Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Saw the rerun of Alicia, the war veteran who was given a totally free outfit and then some.  I thought it was such a wonderful gesture - until  I real more about her and about her fake claims.  

All of our soldiers should be given the sun and the moon for their sacrifices and it just makes me furious when someone fakes their story. Here is the backstory. Shame on her.  And shame on Kleinfelds for not checking things out just to attempt to make big ratings.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Saw the rerun of Alicia, the war veteran who was given a totally free outfit and then some.  I thought it was such a wonderful gesture - until  I real more about her and about her fake claims.  

All of our soldiers should be given the sun and the moon for their sacrifices and it just makes me furious when someone fakes their story. Here is the backstory. Shame on her.  And shame on Kleinfelds for not checking things out just to attempt to make big ratings.

I was disappointed as well.  

On May 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM, tivofanatic said:

I know Bandana Dad spent good money for a combined dress, but there are ways to talk to people.  What was he going to do, punch Vera in the gut?  Confront her in a dark alley at night and make her disappear?  Give me a break.

Aside from the rudeness, the lesson we can take is that sometimes the sample is worn so much it doesn't look the same as a brand new one anymore.  We've all seen ones with rips and missing sequins.  Some look like an old bleached sock.  It can only get so white after a point.  I do wonder about Corbin Bleu's fiance a few weeks back.  She requested all these changes in the seams.  What if she doesn't like it?    

The other brides' dresses were very nice.  The nightgown dress looked nice, but come on.  It was a long slip.  I wouldn't be surprised if mom and grandma wore something like that under their wedding dresses.

Papazilla was very rude, but his daughter was right.  Randy told her they could lower the waist 2 inches, and the dress was exactly as originally tried on.  Vera made them happy, but I didn't notice a difference when they showed her wedding.  The ball gowns where the bodice sits at the waist, look terrible.  Shame on greasy do-rag Dad though.  Vera didn't break a sweat.

(edited)

Shame on greasy do-rag Dad though

His hair looked even nastier without the do-rag! 

I called it wrong, I thought "Stripper Fairy", but yes I remember. It had a nickname too. One of the best nicknames was "Tailpipe Ass".

Yes! I remember that one! The dress that looked like the bride was pooping giant roses. I'm a wedding soloist and last year I sang at a ceremony where the couple was a rich older guy marrying a trophy wife (second wedding for each, she was in her forties, same as his children) and at first I only saw her from the front. From my vantage point on the altar, the dress looked totally unremarkable but at the end when they turned to go up the aisle I realized I had just been treated to a glimpse of the "Tailpipe Ass" dress in person! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

This week I liked that the grandma said, "If the dress makes her happy, let her be happy."  That should be a framed motto for all to see in the store.  My own quote would be, "If you try on a dress above your budget, you will be doomed to love it."  Remember Bride of Hamburglar this season?  Nothing lived up to the black and white dress that she couldn't afford.

That Eve of Milady dress was perfect for the bride with the deceased grandmother.  She's tall and has enough physical presence to wear that dress.  Macie, the fitting bride, could barely turn around when she tried on the ball gown for her grandma.  The Eve of Milady dress would have made her look like a little girl playing dress up.  

• Love 2

I am so tired of the episodes in which the bride has her heart SET on a dress that is a significant amount above her budget and nothing else could possibly make her happy. (Those who have read anything about SYTTD know that alterations aren't optional and start at $700, so the $1300 the Eve of Milady cost over the budget was actually $2,000.) Of course, offering to make up the $2K herself is out of the question; she's a pretty pretty princess and everyone else must pay for it!

I loved this show when it was sweet and heart-warming. I'm really tired of the drama. And I'd like to slap more than a few of these brides; they're so unbelievably spoiled and think it's adorable. No, it's not.

• Love 5

Missy Vixen, don't forget about the veil.  The price of the veil isn't included in the gown either.  If you don't have a lot of money, I think you can be just as happy in a less expensive dress.  Why go into debt for something you will wear once for a couple of hours?  I have been trying to remember any dress that stands out to me from all of the weddings I have attended, and I can think of only one in the past 30 something years.  I have no idea what the bride spent on it, but I doubt it was a bank breaker.  Actually, her bridesmaids dresses were lovely too.  It was a fall wedding and their dresses were a rich brown velvet and they carried fall flower bouquets.   

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't get past the selfie sticks. Every time one of those things shows up I have to turn the channel. I too wish for simpler days.

Speaking of, have I missed any Christianna this season? I haven't seen her and wonder if she moved on. She's my favorite, her and Antonella. I don't think I've seen her either come to think of it.

Sorry if these ladies have already been discussed. I miss stuff now matter how carefully I try to read. LOL

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

Thanks for providing the link to Alicia's backstory. Apparently much if not all of it was just that--a story! After the episode originally aired in March, I felt very guilty and cold-hearted that I wasn't particularly moved by her tale. I couldn't put a finger on it, but something just seemed fishy and she gave off a kind of "entitled" vibe. I even posted about being distracted by her non-stop crying which it turns out must have been just for the cameras. 

• Love 3

Destroy Alicia!  Let me cast the first stone!  No, I don't think I will.  That link was to a blog.  There are bloggers who rightfully expose military impostors wearing fake medals.  She really is a veteran.  I believe she has PTSD.  I didn't pay for her dress.  I don't need her to send me her medical records.  I wish people would get this angry about the Department of Veterans Affairs and their neglect that continues to kill veterans.     

• Love 9

Sugarland guitar bride was refreshing, and boy did she have good legs. That romper dress was fugly. She picked such a good dress, it matched her personality and wasn't terribly expensive. Adding sleeves to plus size bride's (forgot her name) dress was a good idea. She looked lovely. Indecisive bride with Broadway actress cousin had some drama, but she didn't bug too much and picked a pretty dress.

• Love 3
(edited)

This episode wasn't annoying! How about that.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:47 AM, jacksgirl said:

Adding sleeves to plus size bride's (forgot her name) dress was a good idea. She looked lovely.

She reminded me of the plus size version of the show from a couple of years ago. Even though I watched that, I was still a little surprised that Kleinfeld was able to accommodate this bride, even with custom ordering. That dress must have been a size ... 5X at least? She and her groom looked shinyhappy on their day, so best wishes and all.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2016 at 10:13 PM, SanLynn said:

Speaking of, have I missed any Christianna this season? I haven't seen her and wonder if she moved on. She's my favorite, her and Antonella. I don't think I've seen her either come to think of it.

Christianna I haven't seen, but Antonella was the consultant for the Eve of Milady bride from last week.  You know you've watched this show too much when you say, "Come on, mom.  It's only $5,400."  I repeat my catchphrase, it's not my money.

• Love 1

I apologize if this was discussed already, but yesterday I caught a rerun of a gal - with an "unlimited" budget - who was dead-set on an absolutely horrific silver Pnina dress...drama cuz they couldn't find it...then found it & she bought it (or...her mother did) for the bargain price of $35,000.  Bridal dress?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  Looked like a nice Halloween outfit, though. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

I apologize if this was discussed already, but yesterday I caught a rerun of a gal - with an "unlimited" budget - who was dead-set on an absolutely horrific silver Pnina dress...drama cuz they couldn't find it...then found it & she bought it (or...her mother did) for the bargain price of $35,000.  Bridal dress?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  Looked like a nice Halloween outfit, though. 

If you really want a treat, she was featured on one of the SYTTD spinoffs -- I think it was called "The Big Day". The $35,000 dress nobody in their right mind would wear was the start of the hi-jinks. She thought she invented the term "avant garde" and used it as often as possible. I was cringing while imagining the sheer amount of money spent on that wedding. She's tied with the woman whose parents own a string of adult toy stores (and she had a dress made out of two different dresses; I think that dress set her parents back over $35,000) as the most pretentious and ridiculous person to ever be on SYTTD, in my opinion.

If you just can't get enough of Kelly, you'll enjoy this. Extra points for Kelly's "FU production group" scattered throughout.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-dooley/my-manhattan-fairytale_b_2084251.html

• Love 1

Oh, adult store lady was uncomfortable to watch. I think she could have been an attractive young woman if she washed her face and had a hair color found in nature, but she really didn't have the features for the look she wanted.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Julia said:

Oh, adult store lady was uncomfortable to watch. I think she could have been an attractive young woman if she washed her face and had a hair color found in nature, but she really didn't have the features for the look she wanted.

Julia - was she in an ep. of SYTTD?  I don't recall seeing this one.  Unfortunately, I've seen just about all of them. 

2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

If you really want a treat, she was featured on one of the SYTTD spinoffs -- I think it was called "The Big Day". The $35,000 dress nobody in their right mind would wear was the start of the hi-jinks. She thought she invented the term "avant garde" and used it as often as possible. I was cringing while imagining the sheer amount of money spent on that wedding. She's tied with the woman whose parents own a string of adult toy stores (and she had a dress made out of two different dresses; I think that dress set her parents back over $35,000) as the most pretentious and ridiculous person to ever be on SYTTD, in my opinion.

If you just can't get enough of Kelly, you'll enjoy this. Extra points for Kelly's "FU production group" scattered throughout.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-dooley/my-manhattan-fairytale_b_2084251.html

Missy - Thanks for the link.  Oh.My.God.  Unbelievable.  Yeah, I'm sure this is a marriage that will last a lifetime.  NOT.  I give it 2 years max.

I have pretty much quit watching because there isn't anything new - just snotty, entitled brides, bossy parents, and sluts who want to look like hookers at their weddings.  And I don't remember anything about a single one of them.

The ones I DO remember were quite, inspirational ladies.  Two of them will always stand out - the sweet young girl with cerebral palsy who had been adopted form Russia as a baby.  What an absolute darling she was.  The other was the police officer from Canada whose mom was in the military.  She refused to allow her mom to spend a penny over the budget even though her mom insisted on doing it.  Now those lovely young women I remember vividly.  The rest can go drown themselves in their All About Me attitudes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tivofanatic said:

Maizie131, you were right about the two years.  She had a mental breakdown and her abusive husband had a mistress.   http://thebeautybean.com/pretty-bold/the-kelly-dooley-story  The rich cry too.

Thank you, tivofanatic!  Okay...call me a bitch, but....LOL!!  This, of course, is absolutely no surprise to me.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the people from Kleinfeld got wind of this.  And how right you are ...the rich cry, too. 

On 5/16/2016 at 6:58 PM, Kohola3 said:

I have pretty much quit watching because there isn't anything new - just snotty, entitled brides, bossy parents, and sluts who want to look like hookers at their weddings.  And I don't remember anything about a single one of them.

I'm the opposite.  I don't care about the bride's story.  Let's see the new stuff!  This show is basically home shopping for dresses, right?  I look down on brides for wearing two dresses, but when Hayley Paige designed three for her own wedding I was like, "Of course you should."  

• Love 3

Just saw the episode with the spoiled Persian princess named Persia.  The vocal fry was very bad on that one, plus when she whined to Randy, "yewwww havvvve tooo fiiiiiiiindddd thaaaaat dressssss" I thought I saw him cringe (possibly his ears were bleeding, too).  Of course it was a PT dress, a mere $14,000.  She flew in, with about 5 or 6 from her family, from CA, so they HAD to have that dress.  A ballgown with a few cutouts at the waist.  PT was in the store that particular day (not coincidental at all - wink, wink), and she found the gown at the last minute.  Persia looked nice in the dress, then they brought out the veil for that dress, another $7,000.  Seven thousand dollars for a veil.  I'd wear a chopped up lace tablecloth before I spent 7k on a veil.  They also then redid her hairdo with the high bun in the middle, adding a crystal headband (I'm sure that was probably another 1k at the rate they were going), and the veil merely hung by the back of the tall bun, from the back of her head.  It really didn't need to be that veil for the effect.  

Now they're showing the repeat of the Boston bombing survivor, who ironically was divorced within a year or so (I had to look up her story, as she said she was having the other leg amputated as it did not heal correctly).  Apparently, he cheated on her, then she got in touch somehow with her old college sweetheart, and they are now married.  I think the timeframe was like a max of 3 years.  Wow.  The second wedding was just her & her new husband, no big wedding.  I really wouldn't want a reminder of the first wedding by having this show rerun so often (this is like the 3rd time I've seen it on) if I were her, plus you'd think they would pull it given the outcome.

• Love 1

I really wouldn't want a reminder of the first wedding by having this show rerun so often (this is like the 3rd time I've seen it on) if I were her, plus you'd think they would pull it given the outcome.

I would wager to say that if they pulled every episode out of the rerun line up where the marriage didn't last, you'd have virtually nothing to show!  I'd bet dollars to donuts that these fame whores are only on for the thrill and a vast percentage of the marriages end pretty quickly.

• Love 8
On 5/18/2016 at 5:20 PM, Maizie131 said:

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the people from Kleinfeld got wind of this. 

They probably contacted her to ask if she needed another dress for (what I'm sure) will be an upcoming wedding which OF COURSE will be featured on SYTTD!

• Love 3

Will somebody slap me, please? I'm watching tonight's reruns, and the woman who didn't want a ball gown, because it would remind her of the first wedding? She ended up in a Pnina, and.....I LIKED it. It was pretty. It made her look beautiful.

I think I might have brain damage, because I went looking for that dress on a Pnina site, and there were several other dresses of hers that I liked, too!

Whimper....

• Love 3

What is it with so many of these young women wanting to look sexy and wearing dresses that make them look cheap, despite the fact that they pay upwards of $10K for the dress?  It's one day in their lives, and they can look as sexy on every other day, so why can't they look beautiful, classy and stunning on their wedding day instead of looking like they charge by the hour?  I really think a lot of PT's dresses test the level of decency.  And I'm surprised that churches allow these gowns.  In our church, you're told that you can't show lots of boobage or wear the see through dresses. Now, I know I was married years ago, but we weren't allowed to wear strapless gowns. I think that the only churches that have dress codes now are some Baptists and my cousin's church called Church of God In Christ, a fundamentalist church. 

• Love 3

I think that the only churches that have dress codes now are some Baptists and my cousin's church called Church of God In Christ, a fundamentalist church. 

There are still Catholic churches that rule out pretty much any of the slutty stuff that PT pumps out.  Some require that the shoulders be covered so strapless dresses need a shrug or shawl.

Wedding dress coverage report from mid-size Southern city today - out of 5 pictures of brides in their wedding dresses, 3 of the 5 were wearing dresses with sleeves.  One had elbow length sleeves & the other 3/4 length, and both were lace.  The necklines were boat neck design, and none of them were wearing the skin tight mermaid dresses that Kleinfelds seems to stock by the thousands.  These pictures were from weddings in March, so maybe strapless will be more popular now that the weather is steamy hot here, but the sleeves won today.  Didn't Randy say on a recent episode when a bride wanted sleeves, that request eliminated about 3/4 of the Kleinfeld dresses?   

• Love 2

DId anyone watch tonight's episode about Brittany and The Big Day? This women seemed either high as a kite or crazy as a loon the entire show. From the 16 bridesmaids, to the obsession over everything being different. She is lucky she has a calm husband and parents. At the wedding she seemed very drunk. She is the type who will be disappointed to be actually married because it will never measure up.

• Love 3

I watched some of it. I missed a chunk whilst doing laundry. My head was spinning at what the big day cost her or her husband or her parents or both sets of parents. The bachelorette luxury trip to Vegas, the horse and carriage, the 16 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls (well, the bridesmaids probably paid for their own dresses), the fancy location, the chair covers, the flowers, the huge display cake. Hope her husband makes a good income as an emergency room doctor. One red flag was her admitting that she was very controlling. Hope the day to day reality and hard work of marriage sets in quickly or she'll be looking for another big day - she said she'd only marry once. Marriage doesn't live up to the 'high' of the wedding day and the dresses, the dinner, the presents, etc.

• Love 3

The way Brittany went on and on about her big "entrance" (I think that and freakin' were tied for the most overused words in the episode) I certainly expected something more original than a horse and carriage! Oh wait, it was TWO horses, or as she referred to them while acting like a total nut case, "horsies." I take it back. THAT'S an entrance! 

• Love 2

Managed the first five minutes, gave it up.  Absolutely cannot understand why TLC thinks this kind of crap holds any interest.  S spoiled, demanding brat acting like a 5 year old does not good viewing make. That marriage is doomed from the start.  I want a follow up in a year.

(edited)

I haven't watched in a while and the wedding planner bride reminded me why. She absolutely loved that dress with the black accent piping. Her mother loved it. Her friend on the couch loved it. But then? The maid of honor turned up her nose and suddenly the bride wasn't sure any more. She supposedly still bought it as a reception gown but if so, I'm guessing she cancelled it later. I can't stand it when these women have no spines and no opinions outside of what everyone else thinks.

At least we saw some different dresses this time courtesy of the two "I'm edgy! I'm avant-garde!" wienies.

For brides who desperately need to look SEXY, I kind of liked the idea of that dress with the nude lining but as the friend said, did nobody in the design company seriously not notice that giant lace arrow pointing right to the crotch?

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5

I just watched last night's episode, and was shocked to see a Pnina dress that I actually liked!  I thought that Natalie (the pageant girl) looked stunning in that last dress.  No wonder Pnina looked happy, finally one of her dresses looks flattering on someone.  I can't remember if she bought it or not, her mom was having "doubts".  

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't remember if she bought it or not, her mom was having "doubts".  

These episodes all blur in my mind, but I believe they left the appointment without a dress since Natalie's mom needed to "sleep on" the decision. I was disappointed that there was no follow up voice-over as to the final outcome. 

Absolutely cannot understand why TLC thinks this kind of crap holds any interest.  S spoiled, demanding brat acting like a 5 year old does not good viewing make.

ITA. There was nothing watchable about this attention seeking, over the top Kardashian wanna-be, (right down to the vocal fry!). I thought maybe Bridezillas was back on. 

Edited by magemaud
to add further comments
  • Love 1

It made her look awful - strangled at the neck and wider in the hips than she really was - so I hope not.  Looked like they had that black and white striped gown out that someone on a previous episode loved but couldn't afford.

8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I thought the black and white dress and "fascinator" looked more appropriate for a wedding GUEST than the bride! And it was not figure flattering at all. 

There seemed to be a big gap in the back, as in not even close to the right size. With a dress that structured, that would matter. A lot. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

DId anyone watch tonight's episode about Brittany and The Big Day? This women seemed either high as a kite or crazy as a loon the entire show. From the 16 bridesmaids, to the obsession over everything being different. She is lucky she has a calm husband and parents. At the wedding she seemed very drunk. She is the type who will be disappointed to be actually married because it will never measure up.

Wow, SYTTD does not disappoint, do they? Out of all the brides that darken the doors of Kleinfeld's, they choose the most spoiled, the most over-the-top, the most repugnant of Bridezillas to feature on "The Big Day". Sixteen bridesmaids. Decorating the bathroom stalls at the venue. Brittany's obsession with her "entrance". Isn't it enough to walk into the reception wearing a several-thousand-dollar bridal gown she's never going to wear again? All I heard that entire episode was "I, I, I, me, me, me." She wasn't appreciative or grateful or kind. She was on a mission to make sure everyone measured up to her "standards". And she is obnoxious.

My money is on "she was drunk the entire time". I've never heard of a private cocktail hour for the bridal party. They were drinking while she was getting into her gown. There was drinking at the reception. And she was drinking (and drinking, and drinking) the entire time.

Perhaps her emergency room doctor husband needs to do a bit of research on the best rehab. He'll be paying for that, too.  And if they made it a year, I'll be stunned.

• Love 6

So currently watching season 9, thanks HULU and i just watched the episode about princess brides and they were all bat shit crazy, especially the bride from Miami that wanted to look like Princess Di, and talks to Princess Di. I was like wait... did this chick say that she and her fiancee are Miami PD? she must work in the office because she should not be able to have a weapon.

• Love 2

As a guy, I like to see boobs, but, it would make me uneasy for me to see my wife in a strapless dress when she is a DD and constantly pulling on the cups, trying to keep them off of the table and the photog's print sheet.

• Love 3
On June 4, 2016 at 6:24 AM, lordonia said:

I haven't watched in a while and the wedding planner bride reminded me why. She absolutely loved that dress with the black accent piping. Her mother loved it. Her friend on the couch loved it. But then? The maid of honor turned up her nose and suddenly the bride wasn't sure any more. She supposedly still bought it as a reception gown but if so, I'm guessing she cancelled it later. I can't stand it when these women have no spines and no opinions outside of what everyone else thinks.

At least we saw some different dresses this time courtesy of the two "I'm edgy! I'm avant-garde!" wienies.

For brides who desperately need to look SEXY, I kind of liked the idea of that dress with the nude lining but as the friend said, did nobody in the design company seriously not notice that giant lace arrow pointing right to the crotch?

I don't watch every episode - just once in a while. I do not understand why the bride-to-be brings along a huge entourage to help her pick a gown.  Maybe bring your parent (if the parent is alive) and a couple of friends. It is tough to have a spine when you have 10 opinions coming at you.  And you also have to leave with those people and see them all the time. You will likely be making another appointment and bring along only one or two others.  It is also tough to have a spine when the parents are paying the $5000 and up for the dress. Unless you have a healthy relationship with your parents and have good boundaries with them, good luck to you. Mom's wallet makes the choice. It is the daughter's wedding day and her choice of what she wants to wear and not mom's decision. If the bride is paying for her own dress, things are a bit easier.  She doesn't get the friends' envy or pettiness and family dysfunction. But that drama probably makes the show more interesting.

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked all 3 women on Friday's show (which was a refreshing change!) On the other hand, some members of their entourages were horrible (as y'all have noted). Particularly, I felt like the mother of the pageant woman was maybe jealous of her daughter and kept inappropriately asserting herself in the decision. Her first dress was gorgeous and fit her theme, but the mother said "I want white!" I kept shouting at the TV, "It's not your dress! It's not your wedding!"  The saddest thing was that you could see her beautiful daughter visibly deflate throughout the show and I knew that this wasn't the first time the mother crapped all over her daughter's moment.

Edited by nonnybaby
  • Love 4

The saddest thing was that you could see her beautiful daughter visibly deflate throughout the show and I knew that this wasn't the first time the mother crapped all over her daughter's moment.

I understand a daughter wanting to please her mom (to an extent) but she is going to be a married woman in a minute.  Is she going to call mommy to ask her opinion about every major decision?

"Mom, we want to have a  baby.  Is that OK with you? No?  Well, then, never mind."

If you are adult enough to enter into what is supposed to be a lifelong union with another individual, then you should be adult enough to cut the umbilical cord and talk to you mother like one adult to another.  A snotty remark from Mommy Dearest should be taken with a grain of salt and blown off, not result in a deflation of ego.  Grow up, for Pete’s sake.

• Love 2

Are the Kleinfeld appointments the "you get to try on three dresses in an hour" types? Yeah, I might need a few appointments to find a dress and not feel pressured to spend the big bucks when I have seen and tried on only three dresses. I can see a potential customer emailing some sample/preferred styles to a consultant at first. A lot of women do not have a clue what looks good on them and probably rely on bride magazines for ideas.

The bride-to-be who did not buy a dress maybe needed a slightly less mini-outfit. Not hugely appropriate for wedding gown or other shopping. I did like the Pnina dress the best. The other blonde bride I was a bit meh about. If mom is paying for the dress, she gets a vote. Otherwise, stand up for yourself and choose the dress that *you* want.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Are the Kleinfeld appointments the "you get to try on three dresses in an hour" types?

In real life, Kleinfeld appointments are 90 minutes.  When you figure in time spent discussing preferences, price and pulling dresses, then the amount of time it takes to get the bride into a dress (and often having to clip or otherwise adjust the sample to fit it on the non-sample size customer), then go out onto the floor to show the family and friends; it is unlikely that anyone tries on more than 3 or 4 dresses at an appointment.  Considering the big price on the dresses, I would find it hard to believe that anyone buys on their first visit.

• Love 1

Regarding the most recent episode, wow, I thought Bridget who is engaged to the snowboarder left the bottom half of her outfit at the hotel when she arrived at Kleinfeld's. I guess I am officially too damn old because then when they later showed her in the dress she bought in California and her boobs were hanging out, I cringed. Yeah, honey, you have a smoking body, but that doesn't mean you have to actually show us your breasts. 

Cringe moment #2 was when the bride featured in the alterations segment said she met her fiancé when they were both drunk at a frat party. Please don't advertise that being drunk at a frat party can equal happiness forever. 

• Love 3

Spunkygal, I thought the same thing about Bridget's dress when it was shown at the end of the show.  It looked totally tacky.  I reran that part a couple of times to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.  It made some of those Pnina dresses at Kleinfeld's look classy.  I wonder if Kleinfeld's thought the same thing and that's why they did a follow up for the show. 

• Love 1