Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Lord Of The Manor

• Start Topic

I don't think Ro's breasts are large at all. 

I'm an "a" cup, so she's large from my perspective.  They fit her body,  but I would guess she is at least a "c" cup.  That's not small.  And they do not appear to have any natural movement.

• Love 1

Aside from her failed marriage (which is not uncommon), there's more about Bethenny that makes others "jus' jellus" than the other way around.  If by chance you were referring to Kristen and suggesting that Bethenny might be jealous of her, I just don't get it.  Kristen is irrelevant in this group of women and about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Kristen looked awesome diving into the water in T&C but I think her features, although good for a model, are too hard to be considered pretty.   To me "pretty" has a much softer look than this:

kristen_zpshqtqv8cs.jpg

My impression was that the other women already gave up trying to get through to Sonja, which leaves Bethenny.  I remember Bethenny saying she would try to get through to her when they were on their way to Atlantic City and the other women wished her luck.  Since that Atlantic City trip, tales of Sonja's black out escapades have become a hot topic in the group so there's a lot at stake.  Instead of being critical of Bethenny for taking on Sonja, I give her props for trying.

Bethenny claimed, in her blog, that the other women had "alienated" Sonja and that is far from the truth. They still talk to her, go to parties with her, ect. No one has shut Sonja out, "alienate", of the group or individually either. IMO, Bethenny is trying to make it look like she is the only one that cares about Sonja and that she alone can save her because the others no longer care about Sonja, which, again, is far from the truth.

I thought Ramona gave a good try, a small amount of time,  to save her marriage when she found out about the affair and then left him, and ultimately divorced him in a relatively short period of time. That is one of the things I admire about her, she walked the walk of her "have your own money so you don't have to stay with a man" mantra. 

Not singling out your post, out of many posts by many, it was just the last post I saw, but would any of y'all agree that what Beth is really doing is saying she is an expert on "marketing" period, not necessarily on a given item? She is the Miss Market Your Brand, in her view. What I mean is she would feel comfortable telling anyone how to market anything, since she views herself as a marketing wiz. 

I completely loved Ramona's yellow bikini, think she looks fabulous for any age, love her weight thrusts, her wonky walk, her high heels, her single roller, her running to pick the best room, her noodle [old school vs new school trendy paddle boarding], her mangling of words, her bluntness [that sometimes comes back to bite her], her complaining about having to do what she doesn't want to do, her awkward mannerisms. I love it all. 

Well, lets see........Bethenny slaps her SG label on anything anymore, to the detriment of her brand IMO. It seems she has no focus on her own products, their quality, just their mass marketing as a whole and that "brand" has been declining in sales and the reason she is back on the HW show. Heather, on the other hand, developed her shape wear line and had it in major retailers/stores and on HSN long before she joined the show and her business has continued to grow despite how many viewers dislike her on the show. IMO, just mine, Heather is far better at PR for her product/brand than Bethenny has ever been but I do agree with you that Bethenny THINKS/PICTURES herself as some kind of marketing wiz but IMO, that is only in HER mind. LOL

• Love 10

Bethenny claimed, in her blog, that the other women had "alienated" Sonja and that is far from the truth. They still talk to her, go to parties with her, ect. No one has shut Sonja out, "alienate", of the group or individually either. IMO, Bethenny is trying to make it look like she is the only one that cares about Sonja and that she alone can save her because the others no longer care about Sonja, which, again, is far from the truth.

I don't read the blogs so I wouldn't have known what she said.  After watching the clip I posted in the First Looks thread for next week's episode, a lot more than we've seen went on between Sonja and the other women.   The women have genuine concerns and now that she knows they've been talking about her escapades, maybe she does feel alienated.   I would if I knew the group I was vacationing with had been talking about me.

• Love 2

OK.  Your opinions are valid, as are mine.  We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yes, exactly.  I am not directing this just at you but the concept of relevance has been batted around this season by different people concluding that because Bethenny has a big business and social media presence she is by definition the 'most relevant' housewife.  I wanted to put in my own opinion that 'relevant/irrelevant' is, to me, one of those random, Nene Leakes-style disses that doesn't mean much in terms of the show.  Actually, it's more like a Ramonaism, like 'that person doesn't matter.'  I'm not saying you think that but it is how the concept in general lands with me. 

As far as I'm concerned, they are all castmates and enjoy the same baseline relevance or irrelevance.  They are all on the stroll to get attention for either ventures or themselves or both.  To me, Skinnygirl is an incredibly dated concept, like a sick marriage of Snackwells and a cosmopolitan slushie at a Sex & The City theme park, so I don't see it as more relevant than any other particular concept.

• Love 12

I would have to watch it again, but didn't Beth make it sound like Heather should move her focus away from what she is doing now and concentrate on active wear? I wonder if it hit Heather wrong because she is competing with Beth in the shape wear market? While Heather's business might be smaller than Beth's combined businesses, I think that YT is far outselling SG in the lines they directly compete in, which is shape wear. Beth telling Heather that she should focus elsewhere could sound like she would rather this not be the case. If I were Heather, I would have asked Beth why she wasn't taking her own advice, since it seems like she is slapping SG on anything she can.

• Love 10

I don't read the blogs so I wouldn't have known what she said.  After watching the clip I posted in the First Looks thread for next week's episode, a lot more than we've seen went on between Sonja and the other women.   The women have genuine concerns and now that she knows they've been talking about her escapades, maybe she does feel alienated.   I would if I knew the group I was vacationing with had been talking about me.

I find the blogs very telling! LOL Sonja feels "picked on", not "alienated" but Bethenny claimed the others had "alienated" her, a big difference IMO. I do not believe any of them have shut Sonja out of the group, which is what happens when a group "alienates" someone.

• Love 5
(edited)

I finally saw the first 10 minutes. Sonja’s “UES swami” friend can’t be THAT enlightened if she’s making a catty dig about LuAnn’s “schleppy” clothes. Don’t you have a gong to strike or something, Robin?

LuAnn started an interesting analogy about Ramona looking like “those people poolside at Monaco.” Was she referring to the elite, new money with no class or grace, hookers?

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4
(edited)

** And so far the ratings are bad!  So if Beth is the fulcrum, the show is built around her, the ratings are shit le stink, who is irrelevant?  Bethenny.

The ratings aren't bad -- go check out TV By the Numbers.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)

Those people were connected to the victim at the time of her death not OJ.  Kris Jenner and just returned from a trip with Nicole Simpson, Faye was friends with Nicole.  I don't recall hearing or reading anything about Kyle being connected to OJ or even Nicole.  Heck Bethenny was working for the Hiltons pretty close to the time Nicole was murdered.

Permit me to be off topic to agree with Zoey's mom.

Robert & Kris Kardashian were friends with OJ & Nicole for a very long time before Robert & Kris divorced (attended their wedding).   In a book they were very contentious with each other, Kris v. Robert regarding Nicole's murder.  Kim K's first job as a stylist was doing Paris Hilton's closet, that's the closet the tree branches go - Paris Hilton through Kim K.  No Kyle.  There are pictures all of the Kardashians (Robert & Kris ~ also with Kris and Bruce Jenner in Cabo with them on Easter) with Nicole and OJ and Faye at Cabo many years before she was murdered.  I don't recall Kyle being connected to OJ or even Nicole whatsoever (over 20 books and google).  However, Kyle does know what Faye did after Faye's best friends death.  Instead of speaking to prosecters after one time, Faye took off to Vermont to hide and write her book with Mike Walker from the Enquirier.  Then she wrote a seond follow up book.  I wouldn't let Faye wash my car tires.

ETA:  I wrote this before that when Kris J found out about Nicole's murder - what did she do?  She sent her assistant out to the grocery store so she could made Nicole's favorite lasagna - no pre cooked noodles and a salad in Nicole's bowl she had left at the house.  It was bizarre reading that.  I would have fell to the floor.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Aside from her failed marriage (which is not uncommon), there's more about Bethenny that makes others "jus' jellus" than the other way around.  If by chance you were referring to Kristen and suggesting that Bethenny might be jealous of her, I just don't get it.  Kristen is irrelevant in this group of women and about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Kristen looked awesome diving into the water in T&C but I think her features, although good for a model, are too hard to be considered pretty.   To me "pretty" has a much softer look than this:

kristen_zpshqtqv8cs.jpg

My impression was that the other women already gave up trying to get through to Sonja, which leaves Bethenny.  I remember Bethenny saying she would try to get through to her when they were on their way to Atlantic City and the other women wished her luck.  Since that Atlantic City trip, tales of Sonja's black out escapades have become a hot topic in the group so there's a lot at stake.  Instead of being critical of Bethenny for taking on Sonja, I give her props for trying.

Kristen sure sucks up to Bethenny in her latest blog. Majority of her blog is about Bethenny.

I think the other ladies in terms of Sonja...have decided to stop being her back up (i.e. not gonna make sure she gets home, not gonna interfere withher hook up choices, not gonna jump in if it looks like some girl is gonna kick her butt, Luanne is giving up snatch guard)

There's a video of drunk Sonja from 9 months ago TMZ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Reo5dsychho

Yeesh

• Love 1

Kristen sure sucks up to Bethenny in her latest blog. Majority of her blog is about Bethenny.

I think the other ladies in terms of Sonja...have decided to stop being her back up (i.e. not gonna make sure she gets home, not gonna interfere withher hook up choices, not gonna jump in if it looks like some girl is gonna kick her butt, Luanne is giving up snatch guard)

There's a video of drunk Sonja from 9 months ago TMZ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Reo5dsychho

Yeesh

I haven't read any of the blogs but I did watch that video clip of a really plastered Sonja.  I wonder if she even remembers that interview.

Once again, Beth announces that she's smart (does she want a banner?), which truly smart people don't feel the need to do. Sonja has at least managed to find a way to stay in her beloved home, so maybe Miss Homeless should ask Lady Morgan for advice.

Oh snap!!!  Good one!!

• Love 4

I was curious-- what are all the Skinnygirl products?  So I asked Google, which gave me the list below (on shop google).  There are-- "line fillers" (like face cream); wine, sangria; bath gel that smells like sangria; shapewear; drink powder; popcorn; health/ diet bars; soda maker; blender; not sure what else.  Hell of a line.  I've seen the boxes of slimfast-type bars in Target, and they look very tiny, and cheap-- especially compared to the product they're sitting next to.  It makes me sad, cause I think this stuff is too poorly made and conceived to last in stores forever.  I'll give it 3 years tops before the chain stores stop stocking it.  She really did go hog-wild, slapping her brand name on EVERYTHING.  

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=skinnygirl+products&tbm=shop

Here's one "shapewear" gem in particular:  http://www.classicshapewear.com/skinnygirl-shapewear-whats-cookin-fantasy-apron-3052-p-3380.html?osCsid=kdrgrg0ttipdp2j3amegp1u5n3

not sure Heather will feel too threatened by that one.  

• Love 5

Girl consider whom you're referring to.  Now say that last that part again.

Thank you for saving me paragraphs of writing.   Because I spend way too much time thinking about what ya'll are gonna say lol, I woke up this morning knowing that these interactions were different but wondering how so.  Stick with me for a minute:  the difference is the (legal) demarcation that determines whether an interaction at work meets the standard of sexual harassment or is simply an unfortunate misunderstanding.   That standard is whether or not the attention is welcome.  Why this is important is because in every instance in which Bethenny and Sonja have interacted, it is at Sonja's behest.   Sonja invited B to that sad ass dress marketing meeting thing.  Sonja turned to Bethenny in the club in Atlantic City when no one else would bother with her drunken ramblings.  The next morning, Sonja went to B's room to talk.  Last night Bethenny hadn't said or offered shit, Sonja turned to her and asked why everybody was being so mean.   It's not the same thing at all.   Bethenny has never once asked for Heather's attention nor intervention and, in fact, refused it when it was offered.    I'm not justifying B losing her patience with Sonja over and over again, because by now she's the one with enough sense to know not to keep fucking with her, BUT, I know how she gets to level 10 and I can't fault her for it.  Essentially yeah, if you're not going to shut the fuck up long enough to listen, what are you asking me anything for?   Not to cross-talk but on WWHL Andy asked Sonja if she were embarrassed by any of her episodes.  She said all of them.  And yet, she still looks at advice that she seeks as being attacked.  Girl. Bye.

Mkay.  I'm not sure I knew that this is why that bothered me so much until you said it.  But primarily? yeah this is why that bothered me so much.  When someone, anyone, who's there to help is treated like the help, I want to punch something. 

Cannot be said enough.  I'll add the same is true for all of them, including the hunchy asshole.  Yeah there's a lil paunch but shit if we ain't allowed to look like that at 60 I give up. lol!

YES ! All of this! Agree 100%.

I'm not sure the issue is so much about relevance as it is status within the group of women. It seems to me that on all the housewives shows there are the women who, for various reasons, are given more status than others by the various other women in the group. So far this season, it seems to me that the women have given Bethenny a lot of status, maybe because she's wealthy, successful, a celebrity, a friend of Andy's, etc ... who knows, probably all of the above. Kristen, in my view, is conferred less status, I think because she has less of a resume. In this group of somewhat older, successful women, Kristen just does not seem to measure up in terms of personality or achievement. 

• Love 2

Okay I finally saw the complete episode and not just in pieces. I have to say that it isn't because I'm not a Bethenny fan but Sonja was holding her own pretty well in that conversation and we see how frustrated Beth gets when she gets a taste of her own medicine. Meaning, being cut off by a fast talking New Yorker who is only focused on their point and not what you are trying to interject into the conversation. Now I have to say that Sonja seemed to be making some good points. Here's the deal. The mood shifted after Ramona got tired of Carole and Sonja telling her what to do on the man front. And in all honesty I understand Sonja cause that's how she is but what the fuck was Carole's deal advocating sleeping around as well?

I loved how Kristen just very organically inserted her comment about dating and not having to have sex. That stopped Sonja and Carole dead in their tracks and if you notice Carole was a bit annoyed by it cause Kristens voice of reason just made Carole and Sonja sound pretty trashy and ahem, considering Carole's recent love interest I'm sure Carole felt some sort of way. You know, kind of when someone posts a facebook status and it can totally apply to you and your decisions so you hate on the message even if it wasn't meant for you...? Anyway, I notice a sense of of annoyance coming from Carole and notice her brisk comment about Well then pick one or something...(complete paraphrase cause I absolutely don't remember what she said but it's the frustration that I really remember.. hee)   but you could totally  tell she was rolling her eyes at the whole "you can date without having sex with them right away" concept.. I had an LOL moment with that quick exchange.

But I digress, it wasn't until Ramona suggested that Sonja drops into bed with everyone that it started to go downhill even though, God Bless her, Sonja still tried to make light of what Ramona was saying to her. And I get it. Ramona was annoyed that these women especially Sonja are having this very uncomfortable conversation with her and about her love life and Ramona has been trying to drop the conversation for a while now so she pulls out the big guns. Now, what I found extremely distasteful was that while Sonja is trying to defend herself without being angry, she's just trying to playfully explain that she flirts which kudos for her cause regardless of what's been going down with her recently them bringing up what happened with the friend and the boyfriend didn't come up as some "Hey Sonja, we need to talk to you about how much more your drinking and here's an example of how bad it's been getting lately". That example was brought up as retaliation and for what? Because Sonja was harassing Ramona about being more aggressive in her love life? I get that Sonja was being a bit inappropriate but to go on the attack like that was really uncalled for.

To be honest when Beth walked up to Sonja, Sonja was explaining quite accurately what happened and why she was not happy. Beth decides this is a perfect Segway into talking to Sonja about her drinking but bad timing, bad vibes and the positive intention was never established because the conversation started on catty terms so how is Sonja supposed to be in the frame of mind to positively drink in any advice whatsoever. The state Sonja was in was hurt and anger and the point she was trying to make to Beth is that she doesn't appreciate her friends using this type of shit as ammo whenever the mood strikes them. Sonja's main point was that her friends were judging her and using that against her and trying to make her feel bad in the middle of a disagreement that really has nothing to do with what they are trying to throw at her. Ramona used Sonja dropping into bed with everyone in order to deflect the conversation away from her and what she ISN'T doing in her interactions with men. I get it, it wasn't that nice but it did derail the conversation enough that I saw a chance for the conversation to finally be over but then someone decided to counter Sonja's defense (which you can tell that she was embarrassed to think that her friends who shouldn't judge are saying she's a whore) about just flirting by bringing up an embarrassing incident and really throwing Sonja under the bus. I mean true or not Sonja didn't deserve to be put on blast like that based on the conversation they were having just minutes before. I mean that was a bit below the belt like Sonja said and in the end Sonja was just mad which she did have a right to be.

Beth wasn't understanding. Sonja wasn't asking to have the "you're drinking too much, we're worried about you speech" right then and there and to be honest that wasn't the right time anyway. Sonja was having the "That's fucked up that my own girls would judge and say this shit and put me on blast like that just because" moment and Beth, had she catered to that frame of mind and calmed her down by agreeing it wasn't cool for them to do that. She may have then created an opening to lead into the whole "but you know why they may feel that way right?" But regardless of how receptive Sonja would have been I think that Sonja did deserve for someone to agree with her that throwing out her more regrettable moments and shame her  just because they want her to back off of a conversation is not what friends do. So yeah, Sonja was right to be mad and she was right to be mad at Beth cause she wasn't validating what Sonja was saying which is what would have completely calmed Sonja down. It's not about whether what they were saying about her was true it was the way they were judging and trying to shame her. I truly believe she was blindsided to have them go THAT far with her with their judgments and nastiness.

One last thing, I'm no Carole fan but I did appreciate her TH saying that no one wants to be reminded of those drunken nights. I think that was her way of saying come on girls we all do it and no one wants to be raked across the coals for it by our girlfriends so yeah um lighten up. Not that I'm saying that people should turn a blind eye. It seems for the most part that the ladies have been just taking it in stride and not making too much of it like good girlfriends do but since it's getting worse they feel it needs to be addressed, Hey great, but newsflash you don't address it now by just doing a complete about face and shame the shit out of your girlfriend before you actually sit down and try to talk about it. And before anyone says it, I don't recall anyone saying they've had a serious sit down with Sonja about HER DRINKING and we haven't seen that attempt on camera so as much as they may want to throw the whole Sonja is delusional, she doesn't listen, we've tried, angle I don't buy that they've done it about her drinking. Her "business", her legal state, etc. etc. Yeah, but the concern about her drinking seems to be fairly recent so if the first approach they chose to address this particular situation is to shame her with a list of examples and only point them out when they are having a disagreement with her and want something juicy and mean to throw at her then yeah I'd be pissed too if I were Sonja.

• Love 4
(edited)
In this group of somewhat older, successful women, Kristen just does not seem to measure up in terms of personality or achievement.

Yup, but I'd add "…or spouse." (Because without the Count, LuAnn might have been - like Kristen - another model from a middle-class Connecticut background.) If Kristen was married to Old Money, her status would be different. Or even New Money, but lots of it. While eBoost may be doing well, it's not on the level of providing a house in the Hamptons.

Sonja was holding her own pretty well in that conversation

Eh, Sonja's tactic is to just talk over someone if she doesn't like what they're saying or if it somehow takes away from her narrative. 

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

And we all are right in assessing beauty differently and having different preferences, but I don't think a single bad shot of Kristen changes anything with respect to Bethenny making that snide fucking blog comment about how important being beautiful is to Kristen.  To Beth, I'd say: give it up, ho.   If her looks are not something that rankles, that part of her little attempted snarkfest wouldn't even need to be written.

This post gave me a random thought that I am now seriously curious about. We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the more traditional beauty. The glamorous and well put together. Over the years I've been able to widen my scope by appreciating how certain features and combinations can be striking in it's own way. Example: Classic Beauties for me, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe. Acquired taste but more abstract beauty: Uma Thurman, Scarlette Johanson... I've learned how to appreciate all kinds of beauty and it's very interesting trying to map out why some feature or face is considered beautiful to some and not to others. My preference again is the classic beauty as well as the exotic beauty. Luann for example. She's just effortlessly gorgeous. Absolutely, fortunate make up of features. I feel the same about Kristin. Now in passed seasons we've had Alex McCord who I found very unattractive and yet not everyone felt that was the case. Carole is another example. I find her odd looking and not attractive at all either and yet some find her stunning. Dorinda isn't on my list either but hey, like I've said it's been proven that everyone has their own gage. Now to my question. Over the years I've been proven that opinions about appearance vary from person to person and have seen posts that confirm that for almost every housewife that I've found a little lacking in the "pretty" department. Hey, sorry to be so superficial but I needed to be blunt to come to my point. Forgive me Lord for I'm about to really sin... ;-P

Who here finds Beth attractive? Just curious. Cause I know when she started on the show it was addressed by her I think or it was thrown around a bit. Butterface was used when talking about her around the time of her being on the show before and that has all faded away. The only reason why I'm bringing up this very superficial line of discussion is because of Beth's comments about Kristen and the idea that Beth is usually not to receptive to younger and/or attractive women which I completely believe. Regardless of how it turned out after a few seasons with Kelly. Beth started off not liking her and talking shit about her before spending even 2 minutes with the woman. I remember that being my first impression of Beth and she's never recovered in my eyes. I remember thinking to myself, what the fuck is Beth talking about? In the same conversation it was pointed out that Beth didn't even know the woman and there she was talking crap to Luann about her. (Kelly was being introduced as a new housewife for season 2). So I think there is definitely something up with how Beth deals with women who are very attractive.  I mean even her relationship with Lu is dodgy and has been most of the seasons. This season they are getting a long way better and I just think it's because Lu just learns how to play the game better and better each season. Lu keeps it light, pushes the envelope only so far and retracts just short of mayhem and meltdowns.

• Love 4

Eh, Sonja's tactic is to just talk over someone if she doesn't like what they're saying or if it somehow takes away from her narrative. 

And so's Beth's. Thing was Sonja was actually staying on topic which was, she was mad about what was said just then, that night and she wasn't happy with her friends judging her and trying to shame her in that moment. While Beth was trying to shift the conversation somewhere else Sonja was sticking with the point she was making which was it was fucked up that her friends just hit her below the belt like that out of nowhere. Beth pointing out to Sonja right then and there that "well Sonja if you wouldn't drink like a fish therefore start partying like a whore, they wouldn't have this shit to throw at you" wasn't the best way to handle it. Basically the whole approach, for such a serious and sensitive subject was all kinds of fucked up. Delusional or not, if people really care they don't approach a subject like this as haphazardly as these women do. Just saying.

• Love 4

To me, Skinnygirl is an incredibly dated concept, like a sick marriage of Snackwells and a cosmopolitan slushie at a Sex & The City theme park, so I don't see it as more relevant than any other particular concept.

I want this on like a t-shirt, and an embroidered throw pillow, and a motivational poster with a sunset and some other shit on it, that's how perfect it is to me. 

Here's one "shapewear" gem in particular:  http://www.classicshapewear.com/skinnygirl-shapewear-whats-cookin-fantasy-apron-3052-p-3380.html?osCsid=kdrgrg0ttipdp2j3amegp1u5n3

What in the tight pants of sweet curly haired Moses is that meant to shape? I understand that it has push-up cups, but there's no ass and no sides. I won't pretend to speak for anyone but myself, but there is literally no fabric where I most want a shaping garment to do its work. 

And it's half off. Bless. 

• Love 9
(edited)

This post gave me a random thought that I am now seriously curious about. We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the more traditional beauty. The glamorous and well put together. Over the years I've been able to widen my scope by appreciating how certain features and combinations can be striking in it's own way. Example: Classic Beauties for me, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe. Acquired taste but more abstract beauty: Uma Thurman, Scarlette Johanson... I've learned how to appreciate all kinds of beauty and it's very interesting trying to map out why some feature or face is considered beautiful to some and not to others. My preference again is the classic beauty as well as the exotic beauty. Luann for example. She's just effortlessly gorgeous. Absolutely, fortunate make up of features. I feel the same about Kristin. Now in passed seasons we've had Alex McCord who I found very unattractive and yet not everyone felt that was the case. Carole is another example. I find her odd looking and not attractive at all either and yet some find her stunning. Dorinda isn't on my list either but hey, like I've said it's been proven that everyone has their own gage. Now to my question. Over the years I've been proven that opinions about appearance vary from person to person and have seen posts that confirm that for almost every housewife that I've found a little lacking in the "pretty" department. Hey, sorry to be so superficial but I needed to be blunt to come to my point. Forgive me Lord for I'm about to really sin... ;-P

Who here finds Beth attractive? Just curious. Cause I know when she started on the show it was addressed by her I think or it was thrown around a bit. Butterface was used when talking about her around the time of her being on the show before and that has all faded away. The only reason why I'm bringing up this very superficial line of discussion is because of Beth's comments about Kristen and the idea that Beth is usually not to receptive to younger and/or attractive women which I completely believe. Regardless of how it turned out after a few seasons with Kelly. Beth started off not liking her and talking shit about her before spending even 2 minutes with the woman. I remember that being my first impression of Beth and she's never recovered in my eyes. I remember thinking to myself, what the fuck is Beth talking about? In the same conversation it was pointed out that Beth didn't even know the woman and there she was talking crap to Luann about her. (Kelly was being introduced as a new housewife for season 2). So I think there is definitely something up with how Beth deals with women who are very attractive. I mean even her relationship with Lu is dodgy and has been most of the seasons. This season they are getting a long way better and I just think it's because Lu just learns how to play the game better and better each season. Lu keeps it light, pushes the envelope only so far and retracts just short of mayhem and meltdowns.

In order to agree with this, I'd have to think Kelly is attractive. Never did. Ugly inside and out.

Bethenny, to me, is absolutely gorgeous! Great bone structure, eyes, hair, skin. Plus she dresses great. I don't read her blogs or suck up gossip about her or track her energy bars at TJ's. I watch this show and on this show, she is non-pareil! imo

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 3

I was curious-- what are all the Skinnygirl products?  So I asked Google, which gave me the list below (on shop google).  There are-- "line fillers" (like face cream); wine, sangria; bath gel that smells like sangria; shapewear; drink powder; popcorn; health/ diet bars; soda maker; blender; not sure what else.  Hell of a line.  I've seen the boxes of slimfast-type bars in Target, and they look very tiny, and cheap-- especially compared to the product they're sitting next to.  It makes me sad, cause I think this stuff is too poorly made and conceived to last in stores forever.  I'll give it 3 years tops before the chain stores stop stocking it.  She really did go hog-wild, slapping her brand name on EVERYTHING.  

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=skinnygirl+products&tbm=shopHere's one "shapewear" gem in particular:  http://www.classicshapewear.com/skinnygirl-shapewear-whats-cookin-fantasy-apron-3052-p-3380.html?osCsid=kdrgrg0ttipdp2j3amegp1u5n3

She did slap her name on everything, which was what made her comment to Heather so strange to me. I watched it again, and what she said is "I think you should do JUST fitness wear". She said the leggings and jeans are so hard to break into and so many people are doing it, that the fitness wear would be the place where she could really "break out". I'm not sure how she meant it, and she might have been truly attempting to give good, positive advice, but it sounded like she was saying that Heather's company hasn't made it at this point. In some of the legal information I saw about the YT/Spanx lawsuit, it said that in 2013 YT had over $60 million in sales. Just a guess, but I find it difficult to believe Beth's stuff does much more than that.

• Love 9

I find the blogs very telling! LOL Sonja feels "picked on", not "alienated" but Bethenny claimed the others had "alienated" her, a big difference IMO. I do not believe any of them have shut Sonja out of the group, which is what happens when a group "alienates" someone.

I think maybe the term should be discounted.  Sonja since Scary Island and Kelly Bensimon has essentially been told to keep her past to herself.  They want Sonja around to make themselves look better - including Bethenny.  They like Sonja when she is fun and not one person has had the stones to tell her that her burlesque act sucks.  It is like Kristen no one really wants her around and when she expresses herself no one listens.  I don't see Sonja as having good girlfriends.  When they were all talking about her losing her house -it was based on gossip site report.  No one would listen to the fact she was taking care of it.

I can't imagine anyone let alone five or six people wanting to waste a perfectly good vacation on Sonja and her drinking issues.  I would say the same for hollow leg Ramona, no one should "worry" about her drinking.  

I

• Love 3

Okay I finally saw the complete episode and not just in pieces. I have to say that it isn't because I'm not a Bethenny fan but Sonja was holding her own pretty well in that conversation and we see how frustrated Beth gets when she gets a taste of her own medicine. Meaning, being cut off by a fast talking New Yorker who is only focused on their point and not what you are trying to interject into the conversation. Now I have to say that Sonja seemed to be making some good points. Here's the deal. The mood shifted after Ramona got tired of Carole and Sonja telling her what to do on the man front. And in all honesty I understand Sonja cause that's how she is but what the fuck was Carole's deal advocating sleeping around as well?

I loved how Kristen just very organically inserted her comment about dating and not having to have sex. That stopped Sonja and Carole dead in their tracks and if you notice Carole was a bit annoyed by it cause Kristens voice of reason just made Carole and Sonja sound pretty trashy and ahem, considering Carole's recent love interest I'm sure Carole felt some sort of way. You know, kind of when someone posts a facebook status and it can totally apply to you and your decisions so you hate on the message even if it wasn't meant for you...? Anyway, I notice a sense of of annoyance coming from Carole and notice her brisk comment about Well then pick one or something...(complete paraphrase cause I absolutely don't remember what she said but it's the frustration that I really remember.. hee)   but you could totally  tell she was rolling her eyes at the whole "you can date without having sex with them right away" concept.. I had an LOL moment with that quick exchange.

But I digress, it wasn't until Ramona suggested that Sonja drops into bed with everyone that it started to go downhill even though, God Bless her, Sonja still tried to make light of what Ramona was saying to her. And I get it. Ramona was annoyed that these women especially Sonja are having this very uncomfortable conversation with her and about her love life and Ramona has been trying to drop the conversation for a while now so she pulls out the big guns. Now, what I found extremely distasteful was that while Sonja is trying to defend herself without being angry, she's just trying to playfully explain that she flirts which kudos for her cause regardless of what's been going down with her recently them bringing up what happened with the friend and the boyfriend didn't come up as some "Hey Sonja, we need to talk to you about how much more your drinking and here's an example of how bad it's been getting lately". That example was brought up as retaliation and for what? Because Sonja was harassing Ramona about being more aggressive in her love life? I get that Sonja was being a bit inappropriate but to go on the attack like that was really uncalled for.

To be honest when Beth walked up to Sonja, Sonja was explaining quite accurately what happened and why she was not happy. Beth decides this is a perfect Segway into talking to Sonja about her drinking but bad timing, bad vibes and the positive intention was never established because the conversation started on catty terms so how is Sonja supposed to be in the frame of mind to positively drink in any advice whatsoever. The state Sonja was in was hurt and anger and the point she was trying to make to Beth is that she doesn't appreciate her friends using this type of shit as ammo whenever the mood strikes them. Sonja's main point was that her friends were judging her and using that against her and trying to make her feel bad in the middle of a disagreement that really has nothing to do with what they are trying to throw at her. Ramona used Sonja dropping into bed with everyone in order to deflect the conversation away from her and what she ISN'T doing in her interactions with men. I get it, it wasn't that nice but it did derail the conversation enough that I saw a chance for the conversation to finally be over but then someone decided to counter Sonja's defense (which you can tell that she was embarrassed to think that her friends who shouldn't judge are saying she's a whore) about just flirting by bringing up an embarrassing incident and really throwing Sonja under the bus. I mean true or not Sonja didn't deserve to be put on blast like that based on the conversation they were having just minutes before. I mean that was a bit below the belt like Sonja said and in the end Sonja was just mad which she did have a right to be.

Beth wasn't understanding. Sonja wasn't asking to have the "you're drinking too much, we're worried about you speech" right then and there and to be honest that wasn't the right time anyway. Sonja was having the "That's fucked up that my own girls would judge and say this shit and put me on blast like that just because" moment and Beth, had she catered to that frame of mind and calmed her down by agreeing it wasn't cool for them to do that. She may have then created an opening to lead into the whole "but you know why they may feel that way right?" But regardless of how receptive Sonja would have been I think that Sonja did deserve for someone to agree with her that throwing out her more regrettable moments and shame her  just because they want her to back off of a conversation is not what friends do. So yeah, Sonja was right to be mad and she was right to be mad at Beth cause she wasn't validating what Sonja was saying which is what would have completely calmed Sonja down. It's not about whether what they were saying about her was true it was the way they were judging and trying to shame her. I truly believe she was blindsided to have them go THAT far with her with their judgments and nastiness.

One last thing, I'm no Carole fan but I did appreciate her TH saying that no one wants to be reminded of those drunken nights. I think that was her way of saying come on girls we all do it and no one wants to be raked across the coals for it by our girlfriends so yeah um lighten up. Not that I'm saying that people should turn a blind eye. It seems for the most part that the ladies have been just taking it in stride and not making too much of it like good girlfriends do but since it's getting worse they feel it needs to be addressed, Hey great, but newsflash you don't address it now by just doing a complete about face and shame the shit out of your girlfriend before you actually sit down and try to talk about it. And before anyone says it, I don't recall anyone saying they've had a serious sit down with Sonja about HER DRINKING and we haven't seen that attempt on camera so as much as they may want to throw the whole Sonja is delusional, she doesn't listen, we've tried, angle I don't buy that they've done it about her drinking. Her "business", her legal state, etc. etc. Yeah, but the concern about her drinking seems to be fairly recent so if the first approach they chose to address this particular situation is to shame her with a list of examples and only point them out when they are having a disagreement with her and want something juicy and mean to throw at her then yeah I'd be pissed too if I were Sonja.

I don't understand how these are not intertwineable.  That's like saying hey my friends are sort of shitty for the judgment of pointing out that I wrapped my car around a utility pole when all of us make mistakes, but omitting the part that includes that this is my fourth DUI and were it not for my choice to overindulge in the initiating behavior, there wouldn't be a subsequent one.   Her friends aren't calling her a whore randomly and out of hand, they're saying her inability to handle her liquor to the point where she doesn't remember and cannot control her behavior as a result is a problem.  But she's so too busy focusing on the delivery of the message when what's being said is far more crucial.

Talking to Sonja specifically about her drinking is exactly what Bethenny did in Atlantic City.  When Sonja showed up at her door after another blackout morning, I'm gonna mess up the verbatim of it all but B actually said you cannot keep doing this, you can't keep going at this pace.  Not only did she express concern, she also told Sonja at that point, look, I get it you miss your former life and it was fabulous and change is awful and you may be sad or depressed or pissed or all of those but the answer to that is not self destruction.  Acknowledge how you feel and deal with that instead, I will help you if you like.   I'm not sure what other words need to be inolved to convey concern to a woman who's completely sober and has come looking for your advice.  Sonja's reaction to that was, whatever heffa don't none of that apply to me, at least I still live with my kid. 

So fine here we are now weeks later and Sonja's blathering on about how unfair and mean her girlfriends are being and she, SONJA again turns to Bethenny for sympathy, who again tries to convey what Sonja is missing.   She did not walk into the conversation, actually Bethenny didn't say one word until Sonja engaged her.  The fact is this girl keeps turning to the only person who ever listens to her on any level, continues to talk past and on top of the advise she seeks and then shades her for it for good measure.   Fuck Sonja.  Bitch doesn't wanna hear it? Stop asking.

Somebody who has something to do with Bravo programming has got to be a fan of these boards.  This weekend I caught up on episodes I'd never seen but the awesome part was, they weren't in marathon form, it was as though they'd been presented in order of our posts lol.

There was some awesome shit that I can confirm:

Apologies to anybody I asked to please give Ramona the benefit of the doubt re titty meat.  In St. Barths or St. John, I can't remember which, she says she's a 32C.  They look good there but not like the 36s she's walking around with now.  

Noodles are her tradition.    The same way Sonja's leopard one piece is her tradition.   That suit actually makes me more sad than Grey Gardens.

comatoast - I knew your screenname was hilarious but I never knew why.   #winning

The pirate booty episode was.....I die.   On a hot mic, Luanne blows her cover speaking the native language of her then boyfriend.  What the actual fuck?  Why did this relationship ever last longer than that episode?  And sorry to epi rewind but what the hell did she ever say in defense of that after evidence of it came out?   Luanne?  Eww girl.

One of the episodes I'd missed was Morocco dinner.   More Luanne - what is this girl's thing about getting people to eat? Lol.  She lost her shit when some of the girls were missing at dinner.  I was like hold up. If one person is late, that's their bad, but THREE people missed the dinner bell and she still thinks they were told and blew her off?  I mean yeah it's rude if intentional but they all said the same thing.   Anyway just after that there's a scene where she tells Ramona she's there for her about processing her feelings about what the fortune teller said about Mario having another woman.   Seriously, it's like the programmer was eavesdropping on our conversations lol.

Scary Island:  Ya'll my pressure was elevated all the way through this episode.  I must not have really remembered how much of a damn nutbag Kelly Killoran Bensimon was.   Bethenny delivered personalized gift bags full of SG stuff to everyone's door and this chick reacted by lying down on her bed and sobbing.  When Sonja recognizes that you are batshit crazy?  There are no more words.

Random:  Pedicure Fish.  I just want to say I walked by this in an airport about a month ago and I don't understand how anyone gets beyond the smell.   Passing it made me nauseous.

• Love 8
Who here finds Beth attractive? Just curious.

I've gone back and forth on Bethenny. (Full disclosure: I'm a straight woman.) I think when it was Season 3 and she was around Jason, she looked relaxed, in love, and softer. 

The cliche's true (IMO) about a warm personality making an average person more attractive, and an unpleasant one making an attractive person less so. Bethenny is not a happy person at all and it shows. I do like her new haircut, though - she has sharp features and the long straight hair wasn't doing much for her.

• Love 4

She did slap her name on everything, which was what made her comment to Heather so strange to me. I watched it again, and what she said is "I think you should do JUST fitness wear". She said the leggings and jeans are so hard to break into and so many people are doing it, that the fitness wear would be the place where she could really "break out". I'm not sure how she meant it, and she might have been truly attempting to give good, positive advice, but it sounded like she was saying that Heather's company hasn't made it at this point. In some of the legal information I saw about the YT/Spanx lawsuit, it said that in 2013 YT had over $60 million in sales. Just a guess, but I find it difficult to believe Beth's stuff does much more than that.

The big problem I see is that while some chain stores have been stocking her stuff (I've seen the bars at Target, and Target's website sells the shapewear; I've seen the popcorn at Ralph's), I don't think it's selling well.  If she has the sort of deal where her company only gets paid based on actual product sales, I think Skinnygirl (at least, the non-alcohol side of Skinnygirl, which I think is the only part she still owns/ has control of) is going to tank in pretty short order.  I see that being a flash in the pan.  The product quality is way too poor (diet bars that have only 5g of protein).  The packaging on the shelves looks cheap.   

Skinnygirl, the alcoholic side-- that will probably last a good deal longer.  But I don't know how much she takes in from those sales anymore, now that Jim Bean owns that line.  

So yeah-- I think she's a little full of herself when she tries to give Heather brand advice.  Heather knows what she's doing, and she's doing it the right way (IMO).  Bethenny seems like she got frantic with the non-alcohol side of Skinnygirl, slapped that brand on everything, and none of it is going to last.

• Love 6
(edited)

I've gone back and forth on Bethenny. (Full disclosure: I'm a straight woman.) I think when it was Season 3 and she was around Jason, she looked relaxed, in love, and softer. 

The cliche's true (IMO) about a warm personality making an average person more attractive, and an unpleasant one making an attractive person less so. Bethenny is not a happy person at all and it shows. I do like her new haircut, though - she has sharp features and the long straight hair wasn't doing much for her.

I think that being pregnant that season helped too -- they did a flashback TH from either S3 or BGM? earlier this season, and her face was much fuller and softer. Hormones are amazing little bastards. 

The big problem I see is that while some chain stores have been stocking her stuff (I've seen the bars at Target, and Target's website sells the shapewear; I've seen the popcorn at Ralph's), I don't think it's selling well.  If she has the sort of deal where her company only gets paid based on actual product sales, I think Skinnygirl (at least, the non-alcohol side of Skinnygirl, which I think is the only part she still owns/ has control of) is going to tank in pretty short order.  I see that being a flash in the pan.  The product quality is way too poor (diet bars that have only 5g of protein).  The packaging on the shelves looks cheap.   

I bought the lime and salt popcorn when it was 2 boxes for $6 (or something) back in December at the Harris-Teeter near my office. This is an upscale-ish grocery store in a neighborhood that's almost entirely new development offices and apartments; almost everyone who stops in there is a yuppie on their lunch break or their way home from work, or a 20-something whose daddy pays the $2000 rent on their brand new studio. Target Skinnygirl audiences. 

Anyway, they've never restocked the popcorn. And six months later, I still have one of the 20 single serving bags still sitting in the bottom drawer of my desk because it's just ok. (It's certainly not good enough to keep me from periodically traipsing downstairs for a bag of jalapeno cheetos, which is what I wanted it to do). 

Edited by abbottrabbit
  • Love 1

I think maybe the term should be discounted.  Sonja since Scary Island and Kelly Bensimon has essentially been told to keep her past to herself.  They want Sonja around to make themselves look better - including Bethenny.  They like Sonja when she is fun and not one person has had the stones to tell her that her burlesque act sucks.  It is like Kristen no one really wants her around and when she expresses herself no one listens.  I don't see Sonja as having good girlfriends.  When they were all talking about her losing her house -it was based on gossip site report.  No one would listen to the fact she was taking care of it.

I can't imagine anyone let alone five or six people wanting to waste a perfectly good vacation on Sonja and her drinking issues.  I would say the same for hollow leg Ramona, no one should "worry" about her drinking.  

I

IMO, just mine, Sonja is getting back what she gave the other HWs. She used Heather for the nonexistent toaster oven and then spit on Heather for doing it. She slammed Josh/Kristen as well for his professional advice. She talked smack about LuAnn's clothing line, despite what she tries to say otherwise. And even with Ramona, she has not been there for Ramona during the cheating scandal or the separation from Mario but makes it all about HER divorce and HER woes instead. With Bethenny, she plays the "transference" card with her, "she is projecting her problems onto me". These women could just as easily wipe their hands free of Sonja but I do think they are coming from a place of wanting to help. She is out of control, not just on film/camera but during to off season as well and it will not end well if she continues on this path. Dorinda has zero investment in Sonja, zero history, so it is easy for her to down play Sonja's more dangerous behavior and give her advice to shut down the others concerns. JMO

• Love 10

.......................Her friends aren't calling her a whore randomly and out of hand, they're saying her inability to handle her liquor to the point where she doesn't remember and cannot control her behavior as a result is a problem.  But she's so too busy focusing on the delivery of the message when what's being said is far more crucial.

Talking to Sonja specifically about her drinking is exactly what Bethenny did in Atlantic City...................  [snipped for brevity]

............So fine here we are now weeks later and Sonja's blathering on about how unfair and mean her girlfriends are being and she, SONJA again turns to Bethenny for sympathy, who again tries to convey what Sonja is missing.   She did not walk into the conversation, actually Bethenny didn't say one word until Sonja engaged her.  The fact is this girl keeps turning to the only person who ever listens to her on any level, continues to talk past and on top of the advise she seeks and then shades her for it for good measure.   Fuck Sonja.  Bitch doesn't wanna hear it? Stop asking.

That's exactly the way I saw it too.  

I get that some people don't like Bethenny.  That's fine.  What I don't get is why anyone would say that Bethenny pounced on Sonja before dinner in the T&C.  She did not.  Sonja was looking for sympathy from Bethenny because (according to Sonja) the other women were "misinterpreting" her escapades.  We can debate whether or not it was appropriate for Bethenny to yell STFU or not.  I don't typically do that but I might if I were in a similar situation, i.e., someone looking to me to understand what is an entirely delusional interpretation and yet not hearing a word I said.  Whether it was right or wrong, based on the conversation at the dinner table, the other women were hoping Bethenny succeeded where they had failed.  LuAnn said she's tried but couldn't get through to Sonja and Heather applauded Bethenny's efforts.

• Love 6

I think that being pregnant that season helped too -- they did a flashback TH from either S3 or BGM? earlier this season, and her face was much fuller and softer. Hormones are amazing little bastards.

So is a little meat on her bones.  

• Love 1

In order to agree with this, I'd have to think Kelly is attractive. Never did. Ugly inside and out.

Bethenny, to me, is absolutely gorgeous! Great bone structure, eyes, hair, skin. Plus she dresses great. I don't read her blogs or suck up gossip about her or track her energy bars at TJ's. I watch this show and on this show, she is non-pareil! imo

I was just wondering because here and there during the course of one conversation or another the appearance of most of these housewives (non-fashionwise) have been mentioned and or defended. Ramona, Dorinda, Lu, Carole ya know in general and sometimes pointedly but so far not Beth this season. Her skinny state sure but other than that nothing. I think she's butt ugly so to me that explains some of the reasons why she acts the way she does towards some of these housewives. I also found it interesting that the boards have touched on all of the other women with regards to pretty/unpretty and I haven't seen Beth put under that particular microscope yet. It was just a random observation that came about because of the emphasis Beth has put on associating Kristen with being pretty but in a negative connotation. <shrug>

• Love 3

I was just wondering because here and there during the course of one conversation or another the appearance of most of these housewives (non-fashionwise) have been mentioned and or defended. Ramona, Dorinda, Lu, Carole ya know in general and sometimes pointedly but so far not Beth this season. Her skinny state sure but other than that nothing. I think she's butt ugly so to me that explains some of the reasons why she acts the way she does towards some of these housewives. I also found it interesting that the boards have touched on all of the other women with regards to pretty/unpretty and I haven't seen Beth put under that particular microscope yet. It was just a random observation that came about because of the emphasis Beth has put on associating Kristen with being pretty but in a negative connotation. <shrug>

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but IMHO Bethenny is far from being "butt ugly."    I don't think there's one HW across all the franchises that would fit into that category.  It's certainly not something Bravo looks for when casting a HW.   I think some are prettier than others but we each have our own view of what makes someone pretty.  I think LuAnn is the prettiest of all the NY HWs.   She has a softer, less "in your face" countenance than the others.

• Love 3

I don't understand how these are not intertwineable.  That's like saying hey my friends are sort of shitty for the judgment of pointing out that I wrapped my car around a utility pole when all of us make mistakes, but omitting the part that includes that this is my fourth DUI and were it not for my choice to overindulge in the initiating behavior, there wouldn't be a subsequent one.   Her friends aren't calling her a whore randomly and out of hand, they're saying her inability to handle her liquor to the point where she doesn't remember and cannot control her behavior as a result is a problem.  But she's so too busy focusing on the delivery of the message when what's being said is far more crucial.

Talking to Sonja specifically about her drinking is exactly what Bethenny did in Atlantic City.  When Sonja showed up at her door after another blackout morning, I'm gonna mess up the verbatim of it all but B actually said you cannot keep doing this, you can't keep going at this pace.  Not only did she express concern, she also told Sonja at that point, look, I get it you miss your former life and it was fabulous and change is awful and you may be sad or depressed or pissed or all of those but the answer to that is not self destruction.  Acknowledge how you feel and deal with that instead, I will help you if you like.   I'm not sure what other words need to be inolved to convey concern to a woman who's completely sober and has come looking for your advice.  Sonja's reaction to that was, whatever heffa don't none of that apply to me, at least I still live with my kid. 

So fine here we are now weeks later and Sonja's blathering on about how unfair and mean her girlfriends are being and she, SONJA again turns to Bethenny for sympathy, who again tries to convey what Sonja is missing.   She did not walk into the conversation, actually Bethenny didn't say one word until Sonja engaged her.  The fact is this girl keeps turning to the only person who ever listens to her on any level, continues to talk past and on top of the advise she seeks and then shades her for it for good measure.   Fuck Sonja.  Bitch doesn't wanna hear it? Stop asking.

Somebody who has something to do with Bravo programming has got to be a fan of these boards.  This weekend I caught up on episodes I'd never seen but the awesome part was, they weren't in marathon form, it was as though they'd been presented in order of our posts lol.

There was some awesome shit that I can confirm:

Apologies to anybody I asked to please give Ramona the benefit of the doubt re titty meat.  In St. Barths or St. John, I can't remember which, she says she's a 32C.  They look good there but not like the 36s she's walking around with now.  

Noodles are her tradition.    The same way Sonja's leopard one piece is her tradition.   That suit actually makes me more sad than Grey Gardens.

comatoast - I knew your screenname was hilarious but I never knew why.   #winning

The pirate booty episode was.....I die.   On a hot mic, Luanne blows her cover speaking the native language of her then boyfriend.  What the actual fuck?  Why did this relationship ever last longer than that episode?  And sorry to epi rewind but what the hell did she ever say in defense of that after evidence of it came out?   Luanne?  Eww girl.

One of the episodes I'd missed was Morocco dinner.   More Luanne - what is this girl's thing about getting people to eat? Lol.  She lost her shit when some of the girls were missing at dinner.  I was like hold up. If one person is late, that's their bad, but THREE people missed the dinner bell and she still thinks they were told and blew her off?  I mean yeah it's rude if intentional but they all said the same thing.   Anyway just after that there's a scene where she tells Ramona she's there for her about processing her feelings about what the fortune teller said about Mario having another woman.   Seriously, it's like the programmer was eavesdropping on our conversations lol.

Scary Island:  Ya'll my pressure was elevated all the way through this episode.  I must not have really remembered how much of a damn nutbag Kelly Killoran Bensimon was.   Bethenny delivered personalized gift bags full of SG stuff to everyone's door and this chick reacted by lying down on her bed and sobbing.  When Sonja recognizes that you are batshit crazy?  There are no more words.

Random:  Pedicure Fish.  I just want to say I walked by this in an airport about a month ago and I don't understand how anyone gets beyond the smell.   Passing it made me nauseous.

Wait maybe I'm missing something but wasn't Beth and Heather behind them? I see them having their own discussion behind Sonja and the girls and they aren't that close. How on earth did Beth end up right in front of Sonja. I thought Beth walked up to them either right when the girls decided to go sit down for dinner or right after they trotted away. I really could be wrong cause I don't remember Sonja calling Beth over or anything. How did Beth get close enough to now be about of the discussion or close enough to have Sonja start talking to her? I can't remember.

And not for nothing they were being mean. That information was thrown out there to shame Sonja just because. I mean it wasn't like she was having a dirty, down in the mud argument with them that they then decided unleash something fucked up in return. The women was just having a conversation with Ramona and because Ramona didn't want to have it about her anymore she said something fucked up (true or not) about Sonja just to be fucked up. Sonja attempted to defend herself against the point Ramona was trying to making which was that Sonja drops into bed with just anyone. Ramona was touching on how sexually free Sonja is which is who she is even while sober so when Sonja is trying to defend herself she's trying to defend her right to flirt and that it doesn't mean she sleeps with everyone at the drop of a hat. That's what Sonja was defending.

I object to how it conveniently turned into the oh "Sonja's drinking too much" after school special in order to justify the nastiness of the exchange between Ramona and Sonja and whoever else wanted to jump right into the example of the friend and the boyfriend. Regardless if there was a valid point in there, it wasn't relevant to how that topic even came up. Yeah, sure there was an opening to take the conversation to Sonja's drinking and reckless flirting and behavior but in my opinion that was a bit uncalled for. The premise for that conversation should not be materializing from a catty conversation that was being had just seconds before so I get why Sonja wouldn't be drinking that kool aide. Mind you, this isn't to suggest that she wouldn't have reacted the same way had that particular topic been brought up in a more control setting but when it comes to that particular interaction I'm not surprised or criticize Sonja's reaction to  how all that came out.

Oh and let me be clear. I think it's reprehensible that Sonja behaves the way she does. I would knock that bitch out in a NY minute if she was sniffing around my man like she does but I still didn't like the way her "friend" decided that she needed to basically call Sonja a whore because she was tired of being the focus of a conversation.

(edited)

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but IMHO Bethenny is far from being "butt ugly."    I don't think there's one HW across all the franchises that would fit into that category.  It's certainly not something Bravo looks for when casting a HW.   I think some are prettier than others but we each have our own view of what makes someone pretty.  I think LuAnn is the prettiest of all the NY HWs.   She has a softer, less "in your face" countenance than the others.

I've tried to apply my more evolved approach regarding "beauty" and "attractiveness" and for the life of me.. Can't do it. (I can't do it for Uma Thurman either although I think one time she was styled, makeup/hair in a way that I finally could see the glamour) Her face just offends me. I mean it just does. Kinda like the way Carole's overbite makes me feel like I've got 3D glasses on whenever she appears on my screen. Her face also makes me want to install photoshop on my TV (if I could) and just make her a little less.. uggghh. Lol..

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

Wait maybe I'm missing something but wasn't Beth and Heather behind them? I see them having their own discussion behind Sonja and the girls and they aren't that close. How on earth did Beth end up right in front of Sonja. I thought Beth walked up to them either right when the girls decided to go sit down for dinner or right after they trotted away. I really could be wrong cause I don't remember Sonja calling Beth over or anything. How did Beth get close enough to now be about of the discussion or close enough to have Sonja start talking to her? I can't remember.

And not for nothing they were being mean. That information was thrown out there to shame Sonja just because. I mean it wasn't like she was having a dirty, down in the mud argument with them that they then decided unleash something fucked up in return. The women was just having a conversation with Ramona and because Ramona didn't want to have it about her anymore she said something fucked up (true or not) about Sonja just to be fucked up. Sonja attempted to defend herself against the point Ramona was trying to making which was that Sonja drops into bed with just anyone. Ramona was touching on how sexually free Sonja is which is who she is even while sober so when Sonja is trying to defend herself she's trying to defend her right to flirt and that it doesn't mean she sleeps with everyone at the drop of a hat. That's what Sonja was defending.

I object to how it conveniently turned into the oh "Sonja's drinking too much" after school special in order to justify the nastiness of the exchange between Ramona and Sonja and whoever else wanted to jump right into the example of the friend and the boyfriend. Regardless if there was a valid point in there, it wasn't relevant to how that topic even came up. Yeah, sure there was an opening to take the conversation to Sonja's drinking and reckless flirting and behavior but in my opinion that was a bit uncalled for. The premise for that conversation should not be materializing from a catty conversation that was being had just seconds before so I get why Sonja wouldn't be drinking that kool aide. Mind you, this isn't to suggest that she wouldn't have reacted the same way had that particular topic been brought up in a more control setting but when it comes to that particular interaction I'm not surprised or criticize Sonja's reaction to  how all that came out.

Oh and let me be clear. I think it's reprehensible that Sonja behaves the way she does. I would knock that bitch out in a NY minute if she was sniffing around my man like she does but I still didn't like the way her "friend" decided that she needed to basically call Sonja a whore because she was tired of being the focus of a conversation.

They were all in the kitchen.   The camera that is our viewing lens is concentrating on Sonja, Ramona, Carole and just over Ramona's shoulder, Kristen.   Somebody (I don't know if it's Ramona) starts talking about dating.   If it's not clear right away, it becomes clear pretty quickly that Ramona does not want to include her own experience in this conversation.    Now here lemme say I agree with you on this, what followed next was pretty damn mean, period.  The thing is, I don't know anyone on this cast who knows (or should know) Ramona's true nature better than Sonja does at this point.  Shit even I know that if you push that nut, she will use every knife you've forgotten you've ever given her and shank you with it to get you up offa her.  I know that.  I'm sorry, I went all the way left, I'm supposed to be describing how Bethenny got in it lol.   Ramona's still talking, Kristen comes to her defense about dating.  Then, this is where I think she made her mistake, Sonja keeps talking about it and that's when they all whirl on her with bish you need to stop doling out dating advice when you treat your shit like a Staples easy button.  Sonja is justifiably stung from the blow, she turns, probably more in embarrassment than anything else and Bethenny is standing there, she was already in the kitchen and hadn't contributed to the conversation at all until Sonja asked.  They're all in the kitchen at the counter or island or something where everybody was gathered before dinner.   I don't think that anyone deserves to be treated this way by their friends.  But I am going to have to put friends in airquotes because these women have done this to her before and I agree with Dorinda, she stands by to cosign it.    I also don't think they set out to punish/gang up on her with some nasty barb about her life and behavior, but it's like she's her own straight man, she's constantly saying things to which a rational person would respond:  are you fuckin kidding me?    I also don't think they're using her behavior as an excuse to justify an intervention.  I truly believe they don't care if she's ho.  They might, however care how that hoishness comes to affect them.  They could've put it to her more kindly but just as she screams "nice doesn't work with you people" in an upcoming episode, we've seen that kind doesn't work with her.   And whatever point it was that she was trying to make, they were unanimous in telling her how wrong it was. 

• Love 4
(edited)

"I'm just trying to be constructive, because she seems to have alienated the other women at this point."

"Trying"? Then why did she tell the others that she actually succeeded?

Thing was Sonja was actually staying on topic which was, she was mad about what was said just then, that night and she wasn't happy with her friends judging her and trying to shame her in that moment.

Yeah, Beth was the one who asked Sonja to explain the deal, and when Sonja was doing just that, Beth interrupted and began to lose her shit. It's as if she cannot stand it if anyone else besides herself is holding the floor in any way.

I'm not sure how she meant it, and she might have been truly attempting to give good, positive advice, but it sounded like she was saying that Heather's company hasn't made it at this point.

That is how it sounded, which is rich given Heather has probably been doing her YT thing as long and successfully (in relative terms) as Beth and her SG stuff. (That there's apparently a failed SG shapewear line makes Beth's comment even more laughable.)

What got me was how Beth was so incapable of just saying "Thank you", as any non-asshole with an ounce of couth would do upon receiving a gift. Sonja was absolutely on the money when she said Beth has no manners.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 7

Yeah, someone upthread pointed out that this is the real Ramonja: they aren't friends in the way non-narcissists define friendship.  When the seer talked about Mario with another woman in Morocco, and Sonia freaked and cried, Ramona responded that her marriage was fine (nope) and that she unlike Sonja married close in her own age to a man she loved.  Now, every word of that is true, but only someone who doesn't like the ejected trophy wife says that to the ejected trophy wife.

They both are total shits and neither has true respect for the other.  Totally agree that the conversation only happened because nasty bitch Ramona didn't want the conversational focus on her at the time.  I hope Mario enjoys Ramona's new foobs in between his visits to his new girlfriends.

• Love 4

Then, this is where I think she made her mistake, Sonja keeps talking about it and that's when they all whirl on her with bish you need to stop doling out dating advice when you treat your shit like a Staples easy button.

LMFAO!! I had a LOL moment at my desk with this!

Thanks for the clarification I really couldn't remember how Bethenny ended up so close and the recipient of Sonja's defense.

• Love 1

Re watching.

Luann was sloppy drunk during the lobster tail dinner after stating she has the best sex of her life two days ago. The whole damn speech was said more like she trusted her facial expressions and her hands to tell it than she trusted her tongue. Cuz, boy was it slurring. Everyone around the table was listening to her rambling speech with the most awkward expressions haha

"I am poowwwehrrrfuwl on. My. Own. I don't . Needaman. Anymore." Ok Luann. Chardonnay love. Hahaha

Bethenny is a shit for shrieking SHUTTHEFUCK UP! within earshot of that beautiful dinner party. No excuse. Crude and so so rude. She was awful to Luann when L came over to break it up.

• Love 4

I have to laugh at Dorinda's blog, it posted today, http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-i-was-proud-of-sonja-for . She is starting to sound a bit like Sonja, her "reality/perception" is different than what we saw. She never really takes Ramona, Sonja or Bethenny to task for the shit they pull. She cuts Ramona all kinds of slack for going at Kristen in the hotel room at LuAnn's party then accuses the"others" of jumping Bethenny when she got there. The only 1 that started with Bethenny was Sonja by throwing Kristen to the wolves/Bethenny and then walking away. She calls ALL the HWs out on the T&C room debacle but it was only Ramona/Sonja that pulled that stunt, not the rest. AND, she is upset at ALL the others about confronting Sonja right before dinner, when it was mainly Ramona and Bethenny but she actually backs off in her critiques of them. LOL She will be in for a rude awakening if she comes back next season, Ramona and Sonja will throw her under the bus as soon as they realize that she is garnering more fans than they have collectively. LOL

• Love 2

1) I LOVED that Sonja got screwed by Ramona picking their room ... and they didn't have a bath tub. And did you hear how quickly Ramona just dismissed Sonja's priority of a bath tub..."Oh, you can do without it." Ramona: FU bitch!

2) The Beth conversation with Sonja only got so crazy because Sonja doesn't LISTEN. But what else i new.

3) LOVE Luann and Beth talking and laughing about Ramona, her bikini, and her high heels. it was soooo "OMG, look!" ,,,the way real women do.:)

4) WHY do some women INSIST on wearing bikinis. Personally I don't have the body for one (so there may be some jealousy there, I admit)....and I'm not saying they shouldn't wear them. Ramona CAN wear a bikini, but she does have a sort of round stomach. I remember distinctly that at Dorinda's Bershires dinner party, she and Sonja briefly compared their basketball bellies...and Ramona said "I don't have a basketball" Uh, Ramona -- yes, you do.

THANK YOU DORINDA...for wearing a ONE-PIECE bathing suit!

5) Ramona is a snobbish bitch...she was asked about her macrame dress. And she said it's from Michael Kors..."his high-end line." WHO CARES WHICH line it is. Michael Kors would have been enough. And Sonja is right there with her...with her remark about LuAnn's line being "for the masses, not the classes." They deserve each other.

• Love 6

1) I LOVED that Sonja got screwed by Ramona picking their room ... and they didn't have a bath tub. And did you hear how quickly Ramona just dismissed Sonja's priority of a bath tub..."Oh, you can do without it." Ramona: FU bitch!

It was such a bitch move. If Sonja were more than a faux-host of this thing, it would have been even more rude. She said the bathtub was the one thing on her wish list and Ramona didn't really care, and wouldn't even go and look at the room that Sonja preferred. 

I believe that Ramona lives her life with one simple rule - if she is happy than everyone else will be happy. I think that Mario followed that plan for a very long time. I also think that her friends are on board. When she was trying on Carole's silly shoes and said that she wanted them, Carole asked her why she should get to keep her shoes. Ramona said, "because it will make me happy". In her mind that is really all that matters. 

• Love 9

It was such a bitch move. If Sonja were more than a faux-host of this thing, it would have been even more rude. She said the bathtub was the one thing on her wish list and Ramona didn't really care, and wouldn't even go and look at the room that Sonja preferred. 

I believe that Ramona lives her life with one simple rule - if she is happy than everyone else will be happy. I think that Mario followed that plan for a very long time. I also think that her friends are on board. When she was trying on Carole's silly shoes and said that she wanted them, Carole asked her why she should get to keep her shoes. Ramona said, "because it will make me happy". In her mind that is really all that matters. 

This scene is still giggleworthy in my head.  Why didn't Sonja just stay in the room she was in?

if she is happy than everyone else will be happy. 

amending this statement to correspond with your final sentence - if she's happy, bafungu everyone else.

• Love 4

4) WHY do some women INSIST on wearing bikinis. Personally I don't have the body for one (so there may be some jealousy there, I admit)....and I'm not saying they shouldn't wear them. Ramona CAN wear a bikini, but she does have a sort of round stomach. I remember distinctly that at Dorinda's Bershires dinner party, she and Sonja briefly compared their basketball bellies...and Ramona said "I don't have a basketball" Uh, Ramona -- yes, you do.

I think Ramona has a bangin bod, but she'd look a lot better with a higher waisted bikini bottom. It's such a flattering look for anyone with a bit of a pooch, and it's all the rage now anyway thanks to Taylor Swift and her retro suits. 

In Dorinda's blog, she implies the "best sex" Lu ever had was with Jacques I think? 

• Love 2
(edited)

In Dorinda's blog, she implies the "best sex" Lu ever had was with Jacques I think? 

I think she is implying that Lu is in love, and that this is not a casual thing. She said this:

"Or Luann…after all, she’s apparently having great sex that makes her feel complete again. (Don’t tell her I said this, but it’s really simple: She’s in love. She’s still in love. That’s why it’s so fulfilling.)"

For some reason, we aren't hearing much about Lu's love life at this point, and Andy had said at the beginning of the season that we would. He said that the young dude we met at the beginning of the season would be seen again later on. I thought that the fact that Dorinda pointed out that Lu was in love at the time they were in T&C was interesting, as I believe she is one of the gals (along with Ramona) who brings some random guys back to their pad to party. I wonder if this is going to be a Pirate 2 situation? Lu is again in a committed relationship but wants to have some fun while out of town and gets called out for it. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I think she is implying that Lu is in love, and that this is not a casual thing. She said this:

"Or Luann…after all, she’s apparently having great sex that makes her feel complete again. (Don’t tell her I said this, but it’s really simple: She’s in love. She’s still in love. That’s why it’s so fulfilling.)"

For some reason, we aren't hearing much about Lu's love life at this point, and Andy had said at the beginning of the season that we would. He said that the young dude we met at the beginning of the season would be seen again later on. I thought that the fact that Dorinda pointed out that Lu was in love at the time they were in T&C was interesting, as I believe she is one of the gals (along with Ramona) who brings some random guys back to their pad to party. I wonder if this is going to be a Pirate 2 situation? Lu is again in a committed relationship but wants to have some fun while out of town and gets called out for it. 

Yeah the "still" in love made me think Jacques, but if there's some new young dude, maybe that's what she meant? 

Lu seems to enjoy open relationships. Wasn't it always implied she and the Count had one? I mean more power to her if she can handle it. 

• Love 1