Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

The rest of the EW interview (not quoted below) contains some spoilery parts...

Legends of Tomorrow star Matt Ryan opens up about Constantine's 'cathartic' fate
By Chancellor Agard    August 29, 2021 at 09:00 PM EDT
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-death-matt-ryan-interview/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did you react when you found this would be your last season as Constantine? 
MATT RYAN: I felt like it was time, especially because I've been playing the character since 2014 when we did the original [NBC] TV show [and] John is someone who always moves along, he walks his own path, and all of that stuff. And there was, inevitably, only so much time he could spend on Legends. I think they did a really good job of fitting someone like John into Legends and what he could bring to it. I love playing the character, as I think everybody knows, but in terms of what we've explored with him on Legends, I think we got as far as we can go aside from John going off on his own journeys again. It didn't feel like, "Oh bummer, man, they pulled it away from me" or anything like that. It was just like, "This feels right to put John to bed."

The back half of this season has taken John down a dark path as he has grappled with this addiction to magic and the blood potion. What has been it like exploring that as John?
It was great. It's almost been like the greatest send-off as well. That scene in episode 13 where John is beating the s--- out of John, it was so satisfying to film. I almost felt like I was back on the original show in the way that we filmed it and the blood and everything. I think the writers just did such a great job with that, and I thought they were really bold in the way that we filmed it. It's a CW network show and it was very, very bloody and visceral, and it felt very real to be filming it. That episode, I watched it on Sunday as well, and [thought], "God, there's so much emotion in it!" With Jes' character Ava and then the whole Zari-Constantine storyline. I was really satisfied with the episode.

I think the payoff is happening now in the season because we started off with John in a place where the audience had never seen him where he's happy and in love, and nice. We're like, "Woah, woah, this isn't John Constantine." But the plan was always to f--- him up [Laughs], to take him back to his roots before he exits. I don't really read that much stuff in the trades or anything, but people have said that people are bit weary of Constantine. They're like, "Oh, Constantine really isn't Constantine this season. He's good." And I think that people were pissed off a little bit, which is good because the payoff is now.

Shooting that Constantine-on-Constantine fight must hav been difficult.
It was a long day. The director, Nico [Sachse], was very ambitious. He wanted to shoot it like a movie in a way. We used a single camera. I think originally John was going to be playing John opposite John and they would be in the same shot. If you notice something in the end-sequence, you never see one of the John's in the same shot together. When he hits his head against the table, we don't actually see any physical part of alternate [or] Hellblazer John hitting him. It was harrowing, man, because it's me against me trying to keep track of what I was doing physically, as well as trying to tell the story. Also with the constraint that you have shooting TV shows with schedules and things, it's very fast. So we had to work out if I did the Junkie John first, or Hellblazer John first and how do we work that out. It was a really long but immensely satisfying day. It was probably one of my favorite days playing this character.
What was it like shooting your death scene and emotional goodbyes with Astra and Zari?
It was very easy from an acting point of view because I've been with this character for so long. So my journey with him and the relationships I've builtas a person with these actors on the show, and the journey John has been on this show [fed into it]. It's always that kind of sad thing in a way, but you know that things have to move on and they have to change, and I'm not going to be playing John forever or John's not going to be on the Waverider forever. There was something almost cathartic about it in a way. In terms of a process of me letting go of John and working through, the storyline [allowed me] to lend what I felt about it to the scenes as I was going through them.

Did you feel like death was the right way to send Constantine off and this was the only way this version of Constantine's story could've ended?
Well, that's the way it unfolded. I think so, yeah. Taking him where we've taken him was, I feel, completely the right thing for us to do. All the writers were so conscious about trying to give him a good send-off as well. They really wanted to say, "We love John and let's give him this to go." So the way it materialized, it just felt right and organic.

When the original show was canceled, I was gutted. I was like, "I haven't even gotten started." Even though I didn't get to do [the NBC show for a long time], which was the dream back then, having been on Legends and having explored John in ways I never thought I would explore him has been immensely [gratifying].

What do you think you'll miss the most about playing Constantine?
His cockiness and his arrogance in the face of danger. When this pandemic first happened, I was having a conversation with a fan I was doing a one-on-one video call with or something and I said, "I feel like I need a little bit of John now," do you know what I mean? Because John can f---ing get through anything. There was a little bit of me summoning him during this pandemic and going like, John can just blaze through this whereas I was flapping. The brashness, the confidence, and the courage of his convictions, even though it goes terribly wrong most of the time. Basically all of the things I love about the character I'm going to miss playing. Playing him has just become so natural to me, it's a funny thing. I'll miss him dearly, but I'm also really, really looking forward to seeing what happened to the character next as a fan. That's the thing, it's like, "What are they going to do with him? Where is he going to go?" That's a cool thing to feel when you leave a character.

Legends of Tomorrow: Matt Ryan Explains Why It Was Constantine's Time to Go
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 30, 2021
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legends-of-tomorrow-matt-ryan-explains-why-it-was-constantines-t/ 

"The one thing I said to the showrunners and the writers is, I agreed that it was time for him to leave, and I just said, 'Don't let him go out all happy and good,'" Ryan told ComicBook. "I think that that is represented in the way that he goes out, in a way. It's very John Constantine."
"That, in a way, is his happy ending," Ryan told us. "It's almost like it would be so definite and out of kilter for it to be all, 'John walks off with Zari into the sunset and they live happily ever after.' I'd be like, 'There's something wrong. Something's going to happen.'"

Historically, that "something" would have been very bad for Zari Tarazi (Tala Ashe), and Ryan admitted that there was inherent risk involved with giving Constantine a romantic entanglement at all -- let alone one with a character as beloved by the audience as Zari.

"I think that's the great dichotomy of that relationship," Ryan admitted. "And what's been so good to playing that out as well, is just going, 'Oh my God, what if he screws her over?' Because she is that compassionate, loving person. And then hopefully, the audience can see the relationship between them. And the way that we started off with it all -- John being all nice and all that -- hopefully, the audience were like, 'They've screwed up John Constantine. This isn't what he's like,' and then later on, we bring him back. At first, until I knew where we were going with that stuff, I was very concerned, actually. I was like, 'Actually, what are we doing to John here? We can't make him like this.' But ultimately, you've got to go there for him to get to where he ends up in the end of the season. So hopefully there's a really good payoff there.
"I think that that's the only way we could take him out, so to speak," Ryan explained. "How can we get him back to what he is at the core of him? At the same time, on this journey, hopefully you've seen some other parts of John's humanity that maybe we were at odds with, because of what we know about him. There's another flavor there that was added, which in a way, I think that maybe if it wasn't on Legends, I wouldn't have got it. So there's a great thing about that as well, I think."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

LoT will have a panel at DC Fandome on Oct. 16...

DC FanDome: Superman & Lois, Naomi, Batwoman, Supergirl and Peacemaker Among This Year's Streaming Panels
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 31 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/31/dc-fandome-tv-panels-superman-lois-flash-stargirl-titans/ 

Launching Saturday, Oct. 16 at 10 am PT, DC FanDome will deliver content reveals, announcements and the opportunity to hear from the casts and creators of TV series such as Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow (which will be celebrating 100 episodes), Titans, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn and Supergirl (which will offer a farewell tribute). There will also be the first-ever panels for The CW’s Naomi (premiering midseason) and both HBO Max’s Peacemaker (which is spun off of The Suicide Squad) and DMZ, among others.
DCFanDome this year can be accessed at DCFanDome.com or via Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. All programming will be captioned in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.

Welcome Back to DC FanDome!
By DC Publicity, August 31st, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/08/26/welcome-back-to-dc-fandome 

• Warner Bros. Television will offer a look at new seasons of Batwoman, The Flash, Superman & Lois, and Sweet Tooth; a farewell tribute to Supergirl as it approaches its epic conclusion after six seasons; a celebration of 100 episodes of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; a first look at forthcoming new drama Naomi; and a sneak peek at an upcoming episode of DC’s Stargirl.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LoT is on the list of voting nominees...

'CW's Best Show Ever' Tournament: Vote in Your Favorite Shows Now!
By Team TVLine / September 2 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/09/02/the-cw-best-tv-series-ever-tournament-elimination-round-poll/ 

Review the list below and vote for any and all shows YOU think belong in our imminent “The CW’s Best Show Ever” bracket tournament, which will roll out over the coming weeks and eventually crown a winner on Sept. 18, when The CW celebrates its 15th birthday. If we may offer some advice: Sure, shows have their “off” seasons, but try to consider the totality of their quality and impact on The CW..
This poll will close Friday, Sept. 3 at noon ET; its results are purposely hidden.

Edited by tv echo

You can vote for LoT now...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Legends vs. Roswell NM! Jane vs. Reign!
By Rebecca Iannucci / September 4 2021,
https://tvline.com/2021/09/04/cw-best-series-ever-legends-of-tomorrow-roswell-poll-tournament/ 

But which shows win this round for you? Cast your votes in our polls below (results are hidden; polls close after 24 hours) to determine who advances to the Sweet 16, then hit the comments to back up your choices!

Edited by tv echo

LoT made it to the Sweet 16 round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Sweet 16 Round Begins With Nikita vs. Supernatural, Legends vs. Jane!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 8 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/08/cw-best-series-ever-supernatural-legends-of-tomorrow-poll-tournament-vote/ 

Now, onto the latest voting! Which of the above shows win this round for you? Cast your votes in our polls below (results are hidden; polls close after 24 hours) to determine who will advance to the Elite 8, then hit the Comments section to explain your choices!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, tv echo said:

LoT made it to the Sweet 16 round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Sweet 16 Round Begins With Nikita vs. Supernatural, Legends vs. Jane!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 8 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/08/cw-best-series-ever-supernatural-legends-of-tomorrow-poll-tournament-vote/ 

That poll’s closed already - sorry! ☹️ Looks like Legends beat Jane, and will be facing Supernatural in the next round (I don’t expect it to get any further than that).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, tv echo said:

That TVLine tournament for "The CW's Best Show Ever" is moving really quickly through its rounds! Each poll is almost blink-and-you'll-miss-it fast.

I know - they’re really racing through it.  

While I have no illusions which way this one is going to go, here’s the first “Elite 8” matchup - Legends VS Supernatural.

Was Legends Split Lacking? Is DWTS' Gain the Pelo Fam's Loss? Will Money Heist Narrator Cash Out? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Nick Caruso / September 10 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/10/legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-zari-goodbye-scene-tv-questions-answers/ 

3 | How did Legends of Tomorrow‘s Ava possibly extrapolate this binocular view to there being “thousands” of Zagaron pods? (Hundreds, mayyybe.) And did you find Constantine and Zari’s goodbye scene surprisingly lackluster for a couple who were in love?

legends-of-tomorrow.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow Character Exits, Ranked — Who Do You Miss Most?
By Vlada Gelman / September 10 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/legends-of-tomorrow-character-cast-exits-photos-list-ranked/ 

TVLine has compiled a comprehensive guide to all the characters who have bid adieu, ranked from least to most significant and including details on their first and last episodes, so you can revisit their arcs. Over the years, the show has parted ways with several longtime Legends — sometimes permanently (R.I.P., Martin Stein), while leaving the door open for others to possibly return one day.

And because this is Legends, the series has parted ways with characters but not their portrayers, allowing them to take on new personas. (Thank goodness for wacky sci-fi/time-travel hijinks that make the impossible possible!)

17 Carter Hall aka Hawkman (played by Falk Hentschel)
16 Mona (played by Ramona Young)
15 Kendra Saunders aka Hawkgirl (played by Ciara Renee)
14 Behrad Taraz (played by Shayan Sobhian)
13 Wally West aka Kid Flash (played by Keiynan Lonsdale)
12 Rip Hunter (played by Arthur Darvill)
11 Leo-X aka Citizen Cold (played by Wentworth Miller)
10 Leo-X aka Citizen Cold (played by Wentworth Miller)
9  Jefferson "Jax" Jackson aka Firestorm (played by Franz Drameh)
8  Charlie (played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers)
7  Amaya Jiwe aka Vixen (played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers)
6  Mick Rory aka Heat Wave (played by Dominic Purcell)
5  John Constantine (played by Matt Ryan)
4  Zari Tomaz "1.0" (played by Tala Ashe)
3  Dr. Martin Stein aka Firestorm (played by Victor Garber)
2   Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold (played by Wentworth Miller)
1  Ray Palmer aka The Atom (played by Brandon Routh)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Remember when David Ramsey guest starred as historical figure Bass Reeves in the "Stressed Western" episode (608) of DC's Legends of Tomorrow? Well, apparently, there's now going to be a limited series about Bass Reeves...

David Oyelowo To Star In ‘Bass Reeves’ Limited Series From Taylor Sheridan As Part Of Yoruba Saxon Overall Deal With ViacomCBS & MTV Entertainment Studios
By Denise Petski   September 9, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/09/david-oyelowo-star-bass-reeves-limited-series-taylor-sheridan-overall-deal-viacomcbs-mtv-entertainment-studios-1234829404/ 

.... Reeves was known as the greatest frontier hero in American history and is also believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger. Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, Starfish35 said:

Yeah that’s about how I expected it to go.  Although I didn’t expect Vampire Diaries to beat The Flash.  I guess there’s more of a fanbase still around for that show than I thought.  

Or the latest season of Flash turned off more fans than I would have thought. 

5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Or the latest season of Flash turned off more fans than I would have thought. 

That could be.  I checked out of The Flash so long ago that I don’t even really keep track of what’s going on from afar anymore (same for Supergirl).

• Love 1

TV's Animated Specials, Ranked: Lucifer, PEN15, Supernatural, Fringe and 9 More Memorable One-Off Episodes
By Team TVLine / September 19 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/animated-tv-specials-ranked-lucifer-supernatural-cartoon-episodes/the-blacklist-kazanjian-brothers/ 

8  Legends of Tomorrow, "The Satanist's Apprentice"

legends-of-tomorrow-animated-episode.jpg ...
Alistair’s 2D cartoon spell on Astra had such a wonderful old-school Disney vibe, complete with a song number, that we wish we’d gotten a fully animated episode. As is, we’ll happily take Astra briefly kicking butt as a ‘toon princess and the rest of the Legends as speaking inanimate objects. (Spooner as a fork was particularly brilliant.)

Edited by tv echo

I legit just found out this was coming back when someone brought it up in the episode thread for Survivor.  This just went off the air like three weeks ago, I wonder if that is the quickest turnaround for a television show.  I thought for sure this would come back mid-season.

Sci-Fi TV’s Coolest Weapons: ‘Batwoman,’ ‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Hawkeye’ & More
John Hogan    October 2, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/best-tv-weapons-sci-fi-series-batwoman-doctor-who-hawkeye/ 

Sara Lance’s Bo Staff in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
As leader of the Legends, Sara Lance, aka White Canary (Caity Lotz), is a resourceful hand-to-hand combatant, but her trusty, lengthy staff is what really knocks some sense into her adversaries.

Uses: This weapon is multipurpose — and it’s actually two weapons. Each of the batons she wields can unite to make a wickedly intimidating bo staff.

Where it was invented: Fighting staffs have been part of Asian martial arts practice for centuries; rumor has it the bo staff was invented in Okinawa in the 1600s. We first saw Sara using one to fine effect in Season 2, Episode 4 of Arrow.

Best scene: They may be engaged and happily in love now, but in Season 3, Episode 2 of the CW series DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Time Bureau agent Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) tried to bring Sara in —
resulting in a battle for the ages (literally), with both femmes fatales wielding staffs and fighting without mercy.

Coolness rating 9 (out of 10)

Edited by tv echo

Even though there's supposed to be a celebration of 100 episodes of LoT at DC Fandome this year, there are no LoT stars included in this talent lineup... 

DC FanDome 2021 All Star Talent Lineup Announcement | DC
DC    Oct 4, 2021

Edited by tv echo

The CW Gets Into the Holiday Spirit with Its Schedule of Upcoming Specials
October 4, 2021
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/10/04/the-cw-gets-into-the-holiday-spirit-with-its-schedule-of-upcoming-specials-370512/20211004cw01/

Everyone's favorite fuzzy toy-turned furry god will once again be a hero as he tries to save Christmas in the all-new animated one-hour special BEEBO SAVES CHRISTMAS airing Wednesday, December 1 (8:00-9:00pm ET). When Sprinkles (voiced by Chris Kattan), an efficiency-obsessed elf, decides that Christmas would run better without Santa Claus (voiced by Ernie Hudson), Beebo (voiced by Ben Diskin) and his friends travel to the North Pole to help discover what truly makes Christmas meaningful. Also starring Kimiko Glenn as the voice of Tweebo, Yvette Nicole Brown as the voice of Turbo, Keith Ferguson as the voice of Fleabo, and Victor Garber as the narrator. BEEBO SAVES CHRISTMAS is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is written by Matt Maala and Kevin Shinick and executive produced by Sam Register, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, David Madden, Phil Klemmer, Grainne Godfree, Marc Guggenheim and Keto Shimizu. An encore presentation will air Tuesday, December 21 (8:00-9:00pm ET).
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1
8:00-9:00pm BEEBO SAVES CHRISTMAS

9:00-10:00pm WORLD'S FUNNIEST ANIMALS: CHRISTMAS

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Is Legends Baddie Obvious? Is L&O: OC Risking El's Family? Did NCIS Miss the Boat? Evil Kiss Unexpected? More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Charlie Mason / October 15 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/10/15/legends-of-tomorrow-blew-up-their-own-waverider-season-7-tv-questions-answers/ 

20 | Could Legends of Tomorrow‘s Zari give Project Runway contestants a run for their money in terms of sewing speed? Is it far too obvious that the Legends themselves wind up blowing up the Waverider in 1925 after somehow returning to the future? And how come the wreckage looked as if the time-ship was made of concrete?

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - 100 Episodes in 100 Seconds | DC FanDome 2021
DC    Oct 16, 2021

Talk about time traveling in style! For DC FanDome 2021, DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW gave fans a mind-blowing overview of the series so far, covering 100 “out there” episodes in 100 legendary seconds! From Rip Hunter’s first welcome on the Waverider to a first look at the show’s 100th episode, the Legends — past, present and future — have been saving the timeline by mucking up history…one episode at a time! DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. #DCFanDome #LegendsOfTomorrow (© 2021 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

DC Announces Four New Animated Films & 1 Short for 2022
By Matt Malliaros -10/16/2021
https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/dc-announces-four-new-animated-films-1-short-for-2022/

Constantine: House of Mystery

Last, but certainly not least, will be Constantine: House of Mystery. This short film is set to release in Early 2022. Matt Ryan, the actor synonymous with Constantine in the live action series and animated films, will reprise his role for this short. Further details weren’t announced at this time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

'Missing' Legends of Tomorrow and Legacies Seasons to Hit Netflix Today
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 18 2021,
https://tvline.com/2021/10/18/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-streaming-on-netflix-legacies-season-3/ 

Season 6 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow apparently got sucked into a timey-wimey wormhole, but now it is due to finally hit Netflix — sometime today, in fact.

After missing their regularly scheduled full-season drop date on the streaming service, all episodes of Legends Season 6 (which ended Sept. 5) as well as Legacies Season 3 (which aired its finale on June 24) should be available for bingeing sometime of Monday, Oct. 18, a Netflix rep confirms for TVLine.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I don't think this constitutes a spoiler...

Inside Line: Get Scoop on Succession, SVU, La Brea, S.W.A.T., Stargirl, Curb, New Amsterdam, The Rookie and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 20 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/10/20/succession-season-3-spoilers-new-characters/ 

Is there any chance that Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance/Black Canary) will make an appearance on The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Superman & Lois or Batwoman this season? –Alexander
Legends would be the most logical cameo, and “I am always pitching that. I would love to have Katie back,” Caity Lotz tells TVLine. “I miss my friend. I’m hoping the writers have time or want to do some Lance family storylines, because I think fans would love to get a bit of that Arrow universe reprisal and have Paul Blackthorne on the show. Like, my dad doesn’t even know I’m married! We’ve got to fill him in! … And then Sara’s mom, does she exist or not [after ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’]?”

Edited by tv echo

In his latest newsletter, MG revealed how the original LoT pilot was actually a "promo" and posted two script pages...

WHEELS OFF THE WAGON
LegalDispatch 0.9
Marc Guggenheim    October 22, 2021
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/wheels-off-the-wagon 

Next week also sees the the broadcast of the 100th Episode (!!!) of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
For Legends, we didn’t shoot a traditional pilot. Instead, we scripted and filmed what we called a “promo” or what the studio and network called a “presentation.” For nostalgia’s sake, here are the first two pages of the script I wrote for that little endeavor:
My, how has this show changed…

9a0c66b0-ab4f-4a86-afba-224087129164_612

d5e296df-30c7-4690-be93-7a2eb35d40c2_612 

Edited by tv echo

Did Blue Bloods' Frank Fumble Call? Was Supergirl Rude? Did The Resident's Time Jump Seem Bigger? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Charlie Mason / October 22 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/10/22/blue-bloods-frank-turns-down-nfl-job-tv-questions/ 

21 | In the year 1925, how had Legends of Tomorrow‘s Al Capone already seen pictures of the Bullet Blondes if only hours had passed?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 10:22 AM, tv echo said:

Inside Line: Get Scoop on Succession, SVU, La Brea, S.W.A.T., Stargirl, Curb, New Amsterdam, The Rookie and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 20 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/10/20/succession-season-3-spoilers-new-characters/ 

Is there any chance that Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance/Black Canary) will make an appearance on The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Superman & Lois or Batwoman this season? –Alexander
Legends would be the most logical cameo, and “I am always pitching that. I would love to have Katie back,” Caity Lotz tells TVLine. “I miss my friend. I’m hoping the writers have time or want to do some Lance family storylines, because I think fans would love to get a bit of that Arrow universe reprisal and have Paul Blackthorne on the show. Like, my dad doesn’t even know I’m married! We’ve got to fill him in! … And then Sara’s mom, does she exist or not [after ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’]?”

During Katie Cassidy's Oct. 23 panel at Fan Expo Canada: Limited Edition, KC was asked about CL's above comment...

-- Mod mentioned Caity Lotz's saying in a recent interview that she hoped there would be a Canary reunion of sorts and that she would love to work with her friend again. When mod then said that KC technically could return, KC: "Technically, I could... I would love to work with Caity. She's, um, one of my closest friends. And, actually, it's - suck - I mean, it did really suck because we used to live together in Vancouver. She was my roommate also. And, uh, after Arrow finished and coming back to Los Angeles, I don't get to see her that often. And then obviously the pandemic and not being able to go - come to Canada, um - by the way, so happy to be in Canada. I'm just going to say that. Um, I want to move here. Forever. ... Anyway, Caity's been in Vancouver and I miss her a lot. And so that would be amazing. Of course, I'm open to it and would love to and, you know, we're all a family and I'm very happy to support any of it. Also, I really want to direct another episode. Just saying. ... Because actually they do listen to the fans. It's true. So you guys make enough noise - and by the way, thank you. You guys are so awesome because, you know, played a big part in bringing me back after they killed me off."

Katie Cassidy (Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Supernatural) Fan Expo Canada 2021 Q&A Panel
Convention Junkies   Oct 24, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXn0tLfAHs

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow's Caity Lotz shares behind-the-scenes secrets from the 100th episode
By Chancellor Agard    October 27, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-100-caity-lotz-interview/ 

... So Spooner and Astra took Gideon through some joyful and familial memories of the Legends to convince her otherwise, and their first stop was Gideon's memory of the team celebrating every holiday at once. According to Lotz, the scene was mostly improvised.
"That one changed a lot [from the script]," Lotz tells EW. "There was a lot more improv in playing that because the feeling of the scene was the most important thing. None of that dialogue was pivotal. It was all just about capturing that Legends feeling because [Gideon] is like, 'How is any of this worth it?' And it's like, that's why. So like that silly string at the end, none of that was in the script originally. just kind of surprised everyone on the day, which was really fun."

From there the trio journeyed through a fun and hilarious karaoke night on the Waverider, where Gideon started singing along with Sara (Lotz), Nate (Nick Zano), Zari (Tala Ashe), and Ava (Jes Macallan).

"That was a lot of improv as well, and it was fun because Sara's doing her wonderful bad karaoke singing," Lotz says. "I think that made it easy for everybody, for the Legends, to react and laugh at that. There was a lot of improv in that too, like Nate's karaoke. Then of course I always thought it was so funny how badly Sara is singing, and then Gideon comes and then just blows it out of the water, and then everybody getting up and dancing. All of those scenes were so much fun."
All those memories helped Gideon realize that the happy and sad moments are what help people grow. Thus the trip through Gideon's mindscape ended with every Legend guiding her back down the hallway of the Waverider and back into the real world. Apparently, that's not how the touching scene was initially scripted either.

"Originally that scene was like on the bridge and everybody was standing in a line," Lotz says. "[Co-showrunner Phil Klemmer] and I were talking, like 'Okay, was this going to feel like Rent and we're going to bust out into song right now?' And we decided to change it to the hallway. For me, the whole concept of that is this whole thing has been her journey through and just walking down the hallway was such a representative of each of the Legends helping her keep going and going and going until she gets to the end. To be honest, at first I was worried that that scene was going to feel really corny. It could have gone there, and it didn't. So the feeling just really, I think, landed. So that was very, very cool."

She continues: "From that moment of her first flashback into that holiday scene, into the book club, into the karaoke and all that, you just really feel it. And on that day that we were shooting that hallway scene, I think all of us really felt how special it was to be able to have everybody there and together. Like when you look down the hallway, you just, 'Wow.' You just felt the history of the show and how much it's been through and how much it's changed. It's a hundred episodes that we've done together and the power of that. I was so, so happy that that feeling that we got to feel on set really translated on screen. When I watched it and then seeing Gideon look back, [it] made me tear up."
"In this episode, we see how powerful Gideon is as well. So now you have Bishop, who's been a formidable foe and is very smart, and now he's got Gideon," Lotz says, explaining how dangerous this situation is for the Legends. ""That will play a big part in the rest of the season."  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1