Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

How did Meri think this would end? What did she think was going to happen?  Was she going to run away with Sam and leave Kody? 

Yes, I do believe that Meri was banking on leaving Kody, and running away to a better life with another man -- any other man.  When a person is so profoundly starved for affection, is it any wonder they fall for the first person who pays them any attention at all? Too bad it was a catfish scam. Otherwise I'd totally be rooting for Meri to dump the jackass and go find some happiness. At last.

• Love 11

Well, after this catfish scam, Meri is never going to leave.

She tried to dip her toe in the pool and look where that got her? Extortion and public humiliation. She is probably terrified even more to venture out and find a life for herself.

Meri is trapped even further. 

• Love 6

Yes, I do believe that Meri was banking on leaving Kody, and running away to a better life with another man -- any other man.  When a person is so profoundly starved for affection, is it any wonder they fall for the first person who pays them any attention at all? Too bad it was a catfish scam. Otherwise I'd totally be rooting for Meri to dump the jackass and go find some happiness. At last.

And what a fairytale escape it must have seemed: a guy who was handsome, who was a hard-driving, hard-working successful businessman, and who turned her head by wanting HER...ONLY HER. Sam was everything Kody is not and never has been. Kody's attention (what little attention his bumblebee intellect can muster for any one thing at a time) has forever been divided. Even when they were newlyweds, his intention was to acquire multiple coochies in which to plant his many, many Kody seeds. Yeah, that really makes me want to take a whole lot of selfies of my banana-eating.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 11

Historically there wasn't much difference between wives and slaves, both were property. Do Mormons believe slaves have to spend eternity serving their masters?

If someone never married during their life on earth or were married but not sealed for eternity, they will indeed be servants to eternally married couples and their children.

I was saying last week that I thought the Catfish's motives were money, so that article saying that is no surprise to me.  There were just too many posts in tabloids for me to believe she just did it for kicks.

And I also have been saying all along that Meri's actions are those of a desperate person looking for a "savior" to pull her out of the pit she's allowed herself to get stuck in.  But just how desperate do you have to be to fall for a scam artist like that?  Meeting up with the "assistant" should have been the major clue that this was not for real, but that just goes to show how unhappy Meri really is that she would blind herself to the blatantly obvious.  She had to be involved in fantasy/wishful thinking there.  Sorry, Meri, there is no magic way out of this mess, you just have to face it like an adult and work up the courage to move on, not latch on to what looks like an easy escape.  Even if the catfish was a real guy I know it never would have ended up good for her.  She likely would have had her heart broken ten times worse because it would be with a REAL guy.  The catfish didn't even treat her very well so it just goes to show she's used to being abused and neglected.  No wonder she's stayed with Kodouche all these years.  I hate to say it but after learning about this my respect for Meri has gone way down.  I am actually surprised at how immature and naive she really is.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4
I was saying last week that I thought the Catfish's motives were money, so that article saying that is no surprise to me.

What money? The catfisher must not be too bright because if you watch the show you can tell that Kody & crew are broke and up to their necks in mortgages. 

• Love 1

I hate to say it but after learning about this my respect for Meri has gone way down.  I am actually surprised at how immature and naive she really is.

If I had been asked to predict which sister wife would fall for a catfishing scam this way, Meri would have been near the bottom of my list.  I never would have imagined she was so naive, either.  And I would have pegged her as too high-minded about polygamy to be willing start a relationship with another man (either a fake online man or in person with a real guy).  And while I don't think any of the wives are really that thrilled with their lives, she didn't really seem that unhappy.  She seemed over Kody and had actual plans for her future once she was an empty nester.  I would not have thought she had any interest in hooking up with some dude. 

Now Christine on the other hand ... she seems as naive and trusting as a child.  And very, very lonely.  Even though I would expect her morals to keep her from actually going outside her marriage for company, I would have put her first on the list to fall for a catfish simply because she is well ... the dumbest.  And the loneliest. 

Janelle, no way.  Too smart, too independent, and I think if she really wanted to be with someone else she would just pick up and leave (again!) and then find someone.  Not creep around texting and sneaking off for a rendezvous while she was still wearing Kody's ring.  She is dead last on my list of sister wives who would fall for/be a part of such a scam. 

Now Robyn .. I don't understand her.  She seems sneaky enough to do something like hook up with someone online, but too clever to fall for a catfish.  And she seems to have Kody by the short hairs, so I don't see her as being motivated to seek out some guy's company at all.  I would vote for Robyn to be far more likely to BE a catfish than to ever fall for one.

• Love 4

If I had been asked to predict which sister wife would fall for a catfishing scam this way, Meri would have been near the bottom of my list.  I never would have imagined she was so naive, either.  And I would have pegged her as too high-minded about polygamy to be willing start a relationship with another man (either a fake online man or in person with a real guy).  And while I don't think any of the wives are really that thrilled with their lives, she didn't really seem that unhappy.  She seemed over Kody and had actual plans for her future once she was an empty nester.  I would not have thought she had any interest in hooking up with some dude. 

Now Christine on the other hand ... she seems as naive and trusting as a child.  And very, very lonely.  Even though I would expect her morals to keep her from actually going outside her marriage for company, I would have put her first on the list to fall for a catfish simply because she is well ... the dumbest.  And the loneliest. 

Janelle, no way.  Too smart, too independent, and I think if she really wanted to be with someone else she would just pick up and leave (again!) and then find someone.  Not creep around texting and sneaking off for a rendezvous while she was still wearing Kody's ring.  She is dead last on my list of sister wives who would fall for/be a part of such a scam. 

Now Robyn .. I don't understand her.  She seems sneaky enough to do something like hook up with someone online, but too clever to fall for a catfish.  And she seems to have Kody by the short hairs, so I don't see her as being motivated to seek out some guy's company at all.  I would vote for Robyn to be far more likely to BE a catfish than to ever fall for one.

I see how you might have arrived given how you see them though I see each a little different.

I see Meri as the target simply because she has way more time on her hands than the others and don't see her as any more worldly than the rest, despite whatever classes she took or job she held.

I think Christine fakes airheady more than she actually is, and is still invested in the kodster, as well as probably feels competitive with Robin, as well as being gung-ho on the plyg belief system and also having the investment of numerous kids.

Meri seems relatively guileless , let's say she doesn't come across as being all that complex- this is not to say unintelligent either, but she tends to wear her heart on her sleeve, whether she likes/dislikes a person- her fault may have been in the past with Janelle, lacking the communication skills to work things out but she doesn't seem like a plotter or schemer, though possible a bit of a control freak. 

Robin , as annoying as she can be with the Day-Un 'rill/dill

(real deal) teenager-talk and crying - seems like she wouldn't be a catfish because there's just not enough in it for her on a practical level. Remember when she was so jazzed to sign up with the Browns and kept talking about help with her kids and was whining during the courtship "but I had to move", and so much was what about me?

The real catfish- J.O. knew she was the one left behind in the dust, the one with the most time n her hands who had likely never had a relationship beyond kody and Meri comes across as someone who through sheer belief, expects the best out of other people, even if she believes she somehow has the codependent  power to make them behave differently - think back to Mexico trip, and her trying to get kody to get her feeling insecure, lonely or jealous and kody just not having any of it "what? you signed up for this, what's your problem?" 

I get the feeling he has been blowing off whatever she is going through for years. So she needed someone to talk to who wouldn't just ignore her or discount whatever she said or condescend and so on. I doubt it was all about hooking up and more about getting attention and feeling valued and cared about- this is evident in the phone recordings. If I were kody I would feel more embarrassed for myself than angry at Meri, as the whole thing screams how devalued and ignored Meri must have felt, it tells more about how he was likely treating her that we don't see on the show. Those phone calls are not about casual flirtation and hook ups, regardless of the fact the catfish wasn't real which makes the whole thing that much more sad. I hope she gets back some self-esteem and focuses more on what makes her happy rather than constantly trying to win someone's love and attention.

Maybe that is one of the reasons not having had more kids makes her sad- because maybe to her, that would have eased the loneliness and whether kody appreciated her or not, the kids would love her as I'm sure many of the other mom's kids do. I think with Robin she thought she would sort of co-parent her kids with her and have a friend as well, and Like Meri was trying to bring Robin in as her friend who was having a rough time on her own, and have control to orchestrate the whole thing but didn't expect Robin and Kody to act like love-struck teenagers taking ecstacy at a rave club to the exclusion of all else. Ugh the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Perhaps she and kody did start off 'in love' as kids- but over time, actually getting along and companionship becomes really important- likely too much was constantly happening over the years with kids, financial stuff, schedules and so on that there simply wasn't enough time to address these things as likely she didn't want to 'ruin' what little time they did have together. That and you can't get blood from a stone, right?  Much is made about how he and Janelle are 'buddies'  but I think he was like that with all the original three, and likely is starting to happen with #4 now that it is not so new anymore.

We the viewing audience are a kind of 'fifth wife' and we're crying on their group-talk couch too.

• Love 4

What money? The catfisher must not be too bright because if you watch the show you can tell that Kody & crew are broke and up to their necks in mortgages. 

I agree, but she probably made a little money from the spilling the beans with the tabloid, right?  Which isn't extortion but it's still money.

Even in the moment, two big things always were odd to me: that, one, with all of the legitimate opportunities for discrete attention from real people, she chose to carry a lot of it out in a very public setting (Twitter, for crying out loud); and two, the "person" she "fell" for was not some ordinary guy, but such a Prince Charming (in the backstory woven - literally too good to be true in this case). "He" was tall, handsome, rich, worldy, powerful, etc. And "he" chose her - and proved it in the same public setting. Hey, maybe Disneyland really does make sense...

The fact I, and many here, considered ulterior motives on her part in real time is telling but understandable: they're all a bunch of pathological liars, desperate to stay relevant. But the reality is Almost as bad in some respects: she was gullible enough, unhappy enough, to not see the major holes in the "fairy tale" unfolding around her.

Not making any retrospective claims that I knew this would happen all along, just pointing out two big things that just never added up in real time. Frankly, I would have put money on another Brown lie/scheme.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

I get the feeling he has been blowing off whatever she is going through for years. So she needed someone to talk to who wouldn't just ignore her or discount whatever she said or condescend and so on. I doubt it was all about hooking up and more about getting attention and feeling valued and cared about- this is evident in the phone recordings. If I were kody I would feel more embarrassed for myself than angry at Meri, as the whole thing screams how devalued and ignored Meri must have felt, it tells more about how he was likely treating her that we don't see on the show. Those phone calls are not about casual flirtation and hook ups, regardless of the fact the catfish wasn't real which makes the whole thing that much more sad. I hope she gets back some self-esteem and focuses more on what makes her happy rather than constantly trying to win someone's love and attention.

<snip>

Perhaps she and kody did start off 'in love' as kids- but over time, actually getting along and companionship becomes really important- likely too much was constantly happening over the years with kids, financial stuff, schedules and so on that there simply wasn't enough time to address these things as likely she didn't want to 'ruin' what little time they did have together. That and you can't get blood from a stone, right?  Much is made about how he and Janelle are 'buddies'  but I think he was like that with all the original three, and likely is starting to happen with #4 now that it is not so new anymore.

We the viewing audience are a kind of 'fifth wife' and we're crying on their group-talk couch too.

This - Ten thousand times.  I also think Meri has been putting herself behind the rest of them for years, or at least has felt that way in her head, at times feeling the satisfaction of doing something good for the family in a Christian way, but in the process totally denying her own needs.  Perhaps the divorce, being another supreme sacrifice only made that more evident to her in her feelings at a moment in her life when she has time to reflect and think to herself, "What about ME?  When is it ever going to be about ME?" (never mind that she had a lot to do with getting herself into that situation but still).  Her insistence on the wet bar when they were buying the houses and not taking less than the other women may have been coming from a growing sense of "I've been sacrificing and doing without for everyone (especially Kodouche) for years, now it's time for them to let me have something I want".  It was like a replacement for love and attention and feeling "special" that she wasn't getting.  She may have mistakenly thought that being so self-sacrificial would make her special to the Kodouche, but obviously his attention was so focused elsewhere that this could never really happen anyway even if he did appreciate it.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

I haven't seen any indication that Meri sacrificed anything for anyone in the family. She did a lot better than Janelle and Christine before Robyn came along. She had legal wife status and received the same about of money as the other two even though she only had one child. They were supportting 5/6 kids on the same amout of money that Meri was supporting one child with. Janelle has stated that in the early years of their marriage, Meri and Kody would cuddle on the couch, while she would sit off to the side by herself. Since the show started we have seen Meri get the biggest rental house and the biggest house in the cal de sac in spite of the fact that she had the least people. Meriah is attending a college that is much more expensive then the other kid's schools. In addition, Meri herself is attending college even though they have many children to get through school. I think that she's greedy and selfish.

I agree with you but note that I said the sacrifices were at least "in her mind" if not in reality.  Also, it's what she sacrificed and I personally think she made a huge personal sacrifice going into polygamy in the first place and despite pushing herself to go through with it (and Kody to some extent) for perhaps greater glory with him, the family and even God, she still has needs that are not being in this arrangement.  The material and status advantages she pushed to get were in her mind a "compensation" for what she wasn't getting in terms of emotional needs - Plus what little emotional satisfaction she was getting in her relationship with Kody seemed to diminish after Robyn came on the scene so it felt even worse.  Also she had unmet needs in terms of not being able to have more children that are also lumped into that material "compensation".  But as we all know, material things and status can't take the place of what she really needed and has sacrificed, and that's a deep, exclusive emotional bond with a man who isn't focused on so many other people in the family that he isn't able to give her that bond.  All the women to some degree have made that sacrifice in being involved in polygamy, but everybody's different and someone like Janelle might not feel quite as neglected or in need of that kind of attention the way Meri and to some degree Christine feel.

You know, the entire way to work I kept thinking that it's too bad that after this whole thing blows over Meri will likely be drinking the kool-aid, walking lock-step and chanting, "Heil Kody" again.....It's just so sad.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

"But what does this all say about the emotional turmoil your 'lifestyle' has foisted on you???" This question will be answered...right after they have a couch scene admitting on camera that Janelle was once Meri's sister-in-law and that when Kody hooked up with Robyn it wasn't his first time at the "ew, icky, a divorced woman" rodeo.

I've been watching this since day one and I've missed all the real drama behind the scenes!  Janelle was married, she was Meri's sil!???  No shit!  So much is missing from their narrative on screen.  I had no idea about 98.0% of all that I've read.   Meri....I've always felt bad for her, she's never appeared to be genuinely happy about anything ever, but this new situation, beyond the pale.   I'm wondering if she can sue this 'person' for causing alienation of affection? (if they ever do address this on the show).

• Love 2

Let's not forget that Meri was "targeted" after serendipitously bumping into the Catfish and the Catfish's then-Victim at a party where the Browns and that scummy LIV International (pyramid scheme/multilevel marketing) were trying to exploit dummies for their money. All fun and games until someone gets hurt.

If Meri wasn't trying to rob people, she wouldn't have gotten her heart broken. Like attracts like.

I didn't realize this. You mean Mary met Jackie Overton (I want to say Jackie O because irony) at an LIV pyramid selling party? Can someone tell me more, please. 

• Love 1
I think that they'll address the catfish situation, but -- as has been mentioned -- spin the hell out of it.

My guess?  When Christine demonstrated how completely she was fed up with Kody they called it PMS and she apologized heartily for the "temporary" lack of sweetness.  

They're going to blame THIS on menopause.  You know wimminfolk - hormones turn them into demons!  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

I didn't realize this. You mean Mary met Jackie Overton (I want to say Jackie O because irony) at an LIV pyramid selling party? Can someone tell me more, please.

I can't find the link right now on my phone but if you go back on this thread, you'll find a blog post from one of Jackie Overton's previous victims (woman lost $25k). Her blog post details how she went to Vegas 3 times with "Lindsey"(Sam's assistant - Jackie Overton) to rendezvous with Sam (who always had an excuse). Then went to a LIV International function and happened to met Meri.
  • Love 2

I've been watching this since day one and I've missed all the real drama behind the scenes!  Janelle was married, she was Meri's sil!???  No shit!  So much is missing from their narrative on screen.  I had no idea about 98.0% of all that I've read.   Meri....I've always felt bad for her, she's never appeared to be genuinely happy about anything ever, but this new situation, beyond the pale.   I'm wondering if she can sue this 'person' for causing alienation of affection? (if they ever do address this on the show).

Hard to believe, but in their book they actually spill info that they consistently gloss over on the show. While I don't like the idea of putting a penny in their pockets, I did buy and read the kindle version. You might find it of some interest, although it still has plenty of smarmy bullshit in it, of course, so beware.

And now I'm going to spout off a little about why I don't feel too bad about it buying the book. This isn't defensive, but to make y'all feel better if you have read the book or would like to and don't want to contribute to the Brown family coffers. :)

First, I didn't buy it in its early release days, so I didn't contribute to it briefly hitting the bestseller lists. They hit the best seller list because they had a big rush of sales within a short period of time at date of publication. And that, as we all know, is because they have a TV show.

Second, as a writer I can tell you that New York publishing does not give lucrative royalty terms to single-book, flash-in-the-pan authors, not even Z-list pseudo-celebrities like this herd. Even authors who are actual writers producing real books on a regular basis are finding it tough to survive on the pitiful terms offered by traditional publishing these days. The Browns likely earn somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15% of sales, with a chunk of that going to their agent, if they have one (which they probably do...I've seen their collective negotiating skills, and Simon & Schuster doesn't have the time or patience to listen to a tap dance by Goldilocks Brown).

Looking at their sales rank on Amazon indicates that they still sell some books, but the numbers are poor to middling--they are likely selling in the neighborhood of 5-6 books a day on Amazon, netting them maybe $275 a month, total (and no doubt that number declines during the hiatus months of their show). Probably doesn't even pay the power bill on half their homes. The likelihood that there are many new print copies of their book still for sale out there in brick and mortar stores is negligible, since their only reprint happened more than two years ago, and if they were moving books, they'd have had another reprint since then. 

Finally, there are probably copies in some libraries and used bookstores by now, and if not, there are used copies for sale on Amazon--and the Browns don't make a single penny on the sale of a used book. So if you're curious, friends, you can read with a clear conscience. :)

• Love 7

This - Ten thousand times.  I also think Meri has been putting herself behind the rest of them for years, or at least has felt that way in her head, at times feeling the satisfaction of doing something good for the family in a Christian way, but in the process totally denying her own needs.  Perhaps the divorce, being another supreme sacrifice only made that more evident to her in her feelings at a moment in her life when she has time to reflect and think to herself, "What about ME?  When is it ever going to be about ME?" (never mind that she had a lot to do with getting herself into that situation but still).  Her insistence on the wet bar when they were buying the houses and not taking less than the other women may have been coming from a growing sense of "I've been sacrificing and doing without for everyone (especially Kodouche) for years, now it's time for them to let me have something I want".  It was like a replacement for love and attention and feeling "special" that she wasn't getting.  She may have mistakenly thought that being so self-sacrificial would make her special to the Kodouche, but obviously his attention was so focused elsewhere that this could never really happen anyway even if he did appreciate it.

I think the total opposite about Meri. It's always been the Kody and Meri show, with the others picking up the scraps. She's put Kody and then herself way above the rest of them, to a very extensive discrepancy, and it's finally caught up with her. She had the legal status, the biggest house, the best trips, the most alone time with Kody, the biggest budget (you can never convince me the budgets were equal when the amount was split per household, NOT per person), etc. 

She had to have the 'best' and the 'most' of everything (even though her taste is beyond tacky, it is expensive), and ended up alienating Janelle and Christine. She didn't give an ounce of caring about them or their kids, unless it was to show off to Kody. The whole reason they had that weird set up at the old house, with multiple apartments connected, and then separate rentals and then McMansions, is because Meri is difficult to live with. Janelle left at one point, because Meri was so awful to live with.

When the whole Robyn situation backfired and Stealth Robyn out Meried Meri, Meri tried to find a sneaky way out. Instead of just calling it quits, she had to sneak around and try to out maneuver the rest of them with this Sam person. Meri wanted to have a wealthier, taller, overall better 'wouldn't take much, just sayin') man to run off with. If Sam had really been Mr. Better Than Kody, she would've smugly jumped ship with some 'you can't tell a person who to love, we're soul mates who finally found each other' BS.

Do I blame her for wanting to leave the Brown family? No. Do I think she put herself in this whole mess with the catfish? Absolutely. Do I think the Catfish is dishonest for lying and crude for posting intimate info online? Absolutely.Do I think Meri deserves what she's getting? You reap what you sow.

• Applause 1
  • Love 14

In their 'culture' which they can say isn't associated with flds but all of it springs from the same tree- the women are rewarded for eternally sacrificing even things which are basic human needs and totally valid to want , the more you throw yourself under the bus, the more 'special' and into the whole role you are. Ugh.

Those are just words, such as one might say to a dog. Good girl. Pat on the head. The giving or withholding of love or being forced to trade basic needs or dignity for that 'love' is a form of manipulation and abuse. All the wet bars and same allowance and all that material crap , as well as whatever BS words kody spouts to make her feel better -again, just words, not actions- 'you'll always be my first (first whatever, first love, first anything) Meri, no one and nothing can ever change that..' you just know he knows just the right BS phraseology to spew that she will buy.

When types like this sense they can't win anymore with their BS, they abandon the 'sale'. I think in Mexico he even used the expression "I can't win". .It really is like sales in trying to manipulate the person into buying whatever it may be, vitamin juice, advertisements or a belief that that person has your best interests at heart and cares for you. The more the person tries, the more you should get your warning flags up that they are trying to convince you for a reason. See book by Gavin De Becker, 'The Gift of Fear' re these type of commonly used manipulation tactics.

I haven't seen any indication that Meri sacrificed anything for anyone in the family. She did a lot better than Janelle and Christine before Robyn came along. She had legal wife status and received the same about of money as the other two even though she only had one child. They were supportting 5/6 kids on the same amout of money that Meri was supporting one child with. Janelle has stated that in the early years of their marriage, Meri and Kody would cuddle on the couch, while she would sit off to the side by herself. Since the show started we have seen Meri get the biggest rental house and the biggest house in the cal de sac in spite of the fact that she had the least people. Meriah is attending a college that is much more expensive then the other kid's schools. In addition, Meri herself is attending college even though they have many children to get through school. I think that she's greedy and selfish.

Ok so she was legal wife and only had one kid, thus more money to spend and more room in her house etc, but keep in mind these are things not 'given' but happened by default- it's ultimately fighting over scraps rather than actually being given something. Her going to college I would bet at a state school is likely not all that much considering what they are earning- that and again, way late in the game, when going now doesn't take anything away from her bills , like her old Utah job which I believe she said helped or paid for a lot of she and Meriah's stuff- or help her get independent at this stage of life-. Leftover scraps again.

I don't see the things panning out as they did really as her getting all that much more than anyone, they still were all in the same triplex- that and even though the money was supposedly equally divided (and how would we even know this for sure, because of all the welfare and EBT and all that, there was probably a lot of exchanging going on we will not know how it all broke down, even with whatever kody has told them- this communal pot story, who got every dollar and so on)..when they look back , the wives, it may not even be resentment about who had fewer kids and who ended up with more whatever (to me it sure didn't look like any one of them was living much more luxuriously than any other), but it is likely general dissatisfaction with the sharing period, just being put in that position where one is always jockeying for time with the artificially created scarcity through this lifestyle of kody's time, having that many kids and not a whole lot of income coming in, the endless debt that all have accumulated and the accompanying stress of that although it doesn't seem to bother kody 'we just do what is right for us'. Don't you mean, you just do what is right for you? and this means ALL of them, no one is exempt from that.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't see her as greedy or selfish, but like I said, much of the things she gets seem like they are by default, it is even likely the size of the house was zoned to be like that and she couldn't have put a small house there and paid a lot less. Getting whatever just because that is the way it worked out isn't stepping on someone else. Haggling over little details like the wet bar or whatever I don't think is a measure of greed, but rather a measure of control, like ' if he lets me do this, it means he loves me, how can I put him through a small test that will prove he still cares?" the idea behind this is not the wet bar that matters, but whether she could get him to agree.

I think the show putting that on the air re the stupid wet bar was to illustrate the mentality of all of them basically being in this awful position that for one thing or another, caring about their feelings, listening to their side, being able to recognize an individual marriage vs the family whole, being able to put himself in the shoes of another (mexico trip), each being afraid what they reveal too much or it may advantage the others or create even more resentment (even while they all keep saying 'oh but when my sister wife is happy and cared for, that's awesome, it means I will be too!) ..the constant keeping track of who got more, of who is getting cared about , of who is not feeling loved and so on.

Maybe Meri needs to get a sledgehammer and do away with that thing that has become not a symbol of everyone hanging out over there (I bet they don't) but rather some kind of creepy granite altar on which to endlessly weigh the difference between self-sacrifice and what one gets as compensation. OMG it is awful.

• Love 10

Finally, there are probably copies in some libraries and used bookstores by now, and if not, there are used copies for sale on Amazon--and the Browns don't make a single penny on the sale of a used book. So if you're curious, friends, you can read with a clear conscience. :)

Many thanks for the info and I'll just drop by the library to get a copy, while I find them infinitely interesting, I don't think I want to contribute to their cause either ;)

• Love 5
 Ok so she was legal wife and only had one kid, thus more money to spend and more room in her house etc, but keep in mind these are things not 'given' but happened by default- it's ultimately fighting over scraps rather than actually being given something. Her going to college I would bet at a state school is likely not all that much considering what they are earning- that and again, way late in the game, when going now doesn't take anything away from her bills , like her old Utah job which I believe she said helped or paid for a lot of she and Meriah's stuff- or help her get independent at this stage of life-. Leftover scraps again.

I don't see the things panning out as they did really as her getting all that much more than anyone, they still were all in the same triplex- that and even though the money was supposedly equally divided (and how would we even know this for sure, because of all the welfare and EBT and all that, there was probably a lot of exchanging going on we will not know how it all broke down, even with whatever kody has told them- this communal pot story, who got every dollar and so on)..when they look back , the wives, it may not even be resentment about who had fewer kids and who ended up with more whatever (to me it sure didn't look like any one of them was living much more luxuriously than any other), but it is likely general dissatisfaction with the sharing period, just being put in that position where one is always jockeying for time with the artificially created scarcity through this lifestyle of kody's time, having that many kids and not a whole lot of income coming in, the endless debt that all have accumulated and the accompanying stress of that although it doesn't seem to bother kody 'we just do what is right for us'. Don't you mean, you just do what is right for you? and this means ALL of them, no one is exempt from that.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't see her as greedy or selfish, but like I said, much of the things she gets seem like they are by default, it is even likely the size of the house was zoned to be like that and she couldn't have put a small house there and paid a lot less. Getting whatever just because that is the way it worked out isn't stepping on someone else. Haggling over little details like the wet bar or whatever I don't think is a measure of greed, but rather a measure of control, like ' if he lets me do this, it means he loves me, how can I put him through a small test that will prove he still cares?" the idea behind this is not the wet bar that matters, but whether she could get him to agree.

Thank you, this is pretty much one of the points I was attempting to make in my explanation, which unfortunately drew crickets.  With Meri appearances can be deceiving.  All the status and advantages in the world weren't going to give her what she really needed from her relationship with Kody, and she didn't get.  Those things she did have turned out to be not worth anything if they didn't help bring her what's essential to a good relationship and her happiness in that relationship - but status and other quantitative advantages don't necessarily make you closer to or more intimate with your spouse.  All the haggling over wet bars and jockeying over who gets more time with Kody, etc., will not make up for the fact that she felt she wasn't getting the essence of what she was looking for in him, which was likely love, respect and emotional closeness.  You can spend tons of time with someone and still not feel as close to them or as valued as someone else who spends next to no time with them.  You can have material advantages and status over someone else and STILL not have what you need from your relationship.  Meri doesn't lack for anything on surface quantity but she certainly lacks on relationship quality, which she certainly made abundantly obvious with her attempt to find "true love".  And all the external advantages she was getting in her relationship did not make up for the lack of true quality of emotional relationship.  It didn't matter if she was legal wife or had one kid and more money or time with Kody, those things meant jack squat if she didn't get what she REALLY needed which was feeling loved, valued and special in her relationship.  I don't think it should be any wonder why someone with all of her advantages should feel so unhappy, especially in a polygamous relationship.  It's like asking why a rich girl could be so unhappy - That's easy, because all a rich person has can't buy them love or happiness in the end.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

I think the total opposite about Meri. It's always been the Kody and Meri show, with the others picking up the scraps. She's put Kody and then herself way above the rest of them, to a very extensive discrepancy, and it's finally caught up with her. She had the legal status, the biggest house, the best trips, the most alone time with Kody, the biggest budget (you can never convince me the budgets were equal when the amount was split per household, NOT per person), etc. 

She had to have the 'best' and the 'most' of everything (even though her taste is beyond tacky, it is expensive), and ended up alienating Janelle and Christine. She didn't give an ounce of caring about them or their kids, unless it was to show off to Kody. The whole reason they had that weird set up at the old house, with multiple apartments connected, and then separate rentals and then McMansions, is because Meri is difficult to live with. Janelle left at one point, because Meri was so awful to live with.

My whole point with Meri is that appearances with her are deceiving.  Meri is like the "poor little rich girl" who has every worldly advantage but still does not find true love or spiritual happiness in her relationship.  All of her status and material and time advantages over the other wives weren't going to bring her what she REALLY wanted and needed with the Kodouche, and that was feeling loved, valued and special to him.  All of the external worldly "trappings" and advantages she sought to have over the other wives might have been her attempt to get what she really wanted from him (which I think the Wet Bar was a symbol of), but it doesn't work that way.  Money and status don't buy true love.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

My whole point with Meri is that appearances with her are deceiving.  Meri is like the "poor little rich girl" who has every worldly advantage but still does not find true love or spiritual happiness in her relationship.  All of her status and material and time advantages over the other wives weren't going to bring her what she REALLY wanted and needed with the Kodouche, and that was feeling loved, valued and special to him.  All of the external worldly "trappings" and advantages she sought to have over the other wives might have been her attempt to get what she really wanted from him (which I think the Wet Bar was a symbol of), but it doesn't work that way.  Money and status don't buy true love.

Agree, adding the thing about what I said about control making her feel better, which is a total codependent type thing, when one aren't getting one's needs met, you try and make the person jump through hoops to 'prove' they still care, and this creates some temporary fix, thus setting up a learning/reward system to keep doing it, to keep testing rather than simply knowing through the person's *unprompted* actions- unprompted meaning you tell the person straight out what you need or feel or whatever and that person makes a sincere effort, not  makes a 'trade' contingent on some material thing -  wet bars or oh my kid has to go to X school (use guilt trip of being first wife who had to add all the others, the one kid sadness, I found you Robin to expand the family and whatever else) - having to use 'leverage' for lack of a better word to get things you want, attention, respect- the thought one has to use leverage or guilt or whatever to get these things rather than inherently deserving them is terrible for a person to live with, that one must negotiate for everything and you get to set the terms. Must be great for that one person though, huh?

'Christine play nice with robin and Ill give you more affection which was the real message behind "respect the family"...or passive-aggressive game-playing which only continues to keep the competitive drama going like "you're too pretty to cook" while out of the other side of his mouth saying BS like "oh I love everyone equally, how I wish they would all get along blah blah". I don't believe you, K-man, I think you like them somewhat at each others throats as it keeps you in the catbird seat, with everyone trying to compete to please you. I mean, what if they unionized and demanded equal treatment, or basic needs being met without high-school games?

I'm not saying Meri is totally innocent and has not been reduced to going along with these games herself, or played them herself, only that kody is way better at it , probably from using it on all of them.

• Love 8
I don't believe you, K-man, I think you like them somewhat at each others throats as it keeps you in the catbird seat, with everyone trying to compete to please you. I mean, what if they unionized and demanded equal treatment, or basic needs being met without high-school games?

I'd love to see that episode. I'll bet the ratings would skyrocket.

• Love 5

. . .  "oh I love everyone equally, how I wish they would all get along blah blah". I don't believe you, K-man, I think you like them somewhat at each others throats as it keeps you in the catbird seat, with everyone trying to compete to please you.

I think this is polygamy in a nutshell. This is exactly what's really going on with the Browns and I'll bet it's there in any other polygamous "marriage," too.

That's why this system stinks. A polygamous man has NO incentive whatsoever to keep his women happy. NONE. Oh, he might try at first, thinking he's keeping the peace and he wants a peaceful house; but he quickly learns that what's the point in keeping happy women around?

Happy women don't beg you for the smallest crumb of attention. Happy women don't fight and compete over you every minute of ever day. Happy women don't make you the center of the universe and allow you to rule their world because that's the only way they'll get a scrap of your time.

There isn't much that feeds a man's ego more than having a bunch of women fighting over him, especially when those same women will jump at the chance to have sex with him. That's what we see week after week, even though they think they're hiding it. They aren't. Thank You to the poster I quoted who pointed this out so clearly.

• Love 17
I think this is polygamy in a nutshell. This is exactly what's really going on with the Browns and I'll bet it's there in any other polygamous "marriage," too.

That's why this system stinks. A polygamous man has NO incentive whatsoever to keep his women happy. NONE. Oh, he might try at first, thinking he's keeping the peace and he wants a peaceful house; but he quickly learns that what's the point in keeping happy women around?

Happy women don't beg you for the smallest crumb of attention. Happy women don't fight and compete over you every minute of ever day. Happy women don't make you the center of the universe and allow you to rule their world because that's the only way they'll get a scrap of your time.

There isn't much that feeds a man's ego more than having a bunch of women fighting over him, especially when those same women will jump at the chance to have sex with him. That's what we see week after week, even though they think they're hiding it. They aren't. Thank You to the poster I quoted who pointed this out so clearly.

That's exactly what it is.

I agree in part, and disagree somewhat, too.

There's no doubt that a great deal of the dysfunction we see in the women--especially Meri, Christine, and Robyn--is a direct result of their polygamous setup. They're expected to be okay with not getting their emotional needs met in the marriage, and they're trained to look on their own pain as a character deficit  to be overcome. Recipe for disaster. The only one who rolls with it (outwardly) is Janelle, and that's because a) she is a convert and converts are typically more starry-eyed about dogma, b) she doesn't appear to believe she's worth more than a token marriage anyway, and c) she eats her feelings.

I do see Meri as selfish, but I think it's 24 years of polygamy that's exacerbated and magnified that trait in her. If you have to scrabble for crumbs, your go-to tactic for coping is likely to be grabbing anything you can, whenever you can. If you can do it slyly (Robyn) all the better, and if you have to do it overtly, you soften the way it looks by wrapping yourself in your sad victim story.

It's absolutely true that they were limited to having each of their houses fall within narrow design parameters/square footage. But it's also true that Meri was the one wife whose plans went over-budget, and the primary reason was that she INSISTED that she must, must, MUST have that goddamned wetbar. And when Kody tried to reason with her about the cost, she pulled out the "It's not FAIR! I can't help it that I didn't have the seven children I wanted! Waaaaahhhhh Ricky!!" argument.

Meanwhile, Christine had her ducks in a row, worked within her budget, and actually graciously agreed that the balance from her house could go to fund Meri's overage ("See what a super-duper team player I am Kody? See? See?")

Where a lot of us, including me, really looked askance at the circus of their Vegas home-building was the gulf between their plyg fairytale claims and the reality of their actions. If their life is the dedicated, all-for-one family, rah-rah wonder that they want the world to believe it is, then hell, they could have gone with 2 of those giant houses and incurred just half the resulting debt. It wouldn't even have been all that much of a stretch, considering the houses are each over 4200 sq. ft. It's an easy plan, actually (well, it would be easy if they got along like they sort of pretend to). Here's my fantasy football lineup in that scenario.

Each house has 5 bedrooms, a bonus room, a hobby room, and an office--potentially EIGHT bedrooms. That's more than enough room for the following scenario, with an eye toward who apparently hates whom the least:

House One: Janelle and Robyn and their 8 kids (Logan was already leaving at that point, so I'm not counting him.)

Master bedroom: Janelle (seniority)

Bedroom 1: Robyn

Bedroom 2: Hunter / Gabriel

Bedroom 3: Garrison / Dayton

Bedroom 4: Solomon / Breanna

Bedroom 5 (bonus room): Aurora / Savannah

House Two: Meri and Christine and their 7 kids.

Master bedroom: Meri (seniority)

Bedroom 1: Christine

Bedroom 2: Aspyn / Mariah

Bedroom 3: Mykelti / Gwendlyn

Bedroom 4: Paedon

Bedroom 5 (bonus room): Ysabel / Truely

Notice that this plan STILL leaves two extra rooms in each house, and it works out to each person having between 420 - 470 square feet of living space. For a family this large that is PLENTY. That is not even a tight squeeze. And of course within two years (now) there would be six people left in the Meri/Christine house, and a trade-off of Hunter for the new baby in the Janelle/Robyn house...with more kids growing up and moving out as time goes by.

There ya go, Browns. Feel free to follow my blueprint. You could unload two of your houses and reduce your debt load...if you could find anyone foolish enough to want to live in the cul-de-sac near you.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 13
they could have gone with 2 of those giant houses and incurred just half the resulting debt.  (trimmed)

SometimesBites, you're still stuck in that practical thinking trap, worrying about paying off debts. I bet you still believe in living within your means and silly things like that. It's so refreshing that even though they didn't pay back what amounts to hundreds of thousands in bankruptcy/credit card debt, that our banking system is still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Heartwarming, isn't it?

Maybe someday we too, can escape our limiting belief systems about what we can afford or what we actually need, we can play the system, not pay our bills and still end up in awesome brand-new mcmansions.  #believe!

tumblr_m20ctboLPh1r684gto1_1280.png

tumblr_lxw9v6C8Tx1r684gto1_500.png

• Love 2

She sure would have.

Meri has shown that she's ready to blow that dusty trail. As soon as a real escape presents itself, she's out of there. Hopefully it won't take too long.

She was ready but I think the catfish situation will keep her from trying again. 

• Love 1

Each house has 5 bedrooms, a bonus room, a hobby room, and an office--potentially EIGHT bedrooms. That's more than enough room for the following scenario, with an eye toward who apparently hates whom the least:

House One: Janelle and Robyn and their 8 kids (Logan was already leaving at that point, so I'm not counting him.)

Master bedroom: Janelle (seniority)

Bedroom 1: Robyn

Bedroom 2: Hunter / Gabriel

Bedroom 3: Garrison / Dayton

Bedroom 4: Solomon / Breanna

Bedroom 5 (bonus room): Aurora / Savannah

House Two: Meri and Christine and their 7 kids.

Master bedroom: Meri (seniority)

Bedroom 1: Christine

Bedroom 2: Aspyn / Mariah

Bedroom 3: Mykelti / Gwendlyn

Bedroom 4: Paedon

Bedroom 5 (bonus room): Ysabel / Truely

There ya go, Browns. Feel free to follow my blueprint. You could unload two of your houses and reduce your debt load...if you could find anyone foolish enough to want to live in the cul-de-sac near you.

Interesting, except I think Robyn is terrified of Janelle, Kody would put Janelle in another teepee in the yard before he let her have the Master Bedroom over Robyn, Robyn would whine her kids were excluded and left out, and she needed her own home, Meri will never share, etc.

I predict that in 10 years, Meri will have flown the coop, Christine and Janelle will be back in the Utah house, Robyn will be in her own McMansion somewhere, and Kody will be in Hawaii with wife #5.

• Love 7

Agree, adding the thing about what I said about control making her feel better, which is a total codependent type thing, when one aren't getting one's needs met, you try and make the person jump through hoops to 'prove' they still care, and this creates some temporary fix, thus setting up a learning/reward system to keep doing it, to keep testing rather than simply knowing through the person's *unprompted* actions- unprompted meaning you tell the person straight out what you need or feel or whatever and that person makes a sincere effort, not  makes a 'trade' contingent on some material thing -  wet bars or oh my kid has to go to X school (use guilt trip of being first wife who had to add all the others, the one kid sadness, I found you Robin to expand the family and whatever else) - having to use 'leverage' for lack of a better word to get things you want, attention, respect- the thought one has to use leverage or guilt or whatever to get these things rather than inherently deserving them is terrible for a person to live with, that one must negotiate for everything and you get to set the terms. Must be great for that one person though, huh?

'Christine play nice with robin and Ill give you more affection which was the real message behind "respect the family"...or passive-aggressive game-playing which only continues to keep the competitive drama going like "you're too pretty to cook" while out of the other side of his mouth saying BS like "oh I love everyone equally, how I wish they would all get along blah blah". I don't believe you, K-man, I think you like them somewhat at each others throats as it keeps you in the catbird seat, with everyone trying to compete to please you. I mean, what if they unionized and demanded equal treatment, or basic needs being met without high-school games?

I'm not saying Meri is totally innocent and has not been reduced to going along with these games herself, or played them herself, only that kody is way better at it , probably from using it on all of them.

Let's not forget Christine's bargain to allow the gym mats in her garage if Kody would spend more time at her house.  Which apparently he didn't anyway.  

• Love 2

Overton is going all out on the Sam blog. Now she's posting the DMs that "Sam" and Meri exchanged to prove something we all already know. Along with fake comments.

Overton clearly thinks that these incriminate Meri, implicate her. And yes, she did play a part in this.

But...read the DMs then read the Stacey interview that Nick O'Connor published on his/her blog. Overton used the same tactic that she used with Stacey. Clearly.

Meri was reluctant. Overton played her like a violin because she knew by then about the divorce. Knew Meri was vulnerable. Had already met Meri.

Meri has never been one of my favorite people but damn. She got played BIG TIME. She was reluctant but got swept away by a con who knew just what to say, interesting that the DMs stop at 6 March right before Sam and Meri were going to have their Big Meetup in the Magic Kingdom. So she went on rides with a drunk "Lindsay" who said later that "Disneyland was the big fun until I got drunk and threw up on one of the rides" or words to that effect.

You gotta wonder what "Sam's" excuse for not appearing with his good buddy Mike was that day. Hopefully Meri will enlighten us.

However I bet that TLC and Kody are telling Meri to stay mum and let it blow over.

I'm sure she's reading here now so let me say that Overton - you are a worthless piece of slime and you have some bad karma coming your way that you won't be able to avoid. And yup, karma happens. Just ask OJ Simpson.

• Love 10

Overton is going all out on the Sam blog. 

Thanks for letting us know.

This blog is too much:

• I have owned a house in Las Vegas for 8 years. Long before Meri moved to Vegas. So no I am not the reason they moved to Vegas. That rumor is ridiculous.  (No such rumor existed.)
  • And what has happened to me now is that because of the false story Meri told the entire world, not only have I lost clients, I have lost deals. I have lost money and I’m still losing money. It’s bad. On top of which, my employees are pissed.  (Yeah, right.)
  • If something ever comes out we will blame Janelle. (Oh my.)
  • Love 3

I must be seeing things a bit differently as I am an empty nester myself. We women invest so much of ourselves in our homes, and then there we are, sitting in them alone, with nobody to share them with.

I always thought the wet bar was so that she would have the best place for the All-family gatherings. She would be the one to host their church services, birthday parties Christmas etc. otherwise nobody will ever come to her house. So while I thought all the crying and wailing about it was ridiculous, I could see why she wanted it. She has reached the point in her life where the only reason to even own a house is so you can entertain.

Then getting catfished, obviously she is lonely, starved for affection. I will never forget the scene in the kitchen when Kody hugged Robyn and said she's too beautiful to cook. The message of course, was that the others could do all the work, because he no longer finds them attractive. You're ugly, so you can slave away in the kitchen mess up your hair, and get dishpan hands.

I am still trying to digest the information posted here about how Their religion requires Kody to have at least three wives, and unmarried women become servants in the afterlife. Wow.

I am trying to decide if I will actually watch tonight's episode. I don't think I want to hear that Meri has cervical cancer.

If anybody needed another reason for why polygamy is a bad idea, we can now add Human Papilloma Virus to the list.

• Love 11

Thanks for letting us know.

This blog is too much:

• I have owned a house in Las Vegas for 8 years. Long before Meri moved to Vegas. So no I am not the reason they moved to Vegas. That rumor is ridiculous.  (No such rumor existed.)
  • And what has happened to me now is that because of the false story Meri told the entire world, not only have I lost clients, I have lost deals. I have lost money and I’m still losing money. It’s bad. On top of which, my employees are pissed.  (Yeah, right.)
  • If something ever comes out we will blame Janelle. (Oh my.)

Mental illness in action.

• Love 4

Overton is going all out on the Sam blog. Now she's posting the DMs that "Sam" and Meri exchanged to prove something we all already know. Along with fake comments.

Wow, this person is releasing page after page of the DM conversations between Meri and "Sam" that he miraculously discovered on a forgotten flash drive (Meri repeatedly asked "Sam" to delete everything and "Sam" repeatedly assured Meri he was doing so, but when he went to donate his old phone his assistant backed up the contents on a flash drive that "Sam" conveniently discovered recently, and magically all the deleted messages were there)  Sure Jan!

It is absolutely astonishing that Meri fell for ANY of this crap.  It reads like some kind of cheap romance novel that would make an eight grade girl roll her eyes.  Just beyond trite.

Sam: "Fall for me, I will catch you. I promise. Even when I know it's friendship only. Let yourself fall into me." 

That was from their March 4th conversation.  The messages from March 5th have to be seen to be believed.  Overton was just reeling her in.  It's unreal.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/

I would post more tidbits but there is no way to do it without including big chunks of text and it would clog up this thread.  Plus I feel kind of guilty even reading this stuff, much less re-posting it (although in a way I think  it should actually be required reading for anyone who ever goes on the internet.  It is a great example of how a creep like Overton grooms and seduces her victims, and if it saves on person, ... lol).    

I also feel bad linking that blog because I think Overton is thriving on the attention.  I agree with DakotaJustice that Overton is probably here, reading about herself.  And assuming she is, I would like to say to you, Jackie ....  you, my dear, are one sad, pathetic person.  And one day what you have done to people will come back on you threefold ... and considering how desperately sad and lonely you obviously already are, girl, you are in for a world of hurt. And you deserve every ounce of it! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

Wow, this person is releasing page after page of the DM conversations between Meri and "Sam" that he miraculously discovered on a forgotten flash drive (Meri repeatedly asked "Sam" to delete everything and "Sam" repeatedly assured Meri he was doing so, but when he went to donate his old phone his assistant backed up the contents on a flash drive that "Sam" conveniently discovered recently)  Sure Jan!

It is absolutely astonishing that Meri fell for ANY of this crap.  It reads like some kind of cheap romance novel that would make an eight grade girl roll her eyes.  Just beyond trite.

Sam: "Fall for me, I will catch you. I promise. Even when I know it's friendship only. Let yourself fall into me." 

That was from their March 4th conversation.  The messages from March 5th have to be seen to be believed.  Overton was just reeling her in.  It's unreal.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/

I would post more tidbits but there is no way to do it without including big chunks of text and it would clog up this thread.  Plus I feel kind of guilty even reading this stuff, much less re-posting it (although in a way I think  it should actually be required reading for anyone who ever goes on the internet.  It is a great example of how a creep like Overton grooms and seduces her victims, and if it saves on person, ... lol).    

I also feel bad linking that blog because I think Overton is thriving on the attention.  I agree with DakotaJustice that Overton is probably here, reading about herself.  And assuming she is, I would like to say to you, Jackie ....  you, my dear, are one sad, pathetic person.  And one day what you have done to people will come back on you threefold ... and considering how desperately sad and lonely you obviously already are, girl, you are in for a world of hurt. And you deserve every ounce of it! 

That website is beyond creepy. It's so obviously a window into a wildly disordered mind.

• Love 2

The poetic irony here is that if Jackie Overton channeled all of her creative energies into writing e-books instead of trolling, she could be a real millionaire.

I read some of the DMs and it appears as though Meri had the Disney trip planned with Mariah -- and "Sam" invited himself along? So it was never a truly planned rendezvous/booty call.

Meri is so easily wooed, which makes sense because she's only been with Kody and has no relationship experience. She most likely chased after Kody and never had anyone shower her with affection.

Jackie was most likely here. A few days ago we had a poster that didn't use proper grammar and posted netspeak. Those of us who are TWoP refugees would have never posted like that out of fear of banning/warning. I learned back when Roswell was on the air to not write "um".

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 6

There's a post called "The First Time We Had Sex and How It Brought Us Closer", which I clicked on, because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. However, it's just a DM conversation where Jackie is trying to get Meri hot and bothered and it doesn't look like it's working, and then they're making plans to meet up at Disney. I mean, I can't begin to fathom the depths of cray that are going on in Sam/Jackie/Whoever's mind. Does Sam/Jackie/Whoever really think that IM'ing with someone = sex? The IMs are so tame that I don't even think my Grandmother would blush.

Sample IM: "just one kiss? To last this lifetime." *gag*

Edited by egilsdottir
  • Love 2

Dear Meri - you're miserable. LEAVE. You can escape on your own. You aren't legally tied to any of these fools, and they're not emotionally tied to you. Just go. You'll never be content with Kody and things will never be what they were.

You've never cared about being in debt or making well thought out decisions before, so you don't have to have a solid plan now. Put on your big girl panties and go. 

• Love 2

I've been watching this since day one and I've missed all the real drama behind the scenes! Janelle was married, she was Meri's sil!??? No shit! So much is missing from their narrative on screen. I had no idea about 98.0% of all that I've read).

So true! They don't reveal anything on their show. It's funny. They have real drama in their real lives, but the show is a yawn-fest. - boring backyard parties and cardboard boat building.

• Love 5

Just a shame that Stacey won't reappear and post the DMs SHE had with Sam. Just as a comparison mind you,

I'd love to see it, too.  

I have the funny feeling it would turn out like one of those Dr. Phil catfishing episodes where he reveals that he searched the internet for phrases that a catfish has used in a letter to his guest, and it turns out all the gushy dialogue is identical (grammatical and spelling errors included) to other catfishing letters posted on the net by other victims.  Like the catfish has some form letters they send out or something, lol.  

Everyone (or at least whoever is supposedly posting in the comments) is asking "Sam" for just one picture of him and Meri together.  Or a picture of Sam holding a  newspaper to prove it's valid.  Sam seems to be suggesting such evidence is right around the corner.  

I will not be holding my breath.

• Love 2

What a bunch of bullshit.

"Sam" says in the comments that he had sex with Meri the night before Disney.

Then why would she need to know what "he" was wearing?? She'd already know what he looked like.

Overton you are such a lying sack of pusillanimous shit.

• Love 9