Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

TV Line, Matt's Inside Line

Still crossing my fingers for Legends of Tomorrow renewal. Any scoop on Season 8, if there is one? –P.J.

If the show is renewed, Zari will indeed be sans her special abilities after handing over her totem to Nate in the Season 7 finale. “We don’t want her to have superpowers anymore,” co-showrunner Keto Keto Shimizu explained to TVLine. “It feels like Zari is a different kind of superhero and someone who’s going to have to discover a different kind of power that she’s already started tapping into [in Season 7]. Her incredible kindness and empathy, and her willingness to go above and beyond to help somebody in need, really is her superpower, and we want to show all the ways to celebrate that as her story continues. She’s not someone who needs to blow down doors or to send hurricanes after people — that didn’t feel right for her anymore — which is why she so willingly parts with it at the end of this season.”

• Love 1

TV Pet Peeves and Tropes: 25+ Things TV Needs to Stop Doing... Immediately!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 3 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-pet-peeves-tropes/

'BABE' ALERT!
Is it just us, or is suddenly both halves of every single couple, on every TV show, using “Babe” as the chosen term of endearment? Multiple times in a single, brief conversation? Legends of Tomorrow’s Ava and Sara regularly set per-episode records with this one. And now that we’ve pointed it out, you will notice nothing else. We’re also looking at you, Ghosts‘ Sam and Jay, This Is Us‘ Kate and Toby…

• Love 3
(edited)

LoT is one of the voting options in this poll (currently in 2nd place)...

Which Broadcast-TV 'Bubble' Shows Do YOU Most Want Saved? Cast Your Vote!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 8 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/cancelled-renewed-bubble-tv-show-list-2022-poll-vote/

In the poll below, you’ll find nearly three dozen scripted comedies and dramas currently “on the bubble.” After assessing these in-limbo options, cast your vote for up to FOUR (4) shows that you want to be renewed (even though most decisions may not come down until mid-May or in some cases later, for those with spring premieres). (THE POLL CLOSES FRIDAY, APRIL 15 at 9 am ET; S.W.A.T. was removed upon its April 8 renewal.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sara Lance might've been played by Anna Hopkins, and Amaya/Vixen might've been played by Ashanti...

Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles on The Originals, The O.C., Lost, One Tree Hill, True Blood and More
By Team TVLine / April 10 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-actors-almost-played-different-roles/

ARROW
As Anna Hopkins told TVLine in our Memories From the Set feature, she first auditioned to play Arrow‘s Sara Lance. The part went to Caity Lotz, but Hopkins was later brought in to read for the part of a “journalist”… which she eventually learned was code for Samantha Clayton, the mother of Oliver’s secret son William!
DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
As writer Tyron B. Carter shared on Twitter, the singer Ashanti — whose previous acting credits include Army Wives — auditioned for the role of Amaya aka Vixen, which eventually went to Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Bubble Watch 2022: Look At Every Broadcast Scripted Series That Has Not Been Renewed Yet, From ‘FBI’ & ‘9-1-1’ To ‘AMLT’, ‘Mr. Mayor’ & ‘Legacies’
By Nellie Andreeva   April 15, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/04/bubble-watch-2022-renewals-cancellations-broadcast-fbi-9-1-1-to-amlt-mr-mayor-legacies-1234998738/

Then there are the three remaining DC series, veteran Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and freshman Naomi, which will be in consideration alongside DC pilot Gotham Knights. Word is that about half of the four projects will make it to next season. Batwoman and Gotham Knights are set in a similar universe, so it is possible that one of them is picked up for next season. It will be a difficult decision on Legends of Tomorrow, which is getting old, currently in its seventh season, having gone through a string of cast changeovers. The CW’s President Mark Pedowitz is known for giving the network’s long-running series a proper goodbye, so a final season would be logical solution but, given the uncertainty over the CW’s ownership, the final decisions may not be the network’s to make.

Legacies Is the 'Bubble' Show You Most Want to See Renewed — Batwoman and Legends Slug It Out for No. 2 in Poll
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 15 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/04/15/legacies-season-5-renewed-cancelled-cw-bubble-show/

And as of Friday morning, when our poll closed with nearly 200,000 votes, it was Legacies — The CW’s second spinoff of The Vampire Diaries — that led the pack with a resounding 20.9 percent of your votes.
With The CW having far and away more “bubble” shows than ever for this time of year, it is perhaps no surprise that two more of the network’s dramas placed second and third in this year’s throwdown (which is where the real nail-biter took place): Batwoman (with 11 percent of the votes) and Legends of Tomorrow (with 10.9 percent).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Line it is Drawn: Renew Legends of Tomorrow
BY BRIAN CRONIN     APRIL 18, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/renew-legends-of-tomorrow-gallery/ 

In honor of the #RenewLegendsofTomorrow campaign, suggest comic book characters to join the Legends, presumably on a mission to get their show renewed.
I'll put them in alphabetical order based on the person who made the suggestion (with some exceptions).

line-4-15-3-legends-of-tomorrow-deadman. 
line-4-15-7-legends-of-tomorrow-infectio

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Thank you video from LoT writers and some cast members...

RENEW LEGENDS OF TOMORROW!
DC's Legends of Tomorrow Writers Room    Apr 18, 2022

Last week, the writers and actors of DC's Legends of Tomorrow ran an epic  Twitter campaign to convince the CW to renew the show for season 8. The fan engagement was incredible and meant so much to everyone who worked on the show. This is a special commemorating what this show means to us. It's also a thank you video to you, the fans, who this show wouldn't have gotten this far without.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Legends of Tomorrow/Arrowverse Crossover: Sara & Ava Moment & More
Ray Flook    April 22, 2022
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-arrowverse-crossover-sara-ava-moment-more/ 

Things kicked off on April 5th with Earth-Prime #1 (The CW's "Batwoman") and then pick back up on April 19th with Earth-Prime #2 (The CW's "Superman & Lois") before May brings Earth-Prime #3 (The CW's "DC's Legends of Tomorrow") on May 3rd and Earth-Prime #4 (The CW's "DC's Stargirl") on May 17th. From there, we head into June with Earth-Prime #5 (The CW's "The Flash") on June 7th before Earth-Prime #6 on June 21st brings our heroes together for an epic crossover conclusion. Each issue offers cover art by Kim Jacinto as well as photo variant covers based on each respective show. Now here's a look at the official rundown/overview for the limited series- yup, that's six issues since we now have the official cover artwork and overview for the penultimate issue. But that's not all! We now have previews for Earth-Prime #1 (The CW's "Batwoman") and Earth-Prime #2 (The CW's "Superman & Lois"). MAJOR SPOILERS ALERT! Don't scroll to the very end if you don't want to have the series' Big Bad spoiled for you:

Earth-Prime #3 (The CW's "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"): Written by Lauren Fields & Daniel Park with art by Paul Pelletier & Andrew Hennessy, this chapter finds Ray Palmer assembling the retired Legends for one last go-round after he learns Mick Rory's Necrian children have been kidnapped by a group of mysterious Necrian assassins. But is this universe-spanning mission really what it seems? Hold on to your Beebos, everyone!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Some live tweets from the LoT panel (with Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Jes Macallan and Maisie Richardson-Sellers) at Planet Comicon on Saturday...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Seven years is a good run and there's always the chance someone will show up on the Flash - Ray and Nora got the chance earlier this season.  Given the time travel shenanigans the various speedsters are up to you'd think the Legends would cross paths with them more often.

• Love 1

Well, damn!  I understand that logically having a seven season run is actually pretty good all things considering, but I was really hoping they would at least give it a final season to wrap things up.  Especially after that finale!  They brought in Booster Gold!!  And he was Donald Faison!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I do wonder if it at least has enough fan support to get picked up elsewhere or even just get a movie of some kind to wrap things up.  And, of course, there is always a shot that the characters could always end up on the D.C. shows that do manage to keep going.  But if this is truly the end, I will miss this crazy show and the characters: both current and from the past.  Hopefully everyone involved moves onto even bigger things.  Tala Ashe in particular should go on to be a huge freaking star, if I had any say in that matter.

Sniff!  Need to find a Beebo to cuddle!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Tala Ashe in particular should go on to be a huge freaking star, if I had any say in that matter.

For sure. I'm not holding my breath but I'd love to see LOT and Batwoman end up on HBO Max. Their respective writers rooms seem pretty sure there's no Hail Mary like Netflix picking up Lucifer so the best we can expect is to see a few characters on Flash or Superman & Lois. 

• Love 2

Just pretend the show ends the episode before the season 7 finale and be done with it. For a show I adored and for a universe that brought so much joy. Them killing Sara off without really do so just puts this whole experience as a waste of time. Ok not exactly. The seasons I adored and the episodes I loved will stay with me. So will my time with the Arrowverse fans. Thank you, you guys. 

No! God no!

This is frustrating news to end the day with. Yeah, The CW have to have new owners now if they're cancelling shows outright. 

I'm upset because this show really could have used a final season and the show has such a loyal fanbase. The network has been so good at giving their long-standing shows a chance to end on their own terms. So boo to the new owners for cancelling LOT. 

At least LOT got to end on a high note (season 7 was incredible) but I am still so upset.

• Love 4

Dammit. I knew the odds were grim, but I still wanted to believe there was hope of some kind of wrap-up. If this had happened a year ago, it would've been a much easier pill to swallow—Hell and space aliens took the show too far from its roots. But I really enjoyed the 1920s and came to realize how much I love this iteration of the cast, including Gwyn and human Gideon, so this is tough. I was looking forward to seeing what Donald Faison would bring to the show.

Since I have no choice but to look on the bright side: At least I won't have to hear "co-captain" again. And Bishop can stay really, truly dead now. 

Remembering them this way.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0e1ad358b18cbefd6753fd5467b5afdf.jpg

• Love 5

I feel for the actors losing their jobs. Hopefully they find something better. I am not sad it got canceled though. I haven't enjoyed this show since season 3. And I'm glad I won't have to see whatever stupid pregnancy storyline they had in store for Sara. 

• Love 10

Well, fuck.

Even with the clunkiness of the last few seasons, it was basically pizza . . . always good. And given the first season, that in itself was a feat.

We’re not going to get closure, are we? Give us 5-6 episodes. Hell, do a timeskip so we don’t get Pregnant Sara Wackiness.

Seriously, Gary stopped getting on my nerves. Why cancel the show now?!? 😡 

• Love 1

Sad that it’s been canceled but as it’s been said, it got 7 seasons, which is a minor miracle given how dire that first season was and how much they changed cast members. But I agree a short final season would have been nice. It doesn’t seem like a sale of the network has been agreed on yet, but the current owners might be hedging their bets

New owners not messing around! For me it had become a hot mess at least 2 years ago and I hadn't watched in ages but I actually assumed they'd give it some sort of proper send off. Oh well guess I don't have to hear about Ava becoming sole Captain whilst Sara's pregnant. 

I assume if there was much chance of HBO Max that would have been worked out before the announcement. 

Seven years is pretty amazing for this show though. 

Damn it! I knew it wasn't looking good but I was really hoping Legends would get one final season. The show more than deserved it. I usually don't get wound up anymore when a favorite show of mine gets canceled but this one hurts. Legends is the only show I stillwatched on network television (and I use that term loosely when it comes to the CW) and it's one of favorite shows in general. It was a perfect show to either begin or end your day with.

I've been a fan of time travel stories since I first saw Back to the Future so this show had my interest as soon as it was announced. I know the first season gets a lot of hate but I still like it. The premise was epic and you had cast members like Wentworth Miller who had a great character arc.

After Season 2, Legends embraced the batshit crazy and it became a great show. Sara became captain of the Waverider. It was always a blast and it impressed me that even when it had a dry spell, the show would bounce back and become a better program year after year. I enjoyed the show more and more ans still looked forward to the next season. I never lost interest in it, unlike Arrow and The Flash. I tried watching an episode of The Flash this year and it was a chore.

The penultimate episode of Legends definitely would have made for a perfect series finale. But I enjoyed what is now the series finale and wanted to see what they had planned for Season 8.

I'm hoping that this decision will be reversed or that Legends will end up on HBO Max but I doubt it. Best that we can hope for is that their story gets a proper ending on The Flash. It's certainly possible...I remember Millenium getting to wrap up It's storyline on The X-Files.aybe that will happen. We'll see.

Thank you to the cast and crew of Legends of Tomorrow for providing me with many, many hours of enjoyment and the best of luck in the future.

Praise Beebo!

• Love 4

Dang it. Out of all the Arrowverse shows, this was the only one that I stuck with. From beginning to now the end. Honestly think it was the fact they never took themselves seriously as opposed to the other shows. And I was looking forward to next season. Booster Gold seemed like fun and I was genuinely looking forward to seeing what they did with Gwyn and Alun. I felt Season 7 course corrected the show after the lacklustre alien season.

I guess the upside is I won't have to listening to Babe being uttered 100 times in 60 minutes once a week.

I'm gonna miss this little crazy show.

• Love 1

It wasn't wise to end a 7th season on a cliffhanger, especially after Supergirl ended. Maybe the cliffhanger was a network mandate?

I will miss this show. I hope one of the Legends shows up on The Flash next season. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:12 AM, Oreo2234 said:

It wasn't wise to end a 7th season on a cliffhanger, especially after Supergirl ended. Maybe the cliffhanger was a network mandate?

I will miss this show. I hope one of the Legends shows up on The Flash next season. 

Showrunner Keto Shimizu blames herself for that cliffhanger ending. As she put it, she was playing chicken with the cancellation -- and she lost.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

This is one of the shows I missed when it first premiered, but I plan to watch at some point.  It is so frustrating when a series ends in a cliffhanger, and without a pre-planned final season.  Now that so many shows are binged after the fact, it affects the long-term satisfaction of watching a series.  Though of course, shows that find out last minute they are cancelled and devote the last 20 minutes to a "finale" might still be unsatisfying, but at least it's something.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I mean....this is the first time TheCW has outright canceled a tenured show in over 10 years...so I dont blame him.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I mean....this is the first time TheCW has outright canceled a tenured show in over 10 years...so I dont blame him.

Really? Really?!? Aside from Batwoman, no CW series has ever been canceled?!?

And then I remember Smallville got ten seasons, and I get more upset.

Could a thread be set up on ways the series could have concluded? I had an idea involving Gary and the Linear Men.

Edited by Lantern7
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Really? Really?!? Aside from Batwoman, no CW series has ever been canceled?!?

And then I remember Smallville got ten seasons, and I get more upset.

Could a thread be set up on ways the series could have concluded? I had an idea involving Gary and the Linear Men.

Tenured. Yes. 

The Carrie Diaries was the last show to make it to a 2nd season and get canceled. After that. if you didnt get canceled after the first season, you got a minimum of 4 seasons with the last season being billed from the beginning as the final season. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

It makes sense, really. The show was allowed to be wonderfully bug nuts because no one was paying attention to it, because it was always seen as the outcast of the DC shows. What was a blessing for it for the vast majority of its run is also what made it end without being given proper consideration and fair notice.

It annoys me that The Flash somehow got a ninth season, but Legends got the axe. Horses for courses, but imo, if The Flash can get another season, this show certainly should have.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
5 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

It annoys me that The Flash somehow got a ninth season, but Legends got the axe. Horses for courses, but imo, if The Flash can get another season, this show certainly should have.

How is it unfair that The Flash gets a 9th season when its the Top 3 show on the network compared to Legends that is #7?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How is it unfair that The Flash gets a 9th season when its the Top 3 show on the network compared to Legends that is #7?

I explicitly said "horses for courses" and "imo"? I also never said something was unfair. Personally, I think The Flash is not as good as Legends, and I've always thought that. So, imo, if The Flash can get another season, Legends was certainly good enough to.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I explicitly said "horses for courses" and "imo"? I also never said something was unfair. Personally, I think The Flash is not as good as Legends, and I've always thought that. So, imo, if The Flash can get another season, Legends was certainly good enough to.

I'm not stating that you are speaking for everyone so the "imo" isn't needed. Stating that The Flash got another season so LoT certainly should have is exactly what I was referring to. There was no reason to get defensive over it.

• Love 1
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I'm not stating that you are speaking for everyone so the "imo" isn't needed. Stating that The Flash got another season so LoT certainly should have is exactly what I was referring to. There was no reason to get defensive over it.

Then I'm not understanding your point. I didn't mention anything was unfair, or talk about ratings or anything like that. That's why I got defensive; coming back at someone with stats when they offer their opinion comes across like you're telling me my opinion was wrong, or that I said something I hadn't.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Showrunner Keto Shimizu blames himself for that cliffhanger ending. As he put it, he was playing chicken with the cancellation -- and he lost.

That was stupid then. And it's the one thing that actually makes me upset. 7 Seasons is a good run for a show and I'm not bothered it ends on principle but that it ends on a stupid Cliffhanger. At best they can get a "conclusion" on Flash, with what I'm guessing would be a few throwaway lines on the side  

If the CW was still operating normally, ir would have gotten a final Season easy but not only is the network up for sale but Warner Bros itself has been just undergone a merger. Which I think is the reason for this particular decision and not New CW owners. Zaslav is cleaning house. 

And the writing was on the wall for CW not being in a normal state anymore since the sale got announced. It was not the time to think you can beat the system 

Oh well, it was a fun show overall and one that I thought was pretty great during Seasons 2 and 3 with some highpoints and great characters afterwards as well. Fare thee well, Legends.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

At best they can get a "conclusion" on Flash, with what I'm guessing would be a few throwaway lines on the side  

Eric Wallace is definitely the kind of person to try and make this happen, whether the "conclusion" will be good or satisfying is a whole other matter.

• Love 1