Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I would have been happy for Meri if she met a nice man and ran off. Her daughter is grown, and there's no reason for her not to be happy. I think her misery in recent episodes is totally real, although the constant scenes with her sitting in front of the computer are either staged or reruns of different parts of the same scene to make it look like she was on there all the time during filming.

The Brown adults never directly address why NONE of their older children except Mariah want to live polygamy themselves. If it was really their religion, it would be a big deal for almost all the kids to break away like that.

• Love 5

Heh. My Christmas/Easter Presbyterian (SHAAAAAAAAAAAARKS!!!!!!!) family flipped out when I attended a Baptist church in college. Good point, Kellyee.

Either they really don't give a flip (religion, schmeligion...) or they're going to great lengths to hide that little bit of family "reality." Might cramp their crap fiction they're trying to con us into buying.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

Uh-oh, I say loyer, too. Is it a western US thing? I grew up in Washington.

I also say aigs instead of eggs; so does Sandra Lee, and she was routinely mocked for it on TWOP. She grew up in Wasdhington, too. I guess weez toks funny.

Tabbygirl, as long as you don't marry, then divorce Kody "for the kids", spray tan yourself into orange oblivion, wear skin-tight jeans, or encourage Mariah's brattiness, then you're ok ;)

• Love 3

The Brown adults never directly address why NONE of their older children except Mariah want to live polygamy themselves. If it was really their religion, it would be a big deal for almost all the kids to break away like that.

I think this is really odd, too, that they don't appear super concerned that the kids don't want to live polygamy. If Polygamy is the biggest divider of the 'true' church and the only way to reach the highest levels of heaven, they you'd think they'd be concerned that their kids were - for lack of a better term - denying the faith or backsliding. I get that the adult Browns want to come off as Vegas and modern and chill, but I seriously think they're just selfish. They're too busy creating drama amongst themselves to be concerned that the kids are falling away from their faith. Maybe they have discussions we don't see, or they think the kids will eventually come back around and be polygamists.

Since the 1930s, my family has had some huge divisions/arguments over people changing various denominations, because we're almost all people of faith, and it's hard to understand and accept why a person would go against the whole family culture and also against what (you think) God has directed. We all 'get over it' and haven'e shunned anyone, but there have been a whole lot of arguments and discussions, ranging from Old School, Pre-Vatican II Italian Catholics vs. Modern Catholics vs. Methodists vs. charismatics vs. fundie Baptists, etc. There's always a 'WHY would you want to change, those people do XXXX, and that's WRONG" element. Sometimes it is hardcore doctrine differences, sometimes it's just the time services start or something equally irrelevant.

The Browns just don't seem to show this, except in the one instance where Christine was terrified that her kids were going to a Presbyterian youth event when they first moved to Vegas. I think it was Presby. It was a casual, Protestant, pretty generic youth group, IIRC. But, I do completely understand where and isolated Christine, who grew up totally ingrained in AUB and fearful of even mainstream LDS, would be concerned that her kids were learning something harmful to their spiritual well-being. 

• Love 2

I also say aigs instead of eggs; so does Sandra Lee, and she was routinely mocked for it on TWOP. She grew up in Wasdhington, too. I guess weez toks funny.

ha, I say loyer too.  it's all good

I would have been happy for Meri if she met a nice man and ran off. Her daughter is grown, and there's no reason for her not to be happy. I think her misery in recent episodes is totally real, although the constant scenes with her sitting in front of the computer are either staged or reruns of different parts of the same scene to make it look like she was on there all the time during filming.

My guess is this....the crew probably has boatloads of film and then cobble it together to make an episode, 60 minutes worth out of hours and hours of filming.  So when this catfish business broke, they went back to footage and are pouncing on this new idea. 

• Love 1

Just for shits n giggles I checked the Not Batman Yet blog. Overton's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Meri was definitely losing interest- I mean I would too if I never met the guy. Ha.

Edited to add - these texts aren't showing ol' Sam in a good light at all. Telling Meri to go ahead and call but then send her to voicemail??

Edited by DakotaJustice

I grew up in Warshington, my husband from Oregon is always making fun of my accent! Lmao!

• Love 1

Just for shits n giggles I checked the Not Batman Yet blog. Overton's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Meri was definitely losing interest- I mean I would too if I never met the guy. Ha.

Edited to add - these texts aren't showing ol' Sam in a good light at all. Telling Meri to go ahead and call but then send her to voicemail??

IIRC, didn't they end their "affair" in August? And "Sam" is up to August tenth in his tedious play-by-play recitation of their every communication .... so this is coming to an end soon, right??

It's funny "Sam" is talking about how he is going to be getting busy writing his book, lol. I think in the eleventy thousand blog posts, he pretty much said it all. What is there left to say or reveal .... except of course for the one thing everyone keeps asking for - a picture of him and Meri together. But we all know that ain't happening.

• Love 1

True, it just isn't possible to present a photo of Sam, because we know he does not exist. However, Jackie's "ballsiness" to continue portraying Sam may have more gullible people believing! Kody's tweet comparing Notbatmanyet to Santa Clause was actually prophetic- Sam is about as real as Santa, yet inspires believers in the gullible minded. The crap she writes is silly, but like it or not, she does have a certain talent for writing in a specific genre, and could actually earn some money if she directed her efforts in a healthier direction!

• Love 1
Tonight's show should be EPIC

Yes, it should be, but we'll see if they don't give us 59 minutes of the usual followed by 1 minute of Meri crying (and POSSIBLY  talking about the catfish).  Then, they'll do the "Next time on Sister Wives..." and we'll have to wait another week.  We all know this show really knows how to draw out a storyline,  and always manages to give us a different story altogether.  It could be that Meri crying about what she brought into the family could be something as simple as the flu. 

• Love 1

Paging Dr. Phil! Paging Dr. Phil! That would be awesome (I think thats the first time I ever used the words " Dr. Phil" and "awesome" in the same paragraph).

If only it would really happen... but of course even if the Browns are willing to talk about the catfish on their show, they would never go on his program and discuss it. He would insist they address their effed-up family relationships that lead to the whole thing, and they would never do that.

But Overton's has catfished other people right? I really hope Dr. Phil is digging around trying scrounge a show out of their stories. He could mention Meri and the Sister Wives in passing - the catfish is out of the bag, so to speak, now that it is going to be included on their show, after all. It's not just a rumor any more. Dr. Phil may not be able to really focus on Meri without her participation, but he could sure do an expose on Overton and her other victims. I'd love to watch that.

• Love 1

The Browns don't know much but they know what side their bread is buttered on and who supplies said butter.

TLC more than likely gave the Browns and the production company an ultimatum: that ratings are mediocre even with the divorce/remarriage/adoption folderol. The catfishing is really their last chance to pull the ratings up, because really who gives a rats ass about Robyn having yet another baby? Thats the goal anyway right?

• Love 2

I totally agree. This catfish thing could be a ratings goldmine, if they would really "go there." But I am expecting the same whitewashing of the story many others here are anticipating.

Please let me be wrong!

ETA: As promised, Jackie posted some pictures last night ... mostly of Meri's furniture .... her empty living room, a chair. None of Meri and "Sam" together, what a surprise.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

The catfish Ep is actually next week.,.tonights just the road trip to Alaska and the sex of the baby. Zzzzz of course they'll allude to it, as they've done the last couple of episodes.

ETA: As promised, Jackie posted some pictures last night ... mostly of Meri's furniture .... her empty living room, a chair. None of Meri and "Sam" together, what a surprise.

Ha! I saw that too...Overton probably snapped those when she was helping Meri fill LIV orders.

• Love 1

Yeah...one lady she scammed out of 25k and her DOG!!!

She catfished a young mother who recently lost her husband in a tragic accident.  She always finds a way to pounce on the vulnerable

I despise this nasty piece of human excrement and hope she ends up in jail where she belongs.

Edited by Schmoopy
  • Love 7

Isn't it interesting how we all understand where the truly interesting seams of ratings gold could be mined on their show if they were actually willing to go there? And yet...and yet...they basically never do. Even when there is going to be a moment or two that are of interest to viewers, e.g., Meri tearfully signing her divorce papers and stating that she can't figure out why she's so emotional about it (*sigh--no one can actually be that deluded, can they??)--even then, they bury that tiny nugget in a big wad of time-wasting bullshit so boring it could put a meth addict into delta sleep. The endless teasers that fall before AND after every commercial, only to be repeated in real time. I swear to the baby jebus, the one hour episodes only have about 17 minutes of actual footage, and most of it is peripheral crap. Maybe I should go on Fivrr and pay someone to tape just the relevant minutes and send it to me once a month.

Nah.

• Love 5

The endless teasers that fall before AND after every commercial, only to be repeated in real time. I swear to the baby jebus, the one hour episodes only have about 17 minutes of actual footage, and most of it is peripheral crap. 

I usually watch this show from my DVR and fast forward through commercials.  I swear sometimes I have to go back and forth three or four times to figure out where to hit "play" because they show the same scenes before commercials and after commercials and then again during the show so much, I don't know what the hell I'm watching. 

Even when there is going to be a moment or two that are of interest to viewers, e.g., Meri tearfully signing her divorce papers and stating that she can't figure out why she's so emotional about it (*sigh--no one can actually be that deluded, can they??)--even then, they bury that tiny nugget in a big wad of time-wasting bullshit so boring it could put a meth addict into delta sleep.

SOOO TRUE!  I wish they would just let a scene develop, let someone take a thoughtful pause and share something more than some quick thought designed to move the storyline along to the next scene.  Let some emotion emerge.  Tell me something about these people I didn't already know.

For example the building the boats to race ... I didn't give nearly as much of a damn about the race as I did the dynamics of the relationships that were *almost* revealed while the building process was going on.  Like when Janelle said she knew there was going to be drama and that is why she was constructing her own boat, I wanted to hear MORE.  Not see a rapid fire cut to Kody yelling for his black paint or some stupid crap about getting the boat to fit in the truck.  Sheesh.   It just doesn't seem like the producers understand what the audience is interested in at all.

If they give Meri more than one uninterrupted minute to talk about WHY she was so vulnerable to a catfish, I'll die of shock.  That is what I am most interested in hearing about on next week's show.  But the producers will find some way to make it boring, and probably leave miles of interesting tape of Meri expounding on the situation on the cutting room floor.  Because they need to show us someone buying another damn cake or something.  Again. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8

I don't know how to feel about Meri anymore.

She fell in love with Kody knowing he was a polygamist.  Wives were added.  Meri could only given Kody one child, but she had the upper hand because she was the legal wife.  When Robyn entered the picture (with Meri's approval, I seem to remember), things changed.  My feeling is that Robyn and/or Kody probably dropped hints as subtle as anvils on Meri's head about what would happen if anything were to happen to Robyn, and then kids would leave the family, etc.  So Meri divorces Kody "for the kids."  It's clear she did not want to do this, but knew that she was backed into a corner by the rest of the family, and above all else, she needed to stay relevant to Kody, and by extension, Robyn.  A very lonely and very likely depressed Meri entered into an online catfish scheme.  Not only was she made a fool of, she now has to live with the fact that this makes Kody look bad (which he does perfectly well on his own, but as a wife, she needs all the approval she can get from that man).  She also has to deal with the other wives using Meri's fall from grace as a way to elevate themselves in Kody's eyes - which, based on her statement at the end of yesterday's teaser when she said she had no one to talk to - I'd imagine that approaching another wife about her feelings about someone outside her marriage was something she simply could not do.

So, to summarize: she made this bed with Kody willingly and with open eyes.  She was mean to the other wives.  She demanded things for herself and Mariah that rightfully should've gone to the wives with more children.  She was more or less forced into a divorce, and she was catfished.  Now she is broken.

Do we feel sorry for her?  This is what I struggle with.  Is it karma?  I don't know, but I do know that while I watch this show, seeing a broken-down woman who thought she might've found a smidgen of happiness and confidence with an online predator is just so very sad.

• Love 17

I'm not completely sure that Meri fell in love with Polygamist Kody. He converted as an adult who had already completed LDS mission work in TX. She knew him prior to his conversion and most likely fell in love with him when he was monogamist. She seems like the type who'd be willing to do anything to keep a man. Want me to convert? Sure. She was okay with her fat ex-sister in-law to become #2 because she wasn't a threat. At that point she had no idea that she'd only have one child.

• Love 7

Kody has said that Meri was the one who had initially brought up the idea of welcoming another wife. Boy, she really shot herself in the foot.

Before they started dating, Kody joined Meri's church and community because he was interested in learning about polygamy.  "Unattractive", "lonely" Meri would have done anything to snag the cute guy, including lying to herself.  Meri would have others believe that she is happy being a polygamist and doesn't mind sharing her husband, but clearly, she does.  Just ask Janelle. 

• Love 12

Before they started dating, Kody joined Meri's church and community because he was interested in learning about polygamy.  "Unattractive", "lonely" Meri would have done anything to snag the cute guy, including lying to herself.  Meri would have others believe that she is happy being a polygamist and doesn't mind sharing her husband, but clearly, she does.  Just ask Janelle. 

I think this is spot on.

And the "adoption" reason was just an excuse and plotline.  Kody probably could've cared less.  The two real motives for the divorce were:

• Kody didn't want to be married to Meri anymore, he's in love with Robyn now.
  • Keeping the show going (this was more than likely the reason given by Kody to Meri - I can envision it now:  "No show, no money - we need to do SOMETHING to keep the show on the air otherwise we will have to leave Vegas and go back to Lehi.  It's on YOU, Meri.")
  • Love 8

Kody has said that Meri was the one who had initially brought up the idea of welcoming another wife. Boy, she really shot herself in the foot.

Kody lies a lot.  And if he kept talking about wanting to be a polygamist until Meri said "OK, let's do this.", he'd have no problem saying "Hey, it was Meri's idea."  I got the impression that he refused to marry Meri until she agreed to polygamy.  Maybe he went the passive aggressive route.

"Meri, I love you, but I've been talking a lot to my dad.  You know, since he's converted to the original Morman ideal of polygamy, he's feeling so much happier.  He's so...fulfilled.  I know you grew up in polygamy, so you know what I mean.  I know that until now I wanted monogamy, but I'm having doubts.  But if we were to get married, I think I might want to have other 'spiritual' wives.  Think about it, OK?"

"Meri?  I still love you, but this polygamy thing is something I think I've been called to do.  It's more holy, you know.  I get a whole planet in the afterlife with my wives and kids.  I want lots of kids.  Multiple wives and lots of kids will finally prove to those assholes in high school that I'm not gay.  Anyway, we'll spend eternity doing stuff that is holy and stuff.  And I'll have lots of sex with my wives, and you'll all just hang around looking great because there are no fat or ugly people in the afterlife.  We're all be the perfect age, we'll all have perfect bodies, perfect facial features, and perfect hair.  Don't  think I'm putting you down or anything, but some cosmic improvements can't be a bad thing.  That jealousy thing you women have is just a test to be sure you're good enough for my planet.  You just suck it in, deal with it, don't make things difficult for me, and we'll all be fine.  We'll all love each other and I'll be able to have amazing sex with my wives as often as I want.  No waiting, I can be in and out in a heartbeat.  What do you think?  You want in on this?  I don't want to pressure you, but this is a time-limited offer.  Think it over, but don't wait too long."

"Meri?  You know that the first wife has the legal power (not that that really means anything, but still...).  And if I die before you, you get my social security benefits and all.  You know that the first wife sets the tone for the whole relationship thing, right?  If we get married, you'll be that all powerful first wife.  I mean, I still get some say about stuff, but...  Well, don't worry about it.  I'm sure we'd be on the same page about all that stuff."

"Meri, I still love you, but I'm feeling like you're not really in on the whole polygamy thing.  Maybe we should...  What's that?  You're OK with it?  Great!  Let's get married.  Remember, this was all your idea!"

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 14
So, to summarize: she made this bed with Kody willingly and with open eyes.  She was mean to the other wives.  She demanded things for herself and Mariah that rightfully should've gone to the wives with more children.  She was more or less forced into a divorce, and she was catfished.  Now she is broken.

Do we feel sorry for her?  This is what I struggle with.  Is it karma?  I don't know, but I do know that while I watch this show, seeing a broken-down woman who thought she might've found a smidgen of happiness and confidence with an online predator is just so very sad.

I've finally started feeling sorry for her. It was the contrast between her going to the doctor alone for her health problem and the real married couple Kody/Robin going to the doctor's together for the ultrasound. IIRC, she didn't even share her health issue with the others? And/or they did not give enough of a fuck to go with her.

I wasn't sure they were gonna go there with the catfish thing. When she was talking about "bringing this into the family," I thought she meant HPV or something. Now the catfish incident only adds further to Meri's humiliation. So yeah ... now I'm sympathetic.

• Love 3

I'm still not sympathetic, because Meri put herself in this whole mess. Even though Kody is a total ass, Meri willingly married him, knew exactly what polygamy was like when she agreed to the other three wives, and purposefully, intentionally, broke her marriage vows in pursuing another man. 

For years, she disregarded the other wives (and by extension, their children) feelings and finances, in favor of her own relationship and her daughter. She bargained wrong by bringing in Robyn, and instead of accepting her new role or leaving honestly, she had an affair. I do have some sympathy for Meri's inability to have more children, but that's about it. She's just getting a taste of her own medicine, with having a husband who ignores some wives and kids, while lavishing attention on others. 

I would love to know if Kody is actually more charismatic or attractive or has a magic wand (no gross pun intended) in person. I can't imagine falling for his BS, or continuing with it for as long as these women have. Most of the kids seem to see right through it.

• Love 6

For years, she disregarded the other wives (and by extension, their children) feelings and finances, in favor of her own relationship and her daughter

She demanded things for herself and Mariah that rightfully should've gone to the wives with more children.  

Who doesn't put their relationship with their own child over other people? Are you supposed to put someone else's children before your own?

And who decides that women with more children "rightfully" should have Meri's things? If you have three children and your neighbor has four, do you give up your things for her? Where does the bible say that women with more children deserve more than women with less? I certainly believe in giving to charity, but I don't believe that a woman should choose to have six or more children and than expect women who choose to have less (or can't have more) to provide for those children. 

• Love 2

The thing is that these children are supposed to be Meri's children as well. These aren't just neighbors either. They're her sister wives. At least that's how they want us to think about their arrangement.

Meri has stated that she wanted to bring in a wife that she could have a real sister wife relationship with, because she says that's what she always wanted. Meri makes choices thinking of her own interests, and then the repercussions blow up in her face. I don't feel sorry for her either.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 12

"Meri, I love you, but I've been talking a lot to my dad. You know, since he's converted to the original Morman ideal of polygamy, he's feeling so much happier. He's so...fulfilled. I know you grew up in polygamy, so you know what I mean. I know that until now I wanted monogamy, but I'm having doubts. But if we were to get married, I think I might want to have other 'spiritual' wives. Think about it, OK?"

Per their book Kody not only talked to his Dad but also to Meri's (polygamist) Dad about taking more than one wife. That's a lot of pressure to accept his "testimony of the pants".

They *say* that they love their "bonus kids" as much as their own but most of the documentaries on polygamy I've seen end up with each mother advocating for her own kids, which seems natural when there are several women fighting for resources and attention.

Fictional Barb on "Big Love" was the only one who truly seemed to think that bonus kids were the best thing about reluctantly agreeing to share your husband for his "Principle".

Of course on this show its well documented that Janelle and Christine worked out an apparently mutually beneficial system for several years but like most of the possible "positives" of this family, that disappeared from the screen when they left Lehi and became completely full time reality "stars". I do think Meri and the others would have gotten on better if she'd had more kids but OTOHshe's now free to spread her wings and the others aren't yet.

I do remember Robyn claiming she and Christine had become closer because they had kids of similar age, but we never saw much of that onscreen, and its very clear that Sol is King Sol and Truly gets scraps if that since Kody can't pretend to stand to be around Christine anymore.

If Kody had to pay child support through the courts, the more children the wives had, the more child support they would get from him. Yet in the Brown family Meri gets the same amount as the others. Meri is very selfish. I don't feel sorry for her.

True but especially in this religion when having babies basically *is* the woman's version, I can see why she would have fought tooth and nail against not getting a McMansion in the cul de sac (which they all felt entitled to regardless of whether any can afford it)or getting an equal share of the wives spending money, it is selfish but would have felt like even more punishment. Since they had such disparity in number of kids a fairer way would have been to separate out the wives and kids money. Each wife gets a housekeeping/personal allowance which is equal and the rest of the money is divided up per child. Then no wife has more to spend personally (pleasing Kody) and the kids are less short changed.

I suspect one reason why they didn't was because Janelle would have said "hey I earned % of the money, I should get a bonus for that", Christine would have said "I looked after 12/13 kids whilst everyone else worked, what about my bonus for that (and Janelle should give me a portion of her food money) and Meri went "I work too (on and off) and it's not my fault I didn't have more kids" etc and it would have been more complicated.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4

Kody and all other dads are responsible for supporting their children. But if your husband was previously married and had children, would you care about their welfare over your own children? I have never seen a mother put the needs of her step children over her own children.

• Love 2

Kody lies a lot.  And if he kept talking about wanting to be a polygamist until Meri said "OK, let's do this.", he'd have no problem saying "Hey, it was Meri's idea."  I got the impression that he refused to marry Meri until she agreed to polygamy.  Maybe he went the passive aggressive route.

"Meri, I love you, but I've been talking a lot to my dad.  You know, since he's converted to the original Morman ideal of polygamy, he's feeling so much happier.  He's so...fulfilled.  I know you grew up in polygamy, so you know what I mean.  I know that until now I wanted monogamy, but I'm having doubts.  But if we were to get married, I think I might want to have other 'spiritual' wives.  Think about it, OK?"

"Meri?  I still love you, but this polygamy thing is something I think I've been called to do.  It's more holy, you know.  I get a whole planet in the afterlife with my wives and kids.  I want lots of kids.  Multiple wives and lots of kids will finally prove to those assholes in high school that I'm not gay.  Anyway, we'll spend eternity doing stuff that is holy and stuff.  And I'll have lots of sex with my wives, and you'll all just hang around looking great because there are no fat or ugly people in the afterlife.  We're all be the perfect age, we'll all have perfect bodies, perfect facial features, and perfect hair.  Don't  think I'm putting you down or anything, but some cosmic improvements can't be a bad thing.  That jealousy thing you women have is just a test to be sure you're good enough for my planet.  You just suck it in, deal with it, don't make things difficult for me, and we'll all be fine.  We'll all love each other and I'll be able to have amazing sex with my wives as often as I want.  No waiting, I can be in and out in a heartbeat.  What do you think?  You want in on this?  I don't want to pressure you, but this is a time-limited offer.  Think it over, but don't wait too long."

"Meri?  You know that the first wife has the legal power (not that that really means anything, but still...).  And if I die before you, you get my social security benefits and all.  You know that the first wife sets the tone for the whole relationship thing, right?  If we get married, you'll be that all powerful first wife.  I mean, I still get some say about stuff, but...  Well, don't worry about it.  I'm sure we'd be on the same page about all that stuff."

"Meri, I still love you, but I'm feeling like you're not really in on the whole polygamy thing.  Maybe we should...  What's that?  You're OK with it?  Great!  Let's get married.  Remember, this was all your idea!"

Zahdii - somehow, you managed to get right inside Kody's brain.  Please don't stay too long, it could be very dangerous!

As for dividing things among the children - personally, I would always make sure that my own children were properly taken care of before anyone else's.  But the Browns tell us that they are all one big spiritual family.  That the children have "four mothers."  Meri divorced her husband for children that weren't technically even part of the spiritual family, but did it "for the kids."  Then, Meri gets upset when she fears she's not getting as big a slice of the pie as the moms with more kids (see: wet bar meltdown).  Meri tells us one thing, but acts another.  Either you're all one big family and you divide the assets based on the children, or you demand an equal slice because the other kids don't matter as much as yours.  Meri can't have it both ways.

• Love 10

Yes, in a general sense. But if you are living in a house with your kids, your main relationship and responsibility is to the kids you raise. Your ex has to treat all the kids the same. My response was to the comment that said: Meri puts her relationship with her daughter over her relationship with her step kids and that Meri took money that rightfully belonged to women with more children.

You are right that women should love and care for their step children, but I don't see putting them above your own children. It ends up being a circular argument. If Meri should put Janelle's kids over her own, then Janelle should put Meri's kid over her own.

Who doesn't put their relationship with their own child over other people? Are you supposed to put someone else's children before your own?

According to the Browns, they are ONE FAMILY. This is the foundation of the entire schtick they've been shilling for the past five years: that THEY have 18 children. And in a family unit, one child should never be given special perks and considerations over another. What viewers here are ponting out is the gulf of discrepancy between what they claim they are because of polygamy, and how they actually function. Meri wants to wave the public banner of "Sister Wives! All For One and One For All!!!" but stamp her wee foot in private that Mariah have a greater share than her siblings. It wildly hypocritical.

• Love 11

How do you work out who gets too much though? They live in seperate households. , they all make money from the TV show. They all seem well fed, the kids who want to go to college are able to go, no one is lacking. So it comes down to some people wanting proof that Mariah has less than the others because having more siblings entitles you to more. If they are all one family and the kids are happy than what is the problem ?

I'm thinking the issue is that Mariah shouldn't be allowed to go to the college of her choice because she is somehow inferior to Truely or Solomon. My opinion is that Mariah is just as good as the rest, she is lucky to have a mother who loves her and she is not responsible for Kody's other children.

• Love 1

According to the Browns, they are ONE FAMILY. This is the foundation of the entire schtick they've been shilling for the past five years: that THEY have 18 children. And in a family unit, one child should never be given special perks and considerations over another. What viewers here are ponting out is the gulf of discrepancy between what they claim they are because of polygamy, and how they actually function. Meri wants to wave the public banner of "Sister Wives! All For One and One For All!!!" but stamp her wee foot in private that Mariah have a greater share than her siblings. It wildly hypocritical.

THIS THIS THIS. It's 100% natural for a mother to feel more protective of her own offspring and to want to provide for them, then worry about other cubs. BUT - they Browns insist that they're one big happy family, with four mothers and kids who are all equal. Total lie. As others have said, they're one man with four babymamas all scrapping for attention and scrambling to snatch what they can from everywhere they can.

It's every man for himself. Janelle and Christine worked together the most and the best, but Christine is super quick to throw any of the kids under the bus with passive aggressive, backhanded compliments. 

• Love 10

I don't think being legal wife gave Meri any kind of power over the others, it's more about being the first wife. It seems that Meri and Kody actually fell in love, and got married, while Janelle and Christine seemed like an arranged marriage or business agreement. Robyn and Kody are like a combination- part actual love, part arranged marriage.

If they actually believe their own bullshit, then they should run the family like ONE big family, not four connected families. They should come up with a reasonable amount they are willing to contribute to any/all the kids going to college, and should one of the kids want to go to a more expensive school, then they are responsible for making up the difference ( student loans, grants, etc). I know they said it wasn't possible to build a smaller house in that subdivision, but it seems so wasteful that Meri has a five bedroom house with only her living there most of the time. She should offer a bedroom to some of the older kids - as a kind of first stop on the way of moving away from home.

• Love 7

I think being legal wife absolutely gave Meri power, because for the decades that they weren't openly polygamist, she was able to say she was Kody's wife. In public, without any hiding or shifting. Meriah could say she's the daughter in public. She never had to hide the relationship or fudge anything.

In more technical terms, as the legal wife, she had the legal rights that go along with it - access to Kody's social security benefits, employer based health insurance, power of attorney in medical situations, property rights, tax rights, etc., where the other women did not.

Plus, as much as they say it doesn't matter, it clearly does. 

• Love 10

To me they have always been more like sisters; they care about their 'nieces and nephews ' but their own children come first. I don't think this is bad though. I have read about lots of fundie households where wives are very mean to each other's kids. All the wives love the kids here, to expect more than that is unrealistic to me.

• Love 1

I don't get the "ex" part. Other than Jessop and Janelle's ex-husband, there are no exes.

Kody has only one wife, slobbin' Robyn. Christine, Janelle, and now poor Meri, are all "exes." Other than participating in free events arranged by producers/TLC and keeping his tools in their garages, he has no active relationships with the non-Robyn "wives." Robyn encourages Kody to have a relationship with Christine so that the true Mrs. Brown (Robyn, Highlander, there can only be one) doesn't have to busy her day with watching children. If Robyn didn't nudge Kody to throw Christine literal and figurative bones every now and then, Christine would be just as checked out as Meri and Janelle.

Tl;dr They're all exes just like how everyone is already infected on The Walking Dead.

• Love 6

I think being legal wife absolutely gave Meri power, because for the decades that they weren't openly polygamist, she was able to say she was Kody's wife. In public, without any hiding or shifting. Meriah could say she's the daughter in public. She never had to hide the relationship or fudge anything.

In more technical terms, as the legal wife, she had the legal rights that go along with it - access to Kody's social security benefits, employer based health insurance, power of attorney in medical situations, property rights, tax rights, etc., where the other women did not.

Plus, as much as they say it doesn't matter, it clearly does.

Yes! Christine is going to be a homeless older woman who has to live with one of her daughters --- just like her own mother -- because Social Security doesn't care if you're a "spiritual wife." With the exception of the house, Christine doesn't have a single asset or entitled benefit. When Kody is tired of pretending that they have a relationship or when Christine finally sees the light, Christine will have nothing to so for her life except her children. Luckily she seems like a good mother and one of them will take her on as a dependent. Rather. Rinse. Repeat. Polygamy is so gosh darn awesome.
  • Love 10

I don't think being legal wife gave Meri any kind of power over the others, it's more about being the first wife. It seems that Meri and Kody actually fell in love, and got married, while Janelle and Christine seemed like an arranged marriage or business agreement. Robyn and Kody are like a combination- part actual love, part arranged marriage.

I bolded this...because did Kody really fall in love with Meri?  Or Janelle, or Christine?  Or did he find three women that bought what he was selling?

Excluding Robyn, of course.  I think Kody feels like he landed the grand prize with that one.

• Love 2

Even just today, Jackie continues to exclaim that she's a real boy.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=2124

Of interest, "Lindsey" purchased $800 of that LIV crap from Meri.

Can someone let me know when he becomes Batman? Because at that point I might give a fuck.

Edit to clarify: I mean about "Sam" himself, not the fact that you posted the link, CofCinci! Quoting your post was not intended as a reply but rather a reference to his stupid URL only.

Edited by SongbirdHollow
  • Love 7

So fake!! I have access to non public databases with my job (national business development stuff) and there is no Samuel Jacob Cooper or any variation of the name as owner, agent, partner, signer, key executive, CEO, founder, exec etc ANYWHERE in the USA. No record of SJC Investments LLC in any state. No record of any one of his name with international business locations. Anywhere. No Sam Cooper with any bank accounts even!

Oh wait, there was one Samuel Cooper who died in 1947 who started a logging biz in Texas.

I sent a message to his/her blog stating so and was banned.

Wonder how long this will go on? So brazen.

For all we know, it was all dreamed up and executed by TLC.

Edited by Moooeymoo
  • Love 6

For all we know, it was all dreamed up and executed by TLC.

I don't think TLC is behind this--someone on one of these threads posted a lot of information about how this catfish person pulled a similar con on another woman, recently divorced, and conned her out of several thousand dollars. IIRC, she also conned a widow in a similar fashion but I don't remember if she got money out of her, too. 

• Love 2