Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Well, from what I have read as of Today or yesterday, this "Almost Meri'ed book" has been released. I don't know anyone who has gotten it. I will be looking for someone who has. I am more interested in these so called photos he claims he has. I really do not believe he has photos. I think it's just a bunch of bs. (replace he with she)

• Love 3

I knew it would come out on Meri's birthday. What an ass. No, it's not about spite at all.

I suppose the big "happy birthday" banner that heads today's blog is because the book was"born" today. Right.

Sam is quite the little bitch, obviously.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

Color me tickled that "Samuel" is as giddy as a week-old puppy about the book launch and--ever faithful to the self-constructed echo chamber s/he lives in--has created a review page on hir own website. Prepare for an onslaught of gushing praise from the over 5000 readers who preordered! And remember: most of them are "the international crowd" so JO can attempt to mask hir style by using broken English.

Now, I wouldn't spend a nickel for it, but I am quite curious about the book. There's plenty I already know, primarily that it's nothing but the grammatically handicapped ramblings of a really fucked-up attention whore. My curiosity is to know what tap dance s/he'll do around the facts and how s/he'll make good on the explicit promise of photos of them together. Also, s/he claimed s/he would dish about their sexual encounters, so s/he's going to have to 1) lie and NOT include those details, 2) include actual details of virtual sex s/he and Meri engaged in, or 3) completely fabricate sexual encounters with Meri Brown--which would dance hir straight into lawsuit territory.

I honestly wonder why s/he's not put the book up on Amazon. There is virtually no barrier to entry, other than some rules about explicit cover images. S/he would also have to navigate the technicalities of setting up an account in Kindle Direct Publishing, which requires pesky things like legal identifying information. WAH-waaa.

• Love 4

I am so tempted to order this book just so I can see these long-awaited pictures of Sam and Meri together. But I am absolutely terrified of downloading anything from this person. I envision my Mac exploding in a fiery ball of death the split second I hit the "enter" button.

Maybe I could download it on my kindle. It only cost $90 bucks. If it explodes, it won't be that big of a loss. Still, I am afraid Jackie O would appear on my doorstep tomorrow to terrorize me. I'm not gonna chance it. Especially to see what I expect are cut out pictures from Us and People Magazine scotch taped together like a first grader's art project.

• Love 8

You ladies are killing me!!

No need to pony up $6. My guess is that if there IS a book, it will be all over the Internet within a day or two. Including photos.

If there IS no book, then there will be a ton of fake "reviews" just like there was when Overton posted the "sex with Meri" blog.

I'm leaning towards there not being a book.

• Love 7

Oh He/she claims "God" picked the day to release it..hmmf.. It was a dig to Meri for sure.  But, there is also no link anymore to order the book. I find that fishy.  So, I guess  he/she sold enough copies?  What a crock.  He/she also said it would be sold on Amazon.  That may be a crock also.  I will also wait and see if anything turns up on the net.  I would think one of the magazine that reported on the "book" might of tried to order one.  I agree with you Celia on a lot of points. Especially the scotch taping pics together LOL.  I'm sure if there are any photos, they are not good quality.

• Love 1

But, there is also no link anymore to order the book. I find that fishy.  

I checked.  You're right.  Even the old thing to "pre-order" the book in an old blog post won't open. 

Man, fishy ain't even the word. That's some bullshit, right there.  No way to order the book the day of it's release?  There should be a big giant bright red ORDER NOW!!! link to click on the opening page and within the blog post itself.  

Was this some kind of oversight and she completely forgot to make a link to order the book?  Gee, you'd think someone who was actually interested in ... you know ... selling copies of a book would make sure they included a way to order it when they announced on their blog it was finally available.   Even if she doesn't really intend to sell copies because there is no book, wouldn't you at least want to make it appear there was by making a halfway believable pretense of trying to sell it? 

It's just odd.  

• Love 2

That's a great business plan.  Let's say I am *dying* to give her my $6 right now, but I can't pull the trigger.  What if I drift off and lose interest by the time I am "allowed" to order?   She should be taking my money the split second she can get her paws on it, even if I don't get access to the book right now.  Get that deal nailed down so I can't change my mind. 

I am guessing JO is not a graduate of the Wharton School of Business.  Actually, I doubt she graduated from 6th grade, given her writing skills.  

• Love 3

It would be a lot of work, but maybe she could just run the text of her book through the same online translation site she uses when she wants to speak French to her  adorer les ventilateurs?

(That means "adoring fans" by the way, heh.  At least according to the site I used.  Jackie is not the only person who knows how to translate crap into French online!) 

• Love 3

Funny you mention that. There is one fake review up praising he/she's book.  I expect he/she will be busy writing reviews next few days. I'm patiently waiting for "In Touch" to comment. They have been following this and I hope they bought a copy.

• Love 1

I wonder if allaboutthetea.com purchased a book.  They've covered the Meri/JO scandal the most of all the gossip sites.  If the book actually exists -- which I doubt -- they would most likely report on it.

Book doesn't exist.  Another one of JO's lies.

• Love 2

I wondered about the book in the beginning, then stopped because nothing JO has said has been true. "Fool me twice, shame on me"...I actually felt dumb for believing it at all. Then when he said it was mostly sold internationally, that sealed it. He even went about the same method of lying he's used so far. "I don't understand why I have an international"...blah, blah. IMO the only writing he's done is on that pathetic excuse of a blog, the few sample pages, and probably hundreds of pre-written comments praising his phantom book.

I also think he's running out of steam. He's veered off course from catfishing women, which is how he's gotten his kicks for years, and it he's itching to get back to it.

• Love 1

My predictions about the "book":

It is all of ten-pages long

It has already sold out (because e-books do that, you know)

The "international crowd" clamoring for the book all live in North Korea

It won't open on any device you own anyway

• Love 5

I just read a comment on AATT stating they haven't gotten any email about the book they purchased and Overton isn't allowing comments on the Batdung Blog asking about it. I'm guessing Overton spent whatever money she extorted and is banking on people just writing it off, since its "only"

$6. I would hope that the Real People who actually bought this more than likely nonexistent book dispute the transaction with PP and their card issuer. There are absolutely dispute rights for goods/services not recieved or not as described.

People are never getting the "book".  I wonder how much everyone's favorite grifter was able to make in this con.  I'm guessing about $66.

People are never getting the "book".  I wonder how much everyone's favorite grifter was able to make in this con.  I'm guessing about $66.

• Love 3

Yes, I saw on Twitter that Pay Pal said her account was suspended.  She may have had a few orders and she has not delivered.  What a scumbag.  How much clearer can you get with fraud than just saying, send me $6 for a book you will never get haha.  Someone on twitter did order it, and she didn't get the book and Pal Pay has it in dispute and JO hasn't responded to the claim.  I don't know how it proceeds from there.  Fake Samuel Cooper also claims he is heir to the Kool Aid company and it was confirmed that he is NOT.  The lies keep going and going.  I'm sure more will develop as time goes on.  She's going to get stopped sooner or later.

• Love 2

You guys, I'm sure Sam's elite team of attorneys are already on top of the Paypal sitch. Weren't they supposed to file lawsuits against Meri, and TLC, and Twitter, and My Sister's Wife's Closet, and the AUB, and all of the animals in the San Diego zoo, and the President, and McDonald's, and, and, and...

I wonder if Sam told Meri he was the heir to the Kool Aid company and she believed it, or if he's just fleshing out his backstory as time goes on? Because if he did tell her that, girrrrl. There are almost no words.

It's hilarious to me how little interest there is in Kody and Rawww-byn's baby.

• Love 8

As lame as this is, anyone know what the story was with #4 knowing re the catfishing and not saying

anything or is that just speculation?  I can just see her back-pedalling with ' Wull , I di'unt know fer shure, she was actin' weird, we di'unt know whut ta' bulleeve...'  If the JO story is real and not some third party bs story to cover for an actual situation with a real dude, how could robin sit on that and not tell Meri? I guess even if she did tell her, that would then look bad concerning Kodfish- which  if she did know, would make it look like she hid something from him. Anyway you slice it, it comes up BS.  Lol-ing at kool-aid thing.

• Love 3

Overton as actually Overton is being drilled on Twitter by the mysterious Nick OConnor.

and still no posts about the book.  I mean, if it DID exist, and 1/3 of the "buyers" got it this weekend, it's only 200 pages according to "Sam".  That's a pretty quick read.  There should be reviews by now.  All fake of course. 

Nick OC is keeping Overton busy, too busy to write those fakey fake reviews apparently.

• Love 1

Looking  back at the last 6 months or so of posts, it is absolutely amazing to me that Meri got involved in an internet romance.  And got catfished!  I mean, I never in a million years saw that coming.  I've been an involved viewer since episode 1 of these weirdos, and it still just cracks me up how badly this show has gone off the rails.  Poor Meri.  I wonder if she'll still be with Kody in 3 years.  I wonder if she would still be "married" to him if they didn't have the tv show.  I feel kind of badly for her.  She took a shot at happiness and got bit.  

• Love 6

No, Nick is not JO. I believe he just has a site that exposes all her other personas.  He has pictures and lists a lot of info on her to show how she uses fake names etc.  Still no book for anyone.  Imagine that!  There was some article out there that Meri had a cease and desist out on JO.  I forgot where I read it.  This is not getting much coverage and finding information on the internet is hard.  I will try to find the article again.

I think Meri was just desperate to get out and with glassy eyes wished "Sam" was real.  He was just too good to be true and she got burned.  If he was real, I am sure she would of packed up and left.  Do you think?

• Love 5

If he was real, I am sure she would of packed up and left.  Do you think?

Meri would have been out of there so fast, I doubt she would have even taken the time to pack.  And I wouldn't have blamed her one bit.  What an empty, lonely, frustrating life those women all must have.  All except for Robyn, of course.

• Love 6

Meri would have been out of there so fast, I doubt she would have even taken the time to pack.  And I wouldn't have blamed her one bit.  What an empty, lonely, frustrating life those women all must have.  All except for Robyn, of course.

Oh I agree!  I would have loved to have seen the fallout. Speaking of, "Sam" posted a banal opus on getting the shit beat out of him in a boxing "workout".  BS.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=2430

• Love 1

Oh I agree!  I would have loved to have seen the fallout. Speaking of, "Sam" posted a banal opus on getting the shit beat out of him in a boxing "workout".  BS.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=2430

Dumpy, tweedle-dee JO writes the following: "In a fight I’m the guy that stands up and says which one wants some of this. Because I’m an arrogant prick due to my size. I’m 6’6″ and tower over most of the guys I see around."

Good christ. I come from a family of tall men (grandfather was 6'7") and have several very tall male friends, and here's what I know: most really big guys do NOT indulge in the sort of banty rooster, chest-puffing crap she's describing, because THEY DON'T HAVE TO. In fact the tallest men I know err on the side of walking away or defusing a situation, because they have nothing to prove. What she's written is a perfect description of "small man syndrome."

What kind of sick, needy loser sits down hourly at a computer and concocts such a weirdly detailed fantasy persona?? The personal pastimes ranging from regular church attendance to ski trips to house-sitting to fist fighting. The vegan recipe collection next to the post extolling the smell of bacon at the breakfast buffet. Her mind is a frigging snake pit--she has more personalities screaming for attention than Sybil.

• Love 16

Good christ. I come from a family of tall men (grandfather was 6'7") and have several very tall male friends, and here's what I know: most really big guys do NOT indulge in the sort of banty rooster, chest-puffing crap she's describing, because THEY DON'T HAVE TO. In fact the tallest men I know err on the side of walking away or defusing a situation, because they have nothing to prove. What she's written is a perfect description of "small man syndrome."

THIS.  You're spot on.  She's out of her depth, literally.

• Love 1

I laughed at the bacon reference on the bat blog, also- first vegan I've ever seen who was jonesing for some dead pig fat. Acting as an armchair psychoanalyst, I think JO having Sam get beat up, could mean she is tiring of this uphill facade she keeps up with. It seems fairly easy to read through the lines and get a glimpse at the real JO, and the kind of life she really covets. I vacillate between finding her situation completely pathetic and hoping she gets the professional help she needs, to deeming her an out of control monster who should be put in jail for a long time. It seems crazy that there is no easy way to shut her game down- especially now that money has been exchanged for this so called book.

Regarding Meri- the fact that she was so easily sucked in by "Sam", speaks to just how lonely, needy, and unhappy she was in her life. I have no doubt that had Sam been real, Meri would have been gone licketty split. Now, however, she is safely ensconced back under Kody's boot, and probably feeling grateful that she was forgiven for her misdeeds.

• Love 3

I agree with SometimesBites. My husband is 6'4" and is really a gentle giant unless something is threatening me or one of our kids!

I noticed something last night as I went to the blog to check out the New post Dakota mentioned above. Under his about me blurb is a bunch of hashtagged words/phrases. Most of them are sports teams or stupid (like #love) but the last one listed is #notyet.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Love 2

Regarding Meri- the fact that she was so easily sucked in by "Sam", speaks to just how lonely, needy, and unhappy she was in her life. I have no doubt that had Sam been real, Meri would have been gone licketty split. Now, however, she is safely ensconced back under Kody's boot, and probably feeling grateful that she was forgiven for her misdeeds.

Meri was lonely and isolated when she was married off to Kody. She remained lonely and isolated through the marriage. It's a shame that JO was the first to cyberflirt with Meri because had Meri been communicating with an actual male, she'd be with the guy right now and probably happy. Christine, Janelle and Meri were played against each other for years by Kody. At times each woman willingly participated in the torture of the two others. Kody loved the triangulation because he was treated like a king. When Robyn and her Victoria Secret bills came along, the three wives were all on the outside of the fence for the first time. Meri began to see that her life with Kody was simply shadows on the cave wall. She was finally able to express what she wanted in a relationship and sought it out. Sadly, all she caught was a catfish. Like how the Duggars blanket train their toddlers, Meri wandered off the blanket - got smacked and now she's back on blanket -- err Kody's planet. I feel bad for Meri and all the other non-Robyn wives because happiness is out there for them if they're willing to leave the blanket, cave, or planet Kody.

• Love 10

Good catch about the height thing, SometimesBites. It never would have occurred to me (we Rubensteins are on the short side).

I sensed a lot of hostility in that blog.  I guess the pressure is really getting to our catfish. This twitter war has been raging for days, and I am thinking the people who go after fake soldiers are riding her ass.  Supposedly there is another warrant for those unpaid fines.  Then there is the whole fake book situation, too ... I wonder if people are demanding their money back (yet).  That is if anyone actually ordered the thing.  Poor catfish, she is in it over her gills.

As much as I am sure Meri wants this all to go away, I can't help but wonder if she is not just a little tickled that all of this catfish drama seems to be coming to a head just as Robyn popped out her latest baby.  Because most of the attention the world seems willing to waste on the Browns seems focused on the catfish story and Robyn's baby is being treated like a footnote. I wonder if it bothers Robyn.

If it does, well .. it shouldn't.  I don't think I would have even heard or thought about Robyn's new baby if I wasn't following the catfish story here, actually.  It's the only reason I am even tuned into the Browns at this point.  Robyn (and all the rest of them, for that matter) should be thanking Meri for keeping them on the world's radar, because without her catfish drama I think all most people want to hear about the Browns is that they have been arrested for welfare fraud, been evicted from their McMansions, or split up an gone their separate ways.   I don't think too many people care about another baby.  I know I don't.

• Love 8

Good analogy to the blanket training! It's true, Meri started finding herself, and thinking about what she really wanted in a relationship, and it is sad that what she got was an unhappy, lonely woman, who was living a lie- very much like Meri herself was/is. Kind of reinforces the theory that like attracts like. I doubt that Meri will ever venture off of "the blanket" ever again.

• Love 1

Well that was me that bought the Catfisfh book on CJ's blog, or I tried to buy it. Only as you guessed it - there was no book. I filed the PayPal complaint today claiming fraud. Catfish immediately responded saying there was a tracking number they were going to provide a tracking number for an actual book. Right. I just continued the claim and escalated to Fraud and told PP to shut the account down before more people sent money in. Supposedly Friday the book is going "live" again and I hope the PP account is suspended before that happens.

I tweeted it too. Catfish didn't bother to respond to my email of course. What could they say at this point?

• Love 16

You took one for the team, PCB, and I appreciate the update. I do wonder if the small price for the book will preclude any big arrest - it's not exactly a felony. Or will the whole fraud thing finally end this debacle and she'll be off to jail. As long as she doesn't have a computer, that should be the end of the PseudoSam era.

• Love 1