Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have to congratulate any actor who got a nomination for Power of the Dog, because that movie was so hard to see (every scene was dark) and slow (took forever for anything to happen).  Good job getting through it, guys!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

The horse was a head-scratcher for me. Ride the horse to the tennis court and then it just disappeared. 

I just assumed it was yet another allusion to Compton since the song is for the King Richard movie and samples NWA among other  cllbacks to Compton.

Ariana's speech was beautiful, whether it was her thanks to Steven Spielberg, her tributes to her mom and Rita Moreno or her shout-outs to her culture and for her identity. I think she's got a great career ahead of her.

• Love 20
Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Yeah, too many awards is why the show goes long every year.

It's not just too many awards; it's too much fluff and too many bits inserted. I get needing to have some breaks in between, but then these bits go on for five minutes and it's enough.

• Love 4