Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: First Time Again

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

i'm still amazed that after all this time, a zombie can still manage to sneak up on anyone.....with all that noise a zombie make.  they don't exactly tip toe like ninjas when they drag their feet....in the woods drenched inn dead leaves annd sticks.

It's even better when the humans have more problems maneuvering through the forests than the dead.  Maybe instead of learning to shoot they should practice running.  

I think I need to give myself a break from this universe, after FTWD.  All I kept thinking was that the old man in LA pied-piper-ed a herd of zombies with no planning, help, or strategically-placed walls.  These people should've had no issues.  

I did appreciate Sasha keeping the hazard lights on as she drove, and the shutdown of the priest.  Those were nice touches.

• Love 7

In all seriousness doe...I like Heath and I'm totally shipping Carol/Morgan. Also, the Pleasantville-esque black & white flashbacks gave me a headache.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the newbies.  Was Heath the guy with the cool hair who was with Glenn and Nicholas?

Challenged for what? Rick is leading and protecting people.

I agree with the OP - Rick needs some push back.  I love him and I think he's a good leader, but he's not infallible.   Plus checks and balances are good - absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that.

• Love 1

Ok, so after finally getting to watch since my D* DVR screwed me over (without lube!), here's my initial impressions of FTA....

-  The Rick & Morgan of now are just about the complete opposites of themselves back from Days Gone Bye.  Juxtapositioning. 

-  After going through 5 seasons and seeing how the world has changed Rick (& CDB), I really can't wait to get the backstory on Morgan and this 'friend' that changed him into a flower-power peace & love chilled out hippie.

-  WhyTheLivingFuck is Dickless not a rotting corpse right now?!  "He got Noah killed and tried to kill Glenn.  But you know Glenn, he's such a big softie.  Aww shucks, we can't render judgement and reparation if Glenn wants to live and let live."  *shakes head at Glenn (& Maggie/Tara) and everyone else*

-  Eugene got to have a 'hair moment' with another dude!  He so looked like he wanted to have a follicle frolick with that guy.  Speaking of the guy's hair though;  he's been out away from the paradise that is ASZ for 2 weeks, but comes back with perfectly styled braided hair, not even a hint of dirt or whatever in it?  *clenches jaw while stoically turning cheek and forces self to move on*

-  What's this?  A little Carl-Enid-Ron triangle in the making??  OMG, I so hope not.  I do see some rocky times ahead for the Carl-Ron 'bro-ship', though.  What with watching C/E and then Carl's dad killing and (intended to) just dumping said dead dad out in the woods, saying he didn't deserve a burial.

-  Speaking of Carl(/Enid); go get 'er kid!  Might want to start searching the walker kills you make from now on, maybe find some stray condoms in wallets or pockets.  You're a little too young yet to be a Daddy, son. 

-  Carter.  When will these people ever learn?!  You don't mess with Rick Grimes, or Rick Grimes makes a mess of you.  I would ask why he was even allowed to be out there at all, in the 'walker walkabout', but its obvious that Rick was hoping that his end would come sooner than later, and it happened.

-  The semis were maybe left that way to block off the quarry, like Rick was saying, but I think the Wolves turned that in to their 'recruiting' grounds.  Little too convenient to see what we did in Conquer, and then now in FTA.  Wolves either behind it all, or are taking advantage of the natural resources left behind.

-  Sasha and Abe.  The death-wishing daredevils of the ZA.  Actually, I wonder if Abe did that on purpose, that whole getting the walkers back on the road and grabbing the shiny stuff, just to get Sasha to wake up.  A 'show, don't tell' moment that basically said "That is what you have been looking like.  So stop doing that!".

-  That horn at the end was a semi truck's horn.  I'm guessing its coming from near ASZ, but not in or right outside the gate.  The Wolves didn't like the pied piper routine that our people were trying to do and now are in process of fixing that comeuppance. 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

Not only did that episode not have to be 1 1/2 hours, I don't think it needed to be an hour. There was nothing new, just the same old stuff. They've got to find a way for the story to grow, just doing the same things in different places is boring.

• Love 3

Is there another fear the walking dead - plane edition? Huh?

That was...strange and not very enjoyable. Maybe I'm still suffering from fear the walking dead PTSD. The black and white did not work for me and it was choppy.

Rick must be incompetent because Salazar played follow the leader with a couple thousand zombies last week and he did it with essentially no help and little planning. By the time Salazar is a couple of years into this he is going to be using flying flaming zombies as weapons!

Did Sasha signal during one of her turns? Gotta love following traffic rules when the world has ended!

Is Rick okay in the head?

Please kill that blonde girl Rick wants to bone.

Exactly where do they want to lead the zombies anyway? What is the plan?

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 3
tomsmom, on 11 Oct 2015 - 9:54 PM, said:

Why the eff didn't they just fire bomb the shit outta that quarry and burn them up??? Ahhhhh!

Also, why didn't they take care of that farm equipment store - that would cause a distraction and ruin the plan - when they had a shit ton of people to help?  I just rolled my eyes and 'whatevs'd during that scene.

• Love 3

R: Blowing up the pit of walkers or firebombing it: I don't think fire kills walkers....remember when Milton set the walker pit on fire when Woodbury was still around? Schumpert, Martinez and the others went to fetch walkers and they will still alive, albeit charcoal-colored. Same in "The Grove" - burned-to-a-crisp walkers (presumably from the shack that Daryl and Beth set on fire) were approaching the house where Tyreese and Carol were holed up with the girls.

• Love 7

Did Sasha signal during one of her turns? Gotta love following traffic rules when the world has ended!

Is Rick okay in the head?

Please kill that blonde girl Rick wants to bone.

Exactly where do they want to lead the zombies anyway? What is the plan?

She had her emergency flashers on the whole time.  Not sure why.

Probably not.

Yes, she needs to die soon.

20 miles thataway.

• Love 2

Father Pee Pants: "I'll hel...." Rick: "Pass!!!"

You captured every single moment that made this worth it for me (including zombies washing away the boring of FTWD), but this was my favorite moment by far. The resounding "nope!" to his attempt at getting on the right side of zombie history was satisfying.

• Love 3

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the newbies.  Was Heath the guy with the cool hair who was with Glenn and Nicholas?

I agree with the OP - Rick needs some push back.  I love him and I think he's a good leader, but he's not infallible.   Plus checks and balances are good - absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that.

He needs some push back when it's necessary. I don't think that time is now.

• Love 2

Re: Sasha having the flashers on the car, while leading the zombies. 

I think it was intentional, as walkers are attracted to sights and sounds (which usually means finding living things to devour).  So, the flashers blinking added just that much more to the lure of keeping the walkers' attention on following the car.

• Love 13

Eugene's "Hello" when caught listening cracked me up.  I kept waiting for another group of walkers to come out of the woods and get Darryl while leading his parade of the undead.  

Edited by kelslamu

That said, I also don't like that woman - Jessie? - acting so distant, after she told him to go ahead and kill her husband. I don't mind her sticking up for her son, and she's right that he won't listen to the guy who shot his dad, but she definitely came across like Lori.

Well, Rick does have a type.

I kept shouting at Daryl "Objects are closer than they appear!"

• Love 6

Maybe I should be more sympathetic to Ron's grief over his father. I know abusive relationships are complex but I am just so over the Alexandrians acting like Pete wasn't a violent drunk that beat his wife and MURDERED Reg.

Ditto to Michonne and Morgan seeming horrified about Carter. I expected that shit from other characters but those two KNOW they live in the ZA.

Anyway, Ron and Jessie need to go.

• Love 9

Yeah, I'm   a bit disappointed, FTWD  made clear that to lead a herd of zombies you just need an attitude.

Nah, just  kidding, I loved the episode. There were tons  of zombies and a bit of comedy and I really care about  these characters.  I loved that Morgan wasn't fooled by Carol's disguise and I think they'd be perfect for each other,  they have a lot of common. 

• Love 8

Disappointed. A lot of shouting and running and herding and car-driving makes for boring TV.

Plus, there was the hilarity of Rick and Morgan uttering Cryptic Meaningful Dialogue to each other. "I know you." "You are you." No, I know YOU." "I am you."

Rick's face or head looks different. Did they change his hair line, especially in front? Or maybe he gained a little weight in his face?

His affect in so many of the scenes is different than his co-actors. It's like he and Morgan are in two different shows.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5

Oh, this was so much fun I actually laughed out loud on several occasions...especially Rick's flying leap tackle to get Ron out of the way and his immediate shutting down of FPP's offer to help -yeah, I wouldn't let Seth Gilliam drive anything either.

Also, balloons on the RVs! So festive! See, with a few colorful touches any gathering can turn into an occasion.

I really liked the actor playing Heath, he has a nice repertoire of eye-rolls and WTF faces.

And awwww at Morgan holding (new) baby Judith, another cute cute baby.

For a while I was wondering why Jessie and her kids were so distraught by Reg's death, and then I remembered that Porch Dick was their husband/father, so that's how memorable I found that whole storyline last season.

I looooved that they had so many little moments of women together being friends, but I'm really really thisting for some Michonne-Carol interactions, man, they could rock sooo hard together. But I really liked Morgan seeing through Carol's facade and fake smiles to her core of badassness and preparedness. Game recognize game, I guess.

I still really like Deanna, and only partly because of Feldshuh. She's a tough lady, she deserves her time to grieve.

Soooo...what was the endgame? Maybe I'm dumb, or I got distracted and missed the explanation, but what the hell were they going to do with a fuckload of walkers once they drew them farther from ASZ?

Only thing I didn't like: b&w for the flashbacks. We get it, we get they're flashbacks even if you don't spell it out, trust your audience, TWD.

• Love 2

Disappointed. A lot of shouting and running and herding and car-driving makes for boring TV.

Plus, there was the hilarity of Rick and Morgan uttering Cryptic Meaningful Dialogue to each other. "I know you." "You are you." No, I know YOU." "I am you."

Rick's face or head looks different. Did they change his hair line, especially in front? Or maybe he gained a little weight in his face?

His affect is so many of the scenes is different than his co-actors. It's like he and Morgan are in two different shows.

Morgan: "I am the Walrus"

Rick: "goo goo g'joob"

• Love 3

This was a solid enough episode with some nice moments but overall kind of underwhelming for what it had been built up to be.  At 90 minutes, it bordered at times on tedium of watching our gang verrrry slowly herd the walkers and waiting for it inevitably to all go wrong, but maybe that was the point.

The plan to lead them 20 miles out and then ... teleport back I guess so they don't just lure them right back to town didn't really make any sense, but I suppose this is where we have to acknowledge what we know that Deanna and company don't: That our gang are great fighters but their plans always always always go sideways leaving a trail of destruction behind them.

I'm glad to finally see Morgan with the group, although I'm a little sorry not to have seen how that conversation went down.  "Yeah, this is Morgan.  Last time we saw him he was bat crap crazy but not in the same way that I tend to go bat crap crazy.  He's going to be my right-hand man in all of this but that shouldn't concern anyone in any way since it's been a full day and a half since I was last covered in blood ranting at people."  But to be fair, we do have five or six characters now who are playing with the sliding scale of sanity, so as long as he's not actively trying to eat people they should probably be fine with it.

I assume next week should see a much needed culling of the bitching about book clubs and pasta makers ASZhats and the end of Carol's shrinking happy homemaker facade.

• Love 9
Call me crazy, but wouldn't it have made more sense to try and find a way to keep the walkers in the quarry contained? Or at least use the farming equipment to mow them down since their skeletal systems are so fragile now all it takes is a slight rub against a wall to cause their skulls to explode?

How long does it take/hard is it to make arrows? I briefly entertained the idea of just sitting up on the edge and shooting them with the crossbow, one by one, until they were all gone. I have no idea how feasible this would be, and I guess they might not have had time, especially after that semi fell. But it would be quiet, and at least they wouldn't be all out on the road. 

• Love 1
I'm watching the replay right now, and I caught something I missed the first time through - at the store, when Glenn/Heath/Nicholas are about to pop the first door and Heath is expressing reservations about Glenn's plan:

Nicholas: [Glenn's] been on runs since he got here; he knows what he's doing.  Me and Aiden, we didn't.

There may be hope for the boy yet.

Ahhh, good catch. I thought he said, "Me and Aiden, we did it" - as in saying that Nicholas and Aiden had once let walkers out of a door one by one, adding more credence to this being a good plan. Admitting they didn't know what the fuck they were doing makes a lot more sense. It will be interesting to see where Glenn and Nicholas go from here. I think Glenn forgiving him was more about Glenn, and wanting to hang onto his humanity. But it would be interesting if after their big, cathartic tussle in the woods, and working together going forward, they actually became friends. 

It's like Tara is the sister Maggie never had!

If she starts to sing, though....

His plan was working until that horn went off. Rick knows what he's doing most of time. People look to him to lead for a reason.

Agreed. Even the best of plans is vulnerable to surprises, things you didn't see coming. The thing is, those walkers were starting to get out anyway, and with the truck falling - it would have started happening a lot faster. The whole herd would have come down upon them anyhow. This way they were trying to control the herd - point them in a different direction. 

I think Rick is a pretty good planner, going back to season one. If he hadn't come up with his plan in Guts, CDB might never have gotten out of that department store. And while it wasn't super exciting, the fake-out at the end of season three worked brilliantly against the Guv and his people. 

I hope that Daryl gets his tongue back from whatever cat has got it and lets Rick know that he's no longer the unquestioning, loyal soldier he once was.

I just hope Daryl gets a haircut. 

• Love 9

I kept waiting for someone anyone to point out that it might be easier for the pied piper of the worst homecoming parade ever to actually see where he was going if he didn't have hair hanging down in his eyes.  But then I've been waiting for someone to point it out for two full seasons now.  He looks like a damn sheepdog.

• Love 10

I guess these folks will never bother with body armor?  No face shields, duct-tape sleeves, etc? 

Rick might be going off the slippery slope but it's pretty clear that no one has the right blend of smarts, determination, and charisma to take his place as leader.  Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Carol, and Abraham are all great as number 2s but for one reason or another I can't see any being viable leaders of such a large group.

• Love 6

That first shot of the quarry was terrifying.  Like so many of you I couldn't help but think a better plan would have involved containing the walkers and destroying them in the pit.  Setting them free seemed unduly risky.  100,000 new walkers on the loose?  What could go wrong?  Not only does it endanger others, there is always the possibility they could get turned around and come right back.  So I agree with this:

I'm glad the show is back but it seemed to me that they were trying too hard to a) make the episode action packed with an unneeded overly complicated plan and b) fill 90 minutes of airtime. And it's time to start killing off Alexandrians. Starting with Jessie and Ron.

Thank goodness Jessie didn't fall into Rick's arms.  I prefer her in the background.  But speaking of Alexandrians, I was confusing Carter with Tobin so glad we are down one middle aged white male.  (Well, 3 if you count Pete and Reg.)  I did love Rick crashing the "I Hate Rick" club and rolling his eyes at the thought that these children were going to take down Michonne, Daryl, etc.

A good plan might have been saying "Hey, Morgan, you're pretty good at setting zombie traps. What's a good way to keep them from getting out?"

And if you really want to have a big zombie parade, maybe at least wait five minutes until the people walking along next to it have some training? And, I don't know, maybe armor or something?

That whole schtick was doomed to fail. Make a ton of noise to keep them following you, and just magically assume that another herd isn't going to come in sideways, and that the W guys who are so famously "not far" won't just start shooting at you with sniper rifles... it's an awful plan. It failed near the ASZ because that's where their enemies chose to make it fail. But there were miles to go for other things to go wrong during.

Plus, you really have to be a special piece of work to think "release them into other people's neighborhoods" should be the number one go-to solution. 

They had all those metal panels that could have been used to beef up the egress points of the quarry.  Maybe not a permanent solution but one that could hold for a while.  (Unless the Wolves were sabotaging their efforts.)

At least when everyone was installing the panels along the road they put the braces on the right side, unlike those around Alexandria where the braces are on the outside.  We'll see how long those last now that the parade is coming to town.

• Love 4

Great episode. Totally creeped out by the Quarry of Walkers! Apparently the special effects budgets for the show has significantly increased.

I hope this doesn't mean that they "splurged" on the opening episode and used up all their money. Now, they'll resort to what we had on Fear The Walking Dead.

"Look."

"At what?"

"Over there! Are those dead people . . . walking? On my GOD!!"

"Where?"

"Through the trees and around that bend. Oh, never mind, you can't see them from your angle."

• Love 13
Also, why didn't they take care of that farm equipment store - that would cause a distraction and ruin the plan - when they had a shit ton of people to help?  I just rolled my eyes and 'whatevs'd during that scene.

They weren't intending to do the whole Pied Piper routine that day. They just went out there for a dry run. They came across the farm store during practice and Rick said we'd take care of it on the way back to ASZ. However, when the semi fell, they knew they couldn't wait - they had to put the plan in motion NOW. So Glenn was sent to the store to take care of it before Sasha and Daryl got that far. 

R: Blowing up the pit of walkers or firebombing it: I don't think fire kills walkers....remember when Milton set the walker pit on fire when Woodbury was still around? Schumpert, Martinez and the others went to fetch walkers and they will still alive, albeit charcoal-colored. Same in "The Grove" - burned-to-a-crisp walkers (presumably from the shack that Daryl and Beth set on fire) were approaching the house where Tyreese and Carol were holed up with the girls.

Fire doesn't kill them. But, depending, it might to destroy enough of their body to render them almost harmless. But again, you have to worry about attracting more to the area. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do it, but my husband brought up the idea of bring the herd back around and somehow getting them all to walk over the edge of the quarry cliff. They wouldn't necessarily die, but they'd be a broken mess, unable to get up and walk - and therefore easier to kill. 

• Love 7
I think it's because she's pregnant.

Funny how several of us got that very same impression.

Just like whomever upthread I actually wondered if it had been confirmed last season and I forgot about it.

Guess not but the vibes are strong.

No, fire doesn't kill them.  But you'd have to think as rotted and decomposed as lot of them are at this point that it could damage tendons and what's left of muscles enough to immobilize a lot of them.  I kept wondering if they all just walked down in there lured by the sound of the others or how many had gone over the cliff.  But you have to think the fall would also have immobilized quite a few since it's not like they can heal broken legs.

I think I think about this kind of thing too much.

• Love 2

Why the eff didn't they just fire bomb the shit outta that quarry and burn them up??? Ahhhhh!

I couldn't get past that and it ruined the entire episode for me. You've already got a mass of more or less contained zombies, why in the world would you try to lead them anywhere else? Get to work with firebombs, flamethrowers if you can dig some up in the city, homemade bombs of all sorts, pumping gasoline all over the pit and then lighting it, all of the above. Job done! It's so simple and practical and it bugs me that no one even suggests it and they come up with some logical (or stupid) reason to shoot the idea down.

ETA and as for the bombing making noise. weren't they making quite a bit of noise trying to herd them? If bombs are too loud, the squirt with tanks of oil, gasoline or anything else flammable and then light it, could be plan B. And if the corpses are burned down to the bone, they aren't going to be walking anywhere.

Edited by BonnieD
  • Love 2

I liked the Lost music that played during the "quiet" scenes.

Rick acknowledged that they had to act sooner than he expected. I don't think he'd had a chance to think through the ending. That's not necessarily his fault.  It's just that the Walkers decided to make a break for it. You know, they had some of their friends bring horses and pull out the bars on the back window. JAIL BREAK!

Also, firebombing the Walkers could have had all kinds of unintended results. Remember: Don't Play With Fire.

I think instead of building that curved wall, they should have built a round-about like you see in Europe. You get the Walkers walking in one of those and they'd never get out. (Kind of like me in London.)

• Love 7

Cargan Or Morgol If You Prefer

Hopefully, neither. They can badass Morgan all they want, still not sold on the character or the actor. Well, the actor a little.

I hope they aren't setting us up for a long term Rick vs. Morgan storyline this season. The episode itself was...meh.

All I kept thinking was that the old man in LA pied-piper-ed a herd of zombies with no planning, help, or strategically-placed walls.  These people should've had no issues.

d

Definitely.  If Daniel Salazar saw this he would just mutter "Amateurs".

Its the lack of beard and grime that has made the difference.  

I just hope Daryl gets a haircut.

Never going to happen did you see the GQ layout?  1 photo layout of Reedus looking good means we must deal with the dead animal on Daryl's head for the entire season.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 2

I don't think that Rick's plan was ideal and was doomed to fail, but I don't understand the comments about bombing or using fire on the walkers in the quarry. I know this is tv, but how would that be remotely feasible? Where would they get the explosives? They have weapons,but I did not see a stockpile of explosives somewhere in Alexandria that they could use. They would have to set the explosives carefully so that they could kill all the walkers at once because they could open up the quarry with the explosion causing walkers to escape. As far as I could tell none Alexandrians are engineers or physicists or explosive experts to know where to set the explosives. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 12

Funny how several of us got that very same impression.

Just like whomever upthread I actually wondered if it had been confirmed last season and I forgot about it.

Guess not but the vibes are strong.

The vibes were strong. I kept trying to figure out the timeline and when Maggie could have gotten pregnant though. I'm sure they got busy once they got to Alexandria, but apparently they've been there less than two weeks and they spent how long before that wandering around half dead.

I really enjoyed the episode. Couple comments I wanted to throw in there. First, Rick realized the walker pit was failing before he and Morgan found it, he saw that the walkers were all moving up the path out and piling up against the two semi's parked on that side as well as how precariously perched one of those semi's was, it looked far too unstable to be safely, quickly shored up. Rick knew they had to deal with the situation as it was, if they had for instance set fire to the walker pit, you would then have flaming walkers eventually escaping the pit. If instead they had blown the shit out of the pit, that would collapse what was keeping the mass of them at bay but unless you had one massive, seriously mega explosion, all you would do would be release the mass of walkers every which-a-way.

So Rick's plan was insanely risky but also I thought a pretty solid one. Now of course there's "what do you do with 1000 strong walker herd?" Apparently Rick was content with just pointing them in a direction away and leaving it at that. That part of the plan......meh, I understand he was just thinking of keeping his town safe and that was enough. Was it as shitty as Salazar releasing 20,000 fresh dead on a sleepy LA suburb? Not to me. If he thought about it at all, Rick would probably reason that any survivors in the path of the horde would hear and smell them far enough away to get out of the way. In some ways, a herd that huge is far less scary than the one shambling out of the dark.

• Love 9

This show always causes me so much stress even when nothing's happening.  Why do I put myself through this???  

Exactly.  I love it no matter how ridiculous it gets, but I spend the hour worrying about the characters, and then at the end, I always say "I hate this show".  

If I didn't already adore Morgan, I would have instantly fallen in love with him when he let Miss Carol know that shes not as slick as she thinks she is.  Watching Morgan putting her in her place was a thing of beauty.

I didn't get that "putting her in her place" vibe at all.  There's a big difference between letting her know he sees something isn't right about her and putting her down.  I didn't mind it at all.  As another poster said, "game recognizes game".  He seems good with it.  

Do my eyes deceive or does the Family Richonne live together now. YAY!!!

Just an observation. IMO, the baby(s)playing Judith seem so totally comfortable with Andy Lincoln. It feels like they are father and daughter just in the way he holds her and they look at each other. Often babies are so awkward with actors but I don't see that at all with these babies and Andy. When Rick gave her to Morgan she sure looked like she was looking right at Andy...Like "Daddy, nooo. It's a new person!" So cute!

I think they always have lived together, but I could be wrong.  In any case, even if Michonne is perfectly fine with Morgan.... Rick, DUDE, you should have asked her before moving in him into what is NOT only YOUR house.  

As for Judith, I'm afraid I have to disagree.  I thought it was such a shame that babies grow faster than shows are filmed, because Judith last year was amazing and actually seemed to be in the scenes as well as being comfortable with the actors.  This year's Judith seems distracted by everything off camera and just kept looking around.  Distracted me.  

I think as other said it was just her hazard light, but I would love for it to have been her turn signal.  I would be the only one in the ZA using a turn signal, too.

Ditto to Michonne and Morgan seeming horrified about Carter. I expected that shit from other characters but those two KNOW they live in the ZA.

That really bugged the crap out of me.  Rick's shot surely didn't totally obliterated the gaping neck/face wound, and there's a Walker on the ground *right there*.  It's got to be pretty clear what happened.  The fact that Rick had a problem with Carter and it conveniently shut him up doesn't mean that there was any possible way to end this that wasn't a bullet in Carter's head.  

But to be fair, we do have five or six characters now who are playing with the sliding scale of sanity, so as long as he's not actively trying to eat people they should probably be fine with it.

I just had to shout out that I love this observation.

Overall, my favorite parts were similar to others.  "I should be delivering pizzas" was awesome... but it also made me think again what I've always thought about Glenn:  without the ZA, would he have just been one of those guys who never does anything but deliver pizza, never realizing what he's capable of doing and that he has leadership potential and smarts?  

As for Maggie, either yes, she's pregnant, and they think they're somehow being subtle (not such a specialty of theirs, hmm?) or this is a deliberate red herring and they want us to think she's pregnant and it's really something else.  But every time we think they're being clever, we're usually proven wrong.  (And I just go with the flow...)

• Love 11

"I know you." "You are you." No, I know YOU." "I am you."

This should be a bumper sticker! It reminds me of a Supernatural gag reel mocking man speak (or lack thereof):

Sam: Dean.

Dean: What.

Sam: I love you.

Dean: I love you too.

She had her emergency flashers on the whole time. Not sure why.

Probably not.

Yes, she needs to die soon.

20 miles thataway.

The hazard lights might have been flashing to help attract the walkers.

I think it would be normal to signal turns even during a ZA. Driving become instinctive after a while and you do things out of routine without thinking.

Re: Sasha having the flashers on the car, while leading the zombies. 

I think it was intentional, as walkers are attracted to sights and sounds (which usually means finding living things to devour).  So, the flashers blinking added just that much more to the lure of keeping the walkers' attention on following the car.

I wonder why they didn't use the horn.  Or did they? 

The other nitpick I have...they've used camouflage before, right, smearing blood and guts on themselves so walkers ignore them somewhat?  Why would they not do that during a major operation like this- at least the ones that weren't leading the pack?

I couldn't tell if Michonne/Morgan reacted to Rick killing that guy because they were bothered by what Rick did or because they weren't thrilled he was right in his assessment/prediction.  I'm leaning towards the latter, only because it's tougher to justify talking Rick down when he wants to take someone out if he's got great instincts.  

• Love 3

I'd like to give at least Michonne the benefit of the doubt and assume that she sized up Carter's face wound and the need to quiet him accurately and that the look on her face meant, "Shit ... This is not going to play well in Alexandria."

• Love 7

For all the complaints about the black and white, there'd be a lot more if everyone was confused about what was past and present. I'm not saying it had to be black and white, but it had to be something, and other techniques may have been even more hokey.

FTWD certainly has me appreciating some things about this show that FTWD didn't carry over: the 16mm cinematograohy,the Bear McCreary music.... the zombies. I guess the mama show is hogging up the zombie budget.

• Love 11