Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

288. Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, Legends, Green Lantern)
Hall of Justice (Seth Everett)    June 8, 2022
https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/288-marc-guggenheim-arrow-legends-green-lantern/id1441260132?i=1000565903402 

-- On expanding into the Arrowverse, MG: "It was never planned out as this massive thing. It was brick by brick... There was no, oh, we''re gonna do this, we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this. It was like, Greg had the idea of, like, you know, I want to do a Flash show... The Flash has always been Greg's favorite character... And that was it... Arrow and Flash. ... And then, the next thing that happened is ... It's funny, a lot of these conversations just sort of start with someone at the studio or network going like, what about this? ... We'd been having our own internal conversations about this, so it's funny that it sort of paralleled. But Mark Pedowitz at The CW sort of like, he looked at like... he looked at sort of the shows and he's like, you're got all these characters that you've established... By this time, we had Season 4 of Arrow, Season 3 of Flash... We had Captain Cold and we had Heatwave. We had, you know, Canary. We had, you know, the Atom... You start to look at all these characters and you go, that's a potential show there... That's how Legends of Tomorrow happened."

-- On the origin of Legends of Tomorrow, and how it changed from what it originally was to what it became, MG: "Basically, when The CW said, we'd like a third show, we originally were developing a Hawkman and Hawkwoman show. It started out as basically like a two-hander spinoff. ... Our problem was, the more we talked about it, the more we realized, what's different about this from Flash or Arrow? And the answer was, not enough... It wasn't different enough to justify its own show. Meanwhile, you know, Mark Pedowitz is doing the same math we are, which is, there is a group of heroes and villains that have been populating, you know, Arrow and Flash for a number of years at this point. Why not do an ensemble? ... We haven't done a superhero ensemble. Quite frankly, no one had done a superhero ensemble on television. Um, and that got us very excited. ... Let me rephrase your question... Why does Legends Season 1 suck so badly and how did you know to change it in Season 2? ... I actually don't think Season 1 sucks... I do think this. Um, in normal course of business, especially in network television, you do a pilot and the pilot shows you everything. The pilot shows you what's working, what's not working, oh, that scene plays really well, that doesn't play the way we thought it would, and, you know, this actor is great, this actor's really weak... You do the pilot. You take a break. And then you design the series off of the pilot. Um, we didn't do that. Um, we went straight to series with Legends. So that moment of post-mortem self-reflection didn't come at the end of Episode 1. It came at the end of Season 1. And the whole reason Season 1 and Season 2 and beyond are so different from each other is because of that conversation. Like, what's working, what's not working. Um, and we very intentionally sort of retooled the show in Season 2, um, really to match what was working, you know, and steering away from what wasn't working... So that's the reason why, if you were to watch those two seasons back to back, you'd be like, what the hell happened there? ... Again, I think Season 1 is often unfairly maligned... To me, the way I would sort of sum up the epiphany that we had was, we thought we were doing The Avengers when what we had was Guardians of the Galaxy." He subsequently denied any focus group influence and said: "It was us going, what works and what doesn't.... I always say like, as zany as Season 2 and beyond are, and they definitely got zanier, was, the DNA is in the first episode. That bar fight scene to 'Love Will Keep Us Together' ... like, that's the show. That's where the show, you know, is at its best... And, yeah, the show sort of evolved and got zanier as it went - very much to the good... Actually, one of the things I love about Legends is, I love shows that evolve and change... Again, you learn things, you try things... I hate shows that are frozen in amber... I don't have a need to watch those shows, because episode essentially becomes the same."

On 6/12/2022 at 5:09 PM, tv echo said:

288. Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, Legends, Green Lantern)
Hall of Justice (Seth Everett)    June 8, 2022
https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/288-marc-guggenheim-arrow-legends-green-lantern/id1441260132?i=1000565903402 

-- On expanding into the Arrowverse, MG: "It was never planned out as this massive thing. It was brick by brick... There was no, oh, we''re gonna do this, we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this. It was like, Greg had the idea of, like, you know, I want to do a Flash show... The Flash has always been Greg's favorite character... And that was it... Arrow and Flash. ... And then, the next thing that happened is ... It's funny, a lot of these conversations just sort of start with someone at the studio or network going like, what about this? ... We'd been having our own internal conversations about this, so it's funny that it sort of paralleled. But Mark Pedowitz at The CW sort of like, he looked at like... he looked at sort of the shows and he's like, you're got all these characters that you've established... By this time, we had Season 4 of Arrow, Season 3 of Flash... We had Captain Cold and we had Heatwave. We had, you know, Canary. We had, you know, the Atom... You start to look at all these characters and you go, that's a potential show there... That's how Legends of Tomorrow happened."

-- On the origin of Legends of Tomorrow, and how it changed from what it originally was to what it became, MG: "Basically, when The CW said, we'd like a third show, we originally were developing a Hawkman and Hawkwoman show. It started out as basically like a two-hander spinoff. ... Our problem was, the more we talked about it, the more we realized, what's different about this from Flash or Arrow? And the answer was, not enough... It wasn't different enough to justify its own show. Meanwhile, you know, Mark Pedowitz is doing the same math we are, which is, there is a group of heroes and villains that have been populating, you know, Arrow and Flash for a number of years at this point. Why not do an ensemble? ... We haven't done a superhero ensemble. Quite frankly, no one had done a superhero ensemble on television. Um, and that got us very excited. ... Let me rephrase your question... Why does Legends Season 1 suck so badly and how did you know to change it in Season 2? ... I actually don't think Season 1 sucks... I do think this. Um, in normal course of business, especially in network television, you do a pilot and the pilot shows you everything. The pilot shows you what's working, what's not working, oh, that scene plays really well, that doesn't play the way we thought it would, and, you know, this actor is great, this actor's really weak... You do the pilot. You take a break. And then you design the series off of the pilot. Um, we didn't do that. Um, we went straight to series with Legends. So that moment of post-mortem self-reflection didn't come at the end of Episode 1. It came at the end of Season 1. And the whole reason Season 1 and Season 2 and beyond are so different from each other is because of that conversation. Like, what's working, what's not working. Um, and we very intentionally sort of retooled the show in Season 2, um, really to match what was working, you know, and steering away from what wasn't working... So that's the reason why, if you were to watch those two seasons back to back, you'd be like, what the hell happened there? ... Again, I think Season 1 is often unfairly maligned... To me, the way I would sort of sum up the epiphany that we had was, we thought we were doing The Avengers when what we had was Guardians of the Galaxy." He subsequently denied any focus group influence and said: "It was us going, what works and what doesn't.... I always say like, as zany as Season 2 and beyond are, and they definitely got zanier, was, the DNA is in the first episode. That bar fight scene to 'Love Will Keep Us Together' ... like, that's the show. That's where the show, you know, is at its best... And, yeah, the show sort of evolved and got zanier as it went - very much to the good... Actually, one of the things I love about Legends is, I love shows that evolve and change... Again, you learn things, you try things... I hate shows that are frozen in amber... I don't have a need to watch those shows, because episode essentially becomes the same."

I actually like s1, but I love s2 even more. For me what works for some does not work for others. The reality is that many people stopped watching after the Beeboo finale in s3, because they were there for the superhero stories of the characters they liked, not for zanny campy silliness and watching whether the actors have limits. Yes maybe some critics praise the show now, but it is not critics who watch the show. And lets be honest, the biggest buzz online for this show is from shippers, and shippers are predictable, give them a couple and they go crazy. The show has so many characters, that it explored much more than Ava for example, but these characters are always on the background for the online crowd. Remove the online shippers and the critics and you have a show that lost half of it's viewers from s2. The problem here is that they didn't know how to write a superhero assembly how, that has no love triangles, and just pure action for more than one season. All they had to do is write about the great characters they had in the beginning: hey had Atom, Canary, HeatWave, Firestorm and they barely wrote stories for these characters. And the idea that they do not want to be a comics show is a lie, because the moment they got Constantine they turned the show into a Constantine show and had no problem to explore his comics stories

• Love 3
(edited)

From LoT panel (with Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Jes Macallan) at Planet Comicon in Kansas City on April 23...

PCCKC Legends Panel Part 1
Alie Black   Jun 12, 2022

PCCKC Legends Panel Part 2

PCCKC Legends Panel Part 3

Edited by tv echo

I only transcribed a few of CL's comments from the above video clips...

-- CL: "At the beginning of Legends, yes. I think I had a hard time letting go of that dark Sara, um, because I liked - I did like her a lot. I liked how guarded she was, and tough and tortured. Um, and I love heavy drama... In the beginning, I was like, guys, that's why everyone loves Sara... We don't want to lose that essence of who she is. She is this, like, super strong and dark character. And then it just - the show kept getting lighter and lighter and lighter. And I think I was a little worried about losing the thing that everyone loved about Sara. But, over time, somehow I think - you know, Sara grew. She had to grow, as a character, as a, you know, person. And... it worked. So I think... I really enjoyed towards the end, getting to lean into the comedy a little bit more."

-- On whether she got to take home her superhero suit, CL: "You know, I didn't actually ask for it. I want the black one. But also, where am I going to put that? I have a very small house... Just have a big glass case."

-- CL: "'We're going to kill you off. You're done.' And then it was like, it's done, bye. They weren't like, 'Don't worry, because there's something else.' They were like, 'So sorry, bye.' Don't let the door hit you on the way out... And then it turned into Legends... I don't know if they knew. Honestly, I don't even know if they had that plan or it just kinda happened. I think Sara Lance was just this really amazing cockroach that you can't kill."

-- On what Legends Season 7 Sara would tell Arrow Season 2 Sara, CL: "I think she'd say, 'I know it sucks right now and I know it hurts, but it's gonna get better. And it's gonna get so much better. And you're going to be happier than you ever could've imagined you could be.' This is the same thing I would tell anybody that's struggling out there. It'll get better, I promise. It gets better."

• Love 1
On 6/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, tv echo said:

I only transcribed a few of CL's comments from the above video clips...

-- CL: "At the beginning of Legends, yes. I think I had a hard time letting go of that dark Sara, um, because I liked - I did like her a lot. I liked how guarded she was, and tough and tortured. Um, and I love heavy drama... In the beginning, I was like, guys, that's why everyone loves Sara... We don't want to lose that essence of who she is. She is this, like, super strong and dark character. And then it just - the show kept getting lighter and lighter and lighter. And I think I was a little worried about losing the thing that everyone loved about Sara. But, over time, somehow I think - you know, Sara grew. She had to grow, as a character, as a, you know, person. And... it worked. So I think... I really enjoyed towards the end, getting to lean into the comedy a little bit more."

How did Sara grew when they changed her essence? You can not make a character develop if you just completely change who this character is. I think Caity had said it better: they did changed the character but played it as if she grew. My biggest question is why couldn't Sara continue to be more layered in her emotions and have more dark moments when losing her father, or getting blind, or being killed and cloned, but Constantine was allowed tones of dark plot lines?

(edited)

10 Episodes From The Arrowverse That Broke Our Hearts
BY AIMEE MILLS     JULY 6, 2022
https://collider.com/episodes-from-the-arrowverse-that-broke-our-hearts/ 

'Legends of Tomorrow' Season 1, Episode 15 - "Destiny"
There's something so gutwrenching when a villain-turned-hero dies after sacrificing themselves for the people around them. This early episode of DCs Legends of Tomorrow saw the loss of a long-time member of the Arrowverse who had become quite the fan-favorite character.

Leonard Snart, AKA Captain Cold, started his Arrowverse journey in season one of The Flash as the partner in crime to Mick Rory, AKA Heatwave, where he eventually became somewhat of an ally to Barry in his antics as the Scarlett Speedster, before joining the Legends alongside Mick. To destroy the Oculus, someone must remain in contact with it to do so, and while Mick initially chooses to stay after knocking Ray unconscious, Snart ultimately knocks him out and sacrifices himself for the team. Leonard goes out as a true hero with some final words to send a shiver down your spine even to this day. "There are no strings on me."
'Legends of Tomorrow' Season 3, Episode 8 - "Crisis On Earth X, Part 4"
The fourth annual CW-Verse crossover started on a sweet note, with everyone preparing for Barry and Iris' wedding. But, from our years of experience, nothing happy lasts for very long in this multiverse. The crossover toyed with our emotions on multiple levels, from a Leonard Snart doppelganger known as Citizen Cold to a world where the Nazis won.

In a devastating twist at the end of part three, Firestorm splits so they can use their skills, but it heartbreakingly results in Martin getting shot. Stein makes the ultimate sacrifice when Jax starts to experience the fallout from getting shot due to their connection, so Martin drinks the serum so that Jax can live, succumbing to his wounds after a gut-wrenching final chat with Jax. From losing this beloved character to Jax breaking the news to his wife and daughter, we were heartbroken. We weren't ready to say farewell to the grandfather of the Arrowverse.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2022 at 3:41 AM, tv echo said:

Legends of Tomorrow' Season 1, Episode 15 - "Destiny"

Snart was only in one season?? Holy crap, my memory always thought he survived 2 seasons.

From Megacon Orlando on May 21...

Caity Lotz & Jes MaCallan - Legends of Tomorrow - AvaLance - Full Q&A Panel - MegaCon 2022
1BrokeGamerGirl    Jul 9, 2022

-- On when she fully owned her character, Caity Lotz: "There's different iterations of it because I think like Sara had to do that on Arrow, um, and find who she was... I loved how strong she was and kind of guarded and tough... And then when we did Legends, it was like [unintelligible word] a completely new character because all of a sudden all the lines and stuff, even in the pilot where I was like, Sara would never say this... Sara did not joke on Arrow. Sara was not like, heh, heh, heh, on Arrow at all. She was like dark. ... She was really, really dark and not - there was no - there wasn't humor. But Arrow was dark. And so it's just a different show. And that - that was interesting to find. And I don't know when - when I found it? I'm not sure. ... So I don't know. A lot of possibilities, though."

-- On whether she felt, when she joined Legends, that she was surrounded by a creative team that really "got" her and knew what she was capable of, CL: "No... Not like in a mean way, but there was a lot of characters and they were just trying to figure out what they were doing with the show. Um, and I think it was hard for me because I liked Sara on Arrow. And everybody - like, the fans loved Sara on Arrow. And all of a sudden they're like, yeah, but now we're gonna do something - like a different - and I was like... but we love this version. Like, this version works. Why are we doing something different? Like, why are we changing her? Um, but it - it was fun to kind of meld the two and make it feel like they could still be the same character."

-- On her favorite story arc, CL: "I loved the story arc for Sara on Arrow when we first kind of met her and really got to see, uh, the flashback stuff and when the League of Assassins were coming back for her and with Nyssa, like finding out about that whole thing. I think there was some really... just, you know, just so tortured. And it was such a cool storyline. So I quite liked that storyline the best, I think."

-- On how she felt her character evolved from Arrow to the ending of Legends of Tomorrow, CL: "I think you guys know... It's one of those things that's so much that it's kind of hard to put into words. But I think we just went from somebody who was a total lone wolf, um, and somebody who didn't like themself very much, and she grew into somebody who - I think, the thing that she learned was to not think about herself so much. I think, before it was like all about herself in a like down, dark way and - and, you know, she pushed everyone away. And so she just in this all the time. And then when she became the captain of the Waverider and started taking care of everybody else and, um, connecting with other people and having stuff that's outside of her beyond her, it kind of freed her from - from all of that stuff, because she just learned how to be of service to others, I think."

-- On her favorite episode and/or scene, CL: "It's easier for me to pick a favorite episode from Arrow because I didn't do as many... I think it was Season 2, episode 5... There was a lot of good stuff with Sara and her dad... That was probably my favorite episode... Yeah."

• Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow: Astra and Zari Teach Behrad to 'Do the (Psycho) Robot' in Deleted Final-Season Scene
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 16 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/07/16/legends-of-tomorrow-deleted-final-season-7-scene-behrad-astra-zari/ 

Behrad posing as his psychopathic “robo-clone” required a bit of rehearsal, as revealed in this deleted scene from DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s seventh and final season.

In the clip above — from Season 7’s 11th episode, “Rage Against the Machines” — Behrad (played by Shayan Sobhian) is getting ready to impersonate his robot clone and board the Waverider, with the intention of luring the other robo-clones into entering the mansion.
This deleted scene is among the extras from DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Seventh and Final Season, available on Blu-ray and DVD this Tuesday, July 19. Both the Blu-ray and DVD sets feature all 13 episodes from what turned out to be Legends‘ farewell run, plus this deleted scene and others, a gag reel, and the featurette “Captain at the Helm: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow 100th Episode.”

LoT showrunner Keto Shimizu will be part of this panel at SDCC...

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule 

Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed
Friday, July 22, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and showrunners Keto Shimizu (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Mickey Fisher (Reverie), Kira Snyder (The Handmaid's Tale), Deric Hughes (Quantum Leap), and executive David Sigurani (EVP, AfterShock Media) discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner’s mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a Q&A component, so bring your questions.

Deleted scene from Season 7 finale...

Nate & Zari Face Off In Legends Of Tomorrow Season 7 Finale [EXCLUSIVE CLIP]
BY ANDY BEHBAKHT   PUBLISHED 5 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-7-exclusive-clip/ 

In the aired version of the Legends of Tomorrow season 7 finale, Nate finished one last mission at the cost of his Steel powers. As he could no longer serve on the field, Nate retired from being a superhero and decided to leave the team - but still be close by, so to speak. In "Knocked Down, Knocked Up," Nate decides to live with Tala Ashe's original Zari (who lives inside the Air Totem) and is last seen going inside it, marking Zano's final scene on Legends of Tomorrow.

However, what viewers didn't get to see was a cut scene, which Screen Rant is excited to share exclusively, of Zari reuniting with Nate inside the Air Totem and learning what he plans to do about Gwyn. In the scenario where Legends of Tomorrow had been renewed by The CW for season 8, it's unclear how the show would have tackled their relationship, given Zano's departure from the series. Check out the full scene below, which is bound to pull many Legends of Tomorrow fans' heartstrings.

Legends of Tomorrow 7.13: Knocked Down, Knocked Up [EXCLUSIVE CLIP]
Screen Rant Plus    Jul 15, 2022

(edited)

Go to article link to watch video...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Check Out the Season 7 Gag Reel (Exclusive)
By RUSS BURLINGAME - July 18, 2022
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-check-out-the-season-7-gag-reel-exclusive/ 

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive first look at the gag reel from tomorrow's DVD and Blu-ray release of DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Seventh Season. Set to the tune of "Future Favorite" and featuring a few behind-the-scenes glimpses of Donald Faison's Booster Gold, the gag reel features one of the biggest casts of any piece of Legends footage ever officially release, if only because the 100th episode allows for things like Falk Hentschel showing up, giving fans a chance to see Hawkman crack a smile for once.
Everyone's favorite Super Heroes need to get back to the future as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Seventh and Final Season on Blu-ray and DVD July 19, 2022. DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Seventh and Final Season features all 13 epic episodes with special features including deleted scenes and a gag reel. The set is priced to own at $24.98 SRP for the DVD ($29.98 in Canada) and $29.98 for the Blu-ray ($39.99 in Canada) and is also available to own on Digital via purchase from all major digital retailers.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I still love Caity's responses 

What's your favorite scene on Lengends? I don't know there are too many.

What's your favorite scene on Arrow? Season 2, episode 5 and goes in detail about why. 

That really shows what show meant more to her. Lol I'm sure LoT was fun to film but I think as an actress it was boring since there was no challenge.  Sara was an afterthought from s3 on. The biggest challenge was probably trying to sound like Shatner for the star trek parody. Otherwise all she would do nothing but talk about how amazing Ava is. 

• Love 3

Video of Brandon Routh's Aug. 7 panel at Superhero Car Show & Comic Con (San Antonio, TX)...

Brandon Routh Full Comic-Con Panel | Countdown City Geeks
Countdown City Geeks   Aug 18, 2022

• Love 1

Video of Aug. 21 panel with Matt Ryan and Paul Blackthorne at Wales Comic Con...

Arrowverse Panel (Matt Ryan & Paul Blackthorne) - Wales Comic Con: Homecoming - Aug 2022
Geektown    Aug 22, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From Avalance panel at Fan Expo Canada on Aug 27...

From Katrina Law & Bridget Regan panel at ClexaCon on Aug. 28...

From Avalance panel at ClexaCon on Aug 28...

Edited by tv echo

There was a LoT panel with Arthur Darvill and Olivia Swann at Dragon Con on Friday (Sep. 2) - here's an article about it...

The Beginning and the End: Legends of Tomorrow
Kelly McCorkendale September 3, 2022
https://www.dragoncon.org/dailydragon/2022/the-beginning-and-the-end-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

On Friday at 1PM, Arthur Darvill and Olivia Swann met in the Marriott Atrium Ballroom to talk about Legends of Tomorrow, which ended its seven-season run earlier this year. Moderated by Kevin Bachelder, the panel fielded audience questions and talked about the joy of hopping time in the Waverider with a changing cast on a show that embraced diversity.

Bachelder kicked things off, asking Swann and Darvill how they found their way into the Arrowverse. Swann had just finished drama school, and a theatre tour, when she landed the audition and nabbed the role of Astrid Logue within days. She called the show—which was her first TV job post-school—a “wonderful playground” with “wonderful people” where she learned so much.

Darvill, too, was doing theatre when he got the call to audition, which he did twice: once with an American accent and once with his natural British accent. He didn’t know much about the show then, but when he was told it was a time travelling show, and that they wanted a seven-year commitment, he had to think about it. Darvill, who portrayed Rory Williams on Doctor Who from 2010–2012, wasn’t so sure he wanted to play a time traveler again until he felt he would “get to stretch [his] legs in a different way,” which is what mattered to him about Rip Hunter, a role he played from 2016–2018.
The audience asked fun questions about favorite comic book character, Legends character, and time machine. Swann said she’d jump at a chance to play Poison Ivy while showing off her tattoo of the famous DC villain, wouldn’t mind being in Smallville, that she liked her second iteration of Astra the best, and, of course, prefers the Waverider—calling it dope—over that other infamous spaceship known as the TARDIS. Darvill loves The Sandman comic book in general, would like to play Link in a Legend of Zelda adaptation, and, at first, refused to pick a favorite ship. While the Waverider was his ship (in that he captained her), he pointed out that the TARDIS was his first time-travel vehicle. “I loved all the stuff you could play with,” he said of the Waverider, before changing his mind. “Gonna say TARDIS.” He recounted how Doctor Who star Matt Smith snuck him in to see the set before he got the role of Rory.

Darvill said filming Legends was “like being in a fever dream,” due to the crazy storylines and speed of filming, as episodes were shot in 8 days and in succession. He recalled being on a horse that was charging and the sheer absurdity of filming that scene, as he had very little experience riding a horse, especially one that was running. Swann talked about the numerous episodes in seasons 6 and 7 that were crazy to film, including one about reality TV, one where everyone was a robot, and an animated one. But for her, singing in an episode was anxiety inducing. Darvill chimed in, saying even musical theatre icon Victor Garber was nervous to sing on the show.

While Darvill kept all his socks and boots from the show, Swann took nothing, saying she wanted an amulet necklace someone else nabbed. “Why can’t we just have the stuff?” Darvill quipped before later revealing he didn’t know what happened to the coat Hunter wore. “Every time I put that coat on,” Darvill said, “I just felt amazing.” He also said while he initially wanted a cape, he was relieved he did not have to wear a restrictive hero costume. For Swann, the stiletto heels were the worst part of every outfit Astrid wore.

Both actors expressed great admiration for the full cast and crew of the show, giving special shoutouts to Amy Pemberton, who voiced and played Gideon for Legends’ duration.

From last weekend...

Photos: Laurie Holden, Brandon Routh, and Cara Buono at Cincinnati Comic Expo
By Julia    September 27, 2022
https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2022/09/27/photos-laurie-holden-brandon-routh-and-cara-buono-at-cincinnati-comic-expo/ 

Routh discussed similar sentiments and noted how appreciative he was of the legacy Christopher Reeve created as Superman. Routh was also excited he got to reprise his Superman Returns role for The CW’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover. He shared some behind-the-scenes info on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and how he enjoyed working with his wife, Courtney Ford, who played Nora Darhk. Routh also discussed his roles in The Rookie and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

DSC_2371.jpg 

From Sep. 25...

"Messages of Inclusion... is What the World Needs" - Brandon Routh Panel at Cincinnati Comic Expo
Organized Chaos   Oct 2, 2022

From Aug. 28...

Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan at ClexaCon 2021 Avalance Panel (fragment)
Ruby   Oct 1, 2022

Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan about Ava at ClexaCon 2021 Avalance Panel (fragment)
Ruby   Oct 1, 2022

Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan about marriage at ClexaCon 2021 Avalance Panel (fragment)
Ruby   Oct 1, 2022

The 20 best Arrowverse characters ranked
By Sam Barsanti, Scott Huver, Jen Lennon, and Cindy White      Nov. 2, 2022
https://www.avclub.com/best-arrowverse-characters-ranked-1849725357 

1. Sara Lance/White Canary, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow
Played by: Caity Lotz

The greatest beneficiary of Legends Of Tomorrow’s transition from stiff superhero action to freewheeling superhero comedy, Caity Lotz’s Sara Lance symbolized everything that was good about the Arrowverse: She could be funny, she could do fight scenes, and she had longstanding, complicated relationships with various characters from other corners of the Arrowverse (to say nothing of the fact that she was an explicitly bisexual character who was also the lead of the show, which no other superhero series can really match). Nobody else in this grand, sprawling franchise of loosely connected TV shows deserves the title of Legend more than her. And she canonically reads The A.V. Club, so that’s cool. [Sam Barsanti]

20. Ryan Wilder/Batwoman, Batwoman
19. Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl, Stargirl
18. Winn Schott, Supergirl
17. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, Arrow
16. Ray Palmer/Atom, Arrow/The Flash/DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow
15. Alex Danvers, Supergirl
14. Prometheus, Arrow
13. Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, The Flash/DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow
12. John Diggle/Spartan, Arrow 
11. Iris West-Allen, The Flash
10. Felicity Smoak/Overwatch, Arrow
9. Eobard Thawne, The Flash
8. Cisco Ramon/The Vibe, The Flash
7. Killer Frost, The Flash
6. Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning, Black Lightning
5. Clark Kent/Superman, Supergirl
4. Kara Danvers/Supergirl, Supergirl
3. Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Arrow
2. Grant Gustin/The Flash, The Flash
1. Sara Lance/White Canary, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo

Jes Macallan has joined her fellow LoT cast members, Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan and John Barrowman, at GalaxyCon Columbus in December...

According to the con schedule, the LoT Q&A cast panel will take place on Saturday, Dec. 3, at 5:45pm, with Caity, Tala, Matt, Jes and Brandon, while John will have a solo panel on Saturday at 2:30 pm.

GalaxyCon Columbus, December 2-4, 2022 (OH)
https://galaxycon.com/pages/columbus-guests
https://galaxycon.com/pages/columbus-schedule 

From Avalance panel at Fan Expo San Francisco on Nov. 26, with Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan (there's more in this twitter thread than what I posted below)...

-- CL: "I mean, the biggest difference was... Arrow was a drama, um, and I actually - I like drama better than comedy. Right? I feel like I'm better at drama than I am at comedy. So I loved that in Arrow - that I really got to kind of dive into that. Um. But Legends was fun. Legends was just fun. And Arrow could - Arrow was hard. Arrow was hard. Um, and hours would be hard. And you're in your superhero suit and it's freezing and you're outside and you're always wearing that same suit. And Legends was like, when you're on set, you're just playing. Everyone's playing all the time. So, I think, really, I enjoyed Arrow, the challenge - and also it's the beginning of the character. You're building a whole new character and that's kind of exciting. ... But, yeah, I mean, they're so different. But Legends was just family."

Edited by tv echo

FROM 'BATMAN' TO 'PEACEMAKER': THE 10 BEST DC COMICS TV SHOWS
By Matthew Jackson    December 8, 2022
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/dc-comics-best-tv-shows-batman-tas-doom-patrol-harley-quinn 

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (2016)
Arrow spawned a number of spinoff shows, some of which are still airing, but they never got wilder or more conceptually ambitious than Legends of Tomorrow. Much like Doom Patrol, Legends was willing to not just go to some truly bonkers places, but to wring every last bit of emotion out of those places along the way, no matter how strange things might get. It's a formula that worked very well and led to some very compelling stories. No wonder fans are still hoping the now-canceled series will get a reprieve.

The Most Unjust Cancellations of 2022
By Team TVLine / December 9 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-shows-cancelled-too-soon-2022/ 

Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Got cancelled despite… the fact that, much like Legacies, the long-running series would have probably gotten a proper final-season renewal if not for Nexstar’s then-pending acquisition of The CW. After seven seasons, the show deserved that much.
Date of Cancellation: April 29, 2022

The Best TV Shows That Ended in 2022
BY RAFA BOLADERAS   PUBLISHED 3 DAYS AGO
https://movieweb.com/best-tv-shows-that-ended-in-2022/ 

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
One of the better stories about transformation and evolution, as it went from a show with a boring first season into a funny, time-traveling circus of a series, and we were all better for it. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow was a musical in one episode, a story about the Romans in the next, and one where a devil unicorn wanted to eat nipples in the next, and they all made perfect sense together, showing the chameleonic ways of the show and its many genres.

The show was canceled without a proper ending, but the last season was already living on borrowed time, so although we don’t know how Sara (Caity Lotz), Ava (Jes Macallan), Nate (Nick Zano), Zari (Tala Ashe), and the rest of the Legends end their lives, we're sure that it was in a wacky, heartfelt, one-for-all and all-for-one kind of way.

Edited by tv echo