Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, makelemons said:

before he deleted his twitter co-HW CVE was always gushing about JossCar..... he floved  them. Regular fans though? Few if any I think.... I heard about a few Stans that were mad people were celebrating the death of a fictional character. 

They must be young fans if they’re new to the “celebrating a fictional death” crew. That’s standard in entertainment.

• Love 4

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I cannot stand Diane.  So friggin' smug, just like Sonny and Jason.  I'd love to see her go to prison for all the shady shit she's done over the years for them.

Sam's so upset over Oscar she's on sedatives.  Oh, wait...

Speaking of, gotta love a dead kid who had the foresight to get head shots so his friends could leave them taped to his door. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But a part of him is sure to live on! In Jordan, that is

I don't think they can use Oscar's kidney.  It would have to have been kept alive and with Oscar dying at home that didn't happen.  Plus there's a timer on those things and a fair amount of time passed from when he died to when the paramedics showed up to get him.  

So basically, they had Sam go over to the mansion today, to offer her condolences, offscreen.  Yeah, ok.  

Blooper of the day today:  Julian has papers in his hands when he runs into Willow.  Supposedly dropping off paperwork for Leo to start preschool because Olivia was too distraught to do it.  Julian still has the papers in his hand in the classroom with Willow.  then when he's leaving Willows' room, no papers.  

Also why is wandering the halls and not going to the office (i know, I know, plot point to run into Willow, but that classroom is grand central station some days)

Gotta say, it got a wee bit dusty in here when Kim got home and found the memorial for Oscar.  Not sure why that would get me and nothing else did, but there you have it.  I also thought TB did a good job in that scene.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam's so upset over Oscar she's on sedatives.  Oh, wait...

No shade, I feel like KM is having trouble memorizing her lines. I could drive cars through those pauses. I don't think anything is seriously wrong but something is off.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m super curious as to whether there was a group of people who shipped Joss and Oscar. Is there anyone who wanted to see this relationship play out? I feel like that’s the answer as to whether a story like this worked....like, is their sadness that this pairing is over?

All pairings have some people who like them, even if they're not hugely popular. I wasn't super into Joss/Oscar, but I wouldn't have minded seeing it play out. I had no issue with Oscar and am not happy he's dead. I'm not gnashing my teeth over it, but I don't think the storyline was necessary. As for whether this storyline worked being based on if people are sad Joss/Oscar are done, IMO that doesn't feel like the only way to tell if this storyline worked. Yes, the lion share of this storyline revolved around that relationship, but it worked for me because I really like Drew and I like Kim and, as much as there should have been more of it, I liked seeing Oscar's ties to the Q's.

• Love 7

Can they call Valerie "Detective Valerie Spencer" instead of "Detective Spencer"? It makes me think Lucky is about to pop around the corner. :tear:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

but it worked for me because I really like Drew and I like Kim and, as much as there should have been more of it, I liked seeing Oscar's ties to the Q's.

I have a hard time with Drew because I feel like he still feels like a stranger; I guess I just want Jason’s memories erased from his brain and for him to actually remember his past life. But that’s a personal preference.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No shade, I feel like KM is having trouble memorizing her lines. I could drive cars through those pauses. I don't think anything is seriously wrong but something is off.

Or maybe she's just phoning it in that badly.  

This has been for about a year so if she is unwell then he's letting her go on screen like Kirsten Storms?  

Edited by Hater
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Or maybe she's just phoning it in that badly.  

This has been for about a year so if she is unwell then he's letting her go on screen like Kirsten Storms?  

It takes effort to phone it in that much though. If I were phoning it in I'd be saying my lines as fast as possible so I could get out of there.

And BB was the one who told KSt she needed to go get help, so it's certainly possible FV is just like "whatever". 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It takes effort to phone it in that much though. If I were phoning it in I'd be saying my lines as fast as possible so I could get out of there.

And BB was the one who told KSt she needed to go get help, so it's certainly possible FV is just like "whatever". 

I don't think anything is wrong.  She's always been low energy now she's just not putting anything into it and she's clearly unhappy on top of it.

If something is wrong then it's unreal she is getting as much airtime as she does. 

Edit: I don't Kelly is rehearsing based on what the Coby (Shiloh) said in an interview.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Hater said:

Edit: I don't Kelly is rehearsing based on what the Coby (Shiloh) said in an interview.  

That could definitely explain the giant pauses. Even closed caption inserted ellipses into her dialogue.

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't Kelly is rehearsing based on what the Coby (Shiloh) said in an interview.  

She literally only rehearsed with Billy Miller.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That could definitely explain the giant pauses. Even closed caption inserted ellipses into her dialogue.

COBY:  Kelly is rad.  We talk about being able to “play jazz” all of the time, which means being able to go into a scene and just riff and have a good time, because there is so much dialog that you have to learn. 

Yea...riffing ain't working here.  

7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She literally only rehearsed with Billy Miller.

I honestly don't think they did as much as you would suspect. They both said a ton of shit that now rings false. 

Billy doesn't do it very much from what I gather.  He goes into a scene not very rehearsed at all.  That's why he ad libs a ton.  I think there is an interview with Garren Stitt where he discusses how Billy approaches a scene, it's very off the cuff.

I also think this is where the rumors sprang from with Becky/Billy 2015...they had very different working styles.

Becky is extremely rehearsed, he is not.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

COBY:  Kelly is rad.  We talk about being able to “play jazz” all of the time, which means being able to go into a scene and just riff and have a good time, because there is so much dialog that you have to learn. 

LMAOOOOO. She’s convinced another dude to just “look pretty and read ur lines.”

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Hater said:

He read a book that's how he knows.

Y'all are giving him too much credit. He read an article.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Sonny's face when Alexis and Diane traded clothes and hair. Like he couldn't believe they'd thought of that. It's not like the idea is so outrageous. And of course he has no faith it would work. What a condescending tool.

He was probably remembering when Carly and Angel Ellis did the same thing about 18 years including bad wigs for both them in order to fool the cops.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Hater said:

Nope. She looks miserable onscreen 85% of the time. I don't understand how FV allows it. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Can they call Valerie "Detective Valerie Spencer" instead of "Detective Spencer"? It makes me think Lucky is about to pop around the corner. :tear:

THIS. I thought "Wait, where is Lucky?? Also,it's weird to hear Sonny say 'Detective Spencer' when he's known Lucky since childhood."

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, makelemons said:

Nope. She looks miserable onscreen 85% of the time. I don't understand how FV allows it. 

He shouldn't have to forbid it. She's an adult who gets paid to do a job. I make fun of LWB/FS but he and LW do their jobs when they get to work.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

He shouldn't have to forbid it. She's an adult who gets paid to do a job. 

Oh clearly.  But this has been going on now for how long? She's not doing her job. Fire her. Temp recast and send her on a vacation.  Something....

• Love 2

I was always a KEMO and Sam fan, but not anymore.  I've no idea what happened behind the scenes, and to be clear, I've no doubt Burton is a real prick, but I can't watch her scenes anymore.  Why are the writers and producers punishing the viewers for BTS drama?  And why do people insist on claiming Miller and Monaco aren't a couple IRL?  Unless these two are madly in love, how is this behavior even remotely explainable?  I mean, even so, it is terribly unprofessional, but if they're just friends?  Wow.   Either way Sam should be recast at this point.  Sorry Kemo, but unless Burton has a hands problem BTS, (in which case he should be the one to be axed) you need to pack your bags.  

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I was always a KEMO and Sam fan, but not anymore.  I've no idea what happened behind the scenes, and to be clear, I've no doubt Burton is a real prick, but I can't watch her scenes anymore.  Why are the writers and producers punishing the viewers for BTS drama?  And why do people insist on claiming Miller and Monaco aren't a couple IRL?  Unless these two are madly in love, how is this behavior even remotely explainable?  I mean, even so, it is terribly unprofessional, but if they're just friends?  Wow.   Either way Sam should be recast at this point.  Sorry Kemo, but unless Burton has a hands problem BTS, (in which case he should be the one to be axed) you need to pack your bags.  

They're not a couple.

I think they did attempt to punish the behavior by pulling the Drew/Sam pairing last year.  If KM is phoning it in like I believe she  is, I really do not know what she is trying to accomplish here since she knows she is never getting out of that pairing.

Like @ulkis said FV seems to have a problem with pulling people aside and giving them the business, but I do believe both Miller and Monaco were talked to about their behavior several times and were reprimanded. They're not going to fire her since FV never fires unless he has to like if it's a budget issue or if you're dealing with a personal issue (Tyler). 

This may simply be a case of high minimum counts where they have to fulfill her contractual obligations.  I don't know if they can cut an an actor's episodes but they really should do in her case.  

The character of Sam is done.  She needs a complete revamp and needs to be off screen.  But for KM?  She's not going to take a break, she probably knows she won't get work outside of this show.

Also Billy while he has looked quite bored and lazy has not been as bad as Kelly in terms of performance.  He was good this week and actually tried. I can't remember the last time she did.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

They're not a couple.

You know this for a fact?  How?  

I have long gotten the very strong impression that people who have always despised Kemo are very invested in these two not being a real life couple for some reason.  I do also see that Dream stans are very invested in the opposite.  For me, it is the only thing that really makes sense at this point. 

(edited)
52 minutes ago, CeChase said:

You know this for a fact?  How?  

I have long gotten the very strong impression that people who have always despised Kemo are very invested in these two not being a real life couple for some reason.  I do also see that Dream stans are very invested in the opposite.  For me, it is the only thing that really makes sense at this point. 

Yea they're not a couple.  There's been many pictures of him with another woman, who seems to be his girlfriend for awhile.

The JaSam fans attacked Kelly for that exact reason, calling her side chick obsessed with Miller when she was posting for months on social media with him when Burton returned.

I think Kelly dislikes her writing, her pairing, and does not feel comfortable with many of the people she's working with and it has festered into on screen and her inability to do her job. 

I mean I guess the real test is to put her in a scene with Billy and see if she actually acts, if not then maybe she has another issue. lol. I thought the last scenes they had together weren't all that great.

I have a hard time with Drew because I feel like he still feels like a stranger; I guess I just want Jason’s memories erased from his brain and for him to actually remember his past life. But that’s a personal preference.

I think everyone wants that including the actor but they decided it would be best to tell the story of Oscar and his cancer that came out of nowhere.  It would have been a very simple story to tell and if Billy had left oh well.  I don't agree with some who suggest he doesn't get this story because he never commits long term.  The story doesn't need to go on for 3 years..

FV is just incompetent along with CVE and SA.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6

I googled Billy Miller gf, and do not see any pics other than old ones with what's her name who plays the DA on GH now, and newer ones with Kemo.   I really have no freaking clue.  If youre right and they're not, then I'm flummoxed.  I would hope just for any woman's dignity its not true that she is in love with him and hes with someone else because that's gross.  Whatever, I just think she needs to go at this point, and I used to love her.  i even liked her a lot with Patrick.  Back in the day, McBam were hot IMO.   Dream were also very good. This is just a mess now.   She needs a long vacation or to get into something else. 

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I googled Billy Miller gf, and do not see any pics other than old ones with what's her name who plays the DA on GH now, and newer ones with Kemo.   I really have no freaking clue.  If youre right and they're not, then I'm flummoxed.  I would hope just for any woman's dignity its not true that she is in love with him and hes with someone else because that's gross.  Whatever, I just think she needs to go at this point, and I used to love her.  i even liked her a lot with Patrick.  Back in the day, McBam were hot IMO.   Dream were also very good. This is just a mess now.   She needs a long vacation or to get into something else. 

KM and BM probably hooked up a few times, this isn't about her being "in love" with him. lol.

Kelly is just choosing to behave this way.  I don't like Billy being blamed or the reason for her non acting when he doesn't even share scenes with her anymore.  She needs to get out of her own way and figure out the problem, not him.  He's not attached to this show like she is.  She has called this show "her family."  She's been there longer...she needs to ask herself why her acting has taken such a drastic downturn within the last 2 years.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

If FV wants someone gone he will usually freeze them out. Or he'll do a feint: Talk a good game, promise them a lot for the future, and then at renewal give them a very simple take it or leave it. That's how he tends to handle that stuff other than extreme cases. There's a lot of stories going way back. Rarely does he directly engage with aggression, as far as I know.

I doubt he reprimanded BM and KM for anything they posted on social media; fans may react to something they perceive as passive-aggressive or read into, but in the grand scheme it almost never registers for anyone beyond those circles. I doubt he or the network knew or cared about that, and I seriously doubt they cared about the actors' personal preferences. Much funkier BTS shit has gone on at both Frank's shows than anything those two said or did (Exhibit #1: The collected works of Bryan Craig). Then there was the time Trevor St. John (Todd #2/Victor Jr. at OLTL) told a fan event "I love rape!" As long as a star is packing in the eyeballs and has not had, say, a racist meltdown, gotten arrested (Nathaniel Marston) or had a serious drug and alcohol issue, I doubt Frank gives a solitary fuck. Kelly Monaco has a substantial fanbase still. That matters to him much more than whether she's giving it her all. That's all that matters to him - numbers, and his personal favorites.

And this is hardly the first time in her loooonnnggg run at GH that Kelly Monaco has clearly not given a shit onscreen. This is common behavior for her, going back over a decade off and on.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
(edited)

Is Monaco’s fan base that large anymore? She doesn’t even do fan events and refuses to promote the show. The show just registered a 1.4 in the latest ratings. Any time someone leaves it hasn’t really hurt the show.  

Also a fan claimed Monaco did mention being told to tone down social media content.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the pairing was pulled immediately after they did a fan event pimping their pairing out.

Edited by Hater

In 2019? For their numbers? For what this and every other remaining soap perceives to be its majority audience of old white women? Yes. The reason they won't discipline Kelly Monaco or ask her to shape up or ship out is the same reason they never have for Steve Burton. They're clinging by their fingernails to the few fanbases they have left and running out the clock. In soaps perception is their only (and own) reality.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

In 2019? For their numbers? For what this and every other remaining soap perceives to be its majority audience of old white women? Yes. The reason they won't discipline Kelly Monaco or ask her to shape up or ship out is the same reason they never have for Steve Burton. They're clinging by their fingernails to the few fanbases they have left and running out the clock. In soaps perception is their only (and own) reality.

What numbers? The show keeps declining numbers. They got rid of burton and the numbers stayed the same. Actually they improved. His return has done nothing. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

What numbers? The show keeps declining numbers. They got rid of burton and the numbers stayed the same. Actually they improved. His return has done nothing. 

Burton gave them a huge bump right after his return. But when the story switched to Not be about Jason and what happened to him... And if he was happy that the son he thought was dead But wasn't..... and then turneD into that non triangle faison parking lot Peter garbage people tuned out again. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

That's not SB's fault. It's the total ridiculousness of the plots.  And the fact that soap operas aren't generating new audience because 1. there are less stay-at-home moms, 2. there are more entertainment choices for those that are home during the day, 3, the commercial:scene ratio has increased.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That's not SB's fault. It's the total ridiculousness of the plots.  And the fact that soap operas aren't generating new audience because 1. there are less stay-at-home moms, 2. there are more entertainment choices for those that are home during the day, 3, the commercial:scene ratio has increased.

I'm just saying whether one of these actors stays or goes, it doesn't really mean shit.

Burton left and nothing substantial happened, he returned and same thing.  Kelly Monaco can go tomorrow and the show would still get 1.5 ratings.  How much lower can they get?

12 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Burton gave them a huge bump right after his return. But when the story switched to Not be about Jason and what happened to him... And if he was happy that the son he thought was dead But wasn't..... and then turneD into that non triangle faison parking lot Peter garbage people tuned out again. 

That bump always happens (see any time Kimberly has returned).  GH was never going to maintain it.   

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
(edited)

"Much funkier BTS shit has gone on at both Frank's shows than anything those two said or did (Exhibit #1: The collected works of Bryan Craig). Then there was the time Trevor St. John (Todd #2/Victor Jr. at OLTL) told a fan event "I love rape!"

I have to admit, you got me here.  LOL  True, true.  Well, I just wish Kemo would start showing signs of life, or leave.  I will just leave it there since I really have no idea what the hell is going on back stage.  Other than I strongly personally dislike Burton and give him no benefit of any doubts.  (and speaking of people I wish would leave...)

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Hater said:

Burton left and nothing substantial happened, he returned and same thing.  Kelly Monaco can go tomorrow and the show would still get 1.5 ratings.  How much lower can they get?

The point is that they can. Even a minuscule bump is still a bump in this climate for soaps. I can't stand Steve, I didn't want him back (but always knew he would be back) and think his return has done very little for the show's numbers, but it did do something. In an environment where the remaining soaps are all picking over scraps and have neither the budget nor inclination to overhaul, even the most marginal fanbases and ratings are now treasured as though it was still 1999 or even 2009. That's the reality of daytime today, whether we're talking about Steve or Kelly Monaco or Sonny and Carly. Longstanding patterns breed familiarity which is considered relative safety. And they don't have the time, money or energy for anything else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Kelly is just choosing to behave this way.

In Friday's episode, Sam pronounced that she could not come up with anything 'bad' that Jason had ever done.  Jason is a mob enforcer.  His livelihood consists of threatening and beating (or worse) a vulnerable section of society.  There is no worse filth on this planet than 'regular' members of society who have the mental/intellectual capacity to understand that this scourge commits violent crimes and do so anyways.  The only time in recent memory that she was afforded the opportunity to leave the mob lifestyle, she was deemed to have a brain disease.  I can't blame the actress for not enjoying her character but I am past tired of watching someone on the screen who is acting as if she does not want to be there - organically or not.  SBu's return has been a negative influence on KM's performance and her current lackadaisical output.  To this viewer, she has always hovered dangerously to this attitude and she has crossed that fine line and is toast.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

The point is that they can. Even a minuscule bump is still a bump in this climate for soaps. I can't stand Steve, I didn't want him back (but always knew he would be back) and think his return has done very little for the show's numbers, but it did do something. In an environment where the remaining soaps are all picking over scraps and have neither the budget nor inclination to overhaul, even the most marginal fanbases and ratings are now treasured as though it was still 1999 or even 2009. That's the reality of daytime today, whether we're talking about Steve or Kelly Monaco or Sonny and Carly. Longstanding patterns breed familiarity which is considered relative safety. And they don't have the time, money or energy for anything else.

The JaSam fanbase is not even what it once was because it has cut off in half.  Carson is a pairing that hasn't kissed in 6 months, yet have a baby.  

These ratings are absolutely horrible.  Not one of these fanbases are doing anything.  I would bet Oscar's death story this week gets better ratings than anything Dawn of Day in which Monaco, Burton, and Benard are heavy players.

I still maintain if Monaco leaves tomorrow, nothing would really change.  The show would still get 1.5 ratings.  Maybe people would tune in to see her she's written off.  That's about it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

I agree KM has gone from soporific to downright tranquilized, but how much of that is just her personality. I watched her on two seasons of Dancing With The Stars and whereas most of the contestants are beaming or bitching or going crazy, she was pretty subdued and whispery. I also saw her on the talk show Wendy Williams a couple years ago and she had a pretty flat affect. So much so, that when Jeff Lewis (of Flipping Out) came on after her, he actually said OUT LOUD to Wendy "Oh my god that is the most boring person I have ever seen." He went on for a couple minutes about how boring she was! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I agree KM has gone from soporific to downright tranquilized, but how much of that is just her personality. I watched her on two seasons of Dancing With The Stars and whereas most of the contestants are beaming or bitching or going crazy, she was pretty subdued and whispery. I also saw her on the talk show Wendy Williams a couple years ago and she had a pretty flat affect. So much so, that when Jeff Lewis (of Flipping Out) came on after her, he actually said OUT LOUD to Wendy "Oh my god that is the most boring person I have ever seen." He went on for a couple minutes about how boring she was! 

All I know is she talks normal in person and doesn't whisper, so I don't buy that she can't talk at a normal volume.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I don't get what this Burton debate is about. Whether it was a smart idea to bring him back?

It's about whether any of this people leaving or going actually does anything for the ratings. I say overall: no.

• Love 2
(edited)
48 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

In Friday's episode, Sam pronounced that she could not come up with anything 'bad' that Jason had ever done.  Jason is a mob enforcer.  His livelihood consists of threatening and beating (or worse) a vulnerable section of society.  There is no worse filth on this planet than 'regular' members of society who have the mental/intellectual capacity to understand that this scourge commits violent crimes and do so anyways.  The only time in recent memory that she was afforded the opportunity to leave the mob lifestyle, she was deemed to have a brain disease.  I can't blame the actress for not enjoying her character but I am past tired of watching someone on the screen who is acting as if she does not want to be there - organically or not.  SBu's return has been a negative influence on KM's performance and her current lackadaisical output.  To this viewer, she has always hovered dangerously to this attitude and she has crossed that fine line and is toast.

I use to be a fan but have been really turned off by her behavior and especially on screen.  If you are going to be on screen as much as she is,  ACT! It's unbelievable how much screen time she gets to suck. Plus money.  She needs the Billy Miller episode count 6 times per month if that's how she's going to roll.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

I use to be a fan but have been really turned off by her behavior and especially on screen.  If you are going to be on screen as much as she is,  ACT! It's unbelievable how much screen time she gets to suck. Plus money.  She needs the Billy Miller episode count 6 times per month if that's how she's going to roll.

I'm kind of sad to hear this.  I mentioned before that I only watch about once a month, (then read this board to keep on top of things), and it's just worked out that she hasn't been working the times I've watched.  I used to really like Sam, while recognizing that she wasn't the most moral person in the world.  I have huge differences in the standards I used to judge fictional characters. For instance, I've always really liked Jason, but in real life, I'd be figuring out how to get evidence to turn him in because murder and mobbery (it's a word if I say so) are bad.  

Oddly, though, I've never particularly liked Sonny.  I liked Carly while Sarah Brown was playing her and to a slightly lesser extent Tamara Braun, but do not like Laura Wright's Carly at all.

Some time I'm going to have to see if I can psychoanalyze myself to figure out why I do and don't like certain characters.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

These ratings are absolutely horrible.  Not one of these fanbases are doing anything.  I would bet Oscar's death story this week gets better ratings than anything Dawn of Day in which Monaco, Burton, and Benard are heavy players.

Doesn't matter. In the eyes of TPTB these folks are all the fanbase cache they have left. Again, the perception is their reality.

• Love 2

I must be a cold-hearted wench of the worst kind, because watching Oscar die left me cold. Meaning I felt nothing. I 🙄🙄at the very slim “Lila” and then Edward with his cap.

And I found it so...I don’t know what the word is, but how everyone was in their own little group/cluster as they grieved while Oscar’s body was wheeled away. Instead of standing as one big group together. And I was fooled into thinking in the preview that Joss was calling Jax-that she needed him. Stoopid me.

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I must be a cold-hearted wench of the worst kind, because watching Oscar die left me cold. Meaning I felt nothing. I 🙄🙄at the very slim “Lila” and then Edward with his cap.

And I found it so...I don’t know what the word is, but how everyone was in their own little group/cluster as they grieved while Oscar’s body was wheeled away. Instead of standing as one big group together. And I was fooled into thinking in the preview that Joss was calling Jax-that she needed him. Stoopid me.

I wasn't particularly moved but I did feel for Oscar's parents in some of the scenes.  I thought the episodes were also better than the usual.

I thought all the actors, minus Burton who really should not have been there did a good job even if the story was horrible from the start.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I am beyond annoyed that we're still stuck in Peter/Maxie limbo. Dude's had all the edge of a butter knife for the past year, yet he's suddenly worried he's got too much darkness in him for Maxie? Mr. "Let me sleep outside your apartment to protect you" and "let's eat cake and watch The Brady Bunch" thinks he's not capable of a loving relationship, get the fuck out of here. They're just inventing roadblocks for no damn reason except they can.

Lucy morphing into Diet Carly, complete with public altercations with Ava and a total lack of respect for her friend's boundaries, makes me want to breathe fire. All her history with Kevin should mean she can trust him even if she doesn't understand him. I just can't be entertained by these middle school shenanigans.

I've found almost every minute of the DoD stuff to be equal parts dull and dumb, but I'm sure somebody in today's circle will be rewarded for this dreck at next year's Daytime Emmys, so. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I've found almost every minute of the DoD stuff to be equal parts dull and dumb, but I'm sure somebody in today's circle will be rewarded for this dreck at next year's Daytime Emmys, so. 

Maybe it's because I've actually watched very little of it, but I found Willow's story heartbreaking.  It really touched me.  And Kristina seemed to be at least a little conflicted.

I also thought it was nice/weird that Sonny was the only one to look down when Willow showed her tattoo.

• Love 1