Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

All of course without any notice by anyone in real life. 

Starting with the texts from the Disney trip, when Sam purportedly met Meri and Mariah.  I think that people would notice some 6'6" dude, wearing dress shorts, short sleeve shirt and a TIE at Disneyland.  and if they had sex the night before (as JO stated) why would Meri need a description of his apparel to identify him??

Perhaps "Sam" was concerned that in spite of the fact that they allegedly bumped uglies the evening before, Meri would be blinded by the drop-dead sexiness of a 6'6 man in dress shorts, a short sleeve shirt and tie and not recognize him.

• Love 1

I agree the thread has derailed a little, but most of what JO posts is about Meri, at least?  I don't know how the mods would feel about a separate thread on her catfisher either, and I haven't found many places outside of previously.tv where people are discussing this insanity!

(And wow, JO released a BOATLOAD of crazy yesterday!)

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 2

(And wow, JO released a BOATLOAD of crazy yesterday!)

She sure did.  It turns out "Sam" was a Marine for eight years.  I am waiting for someone to debunk that, because shouldn't that be easy to verify (or disprove?) Oh wait, I am sure he was some kind of "secret agent" Marine or something, so of course there would be no record of his service .... 

I am waiting to hear Sam was also an Eagle Scout and he regularly donates his blood which is filled with some kind of super-rare antibodies that can cure countless diseases.  The crazy just never stops .... 

I find it absolutely *precious* that "Sam" is now attacking some (probably non-existent) person who supposedly tried to catfish him (Jackie posted this big expose of the communication between Sam and this woman, who in the end saw the light and is now begging Sam's forgiveness for not believing in him).   It includes supposedly personal stuff about this woman, I guess as some kind of attempt to intimidate anyone else who might be thinking of doing the same?  Jackie claims the whole dossier has been sent to the woman's local police, oooohh!!!  Scary!      

Also quite amusing: "Sam" explaining that the book cover of the kid walking in the dirt was a big joke and was never really going to be the cover of the book.  I guess the online response was not what Jackie had hoped, so she is walking that mess back, lol

Oh, also ... someone on the twitter tracked a video "Sam" posted of his trip to the Space Needle to someone else's youtube, lol.  Jackie just stole it and tried to pass it off as having been shot by "Sam" to prove he was in Seattle this weekend.  hahahha!  how nuts!

• Love 3
I am waiting to hear Sam was also an Eagle Scout and he regularly donates his blood which is filled with some kind of super-rare antibodies that can cure countless diseases.  The crazy just never stops .... 

Actually, I believe "he" mentioned at some point that he has cancer or had cancer (leukemia), so he wouldn't be able to donate.  Not that logic and fact would stop JO!

• Love 1

No give Jo her own thread, tired of coming here and it's never about Merri, yep it's way over due.

Again, I disagree. Overton thrives on the attention and the ONLY reason she's getting any to begin with is the Meri connection.

Respectfully why would you be "tired of coming here" when you'd just have to go to another thread anyway...I don't mean to be argumentative, but for me the crux of this is how the Browns will react, if they do. It all comes back to Meri. IMO.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4

I would ignore the Jo thread, since the Brown's won't talk or react about her at this point, and its proven she's a con artist, why give her all this attention. This is Meri's thread, I come to check if she has done or said anything.

• Love 3

I find it frustrating to come and only see posts about JO and not about Meri. But then I don't really care about Meri anyway, so it makes sense to keep all of her stuff in one place. I can always skip posts until I see something that interests me. Oh wait, this is SW. Never mind.

• Love 1

I feel that the catfish discussion should stay in this thread because Meri's relationship with this person is part of her storyline and I anticipate that it will be part of Meri's storyline next season, too.  

I think she will be shown responding to what the catfish is doing right now, but she will try to put her own spin on it.  I for one would rather follow and discuss the activities of the catfish here in real time and form my own impression rather than wait for her and the other Browns to shape the story to their liking for TV purposes.  Keeping things in one thread will make it easier to reference all the events related to the situation, and it will prevent the inevitable overlap between two threads that would eventually end up discussing the same events next season. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

Does Meri look at herself in pictures and somehow just not see that she is a very strange, very unnatural color?  Someone take away that woman's bronzer already.

The catfish thing was interesting at first, but now it's just so boring and repetitive. I feel like everyone is repeating themselves even when the info is technically new. If it's all staying here I may just take SW off my followed forums for a while.

I wish someone would post something more interesting to talk about if they don't care for the catfish discussion.  Because without it, this entire show's thread would basically be dead.   I will be happy to participate in a discussion of some other topic if anyone can think of one. 

• Love 2

Smile Meri. Hope you don't mind giving up your nights so Kody can help Robyn with the baby.

Does Meri - for that matter any of the other wives - really have nights with Kody on a regular basis at this point?

I wish someone would post something more interesting to talk about if they don't care for the catfish discussion.  Because without it, this entire show's thread would basically be dead.   I will be happy to participate in a discussion of some other topic if anyone can think of one. 

Totally concur with this.  There is nothing new about Meri herself, we would just be posting a bunch of Twitter memes.  

Edited by DakotaJustice

I used to run a mailing list and when people started to complain about posts they didn't like or found repetitive, I used to remind them that they had a delete key they could use if they didn't like something.  In this case I'd just suggest ignoring those posts or to post something they find more interesting to change the topic.  The people on a mailing list (or board) are not there to entertain everyone, just make posts about things that interest them and perhaps other people - or not.  Besides, this thread would be pretty dead right now between seasons if not for the JO blog discussion.

I personally think the JO situation is all about Meri and I agree with those that would not want to give JO her own thread so as to make her feel like someone special.  And I haven't found the posts about that repetitive or boring because I like to hear what other people have to say about JOs impersonation of a straight guy that had an online affair with Meri.  It boggles the mind.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

I think giving JO her own thread would seem like some sort of win for her

Who cares what JO thinks? Do you all really think she reads PTV??

There's plenty to discuss about Meri without totally talking about her relationship with JO, especially now that (supposedly) that relationship is non-existant.

Moderators: Can we please enjoy the Meri thread without having to read all about JO's antics? It's like any other TV show. IOW, if we want to talk solely about ONE particular person, we are asked to move our discussion(s) to that person's thread. Why should Meri's thread be any different?!?

• Love 4

Moderators: Please leave this thread the way it is.  The JO catfish scandal has a lot to do with Meri.  She has a "book" spilling details, well sort of, that is going to be out there.  I think it is relevant.  JO does not deserve her own thread IMO.  There is not much else going on with Meri except this.  I am sure with time this issue will be addressed more.  How can it not be? With a supposed book to be released soon, etc.  Just my opinion.

• Love 11

There's plenty to discuss about Meri without totally talking about her relationship with JO, especially now that (supposedly) that relationship is non-existant.

Moderators: Can we please enjoy the Meri thread without having to read all about JO's antics? It's like any other TV show. IOW, if we want to talk solely about ONE particular person, we are asked to move our discussion(s) to that person's thread. Why should Meri's thread be any different?!?

Oh, I'm quite certain that Overton does read here and all other forums regarding SW. Here in particular, because for the most part we are an exceptionally eloquent group with interesting, well-written, concise viewpoints. Anytime I see Celia or SometimesBites (just to name two regulars here) I know I am in for a pleasurable, thoughtful, amusing read. Besides I've noticed that "Sam" tends to address/refute statements shortly after they are made here or at CJ's blog.

If you take the current "Almost Meri'd" situation out of the thread, this will be a dead thread. (Witness the attempt to bring up a new topic - Meri's physical looks in the baby announcement photo - I'm not personally a fan of snarking on someone's looks as that is generally something that can't be controlled and there is only so much even I can discuss about weight loss and fitness.)

I for one find the catfish topic much more interesting than going on about Meri's orange skin or her expression in photos. If you want to get technical, then all discussion regarding the new baby should be limited to Robyn's thread.

Really, Meri is quite a boring person. All she does is post memes on Twitter. TLC and the Browns are probably thanking their lucky stars that this whole Catfish saga started, because without it, the show would have tanked this season, baby or no. There was a big ratings surge *only* because people tuned in to see what the Browns were doing about the catfish situation.

If Overton gets her own thread, should Kendra also get her own thread? She's generally discussed in Robyn's thread because Robyn is/was her friend. Should Trainer Sean have gotten his own thread when he split with his wife and started dating that young girl? We discussed on Janelle's thread and no one said a peep.

I think the moderators here do an excellent job, having been one I know it's not all beer and skittles. I will of course defer to whatever is decided by the powers that be on PTV, but my own opinion as stated previously is that the catfish story is Meri's story and should remain on Meri's thread. Obviously InTouch and People Magazine feel the same way since Meri is referenced/pictures/etc whenever that topic is addressed in their publication.

Readers here who don't want to read commentsry regarding Overton can put me on block or ignore, because while this story is playing out, my posts will most likely be focused on this subject. I will not be posting about Meri's hair or orange skin or Twitter posts or her white stitched jeans or her wet bar or the new baby. So if you put me on ignore, then you won't be subjected to my thoughts and opinions while I await Meri's real reaction to the fallout from the chain of events that she started (IMO) when she invited Overton into her house for a LIV party a year ago.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 11

I used to run a mailing list and when people started to complain about posts they didn't like or found repetitive, I used to remind them that they had a delete key they could use if they didn't like something. In this case I'd just suggest ignoring those posts or to post something they find more interesting to change the topic. The people on a mailing list (or board) are not there to entertain everyone, just make posts about things that interest them and perhaps other people - or not. Besides, this thread would be pretty dead right now between seasons if not for the JO blog discussion.

I literally already said that's what I was going to do... but thanks anyway.

I agree, thank you for the post!

If JO was out catfishing other people and doing other crazy stuff that had nothing to do with his/her relationship with Meri, I'd find somewhere else to talk about that.  But most of what she posts is about Meri and their relationship and the other members of the Brown family.  For all the fiction out there, Meri did have a relationship with JO that has become quite public.   

• Love 4

Re:  the photo of Meri and child

Whenever the fahhmily posts something like this, it completely boggles my mind that a woman would celebrate and pose happily with the child her husband just fathered with another woman*.  I mean, I know I'm just an ignorant monogamous shark who doesn't understand the magical specialness of polygamist life, but trying to understand that situation seriously makes my brain malfunction.  It just does not compute.  And if Meri's trying to look like a genuinely happy person in that picture, I don't think she's quite succeeding.  

* Obviously surrogate situations and children from previous relationships are different.  I don't mean to offend anybody.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 3

Put me in the camp that would prefer that the JO/Meri yak yak should stay here. I don't check this forum everyday, but it's a good lunchtime read.

And because it can't be said often enough, kody=asshat. I think that will be my tagline for posting in this forum. Hopefully the mods won't mind.

• Love 4

Re: the photo of Meri and child

Whenever the fahhmily posts something like this, it completely boggles my mind that a woman would celebrate and pose happily with the child her husband just fathered with another woman*. I mean, I know I'm just an ignorant monogamous shark who doesn't understand the magical specialness of polygamist life, but trying to understand that situation seriously makes my brain malfunction. It just does not compute. And if Meri's trying to look like a genuinely happy person in that picture, I don't think she's quite succeeding.

* Obviously surrogate situations and children from previous relationships are different. I don't mean to offend anybody.

I get what you mean, I would have a very difficult time being at the birth of my husband's child from a different relationship, let a lone standing with all the mothers of his children for a happy photo. I think it's amazing how these women can put a side their feelings to show support for all the kids. I love kids, but I can't imagine the feelings they must go through with each birth. Of course they have their religion, and the way they're raise to prepare them for these moments.

I will not be posting about Meri's hair or orange skin or Twitter posts or her white stitched jeans or her wet bar or the new baby.

Yeah, and speaking of topics that have been beaten to death about Meri, these are kind of up there.  (New baby being whatever new baby of the moment).  The JO topic has not even been around that long yet, while Meri's orange skin and painted on jeans have been around for YEARS and are topics I'm pretty tired of by now, but would never ask to remove.  Snark is snark, it's all good, LOL.

• Love 4

Latest news - Overton is coming out on Twitter as "herself" and stating that she's being dragged through the mud and she plans to sue the pants off of InTouch, People, and Meri.  And that she doesn't know Sam or Lindz, but has talked to both of them as well as Kendra.  I wonder what brought this out - the Bullshit Book Club?

• Love 5

Cover your eyes, those of you who don't want to read about JO!

Sam just announced that Jackie Overton has got a lawyer and is suing Meri and TLC and People Magazine and In Touch for slander.  He has posted stuff from her twitter in which she states that she doesn't know Sam, she's never been to Las Vegas, and she's never met Meri.  She is currently holding court on twitter, basically arguing like hell with everyone about everything.  It is quite epic.  

Her twitter handle is JackieMOverton if you want to read it for yourself.  

I personally don't believe she is suing anyone, certainly not Meri or TLC.  If I recall correctly, Meri has never once spoken her name, nor was her name ever uttered on TLC.  Her claim that she is suing them proves she is lying about even having a lawyer because the first thing a lawyer would have told her is that she has no case for slander against Meri or TLC.  I think it's all just more fantasy.

I have to wonder, though ..... perhaps this whole thing blowing up right now is a graceful way for "Sam" to duck out on his book release and his blog.  Since Jackie has cleared his name, there is no need to go on, and he may choose to just close this chapter of his life, right?  Funny how this all coincides with the rumor out there right now that Jackie is about to be arrested again on a new warrant that was just issued for not paying those fines from a few months ago.  Because if Jackie goes to jail, there won't be a Batman blog and the "book release" (aka the mass mailing of her convoluted, rambling word document to the fools who actually paid her $6) will be delayed while Jackie is in the slammer.  Is this how our catfish is finally going to kill off Sam?

• Love 4

I personally don't believe she is suing anyone, certainly not Meri or TLC.  If I recall correctly, Meri has never once spoken her name, nor was her name ever uttered on TLC.  Her claim that she is suing them proves she is lying about even having a lawyer because the first thing a lawyer would have told her is that she has no case for slander against Meri or TLC.  I think it's all just more fantasy.

I have to wonder, though ..... perhaps this whole thing blowing up right now is a graceful way for "Sam" to duck out on his book release and his blog.  Since Jackie has cleared his name, there is no need to go on, and he may choose to just close this chapter of his life, right?  Funny how this all coincides with the rumor out there right now that Jackie is about to be arrested again on a new warrant that was just issued for not paying those fines from a few months ago.  Because if Jackie goes to jail, there won't be a Batman blog and the "book release" (aka the mass mailing of her convoluted, rambling word document to the fools who actually paid her $6) will be delayed while Jackie is in the slammer.  Is this how our catfish is finally going to kill off Sam?

Yeah, I had to laugh when I saw that she was suing Meri, who has been VERY careful never to mention any names when discussing this on the show or elsewhere.

One has to wonder what Overton did with the book money.  Apparently, she didn't pay her $500 citation.

I personally don't believe she is suing anyone, certainly not Meri or TLC.

I'm sure this will all be settled out of court since "Sam" would actually have to show up.  In the meantime (while JO is in jail) "Sam" will undoubtedly be off meeting with his crack legal team and will have to put his personal life on hold and drop out of sight and offline.

• Love 4

I would be careful posting anything to that twitter thread. Looks to me like they are trying to collect twitter names. Who knows? What a creepy person(s). Truly gross in every way.

Amen.

That said, if Lindz/Overton/Sam really was going to try something, she would be a lot stealthier about it I would think. Fortunately, one doesn't need a Twitter account to watch this train wreck unfold.

Overton as Lindz acts like she's this big hacker with inside sources at Twitter when all she's doing is reporting posts just like any other Twitter user can do. One would think Twitter customer support would catch on to this bs and put a stop to it.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3

Look out, Meri! Look out People! You've really gotten Jackie mad now--grrrrrr!

Wow. The insanity deepens.

PS: It looks like Sam just can't get his asshole publisher to give him a decent book cover. Sheesh. What's a millionaire to do?? (Watch a lot of American Idol, I guess...)

• Love 3

You mean the whole $6 she made? 

I doubt she made even six bucks.  We are the only eight people remotely interested in reading the JO/Sam saga -- but we are sharp enough to know better than to give that psycho any of our contact information or billing data.

• Love 4

I wonder what brought this out - the Bullshit Book Club?

I was thinking it might be her possible arrest that was causing JO to unravel, but it occurred to me .... maybe something really came of all the outrage that was generated by her recent claim that Sam had served in the Marines. The people who are always posting about this stuff on twitter and Facebook were super pissed off about it and swearing they were going to report JO to those stolen valor type groups who expose people who have lied about military service. It's really been hitting the fan for the last several days.

Maybe one of those groups got on her case and this sudden explosion of denial coming from her is her trying to get herself off the hook with these people.

By the way, "Sam" not only did eight years in the Marines. He also once claimed he suffered from PTSD and has to avoid loud noises like fireworks and stuff. Claims like that extra-infuriate those veterans groups, and I am thinking JO may have finally pissed off the wrong group of folks. Their whole purpose is expose liars and they are good at it. If they really are on her tail and can get proof of what is going on, she may finally be exposed once and for all. If I was her, I'd be freaking out, too.

• Love 4

I don't know much about the Marines thing but that does sound plausible.

I was thinking - if she didn't get much $$ from pre-orders of that drivel, which probably took her a very long time to write - then perhaps Overton is almost ready to pack it in, but doesn't know how to stop this mess. Or is enjoying the attention too much.

Or is enjoying the attention too much.

JO is a nutcase.  She won't stop until someone takes access to the Internet away.  I'm thinking a stint in jail would be a deterrent.  Or in a psych unit.

• Love 4

I...don't even understand what is going on with this insanity any more.  I HATE Twitter and need, like, a blog or message board or someone to break it down for me with flowcharts and graphs.  I do suspect that some of the people that are arguing WITH JO and "Sam" and "Lindsey" are actually JO herself.  Can we get Nev Schulman and Max to do a special celebrity episode of "Catfish"??

• Love 5