Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I think he's presenting.  They're trying to draw in a new audience.

Does ABC (or whoever) think snowboarding fans are going to watch a 3 hour show to see Shaun White present for two minutes? If someone is that big a Shaun White fan that they want to see him present, wouldn't they just look on YouTube tomorrow? I would have preferred asking more people from actual movies.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I love Rita Moreno.  She is awesome.  Laverne interviewing Rita?  Not so awesome.

Laverne is dreadful. She just doesn’t suit this role at all. When she interviews you can tell she’s not listening to the responses she’s just panicking over how to fill the segment. She’s just not suited to the live environment. She comes off so stressed. 

Not to mention it really feels like she hasn’t a notion who half the celebs are or any of the films. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I don't love Nicole Kidman's dress. 

I like the color and the top half, but not from the hips down.

4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Does ABC (or whoever) think snowboarding fans are going to watch a 3 hour show to see Shaun White present for two minutes? If someone is that big a Shaun White fan that they want to see him present, wouldn't they just look on YouTube tomorrow? I would have preferred asking more people from actual movies.

I was saying the same thing to my son earlier this today. 

• Love 1

Laverne clearly hasn’t a notion what Belfast is, where it is or what it’s about. I really wish they could have a presenter who at least has some interest in the movies. I don’t need an in depth interview but it’s been so painfully obvious with each interview how little she knows about the event in general. 

HATE Zendayas shirt thing.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I love Tracee Ellis Ross but this HAS to be the most ill-fitting dress EVER at the Oscars.

20220327_182234.jpg

Ummmm no.  Just no.  

What is it...you look in the mirror and say to yourself, 'gee I look great' - is she nearsighted, farsighted, doesn'tseehertitssighted?  Hells bells, just stick on some pasties!    

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, Browncoat said:

What is trying to consume Jada Pinkett Smith?

If you have to literally carry it while you're wearing it, it should have been a firm no.  Additionally, where the hell does she store it while seated?

• Love 5

I'll be controversh or bring the unpopular opinion.   When I heard about the no shirt look. I thought I'd hate it.

But when I saw pictures, he's not showing much more than women who occasionally wear the really low cut dresses based on how he's wearing it.  

I don't love it but I don't hate it

It's an interesting choice which men rarely can do given the typical constraints  of a tux.

• Love 4

I like Jessica Chastain, but not the dress. 

Is it Arianna DeBos (name?) from West Side Story?  Love the red pantsuit with the big wrap/cape thing.  She looks great.

Just now, Thumper said:

User error ^^^😂

Edited by Thumper
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'll be controversh or bring the unpopular opinion.   When I heard about the no shirt look. I thought I'd hate it.

But when I saw pictures, he's not showing much more than women who occasionally wear the really low cut dresses based on how he's wearing it.  

I don't love it but I don't hate it

It's an interesting choice which men rarely can do given the typical constraints  of a tux.

Good point. You're right, so I take back the tacky remark. Maybe I don't like it because he's so scrawny. Maybe I'd like it better if the fabric and pants were different.

• Love 3
Just now, KaveDweller said:

I feel like some people are in really ugly dresses, and the E! people are just gushing about them. Either I have no fashion sense or they are awful commentators.

They are awful. They’re literally terrified to comment negatively on anyone in case they get cancelled. I thought Fashion Police tended to take the criticism too far but it was still better entertainment then listening to these vapid suck ups just repeat the same sentence over and over.

• Love 9
Just now, Avabelle said:

They are awful. They’re literally terrified to comment negatively on anyone in case they get cancelled. I thought Fashion Police tended to take the criticism too far but it was still better entertainment then listening to these vapid suck ups just repeat the same sentence over and over.

The problem is when you call everyone "fabulous" and "amazing" the words lose all meaning. 

• Love 11

I hate Kristen Stewart's look.  It looks like they are boyshort underwear and she just forgot her parts. It probably would have a cool look with tight pant hitting at the ankle. But I'm not a fashion person so who knows

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I hate Kristen Stewart's look.  It looks like they are boyshort underwear and she just forgot her parts. It probably would have a cool look with tight pant hitting at the ankle. But I'm not a fashion person so who knows

Her and Chalamet try it feels like too hard to be edgy, hip, and cool.  She especially cares so much about not caring lol.

• Love 6