Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, rur said:

And, BTW, Sam, the "I dunno . . . some man came in,  did it, and then ran away  . . ." story is usually discarded as a possible believable story after most people reach 5th grade.

And yet, Shiloh is stupid enough to fall for it.  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And yet, Shiloh is stupid enough to fall for it.  

And, still, with brain trusts like them, the PCPD still can't get much done.

Please, please, please let Shiloh be playing her! Kristina already commented that he has a special interest in Sam.

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

How hard would it have been for Sam to knock over a couple of those candles when she and Shiloh left the attic? Place goes up in flames, the pledges are destroyed, everything a-ok.

Heck, she and Jason could have done that after he knocked Shiloh out, and Shiloh could have died in the inferno.  Too bad, so sad.

I am ready for this story to be done.  I was ready a while ago, but now I'm really, really, really ready. 

Bye bye DoD, hello Jax!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Hopefully Jax buys Aurora!  Drew needs to sell everything and leave!

Sam is more excited to throw Jason out of the room than anything else in months...I think after she slapped him in the hospital.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think I'd like Jax and Drew teaming up and taking over business in Port Charles. I'm tired of the Sonny 'Greatest Businessman' storyline and Michael is  a complete dud.

Since Kristina is trying to get her pledge back, I think she really is out of DoD now.  I thought there was zero chemistry between Kristina and nuValerie.  But Alexis and the psychologist ... yeah.  I hope Neil sticks around.

Just how stupid is Shiloh that he buys Sam's act?

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

To be fair, though, that is a totally sucky situation.  I mean can you imagine going to sleep at 25 and waking up at 45 (or whatever).  You literally lost all those years. And, you don't feel the age you are mentally, but you can't act like a 25 year old, because your body is 45.

There isn't that much difference in terms of mindset between 25 and 45 though.  My mother-in-law told me that she felt like she was 23, and she was in her 70s.  Falling into a coma at 25 doesn't give you permission to act like 14 year old mean girl when you come out of it.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

While it amuses me, I don't think that's unreasonable of Sonny. Jax is totally messing around with him with that move.

I hope Jax continues to mess with him, couldn't happen to a more worthy guy.

But is Sonny really that attached to Kate's house? I thought he was long over her by then. If Jax doesn't buy that one, he'll just buy another.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But is Sonny really that attached to Kate's house? I thought he was long over her by then. If Jax doesn't buy that one, he'll just buy another.

The house is next door, that is the thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, that Kristina never mentioned what her pledge was or about whom? I thought after Willow mentioned hers it would have been Sonny's first question.

Sonny, Jason and Sam automatically assumed that it was about Sonny.  Narcissism works that way. 

There's also the fact that Alexis killing Keifer isn't a secret. If it were, I think Sam's determination to get the pledge back might make a little more sense. Sam does love Alexis and she's protective of the Davis family*, but there's no logical reason for her to go to these lengths to protect a Sonny secret.  And if Sonny/Jason believe it's a Sonny secret, where the hell is their urgency? The character motivation issue isn't the dumbest thing about this story, but it certainly isn't helping.

*Which is why I don't mind that she still openly loathes Julian - when she's not openly loathing him in his bar.

• Love 3

I think Chase might be my dream man, you guys. I have a ginormous crush. Now THAT is a good guy. 

Speaking of good guys, Jax is back!! And apparently staying. I’m pretty excited about it. 

Can someone please make a gif of Jason kicking down the DOD door? I laughed so hard, I need to watch that on a loop lol. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think I'd like Jax and Drew teaming up and taking over business in Port Charles. I'm tired of the Sonny 'Greatest Businessman' storyline and Michael is  a complete dud.

While I was watching the scenes with Drew and Curtis, which were a really long time coming, because why the fuck did they decide those shouldn't have scenes anymore is beyond me, I was thinking that they should invite Jax for a beer every now and again and then welcome Chase in their inner circle of just nice guys.

Also ,,l,, Jason and Sonny. Because reasons.

• Love 10

Wasn't really an Ingo fan in the past but I have to say this go round,  I'm very interested.....loved his interaction with Josslyn today and I loved how they spoke about his mother...I even enjoyed him toying with Sonny but  of course the entire thing was practically ruined by that she-beast in the background...

I have never actively loathed a soap opera character as bad as I do her...

...nothing redeeming about her and that includes her hair which I used to covet but now it has taken on a life of its own...

....and because I can't resist... oh my God was Neil awesome today... love the twinkle in his eye....they need to find a reason to keep him around

• Love 5
(edited)

Why would Jax have to buy a house?  Doesn't he own Carly's house that's sitting empty?

Also, I read something about Willow scolding Brad about his parenting skills?  I mean, I get it if it's because of Brad's affiliation with DoD, but there's something unsettling about the "birth mother" schooling the parenting of a gay man, the presentation that she knows better than him.  As I said before, Willow's involvement in the baby swap, I don't like.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why would Jax have to buy a house?  Doesn't he own Carly's house that's sitting empty?

Like the MetroCourt, he gave it to Carly.

• Love 1

Jesus God. Carly was practically salivating over Jax. Yes Carly, that is what a truly good father looks like. Sonny will never be that to your new baybay. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Wait wasn't Carly's old house also once lived in by Kate?  Or was it the same cheap set.

Co-signing on the Chase love.  He's cute, thoughtful and has a positive attitude.  He's a human Golden Retriever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

That stupid pledge stuff. Who cares? Depending on what they are, there are statutes of limitation, people can claim coercion, people can say they lied, etc. Releasing it or whatever just brings unwelcome attention to DoD.

It was weird that Carly was lurking in the background during the Jax/Joss scenes. So unnecessary.

Of course Sonny is petty enough to want to buy Kate's house so Jax won't get it. Good lord. What a colossal baby.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Co-signing on the Chase love.  He's cute, thoughtful and has a positive attitude.  He's a human Golden Retriever.

He's also being written as a detective who can actually detect, so color me happy (though shocked).  Actually, so is Valerie, so that's another plus.  I hate when the cops are made to look like idiots all in service of Sonny and Jason literally getting away with murder.

I liked Drew and Curtis today, but why in the world would Jordan and Curtis need Drew to pay for her transplant?  Does the PCPD have no insurance? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I liked Drew and Curtis today, but why in the world would Jordan and Curtis need Drew to pay for her transplant?  Does the PCPD have no insurance? 

There was some noise about Jordan needing to be at Mercy (that death trap) because GH wasn't in-network or something like that.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I really want Jax and Drew become friends.  Ned is already Jax's best friend and Curtis is Drew's, the four of them hanging out would be awesome.  

• Love 5

Jax: "What royalty-free song can we sing?"

Jason just leaves Sam there?  Jason doesn't check first to see he has the actual pledge and not  blank papers?  The stupidity, it burns.  Where were his lock picks when he rushed over and kicked the door in?

Kristina and nuValerie.  Does Krissy have chemistry with anyone?  This was even worse than originalValerie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is Drew any good at "business"? Because I still don't understand what his non-enforcer skills are supposed to be.

Julian is on his second successful business. Drew hired someone to run the business that he extorted from Julian

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)

He told Curtis today that he had just done a big business deal and had the money on hand so he can pay the extra costs of Jordan's treatment.

Drew was a SEAL so I can buy that he's smart enough to learn to be a decent businessman. Especially if Michael who appears never to have gone to business school is running ELQ.

59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I assumed that there are extra costs that their insurance doesn't cover.  I was all smug about the health coverage where I live and then yesterday I ran across a gofundme campaign to help a 6 year old little girl in her cancer treatment. The new government has cut benefits to anyone who has private insurance and her family's insurance doesn't cover the $450 a week food for her feeding tube.

Also recovering from a transplant is a lifelong thing.  The husband of a friend of mine got a double lung transplant and it was a year before he had enough energy even to be retired.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, I read something about Willow scolding Brad about his parenting skills?  I mean, I get it if it's because of Brad's affiliation with DoD, but there's something unsettling about the "birth mother" schooling the parenting of a gay man, the presentation that she knows better than him.  As I said before, Willow's involvement in the baby swap, I don't like.

Willow freaked out when she heard Valerie tell Brad not to let Wylie near anything DoD. Lucas told her off that Wylie is their son and she has no business saying anything.  Later Willow admitted to Chase that Wylie is her baby.

So it was clear that it was the association to DoD and not because Brad is a gay man.

Edited by statsgirl
edited to remove where I live to avoid politics
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

So it was clear that it was the association to DoD and not because Brad is a gay man.

Regardless of Willow's reasons, you still have a gay man being criticized for his parenting by the birth mother, who is being portrayed as knowing better than the gay adoptive parents.  The message is still there, so I can see why it might be concerning.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2019 at 3:58 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

From what I've read abut cults, it can take anywhere from several months to several years to reprogram former members. But I'm suppose to believe that Kristina is just magically back to normal after a few days because of one conversation with Willow?  Suuuure. 

A few days? I thought it was even sooner, like next morning. I could buy Kristina being shaken by Willow’s story and then more willing to listen to her parents, but to go from “Shiloh is my savior!” to “I’m so over Shiloh!” on the basis of one stranger’s testimony is ridiculous. But whatever. If it saves me from having to suffer through more scenes of Kristina wailing and pouting, I guess I’m on board.

15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I think it would be deliciously soapy if Jordan got Ryan's kidney then became evil.  At least she would be more interesting.

So what happens when you inherit an evil kidney? Will we see Jordan stalking people and then peeing on them?

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jason just leaves Sam there?  Jason doesn't check to see he has the actual pledge and not  blank papers?  The stupidity, it burns.  

And how did he know they were the pledges? When Sam was looking, there were cabinets full of files, far too many for Jason to stuff into his pants. Was there a separate file labeled “Pledges”? And if so, why would Shiloh bother replacing the pages with blank paper rather than just removing the whole file? The stupidity, it blisters and chars.

Jax: Jocelyn’s so brave.

Carly: I’m so proud of how brave Joss is being!

Jason: Joss is brave. Brave like Carly.

Somebody buy the writers a thesaurus. I also kept waiting for someone to mention how Joss loves with her Whole Heart.

This goes back a couple of days to when Willow was flashing her tattoo, but I’ve been wondering: Why doesn’t she just get it removed? And why does it look like she applies a fresh coat of magic marker to it every night?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

what happens when you inherit an evil kidney? Will we see Jordan stalking people and then peeing on them?

Ha!  There is an old episode of The Simpsons where Homer gets a hair transplant from a violent criminal.  IIRC he would get a surge of evil when he stroked or combed his hair.  So maybe Jordan would get the urge to kill every time she took a wee.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This goes back a couple of days to when Willow was flashing her tattoo, but I’ve been wondering: Why doesn’t she just get it removed? 

It costs money to get a tattoo removed, and it's apparently rather painful, so I don't blame Willow for not wanting to go through that. She could cover it up with Dermablend or something, though, if she really doesn't want the world to see it.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It costs money to get a tattoo removed, and it's apparently rather painful, so I don't blame Willow for not wanting to go through that. She could cover it up with Dermablend or something, though, if she really doesn't want the world to see it.

It's not really in a place where the world can see it. 

• Love 3

I think people are making way too much of Willow scolding Brad. YMMV but all I see is a woman who is genuinely frightened that Brad is exposing the baby to DoD and Shiloh, which she believes to be extremely dangerous. Especially since she equally believes the child to be her son with Shiloh. I don't see anything to indicate it's because Brad is gay.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Like the MetroCourt, he gave it to Carly.

I don't think so.  I think that's where Bobbie lives (and possibly Valerie) (and where Lucas was staying before he and Brad got married)

• Love 2
Just now, perkie1968 said:

I don't think so.  I think that's where Bobbie lives (and possibly Valerie) (and where Lucas was staying before he and Brad got married)

I miss the Brownstone.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She could also get it remade into something else.  Change it so that it no longer looks like the DoD mark.I can't wait

I heard about a woman in the US who removes tattoos from abusive relationships for free.  One woman had her ex's name tattooed all over her, like all over, because he wanted no other man to have her while he was in prison.

8 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Regardless of Willow's reasons, you still have a gay man being criticized for his parenting by the birth mother, who is being portrayed as knowing better than the gay adoptive parents.  The message is still there, so I can see why it might be concerning.

I can't wait till we get to when sexual orientation becomes irrelevant and it's about the story itself.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I think people are making way too much of Willow scolding Brad. YMMV but all I see is a woman who is genuinely frightened that Brad is exposing the baby to DoD and Shiloh, which she believes to be extremely dangerous. Especially since she equally believes the child to be her son with Shiloh. I don't see anything to indicate it's because Brad is gay.

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous. It's also helpful to remember that Willow OK'd them as the adoptive parents, and the only thing she didn't like about them was Julian's mobbed-up past.

Oof, that lullaby was more than a little flat, Jax. Don't quit your day job.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 5
On 5/7/2019 at 1:43 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Here is the scene with Laura and Robert.  (Sorry, can't seem to edit my comment above to add it.)

OMGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss this visit????!!! I'm pretty sure I was sporadically watching! Or mebbe I wasn't. Oh, wait. I jumped and swam to the Barge when Robin and Patrick left. It won't happen, but I'd really love to see these two and yes, even Luke, go on another adventure. Oh Wait. I forgot whose running this clusterfuck of a fakakta soap.

• Love 2

Sonny needs to back off on talking to Robert effin Scorpio that way. I also find it to be a huge mistake to have Robert and Finn in the same scenes or storyline unless the intent is to show what a badass Robert is and what a namby pamby Finn is.

Looks like they are actually moving forward with baby swap. My prediction: Brad lets it slip that Willow is the mother, Shiloh is able to put it all together. He is going to go after Wiley but then Brad tells the truth in his confession for the trust. Shiloh keeps his mouth shut and uses the assumed truth to try and get Willow back. When it all hits the fan, Brad will tell Lucas the truth who will reveal that Wiley is actually Jonah to keep him away from the cult. The Whos break up for good.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jason and Sam holding hands in the Quartermaine mansion with nary a word or thought about Drew/Oscar felt like a big "fuck you" from the show to anyone who expects Sam to care about her ex and her daughter's brother. If they'd just temper the Shiloh stuff with anything indicating Sam has genuine concern for what Drew's going through instead of keeping them completely removed from each other, I wouldn't be so upset. As it is, I hope Drew takes Scout and heads for Kilimanjaro and doesn't look back.

Mike making off with someone else's ring is better than him walking away with someone else's child, so, progress? It is frustrating to watch Robert act childish and not return the damn thing to Finn already, though. He's entitled to his feelings about Anna and Peter but the ring deal feels needlessly petty.

Wait, did Michael continue to hang out with Alexis to score Kristina's leftover frittata? CEO of ELQ, son of the most powerful families in town, taking advantage of a free meal, hee. (I did like their chat and enjoy when the show leans into Michael's old man aesthetic of preferring the company of people older than him.)

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Looks like they are actually moving forward with baby swap.

I have to acknowledge that this story is being done in a traditionally soapy way. There are still lots of directions the story can take and multiple characters to involve. So, writers, more stories with intertwined characters and motivations are in your wheelhouse: get them on the screen!

• Love 2

Anna's love for her bland as a dish rag son is so blech.

Wasn't she ready to blow up Robin's life by telling her that Alex was her mother (unless I'm totally misremembering, which is the norm with this show), but she's trying to spare Peter's delicate feelings.

How long does LWB have on his contract? The character has no personality.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Wait, did Michael continue to hang out with Alexis to score Kristina's leftover frittata?

Well, at least someone was eating it.  I hate tv characters who make a meal and then leave without eating it.  Perfectly good food!!  Though I am curious as to who made the meal.  Alexis told Kristina that "her sister" made it and I'm pretty sure Sam is too far up both Jason and Shiloh's butts to boil water, much less make a frittata.  Which means it was Molly and the show didn't bother to give us a Molly/Kristina reunion.  Stupid show.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow freaked out when she heard Valerie tell Brad not to let Wylie near anything DoD.

I was so confused about seeing nuValerie holding the baby while sitting with Lucas and Brad, because I was wondering when did they even meet her let alone spend enough time with her for her to get attached to their son?  Then she goes running in to tell Chase that her "cousin's husband"... and I went ohhhhhh right. 

I never thought of her as being a cousin to Lucas because as far as I recall, they've never had a scene together.  I believe the last time his mother Bobbie and Valerie had a scene was in the aftermath of the Dante affair. So Val has been pulled out of the closet as an example of DoD isolating Kristina "from friends" and now she's all "my cousin's husband is being brainwashed by DoD!! Help!" 

The only reason Lucas and Brad have had significant-ish screen time in the last year or so is because Lucas is unknowingly being dad to super precious Michael Corinthos/Quartermaine's baby.  The writers are using the Lucas character because he's sort of Carly's brother (I say sort of because they didn't grow up together, he loved his adoptive mother Bobbie while she IMO has always just used her birth mother Bobbie after trying to wreck her life, and L&C never saw each other on-screen during his adulthood years until her newborn grandson became 'my son Wiley'). 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I believe the last time his mother Bobbie and Valerie had a scene was in the aftermath of the Dante affair.

There were scenes after that.  There was a scene at the beginning of last year, where Valerie was the one who spilled the beans to Bobbie that Brucas were trying to adopt.  I remember a brief Valerie/Brucas scene around that same time.  Than Valerie disapeared for a whole chunk of time, only to show up briefly a few months ago in the DOD/Kristina story.  

• Useful 1

Sonny: Robert, can you make sure your people help Dante get back to himself?

Oh, because if Sonny doesn't ask it, the whole operation will run off the rails. Dante just should stay away, because on his visit I could feel the "Sonny pees all over his kids" infantilization process like with Michael and Kristina happening.

(Fun fact: When FV called DZ to come back his proposal was Sonny was gonna rescue Dante and DZ was like 'why don't they rescue each other?')

• Love 3