Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I think she was the one giving them the stink eye for trying a sip of beer. She and Robyn are birds of a feather. If she was MSWC "business partner" no wonder it was such a mess. This group seems to be an astoundingly bad judge of people they involve in their lives. Between this group and their shitty counslers, just wow. Oops, I forgot that creepy polg family on that debacle of a road trip. I hope I was clear that I was referring to kendra the junk yard dog as the she.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1

Oh Meri, Meri, had you only saved the money for that stupid wet bar, cut the numbers of bedrooms in half, taken a trip to Europe with all the money saved, visited Hungary (booming with successful, good value clinics for single women wishing to become pregnant even at advanced age), had an IVF done and had come back to Vegas expecting twins. RobChin and Joseph Smith Risen could still be bonking each others brains out and you wouldn't care one little bit.

Now, that's what I call a great storyline!

Edited by Laura-Rose1957
  • Love 4

Kody gets whatever he deserves from these women whether that be dumping him, cheating on him, unhappiness, constant "counseling" sessions, jealousy, laundry lists of grievances with him, etc., etc., etc.  I don't give one crap how he feels about any of it because he has it coming.  The only thing Meri is guilty of is cheating herself out of a real relationship and compromising her self respect by continuing to stay in a negative situation if she really wants out - Not to mention her dishonesty with the rest of the family and with the TLC viewing audience.  The trouble is that Kodouche is in control of the rules of these relationships, not the women, and even though they all say they accept it (yeah right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell them) all their difficulties with the situation say otherwise so I'm not buying it.  Kody is not willing to rewrite the rules of their crazy relationship in order to be on board with the women pursuing other love interests while staying involved with him.  So if Meri stays there she's technically cheating.  The only way not to be cheating is to walk away from the relationship.  Don't divorce him but then say "everything's the same between us, right?" because if it is, that would mean pursuing other men is still out of the question.  There is no "half way" for these women - Either they're on board with Kodouche and his tyranny or they get out.  Anything else is being dishonest and below board with themselves and with him.  Even if Meri were to be open about pursuing other men I kind of doubt Kody would let her do it and still be in whatever "commitment" relationship they supposedly have.  If he did let that happen that would be another story altogether, but I still don't think such polyamorous situations ever work out for the best for all involved, but that's just me.

That's true, but not what I was saying.  I didn't mean he wouldn't care, only that he shouldn't get to be upset after being King of the DBags for almost 30 years.  As far as "technically" being married goes, it doesn't mean crap if your whole world is as screwed up as theirs is.  Their view of reality would never include the sense of honor or common sense that you stated...  their thought process is twisted beyond the beyond.  

EDIT -- sorry Snarklepuss... I think I misinterpreted part of your post!  Better check these readers...  haha!  

Edited by AndreaF
  • Love 1

Poor Meri.  I pity anyone who looks as miserable as she does these days.  I just watched the Christine Behind the Scenes episode and it seemed kind of awkward.  At one point when she was speaking, Robin (who generally can't wait to chime in and share her insights) kept looking at Kody.  Also, it didn't look like Meri was wearing her "colada" ring.  Did anyone notice that? 

All I can say is WOW! Seems Mari is naive beyond naive. Why would you go on a trip that hang out with a perfect stranger? Mari seems really happy in all those shots are we sure she isn't gay? Now that would be an interesting story line.

She's not naive. Quite often people WANT to take risks and get caught. It's easier and more dramatic than actually being truthful and addressing the problems. It's pretty classic behavior, especially with men, to want to end a relationship, but not have the balls to break up, so they start doing really irritating, obnoxious, etc., things so the other person will break up with them, thus taking the burden of being the 'bad guy'.

I think she was having fun with her little secret, validating that she's still attractive to someone, lining up her next relationship so she could leave, and she chose a a really poor catalyst for all of this. She has no one to blame but herself for her own actions.

If she's gay/bi/experimenting/whatever, who knows. If any man or situation could 'turn' a person, it would be Kody and this mess.

• Love 3

I dunno, I think Meri and the Browns ARE that naive as well as greedy - it wasn't that long ago that they were publicly tweeting open invites for people to come to LIV "parties" (i.e. MLM sign ups) at Meri's home. There was actually a person who went and commented on it on either the old SWB or CJs blog. If memory serves it consisted of a lot of lookie-Loos and people who'd already signed up under the Browns trying to sign up new people or sell some of the product they'd been talked into buying.

So they've got a history of letting strangers into their house already. I do believe that's how Overton infiltrated.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4

I dunno, I think Meri and the Browns ARE that naive as well as greedy - it wasn't that long ago that they were publicly tweeting open invites for people to come to LIV "parties" (i.e. MLM sign ups) at Meri's home. There was actually a person who went and commented on it on either the old SWB or CJs blog. If memory serves it consisted of a lot of lookie-Loos and people who'd already signed up under the Browns trying to sign up new people or sell some of the product they'd been talked into buying.

So they've got a history of letting strangers into their house already. I do believe that's how Overton infiltrated.

I absolutely agree. It's not classic naivete, in the sense of a guilelessness or innocence; it's more a stubborn ignorance coupled with incredible arrogance--a recipe for disaster. My sense about the Browns, esp the three women raised in polygamy, is that they brought a lot of ignorance with them into a life that doesn't support ignorance. Even if Meri was actively looking for a way to duck out the side door (and I can't know if she was or not), she fell for a ruse that one would expect from an experiential naif or a desperate fool.

• Love 5

Whoa!!!

Posted in the media thread as well...since..well..its in the media

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/04/sisterwives-divorce-fallout-proof-meri-brown-was-the-target-of-a-catfish-scam/

New tidbits to digest:

Meri pays the family cellphone bill?

Catfish relationship began in March, when Meri was already divorced for some time.

SAM: "She doesn't have money like everyone thinks." <---- I never thought they had "money".  They live in perpetual debt and above their means.

She kicked Kody out in May? and pays all her own bills and doesn't get help from anyone else for Mariah's education and expenses?

She pays her mortgage.

Meri is leaving as soon as she can.

• Love 1

What gives all this a big eyeroll and less credibility, is legal marriage and spiritual marriage.

Legal marriage is easy to define. The law says you're married or divorced (let's ignore legally separated for now).

The Browns say they're still all spiritually married, so the family dynamic is the same, but the legal marriage has just changed from  Meri to Robyn.

If they're insisting that the spiritual marriage outweighs or takes precedence over everything else, and that they're all spiritually married, then Meri is cheating. Committing adultery,because she's a married woman having a relationship with someone not her spouse. If they're spiritually divorced, and she spiritually kicked Kody to the curb AND legally divorced him, then just admit it. Who cares if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend/catfish/dogfish/whatever. You're free, do what you want, just admit to it.

This whole spiritual marriage revolving door is just nonsensical. I image Kody standing on a block with a wand, going "today, I marry you, and you, and you, but you're divorced. Buh bye. Now let's go spend money we don't have while I toss my hair in the wind."

I don't care if consenting adults have one or fifteen spiritual marriages or whatever. I have yet to see on these TV shows a polyg situation that works (everyone gets along and doesn't have jealous/power tripping issues), but if that's what you choose, ok. Just admit to what you're doing and stop trying to con us.

• Love 12

New tidbits to digest:

Meri pays the family cellphone bill?

Catfish relationship began in March, when Meri was already divorced for some time.

SAM: "She doesn't have money like everyone thinks." <---- I never thought they had "money".  They live in perpetual debt and above their means.

She kicked Kody out in May? and pays all her own bills and doesn't get help from anyone else for Mariah's education and expenses?

She pays her mortgage.

Meri is leaving as soon as she can.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if this is the financial setup for all the wives except Robyn. I assume Robyn and Kody now have 2 shares of the TLC pot together. I wonder if Kody gives any of his share to Christine and Janelle. 

Frankly I don't believe a word of anything said by any of them.  That's their MO - lies and deceit.  

Until someone shows us proof, I don't believe a word of Meri paying that stuff.  With what?  I work full time and have no dependents and don't have tons left over after paying the mortgage.  Certainly not enough to do that AND pay for expensive private college tuition.  I don't believe for a hot second that Meri pays for any of that.

• Love 6

But of course, the questions from every season are how much and how is it divided.  

A rational family would be carefully saving for each child and investing but the Brown Financial Plan has always been about defaulting on loans and declaring bankruptcy.  Since we know for sure they all took interest only loans  on the McMansions, there couldn't have been much in the way of solid savings for any of them.  So even ditching any hope for the kiddies, I can't see how much each adult would clear especially since there are not that many episodes per the TLC version of a season.  

This is providing the Lord High King on Earth even parcels any out for personal items.  I can see him handling out allowances to his subservient females - they get the grocery money and have to live creatively off of that.  We already know that Christine was told to pay for a trip to see her family by using grocery money.

• Love 2

Meri might be taking out loans or charging all of Meriah's expenses, but these people were all bankrupt, had to finagle to get into those McMansions, and still live lavish lifestyles. 

They also said they had the (nonsensical) system of putting all the money in the pot and dividing it by the four wives. Meri should not be 'punished' with less money, because she has one child, while the rest have 5+. Which makes no sense to me, when you're talking about basic necessities like food, shelter, etc. 

If they're truly a loving family where every kid is equal and they all have four moms, then divide food money by each individual instead of each wife. No one should have any extra vacation money left over, while others are scrimping, if they are truly one family unit. Of course, them having four separate homes totally blows that united family theory out of the water. 

• Love 4

Meri had a lawyer for the divorce, right? Maybe part of the divorce was Meri getting her own paycheck from TLC rather than part of the Kody-pie. If she had a lawyer she might have gotten some kind of advice rather than just doing whatever Kody said. Kody wanted the divorce badly enough that he might have given in to some financial demands to make it happen. 

• Love 1

I don't think we will ever know the truth about any of this. All of the stories linked come from a gossip website which in turns is getting stuff from the internet scammer. I personally think all of the Browns are scammers, living high now on TLC's money as well as what they might get from personal appearances. When the show ends, they will go back to pyramid schemes, bankruptcies and few part time gigs. None of them have a true work ethic (and yes I include Janelle).

• Love 4

I think understand this catfish scandal; I read the blogs etc.

But HOW is this possible? Meri had sex with a woman posing as a man? On tape? Seriously? It doesn't make sense.

Am I missing something?

I'm somewhat iffy on the catfish scandal.  It's pretty easy to manipulate voicemails and emails and pictures.  It seems weird to me that of all people, Meri Brown would be a specific target of someone like this.  They could've had a perfectly platonic relationship as coworkers or working together on a project for school and someone is just editing the hell out of the communication. You'd have to piss someone off pretty badly to have them come after you like this.

On the other hand, there is definitely something weird going on.  Her reaction when the papers got signed by Robin's ex was very understated.  It could be that a few months gave her time to get used to the new dynamic in the family, but still.  If it's all (sob) about (sob) the children (sob) it was a pretty nonchalant reaction to the amazing news that Kody's ego I mean family was growing.

re: the sextape: The catfisher may be exaggerating about the sex tape or it may be a tape of a phone conversation that got sexual.  Sextapes can also be solo. 

• Love 2

Mind. Blown.

I am so late and wrong to all this. Didn't have a clue that any of this was going on until I saw someone mention something about catfishing in the episode discussion thread so I came here and JUST. DAMN. 

Right not the thing that I am pissed about is that it is a fake because it being a fake got in the way of what could've been an even bigger story .. Meri leaving Kodouche's ass! Now that would've have rocked the world. And it isn't so much that I think Meri deserves happiness but I just want a big fuck you to Kody. That's all! The Kody that believes plig life is his divine right given to him by God but a woman with multiple men is disgusting and an affront. The Kody that doesn't believe he is responsible for the emotional well-being of his wives. The Kody that will breed children by the dozens but can't afford them nor bother to parent them or pay for their college, but let's add another man's 3 to the pile to further populate his planet why don't we. I wish Sam would've been a Sam Elliott type cowboy in his prime that would have swept Meri off her feet and kick Kody's ass on his way out the door with Meri. This I could've gotten behind!!!  

Plus, I think I would have given the other wives hope that maybe there is better for them out there too. I think this catfish situation has a chilling effect. How utterly and totally humiliating! I hope Meri beats feet regardless! 

• Love 7

Aaaand, she admits it (in a typical "the family is all good--yay us!" fashion):

It hasn't exactly been an easy year for Meri Brown, but things just got a little more complicated for the Sister Wives star.

The first wife of polygamist patriarch Kody Brown admits she was recently "catfished" after having an emotional affair with someone she thought was a man – but was actually a woman.

"During an emotional and vulnerable time earlier this year, I began speaking with someone online who turned out to be not who they said they were," Meri tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.

I wonder what Meri thought the end result would be.  Did she honestly believe that Kody would just let her walk away and be with another man or did she think "Sam" would be allowed to join their inner circle?

Wow.  This must feel awful.  I wonder what she will do now?  Will she have the strength to hold her head up high and continue to look for her own happiness or will she bow down and accept defeat?  What a terrible thing to go through publicly.  I'm sure when they signed up for this show they never in a million years thought the family would have to put out a statement like that.  And what a piece of shit the catfisher is. 

• Love 2

Dear Meri: If you're that miserable, LEAVE. You don't have to line up your next husband before you leave this one. Rescue yourself. Prince Charming does not exist. Kody does not give a rat's ass if you stay. Janelle will help you pack your bags. Robyn only needs you there to balance out her fear of Janelle and Christine. Just leave already.

• Love 5

Guess meri isn't as happy as she claims or she wouldn't be having an emotional affair online.

How logical of you. :) She makes it out as though it's just a little unexpected emotional fallout from divorcing her husband of 24 years. No biggie!

• Love 2

From PEOPLE:

“During an emotional and vulnerable time earlier this year, I began speaking with someone online who turned out to be not who they said they were,” Meri told People. “I never met this person and I regret being drawn into this situation, but I hope because of it I can help others who find themselves in similar circumstances.”

Oh, Meri.  Why lie?

Meri-Catfish-Sam-at-Disney_Sister-Wives.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-18-at-8.43.00-AM.png

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

Gotta be tough keeping all of those prevarications in order.  Especially when they have been posted on social media for all the world to see.

Geez, that man/woman/person is certainly homely.  

• Love 7

Was Meri having a romantic online relationship with this catfish? Or was she just speaking with someone? Was it after the current season was taped, or before? That might throw a wrench into her and Janelle's "therapy".

Was Meri having a romantic online relationship with this catfish? Or was she just speaking with someone? Was it after the current season was taped, or before? That might throw a wrench into her and Janelle's "therapy".

Meri's relationship began in March and lasted through June/July. It seems that most of this season was filmed in June/July. Meri's sour face during the episodes is because she either just learned she was scammed or couldn't deal with Kody anymore because she was in love with Sam. Jackie Overton (Sam, Lindsey) paid a man to talk to Meri as Sam. I'm guessing there was a lot of sexting. Meri went to Disneyland for a bootycall with Sam but Sam had an emergency, sending his assistant Lindsey instead. Jackie Overton was both Sam and Lindsey, becoming Meri's soulmate (Sam) and new bestie (Lindsey). Jackie also played another character of a name I can't remember who was a young guy employed by Sam that came from a polygamist household and struggled with his thoughts/feelings. Overton scammed another woman right before Meri for $25,000 and used that money to woo Meri.

Meri has to be mindfucked by this whole experience.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 9

The People article is weird. It says that the divorce was so that Robyn's oldest three could get insurance and benefits from Kody. It also states the wrong ages for those kids.

Wow, I feel bad for Meri. How humiliating.

Where the hell does Cody get insurance?
  • Love 5

If Kody joined the SAG-AFTRA Union, they have great health insurance.

They aren't eligible for SAG/AFTRA. Reality shows aren't considered eligible last time I checked. Otherwise they'd be making way more $.

The insurance story is just that - a story. They probably have a group policy thru Brown Family Entertainment and the kids have been covered for awhile.

Ya know I thought originally that Meri was in on the scam as payback against Kody and Robyn. But now I think she felt this was the real deal and that she was going to be rescued by this rich, cute Sam person. She was in love so she lost a bunch of weight. And clearly at the time of filming she could give two shits about the show because Sam was going to whisk her away. Now she knows better and is doing damage control in an attempt to salvage their bread and butter before they get shitcanned.

Like others have said the Browns should be thanking Josh Duggar for saving their asses, because otherwise SW would be gone.

• Love 10