Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I watched GalaxyCon's April 25th LoT panel with Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Neal McDonough and Matt Letscher. They mostly talked about stuff they've talked about in previous con panels, like their best memories from the LoT set, what superpower they'd want, which other role they'd want to play, their last day on the LoT set, etc. As in previous cons, NM contrasted working on the darker Arrow with the lighter LoT, was complimentary to SA, but you could tell that he had a lot more fun working on LoT. The only thing new to me was ML, who apparently is a huge fan of Caity Lotz and thought that she should try for the next "James Bond" role. You can watch video of this panel for free by registering with an email address here (they'll email you the video link):
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/16/apr-25-legends

Also, fans posted videos of their 1-on-1 chats with BR and ML:
My Virtual GalaxyCon Video Chat with Brandon Routh (25th April 2021)
Seb Sandford   Apr 26, 2021

Quick chat with Matt Letscher | Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne
someweirdguy   Apr 26, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's cool that ML is a fan of Caity. I think she would've made a better Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat then the actress they hired. But I suppose having 2 Arrowverse actors in it would've been weird. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The CW Sets Summer Premieres For Final ‘Supergirl’ Season, ‘DC’s Stargirl’, ‘Roswell, NM’ & More; ‘Riverdale’ Moves To August
By Erik Pedersen   April 29, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-cw-summer-premiere-dates-stargirl-roswell-riverdale-supergirl-finale-set-1234746797/ 

Also landing premiere dates today are the returns of Dead Pixels, Coroner, Burden of Truth; new episodes of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; and the U.S. broadcast premiere of What We Do in the Shadows spinoff series Wellington Paranormal. See the full schedule below.
Sunday, July 11
8-9 p.m. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 6B premiere)
9-9:30 p.m. Wellington Paranormal (Series premiere)
9:30-10 p.m. Wellington Paranormal (Original episode)
Sunday, July 18
8-9 p.m. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Original episode)
9-9:30 p.m. Wellington Paranormal (Original episode)
9:30-10 p.m. Dead Pixels (Season 2 premiere)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

This article is very long and each episode pick (listed below) is discussed (not quoted below)...

10 episodes that take DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow from bad superhero show to best superhero show
Sam Barsanti and William Hughes   April 29, 2021
https://tv.avclub.com/10-episodes-that-take-dc-s-legends-of-tomorrow-from-bad-1846734454

DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow is a weird show on every level—conceptually, plot-wise, and even in its overall journey. It was built as a spin-off from both The CW’s Arrow and The Flash, but it’s not really about fan-favorite characters who necessarily demanded to be given their own separate stories. Instead, the characters that really make sense on Legends are the ones who didn’t fit in on the shows that birthed them. Brandon Routh’s Ray Palmer was a quippy, gentler version of Iron Man on Arrow, but once he learned how to become a good superhero, there wasn’t anything for him to do. Similarly, Victor Garber’s Professor Martin Stein and Franz Drameh’s Jefferson Jackson—who each formed half of the superhero Firestorm—couldn’t find a niche on The Flash, since it already had smart people, and any issue big enough to require Firestorm’s bottomless set of powers should really be solved by the Flash anyway (his name is in the title).

So The CW punted those characters—along with Caity Lotz’s Sara Lance, Dominic Purcell’s Mick Rory/Heat Wave, Wentworth Miller’s Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, Ciara Renée’s Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl and Falk Hentschel’s Carter Hall/Hawkman—off onto a time-traveling spaceship where they could fight an immortal despot (Casper Crump’s Vandal Savage) and have all sorts of superhero adventures without necessarily needing to infringe on the continuity of their parent shows. A fine idea, especially with actual veteran of time travel Captain Rip Hunter (Doctor Who’s Arthur Darvill) at the helm originally, but the cracks quickly started to show.

From the outset, Legends had a hard time wrangling its large cast of characters. The show failed to present them as people instead of pieces from other stories repurposed for a new narrative. This was especially the case with Carter and Kendra, referred to by Legends fans these days—with a sour grimace—as “the Hawkpeople.” Carter and Kendra, a pair of Egyptian lovers who were destined to die and be reborn over and over again throughout history, were living MacGuffins and the key to defeating Vandal Savage, which seems cool on paper. The problem is that they were just so damn boring. The writers never found anything interesting for them to do, falling back on Kendra’s repeated reminders that she used to be a barista so often that it seemed like a running joke (if the show had possessed the awareness at that point to even approach something like a running joke).

But Legends did what legends do: It lived on. It persevered and adapted and changed. In one of the most impressive turnarounds in genre TV history, the writers and actors shook off the things that didn’t work in season one—the villain, the Hawkpeople, the overly serious tone—and reshaped the show into something smarter and sillier. Rather than a show about screw-ups trying to do the right thing, it became a show about screw-ups owning the fact that they screw things up and trying to make the best of whatever goofy situations they found themselves in.

Sam’s pick: “Pilot” (season one, episode one)
William’s pick: “Out Of Time” (season two, episode one)

Sam’s pick: “Raiders Of The Lost Art” (season two, episode nine)
William’s pick: “Aruba-Con” (season three, episode one)

Sam’s pick: “Beebo The God Of War” (season three, episode nine)
William’s pick: “Here I Go Again” (season three, episode eleven) 

Sam’s pick: “Guest Starring John Noble” (season three, episode 17)
William’s pick: “The Good, The Bad, And The Cuddly” (season three, episode 18)

Sam’s pick: “Wet Hot American Bummer” (season four, episode four)
William’s pick: “The One Where We’re Trapped On TV” (season five, episode thirteen)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The cast and showrunner talk to EW about the ten episodes of the show they recommend watching. I don't agree with Caity Lotz about skipping to season 3. Season 2 is when the show really begins to improve. 

• Love 4

I love Season 2 but if you are in for the zany and AvaLance than that's the season to start. S2 might be my favorite season. It's the best of what season 1 had to offer and signs of the zanny before it is what dominates.  But I hope people don't skip season 1. There are some great episodes and even more a lot of great scenes and character development. 

• Love 3

Caity was all about promoting Avalance in the EW clip, so I get why she said to start with Season 3. I don't agree with her either because I also think Season 2 is the best. It has the right mix of humor and seriousness. Season 1 was good except for the Hawks and Rip scolding the team after every mission. But the show has become a wacky comedy more and more since Season 3, and that makes it hard for me to care about the characters the way I would have in a drama.

• Love 2
(edited)

My favorite section of the show is from 2.09 Raiders of the Lost Art through 3.13 No Country for Old Dads.   For me, that section had the perfect mix of crazy + character + team family.  After the season three finale, it seemed like they went all in on the crazy and lost track of the characters to a certain extent, especially the ones who weren’t their own original characters, like Sara and Ray and Mick.  Plus, while there’d always been some romantic relationships, to me, it felt like the strength of the show was in the platonic team family relationships, and as they focused more on the romantic relationships, particularly Avalance (because of how Sara as a character ended up getting lost in that), but also Ray/Nora and Nate/Zari, I think....well, at least for me personally, they ended up losing a lot of what appealed to me about the show.   I was never here for the ships.  I was here for the characters and the team family and Sara kicking ass as Captain Lance.  And I feel like the show has lost a lot of that, at least for me.  

I remember early on, despite the weaknesses in the first season and early season two, having a lot of praise for the way the writers mixed up the character relationships, and everyone got a chance to interact with everyone.  You can’t say that anymore.  It’s worst with Sara, in that she rarely gets to be with anyone except Ava, but I don’t think she’s the only one affected.  I guess we’ll see how that, at least, changes due to circumstances this season.

Edited by Starfish35
Fixing “season season”
  • Love 7

For a couple of years, the PR line was, "Skip to Season 2," but now that they've gone into overdrive trying to make Co-Captain Fetch happen, the new PR line of course says to skip to when Ava showed up. Notice the only times a character is mentioned in any of those episode recommendations, it's about Ava, with Adam even ignoring that Sara was part of the fight scene in, "I, Ava." Considering everyone was still enthusiastic about S2 until last season and what actors have complained about or said they've wanted in less network-controlled environments suggest they have more issues with later seasons than the earlier ones, I don't buy the idea to start at S3 is genuine coming from certain people.

As for what to expect in S6, interviews like this one tell me it'll just be more of the same BS as last season, if not cranked up to 11.

• Love 5

They are so desperate to have people love Ava. When besides Avalance shippers, I don't think most others care about her as her own character. Mostly because she barely is one. She hasn't changed much from the character she was is in her first episode. 

Even her list was just her judgments on each of them. Which she has always had about them. It's too bad they just wanted to make Sara 2.0 with her (which in itself is why I can't get behind Avalance) instead of making Ava her own character. 

• Love 2

Since I gravitated to the show as a superhero teamup, I think S2 is still my favorite.  As others said, it doesn't have the lame villain in Crump's Vandal Savage, and it doesn't have the super-awkward Hawk storyline (and the fact they couldn't afford to do the Hawks decently didn't help). One thing S1 did that I liked was the constant 2-parters, which meant they spent half the money on sets they otherwise would have, leaving at least a bit of room for effects.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

One thing S1 did that I liked was the constant 2-parters

Agreed - I liked that as well.  The Russia 2-parter from that season is still some of their better episodes, I think.  

• Love 3
(edited)

TV Ratings: NCIS: Los Angeles Rises, CW Slips With Sunday Change-Up
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 3 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/05/03/tv-ratings-legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-premiere-lows/

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow opened Season 6 with series lows (460K/0.1), but an average TVLine reader grade of “A-“; read our post mortem. Now airing an hour later, Batwoman (381K/0.1, read post mortem) hit and tied series lows.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 6 Trailer | The CW
The CW Network   May 4, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

TV Ratings: NCIS: Los Angeles Rises, CW Slips With Sunday Change-Up
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 3 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/05/03/tv-ratings-legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-premiere-lows/

I work at a college and at least for me, this past weekend was graduation and move-out. I missed both episodes and I bet a lot of viewers in the college-age range did too, it was just a busy time. (Also I have been watching Supergirl and The Flash still, and I can't remember any promo in the past couple weeks for the start of LoT, so that probably didn't help)

• Love 1
On 5/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, shantown said:

I work at a college and at least for me, this past weekend was graduation and move-out. I missed both episodes and I bet a lot of viewers in the college-age range did too, it was just a busy time. (Also I have been watching Supergirl and The Flash still, and I can't remember any promo in the past couple weeks for the start of LoT, so that probably didn't help)

That's fair,  I always watch next day but my fiance watches live and he's been busy working on his dissertation and didn't have time to watch until this morning. 

• Love 1
(edited)

LoT is a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, Tala Ashe is a nominee for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, and Matt Ryan and Nick Zano are nominees for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 1)
May 7, 2021    Tell-Tale TV
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-1/

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the many categories below from now through Thursday, May 13th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021.
The top 12 nominees in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round 2, which will begin on Friday, May 14th. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow's Gary Green Brings His Alien Expertise to Season 6
BY MEAGAN DAMORE     MAY 9, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-season-6-adam-tsekhman-interview/ 

CBR: Gary has been a Time Bureau agent, a villain, a sorcerer's apprentice and now an alien. What can't he do?
Adam Tsekhman:
It's a great question. I mean, it's kind of funny, because it seems like he actually can't do anything, and yet he gets to do everything. So there's a dichotomy. What can't he do? He can't do anything, is the answer. But he gets to do everything.
At what point did the writers let you in on the fact Gary was an alien? What was your initial reaction?
So they kind of teased it at the end of last season, that they were thinking about going in that direction, and I thought it was hilarious. I was excited about it. Obviously, I had no idea what kind of alien, what kind of alien planet, or what his purpose is -- any of those things! But yeah, I thought it was really fun.

And then I started thinking about the past seasons and the things that Gary had done and how they sort of justify him not being from this planet, and then certain moments started to make sense. "Oh, yeah! Right! He didn't understand that. That made no sense. Now it makes sense!"
Has it ever come up that Gary's glasses transformation is similar to Clark Kent becoming Superman?
Actually, we were talking about it this week on set. I mean, it's always kind of funny that the Clark Kent glasses, those are just not that much of -- like, it's still clearly Superman. But at least in this case, the glasses, I mean, that is a big transformation! You definitely would not know that that's an alien. [laughs]

It looks like you and Caity Lotz got to work together quite a bit this season. What was that like for you?
It was fantastic! Yeah, I love Caity. She's amazing. We had a really fun time exploring. We shot out in the wilderness a lot, which was cold, because it was winter in British Columbia. There were some nights where it was really kind of brutal outside, and I was like, "Look, we're on a different planet, so it works! It's good. We're uncomfortable. We should be uncomfortable!" [laughs] But we got along brilliantly. Yeah, it was a real joy working with her.

What helped you turn the Canadian wilderness into a rough alien terrain?
Well, we actually shot in a place I don't think I'd ever been there before, in this area called Menzies Bay, and it's pretty. It's funny, because it's right next to this incredibly beautiful ocean with mountains and everything. We shot like just 20 yards away from this beauty into this rocky, still beautiful but much more rugged landscape that does look like kind of some weird planet, but also they had these massive fans that were just blowing wind at us. We were freezing, and it was raining, and so it wasn't too hard to feel as though you are not in a hospitable place. The crew did an amazing job letting us just feel it and it was there for us.

I feel like, for the first time in a while, Gary's got more knowledge on a situation than Sara does. How does that impact their dynamic?
Yeah, that's interesting. I mean, I think what we learn about Gary -- well, we've seen this a lot, but learn a lot this season, is he does know things, but he often chooses very directly not to share them. When he does, it's kind of becoming like a little bit of a tagline where he says, "Did I not mention that before?" I don't know if he's legitimately thought he mentioned it, or that's his, "Oh, sorry! Oh, I didn't realize! Oh, I probably thought I said that!" That's him just completely lying.

I like the idea that Gary is slightly more manipulative and uses his nerdy neuroticness as a cover, which is fun to think about, like, "I just didn't realize!", that sort of, "I'm so sorry, I thought I said something and I didn't and [yells]," when in fact, in this situation, I think, even though Sara is clearly incredibly capable of taking care of herself, this might be something that even she is overwhelmed and he at least has a little more knowledge about this.

Throughout the season, Gary is kind of the guy, or the alien, they turn to for information about the aliens they're going to interact with, because he's the only one who understands all these -- or a certain percentage of -- these different species.

How else will we Gary's relationship with Sara evolve as they spend more time together?
Well, I think Gary will prove his usefulness, will actually be able to help her, but ultimately not really. Eventually, it does revert back to -- it doesn't even revert, even in the first episode. I mean, in that first episode, what is Gary doing? He's badly commandeering the ship while she manages to get rid of all these aliens and survive, holding on with her finger pads to a console while everything [gets blown out an airlock]. So I think Gary is her partner-in-crime, but Sara is the real superhero here. Let's be honest!
What can you tease about Season 6's big bad?
He's really very unique. I mean, unique in the way Legends does their characters. He's amazing. It's an amazing character and a really fun bad. It's a bad guy that we will really enjoy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Screwing Summer Up For The Better Interview | The CW
The CW Network    May 11, 2021

*UPDATED* THE CW NETWORK CONTINUES TO EXTEND ITS SUMMER 2021 SCHEDULE WITH ADDITIONAL RETURNING FAVORITES
The CW     May 10, 2021
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/the-cw/shows/the-outpost/releases/view?id=57524 

Below, please find The CW’s complete calendar for its Summer 2021 schedule including new series and returning season premieres and key revised dates. All times ET/PT:
SUNDAY, JULY 11
8:00-9:00pm DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Original Episode)
9:00-9:30pm WELLINGTON PARANORMAL (Series Debut)
9:30-10:00pm WELLINGTON PARANORMAL (Original Episode)
SUNDAY, JULY 18
8:00-9:00pm DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Original Episode)
9:00-9:30pm WELLINGTON PARANORMAL (Original Episode)
9:30-10:00pm DEAD PIXELS (Season Premiere)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

LoT survived to Round 2 and is still a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series. Tala Ashe also survived to Round 2 and is still a nominee for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series. Matt Ryan and Nick Zano also survived to Round 2 and are still nominees for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 2)
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-2/

For this round, you can vote for just ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 20th at 8pm EST. You can vote once each day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 
The top 6 votes in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to the Final Round of voting, which will begin on Friday, May 21st.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Suit Up With The CW’s DC Heroes In a New Promo Poster
BLAIR MARNELL    MAY 14, 2021
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/497770-suit-up-with-the-cws-dc-heroes-in-a-new-promo-poster 

Nearly ten years ago, Arrow ushered in the new age of superheroes on The CW. While that series has come and gone, the Arrowverse lives on, regardless of The CW’s attempt to rebrand it as the CWverse. Now, The CW has released a new promo poster featuring its heroes from seven different DC series.

In the “Suit Up” poster, from left to right, we have Black Lightning, The Flash, Stargirl, White Canary, Superman, Batwoman, and Supergirl. Of the seven shows represented, only Stargirl takes place on a different Earth. However, it does share a DC multiverse with the other six series.

The-CW-Suit-Up.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow: Zari Tarazi’s Journey to Find Her Best Self
By Lacy Baugher   May 16, 2021
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-zari-tarazi-tala-ashe-interview/ 

“I think sometimes people forget, [Zari 2.0] is the same person,” [Tala] Ashe tells Den of Geek. “This is a being of the same soul. Understandably, what sometimes gets a little lost [because] they are, especially aesthetically, very different. But they come from the same place.

“And for me, as an actor, it’s been really an interesting meditation on nature versus nurture. Their nature is the same in spite of [the fact that] they have very different circumstances.”
“Where we find Zari at the beginning of the season, in general, is in that kind of awkward, somewhat painful place of growth that I think a lot of us experience where she is not quite secure in her authentic self,” Ashe says. “This episode [6.03, 'The Ex-Factor'] challenges [her] – is this, the old world of 2045, the one that I fit in and belong in? Or am I growing towards [becoming] this other person?

“I don’t think she’s particularly happy inside of [that influencer persona], but it’s the devil she knows. She knows how to play that part and be who people expect her to be.”
“What we get to see in this episode is the discomfort of her stepping back into this life that she’s in some ways outgrown,” Ashe said. “She’s evolved and [is] evolving.”
A big part of that evolution is thanks to her romance with fellow Legend John Constantine, a relationship that Ashe herself laughingly admits “doesn’t really make sense on paper.”

“Yet, kind of against all logical odds, what we get to see and what I think Zari has an inkling about in this episode, and even more as the season goes on, is that actually, he’s someone that she can be herself with,” she says. “And that is everything to someone who has been playing a part so intensely for most of her life.”
“Being able to go head-to-head with each other is attractive to both of them,” Ashe says. “There’s many classic tales of these kinds of couples coming together. But it’s interesting to think about how different [this relationship] is from Zari 1.0 and Nate. [This] Zari kind of needs someone that gives her a little bit of fight. And I think John does as well.”
“I think neither of these people knows how to be in a relationship, really,” Ashe explains. “We’re going to get to see them move beyond [their] obvious physical attraction. They really care about each other. [But], when things get complicated on the Waverider – as they always do! – then things [between them] get complicated, especially with John’s story. [What happens] inherently pushes them to a more serious place in their relationship, with the stakes of what’s going on.

“And I think, by the end, these are two people who are, for better or for worse, in a real, complicated relationship and it gets very, very tricky.”

Yet, to hear Ashe tell it, Zari’s journey toward her true self is still in its early stages. “As with Zari 1.0, it’s a journey of trying to step into vulnerability when that’s [a] really scary [thing to do]. It’s scary to both Zaris. Fundamentally, both of them are guarded in lots of ways.”
“Zari 2.0 is very much grappling with this season where she kind of feels like the lesser Zari, the less cool, chill, tough Zari. And she knows there are people on the ship that would prefer in some ways for Zari 1.0 to be there,” Ashe says. “That kind of comes out in [her and] Behrad[‘s] relationship too – [he’s] a constant reminder is that she’s there because 1.0 sacrificed herself. I don’t know if impostor syndrome is the right word but [she’s] trying to feel like she deserves to be there.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Two more media interviews with Tala Ashe where she talked about the episode that just aired ("The Ex-Factor"), Zari 1.0 and Zari 2.0, and Zari 2.0's relationship with Constantine (including some vaguely general, spoilerish hints about what's coming up)...

Legends of Tomorrow star Tala Ashe previews Zari's 'struggle' in Masked Singer spoof
By Chancellor Agard    May 14, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-tala-ashe-season-6-episode-3-preview/ 

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW’S TALA ASHE GOES FULL POP STAR TO SAVE THE WORLD, TALKS CONSTANTINE AND B-MOVIE ALIENS TO COME
Trent Moore    May 14, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/legends-of-tomorrows-tala-ashe-interview-aliens-constantine 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

There are 10 cast portraits included in this article (Gary, Sara, Mick, Ava, Spooner, Constantine, Nate, Astra, Behrad, Zari)...

DCs Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Cast Photos Are Here!
Craig Byrne   May 19, 2021 
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/05/19/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-cast-photos-are-here/ 

The CW has released a gallery of cast photos to promote Season 6 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LoT survived to the Final Round as a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Final Round)
Tell-Tale TV     May 21, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-final-round/ 

You can vote for ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 27th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for television shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 

(edited)

Quotes of the Week: Prodigal Son, Pose, Last Man Standing, NCIS: LA and More
By Team TVLine / May 23 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/prodigal-son-series-finale-valium-breakfast-best-tv-quotes/high-school-musical-series-mamma-mia-quote/ 

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“In our future, it’s a wildly popular singing competition and is single-handedly keeping network television alive in 2045.”

“I don’t know what’s more surprising: an alien attacking Zari’s ex-boyfriend, or the fact that network TV still exists.”

Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) schools Nate (Nick Zano) on the hit show Da Throne

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow: Nick Zano Breaks Down Nate's Past, Present & Future
BY MEAGAN DAMORE     MAY 23, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-season-6-nick-zano-nate-interview/ 

I feel like Nate got to steel up for the first time in a while this week. Is that something we'll see more of this year?
I have the good fortune and the misfortune of having a wonderful superpower that costs a tremendous amount of money. It's really something that's a budget reason. We have an enormous show that we pack in every week, and in order for Nate to steel up, we're gonna have to not be on location. I believe it's a fiscal issue. It's very expensive to turn me to steel. Had everybody had the knowledge we have now, I think they would have given me a different superpower when I first joined the show.

What does the process of prepping for those Steel scenes look like for you these days?
It's all digital, but what we do to help that is, at first, it started off as mascara dots on my face, neck and any exposed skin. So that is for the effects team to tie the steel onto my skin in post. So now we've moved to dots, like sticker dots, black sticker dots that go all over me and in all the exposed areas of my skin that are going to be turned to steel at that moment. The tricky part of it is, if I have dialogue while I'm steel, then it gets tricky. So if I'm just turning steel in the fight sequence, it's a lot easier than being steel and delivering dialogue.

Edited by tv echo

In The HBO Max DC Era, It’s Time For The CW’s Arrowverse To End
Paul Tassi   May 23, 2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/05/23/in-the-hbo-max-dc-era-its-time-for-the-cws-arrowverse-to-end/?sh=45531cf5315b 

Legends of Tomorrow has always been the “fun one” of the group here, but even that is waning, and weird things are going on with the cast where members keep leaving either against their will or because they can’t get good contracts (again, budget issues).

(edited)

When I first read the headline, I side-eyed that.  But after reading it...they might have a point - I don’t know.   I do think we might get a final season announcement for Legends this year, and maybe even for Flash, much as that would have surprised me a year or so ago.  Flash isn’t their superstar anymore - I think they’ve shifted focus to Superman & Lois - and with two of their main stars leaving, it seems like the show might be winding down.    

As for new entries, I guess we’ll find out this week.  It sounds like the Black Lightning spinoff hasn’t officially been picked up yet, and there’s also the other DC show - Naomi.  

UPDATE: Naomi has been picked up, Painkiller not going forward.  But I am not sure whether Naomi is part of the Arrowverse, or whether it’s separate like Stargirl.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Legends and Batwoman heading to WednesdaysBeebo getting an animated Christmas special, and Flash starting their season with a “five-episode event” that will include other Arrowverse characters.

♦ The Flash‘s five-episode event will feature crossovers with TBD Arrowverse characters. “We’re talking about other superheroes from the CWverse that will come together in each [of the] individual episodes,” says CW CEO Mark Pedowitz. “That will not quite be a crossover but it will have a crossover-type feel at the introduction of all these characters.”

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Yay for Beebo getting a special but WHEN CAN WE BUY OUR OWN??? Come on Warner Bros! 

I was psyched to see him sitting on the WB logo at the end of the show this season! But yeah, the plush toy market is waiting!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I was psyched to see him sitting on the WB logo at the end of the show this season! But yeah, the plush toy market is waiting!

I just bought three Care Bears for Bestie 1’s kid so, WB, I AM A SURE THING. I will get one for her and me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ratings: All Rise Ends on Low Note, Black Lightning Rises and Debris Flat — Plus, Sunday's Delayed Numbers
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 25 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/25/tv-ratings-all-rise-season-2-finale-cancelled-cbs/ 

Very delayed Sunday ratings: ABC’s AFV (4.8 mil/0.7) was steady, American Idol (5.5 mil/0.7) dipped with finale… CBS’ 60 Minutes drew the night’s biggest audience (7.8 mil), The Equalizer (6.7 mil/0.7), NCIS: LA (5.9 mil/0.6) and NOLA‘s series finale (5 mil/0.5) were all steady… The Billboard Music Awards on NBC (2.3 mil/0.6) took a second annual steep drop… The CW’s Legends (480K/0.1) added a few eyeballs… Fox’s Duncanville (770K/0.3) returned down sharply from freshman averages.

FYI, here's the full Fall TV Schedule (per TVLine - article also lists the midseason launches):
Fall-TV-Grid-2021-final-.jpg 

And LoT makes a couple blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearances in this new promo (posted by The CW Network on YouTube):

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow: Nick Zano Says He Was Told Warner Wanted At Least 100 Episodes When He Came On
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 26, 2021
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legends-of-tomorrow-nick-zano-says-he-was-told-warner-wanted-at-/ 

Last week, DC's Legends of Tomorrow star Nick Zano took center stage for an episode that centered on the Cuban Missile Crisis, and we spoke with him briefly about that. During that conversation, we got to talking a little bit about how the departure of Dominic Purcell means that Nate Heywood (Zano) is now one of the two longest-serving Legends, behind the final original-generation Legend and current captain of the Waverider, Sara Lance (Caity Lotz). It's an interesting place for Zano to be in -- not only becuase it doesn't seem so long since he was the new guy, but because he has never before been the grizzled veteran, hanging out for dozens of episodes and watching turnover.

The good news? It's exactly what he wanted. Fresh off the cancellation of Minority Report, Zano joined Legends of Tomorrow, and he tells us that one of his goals -- he wanted to be on a show that ran for 100 episodes -- lined up with the studio expectations.

"It's so difficult to launch something -- something to stick around, and something that's given air to grow," Zano told ComicBook. "We live in an era where it's got to work right now, and if it doesn't work right now, we have to replace it with something else. As far as Minority Report went, that was something where creatively we were like, 'Oh, it's not this thing we thought. It's this thing about the PreCogs.' But unfortunately we figured that out Episode 4 or 5 out of 10. That's late in the game. That was a bummer, because the people, creatively, were a fantastic team. But that goes to show you even the best of teams, nothing is guaranteed and opportunity is opportunity."

"I've taken every opportunity I've ever been lucky enough to be part of and I try to maximize that opportunity," Zano continued. "I don't dwell on whether it goes or doesn't go, or how long it goes for. I enjoy and do my part of it. I can't control anything else. I can only control myself. So as far as growing into Legends, I always wanted 100 episodes of something. That was on my bucket list of TV acting. 'I just want to get to 100 episodes." When I first negotiated this deal with Peter Roth at Warner Bros., we did it directly. He was like, 'I need a 100 episodes of this.' I was like, 'Well, that's funny because I always wanted to do a 100 episodes of something.' To his credit, he retired this year, but we will do 100 episodes."
By the end of the current (sixth) season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the series will hit 97 episodes. Next season's episode count has not yet been finalized, but it's likely to be somewhere between 13 and 18, as is the norm for Legends. The show's first season, in which Zano didn't appear, accounts for 16 episodes, so if the show gets an eighth season, it's entirely plausible that Zano himself could appear in 100 episodes of Legends before it's over.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, tv echo said:

but it's likely to be somewhere between 13 and 18, as is the norm for Legends.

That quote made me curious, so I checked, and they’ve actually never done less than 15.  Not to say that rules out the possibility of them doing less in the future.  

• Love 2