Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Geesh. It's almost like JO is genuinely, seriously delusional because who the hell could or would keep this up, knowing the world has been advised as to what's really going on. Wouldn't most catfishes think, Damn, I'm busted. And move on?? Maybe you have to be nuts to think of these scams in the first place.

• Love 2

LOL. I guess when you're a super important international businessman like "Sam", you announce via your personal Twitter account that your employees can take a half day the day before Thanksgiving. I'm sure he'll be blogging at the Dubai airport about how much he still loves Meri.

Exactly...you have 6 businesses and and on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving you announce via TWITTER your employees are off the rest of the week.

I watched the first half hour of the first Sister Wives episode years ago and thought it was silly so I never watched it again. To me, the people on the show are homely and ignorant so I'm not wasting my energy watching.

Then this catfishing thing began and in the beginning I didn't think much of it. But the past 2 days it's become scary. JO seems like she is about to have a meltdown. She's used to all the attention she's getting in the few comments that aren't actually HER. I'm sure none of her other catfishing expeditions garnered her this much attention and it makes me wonder what she will do when it ends.

At first I thought she was just a con artist but basically harmless. Now I am beginning to wonder. Even though I think Meri is just a disgusting blob..I would hate for something to happen to those kids because of her ignorance.

• Love 2

I haven't been watching for a long time, but I see the commercials of course. That half face pic looks like Sam of Sam & Nia, the vlogging couple, he who had an Ashley Madison account.

I'm not familiar with those 2. I've never seen a vlog. JO is saying now she met Meri long before she originally said. Below is the text. It seems to me there is something the Browns are holding back..or JO is just completely insane. My opinion of the whole thing has changed overnight. I no longer think she is just a harmless charlatan. It looks like someone would try to stop her.

Samuel says:

November 24, 2015 at 3:05 pm

That’s because we have known each other a lot longer than anyone knows and she didn’t want anyone to know that. Especially Kody. I kept saying we started talking publicly March 1 2015 but we knew met a long time before than. I’m not supposed to talk about that.

Oh, so now the catfish knew Meri much earlier than he originally claimed, lol.  Someone is scrambling to stay relevant, sounds like.  The original tale has been told and played itself out, so time to come up with something new, I guess.  

It's just so damn stupid ...  you are going to publicly expose a married TV person for having a sexual affair with you, but for some reason you kept the REAL SECRET until now ...  that you actually knew each other before you originally claimed to meet her!!!  Who gives a flying &%$%^$ when you met.  It's just ridiculous.

The last thing I read over on that blog was a comment Sam made claiming he was in contact via email with one or two of the older kids.  Supposedly they contacted him through his blog and they started communicating.  What a nasty damn lie to tell. 

He has claimed before that he is talking to one of Meri's nearest and dearest friends without her knowledge and this friend supposedly thinks Meri is a big liar.  He also claimed that someone from TLC reached out to him because they think Meri is a liar and this person wanted him to help come up with questions to expose her.  But dragging the kids into it is just low, even for this scumbag.  JO is obviously just trying to spook Meri into thinking the people around her are actually buying this crap, I guess.  I hope she isn't dumb enough to fall for it.  But then again, she fell for all kinds of ridiculousness from this person, so who knows.

• Love 2

The whole thing is just wearisome.  JO lies and can't keep the timeline straight, Meri lies and can't keep the timeline straight, K doesn't care except for the impact to his "manliness" and the story changes daily.  Personally I can't stand any of them so I don't give a rat's ass about the whole sordid affair.  You choose to roll in shit, you will wear that scent for a long time.

And the more people talk about this the more power JO has.  If everyone ignored her, she would eventually fade into obscurity unless she can pick up another celebrity "victim".

So the latest news is that Sam is using this guy's pictures:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nick+bateman&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIyIrX0KvJAhWK4yYKHaEUBMEQ_AUIBygB

Nick Bateman. Looks just like the guy in the half face pic!

Eh, I don't think so.  Bateman is much better looking than the supposed half Sam photo and some of the features are different, although that would make sense out of the "Not Batman Yet" title.

The last thing I read over on that blog was a comment Sam made claiming he was in contact via email with one or two of the older kids.  Supposedly they contacted him through his blog and they started communicating.  What a nasty damn lie to tell.

Yeah, also "Sam" posted the transcript of a brief chat between "Lindsay" and Meri.  Oh, so he has copies of "Lindsay's" chats with Meri now?  Yeah, right, sher.....

Also, posting vegan recipes as late as the 20th when he supposedly was having an emotional meltdown over being without his love and was barely able to cope?  Again, yeah, right, sher...NOT BUYING IT.

• Love 1

Thanks to all of you who are interested enough to follow the catfishing plot.  The whole thing seems somewhat fishy to me, but I am not sure quite what the "truth" is so I will now refer to it as the catfishy story line. 

The only adult who seems somewhat happy in all this mess is Robyn.  Meri seems to want out; Janelle is checked out, and Christine is just out as far as Kody is concerned.  I think Kody is unhappy because he doesn't have the control he wants.  He mentioned he has been with Robyn for 5 years (I can't believe these idiots have been on tv that long) so it should be interesting in 2-3 years when the "7 year itch" kicks in and he starts looking for a younger baby machine. By that time,though, maybe TLC will have pulled the plug on this idiocy. 

I still feel sorry for Meri although I don't like a lot of what has been shown about her, and I think she brought many of her problems on herself (which is not that unusual in the real world).  I think she only signed up for this polygamy  because it was a condition Kody put on  marrying her. I bet she thought she could change him if she loved him enough.  Meanwhile her friend/SIL gets a divorce and "marries" Meri's husband. And Janelle's mother is sorta Meri's MIL. This whole set up invites trouble.  I dislike Janelle for this; in fact, I dislike her the most of the 3 "original" sister wives. I doubt Christine was much of a threat as Kody seems never to have loved her; her only threat to Meri was in the baby production business. I wish Meri would just leave if that is what she wants. Mariah is fairly well launched. I do think Meri is attached to the other children and would probably have trouble seeing them if she really left, though; maybe that's what keeps her--that plus the TLC money.  I would watch this show as the polygamy deteriorates leaving Kody  either by himself or with only Robyn. I think he will tire of her, too.

• Love 4

The whole thing is just wearisome.  JO lies and can't keep the timeline straight, Meri lies and can't keep the timeline straight, K doesn't care except for the impact to his "manliness" and the story changes daily.  Personally I can't stand any of them so I don't give a rat's ass about the whole sordid affair.  You choose to roll in shit, you will wear that scent for a long time.

And the more people talk about this the more power JO has.  If everyone ignored her, she would eventually fade into obscurity unless she can pick up another celebrity "victim".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That works both ways. A lot of people want Sister Wives and the all things Duggar taken off the air, yet they(we) are the only reason they continue the shows. It doesn't matter what kind of freak you are..even if you someone victimizing one of the freaks. People love freak shows and have since the days of P.T. Barnum.

Edited by BasqueGirl
  • Love 2

Oh, so now the catfish knew Meri much earlier than he originally claimed, lol.  Someone is scrambling to stay relevant, sounds like.  The original tale has been told and played itself out, so time to come up with something new, I guess.  

It's just so damn stupid ...  you are going to publicly expose a married TV person for having a sexual affair with you, but for some reason you kept the REAL SECRET until now ...  that you actually knew each other before you originally claimed to meet her!!!  Who gives a flying &%$%^$ when you met.  It's just ridiculous.

He has claimed before that he is talking to one of Meri's nearest and dearest friends without her knowledge and this friend supposedly thinks Meri is a big liar.  He also claimed that someone from TLC reached out to him because they think Meri is a liar and this person wanted him to help come up with questions to expose her.  But dragging the kids into it is just low, even for this scumbag.  JO is obviously just trying to spook Meri into thinking the people around her are actually buying this crap, I guess.  I hope she isn't dumb enough to fall for it.  But then again, she fell for all kinds of ridiculousness from this person, so who knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the scary part. This is probably JO's first well known (I refuse to use celebrity) victim and she is feeding off the attention. I believe that's why she hanging on and changing things around to keep the attention flowing. What will she do when it all stops?

I'm a psychiatric nurse practitioner and an astrologer (my dad was a psychiatrist) and I'm fascinated with serial killers. For years I've tried to find the line between the criminaly insane and just plain evil. This is what brought me to this forum and several others. There are several very creepy things that stand out to me. One is why does JO insist she is 6 ft. 6 inches tall? That has to mean something. To me, JO's mental state is much more interesting than an overweight family of losers.

• Love 2

I still feel sorry for Meri although I don't like a lot of what has been shown about her, and I think she brought many of her problems on herself (which is not that unusual in the real world). I think she only signed up for this polygamy because it was a condition Kody put on marrying her. I bet she thought she could change him if she loved him enough. Meanwhile her friend/SIL gets a divorce and "marries" Meri's husband. And Janelle's mother is sorta Meri's MIL. This whole set up invites trouble. I dislike Janelle for this; in fact, I dislike her the most of the 3 "original" sister wives. I doubt Christine was much of a threat as Kody seems never to have loved her; her only threat to Meri was in the baby production business. I wish Meri would just leave if that is what she wants. Mariah is fairly well launched. I do think Meri is attached to the other children and would probably have trouble seeing them if she really left, though; maybe that's what keeps her--that plus the TLC money. I would watch this show as the polygamy deteriorates leaving Kody either by himself or with only Robyn. I think he will tire of her, too.

Agree totally on the Janelle bit. She's just as stealthy as Robyn. And just as lazy as the others. She gets/got cred for having an actual job to support the family and blah blah but what I saw was a woman who'd rather be sitting on her ass at her desk pushing paperwork in an admin position with the state of Utah, eating donuts or what have you, getting a chance to do her own thing while Christine and Logan did the grunt work raising her kids. I'm guessing in all that time (however long it was) with the state, she never got or asked for a promotion. And also that she's probably not a whiz-bang real estate agent either. Are there any listings that are actually in her name as the agent or is she just appearing at open houses?

The whole weight loss saga was a waste too. All she did was whine about how hard it was while giving Trainer Sean his 15 minutes (which appear to be done thank God). Looking at her now, it's apparent to me anyway that she's gained all her weight back, plus a bit more. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but she needs to OWN IT.

ETA - without looking I'm going to bet that there are fans posting on Twitter and FB about how slim Janelle looked in the tell all. With hand in crotch. Lol

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7

Regarding Janelle - I did read their book when it first came out, but I don't remember if this was covered: how did Janelle come to marry Kody in the first place?  Did Janelle meet Kody and then divorce Meri's brother?  Did Kody pursue Janelle while she was still married, or was she divorced when she met Kody?  I would think that Meri would not encourage this to happen, as the party being left behind was her own brother.  I cannot imagine the internal monologue in Meri's head: "hey, now that Janelle is free, even though she dumped my brother, why not make things really icky and ask her to share my husband?"  I mean...isn't that, like, really gross?  Does anyone know what the timeline on that weird inter-marriage thing was?

I also think it's interesting how Meri and Janelle never really discuss it, which makes me think it was weirder than I already believe it to be.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 1

I didn't read the book, but the version I heard was that Janelle went to Kody and said "I think I'm supposed to be married to you."  Not sure whether this was before or after she got divorced.  

If she and Meri were friends before either knew Kody, she likely would have just met him the way you meet a sister-in-law/friend's boyfriend/fiance/husband.

Agree totally on the Janelle bit. She's just as stealthy as Robyn. And just as lazy as the others. She gets/got cred for having an actual job to support the family and blah blah but what I saw was a woman who'd rather be sitting on her ass at her desk pushing paperwork in an admin position with the state of Utah, eating donuts or what have you, getting a chance to do her own thing while Christine and Logan did the grunt work raising her kids. I'm guessing in all that time (however long it was) with the state, she never got or asked for a promotion. And also that she's probably not a whiz-bang real estate agent either. Are there any listings that are actually in her name as the agent or is she just appearing at open houses?

I hear you, I see the same things about Janelle.  Just because she wears a pleasant, rational face doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on underneath to make her just as bad as the others in her own way.  I don't judge a book by its cover.  Plus, calling her the smartest one of the bunch doesn't say much with these idiots.  If she was so smart she wouldn't have let herself get bamboozled into polygamy in the first place.  I don't think Janelle is as in touch with her feelings as even the other wives.  She has minimal needs because it's her temperament to be that way plus she has rationalized them all away.  So it's easy for her to sit there and put not that much effort into anything but come out smelling like a rose just because she's so pleasant and emotionless and knows how to make herself look like the backbone of the family.

• Love 3

The exact chain of events with Janelle's addition to the family has never been made specifically clear. We do know Janelle was divorced about two years before she was spiritually married to Kody. As Meri's SIL, she certainly KNEW Meri and Kody while she was married to Adam Barber. She has told her "cute" story several times that when she met Meri and Kody she had no previous knowledge of polygamy, and that she referred to them as her little polygamous friends, as though they were a darling novelty. Assuming that Janelle purposely left Barber for Kody can only be pure speculation.

I don't think Janelle was "bamboozled" into polygamy. I think she, among all the wives, may have the cleanest entry into the lifestyle because she had no exposure to it in her developmental years. She really chose it in a way the other wives didn't. And frankly, polygamous groups CLAIM that one of the wonderful parts of plural marriage for women is that they get to choose any man they want. Janelle did that--she followed that dictum. She wanted Kody, she pursued Kody, and Kody--terribly anxious to establish himself as a badass plyg husband--was amenable. Meri agreed to plural marriage when she married Kody, and if Kody was okay with taking on Janelle as second wife, Meri just had to bend--though she didn't have to like it (and obviously DIDN'T!)

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 2

I don't think Janelle was "bamboozled" into polygamy. I think she, among all the wives, may have the cleanest entry into the lifestyle because she had no exposure to it in her developmental years. She really chose it in a way the other wives didn't. And frankly, polygamous groups CLAIM that one of the wonderful parts of plural marriage for women is that they get to choose any man they want. Janelle did that--she followed that dictum. She wanted Kody, she pursued Kody, and Kody--terribly anxious to establish himself as a badass plyg husband--was amenable. Meri agreed to plural marriage when she married Kody, and if Kody was okay with taking on Janelle as second wife, Meri just had to bend--though she didn't have to like it (and obviously DIDN'T!)

Actually I think her having chosen polygamy only makes it worse and less understandable because she can't be excused for having grown up with it in her developmental years.  So she is 100% responsible for choosing that lifestyle. Any woman that would do that would need their head examined, IMHO.  For someone supposedly so smart and rational, that's like the 800 pound gorilla in the room right there.  That's why she doesn't leave when it seems like she should - She's not what she seems to be on the outside.  She either buys the line of crap about that lifestyle in their religion or she's involved in it purely for some kind of strange self-serving reasons, neither of which makes her look as put together as she seems to be on the outside.

• Love 2

Mixed in with all the lies the Catfisher tells are some truths. One thing I do believe are all the sentimental claims of love and heartbreak- I actually think JO really fell in love with Meri, and part of Meri's angst when she first realized it was a sham, was that she missed her companion. Remember in the movie Tootsie- how the actress chick told her catfisher that she missed Dorothy- and he told her that Dorothy was still there- in him. Too bad Meri isn't super evolved- she could have Sam ala JO! Can't be that much worse than Kody!! Meri is now fully submitted back under Kody's boot, and gets the message loud and clear that how dare she want more for herself. None of them will leave- in fact, I think Janelle loves her life just the way it is. Could someone show her how to sit without looking like a linebacker? She wants to eat whatever she wants, not have to deal with a husband every night, and be her lazy self. So many people love Janelle and think she is so smart, and such a great mother, but I think she has a missing intimacy chip, and cannot deal with any close emotional connections ( wonder if something happened to her as a child....). I am sick of their lies- Meri could have done some good by shutting JO down, instead she chose to minimize any responsibility, and go for ratings.

• Love 4

Considering the personality traits of Janelle and her tendency to apparently block out emotions I can kind of see why Janelle and Robyn seem to still thrive in polygamy and Christine and Meri are floundering. It would seem you either have to be detached from the situation or the one in power/in the most favour with the husband to be happy in it. Or you have to have a husband who gives absolute fair and equitable treatment to all wives(though to be honest even then it could be depressing). Though you can forget about that last one with Kody.

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 1

I agree with the poster above that said the mental status of JO is more interesting than Sister Lies ( wives), but also agree that JO is feeding off of all the attention. Many diehard SW fans think that because JO obviously lies, that ALL of her claims should be discounted, but I think there are truths and lies intermingled with exaggerations. It seems incredible that Kody and the other wives do not know the extent of Meri's involvement with " Sam", but we, the viewers have sleuthed out all the ugly details. Meri mentioned that she had spoken with a few of the older kids about what happened just a few hours before the "Tell Nothing/ Tell All" special was filmed- but news of this has been public for months. Do these people live in a bubble?!

• Love 3

Meri mentioned that she had spoken with a few of the older kids about what happened just a few hours before the "Tell Nothing/ Tell All" special was filmed- but news of this has been public for months. Do these people live in a bubble?!

The special was filmed just as the Catfish story was breaking.

I still can wrap my head around the fact that frumpy, unattractive Meri thought that a handsome, rich businessman would want to be with her, when he could be with a younger, beautiful woman.  She is delusional.

This is a woman who thinks she deserves the biggest house with extra amenities, though she lives alone and doesn't have a job. So why should a chubby, unattractive, broke woman not deserve a rich, hot stud?

From the speculation above about Meri to live in a Plyg marriage just to get Kody: I thought Metis parents were Plyg and she grew up in that lifestyle. Am I wrong?

Btw, I love all the janelle bashing. I never like the credit that was given to her about being so smart, looking good...etc. she is as big as dimwit as the rest of them.

• Love 9

The whole Jenelle story seems wonky. Her mother married Kody's father , Jenelle was living in a Teepee on their property (I know), spied Kody and wanted in or on, whatever. If she had been married to Meri's brother, wouldn't. She be familiar with the plyg life?

This is a woman who thinks she deserves the biggest house with extra amenities, though she lives alone and doesn't have a job. So why should a chubby, unattractive, broke woman not deserve a rich, hot stud?

From the speculation above about Meri to live in a Plyg marriage just to get Kody: I thought Metis parents were Plyg and she grew up in that lifestyle. Am I wrong?

Btw, I love all the janelle bashing. I never like the credit that was given to her about being so smart, looking good...etc. she is as big as dimwit as the rest of them.

Meri's parents were polygamists - her father had five wives. Which is where her connection to David (Robyn's ex/cousin of her father's wives) comes in.

@waterlilly- Exactly. Janelle's mother became a polygamist after Janelle married Kody but after being around Meri and her brother, you would think she'd understand a lot about polygamy. Plus she comes from a long line of LDS Mormons.

Edited by NotRealYet
  • Love 3

"Sam" managed to check in on his blog the other day while traveling from Paris to Dubai.

I'm waiting for JO to reveal that "Sam" isn't actually a super-important international businessman, but instead is a member of a Special Ops team who was in Paris/Dubai to thwart a terrorist attack.

• Love 7

"Sam" managed to check in on his blog the other day while traveling from Paris to Dubai.

I'm waiting for JO to reveal that "Sam" isn't actually a super-important international businessman, but instead is a member of a Special Ops team who was in Paris/Dubai to thwart a terrorist attack.

Egils, when I saw the supposed facetime phone pics of that dude , not half-face dude probably in some eastern euro country no one has ever heard of , and not the second bearded dude, but this latest one in the phone pics (who knows what is 'ril' anymore about this whole story, the whole thing is so ridiculous) but Itotally thought of 'Dante' in that movie 'Clerks' not like he even looks like him so much but that same vibe.    For those not familiar Dante is the one working there.

I don't really care if there was an actual dude, or not, or a real dude and a catfish orchestrator, whatever. Silent Bob has advice for the catfish, male or female. Video may contain objectionable language, those easily offended won't like it.

• Love 2

The cheesy flower arrangement shown in one of the pictures on Batman's blog would be enough proof to me that is not an world traveler and owner of 6 companies. That is the equivalent of a reach in refrig at a chain grocery store. Why in the name of Hell was she sending "him" pictures of her house? I have second hand embarrassment from that collection.

It will be a miracle if these clowns are back next season.

• Love 1

Yes, but in Meri's defense, look at how happy the big house, wet bar and all the extras she absolutely had to have made her.

Oh wait.....

I still don't get why the people here are so hard on her about however they decide to slice their pie. They're not on the welfare now for their tater tot casseroles  or whathaveyou. I mean all that stuff is essentially castles in the sand if the show doesn't go on indefinitely and they haven't paid them off or can't afford the yearly taxes even after they do, or even the probably ridiculous air conditioning bills one would have to live there when it's hot. It's hard to see her as acting like the big cheese 1s wife after this last debacle. Yeah maybe she and Janelle didn't get along and maybe she was a jerk to her, that's a separate issue from who gets what.

I'm sure she can be annoying like we all can at times, but she doesn't strike me as a terrible person. It makes me kind of wonder if Janelle was maybe exaggerating, or maybe at the time whatever happened hurt more way back when, but now it is looked at as not that huge whatever happened. Thing is, we don't really know whether Meri was like a mommy dearest or whether  it was just like roommates who have different schedules, like different music or when to do the dishes- when two very different people are put in close quarters kind of thing like they were saying.

Whether said catfish was some dude and JO was used to cover it up or whether it was JO the whole time to me is rather immaterial to the fact that this was a woman who was clearly feeling lonely and depressed, and for all their happy tweets, she likely wasn't feeling much love or support for this to even happen.

Not that the other original 2 haven't had their share of stress and bs as well but it must suck feeling like the other two have built up 'cred' just for having tons of kids when she couldn't and how many times was that rubbed in her face that we don't know about, like the "see Meri your divorce was all worth it!" (would Christine have even said that if they were that close?) and that was on TV, so it makes me wonder if either those kinds of things have been said all along, or maybe the resentments are only now floating to the surface because tv has emboldened them, or the money, separate houses, next door or not- have instilled more of a sense of competition and score-keeping- strange because they probably all have more now than they ever have. Meri probably comes across much tougher and together than she really is, you can see that from watching the old episodes, but that facade has been blown to bits.

I don't buy Kody's 'oh I thought you were going to leave us' like he is all hurt and betrayed. He sure didn't look like that in the tell-all, which could mean a few things. He knows for sure somehow that JO isn't a convenient cover for something real and therefore because it was a woman, it doesn't count, even if Meri thought it was a man. Or two, he doesn't care either way but will pretend to insofar as it keeps the gravy train on schedule. The cameras aren't there all the time and we only see what they put on the show. Or 3, regardless of whether man/woman he does care

but he is more pissed off than hurt because it makes him look bad, either embarrassed or like he hasn't been taking care of business making everyone happy. Or some other thing or a  combination of the above, but given how he has acted in the past with blowing off the original three, he probably doesn't really care all that much or cares in a noninvested way, like 'oh that sucks that happened to her' like a friend would, but not that involved.

In general though, we are pretty hard on her, when it probably over the years has really sucked to be her. You can see the changes in her watching the old episodes. Maybe they weren't all as pall-sy as they had us believe in the beginning but it did seem they were at least getting by with some sense of respect or civility. I don't know if they trust each other or have each other's backs like the are tweeting about unless they have had a major pow-wow and come to some agreements they all follow, not just 'girl-code' (who uses that expression who is like 25 +?). I don't know, it would be very sad if they were just hanging in there as a group for the show and should that end, what would happen then?

• Love 6

The cheesy flower arrangement shown in one of the pictures on Batman's blog would be enough proof to me that is not an world traveler and owner of 6 companies. That is the equivalent of a reach in refrig at a chain grocery store.

JO went to FTD.com and sorted arrangements from least expensive to most expensive. Then, she purchased the cheapest one. That $25,000 she swindled from one victim was most likely all the 'income' JO had for 2015 (unless she collects SSDI, which is possible because she's batshit crazy). Meri was impressed with the basic bouquet because Kody hasn't done anything for her in a long, long time.

I hope that Meri ventures out into the dating field again because she looked so happy during her time with JO.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5
I don't know, it would be very sad if they were just hanging in there as a group for the show and should that end, what would happen then?

I think hanging in because of the show is a given.  They have no other discernible income.  Without the show, there go the houses, free trips, free restaurant meals, etc.

The reality of this "reality show" is that they are all miserable (except Kodoofus and his witch bride) but will continue to try and come up with what they feel are compelling stories to keep TLC renewing.  That includes milking the whole catfish thing for as long as possible even if it means torturing one off their own.  Once TLC cuts them loose I'm sure The Lord High Prophet of the Brown Phony Religion will come up with some new rules to invoke (since he makes them up as he goes anyway) and inform the other wives that his planet is now off limits and to take a hike.

• Love 6

Can anyone shed some light on the rumor that JO invested in LIV, posing as Lindsay? There are still die hard fans that believe everything Meri said, and that since JO is a known liar, that nothing she has said or released is valid or truthful. They would rather believe that Meri was hacked, and threatened than that she fell in love with a fictional person. It defies logic to think that Meri sent those photos and VM's under duress from JO's threats. I know data can be transferred from one phone to another, and passwords can be obrained, but I thought iPhones that were not jail broken were very difficult to hack. JO does not seem like a skilled hacker that could put her phone on top of Meri's and be able to know her whereabouts, know I side information etc. I think Meri lied, and omitted details because she was caught red handed, and would do anything to minimize how involved she was.

Kodoofus! New to this forum....almost snorted coffee on my keyboard...

Seemed to me that at one time Meri believed in this lifestyle but after 20 years down the road it's really starting to wear on her. She's swollen and bloated and visibly stressed....a person can't fake that....Robyn is pregnant AGAIN and Kody divorced her to marry Robyn....though it was supposedly so Kody could adopt Robyn's kids...she's got to feel pushed out in favor of the younger more fertile model.

Now losing her status as the legal wife, daughter off to college, going through perimenopause/menopause, Kody may be neglecting her or not present enough for her...who wouldn't be unhappy with all that on! Just the hormonal changes hit me with 50 extra pounds and drove me batshit crazy!

• Love 4

Can anyone shed some light on the rumor that JO invested in LIV, posing as Lindsay?

JO's victim right before Meri was present with "Lindsey" at Meri's house for a LIV party (per victim's post). Most likely using money from that victim, "Sam" purchased $800 in LIV crap (per his blog).

There are still die hard fans that believe everything Meri said, .

Where are these people? In imaginary Dubai with "Sam"?
  • Love 3

The guy in question was younger than her, was extremely good looking and had more money than God.  If you were to believe him (I dont know how one would but) He owns million dollar houses (as in plural) he ones THREE airplanes, he travels the world first class with no expense spared.  If you were to be with him you would have a life akin to true life fairy princess.

Is it wrong to think a man like this would most likely not pick Meri from Sisterwives.....I dont think so.

I wonder if being part of TLC and having a "show" somehow skewed her judgment.   

From JO's latest blog:

Then I flew off to Dubai to meet up with 5 of my buddies. They are all stationed in Japan and could not get home in time to spend the holiday with their families.

I'm a Veteran (who was once "stationed in Japan") and I just can't with this blog anymore.  They can't get home ----  but they can afford to go to Dubai?!!!

• Love 4

From JO's latest blog:

I'm a Veteran (who was once "stationed in Japan") and I just can't with this blog anymore.  They can't get home ----  but they can afford to go to Dubai?!!!

I read that garbage. Now he(SHE) is saying he's going to adopt a kid and he's open to love again. The losers posting on that blog better be careful because it looks like he's going fishing again.

I just had a thought after posting that. Maybe 'Sam's' undying love for Meri was part of a ploy. To make 'him' seem unatainable for awhile, get an audience and become available again. Like dangling bait and pulling it back, to make it look more appetizing.

• Love 1

Not that we needed evidence that Sam is an invention, but something about a jetsetting jetsetter saying he 'flew off' to Dubai rings so laughably fakety fakesville. It's so aspirational, like he's recounting a daydream or a fantasy. Real Sam (ahem) would just say he flew to Dubai, or headed there, or was off to there. He wouldn't 'fly off' anywhere!

• Love 5

Thanks, Cofcinci- I was sure I read something online about JO being involved with LIV through Meri. Kind of funny that Meri was trying to snag some unsuspecting person to buy into LIV, and in turn she ended up getting catfished by that person. I still think if there had been any real threatening behavior, as Meri claims, that the authorities would have been contacted. Meri's family bought her whole side of the story and she thought everyone else would too-but most people that have followed this see that she was all in with "Sam",and was ready to chuck her spiritual husband, her family, and her current lifestyle for a life with "Sam".

• Love 2