Why ''6'6'' exactly? Is that significant of something? Overcompensating for being a dumpy, fat woman? Does she need that to reinforce the farce she is perpetuating?

JO likes to assign very specific traits to her fake personas, probably because she thinks it makes them seem more real. Who runs around describing themselves like "Sam" does? 6'6, vegan, Catholic, etc. My husband is 6'4, and if you asked him to describe himself, I don't even think he'd bring up his height. He'd be more like, "describe myself? Uh, well, I'm a...guy." But then again, he's a real person.

Like ya'll, I'm highly amused by JO's absurd fantasy life and her dedication to her online personas. You never know what to expect on "Sam's" blog. Will he announce that he adopted every orphan in Ethiopia and he's personally flying a Concorde jet to pick all of them up? Will he cure cancer? Will he save the President from an assassination attempt? Will he propose to his latest lady love, only to dramatically leave her at the altar, after announcing that Meri is his One True Love? Stay tuned!

• Love 4

All of course without any notice by anyone in real life. 

Starting with the texts from the Disney trip, when Sam purportedly met Meri and Mariah.  I think that people would notice some 6'6" dude, wearing dress shorts, short sleeve shirt and a TIE at Disneyland.  and if they had sex the night before (as JO stated) why would Meri need a description of his apparel to identify him??

• Love 5