Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Artsda said:

They play off everyone except the person who deserve it more than anyone. He never should be invited back. 

He won't.

Mel Gibson still getting work should tell you all you need to know about Hollywood and its ability to sweep things under the rug.

• Love 20

And the asshole’s cracking up wildly at the joke about said asshole changing the vibe.

oh hey, Sir Anthony! Nice to see you this time.

oh praising the asshole? Never mind sit back down somewhere.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, wonderwoman said:

on a shallow note: happy to see jane campion win if for no other reason than we got chance to see the gorgeous back of her dress, which from the front looked like a shroud.

And it has pockets!

• Love 5

I hate Hollywood. I’m only watching this because I’m drunk. I haven’t seen any of these movies. Will Smith needs fucking help but he will just go around crying with his bitch wife and get more millions and awards. This whole group should be embarrassed lol. 

With Will getting away with this it’s setting a precedent for these fucking prima Donna actors getting away with whatever they want at these shows.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 14
Just now, Artsda said:

Isn't Will supposed to be doing press after you win? He went back to sit? 

Sometimes they wait to do press so they can watch an upcoming category for their movie. Best Picture is next and King Richard is nominated.

But he also may be skipping press for obvious reasons.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Oscar producers: We need to cut more categories out. Not the filler, people like the filler!

Brought to us by the same guys who have a heart attack every time a female led film crushes the box office. Whuh-huhhhh

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Isn't Will supposed to be doing press after you win? He went back to sit? 

I'm guessing his publicist told him not to talk to the press. And he wisely listened.   Nothing good could come from him talking to reporters right now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dmeets said:

Hmm nothing about that clip evoked Lucille Ball.

Neither does the movie, largely because they're both too old to play Lucy and Desi at that stage in their lives. Javier B was very good and Nicole was very good but it was very disconcerting that her face doesn't move.  David Alvarez would have made a great Desi if they had cast according to the ages they actually were.

• Love 10
Just now, shoregirl said:

Jessica Chastain was really good in The Eyes of Tammy Faye. I didn't love the movie but she was very good in it.

Definitely not the best movie.  It sugarcoated a lot.  But I totally agree that Jessica was really good in it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

I don't know if I'm more disappointed in Will Smith or in every. Single. Fucking. Person. Who cheered and clapped for him. Watch that this actually hurts Chris Rock's career instead of Will's. These Hollywood hypocrites.

Thank you.  More disgusted by the elite.  He should have been booed.  Not classy at all.  Never really been a fan of Rock but hope he files charges. 

• Love 15

Ok so given they’ve practically rewarded Will Smith for assault shouldnt Chris Rock sue? Surely the academy owes safety to their presenters?!

I cannot believe Hollywood are acting like this moron is some sort of hero.. oh wait I can. Ugh.

• Love 15