Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What did Trevor say about Mel?  

I have a problem listening to Mahershala wax about the spirit of the man when Shirley's family says he was misrepresented in the movie.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I was rooting for Richard E. Grant to take it.

• Love 1
Just now, Crs97 said:

What did Trevor say about Mel?  

I have a problem listening to Mahershala wax about the spirit of the man when Shirley's family says he was misrepresented in the movie.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I was rooting for Richard E. Grant to take it.

Trevor's Mel Gibson burn was that he ran into him and Mel Gibson said to him, "Wakanda Forever" followed by a word that he didn't quite catch....

• Love 2
Just now, wallflower75 said:

We go from an amazing dress to....what IS that, exactly?

Exactly my thought!  About 95% of the women there should look at Michelle Yeoh and realize how it should be done.  

• Love 7
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

It would be worth it for the freakout of the critics alone.

Oh God, can you imagine?  It will officially replace Crash as "Worst Best Picture Winner."  Don't get me wrong--I loved the movie and will squeal like a teenage girl if Rami wins Best Actor.  But loving it doesn't mean I don't recognize its flaws.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Archery said:

When Trevor Noah speaks Xhosa, he is 100% sexy.  

Keegan Michael Key's umbrella bit was shade thrown at the current president.

Yeah. Loved Trevor’s effortless clicks. 

I missed Michael’s joke. People my house still don’t know which is Key and which is Peele and decided to discuss it at that moment. 

Edited by topanga
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I just realized they’ve only done the one montage right? They’ll do another when In Memoriam comes but, by now, they’re usually into their fifth or so. 

Not a bad thing at all. Things are moving along.

• Love 3