Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, paisley said:

Did Alexis do the schoolgirl act when she hooked up with Finn? NLG was doing the same thing when Julia hooked up with Mason, it's getting old.

I didn’t think so but Alexis and Finn were more friends who decided to hook up because they were single and couldn’t be with the people they really wanted. I’m guessing NLG intentionally does that neurotic, rambling thing to show that she’s into the guy, which I agree can get annoying. I didn’t see her act that way around Ned but Alexis has acted that way around pretty much every other guy that she was supposed to be seriously into

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam's explanation that she shot Shiloh not just to save Jason, but to avenge all the women Shiloh harmed would have been SO much more impactful if she didn't conduct herself with all the energy of a deflated balloon.

She left Cam out of her little list. Pretty heartless, Sam.

7 hours ago, seasons said:

Really? Let's identify the body in the middle of the hallway?!? Why not just do the autopsy there too, FFS.

That was so freaking awkward. Cheers to Willow though for stepping up and taking one for the team. Loved Chase whispering to her "thank you".

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Let's put it this way, he woudn't care what random people on the internet said about him (I'm not thinking of Ava here).

I wish Ava didn't care what random people on the internet said about her. The old Ava sure as hell wouldn't. That was the only part I didn't like about her scenes today. I still love her and Julian together, and it was sweet that she suggested Alexis go talk to him. And god, while so many other women have horrible hair right now (Nina and Maxie, looking at you), Ava's looks damn fabulous. I thought her entire outfit today was great.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is Ava insane? How could Nikolas have seen all of her when they interacted for a total of about three weeks? (Which means even less within show time.)

Retcon and also setting up for Nik to come back. Although I did appreciate her touching on her former relationships and that she has been in pain for a while, not just Kiki. She's just always been very insecure on the inside.

God, two weeks away has done nothing to diminish how much I dislike Nina. It was nice to tune in and not have to see Carson or Franco/Drew mess being shoved down my throat though.

CD's attempt to grow a beard is laughable.

Hayden and Curtis still have a cute little vibe. I wish they would do something more with her. Her entire story has been shelved for weeks, and I bet she hasn't been shown a total of a few hours since Rebecca Budig came back. Frank sucks.

• Love 3

It bothered me that Alexis was very pointed in front of Neil that Julian isn't her concern any more, and then headed over to Charley's to see him.  I get it that she wants Neil to know that she's over Julian but that doesn't mean she can't be his friend when he's in trouble.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Both Spencer and Laura were all over her about it after, that she chose vanity over the truth.  

I don't blame Ava for choosing herself over Spencer. It's not like anyone on the show other than maybe Julian and sociopath Ryan would put Ava ahead of anyone else.

I'm glad that Laura shut down Hayden's client being Spencer (I bet it's Nik), and then phoned Spencer to check. He's a minor and should not be making future deals with anyone about his inheritance without his guardian knowing.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So I binge-watched Mon-Wed last night. That's three hours I'll never get back and at this point I'm about ready to delete the show from my TiVo. There literally isn't a single story that holds my interest. 😞

Those were some real bad episodes made even worse by Spinelli.   LW is so past her expiration date from overuse and the kid playing Joss just ain't all that.  Yesterday's episode really highlighted how bad SBu and KM are for this viewer as every other scene was not nearly as cringe-worthy. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
18 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam's explanation that she shot Shiloh not just to save Jason, but to avenge all the women Shiloh harmed would have been SO much more impactful if she didn't conduct herself with all the energy of a deflated balloon.

She left Cam out of her little list. Pretty heartless, Sam.

She tends to forget children a lot.  Just ask Danny and Scout.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

The nurse that bandaged up Sam yesterday, wasn't she the same nurse who overheard Drew and Margaux talking about the location of the flash drive? I wonder if they've dropped that, along with Kendra the personal trainer with the mysterious grudge against Alexis. 

CRM's scream and fall was hilarious. I want a gif of that.

• Love 1

I thought it was funny how the nurse left to get bandages or whatever and just left Sam with her arm bleeding and uncovered.

I'm sorry to be so shallow but what is going on with Cynthia Watros' face?  It looks....very puffy.  Swollen.  Too many fillers?  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought it was funny how the nurse left to get bandages or whatever and just left Sam with her arm bleeding and uncovered.

I'm sorry to be so shallow but what is going on with Cynthia Watros' face?  It looks....very puffy.  Swollen.  Too many fillers?  

I think it's the eyebags. 

Enough with the Oscar mourning stuff!  I get it that Joss will never forget him, nor Kim. But frankly I am so over Oscar, I wouldn't care if I never hear his name again.

"Josslyn, have you discussed your feelings with anyone?"  Yes. Everyone. Endlessly

I was hoping that Dustin would bring up how Walden wasn't really on his own when he wrote Walden Pond. I could write more if I had someone provide my meals too.

Why isn't someone giving Carly an epidural so I don't have to listen to her screaming?

The endless  "You're so wonderful and X is lucky to have you" between Sonny, Jason, Carly and Sam is nauseating.  So is Diane when she's lying for one of the mobsters.

Poor LLC. I see they've got Olivia back in bitch mode again.

3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Menopause?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, TeeVee329 said:

That remains me of our beloved Sierra Rose on OLTL.  There were all these heavy scenes of Mitch or Allison threatening someone or saying something super dramatic during her kidnapping and then it'd pan to her and she'd be gnawing on toy keys or looking adorably annoyed that her nap had interrupted.  Oh Sierra Mist.

Speaking of gay parents, I was reminded again that the lack of time and energy that the Lucas/Brad relationship gets is really sapping this baby swap of its full soap potential.  It comes off kinda sterile.  I mean, their baby is missing and they don't share a hug and barely touch?  I just don't think the scenes of Lucas eventually unloading on and dumping Brad for the swap will have any weight because their relationship doesn't.  

Give it ten rests.  Shut.  Up.  Carly.

This is especially true when compared to how Willow was being comforted by Chase.  The only difference is Chase isn't personally invested in Wiley so he was more able to keep his head together.  It's not uncommon for parents to be unable to seek comfort in each other during a child's sickness or death, but still.  I'm just going with Brad feeling so guilty for bringing Shiloh into Wiley's life that he's incapable of functioning as a supportive husband.  But then I've never liked Brad and think Lucas deserves better.  Much better.  And it pains me to say that as Asians are so underrepresented on TV.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah, where did she go?  Walgreens?  I would think that a treatment room would have stuff to treat with. 

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

The nurse that bandaged up Sam yesterday, wasn't she the same nurse who overheard Drew and Margaux talking about the location of the flash drive? I wonder if they've dropped that,

I thought so too, and today it was confirmed that she was snippy toward Sam about the bandaging, and today again, because she eavesdropped on Sam and Jason when Sam was telling Jason why she wanted to kill/shoot Shiloh. I liked her for turning down Sam's request about Franco, and for going to Jordan to tell what she overheard. I guess we can just assume the nurse was a general Dawn of Day cult member who is mad that Sam killed Shiloh?

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm just going with Brad feeling so guilty for bringing Shiloh into Wiley's life that he's incapable of functioning as a supportive husband.  But then I've never liked Brad and think Lucas deserves better.  Much better.  And it pains me to say that as Asians are so underrepresented on TV.

I would assume he feels guilty because he knows his lies are the reason Shiloh wanted Wiley at all, that he overshared personal information about their lives with Shiloh (a guy he barely knew and had no reason to trust), that he knows he is lying to Lucas every day and has totally betrayed the marriage vows, etc.  I too have never liked Brad and think Lucas made a huge mistake marrying scum. On the other hand, the actor playing Brad deserves credit for convincing me that Brad is essentially a scummy, spineless character.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I must confess to being shallow too.  Every time Cynthia is on the screen I can't help comparing her Nina to Michelle Stafford's Nina.  I don't know how old either of them are, but  Nina appeared about 10 yrs. younger.  That's why I'm having such a hard time warming to Cynthia in the role--besides the fact that Cynthia plays a more subdued Nina as well.   I cannot believe I prefer Michelle in the role because I really have never liked her over-acting.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

The nurse that bandaged up Sam yesterday, wasn't she the same nurse who overheard Drew and Margaux talking about the location of the flash drive?

I was hoping she was going to come back and stab Sam with a needle full of someone else's memories/personality

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Spare me the grief spiel Carly.  Are you concerned about getting enough to eat each day or a roof over your head or being able to pay your medical bills?  Your husband and his hitman go out (in their chosen profession) seek to create that type of grief each and every day for those less fortunate.  There's a special layer of hell reserved for them. 

And Jordan - you might not want to interview two suspects at the same time.

Edited by sunnyface
Carly
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why isn't someone giving Carly an epidural so I don't have to listen to her screaming?

This!  She's having a C section why havent' they started the epidural.  I also thought it was funny that we went from Jason and Carly heading to the hospital.  Commercial.  Back from commercial, she's been admitted, gowned, IV'd, fetal monitored.  That's the fastest admission ever.  

What the eff was Diane/sonny's explanation for why Dev was on the Star?  He was checking out Lulu's construction?  He's 16.  And should have been in school.  Wouldn't it have just been simpler to say he had a fight with Sonny and went to sulk on the Star.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sas616 said:

I must confess to being shallow too.  Every time Cynthia is on the screen I can't help comparing her Nina to Michelle Stafford's Nina.  I don't know how old either of them are, but  Nina appeared about 10 yrs. younger.  That's why I'm having such a hard time warming to Cynthia in the role--besides the fact that Cynthia plays a more subdued Nina as well.   I cannot believe I prefer Michelle in the role because I really have never liked her over-acting.

They both just had birthdays in September. Michelle is 54, Cynthia is 51. I can't stand how little girly this Nina is around Valentin. And also her motherly role with Sasha. The only time she's got any kind of pep is when she's around Ava, and of course that's when I really hate her. Finally, she has no sense of fashion compared to Michelle's Nina.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

Legit over every other word or action in the world reminding Joss of Oscar and causing emotional breakdown #2854. 

Other things I'm over:

- Diane.  This character exists as nothing more than to be a Sonny/Jason apologist.  The whole "what are we even doing here?"/Johnny Cochran schtick was old five years ago.

- Sam.  Hey, remember you have kids, idiot--one of whom you birthed thru your jeans?  Why not go see them instead of now lecturing Elizabeth on how to handle Franco.  And OF COURSE you didn't push Jason to do anything--you never do.  That's part of the deal, right? 

• Love 11

Really writers?

Today, Carly told Jason that he was always there when she gives birth to one of her kid.

With Michael, he found her unconscious and rushed her to GH where they had to perform emergency surgery to save her and the baby.

With Morgan, he was nowhere around when Carly went into labor and Sonny shot Alcazar whom he mistakenly thought was hurting her, thereby injuring her while Sonny delivered Morgan.

With Joss, Carly was kidnapped by Claudia who delivered the baby and was going to run off with her before Michael showed up and hit her around the head with an axe handle thereby killing her.

• Love 5

Why is Laura Wright so orange?  She's starting to look like that woman who is addicted to tanning. 

Is Carly's baby going to be orange, too?

Poor Olivia for not getting exactly what she wanted, after she was the one who dragged her feet on the purchase of Charlie's.

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Poor Olivia for not getting exactly what she wanted, after she was the one who dragged her feet on the purchase of Charlie's.

I still don't understand why she wanted it.  Doesn't she own half the MetroCourt?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I still don't understand why she wanted it.  Doesn't she own half the MetroCourt?

Because she gets to have her stupid pizza oven that she can't have on the Quartermaine property.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really can't believe this Carly/Sonny kid is actually being born.  And in a hospital no less!

Yes, but the baby already has issues which he/she will be born with.  No point going overboard by having the birth on the side of the street or in the woods.  

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why not go see them instead of now lecturing Elizabeth on how to handle Franco.  A

These surprised me actually.  I thought she was going to tell Sam not to change Franco back into Franco, because no one wants Franco other than Liz.  But instead it was about letting Franco make his own decisions, like she did with Jason.  Which is dumb because Jason didn't believe he was someone else.  

• Love 3

I thought she was going to tell Liz she'd overheard the conversation Diane had with Kim, to let her know that Kim was looking into filing a lawsuit, and that was why putting Dranco in Shadybrook might not be a good move. But that would make sense, so no mention of that at all. (It's a day later and it still irritates me that the ball was dropped there.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, but the baby already has issues which he/she will be born with.  No point going overboard by having the birth on the side of the street or in the woods.  

Is it for sure the baby will be born with special needs or is it just a possibility?

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is it for sure the baby will be born with special needs or is it just a possibility?

Unless they decide to retcon it, which is entirely possible, the baby definetely has Spina Bifida.  Dr Navaro had said they would check at the 7 month ultrasound which version of it, so they would know the birth plan.  At that appt they had said it was whatever version which would mean a C Section for Carly and immediate surgery for the baby.  Last week Carly had her 8 month ultrasound (the day that Pif told Sonny all babies are gifts from Heaven). After the appt  Carly told Sonny that there was no change.  

1 hour ago, rur said:

I thought she was going to tell Liz she'd overheard the conversation Diane had with Kim, to let her know that Kim was looking into filing a lawsuit,

Which,, btw, nice lawyer/client privilege you broke there, Diane.  I guess the only clients that are entitled to that from you are your mobby ones.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

What the eff was Diane/sonny's explanation for why Dev was on the Star?  He was checking out Lulu's construction?  He's 16.  And should have been in school.  Wouldn't it have just been simpler to say he had a fight with Sonny and went to sulk on the Star.  

Or why not say he was planning to run away? It's so stupid that when the truth is actually the best option, those idiots never take it, so of course things are only made worse. It's as if they can't ever tell law enforcement the truth no matter what. Dopes.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

So she can finally install her much desired pizza oven. And have a property that is all hers. Sharing anything with Carly is exhausting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A question for those who know about the law: are lawyers allowed to lie to law enforcement about their clients?

I thought that lawyers made a point of not knowing if their clients are innocent or guilty so they didn't have to lie to the court but Diane was lying all over the place there, as well as constantly interrupting Jordan.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Or why not say he was planning to run away

I was thinking that too.  But then I figured they didn't want Jordan to question why Dev would want to run away from his wonderful "cousin" Sonny.  

37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

.when's the last time we saw Carly at work?

Not since LW broke her foot, I don't think.  We only ever see her sitting down now, and it's either on the couch or at the island in the kitchen.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Or why not say he was planning to run away?

If he wants to adopt him that wouldn't look good. Speaking of which, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but the does the foster care system really look kindly on alleged mobsters fostering and/or adopting children?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

If he wants to adopt him that wouldn't look good. Speaking of which, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but the does the foster care system really look kindly on alleged mobsters fostering and/or adopting children?

One would think so but I doubt it makes a difference considering it didn’t have a big impact on his custody battles with Carly and Alexis. I think we’re supposed to treat it as a non-issue but in reality, I’m pretty sure all of the things that have happened to his kids over the years would make him a poor candidate. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

...when's the last time we saw Carly at work?

Last time, she was at the Metrocourt was she and Sonny went there after her latest ultrasound. She is also 8 months pregnant with all her issues of having an easy pregnancy. So Carly has to cut back at work whether she wants to or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, Hater said:

They are billed as an adventure couple and every single adventure is a snooze fest.

Where have you gone Luke and Laura? Or Frisco and Felicia? or Robert and Anna?  True action-adventure couples. Sad thing is, a few of them are still on the show, back-burnered and sacrificed at the altar of JaSam.

• Love 3

Both Sam and Olivia got on my nerves on Friday. They both needed to swallow a huge cup of "mind your own business." 

First, Sam is not Elizabeth's friend. She doesn't like or care about Elizabeth, Franco, or their family. Why did she think Liz wanted her advice? Sam had no business offering her unsolicited opinion about anything Liz is doing. What business is it of hers anyway? Why does she even care? Neither Dranco or Franco are concerned w/Sam, so why is she concerned with "them?!?" That scene was strange and out of place, AFAIC. I honestly have no idea why Sam was up in Liz's face, telling her what she thinks Liz she do. She made it quite clear that she didn't care that Franco lost his memories, and that she hoped he would never get them back. Sam made it clear she didn't care about Liz, Scott, Liz's boys, or anyone in Franco's life when she made her hurtful, unnecessary comments. Why she sought out Liz is beyond me! Plus, she's a hypocrite b/c if Jason had undergone this procedure, she would be doing everything within her power to bring him back to her. When she thought "Jake" was Jason, she immediately went to him and tried to get him to remember her and their love, so she can shut up and mind her own business. Doesn't she have some kids she should be looking after or something??!?! 

That brings me to Olivia - I know Olivia loves her son, but Dante ditched Lulu some time ago. She has been w/o him for a long time. Dante is the one who wanted the divorce. Dante is the one who gave up on the marriage and their family. I know he was going through his issues, but he didn't want to work them out together. They are divorced now at Dante's urging. What is Lulu supposed to do? Never be w/anyone again?!? And how dare Olivia imply that she will sue Lulu for custody if she doesn't like Lulu's life choices?!?!?! As a family lawyer, I love the way soaps act like just anybody can sue someone else for custody. Olivia needs to go somewhere, sit down, and shut up! She was beyond annoying on Friday. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Katy M said:

Speaking of which, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but the does the foster care system really look kindly on alleged mobsters fostering and/or adopting children?

How would the foster care system know of Dev's existence? He got into the country illegally and since then, all of his papers have been forgeries and lies from his "grandmother ".

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Diane told Sonny yesterday that an adoption would be problematic, but made it seem that was solely because it was raise too many questions about Dev's background, not Sonny's.  So ridiculous.

Triple eyeroll.

What is the point of Sonny adopting Dev anyway?  He's old enough to be an emancipated minor.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How would the foster care system know of Dev's existence? He got into the country illegally and since then, all of his papers have been forgeries and lies from his "grandmother ".

If Sonny files paperwork to adopt him, then they would get involved.

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

If Sonny files paperwork to adopt him, then they would get involved.

Is this a New York regulation? Where I live the judge might possibly order an evaluation (although if Dev and his 'grandmother' were on board I don't see why) but it would not be done through Children's Aid but by an independent assessor.

15 hours ago, lala2 said:

I honestly have no idea why Sam was up in Liz's face, telling her what she thinks Liz she do. She made it quite clear that she didn't care that Franco lost his memories, and that she hoped he would never get them back. Sam made it clear she didn't care about Liz, Scott, Liz's boys, or anyone in Franco's life when she made her hurtful, unnecessary comments.

Doesn't she have some kids she should be looking after or something??!?! 

THIS. That scene was really random. Instead of going to spend time with her own children because she's had a reminder of the fragility of life after she and Jason just "saved each other," she goes to the hospital to get in Elizabeth's business about Franco after very recently telling Elizabeth to accept that Franco is gone and move on - which is an interesting comment given that one of Liz's boys is Jason's son and she and Jason know young Jake is attached to Franco.  Sam acknowledged Jake's existence in a conversation with Shiloh, so I know she hasn't totes forgotten about him (even though the last time she saw the boy on-screen was Halloween 2018.)

Sam and Elizabeth have never been friends; they don't even like each other. Has Sam been taking lessons from the BFFs of her "great love" in how to insert herself into situations that are none of her business?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, lala2 said:

And how dare Olivia imply that she will sue Lulu for custody if she doesn't like Lulu's life choices?!?!?!

Oh, that infuriated me. This coming from the woman who willingly slept with Julian and then got all offended he was—gasp!—a mobster. Shut up, Olivia.

Ugh.

• Love 9
On 9/28/2019 at 2:00 PM, Katy M said:

How about confessed murderers?  Saving the governor's stupid daughter may have gotten Sonny out of jail, but he still pled guilty to AJ's murder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/27/2019 at 10:06 PM, ciarra said:

Why is Laura Wright so orange?  She's starting to look like that woman who is addicted to tanning. 

Is Carly's baby going to be orange, too?

I assumed LW fell asleep in the spray tan booth. You could actually see the difference in color along the edge of her face, at the hairline.  Not a good look.

As for the baby... Now you’ve got me picturing an Oompa Loompa in a onesie.

• LOL 5

So is this a false alarm, or is Bifida Corinthos really going to be born in a non-sweeps month? 

Wasn't there an FV quote a few years ago (when Drew was still "Jason") that any time you put Becky Herbst and Kelly Monaco in a scene together, it's going to be "dynamite," and there will be a passionate response? I think they just like to make one or the other character look like a meddler or a bitch to keep the fan bases talking.  

I'm a few days late, but...oh, Bobbie. No more involving her in front-burner stories, please. I'm sensitive to the difficult decisions female actors in TV and movies have to make as they grow older, but it was hard to witness the contrast between her distressed line readings and the near-complete facial immobility.  

On 9/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, statsgirl said:

Enough with the Oscar mourning stuff!  I get it that Joss will never forget him, nor Kim. But frankly I am so over Oscar, I wouldn't care if I never hear his name again.

"Josslyn, have you discussed your feelings with anyone?"  Yes. Everyone. Endlessly.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, ciarra said:

Is Oscar still dead and is Joss still sad about it?

It's this close to completing the trajectory from boring to annoying to funny. The character was such a dud, but there have been more scenes of grief over him than there have been for beloved legacy characters. We're hearing his name as much as we did when he was what passed for alive. (Because let's face it, the energy level was so low that they should have made him Sam's long-lost kid. ) Now when Joss mewls something about Oscar having died, I catch myself saying out loud, "Five months ago!" I hope I wouldn't be this impatient with it if these were real people, but... 

I still like the Cynthia Watros version of Nina better than the Michelle Stafford version. She's very different, but she seems like a real person. I kind of care now what happens to her.

Actor of the Week was definitely Maura West in Ava's scenes with Neil.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

So is this a false alarm, or is Bifida Corinthos really going to be born in a non-sweeps month? 

Carly says she conceived on New Year's Eve, which means an Oct 7th baby, give or take, so yes, non sweeps baby.  

• Love 1