Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, tv echo said:

Production art from the recently released tie-in graphic novel Crisis On Infinite Earths: Paragons Rising - Deluxe Edition...
COIEDeluxeEdition_WhiteCanary.thumb.jpg.8ecf184bc0b5091c95461cf8a94be69f.jpg

That first one reminds me of the White Feather, a joke character who was in the Inferior Five. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This July 20th panel included LoT's Maisie Richardson-Sellers...

BE Conference | Confidence & Empowerment: Owning Your Inner Superhero
TheWrap    Streamed live on July 20, 2020

ETA: You can read my transcription of this panel in the Arrow forum here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

FYI - as of July 22...

Comic-Con’s 2020 Souvenir Book Available Now
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/comic-con-2020-souvenir-book

It just wouldn’t be Comic-Con, @Home or otherwise, without our yearly Souvenir Book!

Our 260-page 2020 Comic-Con Souvenir Book is now available as a FREE PDF download.

Click here to download your copy!
What’s in this year’s Souvenir Book? Artist William Stout—famed for his illustrations and murals depicting dinosaurs, and his comics and movie poster work—once again graces the Souvenir Book with one of his incredible covers, this one saluting the centennial of famed author Ray Bradbury, one of Comic-Con’s most beloved guests over the years. Stout is also one of the very few people to have attended every Comic-Con, as a special “Cover Story” feature reveals in this year’s book. Learn the “Easter Eggs” Bill worked into this cover, plus his process of creating this amazing illustration, along with his past association with Bradbury.

CCI2020_SouvBookCover.jpg?itok=mULFt47I

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I just looked..  There are still live convo slots available. $100.00 for a two minute video chat with Caity or Brandon, $60 for two minutes with Courtney, Jes or Neal. 

• Love 1

Here's video of the August 1st "GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Experience" panel (with Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Neal McDonough, Jes Macallan and Courtney Ford, and moderator Patty Hawkins)...

(Posted by Franky Laaksonen on Youtube)

--- Moderator Patty Hawkins (GalaxyCon): "While our producers are curating questions from our audience, I would love to hear how individually this gig began for each of you on The CW DC Universe, sometimes called the Arrowverse." He then asked CL to start because she was the first to join ("you're the elder stateswoman").
Caity Lotz:
"Yeah, you know, I'm the old lady of the group. Um, well, it started Season 2 of Arrow when I was cast as Sara Lance and then we found out - and then I found out that I would be playing, um, the first version of the Black Canary - the Canary - uh, which was very exciting. And that was Season 2. And then I was on there for a little bit. I think I died in Season 3. Then I came back to life in Season 4. And Season 4 is when we started, uh, Legends and the spinoff. And now we are going into Season 6."

-- Mod PH: "Jes, why don't you go next?"
Jes Macallan:
"Oh, well, then I would be - well, I guess I'm not - I wasn't the newest to join - maybe I am in this group. Um, Season 3, everybody was there before me, right? ... I had just finished another show that I did for four seasons, um, and didn't really know much of the Arrowverse, wasn't really well seasoned with any of it, with any of the - the superhero stuff... (CL jokingly interjected that JM was a "big fan, come on")... I was a big fan... I loved Sara Lance. When I was in my chemistry read, I was like, oh, my gosh, Sara Lance! Um, I really - I didn't, but she - but I did - I read with Caity and fell in love with her, which is not a hard thing to do. And, um, you know, nabbed that role and I - and haven't turned back since. And, like Caity said, I cannot believe we're about to start Season 6. It's so fantastic."

-- Mod PH: "I'll tell you what, Courtney, sounds like you volunteered."
Courtney Ford:
"Okay, um, okay. So the Arrowverse... I - my first audition in the Arrowverse was actually, um, for the pilot of Arrow, for, um, Laurel. And, uh, then the next time I auditioned for any [unintelligible word] was to be, um, Vandal Savage's daughter."
CL: "Did Vandal Savage have a daughter?"
CF: "Yes! Was it Season 2?"
BR: "Season 1."
CF: "Was it?"
BR: "Yeah."
CF: "Anyway, it was Vandal Savage's daughter. And then, uh, and then I started working on Supernatural, so I was up in Vancouver, and Supernatural and Legends shoot right next door. You come onto the lot and you either go left for Supernatural, you go right for Legends. So, um, Brandon and I were like having lunch sometimes when we worked on the same day, uh, going through the hole in the fence that they had. ... Then the call came in for - for Nora Darhk and, uh, and, uh, the rest is history."

-- Mod PH: "Neal, how did the, uh, how did the darkness begin for you?"
Neal McDonough:
"I can't remember which season I started on Arrow. Was it Season 6? I can't remember."
CL: "Wasn't it sooner?"
NM: "Maybe.... I was in the first season shortly with Legends of Tomorrow, but I started on a very dark Damien Darhk in Season 6 - or I think it was Season 6. And that was a blast. You know, we had so much fun with that character, but I have to admit, when we got to Legends and we really lightened up Damien quite a bit and became, you now, the goofy dad at times, to me that was my favorite part of everything I've done on the show. We had - we had such a, you know, a great, fun time, especially down the home stretch, for me it was awesome."

-- Mod PH: "Brandon, where did Ray Palmer begin for you? And is that his figure behind you?"
Brandon Routh:
"Uh, oh, it is. That's the Atom right there. Uh, he just happened to be visiting this room because, uh, we have a 7-year-old and now he actually wants to play with the figures and not just like tear the legs off and arms off and see if they can go back on and all that fun stuff... But now he's playing and actually using them as the action figures. Uh, so, um, I had, uh, I think I got my original meeting about this, uh, awesome role because of having played Superman. And they thought, oh, this guy could play another character who's kind of like this but different. Um, and so I joined, uh, Arrow in Season 3 and did, I think, 18 episodes as Ray Palmer, CEO of Palmer Tech. And, uh, halfway through that experience, uh, I was approached, and I think Caity was around the same time separately, about the possibility of Legends of Tomorrow and spinning it off to this, um, newfangled, uh, group up show. And, um, sounded like fun and was having a good time in Vancouver and loving the character, and so, said 'yes.' And, um, we shot on like - what did we do, two days? It was a crazy long, two-day promo shoot that we did. There was no script. It was just like shooting a teaser for this show. We didn't actually shoot a pilot at first. We shot this, you know, three-minute teaser. Um, and, uh, you know, ended up getting the show going. And we are five - five seasons later."
Mod PH: "And a follow-up, when did they approach you about the possibility of returning to Superman?"
BR: "Oh, uh, well, that - uh, that was, uh, probably six months before we started the - the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. Um, and, uh, Marc Guggenheim, who was heading up all of that, uh, you know, called me up and we had a nice, uh, discussion as he - he - he asked, uh, took my temperature about - my feelings about, uh, returning as this character."
Mod PH: "He and I spoke about this, uh, in one of our earlier shows, and we both agree, thank you. It was fantastic."
BR: "Oh, thank you... I appreciate it and I'm - and I'm happy that it was well received and, um, that, uh, it's - it's, um, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, which is entertaining. The whole Crisis On Infinite Earths is an amazing, uh, achievement, I think, um, and I'm - I'm proud of it and everyone in it."

-- Mod PH read the following Fan Q: "If you could have the superpowers or skills of anyone in the Arrowverse, who would it be?
NM picked Superman. CL picked Supergirl. BR picked Superman. CF picked Charlie (original character in Legends). JM picked Elasti-Girl (in Doom Patrol). Mod PH picked John Constantine.

-- Mod PH read the following Fan Q: "Some of your characters have changed over long tenures in the Arrowverse. Have you ever had to advocate for a character's choices contrary to the script and were the writers usually receptive?"
NM:
"Like I said earlier, when I was on Arrow, Damien was like that all the time, he was really deadly serious, uh, which was a blast to play. Stephen was, you know, just a joy to play off of, and we fed off of each other really well. And, you know, during the whole season we barely talked to each other on set because we were - we knew what we were doing and, you know, it was like prize fighters going at it. I was on one side of the ring, he was in the other, and we didn't really talk. The only time we ever talked was on conventions, uh, or afterwards, and we became great friends afterwards. And it was really interesting during that time, but we really appreciate what we were doing. That being said, when they asked me to come back to Legends, uh, I remember Marc, uh, called me, goes, 'I've got good news and bad news for you.' Like, 'what's the bad news?' 'You're dying next episode in - in - in Arrow.' Like, 'Well, what's the good news?' 'You're coming back next year in Legends.' Like, okay, great. Uh, I said, 'Can we please lighten him up a little bit? Can we have some fun and make him more of a family guy?' And he goes, 'That's exactly what we want to do.' So, especially when they brought Courtney on board, the goofiness of - I mean, the last scene that I did with you guys, sitting around that dinner table, I mean, we couldn't keep a straight face. In fact, when I went to ADR and I looped it, you know, it cut to my face, it was bright red because I was just laughing hysterically. And it didn't match, but it didn't matter because it was so cute to see, you know, Damien Darhk laughing his face off. And, you know, 'More champagne!'... It was so much fun to be loose as Damien Darhk on the show and then turn on a dime and become Damien again. So, yeah, for me that - that was my, by far my favorite - that was probably my favorite scene that I've done. That was definitely my favorite scene I did during, uh, the whole Arrowverse time because everyone was there, everyone was laughing, and everyone was having a great time."
Mod PH: "Caity, how about you? ... Have you had this situation come up?"
CL: "On Arrow, it was very set. Uh, they had a - they knew where Sara was going. And a lot of times I wouldn't even know, uh, until I got the - the script. Um, you know, there would be things I'm like, oh, like, this is new information. Um, and so that was very - like, I feel like they had a very specific vision on that. And I think Legends was a little - the show just in general is a more go with the flow, uh, kind of free form, live beast. And so, you know, I mean, like I asked for powers. Like, they gave me powers... You know what I think, a big, big thing of it, especially on Legends, they - they go off of you. So they - the writers - they're watching, you know, everything and they're like, oh, look, you know, Brandon's really funny with this stuff, and oh, you know, Courtney is so amazing when she's playing this, or, you know, so whatever it is that you're bringing, they start to lean into. So I think, that's always kind of the best way to get, um, get your character on a place, because, I mean, you know, so much of it is, you're there to serve a story and you're a piece of the puzzle, um, so it's not, you know, just about your character journey. But, uh, I - I find that that's kind of the best way to get the writers, uh, on board, is just to start bringing that and then they - they love to, you know, they'll latch onto that and - and amplify it and make it even better. And our writers are so good. I love them so much."
Mod PH: "Brandon."
BR: "Yeah, well, uh, what Caity says is - is - is pretty, is pretty much the - the - the truth, that thankfully our writers, uh, have listened to us and they will see the performance and they feed off of what - it's a - it's an ever-growing, um, organism. Um, they see what we do, we see what they do, and we - it's a - we create it together in a way. Um, there are some things that come up because story needs to happen in a certain way that, um, I have bumped on. The first season we were trying to figure out the show. The - the relationship with Kendra and Ray, and how that was handled, was - was - was what the biggest, uh, the biggest, uh, time I had to go to bat for Ray. Um, and I think that was - that was just because, you know, figuring out where the story is going, halfway through the season they decided certain things had to happen. So sometimes you get - you have to - you get forced into, um, a situation. And then - and then you go, okay, I'm here, this is what the character needs to do something like this. How can I - how can I zhuzh it? How can I soften it and make it, um, more - more true to Ray in small ways? And a lot of that is just - can just come from the performance. Because somebody can write a line, you can read it one way, um, when you first initially read it, and then realize that - (Everyone laughs at this point because someone wearing a NM mask hands NM a glass of something liquid, and NM yells, "More champagne!") ... It was probably a fine place to cut me off anyway, but the idea is that a line can be said many ways and have many different intentions based on the character - the actor and what they're giving. Um, you know, we may not always agree with how, uh, things end with characters and so then, [unintelligible word] to find a way, you still have to go and do the work, um, and find a way to make it work for the character and to appreciate the fans and everyone who's loved the characters. And so, you know, that's part of our job, is, uh, is making it work and that's why we're professionals. So sometimes you don't always win."
Mod PH: "Courtney."
CF: "Uh, the - the - when I first, uh, started playing Nora Darhk, I think it - my understanding was - I was on Supernatural and I was going to come in and kind of just have this fun thing for like three episodes. And I kind of thought like, ah - and I think I'm gonna die, because my function was to bring the glorious Damien Darhk back to life. And that was my function, and I was like, okay. And then as I started to get to know Nora more and more, I fell in love with her, and then I said, oh, no, now I love her and now I'm attached. And when I was first - those first couple episodes I was kind of feeling my way. I didn't really know what I was doing or I didn't really know who she was. I hadn't established the relationship yet. Neal and I hadn't worked together as much. And then when it started to, um, evolve, the only thing that I was bumping on at first was, they were like, 'Stop smiling, stop smiling. Be darker, be more -' you know, just a lot of like, you know, uh, smirking... Even that was too much smiles. So I was like, 'No, I really think that she's so happy to be on this journey with her dad.' He's back and now they're like partners and they're doing this stuff together. She has to feel, even though she's possessed half the time, she has to really relish it. And so that was the thing that, um, before she has her turn, that Ray Palmer kind of stop - softens her and gets her to see another, you know, that there's another way. Um, that was the only thing - it was at the beginning, when I was like, no, I really - I really think that she can have fun with this and - and - and not be so - at the beginning."
Mod PH: "Uh, Jes."
JM: "Honestly, I think what everyone has said has been - it's been a pretty good, um, representation of how open the writers are and how malleable they are to ideas and what you bring as, you know, naturally to the character. Caity and I have certainly had a lot of, um, protection of AvaLance when that - you know, when our relationship became kind of a, um, you know, a popular thing and a welcomed thing and a, you know, a good thing. We really, um, you know, went to - went to bat for a few things that - that the writers saw us doing. I - I don't know if I could specifically say them because they might still happen - but just things that we didn't, you know, we wanted to not go the, um, traditional route, not be - not make our relationship the everything, um, you know, the fact that we're together and, you know, we're lesbians, and now we have to talk about it all the time. We just wanted to be. And they were - they've been so great. So certainly I think, to answer the question, um, we've all gone - we've all gone toe-to-toe to work with the storyline, but they - they're amazing. It only makes the show better. The writers are so open to that."

-- Mod PH read the following Fan Q: "What's the best piece of advice that you've ever received?"
NM
said that, acting-wise, the best piece of advice he ever got was from a girl he was dating (named Ruve, now his wife). He's a Method actor, but she told him that unless he can leave his work at work, their relationship would not work. So now when he's on set, he's 100 percent into his character. But when he's off set, he lives his real life and enjoys it. 
CL said that you don't have to have everything figured out, but you just have to start and keep pushing forward; just don't stand still.
CF agreed with CL and said that, if you're faced with an overwhelming, "insurmountable" task, just do the first piece, just take the first step, and keep moving.
BR said that the advice that he's been receiving from many sources is (his video froze for a moment at this crucial point, before becoming unfrozen): "The world is showing me and, I think, a lot of people right now, that there are a lot of things that we don't, uh, maybe we weren't - we didn't understand. Um, other people's experience, the full range of another's experience, whether that be someone who lives in your - who is someone who you've known for many years or somebody who you don't know, someone from a different background. And I think the important thing, uh, the important thing for life is allowing for another person's truth to exist, um, that they have the right to their own feelings, whether that be of trauma or of oppression. Um, and to try to take that away, to say that it didn't happen or belittle it, um, I think is an injustice to that person and to yourself, because not allowing for another person's truth and existence, good and bad things to happen in their life, is to not allow - not - is to not allow for you to see them as a human being and to deny their existence, um, and humanity, and we're all here trying to learn from each other. So don't try to push away another person's experience, but allow for it, and that can allow for amazing conversations and - and growth, which is all something we can do more of, I think."
JM said that, for her, she likes to surround herself with joy. She also quoted John Lewis: "Answer the highest calling of your heart and stand up for what you believe."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Some GalaxyCon Live chats from August 1st have been posted as well...

Superman Brandon Routh
Scott Lawrence   Aug 1, 2020

GalaxyCon Video Chat with Brandon Routh
Eric Sessa   Aug 1, 2020

Caity Lotz Legends Arrow Madmen
Scott Lawrence   Aug 2, 2020

Jes Macallan had covid ???
CaityLotz Fan   Aug 1, 2020

Talking with actor Neal Mcdonough about Cadillac ELR commercial
danwat1234 Aug 1, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You can listen to MG's episode of Literary Joe's Inner Child Podcast (that's referenced in the article below) by going to the article link or by going to the podcast site here...

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Exclusive: Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim On The Show's Formula
LiteraryJoe | 8/1/2020
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/legends_of_tomorrow/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-exclusive-executive-producer-marc-guggenheim-on-the-shows-formula-a177224#gs.bsteka 

Throughout its continuity, the Arrowverse has helped heroes like The Atom (Brandon Routh), Constantine (Matt Ryan), White Canary (Katie Lotz), Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), and countless more make their way into the team-up franchise. When we recently chatted with series creator Marc Guggenheim (Tales of Arcadia: Wizards), we asked what the process of adding new team members to the roster is like.

As always, if you're interested in hearing the audio component of this interview, click play on the podcast player below. We chat about DC's Legends of Tomorrow around 11:00. 
Literary Joe: Legends of Tomorrow leans into what makes it crazy, and I think that's one of the things that lead to its success. I'm curious if the formula for Legends is any different than the rest of the shows in the shared universe?
Marc Guggenheim:
I would say it has evolved to the point where it probably has the most unique elements. It's funny; I don't really feel like each show has a formula, necessarily. I think that each show has contributed to the ones that have come before it, especially in the early days. 

I'll give you an example. Arrow's strengths and weaknesses informed the thinking when Flash was being built. Because legends is the only ensemble superhero team of the various Arrow shows, its always going to have its own thing.

There's just Supergirl. We may call it "Team Arrow" or "Team Flash," but at the end of the day, those teams are centered around one singular character. Legends is unique amongst those various shows so far, and it was always a different kind of franchise. It was a team franchise, as opposed to a single lead franchise. Does that make sense?
Literary Joe: Of course. And I think the best thing about it being a team franchise is that you can bring in anybody from any other series. I was curious if there has been anybody you've tried adding to the Legends team that didn't end up making the cut?
Marc Guggenheim:
Hmm. You know, I think over the years, we had various conversations about who to bring in at any given moment in time. But they didn't make the cut, not necessarily because they didn't work creatively.

I can't think of anybody we've added to the ensemble that didn't work creatively. But I can think of plenty of instances where we had talked about bringing in a character, and then deciding for any number of reasons not to do it.

In some cases, that reason was that the actor was unavailable. (Laughs) But I can't think of a situation where it didn't creatively work.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

^^^
Caity Lotz
Jes Macallan
Matt Ryan
Nick Zano
Olivia Swann
Tala Ashe

Thanks for that, @tv echo.  I was trying to think who’s missing, but I guess it’s only Dominic?  Seems strange not to see Brandon’s name up there anymore, or Maisie’s. 😢

• Love 3

The DC Fandome schedule went live this morning (to view it, you have to create an account) - here are the LoT-related panels below (I used EST times)...

Saturday, Aug. 22 (WatchVerse)*

3:00pm    DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Panel

Unicorns, encores and aliens…oh my! The Legends have encountered a mess of creatures, villains and time periods over the course of the show, and you, the fans, have been on this wild ride right along with them. Join the cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow for a Q&A and, of course, lots of laughs! Be sure to tune in to get the inside scoop on favorite moments from past seasons and what they have in store for season six. Series stars Caity Lotz, Nick Zano, Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Olivia Swann, Amy Louise Pemberton and Shayan Sobhian join executive producers Phil Klemmer, Keto Shimizu and Grainne Godfree for a panel moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Chancellor Agard. 35 min

Saturday, Aug. 22 (Hall of Heroes)*

2:15pm    Multiverse 101 - Panel

Get schooled in this engaging refresher course on the creation of the Multiverse with DC Chief Creative Officer/Publisher Jim Lee, Warner Bros. Pictures President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and Berlanti Productions founder/DCTV mega-producer Greg Berlanti. 30 min

3:45pm     BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe - Panel 

What’s a BAWSE? Find out here as some of the hottest actresses across DC television and film sit down with celebrity DJ D-Nice and Grammy-winning singer/actress Estelle to discuss how they use their confidence and vulnerability to navigate their careers in Hollywood. Panelists include Meagan Good (SHAZAM!), Javicia Leslie (Batwoman), Candice Patton (The Flash), Tala Ashe (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy (Black Lightning), and Anna Diop and Damaris Lewis (Titans). Catch the entire full-length conversation at McDuffie’s Dakota in the DC WatchVerse. 20 min

Saturday, Aug. 22 (InsiderVerse)*

1:00pm    DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Pilot EPK

A truly exclusive opportunity as an insider to see the short sizzle reel created behind the scenes of the DC’s Legends of Tomorrow pilot episode. 5 min On Demand

4:30pm    Behind the Scenes of the Arrowverse Crossover - Panel

Multi-hyphenate Marc Guggenheim joins The Flash first assistant director Phil Chipera, Batwoman costume designer Maya Mani, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow property master Lynda Chapple, and Batwoman/The Flash/Supergirl senior visual effects supervisor Armen Kevorkian to discuss the detailed and meticulous behind-the-scenes efforts that went into making the mega-crossover event “Crisis on Infinite Earths” happen. The talented group will offer exclusive and insider stories for fans that only those on working on set have been privy to. 15 min

6:00pm    Propping Up a Set - Panel

Have you ever noticed props in films and television shows that put a finishing touch on a scene and think, “Hey, I had that,” “I want that,” or “What great detail?” It turns out there are talented men and women behind the scenes making sets model real life. Join us for a conversation with professionals from both film and television as they give us a behind-the-scenes look at being a prop master/set decorator, including the responsibilities and challenges they have faced during their careers. Join Lynda Chapple (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Matthew Wilson (Supergirl), Drew Petrotta (The Suicide Squad), Andy Siegel (Birds of Prey), and Anna Lynch-Robinson (Wonder Woman 1984) for an intimate conversation. Who knows, you might even want to join their ranks!  10 min

(* All of these panels have encores later the same day/night/next day - see schedule.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends versus Space Aliens.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow plans to start filming season 6 this Fall in Vancouver, with new Covid-19 safety protocols.

Target filming dates: October 5th to May 10th, 2021 (via DGC-BC Production List).

Cast from outside Canada will have to qualify for the Canadian government-approved border exemption, followed by the strict 14-day full quarantine before heading to set.

Source

• Love 1

Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked (2020): Who Are the Best at Being the Worst?
By Matt Webb Mitovich, Andy Swift and Vlada Gelman / August 15 2020
https://tvline.com/feature/arrowverse-villains-best-worst-arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-1092348/ 

TBD. MIRROR MISTRESS (The Flash Season 6B)
30. EMIKO ADACHI (Arrow Season 7)
29. VANDAL SAVAGE (Legends of Tomorrow Season 1)
28. LEVIATHAN (Supergirl Season 5)
27. RICARDO DIAZ (Arrow Season 6)
26. QUEEN RHEA (Supergirl Season 2)
25. MALLUS (Legends of Tomorrow Season 3)
24. POST-CRISIS LEX LUTHOR (Supergirl Season 5B)
23. BLOODWORK (The Flash Season 6A)
22. ASTRA & NON (Supergirl Season 1)
21. NERON (Legends of Tomorrow Season 4)
20. ALICE (Batwoman Season 1)
19. THE FATES (Legends of Tomorrow Season 5)
18. RA’S AL GHUL (Arrow Season 3)
17. THE THINKER (The Flash Season 4)
16. THE LEGION OF DOOM (Legends of Tomorrow Season 2)
15. REIGN (Supergirl Season 3)
14. CICADA/CICADA II (The Flash Season 5)
13. DAMIEN & NORA DARHK (Legends of Tomorrow Season 3)
12. ZOOM (The Flash Season 2)
11. AGENT LIBERTY (Supergirl Season 4)
10. DAMIEN DARHK (Arrow Season 4)
9. FUTURE EOBARD THAWNE (The Flash Season 5)
8. SAVITAR (The Flash Season 3)
7. THE ANTI-MONITOR (Arrow Season 8/’Crisis on Infinite Earths’)
6. GRAVEDIGGER (Black Lightning Season 3)
5. DARK ARCHER (Arrow Season 1)
4. PROMETHEUS (Arrow Season 5)
3. REVERSE-FLASH (The Flash Season 1)
2. LEX LUTHOR (Supergirl Season 4)
1. DEATHSTROKE (Arrow Season 2)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

My notes from watching live "Wizard World Virtual Experiences Presents: From the Cast of DC's Legends of Tomorrow" today...

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW cast Q+A | SUN, AUG 16TH | 10AM PT, 1PM ET
Wizard World    Streamed live on Aug. 16, 2020

Panelists: Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan, Adam Tsekhman and Courtney Ford

-- CL has red hair!  NZ looks like Brad Pitt.  JM is wearing a Wicked Witch hat.  MR is unrecognizable with his heavy facial hair. AT is wearing a Beebo cap. CF had tech difficulties joining in this virtual chat.

-- First question was about the fandom. Panelists talked about their own memorable fan encounters and being recognized as their LoT characters. 

-- Next question was about their favorite character moment or what they still want to happen for their character. 
CL once pitched an idea to the writers (which she thinks they didn't like and won't use) that Sara Lance finds out she's adopted, because "there's so much stuff from Arrow about her family," and then they could bring back her parents (Paul Blackthorne, Alex Kingston) to appear on LoT. CL added that she just spoke to the writers and that there's a lot planned for Sara this season.
BR: "Coming from Arrow, I was asked to come on and kind of bring some brightness and humor to that show and, uh, did that, with an awesome scene partner in Emily." When he moved to LoT, he knew that it was going to be a "looser" show and continued to push the humor and make Ray as funny and silly as he could. BR also said that the most challenging things he had to do on LoT were the transition to Neron and all the physical comedy stuff.
MR: "Arrow pulled the character [of John Constantine] in from the cold."  MR then said that it's been so much fun bringing Constantine to LoT.
NZ said that he enjoyed his "time in the trenches" with his cast mates and mentioned "walking in 11 degree weather" with MRS. He also mentioned his final scenes with BR.
TA liked playing both versions of Zari.

-- Mod asked about Ava's introduction through the Time Bureau and her relationship with Sara.
JM said that she thought Ava was brought in to be in a relationship with Sara because they did a chem read. 

-- Mod asked AT whether he thought the LoT will be "nicer to Gary" this season.
AT said "No."

-- Mod asked about which time period they were excited to travel to or would be excited to travel to that they haven't yet.
JM?: "Any time before 2020."
NZ said that it would be "totally in their wheelhouse" for LoT to address the covid-19 pandemic.
The panelists joked about the Legends causing the current pandemic and then having to fix it.
MRS loved the episodes with pirates and the Vikings.
BR mentioned the Camelot and King Arthur episode.
NZ joked about his character being a historian and having to kill several people in history.

-- Mod asked about other favorite episodes for them.
BR said that he'll "always have a warm place" in his heart for the episode where they had to save George Lucas. He said that it was a fun, bonding episode for him and NZ. They thought that episode set the tone for the series going forward.
MRS mentioned the episode where Zari was a cat.
MR wondered if the Klingon episode had gone too far.

-- Mod mentioned the COIE crossover and BR's appearance as the Superman Returns Superman.

-- Next question was about which character they'd like to see appear on LoT, either from the Arrowversse or from anywhere.
MR said King Shark.
CL said Poison Ivy.
JM still wants to be the first female Riddler. She noted that Ava is a clone and that one Ava clone could've gone bad.
AT thought that, if Gary got a superpower, it would be either an unreliable power or a useless power.

-- The next question was about the new version of Zari.
TA said that she didn't know what she was doing at first and tried things out in the beginning. Also, she loved Zari 1.0 "so much" that she was initially "mourning" her at first, but now she's embraced the new version of Zari.

-- Mod asked for any final words for the fans.
CL thanked the fans. She also urged them to wear a mask when they go out in public.
BR also asked everyone to wear a mask. He also expressed his appreciation to the fans. He also urged Americans to vote.
NZ thanked fans for watching and supporting LoT, saying: "Wear a mask. Vote. Stay 6 feet apart... Be kind today and tomorrow, and see if it sticks... Don't be shitty...."
MRS: "Once a Legend, always a Legend." She said that she's designed a limited edition mask, with sales proceeds going to the Triangle Project (see her Instagram).
TA said that they have the best fans. She also said that the "bedrock" of their show was about "kindness and being good to each other and doing the right thing." She also said to "get involved when you can, take breaks, and get back in the fight."
JM (quoting NZ): "Wear a mask. Vote. Be kind...." She also said to do something for your own "heart health" and "head health" every day.
MR: "Wear a mask. Spread love, not the virus." He then did an Al Pacino impression.
CF said that Americans should check their voter registration status. She found out that she had been purged from the voter rolls and had to re-register. She also expressed her appreciation to the fans.
AT said "thanks" in several different languages. He also showed off his Beebo cap.

ETA: Here's the Fandom Spotlite video recording of this same panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_QjNix771E

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Why didn't Brandon and Courtney just share a screen? They were in the same house. Lol

It's interesting that Caity wants Sara to have identity issues when Sara has lost hers to her girlfriend. She probably just wants a storyline that is not about Ava. 

Of course even if they did give her that storyline it would probably become about Ava not having any parents and swallow up Sara's storyline. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Of course even if they did give her that storyline it would probably become about Ava not having any parents and swallow up Sara's storyline. 

Quentin and Dinah would probably end up becoming more like Ava's parents than Sara's.

It was a cool idea, but I feel like the writers have tried too hard to distance themselves from Arrow when it's not the crossover to ever touch that storyline.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

BEEBO IS RIGHT FRIGGIN" THERE! Is it because there's no direct link to the comics? Would there be an Atom emoji if Ray was still around?

There is no Beebo emoji shown in the DC tweet. The blue creature emoji represents Raven from Teen Titans Go!  DCFandom_2020_TTGRaven.png.6f89d753eb512d4a5f9f2124986e0edf.png

(DC Kids)

Edited by tv echo

FYI, the emojis shown above represent the following (in alphabetical order):

Aquaman
Batman
Batwoman
Beast Boy
Black Lightning
Cyborg
DC (logo)
Harley Quinn
Sandman
Shazam
Starfire
Stargirl
Suicide Squad
Supergirl
Superman
The Flash
Titans
TTG Cyborg
TTG Raven
TTG Robin
Watchmen
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 84
Doom Patrol (new artwork)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

There is no Beebo emoji shown in the DC tweet. The blue creature emoji represents Raven from Teen Titans Go!  

I meant Beebo was right friggin’ there in terms of being the official unofficial mascot of LoT.

• Love 5

All times listed are EST...

DC FANDOME: HALL OF HEROES, Saturday, August 22 (Hall of Heroes)*

(* These panels have encores later the same day/night/next day - see schedule.)

2:15pm    Multiverse 101 - Panel
Get schooled in this engaging refresher course on the creation of the Multiverse with DC Chief Creative Officer/Publisher Jim Lee, Warner Bros. Pictures President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and Berlanti Productions founder/DCTV mega-producer Greg Berlanti. 30 min

3:40pm     BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe - Panel 
What’s a BAWSE? Find out here as some of the hottest actresses across DC television and film sit down with celebrity DJ D-Nice and Grammy-winning singer/actress Estelle to discuss how they use their confidence and vulnerability to navigate their careers in Hollywood. Panelists include Meagan Good (SHAZAM!), Javicia Leslie (Batwoman), Candice Patton (The Flash), Tala Ashe (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy (Black Lightning), and Anna Diop and Damaris Lewis (Titans). Catch the entire full-length conversation at McDuffie’s Dakota in the DC WatchVerse. 20 min

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (WatchVerse)

1:00pm (24 hours)    BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe - Panel 

1:00pm (24 hours)    DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Panel
Unicorns, encores and aliens…oh my! The Legends have encountered a mess of creatures, villains and time periods over the course of the show, and you, the fans, have been on this wild ride right along with them. Join the cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow for a Q&A and, of course, lots of laughs! Be sure to tune in to get the inside scoop on favorite moments from past seasons and what they have in store for season six. Series stars Caity Lotz, Nick Zano, Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Olivia Swann, Amy Louise Pemberton and Shayan Sobhian join executive producers Phil Klemmer, Keto Shimizu and Grainne Godfree for a panel moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Chancellor Agard. 35 min

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (InsiderVerse)

1:00pm (24 hours)    Behind the Scenes of the Arrowverse Crossover - Panel
Multi-hyphenate Marc Guggenheim joins The Flash first assistant director Phil Chipera, Batwoman costume designer Maya Mani, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow property master Lynda Chapple, and Batwoman/The Flash/Supergirl senior visual effects supervisor Armen Kevorkian to discuss the detailed and meticulous behind-the-scenes efforts that went into making the mega-crossover event “Crisis on Infinite Earths” happen. The talented group will offer exclusive and insider stories for fans that only those on working on set have been privy to. 15 min

1:00pm (24 hours)    DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Pilot EPK
A truly exclusive opportunity as an insider to see the short sizzle reel created behind the scenes of the DC’s Legends of Tomorrow pilot episode. 5 min On Demand

1:00pm (24 hours)    Propping Up a Set - Panel
Have you ever noticed props in films and television shows that put a finishing touch on a scene and think, “Hey, I had that,” “I want that,” or “What great detail?” It turns out there are talented men and women behind the scenes making sets model real life. Join us for a conversation with professionals from both film and television as they give us a behind-the-scenes look at being a prop master/set decorator, including the responsibilities and challenges they have faced during their careers. Join Lynda Chapple (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Matthew Wilson (Supergirl), Drew Petrotta (The Suicide Squad), Andy Siegel (Birds of Prey), and Anna Lynch-Robinson (Wonder Woman 1984) for an intimate conversation. Who knows, you might even want to join their ranks!  10 min

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (YouVerse)

1:00pm (24 hours)    Fan Q&A with Cast and Crew of WBTV DCTV Series
The cast and crew of more than a dozen WBTV DCTV series answer fan questions.

1:00pm (24 hours)    Greg Berlanti Reacts to Fan Art
"Arrowverse" and DCTV executive producer Greg Berlanti reacts to fan art inspired by some of DC's biggest moments and characters. 3 min On Demand.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

FYI...

Greg Berlanti says pandemic will have an impact on the next Arrowverse crossover
By Chancellor Agard August 22, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/greg-berlanti-arrowverse-crossover-pandemic/

On Saturday, Arrowverse architect Greg Berlanti participated in the Multiverse 101 panel at DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes, along with DC-Based Films President at Warner Bros. Walter Hamada and DC Comics Publisher and CCO Jim Lee. During the conversation, he offered a small update on the CW's follow-up to "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

"In terms of what our next crossover event will be next year, I think truly because of COVID right now and the pandemic, our aspirations aren't quite as large," said The Flash co-creator. "We'd just like to start shooting again."
During the Multiverse 101 panel, the trio also discussed the possibility of more crossovers between the TV and movie arms in the wake of Ezra Miller cameoing as the Flash in "Crisis on Infinite Earths" last January.

"Up to this point, the company was organized where TV was TV and film was film, and often times DC and Jim were the arbiters of, 'They want to use this character. Are you using this character?' It became this really weird situation where the fans love the characters, they just want to see the characters," said Hamada. "This sort of opens the door for us to do more crossovers, to really lean into this idea of [the multiverse] and acknowledge the fact there can be a Flash on TV and one in the movies, and you don't have to pick one or the other, and they both exist in this multiverse. I do think moving forward there are more opportunities to do things like this."

For his part, Berlanti is also "happy to invite any feature [film] characters" that the film arm is willing to share. Beebo willing they actually follow through on this.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe - Panel
Selina Simeo   Aug 22, 2020

#DCfandome
What’s a BAWSE? Find out here as some of the hottest actresses across DC television and film sit down with celebrity DJ D-Nice and Grammy-winning singer/actress Estelle to discuss how they use their confidence and vulnerability to navigate their careers in Hollywood. Panelists include Meagan Good (SHAZAM!), Javicia Leslie (Batwoman), Candice Patton (The Flash), Tala Ashe (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy (Black Lightning), and Anna Diop and Damaris Lewis (Titans).

DC TV's Women of Color Share Their Inspirations
AUGUST 22, 2020 4:58PM by Richard Newby
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-tvs-women-of-color-share-their-inspirations 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

A GalaxyCon One-on-One chat with BR...

(Ayan Das)

-- Fan: "If you had to play a DC villain for a really long time, who would you pick?"
BR:
"Uh, I would want somebody with a great story, back story that - that really gives you something to dig into and understand, like some kind of pain or traumatic event that happened, uh, to the character, because that's, you know, that was the great thing about Daniel Shaw,* was there was a great story and reason why he felt the way he did and why he did. He shouldn't have reacted the way he did, but - but it's understandable and I could reach in as an actor and say, hey, I understand why he - he feels that pain. And so I'd want a character, um, like that to sink my teeth into, because then you can really bring truth - truth to that character... I'm not sure which villain that is, but -"
Fan: "Oh, yeah. There's so many choices out there, so there's definitely a lot of range."

(* Daniel Shaw was BR's character on Chuck.)

-- Fan: "I just got to say, I loved seeing your scenes with so many different characters on Legends. So you had your own chemistry with Caity, with Nick, with Tala, with Courtney, with Neal, pretty much everyone... I really do think that the showrunners made a very big mistake. I mean, like, we really deserved to have you for so much longer, and you deserve to win our hearts for so much longer. So I really miss you on the show."
BR:
"Thank you, man. I really appreciate that. I wish Ray was on there, too. But we have all the time he had with us, and he continues to be a, uh, you know, um, uh, an inspirational character, I hope and, um, he's off having joy and happiness with Nora somewhere."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of GalaxyCon Live's Aug. 30th Arrow Q&A panel (which included Brandon Routh)...

(Sif)

-- On how he fell into his role in the Arrowverse, Brandon Routh: "Yeah. I had a - had a meeting with, uh, with the powers that be, um, about a potential role, um, uh, arc on Season 3. And the biggest thing that came out of that was that they wanted to bring a little bit of humor and lightness, um, to the show. Uh, and, uh, and - and that was the thing that struck me about it. I wasn't - I was a little hesitant to go back into the superhero world, um, but, um, I knew that I knew that I was going to get an opportunity to do some - do some comedy and fun. And, um, that was what sold me about it. And I liked how that character had been written, with a lot of energy.... The original way they envisioned it was more Tony Stark, as you can see in the first three episodes that Ray's a little more Tony Stark-ish. But, um, while that's fun, it wasn't - I didn't want to necessarily have him continue that way... And so, as we went on, we kind of worked together to make him a little more palatable. Um, and so that his energy and excitement came from just his passion for technology and sharing it with people. And sometimes he said - he over-spoke, or he said something that was, you know, a little, a little, maybe crass, but it was because he was excited and wasn't thinking. More than that, uh, than some other thing."

-- On what his journey was like starting out his acting career, BR said that, when he was in college in Iowa, in his first year as an English major, "things happened" that led him to a "local modeling and talent association there in Des Moines," and that led him to this big competition in New York, where he ended up meeting his first manager, who asked him to go out to L.A. "for three months and give it a shot." Although he loved school, he could always return to school. He also had family in Downey, CA, about 45 minutes outside L.A. So he stayed with his great-aunt and -uncle for the first nine months that he was out there. He ended up booking his second audition just because "I looked right and I could stand up and say the words" (about five words). It was on an ABC sitcom. It was his first time on a set and it was a live audience. When he experienced the "energy" of the crowd, he decided that "this is it" and that he didn't want to return to school. He had done plays and theater in high school and "loved the comedy aspect of that." He said that, although there's a "long story" after that, that was the beginning.

-- BR: "I didn't grow up a comic book nerd. I grew up a fantasy nerd." He had a Nintendo and got a game called Dragon Warrior, which came free with the Nintendo power subscription. He said "that sucked me in." That was around the same time that Labyrinth and Dark Crystal came out, which are still "big hits" in his family. He and his wife recently showed them to their 8-year-old son. He got a computer when he was 14, which was when the original Warcraft came out. He was addicted to that. He played Magic: The Gathering, and still plays it.

-- On what lesson he's learned from his character, BR: "I think that one of Ray's journeys, um, for his character is - on both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow - was, what it is to be a hero, what it takes to be a hero. Is it - is it, uh, superpowers? Is it a supersuit? Um, can you be a hero without those things? And he's forced and challenged by that to - to be without his suit for certain, uh, episodes, um, in the show. And he really has to figure out what that is and what it means to - to be a hero. And first, you have to start with understanding why it is - you don't have to, but it's helpful if you understand why it is you're doing what you're doing, um, and your - your reason for - for helping people. And, uh, and understanding that - you know, we all have that ability within us, um, with compassionate understanding. And I think that's something that he exhibits with his team and even with the bad guys that come in... he comes up against, is having - trying to have some compassion for - for - for everyone who surrounds you, um, so that you can help, uh, fight for them and also understand their story. Um, and I think understanding, uh, other people's story is important in this world today. Uh, it's always been important and - and that's a part of being a hero. And when I specifically look at Superman, I think he takes the time to understand, uh, another person's story. Um, and, um, and I always kind of tried to put that into Ray a little bit. And that's what I'm - that's what I'm learning is understanding and valuing other people's story. Even if I don't agree with their story, I have to understand where they're coming from. Um, otherwise, I'm just judging them, uh, based on my own past. So, got to really step into someone else's shoes... I know I kinda of rambled there."

ETA1: To read my transcription of this entire panel, go to Arrow forum here.

ETA2: You can listen to GalaxyCon's audio recording of this panel here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1