Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

‘A Million Little Things’ & ‘The Mighty Ducks’ To Resume Production As Many Vancouver Series Remain Dark, Eye Friday Restart After COVID Test Results Delays – Update
By Nellie Andreeva   September 30, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/a-million-little-things-resume-production-vancouver-based-us-series-remain-dark-covid-test-results-delays-friday-restart-date-1234589232/ 

The remaining series that were affected will remain dark tomorrow, with strong indications that shooting would resume Friday, according to sources. That includes Riverdale, Charmed, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, Batwoman, Nancy Drew, Maid and The Mysterious Benedict Society. There are also several series whose start this week had been delayed; including The Flash, Supergirl and DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow. They will begin filming as soon as the test backlog is resolved,

As Deadline reported last night, we hear a local lab did not meet deadlines, leaving productions in the dark. There are no indication that there are any positive cases but, without definitive PCR test results and no rapid testing available, studios have had no choice but to halt production. The suspension of filming continues to be evaluated day by day.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow: Adam Tsekhman Upped to Series Regular for Season 6

Season 6, premiering sometime in early 2021, will not only grant Gary full Legend status but also explore his origin story, which is “even more bizarre than you would imagine,” EW.com reports. 

Already during the off-season, Legends of Tomorrow has promoted Shayan Sobhian (who plays Behrad) and Olivia Swann (Astra) to series regulars for Season 6, while Lisseth Chavez (Chicago P.D.) has been added to the cast in the role of alien expert Esperanza “Spooner” Cruz.

• Love 1

I mean good for AT, he's certainly a very funny and interesting guy BTS and he's the reason Gary was at all likable in the first place so I do give him a lot of credit but sigh. Such a full cast means something has got to give and I was over Gary's stuff in S4 with that stupid and open betrayal. 

I hope it's just a case of giving him a contract because he's been there so much already ala S5 and not that they're actually giving him more to do story wise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Selected clips from the Sep. 26th GalaxyCon LoT panel (I previously transcribed this entire panel from a since-deleted video here)...

Legends of Tomorrow Q&A Clips
GalaxyCon   Oct 2, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Contest: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: Season 5 Blu-ray / Digital Code Set – The CW’s Superhero TV Series
Rollo Tomasi   October 7, 2020
https://film-book.com/contest-legends-of-tomorrow-season-5-blu-ray-digital-code-set-the-cws-superhero-tv-series/ 

FilmBook is running a Legends of Tomorrow: Season 5 Blu-ray / Digital Code contest for one copy of The CW superhero TV series. Legends of Tomorrow: Season 5 was released on DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital HD on September 22, 2020.
One (1) winner will receive:
– (1) Legends of Tomorrow: Season 5 Blu-ray / Digital Code Set (Retail Value – $22.99)

HOW TO ENTER:
[You have to log in here or via e-mail to enter (go to article link)]
RULES:
All entries must be in by October 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST. Only individuals who are eighteen or older can entry this contest. United States entries only. No international entries. No P.O. Box addresses allowed. Void where prohibited. Confirmed Winner(s) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

FYI: I previously transcribed a full video of GalaxyCon's Sep. 26th Legends of Tomorrow panel (with CL, BR, JM, CF, MRS and AT) from a since-deleted youtube video recording - if you didn't get the chance to before, you can now watch video of that entire panel at dailymotion.com here...

ETA: You can read my transcription of this panel upthread here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

NEW! You can now watch video of the entire GalaxyCon's Sep. 27th Legends of Tomorrow panel (with Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Victor Garber and Arthur Darvill) at dailymotion.com here - it's very entertaining...

-- Moderator Patty Hawkins: "I'd love to hear from each of you individually how you got involved with the ongoing Arrowverse, I think it's called. And I think, Victor, we start with you, since you came on board in the Flash days."
VG: "Because I'm the oldest person on the panel... I actually started, um, on Flash... That brought me in. And it was Greg Berlanti. I had never done anything like this and, uh, there I was, playing Martin Stein, with a different partner. Robbie Amell was - was the one during that period. And I had a great time. I just had so much fun. And, uh, it was very different for me. And the next thing I knew, uh, they asked me to be a part of Legends, which I thought, well, if not now, when? ... And then I got to work with, uh - I haven't worked with Matt, but I have worked with both Tala and Arthur, and, uh, I'm very grateful to have had the experience of working on Legends of Tomorrow. And Franz Drameh."
Mod PH: "We're going chronologically. I think, Matt, your involvement with the greater DC Universe comes on board in 2014."
MR: "Yeah, that's right... I managed to bag the role of Constantine in 2014, which we did, uh, 13 episodes of, sadly getting cancelled. But, uh, then Arrow kind of pulled me back into the mix in the live action stuff. Uh, I had done an animated movie before that. But then there was - I think it was before that... Arrow pulled me back in. And then they asked me to do an episode of Legends. And then they asked me to be on Legends. In between that, there's been all these animated movies. So I've always said, at each point of the journey of this character, I had always thought it was done, you know? And then they keep pulling me back in, and it's been a joy to do that... It's funny, normally when a show's cancelled after its first season, you're not normally still playing the character six years later. So that's a... great thing, yeah."
Mod PH: "Absolutely... Pulling your character into another series on another network is kind of unprecedented...."
MR: "Yeah, yeah, it was very - a very welcome thing, actually, you know, that Arrow bringing us in from the cold. And then joining the Legends was just - the first episode I did was so much fun and I was just - I loved the ensemble nature of it and the way that everyone works together... The things they were writing for the character were completely and utterly bizarre and wonderful, and I just embraced that. And it's been a great journey."
Mod PH: "It's been a great delight. One of my favorite characters and you've honored him tremendously."
MR: "Thank you."
Mod PH: "Arthur. Think we come to you."
AD: "Hi... It's one of those things. Um, I just sent a tape. All of our auditions now are on these [unintelligible word] self-tapes, which are like the bane of my life.... Like, you work so hard on something and then you like act in your bedroom with your partner, who doesn't want to be doing it with you, um, and you kind of encourage them to be enthusiastic.... They wouldn't even send a script because they didn't know what it was. It was like two scenes of this guy called - I can't remember what he was called - called like 'The Traveler.' I was like, 'Alright.' Um, and it was in an American accent. And it was like a script that gave away no information about anything, because they didn't want to give anything away. So it was - it was brilliant. It was also brilliant. It was like, it was really funny and really strange. But, you know, it was one of those tapes that you do and you expect to send off and never hear anything back ever, because that's what normally happens. And then they - they just said, 'Do you want to be in the show?' And I was like, 'Yeah, but what is it?' And they tried for ages to explain it to me, and I didn't understand... And then they sent me - they were like, 'oh, no, no, no, it's, um, it's, um, you know, it's a comic book thing, it's a real character in a comic book.' And I was like, 'Okay, great. Well, send me the comic books.'... They sent me a giant box of comic books, with all this stuff from DC. And I looked - I've got them up here. I might get them down in a minute... But the character looks really - like, I'm like a quite weedy-like guy, and this character was like in spandex and with muscles, like an all-American. I was like, 'This - I - are you sure? Are you sure [unintelligible words]?' And then - you know, they made it what it is and they said, 'You'll get your own spaceship.' And I went, 'Alright. Yeah. Fine.'"
(Some talk by the mod PH about how different the Rip Hunter in the comics is from the Rip Hunter on Legends.)
Mod PH: "Well, that's what Greg and Marc and that whole team - they've done a wonderful job of using the comics and those characters as a starting point and really push them in a natural evolution in the live action format. They're really taking good choices with characters, casting, good choices with costuming and adapting them, it's just - like you said, it's been a crazy ride, and it's been absolutely fun to watch. ... So, Tala, how did you come about your role?"
TA: "Oh, gosh. I was just like Arthur. It was just another audition for a gal in New York, who was doing theater and had like two dollars in the bank... I read it. I really liked the material. Um, I was just like at a point in my career where I was being really picky about stuff I, um, wanted to do, because so much of what came across my desk was like frankly offensive, uh, as a person of color. And this one was great... And a little bit, like, my flags went up for me, because I was like, wait, wait, wait, a Muslim-American superhero? Like, who's doing this? Are they going to handle it correctly? And then, actually, just reading the sides, I was like, oh, this is, um - this is surprising me, even sort of my expectations of what would - what this sort of stereotypically been. So I was just - I was like excited to do it, had fun doing it, never thought anything would come of it, and here we are. And it's been - it's been a really fun journey and I - God, I love the people I work with. So, you know, it's - it feels pretty lucky."
Mod PH: "Did they sort of tell you that the character was sort of a homage to the 1970's Isis from Saturday morning?"
TA: "No, no, they left that out... I got the job and they were like, 'Oh, so her name is Isis.' And I was like, 'Her name is Isis? The first Muslim-American superhero's name is Isis? Like, we can't do that.' They were like, 'No, no, we're not going to call her that for, uh, obvious reasons.' Um, but it did give me a jumping off point at least to do some research. As you said, uh, you know, the Arrowverse, the Berlantiverse, as we call it, does a great job of using that stuff as source material and then letting you take it where it goes, which we very much have with Zari. That's what makes it fun, too, because it lets us be creative and find new avenues for the characters."

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "If you could time travel and meet your younger self, what advice would you give to your younger self?"
AD said that he would tell his 2019 self to buy shares in Zoom, so he'd be really rich in 2020.
MR said that he would tell his teenage self not to smoke cigarettes.
VG said that he would tell his younger self not to "fret" (worry) so much.
TA said that she would tell her 2019 self to move to New Zealand.

-- Mod PH read the following Q: "Best/worst costume that you ever had to wear?" (Mod PH added that they could draw from any point in their career.)
MR said "some type of tights and codpiece" that he had to wear when he was in "drama school" and the old period costumes that he wore as a "spear carrier" in one of the many historical productions that he did back then.
TA said that, when she was in drama school in London, she fashioned a costume for herself, playing Eleanor. She created shoes for herself that had rocks in them, so she was in constant pain.
AD said that when he did Dickens' Little Dorrit, his first television show, he had to wear a tight corset, because men wore corsets when they had money during that time period, and he had to eat in a lot of scenes. He also mentioned having a peg leg and an animatronic parrot on his shoulder when he played Long John Silver on stage.
VG said that "any time he has to be semi-naked" is always the worst costume for me, because he has a bad self-image from childhood. He added that he just finished a mini-series where he has to be on a treadmill in short shorts (as a joke) and they had to spray tan his legs because they're so "white and veiny." VG added said that it's "humiliating."
AD: "So much of our careers is like, 'And, um, it's humiliating.'"

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "What did you like most about the role you played?" (Mod PH added that he'll direct that question to their Legends roles.)
VG: "For me, I - I - I loved being a part of a - part of this team. I mean, I loved the whole team of actors. But I loved that Martin Stein, uh, was a - was kind of a bright guy, but never had to go fly around or, you know, the stunts were minimal, uh, and that Franz and Robbie had to do all the stunts. So I could go home... But then, the worst part about it was, then there was always a point where they came back. So I'd have to wait around for six hours and then just fall on the floor, 'cause they unravel... But I really loved being a part of the team."
TA: "I just think, you know, our show has such a unique tone, where it - it - I think it just does a - and - and it seems to be getting better and better at, like, riding the line between serious and comedic. And that, as an actor, is just - is just fun. You - you get to kind of, uh, you know, just stretch yourself a bit and challenge yourself and kind of - depending on who you're in what scene with, uh, you know, play - play that part. So that - that has been really fun. And, I mean, in both versions of my character. By the way, Victor and Arthur, I have two characters, same person, now. (Laughs) (AD interjected, "But do you get paid twice?")  I don't... Also, our writers do such a good job of, like, you know, if you want it, if you want challenge, if you want something different, they will bring that for you. And that's - that's fun and keeps you, you know, interested as an actor years into the show."
AD: "Season 1 was such a - it felt like a different show. I think we were like - it was really trying to find its feet. And I really enjoyed doing Season 1 and getting to work with everyone. But like, in terms of the work, the most interesting stuff was when it started to not take itself so seriously and allowed us to - I don't know, when we started to find the - the tone of it... All that stuff of like, suddenly now you're an evil version of yourself, or you're now, you ride a horse, or you're - you know, all that stuff was just like, it became silly, but you could find the truth in it... I love the tone that the show has found over the years. And, um, it was fun - it was really enjoyable discovering that, being able to play with how kind of earnest that could be. Um, and just like, running, jumping and shooting and - I just did loads of stuff I never - like, I'm so awkwardly bad at like fighting and all of that stuff. And you're just given these like things to do, which you have to throw yourself into, like, things that I would never have - like, when I was a kid... I would never have dreamed of being able to do any of that stuff. And then suddenly, you know, you're like having a fight in a Russian bath house with a giant man. And you're like, how did I end up here? This is great. This is what I want to be doing with my life. So, you know, it's really good. It's really fun."
MR: "I'd say basically what everyone else has been saying, that really, the tone of the show, which, you know, having established the character on - on - on Constantine and then Arrow - moving from those - from the style of show we were doing to Arrow and then to this, was kind of a - it was - it was very interesting and amazing. I had watched the show and kind of thought, oh, how does John Constantine fit in there, you know? And then - it was funny when we - when I just kind of got on set and started playing it, it just worked, you know? You fitted in with all these misfits. And I loved the fact that the show has that tone and doesn't take itself too seriously... The thing I love most about playing John is that, you know, he's - he's a flawed - he's a flawed anti-hero... He doesn't wear a pair of tights or, you know, spandex and fly around, you know. He's a human being, you know, that has very big problems and, uh, he still tries to do what's good for - for humanity, I think, deep down. And I think that's the most satisfying thing about playing him is playing through his muck-ups, really, and, uh, and him still having a conscience, as kind of questionable as that is. But, yeah, the tone of the show, I think, is - is something that makes the whole process just so enjoyable, because you can have a laugh as well and not take it too seriously. And, uh - and you're always surprised by the script that's on your - on your table. It's like being in a different show every week. (Mimes looking at script) You're like, okay, where are we going this week? And it's always something different. At first, you might go, 'Oh, no!' (Slaps hands over eyes) And then you get around to it and you're like, this is really fun. So, uh, so, yeah, it's a - all of those things."

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "If you had to do a crossover with a Broadway musical, which musical would you pick?"
MR said that it would depend on "the context of the episode." He then mentioned the musical puppet episode that they did on Legends. AD interjected that he was "so jealous" that they got to do that. TA compared it to Avenue Q.
VG said that they did do a musical crossover where he sang a song from Guys and Dolls, which he thought would be a "great setting" for a crossover. He added that the song was "More I Cannot Wish You," and he sang it with Jesse Martin and John Barrowman. He said that Blake Neely did this "amazing arrangement," and they all recorded it separately. It was a three-part arrangement. He was really proud to have done it.
AD said that the thing about Legends is that you could cross over with any musical and it would work: "You could do Annie... You could do Cats, brilliantly... Anything from history... It'd be great... Jesus Christ, Superstar."
Mod PH said that he thought it would a lot of fun to throw the Legends into It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman (1966 Broadway musical).

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "What was your favorite time period to visit?"
VG said 2016, in the episode where Martin Stein meets his younger self ("one of my favorite episodes").
TA liked the "punk episodes," so she mentioned the 1970's where she wore the fishnets.
MR mentioned the Shakespeare episode because it was "really cool to be in that time period" and the theater stage set they made was "just incredible."
AD liked any episode where they got to dress up. He mentioned the "Musketeer" episode where they all had "fluffy hats."

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "Who are your real-life heroes?"
MR said that, in terms of acting, when growing up, he liked the older generation of actors, like Marlon Brando and Al Pacino. He added that he is a big fan of Pacino, who he met once. He said that Pacino "was really cool and gave me some great advice."
TA said that her heroes have been people "who have tread new paths in history" and mentioned Ruth Bader Ginsberg and John Lewis. Those are her heroes (outside of acting).
VG said, for acting, David Hyde-Pierce is an old friend and someone who he admires for the way he has lived his life and dealt with Alzheimer's and also for his acting talent. Outside of talent, VG mentioned Jon Meacham, the writer, who "speaks such truth."
AD said the health care workers who go to work every day now. In terms of acting, AD said that he's always admired Jonathan Pryce, who he once saw play Fagin in Oliver Twist.

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "If you could direct an episode (and write it, too), what would it be about?"
AD said that he always wanted to do an episode where everyone's in therapy, dealing with the time that they've spent on the Waverider and how it's affected them personally. Alternatively, AD said that he'd want to do "a 1970's version of the future. Like Barbarella... Like, shaky sets. Lots of, um, tinfoil. Um, B movie space stories... The budget vision of the future."
Mod PH said that they could come back to this question, since no one else on the panel was speaking up.

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "Who would win in a fight between all your characters?"
MR: "That's just asking us all to fight."
VG: "Firestorm, absolutely, because I'd be home... You'd be decimated."
TA: "You would actually be the winner."
MR: "I think me and Arthur could have a trenchcoat war, for sure."
AD: "Absolutely. We'd somehow end up sewn together."
TA: "You guys were never together? You never crossed paths?"
MR and AD: "No. No."
TA: "That is a missed opportunity... If I were to direct an episode, it would be that."
VG: "There's still time."
Mod PH: "I'm kinda surprised because I know - I know Greg and Marc are big comic fans. And John Constantine does belong to a team in the comics, 'The Trenchcoat Brigade.' Uh, he nicknamed the group. It was all their [unintelligible word] characters and they all wore like various - Phantom Stranger and stuff. And John Constantine, written by Neil Gaiman, says, 'Ugh, the bloody Trenchcoat Brigade.' ... 'I heard that, Constantine.'"
MR: "He has a thing for superheroes as well, who wear all these interesting tight outfits in the comics, you know? ... I think those two characters coming head to head, kind of checking out each other's trenchcoats. Maybe trying it on. Maybe it's a different fit, you know? Maybe there's a subtlety in the color, I think. Maybe the collar's stiffness is different. I think they could have a real -"
AD: "My collar was very, very stiff."
MR: "Yeah, you see, mine's floppy. I had to ask them to put something in to, you know, keep the collar up."
TA: "This is riveting, guys."
Mod PH joked that the lights go off, there's a ruckus, and when the light turns on again, Rip Hunter and Constantine are wearing each other's trenchcoats.
MR: "But Arthur, did you wear a shirt and a tie as well under that trenchcoat?"
AD: "No. For the first season, I wore a leather jacket underneath - a puffy leather jacket underneath the trenchcoast... It was a double coat situation... But I think the reason I got the coat - I asked for a cape. I was like, 'If I'm going to do a superhero moment, put on a cape.' And they were like, 'No, he doesn't - he's not - he's not a supe - he doesn't do that.' I was like, 'Yeah, but maybe we should think about it.'"
TA: "And they were like, two coats for you!"

-- Mod PH read the following fan Q: "If you could play any other character in the show, who would it be?"
MR: "I would play Mick Rory because he gets to sit around and drink beer... and watch football all day... The character, I mean."
TA: "The character and in real life... My answer to this is always Dom, because he works the least but, I think, has the most impact. Like, when he's on air, he kills it. So frickin' funny. He has like four lines in a scene and they're always gold. And he gets to go home."
Mod PH interrupted to tell them that, according to the chat room's fan poll, if there was a fight among them, TA's character would win.
AD: "I'd play Beebo. He's just so much fun. I think you can get away with a lot when you're in a furry costume... I don't mean anything inappropriate. I just mean, you could probably tell the truth a lot more and people would have to take it... Like a puppet. A puppet can say anything."
MR: "Overacting as well... No need to pull it back."
AD: "Exactly. You could really, really let it rip."
VG: "I'd just like to be Mick's Siamese twin. Just like to be sort of joined to him. And just observe him and make comments and talk. And give him trouble all the time. Because there's no one I like annoying more than Dom... He's just - he's the greatest, and I miss him terribly."

-- Mod PH: "Panelists, any final words before we go?"
VG and MR said, "Thank you." 
TA said, "Vote!"
AD showed a hand-sewn Rip Hunter doll that someone "knitted" for him, saying: "See the double jacket?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Critics Choice Association Announces Inaugural “CRITICS CHOICE SUPER AWARDS” Honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action, and Animation Movies and Series
October 12, 2020
http://criticschoice.com/2020/10/critics-choice-association-announces-inaugural-critics-choice-super-awards-honoring-superhero-science-fiction-fantasy-horror-action-and-animation-movies-and-series/ 

(Los Angeles – October 12, 2020) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) is pleased to announce the inaugural Critics Choice Super Awards, a special event honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action and Animation.  The awards presentation, which will be produced remotely following COVID safety protocols, will air as a television special on The CW Network on Sunday, January 10, 2021 (8:00-10:00pm ET).

“The time has come to recognize the brilliance, creativity, and artistic excellence showcased in genres that, for far too long, have been overlooked by other award shows,” said Critics Choice Association CEO Joey Berlin.  “We are thrilled to be partnering with our friends at The CW to bring these beloved genres to the forefront and give them the recognition they so deeply deserve.”

“We’re excited to broadcast the first Critics Choice Super Awards at The CW to showcase and celebrate the excellence in often overlooked genres during the entertainment industry’s award season,” said Gaye Hirsch, Executive Vice President, Development, The CW, who also oversees alternative and special programming. “We look forward to bringing viewers an exciting event filled with the films, series and stars they are most passionate about.”

The window of eligibility for the Super Awards is January 1 – December 31, 2020.  Eligible movies and series can now be submitted here: https://supersubmissions.criticschoice.com/
CRITICS CHOICE SUPER AWARDS TV/STREAMING CATEGORIES

Best Action Series
Best Male Actor in an Action Series
Best Female Actor in an Action Series
Best Animated Series
Best Male Voice Actor in an Animated Series
Best Female Voice Actor in an Animated Series
Best Superhero Series*
Best Male Actor in a Superhero Series*
Best Female Actor in a Superhero Series*

Best Horror Series
Best Male Actor in a Horror Series
Best Female Actor in a Horror Series
Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
Best Male Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
Best Female Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
Best Villain in a Series (across all genres)
* Superhero category also includes Comic Book and Video Game Inspired Series

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Critics Choice Association Announces Inaugural “CRITICS CHOICE SUPER AWARDS” Honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action, and Animation Movies and Series

Don't be fooled (or maybe I was the only one who was)... even though anyone can apparently sign up to submit entries, the actual form to do so is very much intended for the actual producers, agents, etc.  Plus, there's apparently a fee per submission.

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 1

DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW SEASON 5 | GAG REEL
Tvs Clips   Oct 18, 2020

DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW SEASON 5 | GAG REEL #2
Tvs Clips   Oct 18, 2020

DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW SEASON 5 | GAG REEL #3
Tvs Clips   Oct 18, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SDCC's SAMatHome (Storytelling Across Media) 2020, October 24, 2020 (Free Online Event)
Marc Guggenheim (also DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee and Batwoman composer Sherri Chung)
https://www.comic-con.org/sam/attendingtheshow
Programming Schedule

October 24, 2020 (all times PDT):

12:00 Spotlight on Marc Guggenheim • (YouTube Link TBA)
Writer Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC Legends of Tomorrow) and moderator Russ Burlingame (Comicbook.com) discuss the differences, similarities, and challenges of writing for television, movies, and comic books.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think there's a second part to this BR interview that hasn't been posted yet...

#21 - The Midwestern Movie, Pt. 1
Little Justice: The Podcast   Oct. 19, 2020
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6GOVlUCSGSfPAI4jR9201c

-- Podcasters: Nik Walker and Alex Smolowe. Guest: Brandon Routh.

-- BR talked about how he ended up in the music video for Christina Aguilera's "What A Girl Wants" (he's a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo).

-- A lot of talk about his career, movies, politics, and some self-reflection.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SDCC's SAM@Home 2020 (Storytelling Across Media) virtual event is taking place today (to see schedule of all panels, go here) - it sounds like MG is done with the Arrowverse (for now)...

Spotlight on Marc Guggenheim | SAM@Home 2020
Comic-Con International    Oct 24, 2020

"Writer Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC Legends of Tomorrow) and moderator Russ Burlingame (Comicbook.com) discuss the differences, similarities, and challenges of writing for television, movies, and comic books.
Marc Guggenheim is a writer and producer known for Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on the CW, and also a comic book writer (X-Men: Gold, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

ETA: You can read my transcription of this panel in the Arrow forum here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Courtney Ford has joined her husband and other Arrowverse stars at this upcoming virtual comic con (posted today)...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzTYx-Bpcv/

Speedy Comics Con, November 13-14, 2020 (Virtual Event from Dubai, UAE)
Virtual Guests: Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford (also Katie Cassidy, Sam Witwer, Kevin Conroy and Tom Welling)
https://twitter.com/speedycomicsme
https://www.instagram.com/speedycomicsme/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's Part 2 of Brandon Routh's Oct. 19th interview for Little Justice podcast...

#22 - The Midwestern Movie, Pt. 2
Little Justice: The Podcast  Posted Oct. 26, 2020
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2h2toMiAUg1aJWhRsGOuge

The epic conclusion to our hang with the epic Brandon Routh, complete with Zombie Burger shoutouts, and movie choices that may or may not be Fargo (spoiler alert, no one chose Fargo). Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices

In case you missed it before, here's Part 1 (Episode #21) of this interview:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6GOVlUCSGSfPAI4jR9201c

Edited by tv echo

KL talked about Nyssa & Sara in a recent interview (her interview starts about 30 minutes into this podcast)...

Katrina Law and The Haunting of Bly Manor
She Nerds Out    October 27, 2020
https://shenerdsout.libsyn.com/katrina-law-and-the-haunting-of-bly-manor
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/katrina-law-and-the-haunting-of-bly-manor/id1459003657?i=1000496201300

-- Podcast co-host said that she only started watching Arrow on Netflix and started with Season 2, and that she was surprised by KL's character of Nyssa al Ghul appearing and then kissing Sara Lance (rather that killing her). At the time, she had never seen anything like the Nyssa/Sara lesbian relationship on The CW. When asked about her experience playing Nyssa on Arrow, KL: "So when I first auditioned for, um, this role, I think the - the character - I don't even know, I want to say the character's name was Greta on paper. And, uh, she was doing a scene with Oliver. And I did the scene, and they were like, 'awesome, loved it, we're going to call you back, um, except this time you're going to be reading with, um, a girl named Caity Lotz.' And I was like, 'okay, cool, send me the new sides.' And they're like, 'no, no, no, same sides.' Okay, well... it was like a very like tumultuous love scene between like Oliver - like, I was a scorned lover, kinda like, 'you're a [unintelligible word] for not calling me back.' And I was like, 'well, do you want me to play it like she's my sister?' ... They're like, 'no, no, no, just play it the same way.' I'm like, 'cool, am I a lesbian?' They're like, 'we can't tell you.' ... So then I walk into the room for the audition and here's like Caity Lotz standing there in all her, like, blue-eyed, blonde-haired glory, and we just kinda looked at each other and we're like, 'okay, let's do it.' ... So we get cast, because apparently we had great chemistry. And we get up to Vancouver and - I'm not going to lie, like, playing a lesbian or playing a straight character is the same to me either way, because neither of them are usually going to be my husband in real life, so it's always awkward and always weird. And love is love, we play it the same way. And I think that's my favorite thing about Arrow, in that they used Nyssa and Sara as their first kinda delve into this LGBT world. Um, so they just treated it normally, and they didn't make it a big deal. They didn't - they weren't like, oh, it's because you were abused or you chose to be this way. They're just like, no, this is just who I was and this is who she is. There's no apologies for like, oh, I happen - it's just kinda like, no, this is it. And I think that's so beautiful the way they handled it, because a lot of times, you know, they - because it used to be, if you have a black character, you have to explain why they were black. If you had an Asian character, they had to speak Mandarin... It was like they had to get into these - these - these boxes that, I guess, you know, the normal, white, straight audience could understand. And now they're just going, oh, maybe our audience is a little smarter than that. So, you know, everybody's kinda giving each other a little more credit, and people are being more accepting about things." KL then talked about getting inspiring messages from young girls who felt encouraged by her character on Arrow. Podcast co-host said that Nyssa's plotline was "refreshing" at the time because her sexuality was just part of Nyssa's character and wasn't the storyline itself. 

-- KL said that she's still "hoping to crash" Legends of Tomorrow, although Sara seems happy with Ava right now.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Various Episode Count Numbers for WB Shows 2020-2021
Posted by DarkUFO at October 30, 2020 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/various-episode-count-numbers-for-wb.html 

We've been sent this from a source at WB. We'll update this if get any changes/updates.

Obviously in these strange times these could very well change.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 6 - 13 episodes

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Somehow it's not the same...

DC Middle Grade 2021 Graphic Novels Debut Cover Art
BY TIM ADAMS    OCTOBER 29, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/dc-middle-grade-2021-graphic-novels-cover-art/ 

DC has revealed the cover art for its upcoming slate of 2021 middle grade graphic novels, featuring Metropolis Grove by Drew Brockington and Wendy Broom; The Mystery Of The Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel by Ryan North, Derek Charm and Wes Abbot; and Green Arrow: Stranded by Brendan Deneen, Bell Hosalla and AndWorld Design.

The publisher's middle grade graphic novels are geared toward readers ages 9-12, and help introduce a new generation of fans to DC's most iconic superheroes. These are all standalone stories that take place outside of the core DC Universe, and come from some of the most successful authors in the middle grade publishing space.
MofMTJC.cv-.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=10

The Mystery Of The Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel

• Written by Ryan North
  • Illustrated and colored by Derek Charm
  • Lettered by Wes Abbot
  • On sale everywhere books are sold on June 1, 2021
  • MSRP: $9.99
  • Synopsis: After angering a number of hostile spirits in England, 13-year-old magician Johnny Constantine has to find a way out of the country. Persuading his parents to send him to America, John arrives at the Junior Success Boarding School in Salem, Massachusetts. But once there,he finds himself to be something of an outcast. And he is also convinced that his homeroom teacher really has it in for him. Worse, he's convinced that's she's really a witch. Fortunately, John is able to find one kindred spirit at school with whom he's able to form an alliance--another misfit named Anna, who also happens to have her own developing magical powers. John recruits Anna in his efforts to uncover the truth about Ms. Kayla and expose the Meanest Teacher's real identity to the world. Joined by a friendly demon named Etrigan, these two amateur sleuths will uncover clues and stumble upon forces beyond their control in a humorous series of misadventures.

CONSTANTINE-010-color.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&

CONSTANTINE-023-color.jpg?q=50&fit=crop& 

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse panel is scheduled for Nov. 14...

Speedy Comics Con, November 13-14, 2020 (Virtual Event from Dubai, UAE)
Virtual Guests:  Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford (also Katie Cassidy, Sam Witwer, Erica Durance, Tom Welling and Kevin Conroy)
https://www.speedycomicscon.com/

November 14 (@ 5:00pm UAE / 5:00am PST):
1604251659_1604249703_1604201432_Panel_G

https://www.speedycomicscon.com/blogs/news/nov-14-arrowverse

• Brandon Routh "The Atom"
  • Caity Lotz "White Canary"
  • Katie Cassidy "Black Canary"
  • Courtney Ford "Nora Darhk"
Edited by tv echo

مقابلة مع سوبرمان / اتوم Brandon Routh
Geek House Show   Nov 3, 2020

Brandon Routh will be attending Speedy Comics Con, The First ever virtual Comic Con on the Middle East on Nov 13th and 14th , don't miss your chance to meet him there.

-- When asked to confirm rumors that Superman Returns was supposed to have a sequel, BR: "Yeah. I mean... the intention was to do a sequel. Um, always to do - you know, with a big tentpole movie like that, they want to make more, as long as they feel like they've recouped, um, the money that they invested into the film. Um, a the end of the day, the studio, Warner Brothers, decided that it was too much of a gamble for them to do a sequel, um, and the creative entities, the director and the writers, kind of were onto other things. And, um, certain people at the studio who were excited about Superman had left to go onto other projects in other studios. And so, it was both the passion and the interest in Superman dissipated and also the movie didn't, I guess for them, um, bring back enough, uh, monetary success for them to actually continue on."

-- When asked whether there is a chance we could see him reprise his role of Superman from Superman Returns and COIE in the upcoming The Flash movie, BR: "Can we? I mean, yeah, I mean, that's always a possibility. Um, and, of course, they're bringing in Michael Keaton, which I'm excited about, uh, and some other people from the past DC projects. Um, I think it's very exciting. It worked really well with - in Crisis On Infinite Earths, and I was, uh, extremely proud and honored to be a part of it and to reprise Superman - my Superman. Um, so it's a possi - absolutely a possibility. I mean, you - you can do anything. You know, everybody lives and dies all the time in those things."

-- When asked what was the most special thing about being part of the Arrowverse, BR: "Uh, you know, it was just a great experience for me to be part of the DC Universe again, uh, and to be on Arrow. I had a great time on that show. And then getting to - for me, the unique - the most unique thing was getting to create that character. In Superman, I had the honor to step into the foots - uh, into the - into the footsteps of Christopher Reeve, who's my Superman. But in - in - in Legends - excuse me, Arrow, with Ray Palmer, and then Legends, I got to create Ray Palmer, um, which was fun and unique and an amazing experience. And so that's one of the coolest parts of it for me. And then just putting that character out - again, another character with positive energy - into the - into the ethos, um, which is something certainly needed at this [time]."

-- Some talk about a possible sequel to Scott Pilgrim.

-- BR answered a series of rapidfire questions:

Q: "Who would win in a fight between Superman and Atom?"
BR: "Superman. Barely."

Q: "Who is a better companion, Beebo or Nate?"
BR: "Nate."

Q: "Who is smarter, Clark Kent or Ray Palmer?"
BR: "Uh, Ray Palmer, science-wise."

Q: "Best Superman suit, Crisis/Kingdom Come or Superman Returns?"
BR: "The Kingdom Come suit."

Q: "What is more dangerous, gelato or Kryptonite?"
BR: "Oh! Uh, well, uh, Kryptonite, certainly."

Q: "What do you prefer, acting in movies or TV shows?"
BR: "Uh, I have - both. I can't - they're both great. Depends on the character."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

مقابلة مع نورا دارك Courtney Ford
Geek House Show   Nov 4, 2020

Courtney Ford will be attending Speedy Comics Con, The First ever virtual Comic Con on the Middle East on Nov 13th and 14th , don't miss your chance to meet her there.

-- When asked which character was more interesting to play, Nora Darhk, Damian Darhk's daughter, or Nora Darhk, Fairy Godmother, CF: "More interesting? Oh, my goodness. They were both very interesting to me in different ways. Um, you know, uh, Nora, when she was, um, dealing with being possessed by Mallus, uh, that had some, uh, challenges, uh, just because - um, for instance, I had to really enunciate my words so that John Noble, who was the voice for Mallus, would have an easier time recording his voice over mine. Um, and so I was always thinking about that. But then in a way it was easier because Dark Nora had a very clear mission and a clear vision and a goal for what she wanted to do, what she wanted to accomplish. So then with Fairy Godmother Nora, well, number one, the dress is very itchy. It leaves a trail of glitter wherever I go. You can always tell, oh, Courtney was there because there's just glitter everywhere. It's always falling off the dress. Um, also, uh, Fairy Godmother Nora's still finding her way. So I would say, in a way she's not as confident as Dark Nora because she's still trying to figure out how she fits in and how she's going to go about this new, um, part of her life. So I really enjoyed the curiosity, but also I didn't know sometimes in a scene, oh, my gosh, am I not feeling confident because Nora's not confident in this moment, or because I am, you know what I mean? So it's very interesting, both of those roles."

-- When asked if she has a special scene or special episode that she loved more than any other episode or in the show itself, CF: "It's so hard to choose. I know the Berlin episode, um, 'No Country for Old Dads' in Season 3, just has a special place in my heart because I think that's where I personally really fell in Nora, and I thought, oh, my God, now I love her, how can I ever - you know, now I never want to let her go. And then that solidified more of a relationship with - with Damian, my father, and - and with Ray. Um, so that's very special to me. Um, but then 'Mr. Parker's Neighborhood' in Season 5 - right? Um, it's also very special to me just because, uh, of the emotions. Obviously, we left everything out on the table. Um, but during the 'Mr. Parker's Neighborhood' scene, our son was there on set. So it was - it was really cool to - to have him there behind the camera. I think they even let him yell, 'action,' um, for one of the scenes... That was cool."

-- When asked what it was like working with BR on the set of Legends and whether they discovered something new about each other during their time on Legends, CF: "We got to have - so we've worked together many times before, um, on different projects. But this was the time where we just got to have so much fun, because there were more opportunities for physical comedy. So before a scene, we would get together and talk, okay, what if we did this, what if we did this, what if we did this? What if we crash into each other, bump into each other and, you know, stumble around? Uh, and that was fun to try to, um, you know, strategize and work things out with him and laugh and laugh and laugh, so it was really great."

-- Some talk about CF voicing the character of Piper Wright in Fallout 4 (video game).

-- When asked who she thinks is a better journalist, Piper Wright or Clark Kent, CF: "Oooooh. Okay, so here's the thing. I feel like the answer is Piper, because that is what she's dedicated her life to. That is not a secret identity. It's not a part of her life. That is her life. So she will grab onto a story. She won't let go. And that is her only mission, kind of. You know what I mean? To find the truth. Whereas Clark, he's - he's great. He's a reporter. He wants to find the story. But he chose that profession because that is also a way for him to - for Kal-El to fit into society, as a secret identity, as Clark. Do you know what I mean? ... Like singular focus. So that's why I think Piper might be better as a reporter."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

My hope is that this will be DC's version of the MCU Hulk and we get to see a Green Lantern story play out over various shows. I know they're playing up the mystery character he'll play on LOT but I'd like to see Dig at least say hi to Sara and Con at some point.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

My hope is that this will be DC's version of the MCU Hulk and we get to see a Green Lantern story play out over various shows. I know they're playing up the mystery character he'll play on LOT but I'd like to see Dig at least say hi to Sara and Con at some point.

Who do you call when someone is abducted out of their solar system?

A space cop.  Just sayin'.

Not to mention, if Diggle shows up on Legends and he's NOT a Green Lantern at this point, the six of us who are still watching the show because we're DC fans are going to go ballistic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The A.V. Club’s favorite TV episodes of 2020
The A.V. Club    December 12, 2020
https://tv.avclub.com/the-a-v-club-s-favorite-episodes-of-2020-1845844845

The A.V. Club’s end-of-year coverage is officially underway—check out our picks for the best movie trailers and film scenes. Before our best TV shows list arrives next week, we’re looking back at our favorite episodes of the year with this week’s AVQ&A:

https://tv.avclub.com/the-a-v-club-s-favorite-episodes-of-2020-1845844845/slides/3

3/16  ...   DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, “The One Where We’re Trapped On TV”
There was no chance I was ever going to pick anything other than Legends Of Tomorrow’s “The One Where We’re Trapped On TV” for this list. My love for this show is well-documented at this site, but come on, this was made for me. The CW’s worst/goofiest/best superheroes end up in a universe where they’re all characters on TV shows, living through elaborate parodies of Star Trek, Downton Abbey, and Friends, right down to the ridiculous wigs, extremely accurate (yet legally distinct) sets, and ready-made catchphrases? To quote lovable actor and neighbor Nate Heywood from Ultimate Buds: “Why not?” [Sam Barsanti]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The 30 best TV episodes of 2020
By EW Staff December 15, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/best-tv-episodes-2020/ 

"The One Where We're Trapped on TV" — DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
(Written by Grainne Godfree and James Eagan, directed by Marc Guggenheim)      

Legends of Tomorrow went on a fun and moving Magic School-Bus-like journey through television in season 5's penultimate episode. With the Legends trapped on TV, director Marc Guggenheim, director of photography David Geddes, and the art department impressively replicated the shooting styles and look of each show being parodied — Friends, Downton Abbey, Stark Trek, and Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood — which made the hour fun and immersive. Yet, the script's "For the Man Who Has Everything"-like twist and the cast's heartbreaking performances are what pushed the story over the top, because they spotlighted what makes the titular screw-ups so heroic: Despite their dark pasts, they try to do better every day. In a year without a new MCU release and where Amazon's The Boys savagely (and convincingly) read superhero media for filth, "Trapped" (and the season as a whole) was a welcomed reminder that all is not lost for the genre. —Chancellor Agard

Honorable Mention: "Mr. Parker's Cul-De-Sac"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The most memorable shipper moments of 2020
By EW Staff December 17, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/most-memorable-shipper-moments-2020/ 

Ray and Nora’s wedding and Zari 1.0 and Nate’s reunion, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

The wacky-heartwarming superhero show’s fifth season wasn’t lacking in the romance department. First, there was Ray (Brendan Routh) and Nora’s (Courtney Ford) inevitable wedding, a sweet affair that was made even sweeter because Ford and Routh are married in real life and Neil McDonough returned as daddy darkhest, Damien Darhk for the occasion. And then later on in the season, Legends mended and broke our hearts when Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari 1.0 (Tala Ashe) found each other only to be separated once again when Zari 1.0 went back inside the totem to save her brother’s life. (And Zari 2.0 and Constantine’s unexpected pairing also deserves a shoutout!) —C.A.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sarah’s Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV Shows of 2020
December 15, 2020   Sarah Fields
https://telltaletv.com/2020/12/sarahs-top-10-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-tv-shows-of-2020/ 

Here, in no particular order, are my top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV shows of 2020 (a warning: some mild spoilers ahead).
2. Legends of Tomorrow (CW)
The big climactic battle of Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 Episode 15, “The Swan Song,” sees the team take on history’s worst villains, armed with shake weights, pogo sticks, and a Flowbee, all set to the sweet sounds of an animatronic Sisqo singing, “The Thong Song.”

It is delightful and thrilling, and it is absolutely on-brand for this team of lovable misfits. 

The joyful irreverence that has been a hallmark of the show for the last three seasons continues to be the show’s sweet spot in this fifth season as it finds new playful ways to make fun of pop culture and themselves. 

More than that though, Legends of Tomorrow leads with its heart and ultimately that’s why we love it so much. Woven into sublime farcical moments like Shakespeare’s version of the Justice League, beer pong with gods, and trips to Mr. Parker’s Cul de Sac, are sweet, sentimental stories about family and love.

We also can’t talk about season five of Legends of Tomorrow without talking about Tala Ashe and her marvelous performance. She plays two fully realized versions of the same character and manages to make us fall in love with both. It is one of my favorite performances of the year.

Legends of Tomorrow continues to be a welcome burst of color and fun in the CW Arrowverse and the perfect antidote to a stressful day or hard year.

Breeze’s Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV Series of 2020
December 13, 2020   Breeze Riley
https://telltaletv.com/2020/12/breezes-top-10-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-tv-series-of-2020/ 

In no particular order, here are my Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV series of 2020.
8. Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Legends of Tomorrow continues to be the Arrowverse’s best-kept secret, with every season more hilarious and wild than the last. I love how the series reinvents itself slightly each season while still being the goofy, heartfelt show we’ve grown to love.

Season 5 leans into the occult and mythology, giving viewers plenty to pique their interests. Astra Logue, played by Olivia Swann, is a deliciously cunning villain who shares great chemistry with the team even when she’s trying to undermine them. 

The time-traveling nature of the show means there’s a new setting every week, but their extra special episodes take the cake. From the “documentary” making up the premiere to having an entire episode skewering classic TV, the show’s meta look at entertainment kept me laughing all season.

Despite losing cast members Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford during the season, the ensemble cast kept the show at top form through the end. Tala Ashe’s performance as Zari 2.0 especially stands out, as she manages to make us love the new version of the character just as much as the old. 

I never thought I’d hear the “Thong Song” on a superhero show, but I should know better by now than to put anything past Legends of Tomorrow.

Sarah’s Top 10 TV Couples of 2020
December 18, 2020    Sarah Fields
https://telltaletv.com/2020/12/sarahs-top-10-tv-couples-of-2020/ 

In celebration of love and the exhilaration of a great story, here, in no particular order, are my 10 favorite TV couples of 2020. (There are some spoilers ahead, so be warned)
2. Ray and Nora (Legends of Tomorrow)
Writing about Nora and Ray for this list is bittersweet since Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 gives us some of their best moments, both as characters and as a couple, but is also their last season and series regulars. 

A classic enemies to lovers romance brought to life by the fantastic chemistry of real-life husband and wife Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford, Nora and Ray are among the most heartwarming and uplifting ships of 2020. 

Ray sees good in Nora she doesn’t know is there until she meets him. And, like any good idealist, Ray inspires Nora to be the best version of herself. The version he sees when no one else does. He helps her break down cynical walls and step out of her father’s shadow so she can find her voice and chart her own path.

His faith in her is so stalwart that she can’t help but believe in herself eventually, too.

Every step of their relationship feels earned and organic right up to their wedding on the sweetly irreverent Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 Episode 7 “Mr. Parkers Cul de Sac.”

Nora and Ray’s final episode is one of the most difficult goodbyes on a show that has seen many of them. It’s a testament to the great characters Ray and Nora are and to a beautiful romance between two unlikely lovers. 

Edited by tv echo

Year in Review: Underrated Actors, Best Episodes, Saddest Cancellation, Most Unnecessary Death and More
By Team TVLine / December 10 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/12/10/tv-shows-2020-best-worst-moments-ncis-superstore/
https://tvline.com/gallery/2020-tv-shows-best-worst-moments-photos/tender-is-the-nate/?ref=https://tvline.com/2020/12/10/tv-shows-2020-best-worst-moments-ncis-superstore/

Most Underrated Performance by an Actress (Drama)
Tala Ashe, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

@tv echo Thank you for bringing over these year end lists. I truly appreciate all the links, interviews, transcriptions and etc that you shared here this year 🙏

Happy Holidays everybody 🕎🌟👼👶🍷🎄🎁🕯️🎶🍾

• Love 3

12 TV Ships That Made Us Smile in 2020
Meredith Jacobs    December 19, 2020
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/best-tv-couples-wynonna-earp-arrowverse-ncis-la/ 

Legends of Tomorrow's Sara and Ava
We may have no idea how long-distance their relationship technically is at the moment — Sara (Caity Lotz) was abducted by aliens at the end of Season 5! — but we’re not worried about her and Ava (Jes Macallan) and we were treated to plenty of happy moments for the two, even as they dealt with Sara’s blindness.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

2020 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 20 2020
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-quotes-2020-jeopardy-saturday-night-live-photos/legends-of-tomorrow-superman-handsome-quote/ 

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

legends-of-tomorrow-superman-quote.png?w

“Ray, who else saved the multiverse?”

“Oh, well, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman…”

“What, no Superman?”

“No, Superman was there. He’s very handsome.”

Ray (Brandon Routh) recalls meeting Earth-96’s Man of Steel (also played by Brandon Routh)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The CW Boss Mark Pedowitz On Launching New Season In January, Stacked Summer & Fall 2021 Plans
By Peter White, Nellie Andreeva    January 14, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/01/the-cw-mark-pedowitz-on-2021-new-season-launch-summer-fall-2021-plans-renewals-cancelations-the-flash-riverdale-swamp-thing-1234673373/ 

Pedowitz said that the [Swamp Thing] show performed well digitally for The CW Seed and was happy that it aired it, but that would like to focus on shows such as Wonder Girl, Naomi or Painkiller “if we want to go in that direction”. “It’d be interesting to have Swamp Thing on Legends of Tomorrow, that would be a fun way to do it, but I’m not sure that would happen,”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

That calls back to Marc Guggenheim's comment on Twitter that he wanted to have Swamp Thing and Constantine meet up during Crisis, but word came down from Very High Up that that was NOT going to be allowed to happen.  My interpretation: J.J. Abrams has dibs on that first on-screen meetup for the Justice League Dark show he's working on for HBOM.

• Love 1