Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Be True

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Cookie and Anika work with Laz to organize a big block party to launch their company, an event that will be highlighted by a signature anthem written by Hakeem, who finds himself entering into a tender romance with the lead singer of his girl group. Meanwhile, Jamal collaborates with Ne-Yo; and Andre takes steps to rid his soul of past sins.

OMG - I loved seeing NeYo! They integrated him well into the episode.

Trai Byers made some awesome faces tonight. He was fantastic the whole episode.

Seeing Adam Rodriguez's Laz Delgado made me giddy. When Cookie smiled at him and said "You packin?" I giggled.

Jamal and Becky sittin' at that party, spillin' tea gave me life! Speaking of the party...

Michael, how could you!

So, Mirage a Troi is a go again. Cool, but can they get a new name?

Hakeem kidnapped? I guess he gave up the security detail when he left Empire.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 6

Damn, who kidnapped Hakeem? It doesn't look like it was Lucious.

Lucious really is the devil. He wouldn't even take Vernon's ashes. I liked the scene with Cookie at the funeral parlor though. I cracked up when she put her legs on the sofa so he could not sit down and then he swat them away so he could. They act like a cantankerous old couple.  I thought he would tell her that Andre killed Vernon, but he kept the secret and Cookie told Andre to shut up about his sins.

The fighting in the church was classic. They really are the worse family. Cookie telling  Hakeem and Jamal that Lucious would make the church burn down. Hakeem, the angels are running for cover. Cookie making room for the lightning. Ha. 

Ugh, I have never liked Adam Rodriguez starting from his days on Roswell.

The photographer was lucky that Jamal didn't throw over that balcony. Michael really is pathetic. Besides, I thought he was training to be chef. How does he have time to go on tour with Jamal? Michael needs to get his own life because there is no future with Jamal. However, Neyo is right that Jamal should not be taking relationship advice from his evil father. How come there was no follow up? Did they cut that sene.

Oh, Andre, you wanted back into Empire. So he is not having sex with Rhonda. That does not bode well. I liked his scene with Thirsty. Good for Andre telling him to get out, yet I had to laugh when Thirsty said that he thought that they had bonded digging in he dirt. Was that a gold cobra on the coffee table in Lucious' office?

Hakeem will never learn. He needs get his hands off the talent. At least, he stood up for Jamal against Andre.

Porsha is back and with a cute alert watch dog.. Becky sleeping on the sofa and hitting herself in the face. Bwah.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

"Jesus do love you I don't care what the Bible says."  Jamal and Becky's relationship is one of the few stable ones on this show and they are too cute.  Compared to Jamal and Michael and...that short sasquatch.  I really don't get what the hell is happening but Michael is insecure about EVERYTHING.

For musical guests, Ne-Yo is a lot better than most of those that appeared here.  

I don't know who or why Hakeem got kidnapped but Lucious and Cookie teaming up to get him back?  WOOT.  Waiting until after the World Series? BOO!

• Love 9

Finally, this show is firing on all cylinders again. The music and acting was on point all the way around. I loved NeYo's guest turn. It didn't feel like he was crammed into the storyline just to have a great guest star. I'm glad Porscha and Tianna are back too, but I missed Anika this week. I am absolutely loving Hakeem this season. He's becoming his own man, and a decent one at that for the most part. I about died at the ending though. I can't wait to see Lucious and Cookie team up to get their boy back. And even though I'm a huge Royals fan, if they make it to the WS it's going to be hard to wait for this show to come back.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 4

Oh those kidnappers do not know what they did. Cookie and Lucious teaming up? God help you, you poor bastards. 

Oh Andre. I feel like he is really trying to be a better person, but I feel like its just not going to work out for him. 

Cookie, Jamal, and Hakeem all laughing about how Lucious is basically Satan personified was both funny and heartwarming. 

• Love 9

Another great episode. I feel bad for Lucious, I like him, and I really wish he would tell his family why he has a problem. I am sure that they would understand, and support him in getting the help that he needs. I know that it would never happen, but I think that his character could use a bit of growth.

Cookie started the church argument. That wasn't the time or the place.

Hakeem is still using the word he learned last week. Mogul. I wish he would learn a new word.

Michael has no excuse. Is his name Michael? Just in case, I mean Jamal's boyfriend. That photographer was dirty.looking!

Love Porsha and the dog!

Love Jamal working with Ne-Yo!

I give this episode a 8/10. Please learn a new word Keem.

• Love 1

Another good episode. I liked seeing Tiana on again, but the razor blade in the mouth scared me!

Adam Rodriguez is so damn cute. It's too bad he didn't keep his curls from Magic Mike 2.

Lucious can't even admit he loves his sons. I'm glad Andre caught that.

Next week looks interesting.

• Love 3

Oh those kidnappers do not know what they did. Cookie and Lucious teaming up? God help you, you poor bastards.

I was so giddy when Hakeem was kidnapped because all I could think of was the good low down evil shit Cookie and Lucious are going to do next week.

Kelly Rowland is surprising me with how well she's playing this role.

• Love 3

I love when the brothers have scenes together. Hopefully we'll get more of them bonding as a unit this season.

Their collective surprise at Lucious joining them at the church was hilarious.

• Love 4

Man, it's sad when you see Rhonda sitting on one side alone and Cookie and the boys on the other at the baptism. They can't even sit together for family functions?

Good golly did you see that look Lucious threw Andre after he confessed to Lucious that he tried to kill himself? Pretty sure he decided then and there that Andre will never lay hands on his kid.

I know the feeling on the flashbacks is mixed but I love them for showing how mental illness can affect 3 generations in alternate ways and the rippling repercussions. Lucious is alternately afraid, loathing, and wants to be loving towards Andre but the pain and fear and helplessness from his childhood trauma kicks Lucious into fierce, cruel self-protective mode and it's just contribution enormously to Andre's chronic slow breakdown. If anyone needs forgiveness and to let go, it's Lucious forgiving his mom for what she couldn't control and his letting go of the past so that he can embrace Andre and be the father he needs.

You knew as soon as Jamal was all happy about taking Michael on tour, Michael would be the one to mess things up. That was so predictable it wasn't even funny.

Porscha needs to grovel a lot more. You don't give out your bosses name to the cops and get them arrested. Seriously ?!

Not sure what Lucious is doing with Chris Rock's daughter but whatever small good intentions it's gonna turn out bad.

I thought either Andre or Lucious was gonna out Andre as Vernon's murderer. Cookie did what moms do: ' God knows your heart!' And when he tried to confess she was smart in saying she didn't want to know because she knows Lucious had her boy up to no good and you know...plausible deniability for later if she ever got asked :)

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4

I am just not interested in Lucious and the girl rapper.  She seems kind of two dimensional.  I did like the girl that Hakeem is working with.

Michael is also pretty two dimensional.  All he seems to do is pout and smirk.  Jamal should get rid of him for good.

I give the actor playing Andre credit.  There is something about him that makes me nervious and uncomfortable.  I imagine Lucious and Rhonda are sensing on some deep level that something is off with Andre apart from his sudden interest in God.

I liked Cookie's new love interest.  I hope that doesn't mean that he is the kidnapper.

I am glad that the Hakeem and Jamal fight didn't last very long.

• Love 3
Cookie, Jamal, and Hakeem all laughing about how Lucious is basically Satan personified was both funny and heartwarming.

I loved that scene, though it did remind me of all the times I have been in church and been annoyed when people talked during the service. Rhonda shushing them was priceless!

Forgot to add that I loved the scene with the 3 Lyon brothers. When those 3 get together, they have me in my feels!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

Great episode.

I felt like Andre's relationship with Luscious was distilled down to its essence in that short exchange when they hugged in the church.

Andre - "I love you, Dad."

Luscious - "I know you do."

Andre- :(

Those two lines said it all.

Edited by Bama
  • Love 14

If I was Tianna I would have ran back to Empire after the razor blade incident. She's too big a star to be wandering around in that type of area alone with no security and in that type of area.

When Hakeem gave the singer girl his car and said he'd call a cab, his car and driver leaving him on the what ever area that was I said that was stupid of him. He has a car and a driver for a reason, then by the end of the episode he's kidnapped. That's what you get Hakeem. Growing up as the privileged children of Lucious Lyons, you'd think he'd have more sense and have guards or at least carry a weapon.

I liked Lucious tried to be there for Andre, it was his mother's memory that made him leave. Cookie was just annoying as heck starting the fight in church. 

Jamal kicked Michael out and is done with him right? We didn't see him back after the cheating scene.

No episode for awhile? Until after the World Series?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

OK!  This episode was kind of soap opera like tonight for me, in ways that previous episodes were not.  Andre's dilemma was what made it work, though I wonder what he moves forward with.  He along with his two brothers are a treat, ALWAYS!  Michael is cheap garbage and he can leave now!  Don't know why he was brought back to begin with.

OK!  This episode was kind of soap opera like tonight for me, in ways that previous episodes were not.  Andre's dilemma was what made it work, though I wonder what he moves forward with.  He along with his two brothers are a treat, ALWAYS!  Michael is cheap garbage and he can leave now!  Don't know why he was brought back to begin with.

Edited by Syndicate

I was like y'all: whoever thought that Lucious Lyon was going to just sit back and play Rich Man at the Kidnappers' Mercy was smokin' something. The man just got finished with the FBI in a murder investigation after being a suspect in a different murder just months before this one!  Also, the kidnapee's mother did 17 years of prison time on drug charges. What makes you idiots think this couple is going to play nice with you? ::rolls eyes::

I will always love Becky/Jamal and Andre/Jamal/Hakeem scenes.I  don't want those dynamics changed as they are oases in the ever-changing sea of drama that swirls around the Lyons.  Or at least, not for very long.  Was I seeing things, or was Hakeem pouty as Cookie held Jamal's hand after the baptism? Maybe not pouty, but definitely not thrilled. I thought he knew Cookie's heart is so big all her sons have big chunks of it. Even Lucious has a spot!

I hope that we see more of Tiana. I got scared when I saw that razor and flipped channels for a couple of minutes. I hope that Tiana and Hakeem's new protégé can be friendly, as they seemed to be tonight. I also hope that the new girl and Hakeem can be just friends. There's enough women and the possibility of "Yoko's" return to fill Hakeem's hot tub; it would be a neat way to see how Hakeem is different from his mom and dad, and maybe a bit closer to his savvy brothers.  (IA, Hakeem should go easier on 'mogul'; I sometimes hope he's going skiing. *g*)

The little dog did it's job, Cookie! Hire it!!

The other two Mirage a Trois singers' "Is she talking about us?" as the new singer left was great.

It was a good way to head into the World Series break. I will be wondering what angles are getting played and who is profiting the most from this. Is Benedetti (Judd Nelson's character) still alive?

• Love 3

Of all the crazy things that have happen on this show, I was truly shock that Lucious actually managed to get into the church, without combusting or a lighting strike preventing him from entering.  It gets said and joked about a lot of times, but there really are times I think Lucious is the Devil in human form.  Thankfully, the show is with me on this and had the little scene with Cookie, Hakeem, and Jamal cracking up about it.  Loved that moment: not just for the humor, but I like these little times you can see there is still a bond and fondness for each other, underneath all the times they are at odds and at each others' throats.

Not surprised that Ne-Yo was pretty decent here, since he's done acting before (my favorite was an episode of CSI: New York, where he played a hitman, and he also did the soundtrack.  It even featured a scene of him shooting people, while his "Beautiful Monster" song played in the background.  He's his own hype man!)  I loved that he was basically saying the opposite of whatever Lucious said.

Andre seems to be sincere about this baptism, and wanting to redeem himself.  I hope he gets it together, but I still worry about him.  Not just since Lucious is still Lucious, but confronting Thirsty worries me.  I get a kick out of him, but that dude is a snake, and he totally knows all the dirt on him and Rhonda.  And now he's the new "Vernon", so I can only imagine what he'll try.

Cool seeing Adam Rodrieguez here, even if it means he probably won't be back on The Night Shift, which is too bad.

Another episode, another time where I find myself saying "Hakeem, you idiot!", but still kind of love him.  He's can be so stupid, but.... I really think he's trying.  And him trying to make-up for it by letting the singer take his own private car was strangely sweet of him.  I still can't believe I've grown to love this character.

Of course, just when it looks like things are going well for Jamal, it ends up Michael cheats on him.

I guess this show hasn't done a kidnapping yet, so it's about that time!  I so can't wait to see how this plays out and who is behind it!

• Love 3

Yes Rhonda is still pregnant. It looked like she's finally showing a bit. And in the church scenes, you can see her rubbing her bump.

Anyone else distracted by the weird pattern of Andres facial hair? And I thought it was odd how strangely dry he was after being baptized. And for such a fancy looking church, that sure was a cheesy looking baptismal.

Michael and Jamal, where to begin? Michael letting the troll doll blow him makes no sense. And I'm surprised Jamal would continue to hang out with him after the stunt he pulled at the club. As much as I like Jamal having a boyfriend, this incarnation of Michael is not doing it for me. I guess he also dropped out of culinary school and works at Empire now as he runs around wearing a name badge.

Ok and so a little gossip I read online as to why the character and actor of Michael reappeared this season, it seems that Jussie and said actor have been seen around LA together and in a few pics on one of their Instagram accounts. Make of it, what you will.

• Love 1

Another good episode. I liked seeing Tiana on again, but the razor blade in the mouth scared me!

Adam Rodriguez is so damn cute. It's too bad he didn't keep his curls from Magic Mike 2.

You are not lying!  I was like "you go Cookie!"  He is much better looking than the security expert last season

I was so scared for Tiana -- I was certain those ugly girls were gonna cut her beautiful face.  This may be the thing that pushes her to cut ties with Dynasty.

Michael and Jamal, where to begin? Michael letting the troll doll blow him makes no sense. And I'm surprised Jamal would continue to hang out with him after the stunt he pulled at the club. As much as I like Jamal having a boyfriend, this incarnation of Michael is not doing it for me. I guess he also dropped out of culinary school and works at Empire now as he runs around wearing a name badge.

They need to get him a better job than, because all he seems to be doing is obsessively text Jamal and make stink faces.....oh, thats when he isn't getting his knob polished by some creepy photographer.  He has some nerve, and I'll bet he tries to turn this all on Jamal...."but you don't pay enough attention to me" "I'm so lonely" blah blah blah....get a job!

• Love 1

I guess this show hasn't done a kidnapping yet, so it's about that time!  I so can't wait to see how this plays out and who is behind it!

Mind is spinning...I mean there are possibilities

1. Lucius -- he has been trying to get Hakeem back to Empire.  He may figure if he scares him enough with a fake kidnapping Hakeem will drop this whole idea of starting a label with Cookie and come back to Empire.  Lucius may not even consider how it would affect Hakeem mentally.  I mean, a kidnapping would put Cookie over the edge with worry so she wouldn't even pay attention to Dynasty, and she would naturally lean on and run back to Lucius.  Lucius would get everything he wants.  The end of Dynasty and his entire family back at Empire where he can control them.

2. Thirsty -- he may be trying to get on his bosses good side and thought kidnapping Hakeem and torpedoing Lyon Dynasty would put him in good graces with Lucius

3. Neighborhood Gang -- in which case, they better prepare for the wrath of Cookie and Lucius

4. Anika -- she has been cut out of Empire and cut out of Dynasty.  She could have set it up to get back at everyone or with a master plan in mind.  You don't push, and push and push someone the way they have pushed her and not expect for them not bite back at some point.

And no matter who did it, it can open up so many more storylines and plots!

Of all the crazy things that have happen on this show, I was truly shock that Lucious actually managed to get into the church, without combusting or a lighting strike preventing him from entering.  It gets said and joked about a lot of times, but there really are times I think Lucious is the Devil in human form.  

When Lucius was looking up at the church I was just waiting for the dark storm clouds to gather and for lightening to strike.   maybe a few locusts to pop out of nowhere.

But at least they did a flashback grandmother lyon scene that fit and made sense.  To Andre it just looked like Lucius walking out of his baptism because he hates him or hates his decision, but it looks like it triggered that terrible incident with his mother....so it made sense.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5

No episode for awhile? Until after the World Series?

Ugh...sports are the WORST! :(

I am just not interested in Lucious and the girl rapper.  She seems kind of two dimensional.  I did like the girl that Hakeem is working with.

I also guess Lucius is really changing his views on the LGBT community, because I get the feeling she isn't entirely straight.

But more than that, she does seem two dimensional....angry rough girl rapper from the streets.  However, I'm sure she will be one of the suspects in the "Who Shot Lucius" mystery that is coming.

Porscha needs to grovel a lot more. You don't give out your bosses name to the cops and get them arrested. Seriously ?!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Did she even say sorry or did she just barge in with a dog?  And I like Porsha, but to me, it makes Cookie look weak to allow Porsha back so quickly.  

I love when the brothers have scenes together. Hopefully we'll get more of them bonding as a unit this season.

Their collective surprise at Lucious joining them at the church was hilarious.

Me too, I just want to give them all a hug.  I know Cookie loves all her boys.

I'm surprised by how well Kelly Rowland is doing with the material. Good for you, Kelly.

"A mouth is a mouth." Classic Empire line. But seriously, why is that famous artist so desperate to give blowies?

Loved the shot of Becky asleep on the couch.

I wish the previews didn't spoil so much for the next episode.

• Love 1

Cookie and Anika work with Laz to organize a big block party to launch their company, an event that will be highlighted by a signature anthem written by Hakeem.

I know that I frequently miss things, but this didn't happen right?

I can't stand Ne-yo, so he kind of ruined the episode for me.  Otherwise it was pretty good.  Loved Cookie and the promoter bonding over their guns.  Can't stand Adam Rodriguez either, but he sure is purty.

Jamal, you missed a couple buttons on your shirt.  Doesn't he get hold, especially when roughing up people on balconies?? 

• Love 1

Cookie and Anika work with Laz to organize a big block party to launch their company, an event that will be highlighted by a signature anthem written by Hakeem

I know that I frequently miss things, but this didn't happen right?

I was coming in here to ask the same thing? Anika wasn't even in last nights ep and as far as we know shes not working at Lyons Dynasty. Makes me wonder if something was cut or rewritten.

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 2

Oh, lawd ham mercy they done fucked up & kidnapped Keem! I think it's absolutely the hood gang, it is not Lucious's M.O. to snatch his own son. He plays mind games and kidnapping is so...gully Lol! The hood gang don't know who they fucking with, they betta ask somebody.

Loved Cookie flirting with Adam R! The way to Cookie's heart? Come strapped and ready to throw down lmao! Nice scene of Lu at the church, I dug the way his suit jacket was flapping in the wind as he walked up the steps. The Fallen re-entering Paradise.

Fuck you, Michael. And poor Tianna! I hope they get some security for the Dynasty offices after this. Cookie might need to make a call and get some OG's on payroll.

• Love 5

You are not lying!  I was like "you go Cookie!"  He is much better looking than the security expert last season

I was so scared for Tiana -- I was certain those ugly girls were gonna cut her beautiful face.  This may be the thing that pushes her to cut ties with Dynasty.

Agreed that Adam Rodriguez is a hottie, but considering Cookie was all down with security last year, I'm a surprised she wouldn't have had that issue in place this year, especially as vulnerable as the new company is.

• Love 1

Damn, that episode was crazy in the best way possible.

Hakeem getting kidnapped at the end I did not see coming. This whole marked storyline is making Lyon Dynasty a bit more interesting as a plot. I also like the addition of Laz into the mix as well. Cookie, you get some of that.

Laura's another promising character and I don't mid Freda as a character too but not hugely fascinated by her yet.

Michael is starting to annoy me though. Hated that he did that to Jamal with creepy photo bloke. Jamal and Becky getting hammered was hilarious though.

Lucious has his moments of decency and I'm still enjoying the flashbacks with his mother, but he's still the devil though. Cookie got that right.

Neyo was really utilised in this one and the baptism story with Andre was great too, 9/10

• Love 3

Agreed that Adam Rodriguez is a hottie, but considering Cookie was all down with security last year, I'm a surprised she wouldn't have had that issue in place this year, especially as vulnerable as the new company is.

Thats a good point, at the very least she should have known she was in the same general area where Jamal nearly got shot.

• Love 1

When Cookie was like "I fired [Porsha] because she got me arrested," I was like "YOU DAMN RIGHT." I was annoyed that she was back.

Cookie and Adam Rodriguez (who is adorable) need to hook up. I cheered when Cookie pulled a gun - I would expect it from her but I was surprised that Adam had one.

Does Michael have a job besides pouting after Jamal and getting his dick sucked by ugly artists? Like, he must have been doing something to support himself before, when he and Jamal were split up? I find him SO BORING.

Rhonda wearing stripper shoes in church, rolling her eyes at the Lyons' shenanigans, and shushing them had me rolling. All the Lyons agreeing that Lucious is Satan ("Preach Ma, preach") was awesome. And I like how Hakeem and Cookie's relationship is developing.

• Love 3

The razor blade thing was creepy because it reminded me of this uber creepy razor blasde scene in St. Elsewhere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMpGexG8M4I(80'stv dramas were great!)

About the kidnapping I think it's either Lucious behind it to break Cookie's resolve or it's the Feds who are using Hakeem's disappearance as a mind-game thing to force Lucious' and Cookie's hand.

Edited by Milz
  • Love 1

Why are people even thinking that Lucious will have any control over Rhonda and Andre's baby. One, Cookie would never allow that to happen and two, didn't Andre provide his father with an alibi after he killed Bunky?

I, too, thought it was sad when I saw Rhonda sitting apart from the rest of the family.

Hope Michael is gone for good.

So I'm guessing that Rhonda isn't pregnant?  Or that she lost the baby and doesn't want to tell Andre because she's afraid of his reaction?  

I wondered that too, but then she had a bump at the baptism. Rhona is no Terri Schuester (plus she was trying to get Andre to sleep with her), so I don't think she's wearing a fake baby bump. Instead I wonder if Rhonda suspects that the baby may not be Andre's, given the "games" she and Andre used to play.

Edited by SNeaker
  • Love 2

I still don't understand why a star of Tianna's caliber was wandering around alone in what they’ve said more than once is a rough part of town, in a building with no security. I’ve seen elementary schools that are harder to get into! And as soon as I saw Hakeem running by himself in the park, I knew something terrible was going to happen. Of all the unrealistic things that happen on this show, this is where I really have trouble suspending my disbelief.

So I'm guessing that Rhonda isn't pregnant?  Or that she lost the baby and doesn't want to tell Andre because she's afraid of his reaction?

When she was helping Andre at his office (and didn't Rhonda used to have a job too?) her outfit was tight enough to see she obviously isn't showing yet so I thought she might be lying … but then you see her in church, a couple of days (?) later and it looks like she’s showing. But then again, it’s Empire, so who knows? The timing of her telling Andre she was pregnant is a little convenient, and she knows it would probably destroy him (and possibly his chances at Empire) if he found out she wasn't actually pregnant.

Why are people even thinking that Lucious will have any control over Rhonda and Andre's baby. One, Cookie would never allow that to happen and two, didn't Andre provide his father with an alibi after he killed Bunky?

I, too, thought it was sad when I saw Rhonda sitting apart from the rest of the family.

Hope Michael is gone for good.

Yes, and even if Andre is committed or KILLED, remember Rhonda? The mother?  Who is employed and sane?  I doubt she'd sign over custody of her child to Lucious.  Meanwhile, doesn't Lucious already have a daughter he is not raising.  I don't know where everybody is getting this business about Lucious just "taking" Andre's child.

Yes, and even if Andre is committed or KILLED, remember Rhonda? The mother?  Who is employed and sane?  I doubt she'd sign over custody of her child to Lucious.  Meanwhile, doesn't Lucious already have a daughter he is not raising.  I don't know where everybody is getting this business about Lucious just "taking" Andre's child.

Lucius taking the child that wasn't the first thing that came to my mind, but it seems possible.  I mean, Rhonda did kill a man in a scuffle so were the case to be re-opened she could go to jail and Andre does have the potential for psych problem that could potentially get him committed.  So I can understand the reasoning.  

I don't know where everybody is getting this business about Lucious just "taking" Andre's child.

The man refers to himself as a god and seems to mean it.  He doesn't care about the legal system, as he has circumvented it countless times ( we are led to believe).  He has skated away from two murder investigations in a season and almost a half.  He is being considered a suspect in his own son's kidnapping, here in the thread, in order to get what he wants.

Why wouldn't Lucious just bust in on a weakened Rhonda/ hospital nursery and just take off?  Andre, Rhonda and Cookie seem to be wanting Lucious to be part of the child's life, so he'd be given permission to be on the floor. That takes away one layer of stopping Lucious from taking the baby. As we've seen this season, Lucious is a super-villain, so he will no doubt have confederates either on staff or in the hospital, so Lu will walk out without his grandchild, but end up with the baby at his fortress. I am hoping that Rhonda will have called her family by that point and her family can throw down with Lu. Family Feud, Empire-style! This is all speculation based on what I've seen on-screen to date.

Edited by Actionmage

Another great episode. I feel bad for Lucious, I like him, and I really wish he would tell his family why he has a problem. I am sure that they would understand, and support him in getting the help that he needs. I know that it would never happen, but I think that his character could use a bit of growth.

Cookie started the church argument. That wasn't the time or the place.

Hakeem is still using the word he learned last week. Mogul. I wish he would learn a new word.

Michael has no excuse. Is his name Michael? Just in case, I mean Jamal's boyfriend. That photographer was dirty.looking!

Love Porsha and the dog!

Love Jamal working with Ne-Yo!

I give this episode a 8/10. Please learn a new word Keem.

I will never ever feel bad for Lucious. Tragic history be damned.
  • Love 1

I still don't understand why a star of Tianna's caliber was wandering around alone in what they’ve said more than once is a rough part of town, in a building with no security. I’ve seen elementary schools that are harder to get into! And as soon as I saw Hakeem running by himself in the park, I knew something terrible was going to happen. Of all the unrealistic things that happen on this show, this is where I really have trouble suspending my disbelief.

She wasn't really wandering around.  She was waiting inside the building.  It seemed like the 2 attackers only got into the building because they caught the door before it closed right as the photographers left.  I definitely agree though, that they were severely lacking in adequate security for the building, regardless.  Bad operational move on their part.

• Love 1

Its hard not to feel even a pang of sympathy for a man that was basically waterboarded as a child.  But he has done a lot of bad stuff as an adult.

• Love 1

I missed the first four seconds and can't fathom how the DA just covered up for Lucious out of fear, I guess: Oh, Vernon "committed suicide," all charges dropped, and the DA is on leave. I mean I guess the all-powerful Lucious Lyon gets his way, but that was just unrealistic. The FBI was already investigating and surely she could have said, hey, you might want to take this into evidence!

Simply because the new promoter's entire job interview was about how people are going to extort Cookie for money, I presumed the new promoter both set up robbing Tianna and kidnapping Hakeem.

• Love 1

I myself think that Freda has zero talent whatsoever. I will give Porsha a pass this time because she was obviously offered a bunch of money from Anika last year to flip on Cookie but she remained loyal to her and brought down the extravagant nuptials that were being planned. I highly doubt that we've seen the last of Baretti.

Its hard not to feel even a pang of sympathy for a man that was basically waterboarded as a child.  But he has done a lot of bad stuff as an adult.

I can feel a lot of sympathy for the child, and understand why his past makes the man act the way he does, but Adult Lucious does not deserve sympathy. Not until he admits what he's done, comes clean about why, and starts making amends can I even think about feeling a little bit bad for him.

• Love 3

I wish they'd give us some insight into Luscious' thought process regarding Andre. They established in a previous episode that he's let Andre believe he had no family history of bipolar disorder. Is he keeping that information to himself because he's planning to take Andre and Rhonda's child? Because he doesn't want them to know that their baby might end up bipolar? Or because he blames himself for passing the disease on to Andre?

Poor Hakeem. It's going to be a while before we see how he gets out of this one.

I wish they'd give us some insight into Luscious' thought process regarding Andre. They established in a previous episode that he's let Andre believe he had no family history of bipolar disorder. Is he keeping that information to himself because he's planning to take Andre and Rhonda's child? Because he doesn't want them to know that their baby might end up bipolar? Or because he blames himself for passing the disease on to Andre?

Poor Hakeem. It's going to be a while before we see how he gets out of this one.

My own take is that he wants Andre to see himself as uniquely flawed and weak. Like a lot of overbearing parents, he wants two contradictory things: He wants to toughen up his son ("You need to man up") but he also wants Andre to kowtow to him. 

I love watching the Andre/Lucious relationship; there's so much conflicted emotion there. I wonder if Lucious will ever explain to Andre why he walked out of the church.

I hope Andre reaches out to Hakeem if Hakeem develops PTSD over the kidnapping.

• Love 1