Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Lord Of The Manor

• Start Topic

Bunny wish scene:

The ladies decide to go to the beach for some fun in the sun.

Ramona goes in with 3 floaty noodles and a tall glass of Pinot Grigio.

Since I started working out I'm a betta swimmah now, yes, I'm really a good swimmah, I'm so zen now.

Then Ramona swims into a rip current, in a panic the pinot grigio slips from her hand...

This is all I need... ROFS

What is ROFS?

• Love 2

Wow, that's actually kinda decent.  Maybe viewers were expecting Scary Island 2.0 & tuned in.  Interesting that ratings for Secrets & Wives, which was shown right after, were really awful.  Didn't have any interest to watch, but it looks like a terrible show.  Anyhoo, maybe the previews/commercials of B screaming STFU drew viewers in.  Uh-oh, we gonna be getting that shit every ep now?  Yikers!  Me skeered.

Guess I should watch this ep again -- at least another 50 more times to catch every single mo, but I'm lost.  Explain -- anyone, please?

It is official Bethenny NOT crying makes the ratings soar.

• Love 7

Luanne's EVine event

Sonja: Someone just gave me the side-eye

Ramona: Cyanide, doesn't that kill you?

Ramona: What's this?

Server: Figs on...

Ramona: Pigs?

Too funny

Maybe Ramona is losing her hearing, as well as thoroughly losing her desire to be a kinder, gentler person this season. 

• Love 6

What is ROFS?

ROFL - Rolling on the floor laughing

For NY, ROFS is Rolling on the floor SOBBING (please note my capping this is not me yelling at anyone - it's how it comes out when Bethenny screams)

• Love 1

I thought what she was getting at was more of a brand focus thing. Like, don't make 5 different types of clothing - shapewear, jeans, leggings, activewear, etc. and spread your brand so thin, but instead go all in on activewear because the market is prime and your activewear is really on point, it's a strength of yours. She also mentioned that she had a pair of Heather's jeans in black and loved them. I think that's what she was trying to say and I actually think she's right, however, it made me laugh since there are about 5 kajillion different products out there right now with the Skinnygirl brand on them. Frankly, she should take her own advice. It's rarely a good idea to dilute a brand.

So true but when I've seen Heather present her line she mixes and layers her pieces together to form a complete look that is truly a "lifestyle" across her lines. Her stuff is tight.
  • Love 8

Maybe Ramona is losing her hearing, as well as thoroughly losing her desire to be a kinder, gentler person this season. 

Ramona starts off every season with this schpiel....and usually loses it by the fourth episode....LOL

• Love 5

Kristin is beautiful and I love her wardrobe and think she's the best dresser of the lot, but she also is a whiney, screechy, needy cow and i see why the rest of the women are annoyed by her much of the time.

Kristin is beautiful and I love her wardrobe and think she's the best dresser of the lot, but she also is a whiney, screechy, needy cow and i see why the rest of the women are annoyed by her much of the time.

• Love 2
(edited)

ROFS Crikey

Let's not forget the lick of frosting at Georgetown Cupcakes

She also had 3 edamame pods...when they landed in her stomach she looked like she was carrying triplets.

Luckily, she was able to lose that ounce before the T&C trip

Why is it wrong to say somebody is too fat but it's ok to rag on skinny people? I'll never understand that. We skinny people have our weight issues too. I've been trying to put on 20 pounds just so I can get up to my ideal weight.

People make fun of thin people all day but somebody says Ramona had a gut and that's wrong.

Makes no sense.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10

I like Kristen. She is a beautiful girl. I don't think she is cow. She has respect for herself. We don't see or hear of any of the kind of garbage that Sonja engages in, nor Brandi, nor does she bring up vulgar topics at dinner like Tam. I do enjoy her blog. I like that she has no need to strut around like a yellow bikinied rooster in front of the other women. Another Ho I miss this season is Heather, there has really not been any segments centered on her. But the Ramonja coaster is on vacay and even Bethenny will have to insinuate herself into their shenanigans to get the camera focused on her. The Ramonja coaster is certified TNT RH vacation camera gold and delivers every season.

(can we agree to disagree on perceptions of Carole and this chef man and Lu?)

• Love 11
(edited)

I didn't catch this until I re-watched the episode on the DVR

Andy Cohen is in a Snapple commercial - lots of NY references.

I dropped in just to mention that. Guess he's really hit the big time, endorsements now and what not. You go, girl.

Otherwise...during the "Previously on The Real Houswives" The Countess is saying something to the effect that she hopes the trip to T&C doesn't "go south".  C'mon, Your Highness, you know bloody damned well it's going to go to at least the Fifth Circle (Anger) of Dante's Hell, or no one would be watching.

Also, now I want lobster.  Damn you, Show.  Damn you to the Third Circle (Gluttony) of Hell.

That is all.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 4

Why is it wrong to say somebody is too fat but it's ok to rag on skinny people? I'll never understand that. We skinny people have our weight issues too. I've been trying to put on 20 pounds just so I can get up to my ideal weight.

People make fun of thin people all day but somebody says Ramona had a gut and that's wrong.

Makes no sense.

The original post question was what has Bethenny eaten on film.

Bethenny's brand is Skinny Girl...the lifestyle she promotes is low fat, substitute with foods/liquids with lower calories or no calories if you use her sweeteners.

• Love 5

So true but when I've seen Heather present her line she mixes and layers her pieces together to form a complete look that is truly a "lifestyle" across her lines. Her stuff is tight.

I don't doubt that, I was just saying I think that's what Bethenny was trying to say and that it's generally good advice. It's advice Bethenny should take herself. 

OMG, I totally forgot about that Snapple commercial. I actually like Andy and find him amusing and that was 30 seconds of pure torture. So awkward, down to the "we New Yorkers really like our Snapple, don't we?" Who wrote this shit?

• Love 4

Andy Cohen is in a Snapple commercial - lots of NY references.

I saw that commercial too.  I couldn't  believe any non-alcoholic beverage would hire Andy to be their spokesperson.    

• Love 2

I dropped in just to mention that. Guess he's really hit the big time, endorsements now and what not. You go, girl.

Otherwise...during the "Previously on The Real Houswives" The Countess is saying something to the effect that she hopes the trip to T&C doesn't "go south".  C'mon, Your Highness, you know bloody damned well it's going to go to at least the Fifth Circle (Anger) of Dante's Hell, or no one would be watching.

Also, now I want lobster.  Damn you, Show.  Damn you to the Third Circle (Gluttony) of Hell.

That is all.

I think it's big time too. He isn't an actor so he comes off in his usual campy fashion.

With a brand like Snapple - he's laughing all the way to the bank

• Love 1

KungFuBunny I'm so glad that someone besides me noticed Ramona's malapropisms at the start of the episode with cyanide and pigs!

Also from the beginning of the episode, I’m glad that Dorinda had no problem telling Ramona she was out of line with the way she was talking to Kristen.

I am *so* not getting into the Carole and Adam thing, but just wanted to point out that she sidled into the kitchen to talk to the Scottish chef. I see you Carole!

• Love 7

Wow. Remember when the Housewives shows focused on beautiful homes, beautiful clothes, fantastic trips, shopping trips, eating in wonderful restaurants, interacting with family members and just generally leading fabulous lives? Yeah, me too. Now these shows are just privileged women acting like screeching, spoiled hyenas. My mother would have slapped me into next Tuesday if I'd ever acted like any one of these women on any one of these shows. They've all gotten so dark and hateful-- where's the fun?

• Love 4

Anyone else catch the opening when Sonja's on the step and repeat?  She's posing and Dorinda says to Heather, 'She's gained weight in her fanny," and Heather replies, "Yeah, well, she's drinking like a fucking fish."  Ouch, Sexy J. 

• Love 11

I like Kristen. She is a beautiful girl. I don't think she is cow. She has respect for herself. We don't see or hear of any of the kind of garbage that Sonja engages in, nor Brandi, nor does she bring up vulgar topics at dinner like Tam. I do enjoy her blog. I like that she has no need to strut around like a yellow bikinied rooster in front of the other women. 

It'd be a shame if she is not asked to return next season. If she is not asked back, it'll be because she is not all of those things. While it speaks well of her character, it sucks for me as a viewer who wants a semblance of norm a show filled with .... interesting characters.

Did Ramona ever apologize to her? In their next interaction she was being sweet to Ramona when everyone was giving Ramona a hard time? She is too nice for these broads. 

• Love 9

Ramona, who couldn't be more of an ass, definitely has her some new, hard boobies. She has a great figure for her age, but dresses horribly. I hated I could see her big ole belly button through her bug dress.

Kristin looked amazing. Bethenny and Lu paddle boarding while Ramona swam with her noodle, was hilarious.

I love Carole and Heather's friendship.

• Love 9

KungFuBunny I'm so glad that someone besides me noticed Ramona's malapropisms at the start of the episode with cyanide and pigs!

Also from the beginning of the episode, I’m glad that Dorinda had no problem telling Ramona she was out of line with the way she was talking to Kristen.

I am *so* not getting into the Carole and Adam thing, but just wanted to point out that she sidled into the kitchen to talk to the Scottish chef. I see you Carole!

Hi MissyJo:

Ramona, as I affectionately call her my Twitchy Turtle - can be inappropriate on all levels - yet I find her vastly entertaining.

Yes Dorinda was right in telling Ramona she was out of line. Did you notice Ramona's first response I didn't swear at her....Ramona clue in...out of line does not have to include cussing.

I laughed watching Dorinda at the dinner table in T&C.

All she needed was a safari hat.

She is an archeologist and just discovered a new species on a tropical island.

She is observing their social interactions. So bizarre are these habits she will surely get an A on her thesis.

As for the Luanne/Carol/Heather tiff....I think something new happens in T&C. Involving Heather as an eye witness, and Carole having it documented on her camcord.

• Love 10

I was never a big fan of Kristen but I can't help liking her after seeing Bethenny and Ramona go after her like rabid chipmunks. She seems like a dim but basically nice person who is not afraid to admit she is wrong and actually apologize. She apologized to Sonja and congratulated her on her line. She did not grab her by the face and tell her to shut the fuck up. She did not run over to her to tell her that another housewife said she was stupid. She modeled Luann's line and was upset that the other rancid bitches had nothing good to say about her clothing line. The Evine people are professionals and move a lot of merchandise. Sonja should be so lucky that they would work with her. 

Her basic problem is that she is a follower and not strong enough or mean enough or crazy enough to leave a mark.

Basic decency doesn't work on the Housewives. Ask Joyce of Beverly Hills or DeShawn Snow of Atlanta. You need to be nasty to get ahead in Satan Andy's world.

• Love 24

Trooper York, I like Kristen too. Even though they treat her like a punching bag (including Ramona throwing the glass in her face last season), she still stands up for herself without lowering herself to their level.

• Love 13

The only problem I had with her was when she joined the pile on Aviva last season. It was not a good look. Now it is her turn in the barrel. She can look to her pals Heather and Carole and realize that they are weak straws in the wind. You reap what you sow. A little kindness last season might have worked out better for her.

Karma, Ramona and Bethenny are all nasty bitches. Just sayn'

• Love 3

As for the Luanne/Carol/Heather tiff....I think something new happens in T&C. Involving Heather as an eye witness, and Carole having it documented on her camcord.

After reading the background of LuAnn's "Girl Code" song, I get that she gets into it with Carol and was wondering if Heather was going to weigh in.  I'm guessing she does since she's friends with Carol.    I'm trying to imagine the seating arrangement at the Reunion.  

We should start placing our bets now on who sits where.   LOL

• Love 3

Ramona may just be my favorite housewife of all time.....for her love of pool noodles alone. Her turtle time dance at Scary Island and her pool noodles may just guarantee her a contract for life. She is bat shit crazy, but I think it's the real deal.

• Love 11
(edited)

She is beautiful but there's just something about her that irritates me even though she seems like a nice person.  I love her hair, the way she dresses.  But there's something about her facial expressions that take away from her beauty to me!

I took what Bethenny was saying to essentially be, "Your workout is so great, you should just do that and that alone". Not sure why she thought Heather would respond well to that unsolicited advice, however. 

I thought that was kind of strange since Skinny Girl is pretty much morphed into every food related and drink related item EVER.  I mean, she was bitching about not having Skinny Girl sweeteners at the hotel.  It seems rather odd that she's telling Heather she should stick to one type of clothing line when her line is branching into everything, even blenders for fux sake.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

I've got to "tip my hat" to Sonja's interns. The leopard bathing suit she was wearing is the same one from Scary Island. Kelly was doing her famous photo shoot of the ladies on the beach.

• Love 4

Wow. Remember when the Housewives shows focused on beautiful homes, beautiful clothes, fantastic trips, shopping trips, eating in wonderful restaurants, interacting with family members and just generally leading fabulous lives? Yeah, me too. Now these shows are just privileged women acting like screeching, spoiled hyenas. My mother would have slapped me into next Tuesday if I'd ever acted like any one of these women on any one of these shows. They've all gotten so dark and hateful-- where's the fun?

No, I remember screeching harpies from the very start. They had the real estate and the wardrobe and they went to fashion shows. It's pretty much the same. It was new then, that's all.

• Love 5
(edited)

After reading the background of LuAnn's "Girl Code" song, I get that she gets into it with Carol and was wondering if Heather was going to weigh in.  I'm guessing she does since she's friends with Carol.    I'm trying to imagine the seating arrangement at the Reunion.  

We should start placing our bets now on who sits where.   LOL

I think the fight starts with Heather finding/seeing nekkid stranger in their T&C house...Heather will probably say this affects the other ladies feeling of "safety" in that house...justifiably so. I think Carole catches some things on her camcord that maybe the Bravo cameras didn't. I would imagine Carole got the A-Okay greenlight from Bravo to do this as long as they can use the film - wonder if they will.

The song should be named Luanne's Reality TV Code.

She has the persona of The Countess...Classy, mannered, cultured,

In earlier seasons Ramona has blurted out that Luanne and the Count had an open marriage - and implied a swinger life style...but none of this was caught on film.

Luanne is single now...but she doesn't want her hookups to be filmed - it threatens the image she portrays on Bravo and all of the associated product she hocks.

The main venture that can be affected is her clothing line with EVine called the Countess Collection

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4

Ramona may just be my favorite housewife of all time.....for her love of pool noodles alone. Her turtle time dance at Scary Island and her pool noodles may just guarantee her a contract for life. She is bat shit crazy, but I think it's the real deal.

Ramona is not my all time favorite...but she is one of my favorites....I love her shenanigans

Would love to see Ramona rocking a bikini, 3 floaty noodles, Carole's Lucite heels....while re-enacting her runway walk

tumblr_lpfscyoG6B1qa38qko1_500.gif

Can you picture it? ROFS

• Love 12
(edited)

Ramona is not my all time favorite...but she is one of my favorites....I love her shenanigans

Would love to see Ramona rocking a bikini, 3 floaty noodles, Carole's Lucite heels....while re-enacting her runway walk

Can you picture it? ROFS

Ramona has been consistent in her craziness. I actually kind of like Vicki for the same reason (although my Vicki love is no where near my Ramona love). I love that of all the original NY housewives, Ramona is the only one that has been a full-timer since the beginning. I don't think anyone could've predicted that in the first season. Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 3

Amen.

She's got a fantastic body at any age in my opinion.  She has a small gut that I think is just accentuated by her walking like a linebacker.  To be her age and have only that be her body weakness is pretty incredible. 

The only thing I will critique her on body wise is that I think she's strutting around in the bikini, hooker heels, doing the weights thing, then being nude under a macrame dress is her  wave to Mario:  "See how good I look!"  It sees a little desperate.

I had that same exact thought as I was watching her after she sat down I think from the bug incident!  She said something and I was all "ah ha! you are trying to show Mario you are are still all that and a bag of chips!!"

• Love 5

I had that same exact thought as I was watching her after she sat down I think from the bug incident!  She said something and I was all "ah ha! you are trying to show Mario you are are still all that and a bag of chips!!"

And I contrast that with LuAnn whose body is also pretty damn flawless but even in her most provacative (Pirate?) always looks elegant and sexy.  I wish Ramona could take some lessons from the Countess b/c with the right walk, the right attire, she would be incredibly hot!

• Love 8

I didn't like Ramona's wardrobe at all, but Carole (who I like) wandering around in Daisy Dukes at 51 was far more ridiculous to me.

And I contrast that with LuAnn whose body is also pretty damn flawless but even in her most provacative (Pirate?) always looks elegant and sexy.  I wish Ramona could take some lessons from the Countess b/c with the right walk, the right attire, she would be incredibly hot!

Luanne looks incredible in just about everything. Kristen is a very close second....shocking the two former models look great in clothes.

• Love 14

Ramona I have to say she makes the show for me. She is completely bat shit, but the pool noodle, the roller, the bikini with heels, I was laughing my ass off.

I also laughed at Bethenny and Luan imitating Ramona and then she came out and did exactly what they said she would. It didn't seem mean spirited, which lately is rare for this show.

Sonja where to start?? Two things really annoyed me. First she has the nerve to shade Lu's fashion line? At least Luan has an actual line, not some fiction she's made up in her addled brain. Next she says that T&C is all about staying in your house? Look I have been to Turks and Caicos and it is a very beautiful island, not many crowds and the best beaches I've ever seen. And this bitch doesnt want to leave the house. Sigh. I guess if I lived in a home with no a/c or hot water I probably wouldn't want to leave either.

For as annoying as Beth has been this season I think she was truly being real with Sonja. It fell on deaf ears but I really think she was trying to connect to Sonja in a real way.

• Love 17

Can you picture it? ROFS

That was so freaking hilarious!  Walking like a linebacker with that zombie like stare!  And what's a shame is she looked freaking fabulous!  Her body and her makeup looked incredible.  She just doesn't know how to work the body, the face.  It's so unnatural when she's trying to be sexy.

• Love 4

I was never a big fan of Kristen but I can't help liking her after seeing Bethenny and Ramona go after her like rabid chipmunks. She seems like a dim but basically nice person who is not afraid to admit she is wrong and actually apologize. She apologized to Sonja and congratulated her on her line. She did not grab her by the face and tell her to shut the fuck up. She did not run over to her to tell her that another housewife said she was stupid.

She may not have done that this week, but Kristin did exactly that last week when she ran over to Bethenny at AOA.

• Love 6

Are we forgetting the time Ramona asked whats-her-name about her lopsided boob job? IN PUBLIC? AT A LUNCHEON??

Seriously, I can't remember her name. Crazy girl. I'm up here, you're down there. Scary Island. You know.

Kelly Bensimon.

Ramona is a rude mess.

• Love 8

I'm putting on my shallow hat (because why not). Who was the guy flirting with Sonja at LuAnn's RES(ID)ENT (because I, too, thought it was "Resent" at first) event? He was a good looking man! And it tripped me out how Ramona was acting like she needed to be a buffer between him and Sonja. 

• Love 6

I'm putting on my shallow hat (because why not). Who was the guy flirting with Sonja at LuAnn's RES(ID)ENT (because I, too, thought it was "Resent" at first) event? He was a good looking man! And it tripped me out how Ramona was acting like she needed to be a buffer between him and Sonja.

He was a good looking man and Ramona's reaction made me give her the cyanide.

• Love 16

Are we forgetting the time Ramona asked whats-her-name about her lopsided boob job? IN PUBLIC? AT A LUNCHEON??

Seriously, I can't remember her name. Crazy girl. I'm up here, you're down there. Scary Island. You know.

Yeah yeah -- crazy girl, ran in traffic, gummi bears, super short dresses. What was her NAME???

• Love 1

uote name="Irritable" post="1268303" timestamp="1435126541"]Ramona absolutely got breast implants, no question.  It's interesting to me the difference between the OC, NJ, ATL vs NY wives when it comes to whether they are going to boast about implants, go with giant ones or even have the procedures televised, or whether all the women just quietly agree to not talk about each other's fake tits.  That is probably the only example I can come up with of the NY women having a bit more class than the other franchises. 

I had no opinion either way until this episode. When Ramona was wearing the MK dress, she lifted her arm up right in front of the camera. The dress shows a lot of side boob, and Ramona's was unnaturally high (while braless), looked too close to her armpit, and looked pretty hard.

• Love 4
(edited)
Yeah yeah -- crazy girl, ran in traffic, gummi bears, super short dresses. What was her NAME???

Al Sharpton!

Edited by KFC
  • Love 15
(edited)

Could we just stop with the speculation about Ramona's boobs?

It was noticable from the first episode this season.... so I am going for all caps:

PUHLEEZE! RAMONA HAD HER TITS DONE ALREADY !

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

This quote from Brian Moylan's "Vulture" magazine recap absolutely slayed me:

Dorinda says they’ve got 50,000 square feet of personality in a 10,000-square-foot house. (Dorinda is clearly the Sophia in the Golden Girls analogy of The Real Housewives of New York, if you figure Bethenny is Dorothy, LuAnn and Carole are Blanche, and “Ramonja” is Rose … Heather’s probably Stan or something, but let’s not get bogged down.)

• Love 2