Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, susannah said:

I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I only know a bit about the Troubles, but I thought that the point of conflict was between the Irish and the English, and the right of the Irish to govern their own country. It's interesting and I am going to learn more about it.

It All stems back to that more or less. At that stage ireland had regained the 26 counties but the troubles mainly existed within the remaining six… there’s so much deep history there. You should read about it as I couldn’t do it justice. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Saw Denzel as Brutus in Broadway's "Julius Caesar." Not only was he terrific; he came out afterwards to meet and sign for anybody who was in line waiting!

The man was born to speak Shakespeare's words. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Avabelle said:

It All stems back to that more or less. At that stage ireland had regained the 26 counties but the troubles mainly existed within the remaining six… there’s so much deep history there. You should read about it as I couldn’t do it justice. 

I am going to. :)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

It's not that I hated it, I just thought it wasn't right for this show.  Next week though....

It's the Oscars. Why start out with a prerecorded song? Everything should be live, so that we can see them screw it up on worldwide television!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Quickbeam said:

I hated the Beyoncé thing. Sue me. 

It looks like they all are sitting in a bowl of lime jello, and what the heck, she comes to the awards riding a horse?

• Love 6
Just now, susannah said:

It looks like they all are sitting in a bowl of lime jello, and what the heck, she comes to the awards riding a horse?

The horse was a head-scratcher for me. Ride the horse to the tennis court and then it just disappeared. 

• Love 2

As usual, the hosting duties are awkward as hell. As per some other Oscars, the hosts aren't gelling together, which makes their bits super awkward, especially when they're all staring at a teleprompter and waiting for the prompter to scroll down for their next line.

• Love 5
Just now, KaveDweller said:

They redid the front of the theater to be tables.....I guess that is more interesting to look at?

They saw Jada coming in with that dress and figured something needed to be done to accommodate it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2