Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I cannot abide Meri (well, any of them really) but this Overton person is the lowest of the low.  I can't imagine what kind of psychiatric disorder causes someone to be so hateful and hurtful to complete strangers.  Who gets their jollies out of such cruelty?

• Love 10

So on the one hand, Meri is all on Twitter defending Robyn, Kody, and the whole divorce thing. But supposedly super happy Meri is also having an online affair, which negates all her claims that things are just super over at the Brown household.

• Love 1

I thought about emailing (through a brand new dummy gmail account because that person is psycho and who knows what they'd do with your email) but once you see it -- you won't be able to unsee it.

But there probably isn't anything.

• Love 3

In friends with Sam on fb, but I dont want to tip my hand by asking. Im trying to fly under the radar...so I dont get blocked lol. Also friends with Kendra...Im such a loser haha

You HAVE to read the comments on that video page..omg

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

I feel enough discomfort for Meri just having listened to the 11 voice mails--no matter what else may have been documented, I'll pass. Every catfish story I've ever heard had a sad and desperate person in the victim's seat.

Each time their show reveals yet another facet of how emotionally bankrupt their relationship actually is, their common tactic is to claim incomplete understanding based on editing or mitigating circumstances (such as Christine's painkiller TH sadness). Bottom line ALWAYS circles back to "Our family is stronger than ever and we all have each others' backs and...look a bird!"

• Love 9

I don't understand. Overton hired a guy to play Sam on the phone, right? But in the recordings of their conversations, it sounds like they had met up and gotten intimate. In one recording, Meri says something like, "I've never been so passionate with anybody like this". What is that about??

• Love 1

OK, who is going to take one for the team and find out whether this tape is real? Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to continue to assume that it and all the comments are fake. I find it odd that the blog doesn't specify how to request the password.

• Love 1

OK, who is going to take one for the team and find out whether this tape is real? Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to continue to assume that it and all the comments are fake. I find it odd that the blog doesn't specify how to request the password.

I'm waiting impatiently for the "sex tape" to hit the gossip blogosphere.

Unless it's lesbian sex, then Jackie Overton hired a guy to have sex with Meri?

I did read once that a woman got arrested for "grooming" a teen as a man online and having um penetrative sex with her using a strap on and the girl was either in a position to not notice or was very inexperienced. You'd think a married woman would notice a strap on by who knows. Or else douchebag 1 hired douchebag 2 to do it for her.

This whole thing is really weird but there does seem to be a personal element to the vindictiveness of "Overton" or whoever it is, rather than having punked a celeb.

I do feel sorry for Meri in this, especially if there really is a sex tape, no one deserves that. Isn't there a legal term like "non consent due to deception that might apply? She may or may not have been lying to the cameras about the status of her marriage but the personally gleefully leaking this is a psycho.

• Love 1

Meri willingly participated!!

Come on...you roll your dice with an internet dude...u take your chances.

She is a public figure and a complete IDIOT to think this would not get out. If u r trying to be sneaky, you font leave a paper trail...HEELLLOOOO thats ALL she has! Plus the tape recorded voicemails..omg

Paalease

• Love 3

So instead of posting a photo of the two of them together, "he" posted a sex tape of them to anyone who asks for a password? Yeah, right. It doesn't exist. I hope this is a step too far and she can be prosecuted. The woman is a psycho.

Meri was a participant in the texts and phone calls, and may have had phone sex, but there was no physical contact because Sam doesn't exist.

• Love 7

This is mind blowing to me.

WHY would anyone do such a thing to another person? 

Meri is a reality star and might not be someone we admire but who does this crap? What's the gain for the catfisher?  Maybe money? Catfisher was going for bribery to stop the release of the tapes etc. 

• Love 4

All those comments on the "video" blog posting are from the Catfish, right? That is one sick person. She must have huge files to keep track of all the personas she adopts online.

I have never liked Meri at all, but this is messed up.

• Love 4

Count me in on the Meri sympathy wagon...and you can read my past posts and know I'm by no means a fan of any sort.

She was lonely and I doubt she was thinking about what/if this "leaked" because she felt that Sam was a real person and confided in Overton.  I do believe also that, due to the lifestyle she was raised in and so on, that she is VERY naïve.

And we all know, we ALL know, that there is very little non-fiction in these "reality" shows.  it's just unscripted BS loosely based on their lives.  That's it.

Again I say:  No one, NO ONE, deserves this.

But Overton deserves jail time, at the very least.  There's gotta be a law, and if there isn't, it's time to make one.

• Love 14

What's the gain for the catfish? Spite? Money? Insanity? 

Wasn't the catfish a friend of Kendra who is a friend of Robyn?  Would Robyn do such a sick thing? I don't like her but that's really off the wall. 

Agreeing that Meri is not very merry but that's really a sleazy thing to do to a person....however, when you "cheat", you always run the risk of being caught. Meri foolishly took her chances and got some nasty & public consequences. She is lucky there appears to be no sex tape etc. The calls were bad enough. I guess count your blessings, Meri. 

It's still very sick. 

• Love 1

Not sure I understand the timeline.  Did this catfish thing happen before, during or after the divorce?  Regardless Meri is unhappy, or it would not have happened.

After the divorce.  The Catfishing was from March 2015 - July/Aug 2015.

• Love 1

Meri is miserable.

She is a polygamist that only had one child.  She is an empty nester with a husband who is happily making babies with Robyn.  Quite honestly, I would be very depressed and lost myself. She could've been a more loving sister wife but that's a whole other conversation.  From Meri's point of view, her life sucks. 

• Love 8

So instead of posting a photo of the two of them together, "he" posted a sex tape of them to anyone who asks for a password? Yeah, right. It doesn't exist. I hope this is a step too far and she can be prosecuted. The woman is a psycho.

Meri was a participant in the texts and phone calls, and may have had phone sex, but there was no physical contact because Sam doesn't exist.

Totally what I meant...

It appears that she was seeking physical contact (at least meeting up with him) because of the Disneyland trip...but that darn Sam suddenly was called away on business

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

I don't watch SW anymore (the divorce finale was my final straw), but I'd totally watch an MTV crossover with Nev and Max finally catching this nasty person and getting her to admit all of of it. She seems to crave the publicity, I wonder if she's just been waiting to bait the right person and make it on their show.

• Love 3

Will the Catfish release Meri's thoughts/feelings about others in the family? Hope so.

As much as I would love to hear the inside scoop, too, I don't think anything this Catfish has to say about what Meri supposedly told "him" would be at all reliable.

This person is obviously a major nutcase.  And she is on a campaign to ruin Meri.  While voicemails may be real, and Meri does seem to have sent some unfortunate selfies around and taken at least one trip to meet "Sam" ..... just how trustworthy is the word of a person who would release those messages and pics publicly in an obvious attempt to destroy someone's life?  I would certainly not put it above a person who would do something like that to, oh, you know ... embellish the story a little to maximize the damage.  It's not like this person has a problem telling whoppers, after all. 

In fact, given the amount of sympathy I am seeing for Meri online - and how much criticism the Catfish herself is receiving - I am actually anticipating this Catfish turning her psycho focus from her semi-failed attempt at public humiliation to causing as much destruction to Meri's relationship with her family as possible.  

I am sure Kody is already fit to be tied over all this, of course.  Just the basic story alone must be killing him.  But I don't think it's enough for this mad woman.  Sabotaging Meri's relationships with her family seems like the next logical step.  I can see Catfish going out of her way to put words in Meri's mouth about how awful her sister wives are, and even about how terrible the children can be, all in an attempt to do as much damage to Meri as she can.    This person clearly doesn't care who she hurts, and she seems willing to say and do just about anything.  She also seems far from finished. 

I just hope that the rest of the Brown clan don't fall for whatever this person may claim Meri said about them.  Meri has been tricky and unfaithful and dishonest herself, but it would be a shame if they would take the word of this LUNATIC over hers. 

Ugh, I can't believe I wrote another long post defending Meri.   I better stop now before PTV revokes my snark card.

• Love 7

I feel scummy listening to these voicemails (of which Meri's catfisher is posting new ones regularly), but man they really do pull the covers off the fakery of this show. I just cannot help but feel for Meri. She is very much a woman in deep pain. Here's a transcript from one, allegedly from 6/30/15:

"And I wasn't comparing you, but anyway, guess what, if I were to compare you, you win on all counts. You win on ALL fucking levels. Now I'm pissed. You don't think that I think that you'd beat out? You don't think that I think you're taller, better looking -- huh huh, much better looking by the way--, kinder, sweeter, you care about me, you want me, you say that you're willing to fight for me, you say all these things about love and affection and passion. For what? If I were to compare you, you win all the time. But that was not a comparison, it was "I know the pain of that". That's all that was, and that's not what I want with you. You know that. I am fighting my darnedest for you right now because I feel you slipping away and I'm fighting, but everything in me tells me all my history…" (cuts off)

Catfisher says this is comparing him to Kody, and while it seems that way, she never mentions him by name. 

Edited by Newmy
  • Love 4

What seems to be key in this scenario is Meri being in a vulnerable position and feeling repeatedly devalued. The marriage to whatshername/new kid/legal divorce/general douchebaggery/treating Meri like a 'bro' or 'pal' , probably the legal divorce was just the straw that broke the plyg's back but it wouldn't have had she not felt the devalued thing- you could tell she was having all kinds of issues about it, from the 'I feel dizzy' thing to many other shots of her looking not thrilled about the whole thing, to probably realizing they could have even adopted those kids without having to have gone through all that, especially knowing Montana has it's own little plyg area, I think called Pinedale or something like that, but that state isn't a stranger to it.

I remember back in the 70s there was this movie "an unmarried woman" that almost seems to fit here, even though it isn't about plygs. The disingenuousness about the plyg situation is that it purports to not leave the other wives behind, but it appears that there is still other kinds of 'left behind' than just legally, or where one lives.  She saw K and R being all romantic and silly together and she wanted that.  Even this letter, she feels she has to 'earn' the love of the fictional 'Samuel'

http://allaboutthetea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Meri-Brown_Pics-sent-to-Catfish_Love-Letter_WaterMarked-866x1024.jpgThe fact that she says "all your love, all your trust, all..." and uses the word, 'my' in closing  , the whole tone of it- speaks volumes- It's so sad. The discovery of this awful creature Jock OverTon only makes the whole thing more wretched. How people can be any part of that crap is disgusting.

• Love 4

I think that Meri is down, but she's not out. Yesterday she "liked" a comment on Twitter that said that Kody and Robyn stole Jessop's children. I think that once she regroups, Meri is going to be Kody and Robyn's biggest nightmare. I hope so.

Wow, I find that shocking.  What must Kody, Robin and the rest of the family think?

• Love 1

I could only listen to a few of those voicemails because you can hear real anguish and panic in Meri's voice -- I'm all for a side of schadenfudge with the Browns, but that was just Meri's psychological torture.  The impression that I got was that Sam would give attention and affection to Meri and then take it away.  She'd leave X amount of frantic, apologetic messages.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 

• Love 11

I tried to listen to the voicemails but it just felt way too intrusive...so Instead I spent about 10 minutes poking around on the notbatmanyet guy/girls website and WHAT A BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!!

First, the supposed comments from people who have seen the video....

October 6, 2015 at 7:38 am

Thats the exact bedding thats in her Twitter profile picture. They had sex in her bed?????????? Wow Um are you single Batman lol Sexxxxxxyyyyy

October 6, 2015 at 7:35 am

Omggggg!!!!!!! I dont even know what to say lollol Batman is sexy!!!! I guess polygamists love sex thats a lot of sex omg!!!!!

October 6, 2015 at 8:13 am

after seeing all of this wtf are you staying woth Kody for?????? I didnt know polygamist women like to suck dick lol I just assumed it was plain vanilla sex. Mind blooooewwnnnn

October 6, 2015 at 8:22 am

Your abs are fucking hot!!!! Do you workout a lot?? Loooll Sam is hot hot hot Why the hell were you fucking that old hag?????? You are gorgeous. I love your eyes and your smile Hot hot hot

October 6, 2015 at 8:24 am

You fuck like Zeus lol omfg!!!!!!! She really likes her arms pinned down over her head and to suck cock wown wow!!!!!!! Are you single now??? Your body is killing me damn boy. Mama gonna get me some of you ;);)

Without even reading the comments your eye can glance down the list and notice all the ones who saw the video ALL love to use !!!!!!!!! & ????????? & they also love to stretch out woooooooooords for effect. It was as if she didn't even really try, oh master of a thousand internet persona's.

Just quickly looking at the blog entries.....hahahaha.....Ok so the blog starts 6 days before she first reaches out to Meri, what a coincidence! 

Then we are expected to believe that the same person who wrote the following about his new Vegas business...."I had originally planned on flipping houses but its a softening market and I might get stuck sitting on them for longer than I want to. The price ranges Im buying the houses for are great, but the upgrades and all the fixes leave a little profit. And that concerns me." also wrote the following (in the same blog post) "And Im going to Dubai in a few months. I will stop in Paris on my way. I love going overseas. The Dubai office is finally starting to show a profit. It will be great to go see what my brokers there have purchased and what they are doing with it. Its a booming part of the country and Im proud to say I got in on it early. All of my connections through construction helped me find the right people to partner with to start a firm there."

OK....now that is really believable!  What the actual fuck? Who could read that nonsense and believe one word this psychopath writes! These are just quick examples from the few pieces of fiction that I bothered to read.

How convenient that Mr. Everyoneislookingintome posted "I will not be working for a few months. Im taking time off. I have to. Im leaving all of my business stuff in capable hands and Im going to enjoy my life. Life is too short. In the blink of an eye, this all goes away." But, But, But now who is going to go over to Dubai and lord over all of your profitable investments? Who is going to figure out what you should buy in Vegas considering Mr. Connections all over the world only figured out the Vegas housing market and what is actually is involved in flipping houses AFTER he got here. Oh who am I kidding...he hired that great kid named Mark, the one of the FLDS faith with two moms. How convenient it was to connect to Meri with this kid as his employee....what Luck!

Oh and how convenient that before anyone else on the internet know of this 'guy' or this blog he/she ends the blog with "I love the comments. I only publish a few of them. The rest I just smile at. Thank you for coming here. You are loved!"  Oh I bet he/she was just inundated with comments! Meri probably wanted to read all the adulation that he got from far and wide across the internet but oh darn, I guess he just smiled and erased them all....boo! Not to worry, I am sure he told her all about them during their conversations.

This is all such bullshit and if I am being honest...I am sort of insulted ....is this really the best this troll has to offer? Very amateurish if you ask me.

• Love 9

Do you think this catfisher had his sights set on Meri Brown?  Was she a specific target or was it just their paths crossed somehow and this psycho got obsessed with her?  This is awful.  I am just heartbroken for her having to go through this humiliation so publicly. 

I know she's not a 100% innocent party, but it is very tough to leave a fundamentalist lifestyle (speaking from experience) and one thing I've noticed is that when "normal" people are in their teens and twenties, they make a lot of mistakes and have some poor judgment when it comes to people. You learn from experience, right?  But when you are in an isolated bubble of your church (where everyone works,  socializes, dates, etc together) you don't get exposed to the variety of personalities that other people do.  When you marry young and you marry the first guy you date, you don't get your heart broken and learn to protect yourself.  So I think Meri's naive enough to fall for a catfisher because she hasn't had those opportunities to learn from mistakes. But it takes a special kind of cruelty to toy with someone who is quite obviously struggling in their marriage and then release all this publicly. 

• Love 10

Do you think this catfisher had his sights set on Meri Brown? Was she a specific target or was it just their paths crossed somehow and this psycho got obsessed with her? This is awful. I am just heartbroken for her having to go through this humiliation so publicly.

According to the email discussion between another one of Jackie Overton's victims and allaboutthetea.com, they happened to be in Vegas (Jackie had the women take her to Vegas a few times to meet Sam, but of course, something always came up) and attended an event for that scummy LIV International MLM scam the Browns are involved in. Meri was at the event. Somehow Jackie as Sam's assistant Lindsey was invited to another event at Meri's. Game on after that. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

According to the email discussion between another one of Jackie Overton's victims and allaboutthetea.com, they happened to be in Vegas (Jackie had the women take her to Vegas a few times to meet Sam, but of course, something always came up) and attended an event for that scummy LIV International MLM scam the Browns are involved in. Meri was at the event. Somehow Jackie as Sam's assistant Lindsey was invited to another event at Meri's. Game on after that.

exactly my theory as well.  She got access to Meri via the MLM. 

The Browns are pretty greedy if they're willing to open their gates to strangers for the sake of a few bucks.

exactly my theory as well. She got access to Meri via the MLM.

The Browns are pretty greedy if they're willing to open their gates to strangers for the sake of a few bucks.

It's quite poetic. The Browns and their MLM - wanting to exploit dummies for their money. But Meri (and ultimately, their brand") ends up hurt.
  • Love 3

The MLM theory sounds right.

How does that Kendra fit into this? Why did she "endorse" the catfish?

It's not exactly clear how Kendra first became involved --- but we have some insight into how her friendship with Robyn ended. Seems that Catfish contacted Kendra and used a male voice with her to "confirm" that Sam exists. Then, Kendra set up a Q&A for Sam. http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/02/sisterwives-cast-off-kendra-pollard-parra-teams-with-meri-browns-catfish-lover-on-facebook-rampage/
  • Love 1