Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

(edited)

I Think I'm Done With the Arrowverse
Rob Bricken    May 27, 2021
https://gizmodo.com/i-think-im-done-with-the-arrowverse-1846892975 

Looking back, I can see this isn’t a new development. As I sat through each successive year of the ever-expanding roster of shows, watching them has felt increasingly like work. Admittedly, as an io9 writer and editor, keeping up on superhero entertainment has always been part of my job, but as time went on, my pleasure in watching them has decreased, leaving only my professional responsibility and my sense of obligation to keep up with all these stories and characters that I’d already invested so much time in. There are several reasons for this, I think, the first being that all the DCTV superhero shows feel largely the same; they’re all part of the same shared universe, of course, but more importantly, churned out by the same Greg Berlanti-run production factory, so it makes sense they look and feel similar in many ways. But having watched literally hundreds of episodes, none of the shows have the capacity to surprise me anymore other than Legends of Tomorrow (and even that feels like it’s lost a little luster in its recently returned sixth season). .....
I think another large part of the problem is that the various series had been building up to Crisis on Infinite Earths for so long, that the mass, interconnected story they’ve been telling over the last decade felt like it had reached its natural conclusion by ending Oliver Queen’s journey, freeing Barry Allen from his fate, and pitting our heroes against the most powerful enemy in the entire multiverse. Everything since then has been an epilogue that keeps going on and on and on. ....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Passing criticism of LoT in this article...

Is Netflix's Lucifer The Best DC TV Adaptation?
BY LISSETE LANUZA SÁENZ   MAY 31, 2021
https://gamerant.com/netflix-lucifer-best-dc-comics-tv-adaptation/ 

In general, the Arrowverse, for example, has struggled with this kind of commitment. Arrow – their first show – introduced a couple no one cared about and stumbled upon one that a lot of people did by mistake. The Flash has gotten to the point where the couple is the only thing that works, and they don’t take advantage of it enough. Legends of Tomorrow has never made much sense, but the ever-changing roster has made it harder and harder to commit emotionally. Newer shows like Superman and Lois at least have an established family dynamic that works, but even in Superman and Lois, it’s not every character that clicks, just the main four – and not all the time.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here Are the Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, and More
Lindsay MacDonald   June 10, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-watch-netflix-hulu-amazon-disney/ 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Speaking of zany superheroes... Legends of Tomorrow is the binge for you if you want to leave all the serious stuff at the door and just enjoy yourself for a few hours. The series follows a time-traveling team of superheroes called the Legends, whose main mission seems to be having as much fun as possible while saving the world and the timeline. Imagine what would happen if your favorite superheroes got dropped into 17th century France one day and then battled a giant stuffed animal the next, and you've basically got Legends of Tomorrow. [Watch on Netflix]

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Should Loki Have 'Revived' Coulson? Did Legends Tease Wynonna Good? Did Pose Jump the Gun? And More TV Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Charlie Mason / June 11 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/06/11/should-loki-have-mentioned-agents-of-shield-coulson-is-alive-tv-questions/ 

6 | As Earptastic as Legends of Tomorrow‘s references to Wynonna Earp were, did it sting that in Sara’s timeline the show ran for at least 15 seasons?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

DCTV Pride Profile: John Constantine
By DC    June 17th, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/06/17/dctv-pride-profile-john-constantine 

Appears on: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Played by: Matt Ryan

A self-proclaimed master of the dark arts, John Constantine is a bisexual exorcist, demonologist and professional sorcerer with a chip on his shoulder and a penchant for punk rock. Despite his cynical and sarcastic demeanor, this British bad boy is an ally to heroes across the DC Multiverse and has at different times resurrected the souls of both White Canary and Green Arrow, whom he fought alongside during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
What’s your favorite moment your character has had in the Arrowverse so far?   
There are so many... 

In “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” having my Constantine and Tom Ellis’s Lucifer meet is definitely at the top on the list. Getting to play out a lung cancer storyline as John on Legends of Tomorrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Comparing LoT, Loki and The Umbrella Academy...

Time-travel cops are almost always big stinky jerks
By Samantha Nelson  Jun 17, 2021
https://www.polygon.com/22537327/loki-tva-time-travel-cops 

The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow has had two different organizations monitoring the timeline over its six seasons. The first season follows Rip, a rogue Time Master who decides his bosses were wrong to allow the immortal warlord Vandal Savage to conquer Earth. The leader of the Time Masters claims Savage’s rise is necessary to prevent the Earth from an alien invasion in the distant future. That’s the same sort of utilitarianism-based logic used by the TVA and Temps Commission, and it’s never satisfying to free-thinking protagonists who demand a chance at finding a better solution.
Both Loki and the members of The Umbrella Academy rebel against their time bureaucracies out of a need for self-preservation, but the Legends of Tomorrow heroes actually do believe in the mission of protecting the timeline from demons, aliens, and supervillains who would cause chaos. The show’s small group of lovable losers actually set a good example for a less-authoritarian version of temporal enforcement. Sometimes that’s because they screw up and have to accept, like Homer Simpson, that the reality they’ve settled on is “close enough” to what it was meant to be. At other times, their actions seem to make the world a better place than the status quo, like ensuring Albert Einstein’s wife Mileva Maric gets credit for contributing to her husband’s work. The crew and the show itself has come a long way over time, and much of that growth has come from their embrace of the power of agency and change.
Loki’s original path through time let him find something close to redemption, by standing up to Thanos and dying in the process. When he goes off the rails into a new timeline, at least one version of him goes on a killing spree. The members of the Umbrella Academy refuse to believe they can’t save the world, but the apocalyptic events are caused by their own internal strife and out of control powers. The Legends of Tomorrow cause as many problems as they solve, releasing demons and aliens to wreak havoc on history, which they then have to try to clean up.

Yet the organizations enforcing the laws of time always come off as infuriating jerks, because no one likes to be told what they can’t do. The passage of time isn’t something anyone in the real world can control, which is especially frustrating to humans who have gotten used to defying the laws of nature, through everything from space travel to life-extending medical treatments. The TVA, Temps Commission, Time Masters, and Time Bureau represent the oppression of bureaucracy and the indifferent power of a force of nature. That’s something everyone can agree to hate. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm Still Yelling About These 17 TV Moments From This Week, So We Should Talk About Them
By Nora Dominick   June 19, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-6-18-21 

13. On Legends of Tomorrow, Sara shockingly found out that she's actually "dead," and Ava heartbreakingly learned the same.sub-buzz-1960-1623958830-45.jpg Sara being in a new Sara body is something I didn't see coming.

19 Times TV Shows And Movies Decided Not To Cast Younger Actors For Flashbacks And It Was Just Straight-Up Weird
by Hannah Marder    June 20, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/shows-and-movies-using-the-same-actors-in-flashbacks 

16. And that they had Caity Loitz play her teen self in that Legends of Tomorrow episode when everyone meets their younger self, especially because younger actors were used for the other characters.
sub-buzz-872-1623706017-1.png It just seems unnecessarily difficult to then have to film scenes with Caity Loitz playing both parts, instead of just casting an age-appropriate lookalike?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Anna Hopkins might've been your Sara Lance...

-- In this podcast, Anna Hopkins (who played Samantha Clayton on Arrow) said that she auditioned for the role of Sara Lance on Arrow. She was told that it was "super close" and that "it was between [her] and one other person," but was then notified that she didn't get the role (which went to Caity Lotz).

The Very Creative Podcast w/Gabriel Veiga EP24: Anna Hopkins
The Very Creative Podcast    Premiered May 4, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Arrowverse is struggling. Can its creators rebuild?
By Joshua Rivera   June 20, 2021
https://www.polygon.com/entertainment/22539110/flash-supergirl-superman-lois-arrowverse-episodes-problem 

The premiere of Legends of Tomorrow is the moment where the Arrowverse felt a little ridiculous and, perhaps, stretched too thin. Ironically, it’s also the show that would show the way forward for the universe. Between fans and the cast of Legends themselves, everyone seems to agree that the show didn’t find itself until the third season, where everyone involved realized that the show they actually wanted to make wasn’t a drama, but a comedy. From that point on, Legends became the most consistently fun and inventive show in the Arrowverse stable, an irreverent take on Doctor Who where just about anything can happen. Usually, anything does: a Furby-esque toy becomes a giant kaiju, a psychic gorilla tries to kill a college-age Barack Obama, and George Lucas, in danger of never making the movies that made him famous, has to be persuaded to become a filmmaker.
Legends doesn’t have a stable cast — outside of a handful of stalwarts, characters come and go regularly — but it ironically has the strongest identity, precisely because it’s not leaning on a central superhero. ....
As a six-year veteran of the Arrowverse, Legends of Tomorrow’s turnaround is easily the most impressive and improved show, an argument for not throwing out the Arrowverse baby with the overly complex bathwater. The series cycles through cast members with uncommon regularity, and at the end of this season it will lose Dominic Purcell, who has played Heat Wave as a member of the main cast since season 1.

In the meantime, though? The series is doing what it does best, introducing a bonkers season-long arc that allows for interesting standalone episodes along the way. The latest season kicked off with the misfit time travelers lying low in the 1970s, only to find out from David Bowie (Thomas Nicholson, charmingly not a spitting image of the man) that Sara Lance (Caity Lotz, one of the only other cast members still around from season 1) was abducted by aliens — just before she was about to propose to her girlfriend. The result is a blast, even if you haven’t been watching the show for a while, just a goofball good time with B-Movie aliens and globetrotting comedy on a tiny, tiny, TV budget that adds to the charm.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

11 Great Female Ensemble Shows to Watch
BY MONITA MOHAN   JUNE 26, 2021
https://collider.com/best-female-shows-ensemble/ 

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Let’s be honest, it wasn’t that long ago when a female character in a superhero property fell into one of two categories – girlfriend or mom. And that was all there was to their personality. Things have changed, and we have many women in comic book adaptations, either as superheroes or dimensional human characters. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow has a part to play in expanding the landscape of superheroes on television. This Arrow spin-off features an openly bisexual female character in the lead, but Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) no longer needs to represent an entire community on her own – she’s too busy leading her band of misfits, I mean Legends, through time to stop anomalies, aliens and… themselves. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is quirky, crazy and extremely fun. The cast has changed over the seasons and now has even more women in lead roles than before. For a mix of action, humor and era-specific costumes, this is the show for you.

Edited by tv echo

The talking point that the show didn't find itself until the third season is so eye roll inducing the more it's stated. Even if over all season 1 had big issues, it had some very good episodes and season 2 is a great season.

• Love 6
(edited)

For the Love of Superheroes: 15 Best Couples of the Arrowverse
Charles E. Henning   June 14, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/06/for-the-love-of-superheroes-15-best-couples-of-the-arrowverse/ 

1. Sara and Ava (Legends of Tomorrow)
Sara Lance has been a badass character ever since she first appeared on Arrow. She kicked butt, took names, and broke hearts with the best of them, making a name for herself long before becoming the captain of the Waverider. 

She has been linked with several different males and females including Oliver Queen, Nyssa, and even had a one-night stand with Alex Danvers of Supergirl

Although most of those couples were fun in their own way, something always seemed a bit off. There was a connection that these other partners didn’t quite meet. That was until Ava came on the scene. 

Ava began as an uptight director of the time bureau with not much of a sense of humor, and even less appetite for adventure. She was by the book — no matter what. 

Slowly but surely, the Legends got on her good side, and before we knew it she woke up alongside Sara in a very compromising way. 

This originally seemed like another fling until the two started to get to know each other. They broke down each other’s walls, mined one another’s secrets, and accepted faults and flattery all in the same. 

If you don’t count the current alien abduction involving that goofball Gary, the two are now practically inseparable. 
7. Ray and Nora (Legends of Tomorrow)
Here is a couple I never saw coming. Ray Palmer, an awkward scientist with a heart of gold, and Nora Darhk, the daughter of one of the world’s most dangerous sorcerers. A pair with very little in common, hoping for extremely different outcomes from the universe.

Somewhere deep down inside, they found a kindred spirit. Ray saw something of worth in Nora that he felt the need to expose. Nora was touched that he had caught sight of something that she didn’t even know about herself. 

The optimist and pessimist combined their strengths to overcome adversity — finding love amongst it all. 

Once they married, Ray felt the duty to keep his wife safe by retiring from the superhero life altogether. Although we haven’t seen them since, I can assure you that these two are somewhere living happily-ever-after.

35 Underrated TV Series With Amazing LGBTQ+ Storylines That Everyone Should Watch At Least Once
Nora Dominick   June 27, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/best-underrated-tv-shows-with-queer-storylines 

35. Legends of Tomorrow
sub-buzz-4486-1624558785-6.jpg Legends of Tomorrow tells the story of a group of unlikely heroes as they travel through time aboard the Wave Rider, battling villains and trying to maintain the timeline. One of many Arrowverse shows, Legends of Tomorrow has beautifully folded in some amazing characters into a truly bonkers and fun series. Ava and Sara's relationship remains a staple of the show, even after six seasons.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

David Ramsey reveals what inspired the Legends of Tomorrow episode he directed
By Chancellor Agard    June 27, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-david-ramsey-coen-brothers/ 

[EW:] Which shots in "Stressed Western" did you borrow from them [the Coen Brothers]?
[DAVID RAMSEY:]
The shot when they arrive [at the saloon], and [Zari and Behrad] are looking up at the sign of rules. There's this kind of [sense] you're looking down at them, and there's nothing behind them, when the reality is they're in a room full of people, but it just kind of isolates them. That's very Coen Brothers. There's a shot that's kind of a snap zoom when we see through Sara's head as she's shot. We kind of see the heavy behind her through the hole in her head. And then we kind of snap-zoom it back to her, obviously a Coen Brothers shot. And then there's just kind of small details that obviously all directors do, but it's kind of Coen Brothers inspired: It's just you've got the close-ups of the belt, the looking up at Sara in slow-mo [as she's] putting the gun into her holster. The episode was very, very stylized.
Nick told me that you had to overcome several obstacles while directing. What made this episode so challenging?
We shot in a place called Jamestown, right outside Vancouver, in the middle of January. Now shooting in Vancouver in the middle of January is enough just by itself. This is kind of our resident Old West exterior space that productions use in Vancouver. It was snowing and raining a mix of sleet, snow. We had horses, we had carriages, we had actors and extras.

This was also, clearly, during COVID - I mean, COVID is still going on. So the protocols were very much intact. This was the first episode back where we had a background of more than 10 people or 15 people. So there's a big dance number, a hoedown [inside]. And you're dealing with 30, 40 extras or background, more than you have before, so there's tons of protocols. It has to be sensitive to that. And you have actors and staff and crew who tried to abide by this and also still tell the story. So COVID has brought us into a brave new world, and this was the first episode where Legends was really dealing with that, just kind of from a logistical point of view. So I was handed that task. So I think between the two things, just as an episodic director, it was a bit challenging. But it's not unlike what I think a lot of directors are just kind of experiencing in this, again, this brave new COVID world.

The episode climaxes with Nate letting out all his pent-up emotions and frustrations. What conversations did you have with Nick about that scene?
I think the show has done some groundwork just throughout the episodes with Nate, and Nick earned this moment. I think it was really Nick's moment to just kind of shine. So the conversation was just, "You've earned this." And he's, as Sara was gone, was kind of the de facto leader in some respects. He kind of held it together. He's always the guy who knows exactly what the mission is about. And so I was just like, "Hey, embrace this, take the stage. Just own it." With the better actors and actresses [who are] doing a show that's in its sixth season, you just give them adjectives, and they're tuned in. Nick's totally tuned in. He totally gets it. And you just kind of have to fine-tune it and pull it back or make it go a little further, just minor notes. But it was very, very simple.
What ideas did the cast pitch you?
Nick's idea of just kind of being in the center of the ring and just kind of addressing everyone was totally his idea. I had something completely different. I thought that we would do this in cuts: He would be here, then he will appear over at the panel talking to Tala and Behrad, and then he'd be over at the table talking to someone else. And that happened, but that whole rant where he's kind of talking in the middle of the room, and kind of begins to make his way to the front and things start falling? All his idea. All that was Nick. So it really changed it. And when I found out that, "Wait, we can make the pictures fall. We can make things shake" - the set design, the art direction on this show I think is so underrated - it just enhanced Nick's choice to kind of walk through the scene, because we have the pictures falling and things kind of shaking, and it just kind of elevates the scene.

Legends of Tomorrow: David Ramsey Reckons With Diggle's Past & Future
BY MEAGAN DAMORE   JUNE 27, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-david-ramsey-post-interview/ 

[CBR:] Would you be open to returning as Bass Reeves or perhaps even another character down the line?
[David Ramsey:]
I think playing another character is always interesting to me, because I think the DC Arrowverse/Warner Bros.' Berlanti-verse -- whatever you want to call it -- is so vast, right? It's interesting for me as an actor to have the opportunity to reach into the meat of these characters. So the answer is yes, of course I'm open to it!

Now, I think Bass is very specific. I think this moment is very specific. This is a historical character; there's historical relevance. So I would want to, if we were going to touch Bass again, be very careful as to how I handled that. In terms of DC characters, original DC characters, absolutely! I think the Arrowverse and Warner Bros., by and large, have done very well on television with how they've handled the DC characters, so I think I would be in good hands.
What is one of your favorite memories from shooting this episode?
I'm an actor, right? So anytime actors show me something, I'm always amazed. I directed the episode, so I came to the show with a certain amount of ideas that I did in prep, and Nick [Zano] -- I've said this before -- really had some great ideas, particularly that last scene where he was in the saloon and he kind of went on the rant about how he wanted to handle that moment.

I had some very specific ideas about what I wanted to do, but him standing in the middle of room and making his way to the front and the rant being on the move and things falling behind him -- I was a big fan of what Nick Zano brought. So I'm always amazed when an actor says, "Hey, I have this idea!"
So I think Nick Zano, bringing what he brought in that last saloon scene where he went on a rant to his teammates, that was all Nick, and that scene really stands out to me as something that actors really bring when they're dialed in to their characters.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: David Ramsey Talks Playing Bass Reeves in "Stressed Western"
BY NICOLE DRUM   June 27, 2021
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legends-of-tomorrow-david-ramsey-bass-reeves-stressed-western/ 

... In this week's Legends, the character is portrayed by David Ramsey and is, in context, presented as an ancestor of his Arrow character, John Diggle. Ramsey, who also directs "Stressed Western," recently spoke with ComicBook.com about bringing the character to life in the Arrowverse.

"Well, I think, like Watchmen, it's probably the similar audiences in the respect that they may or may not be as educated about who Sheriff Bass Reeves was within history. And obviously, Watchmen is a different tone in how they handle Bass Reeves is just a totally different tone," Ramsey said. "But what I do like about Legends is that that Bass fit within the kind of irreverent tone that Legends has. And I think for our audience it's nice when you hear Nick Zano's character say, 'Hey, Bass Reeves wasn't a bad guy. He was a sheriff. And how did this thing happen?' I think for a certain amount of audience, they'll say, 'Oh David Ramsey is playing this character Bass Reeves. Who is that?' They'll look him up and there's kind of this infiltration of more knowledge about this fantastic historical figure that otherwise, maybe wouldn't have been known by the audience."

Ramsey continued, "So I think that's in a big broad sense, I think that's what any time we touch within the Arrowverse, anytime when we touch on these historical characters that would otherwise be a little more obscure our audience. I think that's always fantastic. That's always great. And I appreciate when I was pitched, 'Hey, John Diggle is going to appear across the universe.' And to your point, my first thought was, okay, we'll get into the glowing green thingy of it all. And everyone was, yes. Superman & Lois showrunners were yes. The Flash showrunners were, yes. Supergirl, yes. Batwoman, yes. Legends, let's do something different with John Diggle. Let's kind of within our universe, not touch on that. Let's say that Bass Reeves was someplace in John Diggle's history, in the past. He's related to them in some sort of way. But we don't spell that out and write that out, but obviously, that's the story we tell them."
"And that to me is in pure, Legends fashion," he said. "And it kind of fits within this storytelling of John Diggle in a way the other shows don't. So yes, to your point, people, they're in a time ship. Obviously, they're going to encounter and maybe some space cops that Diggle is a part of. And of course, my mind went there too. But when I was pitched this that, no, we want to talk about something else. My reaction was, awesome. In pure Legends fashion, we're not going to talk about what you think we're going to talk about. We're going to do something completely different. I think that's a lot of fun."
"You know, you get to create this new voice. I'm all about voice. John Diggle has a very specific sound, very specific voice. And it was fun to kind of create this new voice that kind of came out of my body in Bass Reeves. That's always fun as an actor, just to kind of play with these techniques of creating a new character," Ramsey said. "But, to your point, I think it was in this universe. I'm not on the Watchmen. This isn't some movie of the week where I'm recreating or I'm creating Bass Reeves. This is what's in the Arrowverse. So to kind of do it within this is a real special treat. And it was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun to just put on, you know as an actor you're having fun, you're playing a cowboy. But it's John Diggle. No, I mean Bass Reeves."

He added, "So it's a different kind of spin. It's a Legends spin. And I think that's fun. And then I think as much as we could, we handled the character with a certain amount of respect and with a certain amount of reverence within the confines of the irreverent show Legends is. And I think just enough where people will be curious about who he is and maybe do some research on their own, which I think is, for me, kind of the ultimate goal besides entertaining the hell out of people."

Edited by tv echo

Sara and Ava - #1, really? 🤦🏻‍♀️  

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that loathes Avalance.  I mean, I know I’m not - there’s a handful of us out here, as evidenced by this forum - but it still starts to feel like that sometimes. 😕

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that loathes Avalance.  I mean, I know I’m not - there’s a handful of us out here, as evidenced by this forum - but it still starts to feel like that sometimes.

There are dozen so us! Dozens!

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that loathes Avalance.  I mean, I know I’m not - there’s a handful of us out here, as evidenced by this forum - but it still starts to feel like that sometimes. 😕

I think we are just less vocal. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think @Sakura12 is right that we’re less vocal. Also social media in general isn’t helping because I’ve searched the LegendsOfTommorrow hashtag on Twitter and it’s 99% Sara/Ava. I’m certain there are plenty of people posting dislike of the ship, character, and/or story but it’s hard to find. It’s unfortunate as The CW values social media feedback pretty heavily so they’re probably not really noticing the criticism and think everything about the ship is a home run.

• Love 2

They are much more vocal on social media. I have seen people that don't like them but they are drowned out quickly. They have even taken over the Sara Lance tag on Tumblr. Which matches the show now. Sara only exists with Ava. She's hasn't had any personal character development since S2. 

I also noticed when they do the comic convention circuit the actual fan questions rarely mention Ava. They always have to mention her.

I think the writers are aware and that's they talked about Sara's separate storyline this season. I could've dealt with Sara talking about Ava, but then we had to see a bunch of versions of her too. Caity finally got first billing but feels more like a guest love interest over the lead. 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

FYI, that article about the "15 Best Couples of the Arrowverse" said that the list of couples was "in no particular order. " So the numbered rankings are irrelevant. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ratings: Olympic Trials, 60 Minutes Lead Sunday; ABC Game Shows Slip
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 28 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/06/28/tv-ratings-batwoman-season-2-finale/ 

The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow (460K/0.1) added a few eyeballs, while Batwoman‘s Season 2 finale (400K/0.1) matched its second smallest audience to date. TVLine readers gave Batwoman‘s finale an average grade of “B,” while Season 2 as a whole earned a “B-“; find out who’s not returning in the fall.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

LOOK: Hope Valley Transformed for ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ Episode
By Stephanie Dube Dwilson    Jun 28, 2021
https://heavy.com/entertainment/hallmark/when-calls-the-heart-hope-valley-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

Hope Valley, the hometown of Hallmark’s “When Calls the Heart,” was recently transformed into Fist City for an episode of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” on The CW Network.
“When Calls the Heart” is filmed at the Jamestown movie set in Canada, on a 96-acre land in Langley, British Columbia, called MacInnes Farms, shared I’ve Scene It on Hallmark.

The Jamestown movie set is also used for other filming opportunities when “When Calls the Heart” isn’t there, such as a recent episode of “D.C.’s Legends of Tomorrow.” The episode was season 6 episode 8, called “Stressed Western.”

pjimage-1-10.jpg 
Screen-Shot-2021-06-28-at-3.22.33-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2021-06-28-at-3.16.29-PM.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I think that another thing is that there's no competing ship. I don't mean a ship like Zari/Con but an alternative ship for Sara or Ava. All of Sara's alternatives are/were: Oliver (happily married before dying in Crisis), Nyssa (last seen traveling around with Talia and no indication the show is interested in bringing her on), Snart (long dead), Rip (more of a fan dream than a reality and long gone), Con (no indication of interest beyond their one night stand and all in on his relationship with Zari), Alex (in a relationship on Supergirl), or the various ladies throughout time with whom Sara shared a mutual attraction (all offscreen). Ava's alternatives don't exist as she was brought on to be Sara's love interest. There isn't anyone else for viewers who don't like Sara/Ava to counter ship on social media which also has an effect on what the network and show think we want to see.

• Love 4

Which is probably why the response to not liking Avalance is we want Sara to be alone and unhappy. I don't know how not liking Ava for Sara means I want her to be alone. When I just don't want her with Ava. I'd be thrilled if she found someone else preferably an adult that has had actual life experiences. 

• Love 7
(edited)

In honor of Pride Month, DC spotlighted many of their LGBTQIA+ superheroes on TV - now it's Sara Lance's turn...

DCTV Pride Profile: White Canary
By DC   June 29, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/06/29/dctv-pride-profile-white-canary 

What excites you about playing White Canary?
The one thing that’s been so cool about Legends of Tomorrow is it really provides room for growth. Sara’s changed so much and she’s gone through so much, especially this season. Her life’s starting to get better, especially with her finding love and finding her team. One of my friends recently mentioned how nice it is when you can take a character to a happy place. It’s almost like real life when you go through hard times but your character’s able to mature and be happy. I never really thought about it that way, but it’s so cool to be able to usher a character to a happy place.

I think a lot of people really resonated with Sara Lance’s struggles and the darkness that she faced. A lot of people really understood that and were attracted to her fighting spirit—the way she wanted to make it through all of these things. To be able to see Sara actually make it through and get to a point where she’s happy, healthy, adjusted and can have a relationship with people and find love, it’s really important. For a lot of the fans who have gone through hard times along with her, to be able to see a character who’s been through that and ended up at a good place is really nice.
What’s your favorite moment your character has had in the Arrowverse so far?
There are moments that have been fun for me as the actor getting to play the role. I loved all of the crazy water stuff we got to do in season two of Arrow. Filling up the freighter and running through it while it’s full of water and there are all these sparks and a waterfall that I’m getting sucked through before drowning in a pool—all of that stuff was so much fun. I feel like we got to do some really big stunts that season.

I think doing the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover was also really special. Doing scenes with Grant was really nice. Legends has kind of always been its own thing and not so ingrained with the rest of the universe, but in that crossover, it finally felt like, “Oh no, we really fit in here.” Even though we do our own thing and we are our own thing, it felt like we do really belong here. We’re integrated with this world and universe even though we are so different.

Do you find you identify with Sara in some ways?
Yeah, for sure. You can’t help but infuse the character with yourself and I’m sure the character infuses my life just as much. I think sometimes Sara’s so hard, tough and strong and we kind of mesh on that journey. I think I was a lot tougher, stronger and more guarded and as I’ve gotten older, I’m softening up a bit. I think Sara’s also softening up a bit, which has been cool to see. I really love and admire her leadership skills and the way that she can inspire people, and I think that’s something I try to be like along with her. Being a good leader and a good teammate and just really being able to support and be there for other people. That’s something that I admire most about Sara that I want to try to emulate in my own life.
Is there a moment from White Canary’s appearances in the comics that inspired an aspect of your character?
Not really because I think it was largely Laurel Lance who was the version of Black Canary that you mostly see in the comics. I think Sara Lance was kind of her own little thing. She had her own story.

How many bisexual characters were there on TV when she debuted? I’m so grateful for the way that they portrayed that and that it was something that was important to the studio, network and writers. Once I found out about that aspect of the character, it became extremely important to me too. Getting involved in the community and going to Comic-Con and just hearing how impactful it was for people to be able to see a character on TV that felt like they felt. It helped them not only feel seen and understood, but I also think it helped a lot of people who didn’t understand what it was like as a bisexual woman. To be able to see a bisexual character on TV, it just brings more understanding all around, even with people who don’t identify as that.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Highest Rated Season Of Every Arrowverse Show, Ranked According To IMDb
BY ETHAN CROSS    JUNE 29, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/highest-rated-arrowverse-seasons/ 

4/9  Legends Of Tomorrow Season 2 Found A Balance Between Drama And Comedy - 8.3 Average
While many fans accuse the first season of being too serious, and later seasons of being too comical, season 2 seems to find the perfect blend of the 2. It sees the heroes on the Waverider attempting to collect the pieces of the Spear of Destiny, a tool that could rewrite history.

Also after the Spear of Destiny is the Legion of Doom, made up of the Reverse-Flash, Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, and Leonard Snart. The Legends eventually defeat the Legion of Doom and save the future from being destroyed.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So Caity's favorite scenes are where she actually gets to play Sara Lance. On Arrow and the crossovers. 

Of course Sara's dead now and had been replaced by an Alien clone so she didn't make it through to be in her happy place. The clone is going to have her life. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Was Evil Angel Devilishly Good? Was Legends Cameo Too Random? Sports' Roughest Moment? And More TV Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby, Keisha Hatchett and Charlie Mason / July 2 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/02/evil-season-2-archangel-michael-scarier-than-supernatural-tv-questions/ 

3 | We will always take as much David Ramsey as we can get, but what was the point — other than Sara’s fleeting double take — of him showing up on Legends of Tomorrow as a non-Diggle character? Also, did you catch Body of Proof‘s Nic Bishop (who played General Kilgore in an earlier episode) as the sheriff in this week’s Western-themed installment? And as great as Nate’s rant was, are you still waiting for him to get an actual storyline?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Quotes of the Week: The Bachelorette, Dynasty, Sistas, BET Awards and More
By Team TVLine / July 4 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/the-bachelorette-bachelor-audition-best-tv-quotes/ 

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“And don’t get me started about life on the ship! Six roommates and I’m the only one who replaces the cartridges in the fabricators! And I know one of you changes the thermostat every night, so don’t blame it on Gideon! … And another thing! I asked for a chair at the Hall of Justice! Big surprise: no response!”

Nate (Nick Zano) unleashes all his frustrations

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

LoT will have a cast panel at this summer's SDCC virtual event titled "COMIC-CON @HOME 2021," July 23-25, 2021...

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ & ‘Roswell, New Mexico’ Part Of Warner Bros TV’s San Diego Comic-Con@Home Slate
By Anthony D'Alessandro    July 7, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/07/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-roswell-new-mexico-part-of-warner-bros-tvs-san-diego-comic-conhome-slate-1234788041/ 

Warner Bros. TV will have panels for their DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Roswell, New Mexico during San Diego Comic-Con@Home which runs July 23-25.

The session for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will run on Sunday, July 25 at 12 noon PST and feature castmembers Caity Lotz, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Olivia Swann, Adam Tsekhman, Shayan Sobhian, and Lisseth Chavez, with Nick Zano and Matt Ryan, along with EPs Phil Klemmer and Keto Shimizu. The series has an original episode airing that Sunday at 8:00 pm.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Official program description from Comic-Con @Home 2021's schedule...
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule 

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Cast Conversation and Sneak Peek

So far, in season six, DC’s Legends not only saved the world with a singing competition, stopped the Cuban Missile crisis with a football game, and fought off an alien Amelia Earhart, but also recovered Sara Lance who was abducted, cloned, and turned into a human-alien hybrid by evil genius, Bishop. With #Avalance officially engaged, it’s high time for the Legends to plan a wedding and mess up the timeline for the better. Join series stars Caity Lotz, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Olivia Swann, Adam Tsekhman, Shayan Sobhian, and Lisseth Chavez, with Nick Zano and Matt Ryan, along with executive producers Phil Klemmer and Keto Shimizu for an at-home conversation about how this season was created along with a sneak peek at what is to come for the rest of the season and beyond. From Berlanti Productions in association With Warner Bros. Television, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow airs new episodes Sundays at 8/7c only on The CW. Become a fan of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWLegendsofTomorrow/ , and follow the show on Twitter at @TheCW_Legends and Instagram at @cw_legendsoftomorrow.

Start time: Jul 25, 2021 12:00 pm (GMT-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

ETA: LoT is the only Arrowverse show getting a panel at Comic-Con @Home 2021. I wonder if that means it will be the only Arrowverse show not to get a panel at DC Fandome on October 16?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Leo Awards - 2021 Nominees & Winners by Name
https://secure.leoawards.com/2021/nominees_and_winners/nominees_and_winners_by_name_2021.php 

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
DRAMATIC SERIES

WINNER

Vicky Mulholland, Leanne Clerihue
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The One Where We're Trapped on TV
BEST MAKE-UP
DRAMATIC SERIES

WINNER

Amanda McGowan, Hannah Chornoby, Tia Martin, Elke Winters, Mallory Greaves
BEST HAIRSTYLING
DRAMATIC SERIES

WINNER

Dion Farrell, Candice Harvey, Samantha Armstrong

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jes Macallan won the Readers' vote for June 2021 Performer of the Month (even beating Caity Lotz)...

Performers of the Month - June 2021 | SPOILERTV
SpoilerTV   Jul 9, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIvHDLfZUrA

SpoilerTV Staff's Top 5 Nominees:
Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid's Tale, 4x10)
Jean Smart (Hacks, 1x10)
Sophia Di Martino (Loki, 1x04)
Tom Hiddleston (Loki, 1x04) - WINNER
Wallis Day (Batwoman, 2x17)

Readers' Top 5 Nominees:
Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow, 6x07)
Jes Macallan (Legends of Tomorrow, 6x07) - WINNER
Keegan Allen (Walker, 1x13)
Tom Ellis (Lucifer, 5x16)
Wallis Day (Batwoman, 2x18)

Edited by tv echo
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Jes Macallan won the Readers' vote for June 2021 Performer of the Month (even beating Caity Lotz)

It's not surprising to me. Sara has been a background character for the past 3 seasons. I can't even considered her part of the ensemble since she rarely interacts with the rest of the cast. While Ava is involved in all the major storylines, she gets her own storylines and is involved in all of Sara's storylines. Jes is the lead of the show now.

• Love 1
(edited)

The State of the Arrowverse – Past, Present, Future
By Eric Frederiksen -July 11, 2021
https://batman-news.com/2021/07/11/the-state-of-the-arrowverse-past-present-future/ 

Legends of Tomorrow is arguably the gem in the Arrowverse’s crown right now, though I still think it’s underrated. It’s also the least explicitly superheroic. Like some of our favorite shows–Star Trek: The Next Generation, Parks and Recreation–the show started rough in its first season before finding its footing in the second, much better season.

Since then, the show has bucked comic book trends left and right, and shown the value in doing so at every turn. The show has re-used and redeemed villains, turned running jokes into major plot points. It made gloomy-gus John Constantine interesting as part of a team instead of just a grumpy loner. The show has built up previously one-dimensional characters into living people and reinvented other characters.

Halfway into the show’s sixth season, it’s only just now that things are showing any signs of slowing down. Legends of Tomorrow is still a wildly enjoyable show, but the cast has changed so much now that major plot points center around Sara and Mick being the oldest members of the team. It’s at once a sign of how smart the writers are that they’re turning that casting truth into a heartfelt storyline for the characters, and also a sign of how long in the tooth the show is.

Despite that, though, Legends of Tomorrow is still very much an enjoyable, heartwarming, and thoroughly silly show. The best thing Legends of Tomorrow can do is not overstay its welcome–if the show is tired, maybe it’s time for it to have its own finale. But if the writers still have good ideas, I want to see every one of them.
With that said, the Arrowverse is in somewhat of a transitional state. Arrow is over, Supergirl is ending, and the Flash has been struggling for years–those shows where every civilian character eventually develops superpowers and they all hang out at an inexplicably huge base that no one is paying for are dying out. Superman and Lois shows us that there are still things to be done with superhero shows on television, but the Old Ways are on their way out. Batwoman needs an overhaul, and I can only hope that Legends is able to keep things as fresh as it has.

Edited by tv echo