Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

(edited)

Q & A
LegalDispatch 0.91

MARC GUGGENHEIM   MAR 1, 2024
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/q-and-a 

Via Twitter, @LukeFlux 1 asked:

• Was there ever anything you wished to do in the Arrowverse that you never got to do, whether it be because of restrictions by WB, budget or other?

I know it’s not at the heart of your question, but your question really makes me think of those things that we did end up doing that were either more difficult or more expensive — or whatnot — than anticipated. For example, Nate’s steel effect on Legends of Tomorrow. Very expensive, particularly to do it properly, with all the reflections. (There’s a reason Colossus’ armor in Deadpool 2 has a matte, non-reflecting finish, is all I’ll say.)

Edited by tv echo

Tala Ashe talked about playing Zari on LoT...

The Middle Eastern Stereotypes Tala Ashe is Tired of Seeing | Famous Cast Words | ALL ARTS TV
ALL ARTS TV   Mar 5, 2024

Video of Brandon Routh panel at Collective Con (Jacksonville, FL) on March 9...

CollectiveCon 2024 - Brandon Routh Q&A Panel
Saix_XIII    posted Mar 11, 2024

(edited)

TO THE ARROW-CAVE!
LegalDispatch 0.93

MARC GUGGENHEIM   MAR 15, 2024
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/to-the-arrow-cave 

Harvey Hamer writes:

•  Was there ever more of a desire to involve more of Constantine in Legends of Tomorrow? It was amazing when he appeared in Arrow, and then so much content in Legends (using the same Astra flashback as his solo show?) but I was always hoping for some Manny/rising darkness reference/resolution.

For the uninitiated, Legends series regular Matt Ryan portrayed the DC hero John Constantine in a series that ran on NBC from 2014 to 2015. We brought Matt back to reprise his role in Arrow before bringing him on to Legends. Harvey is asking about bringing plot elements from Constantine into that show.

The answer, Harvey, is that how much to reference the NBC show was a source of constant discussion. On the one hand, you never want to make the audience feel like they have to “do homework” by seeking out a canceled show that ran on another network. On the other hand, Constantine left the airwaves far, far too soon and there was always a desire on the part of the Legends writers to honor that show and its storylines as much as possible. As with anything, you just hope to strike the right balance.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

KETO SHIMIZU (DC's Legends of Tomorrow) Interview | The Showrunner Whisperer Episode 01
Multiverse Of Color   Mar 20, 2024

-- Keto Shimizu confirmed that they considered having Zach Braff do the voice for Skeets, Booster Gold's floating robot companion, thus setting up a Scrubs reunion. (Donald Faison guest-starred as Booster Gold in LoT's final episode.) Shimizu also said that having Braff do the voice would be easier than finding money to pay for him to actually be on the show.

Edited by tv echo

From Huntsville Comic & Pop Culture Expo (Alabama) on April 13...

Brandon Routh | Huntsville Pop Culture Expo 2024 #cnageeks #hsvexpo2024
CNAtv   Streamed Apr 13, 2024

(edited)

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM?
LegalDispatch .95

MARC GUGGENHEIM   APR 16, 2024
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/third-times-the-charm 

I was working on clearing out my iCloud drive the other day and came upon an interesting artifact. The second Arrowverse crossover introduced Vandal Savage, Hawkman and Hawkwoman — all of whom would go on to play major roles in the first season of Legends of Tomorrow.

There’s a key sequence in Arrow Ep. 408 (the second part of the crossover) where Savage fights our heroes and, well, it didn’t turn out particularly well. We’d ran out of time on the day we originally shot it and had to make some compromises on the fly. Once we got into the editing room, however, we realized that the sequence, as shot, didn’t make a lick of narrative sense. Accordingly, I did a rewrite on the sequence and returned to Vancouver for a day’s worth of reshoots.

Reshoots are expensive by virtue of the fact that they’re not initially budgeted for and you certainly don’t want to be in a spot where you have to do reshoots on the reshoots, so the stakes are high. You really have to get it right.

To that end, we painstakingly shot-listed and storyboarded exactly what we needed to get in order to make the revised sequence work.

I think what makes these storyboards particularly interesting is that you can see how the footage from the reshoots is designed to work with the scene as originally shot.

I’ve uploaded those storyboards to Google Drive for your enjoyment. You can check them out by clicking here.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Brandon Routh will be getting an award at the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024, April 24-28, 2024 (Dubuque, IA)...

The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024 Lineup and Honors Brandon Routh with Creative Visionary Award
Lynk PR   April 18, 2024
https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/704178105/the-julien-dubuque-international-film-festival-2024-lineup-and-honors-brandon-routh-with-creative-visionary-award 

LOS ANGELES, CA, USA, April 18, 2024 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Set against the historic backdrop of Dubuque, the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival (JDIFF) is proud to announce its 2024 edition, taking place from April 24th to 28th. This year, JDIFF is not only showcasing a diverse selection of independent films but also introducing the JDIFF Creative Visionary Award, with Brandon Routh, renowned for his role as Superman in SUPERMAN RETURNS, as its first recipient.

Brandon Routh, whose career has spanned various genres and platforms, exemplifies the spirit of innovation and community that JDIFF celebrates. His contributions to film, characterized by flexible and committed performances, have made significant impacts on both the industry and audiences worldwide.
Award Night Celebration - Saturday Apr 27, 2024

The culmination of the festival will be the Awards Night, where Brandon Routh will be honored with the Creative Visionary Award. This award recognizes individuals who have shown a commitment to innovative storytelling, cultural impact, and nurturing emerging talent within the film industry.

Edited by tv echo