Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 2/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, gonecrackers said:

Was watching one yesterday with a bride who proclaimed in her TH how she is 'eccentric' & 'sometimes shocking'.  I was thinking if she's saying that she's probably not either. She wanted a black dress; all were out of budget, so they were trying to find something where they could add a black belt; they were also putting a black veil on her. She said she didn't want something everyone else has worn, but was trying on all the same strapless dresses everyone else does.

I don't know what she ended up with as I couldn't finish watching, but I thought going to a store like that & buying off the rack isn't the way to get something no one else has ever had. She seemed delusional & way too full of her 'eccentric' self, but then so many of these SYTTD brides seem so spoiled & self-absorbed. Usually their sense of 'eccentricity' or 'uniqueness' ends up just being bad taste &/or tacky.

Oh, lawd, as if she couldn't walk into Nordstrom...or anywhere...and find a black evening gown, lol.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I also wanted to ask: Am I loopy or was there for a short time another bridal show, many years ago? A showroom in NYC by another designer? I vaguely remember it, or else I dreamed it. ,

Yes.  It was only a few episodes, and I can't remember the name of it, but I enjoyed it.  I believe the designer was Amsale.

• Love 1
(edited)

It was called "Amsale Girls". I just looked it up.  I remember it being advertised, but I don't recall watching it.  

I also liked "I Found the Gown" which was based out of Vows in Watertown, MA. I drive past it on my way to my sister's house.  And my nephew's fiance just got her gown there.  I wonder why that show is no longer on.  Boo Hiss!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Not enough hoochie mamas in Massachusetts?  Too many real people???

Never saw it but guessing it's not as interesting as looking like you don't have to change for the wedding night out of the 'gown'. People with taste (& coverage) aren't going to make play on wedding gown shows anymore.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Never saw it but guessing it's not as interesting as looking like you don't have to change for the wedding night out of the 'gown'. People with taste (& coverage) aren't going to make play on wedding gown shows anymore.

Yeah, the owners seemed like regular people and the shop itself was one that provided wedding gowns at good prices by purchasing dresses from bridal stores that were going out of business, out of season gowns and the like.  I think that TLC thinks the audience for reasonable women not wanting to spend the price of a new car on a wedding gown is too small.  There was very little drama, just people who didn't think the gown was the most important part of the wedding.

• Love 5

I was excited when I saw it was a 2 hour new episode of Say Yes to the Dress.  Unfortunately the 2nd hour was the UK version.  Outside of hearing the designer talking about Lady Diana's dress, I'm just not interested.  That March Mad-dress thing was confusing and annoying at the same time.  I dont like the new consultant Shay.  Why is he being shoved down our throats?  More Randy and other consultants....please.

• Love 7
(edited)

Add me to the list who had a WTF moment when the UK version came on... I've seen bits of it before on YouTube so it wasn't completely new to me, but it was the transition (or lack thereof) between the Kleinfeld and UK versions that I found poorly made. I realize now that the UK version doesn't use voice-over, but couldn't TLC make a small introductory segment on the UK version or something? They sure were able to come up with those annoying, non-stop ''March MadDress'' segments with the jarring music though... Weird how the UK version wasn't announced on TV listings nor on the TLC's website schedule section.

I checked TV listings and TLC's website for this coming Saturday's episode and there's no mention of the UK version... yet it is listed as a 2-hour episode, again. Called ''The Shay Way''. Gag me.

Also, 2 brides for an hour-long show? Really? I want to see less shenanigans/manufactured drama and more varied, beautiful, interesting gowns. I liked the UK version for that.

I'm not liking the direction the Kleinfeld SYTTD version has taken in the last seasons... Too much emphasis on drama queen, self-absorbed brides. The Shay drama/storyline is annoying. I love Randy and I've always enjoyed seeing him and the other consultants interact and work together - even when I didn't care for a bride or her entourage, I could always watch for Randy and co.

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Spelling
  • Love 4

Endless reruns of SYTTD on TLC lately from MANY years ago which brings up a few thoughts:

• A whole lot of these whiny, entitled, "dress of my dreams no matter the cost" brides are going to look back and ask what the hell they were thinking.  Some of the stuff they are showing from 10 years ago already looks hilarious.  Way too much of everything - ruching, sparkles, exploding bottoms, etc.  
  • Pnina's crap is just hideous. It looks even worse now than when she designed it 10 years ago.  The most tasteless designs imaginable.
  • Shay is a flaming idiot and his clothes don't fit any better now than they did last year.  For a self-described "high fashion" guru, he sure needs some sort of schooling in selecting the correct size for his clothing.
  • There isn't anything new in the world. Still the same old tired crap - "I'm here for the dress of my dreams", "I want to look like a princess/sex goddess/skank", "I will only buy it if my mom/dad/sister/brother/godmother/best friend approves", "I know better than the bride what she should wear", "I always get what I want no matter the cost", etc.

Throw in the unexpected cut to Merry Olde England with no warning and I think I'm done with this mess.

• Love 12

I just watched the episode with one Maggie Nunez who was making a tantrum for a third wedding dress.  Her firefighter husband gave her only a $1500 budget!  For shame, LOL.  The third dress that she had to have was $2000!  The spoiled brat got her way in the end.  The third dress was nothing special, it was very boring in fact.

They showed the two other dresses... they were also nondescript and boring.  All three dresses looked the same!  Same silhouettes, same amount of hohum.

She should have taken her budget to buy one good dress!

She's probably divorced already.

• Love 4

I was home sick last week and saw an episode with a black woman who thought she was channeling Princess Diana (they had the same birthday!) and wanted to look just like her at the wedding.  She was sure Di would have loved the dress she picked, but it was a hot mess and not anything the Princess ever would have worn.  The bride was a real fruitcake.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I think they could fill up a whole show just showing the brides coming back and having the alteration crew doing their thing. It is fascinating to me the confidence and skill the seamstresses have in just pinning and cutting the dresses. 

I agree.  It would watch an episode like that in a heartbeat.  What a tough job that would be, working with a bunch of hysterical brides nitpicking every single stitch.  Seeing some of their work makes me drool over their skills.  One hour of Vera would be worth 50 hours of Shay.  She's the best.

• Love 11

I agree with you all that the faked drama is a mistake. Randy is consistently kind, knowledgeable, warm, and supportive of both clients and consultants, and thus he's pretty much universally loved. Why create a foil for that? 

Speaking of people who love Randy, Intern Nick is the most delightful change to the new season for me. What a sweetheart. His Burberry tie and red pocket square had me pegging him as Randy's mini-me before Randy even said it, and gimmicky or no, I'm here for it. 

My partner and I had a baby together, on purpose, and we are not married (though we recently did get engaged) so you wouldn't think this would bother me, but man do I find announcing your pregnancy at your wedding to be tacky as hell. 

• Love 16
(edited)

but man do I find announcing your pregnancy at your wedding to be tacky as hell. 

I'm no pearl clutcher, but the whole thing was tacky.   

1.  They said "We're pregnant".  Makes me stabby.

2.  Gender reveals are the ultimate made-up celebration.  

3.  Colored ferris wheel.   If I have to endure a gender reveal, I f'ing well want cake.

Edited by Quof
  • Love 16

I'm no pearl clutcher, but the whole thing was tacky.   

Lord, yes.  These yahoos certainly have a high opinion of themselves like the whole world revolves around their stupid lives.  If I were a wedding guest I would be rolling my eyes so hard they would shoot across the floor.  A ferris wheel?  Ostentatious much?

• Love 9

Gender reveals are the ultimate made-up celebration

Yep, I agree.  There are so many mini-celebrations nowadays for every little milestone.  I know I sound like an old fart, but I don't care for all of the fanfare with every  event.  I blame Pinterest for too many ideas on this front!  Not that being pregnant is a non-event, but most of us who were pregnant back in the day just picked up the phone to call our relatives and friends to make the announcement.  No need for cake, cameras or big celebrations.   I don't mean to offend anybody with my opinion!  I'm not one for big announcements that put the spotlight on me.  YMMV.  

I love Randy!  I hope that the drama will calm down with him and Shay.  What I like about Randy is that he is so respectful and kind to the brides-to-be.  He doesn't feel the need to be in the dressing room with them.  I wouldn't want a man consultant in there with me!  Randy understands the psychology of these women, and he can read between the lines when family members start to interfere.  He usually figures out what is going on with their emotions and can help to resolve their anxiety and fears. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Yep, I agree.  There are so many mini-celebrations nowadays for every little milestone.  I know I sound like an old fart, but I don't care for all of the fanfare with every  event.  I blame Pinterest for too many ideas on this front!  Not that being pregnant is a non-event, but most of us who were pregnant back in the day just picked up the phone to call our relatives and friends to make the announcement.  No need for cake, cameras or big celebrations.   I don't mean to offend anybody with my opinion!  I'm not one for big announcements that put the spotlight on me.  YMMV.  

I love Randy!  I hope that the drama will calm down with him and Shay.  What I like about Randy is that he is so respectful and kind to the brides-to-be.  He doesn't feel the need to be in the dressing room with them.  I wouldn't want a man consultant in there with me!  Randy understands the psychology of these women, and he can read between the lines when family members start to interfere.  He usually figures out what is going on with their emotions and can help to resolve their anxiety and fears. 

If I had 1,000 thumbs, they'd all be giving you the thumbs up emoji. And Pinterest is satan's spawn. Hate it. IMHO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Agreed on both counts. I'm not into all the made up celebrations. It seems like a need for attention, IMO. Hopefully they are not asking for or expecting gifts from everyone every time as that would be way over the top.

I do love how respectful Randy is, & does always leave the bride with her consultant for changes. I was sold on his way the day one bride said something about showing more skin is better, & he respectfully disagreed! They need to hear that more often. Yay Randy!

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6

The Brit version was back tonight, but what an odd store to pair with Kleinfeld! It seems more like the David's Bridal of the UK--the fitting rooms are tiny, the selection limited, and the dresses very downscale in price and appearance. Having the US version first in the lineup only makes the UK one look cheesy by comparison, which really isn't fair, since I'm sure it represents the kind of store the majority of brides are shopping at in both countries. I guess none of the more upscale salons across the pond wanted to be part of American reality TV.

• Love 3

Why are they messing with a successful show by bringing on a Diva consultant and all this social media crap.  I don't give a rat's patoot about March Mad-dress and voting on stupid things.   Stuff the Twitter and all the rest.  

Did not like the consultant bride at all.  She's such a show off and so full of herself.  I feel sorry for her husband.   Talk about a diva, in the worst sense of the word.  No way would I want to work for her.  I bet she could be a huge mean girl.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 6

Hey, mods, where is a post I made last night? It appears on my "profile" section, along with some posts of other folks, but isn't appearing here.

There is one in the Consultants thread.  Is that the one you mean? (I am not a mod, just saw it there.)

• Love 1

I thought that Shay & Randy had a nice conciliatory moment until Shay said in his TH that he'd wait and see if Randy can back away since he "wants to be in control."  Ugh.   I do think that Randy stepped on his toes when it came to helping the singer Elle, but I don't think he meant to.  Randy was very gracious in his comments and of his promise not to help if not asked.  Hopefully this won't become a weekly drama.   Randy's expertise shouldn't be so easily dismissed, especially since he doesn't hit people over the head with his knowledge.  He's very kind about how he goes about helping the other consultants.   I did not like the U.K. version of the show.  It's hard to top the Kleinfeld experience.  What a store!   I'd love to go there and try on a few dresses.  My hubby and I eloped, and I wore some hideous plain dress, so I'd love to try on a few bridal dresses just for the experience.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There is one in the Consultants thread.  Is that the one you mean? (I am not a mod, just saw it there.)

Thank you. I did mistakenly put it there. I blame it on my sinus infection!

I have watched the first hour, the episode is still not over, and am going to sue the producers for Botox and filler injections for my furrowed brow because I have not ONE freaking idea what I am watching. Is it SYTTD? Is it Michelle the wedding planner's wedding bullshit? Is it Shay trying to suck up to Randy. Or are we across the pond for some unknown Brexit reason? Already I hate this show. Or is my sinus medication tripping me? What is going on? I guess I need to find a date for Saturdays now. I can't do this for several weeks.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I thought that Shay & Randy had a nice conciliatory moment until Shay said in his TH that he'd wait and see if Randy can back away since he "wants to be in control."  Ugh.   I do think that Randy stepped on his toes when it came to helping the singer Elle, but I don't think he meant to.  Randy was very gracious in his comments and of his promise not to help if not asked.  Hopefully this won't become a weekly drama.   Randy's expertise shouldn't be so easily dismissed, especially since he doesn't hit people over the head with his knowledge.  He's very kind about how he goes about helping the other consultants.   I did not like the U.K. version of the show.  It's hard to top the Kleinfeld experience.  What a store!   I'd love to go there and try on a few dresses.  My hubby and I eloped, and I wore some hideous plain dress, so I'd love to try on a few bridal dresses just for the experience.

I'm sure that the producers are giving us Shay so we can have someone we love to hate, but they seem to be unaware that its seeing a variety of dresses that brings a lot of folks to show, not the drama among the consultants. And besides that, last night Shay had on something that looked like colored tennis shoes and wasn't wearing socks. I dunno . . . I'm old . . .  but if he were my consultant, I'd be wondering why I got assigned someone from the B team --  especially if I saw Randy, last week's mini-Randy, and even Ronnie the store owner all sporting suits, socks and pocket squares. 

I'm enjoying the UK show. Although the choices last night were ballgown or fishtail, I think they do a good job of showing a variety of different dresses instead of trotting out some of the same ones week after week, which we've seen the folks at Kleinfeld do. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Do they have a re-run coming up of both from last night? I didn't DVR it.

My DVR shows it will be shown again on Friday at 6 am and Saturday at 6 pm Central time. The episode is titled The Shay Way.

• Love 1

I am enjoying the British version for a few reasons.  First, it's totally different from Kleinfeld's, and while the dresses aren't as expensive, there do seem to be more styles available in that store.  There may be in Kleinfeld's as well, it's just that we seem to see the same ones each week.   Which brings me to another reason I like it - there isn't a Pnini dress to be seen.  There isn't as much faked drama in the British version, and I watch this show to see dresses, not to watch faked drama and prima donna brides.  Speaking of bridezillas, that bridal consultant was a piece of work.  I hope her new husband has the patience of Job, and never makes a mistake.  They have been dating for several years, so he should know what he's getting into.  I was put off by her over the top opinion of how important her job was.  Really?  She's a bridal consultant, not an architect of world peace or a person who has discovered a miracle cure for a dire disease.

I wonder if this format is going to continue throughout the season? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

My DVR shows it will be shown again on Friday at 6 am and Saturday at 6 pm Central time. The episode is titled The Shay Way.

Thanks !  I hope the Brit ones shows again; I really want to see the difference.

13 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why are they messing with a successful show by bringing on a Diva consultant and all this social media crap.  I don't give a rat's patoot about March Mad-dress and voting on stupid things.   Stuff the Twitter and all the rest.  

Did not like the consultant bride at all.  She's such a show off and so full of herself.  I feel sorry for her husband.   Talk about a diva, in the worst sense of the word.  No way would I want to work for her.  I bet she could be a huge mean girl.  

Another thing about the wedding planner bride...when she was in alterations, she said she was nervous because she was there for her first fitting "about a week" before the wedding and had not seen the dress in a year! Really?!!?? I know the dress was nothing more than a long slip, but who waits for their first fitting a week before the wedding? Boy, she was a show off. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Shay is super-annoying because he's so into himself.

He's not entertaining, he's not funny. and he's a real ass to Randy. One has to wonder if the producers think that drama is the way to refresh a show that's been on for several years now with a winning formula: Bridal gowns and sometimes charming brides. I watch the show for fun and fluff, NOT drama. All this makes me wonder if the production group thinks they're going to replace Randy, too; he should be getting paid by now and maybe they think they'll hold Shay over his head at contract renewal time.

Earth to SYTTD production group: When I want to shut your show off because it's not fun anymore for me, I will watch the approximately one bazillion hours of video currently available on hundreds of channels, Amazon Fresh, Vudu, Netflix, etcetera. You've already dispensed with several of the well-liked consultants; mess with Randy and there's no reason to continue watching your show.

I let out a LOUD groan when Pnina minced onto my TV screen last night. I might also mention that I was astonished to learn there was such a thing as a $3500 Pnina wedding gown. I hated the gown but I was happy that SYTTD actually featured a same-sex wedding.

I realize it's not a nice thing to say, but the wedding consultant bride's marriage is not going to last. I agree with the person who said she seems like she could be a real mean girl. I think it's worse than that. We had a bit of a chuckle at home over the fact that marriages aren't built on the five-hour "perfect wedding". It's the day in day out reality that things do not always go as planned. If she flips out over a couple of misplaced picture frames, one can only imagine what she's going to do when they're confronted by some of the things we've dealt with in 24 years of marriage: Job loss. Chronic illness. Deaths of family members and friends. Money issues. That's just for starters.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

It's the day in day out reality that things do not always go as planned.

I find that the problem with all of these immature brides that flip out over finding "the perfect dress" or their lives will be over.  It's a few yards of fabric for Pete's sake.  It's NOT the most important day of their lives.  Many other days will supersede it down the line like the day their first child is born.  It's a big damned party with some official business thrown in and not the be-all-end-all they want to make us believe.  Get to my age and you'll know that those 24 hours are a pleasant memory and nothing else.

• Love 11

Yea. No Shay fan here but Randy can do no wrong in my eyes so I may be biased. Hate the drama, hate the brides they have lately although I did love the lesbian couple and thought that the one piece was gorgeous!!! Not a fan of the Pnina but I never am. Last season they featured a new dress designer named Haley something and I really liked her dresses but I haven't seen them mentioned this season I don't think. 

I have yet to stick around for the U.K. Version but always tune back in for Four Weddings. I miss that show. 

When they constantly air repeats of SYTTD glory years it really makes the new season so jarring. This show used to be really good but alas, I literally have nothing else going on Saturday nights so I watch. I still like New York better than the Atlanta version. I also miss the Something Borrowed, Something New show where they would re make an old dress and shop for a new one.

• Love 3

I find that the problem with all of these immature brides that flip out over finding "the perfect dress" or their lives will be over.  It's a few yards of fabric for Pete's sake.  It's NOT the most important day of their lives.  Many other days will supersede it down the line like the day their first child is born.  It's a big damned party with some official business thrown in and not the be-all-end-all they want to make us believe.  Get to my age and you'll know that those 24 hours are a pleasant memory and nothing else.

Not to be a Debbie Downer on marriage, but for all of the excitement by the brides and the talk of having found their soulmate, I think about the statistics on marriage and divorce.  Is it still as high as 50% on the divorce rate?   The reality of what many of these women will face in their marriage makes me feel sad for the ones whose dream of a happily ever after won't come true.   I do love the hopefulness of it all though!   And I love the dresses!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mountainair said:

I did love the lesbian couple and thought that the one piece was gorgeous!!! 

I still like New York better than the Atlanta version. 

That one piece was stunning on the bride. I was hoping they did a few alterations; the legs were tight and the neckline looked a bit scratchy. They were both radiant, which was a breath of fresh air during a show that is now dominated by BRIDEZILLAS who are convinced the continuation of our universe is based on whether or not their exacting "vision" is carried out to the letter.

I have to admit liking the Atlanta version because Lori seemed to have an epiphany of sorts after being diagnosed with cancer and featured some brides that were having a tough time in life and deserved something wonderful as a result. The bride who lost her little boy made me cry like a baby but the biggest tearfest was the woman who married her fiance despite the fact he had ALS. We have wondered what happened to them and hope that her "big day" was a wonderful memory.

• Love 2

I will say this: I hate Shay! He's like a bargain basement Drama Queen. He adds nothing to the show and he's way too full of himself. At the end of the day, he's a consultant, his goal is to sell, he gets commissions based on what he sells. Randy's role is to facilitate sales for all the consultants and help them to earn commissions by doing that.

I record all the SYTTD--don't watch them all--and they've been running some gems from 2008 and 2009 when the show was first getting started. One of the really old shows even introduced Randy. Some of the consultants weren't so hot on having him around, but eventually came around to seeing him as a resource.

The older shows are so much better than this latest version. I really don't care for what TLC has done to the show. They've amped up the drah-ma and removed the storytelling and the heart.

Diss my Randy Fenoli and pay the ultimate price!

Edited by Rosebud1970
  • Love 9

I've always preferred the NY version of SYTTD, mainly because I can't stand Monte in Atlanta.  But TPTB seem determined to ruin what has always been a good and entertaining show.  We don't need more drama (plenty of families bring that on their own) and we definitely don't need Diva Shay.  I'll give it one or two more episodes, then I might give up if things don't improve.

• Love 2

I really disliked the wedding planner's dress in the strap area.  I will say though that I didn't think her frame freakout was bad.  It was her wedding day and she was stressed.  I probably freaked over a few small things decades ago when I got married and I am still married through many things including a few critical illnesses.

I do like that more dresses shown are not the regular strapless.  There have been more v-necks and then the jumpsuit.  You get kind of tired of the thousandth strapless fit and flair.  The stripper fairy also has seemed to die down in favour of a bit more elegant designs.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, fountain said:

I really disliked the wedding planner's dress in the strap area.  I will say though that I didn't think her frame freakout was bad.  It was her wedding day and she was stressed.  I probably freaked over a few small things decades ago when I got married and I am still married through many things including a few critical illnesses.

Yeah, I did not like the neckline of her dress at all. I didn't think it was a great choice for her, either, since it made her look really really skinny. Also hated her hair. Could it be that I just generally found her annoying? Yes, yes, it could.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Could it be that I just generally found her annoying? Yes, yes, it could.

My thoughts exactly, She was an annoying twit and they spent way too much time on her and the false drama.  I want to see more dresses, dammit!

• Love 6

Today there was a repeat of an episode with an oldish, over-tanned bride who feel in love with a $21,000 Pnina that was only shown on the runway.  The consultants had to pull it out of "the vault."

The dress was very ornate if you like ornate, but there were two huge blinged out bows each topping the highest points of the sweetheart necklace.  Since the bride had huge fake tatas with wrinkly tobacco-colored skin, the big bows were really in your face.  No one had the sense to suggest they be omitted.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 1

The wedding planner...what a piece of work. She was SO full of herself because she's a damn wedding planner. What?!? Get a real job, sister.  Three "interns." She's full of crap. Who interns as a wedding planner?  She was probably paying them minimum wage to show up and help and be verbally abused and then I hope the three of them went out to a bar and did shots and howled about the gravity of misplacing two picture frames.

• Love 6

So are half the 20 somethings in the UK named Amy? Just asking because my only other takeaways after seeing two weeks were that mermaid gowns are called fishtails there and that the dresses cost a lot less. And I loved the dress the twin got-it was gorgeous on her.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Kohola3 said:

I have long believed that the success of the marriage is inversely proportional to the importance of, and cost of, the wedding.  I was married to my husband (R.I.P.) for 27 years after a wedding involving an off-the-rack dress and brunch at my mother's house for 16 people. I know a lot of people who after $30,000 were only married a few years.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I was married to my husband (R.I.P.) for 27 years after a wedding involving an off-the-rack dress and brunch at my mother's house for 16 people.

Congratulations and I'm sure it made his loss the harder. Sadly, there are not a lot of long term marriages any longer.

I think that we've become a society that is too obsessed with "stuff" rather than substance.  Thus a big production weddings, birthday parties for toddlers that feature live animals and circus acts, graduation ceremonies for preschool, kindergarten, and eight grade (what happened to just a high school graduation?), and showers in restaurants and halls that require gifts costing more than a month's rent are commonplace.  

Growing up the aunts gave showers in their homes, it was low key and everyone had time to visit with relatives rarely seen.  Nowadays you can't hear over the din of the dishes banging and background music with bride/mother-to-be seated on a throne opening gifts in an assembly line fashion.  There is little emphasis on the family and friend aspect of getting together to celebrate an event.  It's all a big show.

• Love 7