Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Yay Encanto!!!!!

A classmate of mine from elementary school through high school is a re-recording mixer and worked on Encanto, as well as many other Disney films. I'm not sure if the film was nominated for anything sound-related, but it's always exciting for me to see his name associated with a film.

• Love 9
Just now, yowsah1 said:

Troy Kotsur is what the Oscars are supposed to be.

Also, I love you, Chris Evans, but shilling your movie during the Oscars?  NOT. COOL.

You know it wasn’t his idea.

• Love 9

It is shameful that Troy is only the second deaf person in history to win an Oscar, the first being Marlee Matlin. I am glad he won and I hope CODA wins. I loved that the audience applauded correctly.

• Love 4
Just now, CherryMalotte said:

No I'm not crying...I just needed to find the kleenex box.

Troy seems like such a wonderful guy.  Now that's an Oscar winner, and lovely that the audience signed applause.  

This reminds me:

Beethoven had steadily lost his hearing during the course of the symphony’s composition, and by the time of its premiere he was profoundly deaf. Although he appeared onstage as the general director of the performance, kapellmeister Michael Umlauf actually led the orchestra with the conductor’s baton, taking tempo cues from Beethoven. According to one account of the event, the audience applauded thunderously at the conclusion of the performance, but Beethoven, unable to hear the response, continued to face the chorus and orchestra; a singer finally turned him around so that he could see evidence of the affirmation that resounded throughout the hall.

• Love 4