Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Marley said:

What the fuck just happened. Was that a joke or was Will really mad. Jada is a buzz kill tho.

If he wasn't really mad he's a better actor than I give him credit for.  He looked legit furious. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Yay!  Summer of Soul was great!  So much fun, and so much great music.  I highly recommend it.

I saw it last year and I loved it. Its Oscar is well deserved.

Billie Eilish had me crying with her rendition of "No Time To Die".

Edited by Dr.OO7
  • Love 5

Good doc win, though I'm a doc fiend and really liked all of them.

I just had signed out of the ole PC when my husband yelled at me to come see the Rock punch.  That was real as all get out.  Smith is notoriously thin skinned when his family members have been been on the receiving end of criticism.  Mr Malotte even played it back a few times (love dvrs) so yeah...very real.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, j5cochran said:

Jada has alopecia, that causes the loss of most or all of her hair. That was a really tacky joke.

Hasn't she shared many private details of her life before? She isn't hiding her head, so she seems to be ok with it. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

Jada has alopecia, that causes the loss of most or all of her hair. That was a really tacky joke

Ouch.

And if Chris Rock didn't know that, then double ouch.

Well, it's safe to guess what's going to be on the "worst"/WTF list during the recaps tomorrow.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dmeets said:

A lot left to go. I guess next year all we’re getting live are director, acting, and BP

It's amazing that they cut categories from the live telecast and we may still be watching this tomorrow. By amazing I mean I don't understand that they still haven't figured out how to properly manage time.

• Love 10
Just now, DollEyes said:

It's great to see Coppola, DeNiro and Pacino in the "Godfather" tribute, but I'm surprised that Diane Keaton, James Caan and Robert Duvall weren't there, too. 

That was a piss poor tribute, I think.

• Love 10
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Color me naive but I thought Chris Rock's joke was an allusion to Jada being lesbian. For years I've heard that Smith and Pinkett have a lavender marriage. Scientology and all that being the Hollywood way of bearding.

I thought it was a direct allusion to Demi Moore's movie GI Jane, where Demi had shaved her head. If it meant more, it went over my head.

• Love 22
Just now, dmeets said:

I don’t think I like certain people getting special tributes. Feels like ranking their importance even more than past years have done 

Except Sidney Poitier.  He deserves all the special tributes.

• Love 20
Just now, twoods said:

I would think after decades in the public eye Will and Jada would have thicker skin than that. 

I don't know if he does have thin or thick skin but he's usually more controlled and image conscious.   I feel like he wants to be seen as....I don't think happy go lucky is the right word but something along those lines.  Good spirited maybe?

• Love 10
Just now, Artsda said:

They should be removing Will Smith. 

If he truly punched him the police need to be there. Though I highly doubt Chris Rock would even consider pressing charges

• Love 12