Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

We don't talk about Bruno is a lively song with a bunch of style mixed in and building together for the chorus.

This was just watered down, listless and no joy with the non Miranda lyrics.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 10
Just now, Shannon L. said:

Several of them have donated.

How do you know that? I have to agree with Marley, that I always have a problem with celebrities asking "regular" people to donate to a cause. Even if they all gave a zillion dollars, which no one knows if they have or not, it wouldn't change the fact that they are asking people who have far less, to donate. Also, since a gas crisis is occurring, you would think that people would think twice about arriving in limos, but guess not. Maybe that's why Beyonce arrived on a horse.

Is Elliott Page really short or Jennifer Garner really tall? I really did love Juno.

Yay for Kenneth Branagh. Belfast was a lovely movie.

Yay for Sian Heder. Coda 2 for 2.

Awesome that she has a ASL interpreter with her

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 9
Just now, shoregirl said:

Is Elliott Page really short or Jennifer Garner really tall? I really did love Juno.

Both. Elliott is short while Jennifer is tall and wearing heels.

• Love 2

Garner is 5'8" and Page is a vertically challenged 5'1". So you're right on both counts.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Jennifer Garner is tall, but not THAT tall. But she is probably wearing heels.

Just now, yowsah1 said:

Looks like THE POWER OF THE DOG is going down in flames.  I wonder if they are going to grab at least one award or if they are going to go total goose egg.

I don't see Jane Campion losing for Best Director, but I could see CODA winning Best Picture.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Looks like THE POWER OF THE DOG is going down in flames.  I wonder if they are going to grab at least one award or if they are going to go total goose egg.

It's the favorite for Director if nothing else.

1 minute ago, yowsah1 said:

Jane Campion should still win for Best Director, but otherwise it looks like it's heading for a 1/12 showing.

• Love 4