Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Legends' Caity Lotz Talks White Canary Costume's Return in 100th Episode (and the Supersuit She Really Misses)
Vlada Gelman   October 27, 2021 
https://tvline.com/2021/10/27/legends-of-tomorrow-recap-episode-100-season-7-episode-3-white-canary-costume/amp/ 

“It was fun to wear this Season 1 version of the costume… because the White Canary costume [has] evolved over time,” star Caity Lotz tells TVLine.

While the tight leather getup isn’t exactly comfy, “every time I put the White Canary costume on, it reminds me — just because our show is so different — of old Arrowverse days. Like costumes, superheroes and suiting up,” Lotz describes. “Even when I have the pants on, and I have my sneakers with it, it brings me back to all of our crossover days and seeing the Green Arrow [with] his costume on — we’ve all got our comfy shoes on — and Flash. It does bring back old memories, for sure.”

But does Lotz miss the White Canary supersuit, which Sara has very possibly not donned since the Season 5 finale, as much as fans seem to? “Ummm… no,” the actress admits with a laugh. “You know which one I miss? I miss the Black Canary costume, and I think I miss it because that one I haven’t worn in so long.”

The milestone episode also allowed Lotz to channel Sara circa Season 1, who was a much different person than she’s evolved into over the past seven years. “That was weird. I was like, ‘Who am I? I don’t even know. This is confusing,'” Lotz says of inhabiting an earlier version of her character. “Because at that time, she was a lot darker, a lot tougher, and she wasn’t the leader that she is now. So it was interesting to play, and it was hard to find, almost. Also, the tone of those scenes with the old Legends, we weren’t playing it in Season 1. [In this episode], we were playing like Season 1 Legends in the tone of Season 7. It was interesting to find those characters for all of us, I think.”

Lotz was faced with another challenge as the episode’s director: trying to fit the show’s large cast and many guest stars into one Waverider hallway during a meaningful final scene with Gideon.

The ship’s set is “not like 20-people big!” Lotz notes. “At first, it was in the bridge, and everyone was supposed to be lined up,” but that setup was a little too reminiscent of Rent. “That’s why we decided to do it in the hallway and make it more of a journey, like Gideon walking through those last bits of memories and through her subconscious to make it back to present day,” Lotz explains.

Plus, wrangling the large ensemble of current and former series regulars was no easy task. “Everyone’s excited to see each other and wanted to talk and hang out, and of course, I’m like, ‘OK, now shut up. We’ve got to get back to work,'” Lotz adds with a laugh.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

FROST IN
LegalDispatch 0.9

Marc Guggenheim     October 29, 2021
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/frost-in 

Last Wednesday, the 100th episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow aired. I still can’t quite believe that a show with such modest beginnings reached such a remarkable milestone. And the achievement is even more incredible when one considers that Legends’ seasons are shorter than its sister Arrowverse shows (or most broadcast series, for that matter). What this means is that Legends reached its 100th episode during its seventh season rather than its fifth (which is when most shows’ 100th episode airs).

• Love 1

I did not include in the below quote a spoilery comment about episodes 708 and 709 (posted in Spoilers thread)...

Legends of Tomorrow: Caity Lotz Unpacks the Show's 100th Episode
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    OCTOBER 29, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-100th-episode-caity-lotz-interview/ 

CBR: Tell me a little about how you ended up directing the 100th episode, and what it means to you that you were entrusted with this milestone episode.
Caity Lotz:
Yeah, I mean, it was exactly that. I felt super honored that they would trust me to do it. It's such a big episode and important episode, and so I was honored that they would trust me to do it. They asked me to do it. It was really cool. I was very surprised, but yeah, it was definitely an honor.
I'd love to hear a little more about the choice to let Franz use his natural accent in Gideon's subconscious. How did that come about?
It was in the script. I think so much of you know what Legends does is that whole, "Why the fuck not?" [laughs] And Franz has a very cool accent! He's got this really great East London kind of accent. It just sounds cool. I think, since Gideon is British, it was like, "Why the fuck not?"
In a few scenes, Amy had to act opposite herself. How did you approach that as a director?
Yeah, that was a huge challenge, and Amy knocked it out of the park. I mean, the biggest challenge was for Amy because you have to -- so, it's motion control. You basically program the camera move. So you're trying to block a scene, but you don't have both actors, so we had an acting double that could be there so she had somebody, but she needed to figure out her performance for both sides with never having the actual person to act off -- like herself! Then, once we locked that in, it's set, so you can't change it, because the camera position gets programmed and it has to match the timing.

So we do one side, like her as regular Gideon, and her voice is recorded along with the camera movements, and then she has to go change to be evil Gideon and she's now acting to nothing except for the sound of her voice, but she has to time everything because the camera moves are already recorded, so if she walks forward, she has to walk forward at that exact same time, because the camera is moving, whether she's moving or not. It can't just follow her in the moment.

So it's really tough for the actor and she nailed it. It's like you're literally acting to nothing, except for the sound of your own voice. It's a challenge and she knocked it out of the park.
Which memory was your favorite to shoot, and could you break that scene down for us?
The silly string one was fun, because the silly string thing wasn't scripted. I added that in and I was like, "Okay, I'm not gonna tell anybody. Let's just silly string them!" So that was a fun thing on set. You're silly stringing people and getting silly stringed -- that's fun, no matter what! It's fun! So we had so much fun doing that scene.

Then, of course, the karaoke scene was really fun because Sara got to sing bad karaoke... I also hate karaoke! I hate it with a passion. I will not do karaoke in real life, and then I was like, "Oh, great! Now I have to do karaoke on TV," but I was like, "You know what? Okay, bad karaoke. We're gonna go full bad karaoke and lean into it," and everybody was dying on set when we were doing it because I was so bad. [laughs]

Then, of course, Amy comes in and blows it out of the water because she's got an amazing voice. I think the karaoke one, also, because I got to -- I don't know! That whole section was really fun.

At this point, you've been part of the Arrowverse for nearly a decade. First of all, did you ever imagine, in your wildest dreams, that this role would last as long as it has?
Oh, man! No, I definitely didn't see this coming, let alone the fact that I would be directing the 100th episode of the show. It is really beyond my greatest imagination. [laughs]
You're the last original cast member still on the show. Do you envision sticking with the series until it ends, if they'll have you?
WHO KNOWS! WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS, YOU KNOW?
What is one of your favorite memories from making the show across the years?
I guess shooting the 100th episode, because it's kind of this culmination of everything that I've worked for, and bringing it all together, like being able to direct the episode, and then having all the cast back together. It was all really quite touching and forces you to reflect in a very good way about the journey. I think, sometimes, when you're on the ride, you don't really realize it. This episode really helped me take a step back and appreciate it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

13 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
by Nora Dominick    October 30, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-10-29-21 

12. Legends of Tomorrow celebrated its 100th episode, which featured a bunch of old characters — Ray Palmer, Martin Stein, Jefferson Jackson, Rip Hunter, Nora Darhk, Leonard Snart, and more — returning as we traveled through Gideon's memories.

sub-buzz-756-1635524853-1.jpg

This episode was also directed by Caity Lotz.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Beebo Saves Christmas First Look: Legends Mascot's Animated Special Is as Adorable as You Imagined
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 1 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/01/beebo-saves-christmas-legends-of-tomorrow-animated-special/ 

As announced back in May, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s scene-stealing anthropomorphized plush/sometime-god will be tasked with playing holiday hero in The CW‘s Beebo Saves Christmas, premiering Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 8/7c. Check out the full first look below, which we made big enough for you to try out as desktop wallpaper (click to zoom).

The animated, one-hour special finds Sprinkles (voiced by Saturday Night Live vet Chris Kattan), an efficiency-obsessed elf, deciding that Christmas would run better without Santa Claus (voiced by Ghostbusters‘ Ernie Hudson). Beebo (voiced as always by Ben Diskin) and his friends thus travel to the North Pole to, among other things, help discover what truly makes Christmas meaningful.

The voice cast also includes Kimiko Glenn (Baby Shark’s Big Show!, Orange Is the New Black) as Tweebo (who is purple), Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) as Turbo (orange) and Keith Ferguson (DuckTales, Elena of Avalor) as Fleabo (green), while the dulcet tones of Legends of Tomorrow OG Victor Garber will narrate the proceedings.
An encore presentation will air Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 8 pm.

beebo-saves-christmas-first-look.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

Mixed feelings. It’s like the time NBC did a “straight” Halloween special with David S. Pumpkins one year after the SNL sketch. I’d go way more meta with a Beebo special. Maybe have the Legends try to remember details of the Beebo special that aired the first time in their continuity. Does that make sense?

Edited by Lantern7

Some LoT stars (and other Arrowverse stars) have signed up for L.A. Comic Con...

L.A. Comic Con, December 3-5, 2021 (CA)
Caity Lotz, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, John Barrowman, Neal McDonough (also Katie Cassidy, Katrina Law, Kevin Conroy, Tom Welling and Laura Vandervoort)
https://www.comicconla.com 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow Deleted Scene Shows Mick Asking Kayla Out [EXCLUSIVE]
BY BRITT RIVERA    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/legends-tomorrow-deleted-scene-season-6-mick-rory/ 

Screen Rant has an exclusive deleted scene from DC's Legends of Tomorrow featuring Mick Rory asking Kayla on a date. The superhero show is currently airing its 7th season on The CW. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Sixth Season will be available to own on Blu-ray and DVD on November 9.
Watch an exclusive deleted scene from season 6 of Legends of Tomorrow below. The scene is from season 6, episode 15, "The Fungus Amongus." In the scene, Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) attempts to ask Kayla (Aliyah O'Brien) on a date, despite the fact that they are already parents of 48 eggs. It's a sweet moment between the couple and teases Mick's exit at the end of the episode when he decides to leave with Kayla. See it here:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’: Season 6 Blu-Ray Review – Another Season Of Time-Tripping Fun With Dynamic Arrowverse Series
Dillon Gonzales   November 4, 2021
https://geekvibesnation.com/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-blu-ray-review-another-season-of-time-tripping-fun-with-dynamic-arrowverse-series/ 

Special Features

• Deleted Scenes: 28 minutes of unused material is provided here including scenes between Nate and Ava discussing the status of their respective relationships, numerous moments with Spooner, a trip to the farmer’s market, some old west fun and more. Some of these moments includes unfinished visual effects. 
  • Never Alone – Heroes and Allies: A 21-minute featurette which goes beyond DC’s Legends of Tomorrow to also discuss Batwoman, Superman & Lois, Stargirl, The Flash and more. In this piece there is a larger discussion about the teams or family that work together in service of the common good. It is nice to get a perspective from various different shows. This was previously included on the Batwoman: Season 2, The Flash: Season 7 and Superman & Lois: Season 1 Blu-Rays. 
  • Gag Reel: A seven-minute collection of flubbed or forgotten lines, giggle fits, goofing around, malfunctioning props and more that provide some big laughs. 
  • VFX Creature Feature: A five-minute featurette which takes a look at some of the creatures in this season and how the visual effects evolved to the finished product on screen. 
  • Animation Split Screen: A nearly six-minute comparison video which shows a rough sketch of the animation as compared to the final version. 
  • Actors Split Screen: A two-minute look at the actors recording their voiceovers during their Beauty and the Beast-esque turn as common household items come to life. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Season 6 deleted scenes (from the DVD and Blu-ray set that came out yesterday) - also posted below is a YouTube video that includes all of the deleted scenes...

Exclusive: 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 6 Deleted Scene Shows Nate and Ava Bonding Over Sara
BY RYAN O'ROURKE    NOVEMBER 9, 2021
https://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-deleted-scene-nate-ava/ 

With the release of Season 6 of DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Blu-ray and DVD today, Collider can exclusively reveal a new deleted scene that shows Nate Heywood (Nick Zano) and Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) reminiscing over Sara Lance and the love she and Ava shared.

The short scene begins with Nate walking into Ava's room with a binder at his side, hoping to try and cheer her up following the abduction of her beloved Sara by aliens. It's a wedding binder full of photos and plans for Ava and Sara's big day, complete with plans for a DJ, florist, and everything to make the day special. Ava learned earlier that Sara was planning to propose and she'd seen her far off in space, leaving her immensely worried that she'll never have a chance to say yes in person. Together, she and Nate lament Sara's abduction at the end of Season 5, with Nate stating that "they kidnapped the wrong ninja." It drives home the devastation Ava is going through after seeing her soon-to-be wife so far away from her.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: GARY TEACHES THE ART OF INEFFICIENCY IN EXCLUSIVE SEASON 6 DELETED SCENE
By Josh Weiss   November 9, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-home-release-exclusive 

It's time to slow down (like, all the way down) and take a look around with an exclusive deleted scene from the Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 home release. Fittingly enough, it's taken from the sixth episode: "Bishop's Gambit." 

Recalling Han Solo's "We're all fine here now" moment from Star Wars: A New Hope, this snippet finds an Ava clone (Jes Macallan) learning the subtle art of inefficiency from Gary Green (Adam Tsekhman). ....

Legends of Tomorrow: Astra Makes the Team Her Servants in Season 6 Deleted Scene (EXCLUSIVE)
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    November 9, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-deleted-scene/ 

Astra Logue likes being in charge, so when the Legends of Tomorrow ended up stranded with her at Constantine's home, she was more than happy to think up some things for them to do. To celebrate the release of DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Sixth Season, now on sale, CBR can exclusively share a deleted scene from "The Satanist's Apprentice," which finds Astra ordering her teammates around.

The clip picks up as Astra helps the Legends settle into Constantine's living room. "Can I ask you a favor?" Ava prompted. "Rory took the Waverider, and we are pretty much homeless. Do you mind if we crash here?"
Astra was delighted. "Done," she said. "But no freeloaders." With that, she handed a broom and dustpan to Ava, who passed it off to Zari as she walked by. Zari seemed displeased at the unspoken request -- "First and last time," she intoned -- but took them anyway.

From there, Astra appealed to the Legends' skills. "Who here can fix a kitchen sink?" she asked the team at large. Spooner volunteered, so Astra sent her to the kitchen and then turned to Nate. "Nate, why don't you use that effortless charm of yours and get the power company to turn on the lights?" she suggested.

Nate snapped his fingers. "By the time I'm done, you'll have free power for a year," he promised.

"Behrad, I'm famished," she added, to which Behrad replied, "Farmers' market, here I come!"

By the time she was done, Astra had a big smile on her face. "It is nice to have servants again," she sighed. Ava shot her a sideways glance and asked, "Don't you mean roommates?" At that, Astra wrinkled her nose. "Potato, potato," she laughed.

The scene was pulled from Season 6's fifth episode, "The Satanist's Apprentice," which found Astra struggling with everyday human life. Since she grew up in Hell, she had no idea how to do everyday tasks like getting a job, fixing the sink or buying groceries. As such, the Legends' unexpected pitstop at the Constantine residence offered her some respite, despite her unorthodox way of asking for help.

Deleted Legends of Tomorrow season 6 scene reveals the rest of Sara's shrooms trip
By Chancellor Agard    November 08, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-finale-deleted-scene/ 

It turns out there was more to Sara Lance's (Caity Lotz) mushroom trip than we saw in the season 6 finale of DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

EW is exclusively debuting a deleted scene from the galaxy-brained superhero dramedy's most recent season ender, titled "The Fungus Amongus," that reveals the full extent of Sara's magic mushroom-induced vision. This is one of several deleted scenes included on the DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Sixth Season DVD and Blu-ray box set.
As the above deleted scene reveals, though, the mushroom also briefly gave Sara the ability to hear all of the team's thoughts deepest thoughts and fears — from Mick's (Dominic Purcell) anxiety about parenting 48 kids, to Ava (Jes Macallan) fretting about wedding planning. Not only that, but the dazed captain also witnessed an emotional exchange between a grieving and heartbroken Zari (Tala Ashe) and her brother Behrad (Shayan Sobhian). All in all, this scene is a solid example of one of Legends of Tomorrow's strengths: The show's silliest ideas, like having a Sara trip on shrooms, almost always end up revealing more about its characters. It's rarely just wacky for wackiness' sake.

The following video compilation includes many S6 deleted scenes (including the ones mentioned above, plus others)...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Ava + Sara Deleted and Extended Scenes (HD)
Top Promos and Clips   Nov 9, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The CW's first official poster for Beebo Saves Christmas...

beebo-saves-christmas.png

(source)

Beebo Saves Christmas Synopsis Released
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 12, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/beebo-saves-christmas-synopsis-released/ 

We already knew the cast, and the basics of the story, but the newly-released synopsis reveals a few extra details in the new synopsis. The special airs on December 1, but will re-run again closer to Christmas.
THE HERO WE NEED - Everyone's favorite fuzzy toy-turned furry god will once again be a hero as he tries to save Christmas in BEEBO SAVES CHRISTMAS. When Sprinkles (voiced by Chris Kattan), an efficiency-obsessed elf, decides that Christmas would run better without Santa Claus (voiced by Ernie Hudson), Beebo (voiced by Ben Diskin) and his friends travel to the North Pole to help discover what truly makes Christmas meaningful. Also starring Kimiko Glenn as the voice of Tweebo, Yvette Nicole Brown as the voice of Turbo, Keith Ferguson as the voice of Fleabo, and Victor Garber as the narrator. BEEBO SAVES CHRISTMAS is directed by Jojo Ramos-Patrick, produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is written by Matt Maala and Kevin Shinick and executive produced by Sam Register, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, David Madden, Phil Klemmer, Grainne Godfree, Marc Guggenheim, Keto Shimizu and Kevin Shinick.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Worth posting...

Legends Of Tomorrow finally cracks its 1925 quagmire in a wildly good episode
By Jarrod Jones    November 11, 2021
https://www.avclub.com/legends-of-tomorrow-finally-cracks-its-1925-quagmire-in-1848037114 

And as luck would have it, “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist” comes to play. Bigger (and more seamless) effects, amped-up drama, solid character work, it’s not a stretch to say “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad…” is the strongest episode of the season so far. And let’s not forget the catharsis that comes with finally seeing the entire Legends’ roster united with Ryan towards the end of the episode. (“There are a lot more of you than I thought there’d be,” Davies says. Oh, buddy. Same.)
- Episode’s MVP: Dr. Gwyn Davies. Matt Ryan’s jittery, borderline manic performance this week made the episode’s stakes feel more fraught—and how good is Caity and Matt together? The scene where Sara, out of sheer desperation to get Davies to calm down and understand the situation he’s in, is the best thing I’ve seen from Legends all season. Then, later: “I’m as mad as a hatter!” Oh, Matt Ryan, how I’ve missed you.
- Every time Sara says “babe,” I’m reminded of Elaine’s mimbo boyfriend Tony from the fifth season episode of Seinfeld, “The Stall”.

A.V. Club reviewer gave last night's episode a grade of A-.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

MATT RYAN ON REJOINING LEGENDS OF TOMORROW AS 'A DIFFERENT CHARACTER ON THE SAME TV SHOW'
By James Comtois   November 11, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/matt-ryan-on-playing-gwyn-davies-in-legends-of-tomorrow 

“It’s crazy. In a way, the character had to be so different from John and bring a completely different dynamic to the group,” said Ryan. “When do you get a chance to play a different character on the same TV show? It forces the audience to look at you differently. He’s so different from John in terms of energy, it’s a real joy to play that out in front of the same audience.”

Ryan explained that while John Constantine is all-knowing, arrogant, and guarded, Dr. Davies is “very vulnerable and disarming and neurotic and open in a way that John wasn’t. He’s someone who has his heart on his sleeve, which is so different from John. And the connections the character can make with the other characters is so different from John. He almost feels like the grandfather of the group.”

Part of that, according to Ryan, is because of where the character comes from. “He’s a man of his time and stuck in that place, and through the Legends, he discovers a world both outside himself and within himself,” he said. “He’s never had anyone talk to him the way Sara or Zari talks to him. There’s a real journey there that the character goes through in real time.”

Of course, the more we get to know Dr. Davies, we learn that, like John, the good doctor is also battling demons he’d like to exorcise. “Like with John and Astra, Gwyn has guilt and shame and wants to go back and fix something,” said Ryan. “But the mechanisms driving Gwyn are different.”

Through this season, fans will see Dr. Gwyn Davies as “someone who is discovering himself through these new people and this new world he’s been thrust into. He’s a man who’s been through loads of trauma. He was a soldier; he was a warrior. His trauma has locked him down. So, who will he become?”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Warning: minor spoilers if you haven't yet seen last night's episode of The Flash...

Small Victory: Brandon Routh Makes His DC Return on The Flash
By Tim Beedle    November 16, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/11/16/small-victory-brandon-routh-makes-his-dc-return-on-the-flash 

When you left DC’s Legends of Tomorrow in season five, did you ever think you’d be returning to the role of Ray Palmer?
I thought there was a possibility that Ray could come back. I certainly thought that was a bigger possibility than with Superman, but then that happened, so I thought, “Well, if Superman could come back, then there’s definitely the possibility of Ray coming back at some point.” I was surprised, though, that it was on The Flash.

The first call I got was about appearing on The Flash. That happened and then it must have been three or four weeks later that I got the call about the Legends 100th episode.

Was it easy to get back into the role?
Yeah, it was actually easier on The Flash than it was on Legends in some ways because Flash is a through line story. The episode is largely about Ray and him helping Team Flash, and also what his journey has been since he left the Waverider and where his mindset it. It gets changed a little bit for the better through the journey he goes on in the episode.

With Legends, it was kind of like a flashback episode. We were revisiting older versions of the characters and there were many people in the scenes—it’s different to shoot that way, a multi-person scene versus a scene with just a couple of people moving the episode forward. It wasn’t hard, but it was a little bit different and also strange to be on that set as a guest star and not a series regular. But it was really great to see all of the crew that’s still there and all my cast mates and friends over there.
The threat in “Armageddon” is more serious and less silly or tongue-in-cheek than what we’d typically see on Legends of Tomorrow. Does that change how you approach the character at all? You’re probably not going to be channeling Mister Rogers when you’re battling Despero…
Well, Ray is Ray whether he’s on Flash or Legends. Stuff like the Mr. Parker episode, it’s a caricature and a heightened reality. Those are just fun. But Ray on Flash during “Armageddon” is the same Ray as in Legends. It’s the scene and the stakes that are at play that change his demeanor, and even in a high-stakes moment, one of my favorite things about Ray is that he’ll still crack a joke or say something to break up the tension. I think that’s great for the characters, but also for the audience since you’re not just mired in heaviness the whole time. I love that duality.

But Ray can be serious when he needs to be serious. He’d much rather be happy, joyful and exuberant, so he’s that most of the time unless duty calls and then he puts his game face on and buckles down.
Ray Palmer hasn’t really interacted with Barry Allen all that much. What sort of relationship can we expect to develop between these two?
There haven’t been a lot of moments. I think one of the most poignant moments that Ray and Barry have had is when Ray tells Barry that Captain Cold has died. I think that’s in the crossover with the Dominators. There are also some fun scenes in the first episode Ray was in on The Flash. But they haven’t had a lot of one-on-one interaction or opportunities to fight together. There are a couple of fun moments during the fight in tonight’s episode where they have some good banter and we see some cool Atom powers that help Barry—stuff that we don’t often utilize. Or rather, it wasn’t utilized as much as I would have liked because of the expense of the Atom special effects. But they use it in this, which is pretty fun.

I think Barry sees Ray as more of a partner now. It’s a partner-to-partner type of energy, where at the beginning, Barry was learning how to be a leader and how to be a superhero. Ray certainly didn’t know either, but he came from the business world where he was a leader, so maybe Ray was a little bit more of a mentor in some ways to Barry and Cisco. Now, with this episode, Barry’s matured a lot and upgraded his abilities and leadership skills over the years, so they feel a little more evenly matched, which is kind of cool.
Probably more than any other character in this shared universe, Ray Palmer is an idealist and an optimist. There’s almost an innocence to him that’s persisted throughout his time on the Waverider. Do you feel superheroes like that are particularly important right now? And have you ever wanted to see him get his hands a little more dirty?
Ray has gotten his hands dirty, actually. It just never was discussed. I think it was in an episode of Arrow where Ray rockets through a plane—an ARGUS plane or something—and destroys it and everyone in it. There’s also a moment in Legends where he zips through a guy’s heart in the Western episode and kills him, and we never deal with that! There was never any, “Oh my god, I killed somebody!” So, those were certainly moments that could have been an opportunity for Ray to have to deal with them and process them. He’s also had his moments of ego and selfishness, like when he gives Nate the super serum. He was the one who was supposed to be the real hero, but then he loses his suit and he’s upset with Nate for destroying it. There are a few of those moments.

I definitely think it’s important to show duality, light and dark, and how not everything is hunky dory and happy. But the overriding thing that is important to me is Ray’s idealism and his belief in the possibility of a better life and a better society, and of helping people. Somebody has to uphold that because if nobody else is holding that vision of the world, then it doesn’t exist. Is it over the top? Is it too much? Quite possibly and you have other characters who balance him out. But that’s what makes him so great and appealing to me.

I’m so happy to uphold that. Of course, that comes from Superman as well—he’s the #1 boy scout of them all. But it’s different coming from Ray, who doesn’t have superpowers. He has a super-powered suit, but he doesn’t have inherent powers. So, for him to still believe that way is for all humans to believe that way, in the possibility of greatness, upgrading and evolving positively.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends' Matt Ryan on Gwyn Reveal: 'It's a Story That Needs to Be Told'
By Vlada Gelman / November 17 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/17/legends-of-tomorrow-recap-season-7-episode-6-gwyn-davies-gay/ 

In “telling a story about someone who’s having difficulty with the way that he feels about someone else because of the social constructs that are imposed on him from the time that he comes from,” and then exposing that character to time travel, “there’s a world of discovery in there,” Matt Ryan, who plays Gwyn, tells TVLine. “Portraying a person who goes through this huge development and discovery and opening in himself, it’s a story that needs to be told.”

Given the repressed and fraught 1925 timeline that Gwyn hails from, it won’t be an easy journey to self-acceptance. “He’s not a man that’s going to turn around straightaway and say, ‘I love the man,'” Ryan notes, adding that that love “would be very different [compared] to him being in a relationship with a man in today’s age… It was illegal to love a man in that way. There were so many social implications.”

“The interesting dichotomy of him being religious and his love for a man, there’s a huge conflict there that a lot of people go through today,” Ryan continues, “and telling that story in the framework of 1925 and a man who’s tightened by the ropes of society is a really interesting way to explore that. I just felt like that’s a really important story to tell, and if we can mine that and get under that, then that’s a really good thing.
For Ryan, Zari was “a perfect person” for Gwyn to share his truth with, because “Tala has such an amazing quality about her on the show and in real life,” the actor raves. “She has that touch where she can open people in a most wonderful way. And it was really fun playing those scenes as different characters.”

Legends of Tomorrow: Matt Ryan Introduces His New Character, Reflects on Constantine
BY MEAGAN DAMORE     November 17, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-7-matt-ryan-interview/ 

CBR: You are in such a unique position, where you were able to switch to a completely new character for this season. What kind of input did you have in the creation of Gwyn Davies? What was most important to you when it came to defining who he is?
Matt Ryan:
It initially started, as you know, when we knew that John wasn't gonna be on the show anymore, and then it's like, "Okay, time for the next job. Move on. Maybe I'll go and do some theater, because I haven't done that for a while..." And then they were like, "We'd love to have you back!"

The initial thing we talked about is, "Well, what does the show need, in terms of a dynamic or a character that comes in? What kind of energy?" John was someone who was on the back foot, who comes from a world where he's got lots of experience; he's kind of all knowing and he's arrogant. We wanted someone that kind of brings in a fresh perspective, someone who has been bound to his time, in his period, in terms of his sensibilities and the way the world was, and then his eyes are opened in this crazy new world.

So we talked initially about the dynamic and the energy and some of the themes we wanted to tackle, and then he just kind of happened, you know? He just kind of happened! To change character on the same show, for me, it had to be something completely different physically, vocally and in terms of his inner workings and machinations as well. It had to be something that felt, to me completely different, and it does. Yeah, it's a unique thing, creating a character like that as well.

I did a lot of research into World War I, because that was where his trauma comes from and part of his huge experience. I did all this thematic work around the society, and then you just kind of let him loose and he's become his own his own character in a way. Yeah, it's a really interesting process and really unique to be able to do that in front of an audience -- and also in front of the crew and the actors. They knew me as John and they like John and then suddenly, I'm saying I'm this other person. You have to kind of force them to look at you differently.
Clearly, the trauma of Gwyn's past viscerally affects him. How did you set out to approach that part of him, particularly in such a silly show as Legends of Tomorrow?
The fact that we all have our inner traumas, no matter how big they are, and everything's relative, right? It was important to me to play the part of him that comes from that socially-bound world, and then his whole world is opened up to these people who think and look and feel differently. To portray his dilemma that he's in, he's someone who has faith and is religious, but also he has a love for someone in a way that wasn't allowed in that time legally, as well as spiritually, and to play that dynamic out in real time on the screen, that's something that that transcends time.

It's good to tell that story, because we can tell it from someone who is bound by those societal rules and structures. He's someone who can work through that, but that's also parallel to today, as well, in a very different way. It's just framed and looked at in a different lens. That was really important to me, is to get underneath the skin of the struggle that he has between his faith and his love and this world that has been blown open to him.
It feels so completely different to John, in a wonderful way. I hope that it works, because it's one of those things you have to give yourself boldly to, jump into it and see how it goes. I've just fallen in love with him the more and more I play him because he has this huge heart, this huge openness and vulnerability, which -- a lot of the time -- we don't like to see such characters on these kinds of TV shows; we want our heroes to be strong and lead, and this is someone who is showing you he's open. We see what's going on underneath, and he's vulnerable, and then the journey towards who he becomes is gonna be an interesting one.
Which other character do you think Gwyn has the most interesting dynamic with and why?
Well, the interesting thing is there's dynamics playing out with Gwyn that I, as John, the relationships were different.

Spoiler

Behrad, for instance, the relationship that he has with Behrad is a wonderful one. Me, as an actor playing that, me and Shayan [Sobhian] hadn't really had the chance to do that, and that's a really interesting one, and the way that Zari kind of opens him up.

The interesting thing is each character that he -- not gets paired with, but as he gets to know the Legends, there's something unique about each individual relationship that he that he has with them.

Spoiler

I would say there's this great moment coming up -- or I really enjoyed playing it, anyway; I don't want to say it's great -- but where Ava and him bond, and there's these very open vulnerable moments, but also at the same time, there's this strength in the both of them. I love the way that Jes [Macallan] plays Ava, and she is and can be an emotional person, but she has this drive as well. There's something that Gwyn got from that relationship, which is upcoming in however many episodes to come, that I found was really interesting.

What I'm finding is each relationship that develops, Gwyn is learning something about himself that he never knew. That's the interesting thing. So I'm discovering these things as we go on, and they're always surprising and unique.
You mentioned Sherlock Holmes and, when I chatted with Phil Klemmer at the start of the season, he compared Gwyn to J.R.R. Tolkien. I'd love to hear a little about the influences and inspirations you turned to as you developed this character.
Well, the first thing was, "Where does he come from? What time was he living?" and then looking at World War I. I love this part about being an actor. I played Fluellen in Henry V years ago, and I went and I read everything about the Hundred Years' War. Then I had a little bit more time, so I went back to 1066, and I just love that shit, that there's something real I can base this character on.

So I basically went through all the World War I documentaries and the history of how we got there and all of that. I would put images up on the wall. The trauma that he has comes from the loss that he's had from someone he loves, but also the trauma of that war, which was absolutely ravishing on people's souls as well as physically. Even now, I can feel a little lump in my heart and my throat, because it was crazily traumatic and diving into that stuff...

As Phil said, the Tolkien elements of it as well, that he went through that, and then his trauma was worked through his writing and all that stuff. This guy has a trauma; how can he work though it? Through the Legends, and through these different sensibilities and ways of living that can open him to a new way of living as a human being. I think that that development is huge. Its massive! Thematically, that's crazy. That's a whole TV show in itself, do you know what I mean? To get into that stuff!
Then there's comedy that comes from that, this guy in 1925 going like, "Oh my god, what are these things that are in this world?!" and someone who's looking onto a world with fresh eyes and is discovering for the first time. There's almost a childlike quality to that, that I really enjoy playing. Then with all the stuff underneath as well, it's really becoming a joy to play, really. The physical comedy of it is really cool, as well. I'm enjoying that stuff.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Did Flash 'Level Up' Too Much? Was SEAL Team Sexy+? Is Discovery Captain Indeed Reckless? And More TV Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Charlie Mason / November 19 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/19/seal-team-sex-scene-paramount-plus-tv-questions-answers/ 

16 | What do we have to do to finally be done with Legends of Tomorrow‘s Bishop?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Matt Ryan got an Honorable Mention...

Performer of the Week: Sarah Snook
By Team TVLine / November 20 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/20/sarah-snook-performance-succession-season-3-episode-5-shiv-roy/ 

HONORABLE MENTION | In taking on a new character for Legends of Tomorrow Season 7, Matt Ryan has completely transformed himself. Compared to his previous role of John Constantine, Ryan not only looks different as Dr. Gwyn Davies, but he also has a distinctly different physicality. When Gwyn this week was confronted by his traumatic WWI past, Ryan brought all his heartache and guilt to life through the scientist’s body language. Gwyn’s slumped shoulders seemed to carry the weight of his pain, while his PTSD gave way to frantic, nervous movements. But Ryan was never more vulnerable than when Gwyn opened up to Zari 1.0 about his love for his male best friend. As he spoke of Alun, Ryan simultaneously filled Gwyn with fear of judgment and relief at finally being able to speak his truth. While we miss Constantine, watching Ryan stretch his talent as Gwyn has been a true pleasure.

legends-of-tomorrow-matt-ryan.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LoT was mentioned in this recent interview with Arrowverse casting director David Rapaport...

Wesam's World #179 - David Rapaport
Wesam's World    Nov 19, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIIgewFrfE

-- Wesam Keesh: "Now when you're doing the world of superheroes, that's an interesting tone to juggle, because there's actually - there's still groundedness in acting, but there's a stylized sensation to it as well. So do you feel like you help the actors get there or do the actors come in with it or does the writing kind of facilitate all that?"
David Rapaport:
"I think the writing helps, but I would - I would strongly encourage actors to, if they can, watch an episode of the show - or even a couple clips of the show - because something like DC's Legends of Tomorrow is so different from Doom Patrol, which is so different from The Flash, which is so different from, you know, on and on and on. ... Tonally, they're all kind of different. They're on different networks. And if you kind of go into it thinking, oh, this is a superhero thing, I'm going to play it this way, you may get it wrong, and it's - it could be just a very easy adjustment of just watching even the trailer for the show to kind of get a sense of the tone. If it's a pilot and there is obviously isn't a trailer out for it yet, I would ask, um, either ask your agent or ask the casting director or casting assistant and say like, 'What is the tone of this? What would you describe it as?', if it's not clear to you in the sides. Um, because it can be a little bit confusing and, I think, nine times out of ten, what our producers are looking for is for the actor to ground the material. I mean, there can be some ridiculous stuff, where there's like laser beams shooting out of your eye and you're flying and - I don't even know how I would play that. But I would say, you know, less is more. Don't do any of the stunts. Don't do any of the action. Um, and play - find out what's actually going on in the scene... Is it a scene between, um, a guy who was wronged by another guy and he's angry at him? Focus on what's actually happening, as opposed to like the physicalness of like, I'm shooting laser beams out of my eye and I'm gonna kill you. That can be done in post. We're looking for like real performances. We're looking for - as much as possible - we're looking, you know, in general for, um, a connection to a real human emotion."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

When TV's Big Fall Finales Are Airing, Including Grey's Anatomy And One Chicago Shows
By Nick Venable last updated 1 day ago
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/when-tvs-big-fall-finales-are-airing-including-greys-anatomy-and-one-chicago-shows 

Wednesday, November 24

• Hanna Season 3, Amazon, 12:01 a.m. (Series Finale)
  • Legends of Tomorrow Season 7, The CW, 8:00 p.m.
  • Batwoman Season 2, The CW, 9:00 p.m.

Edited by tv echo

Coming up in two weeks - two cons with LoT cast members...

L.A. Comic Con, December 3-5, 2021 (CA)
https://www.comicconla.com/event/arrow-caity-lotz-katie-cassidy-katrina-law-neal-mcdonough/

Arrow: Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Katrina Law & Neal McDonough
DECEMBER 4 @ 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM

GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream Cast Q&A, December 5, 2021 (at 2:00pm ET)
Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Shayan Sobhian, Adam Tsekhman, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Amy Louise Pemberton
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/events/legends-of-tomorrow 

Edited by tv echo

TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Grey's Comeback, Uncancelled Shows, New Amsterdam 'Ship, Hetty Hug and More
By Team TVLine / November 25 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/tvline-readers-thankful-2021-yellowstone-greys-anatomy/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-100/ 

SCOTT SAYS...
“I’m thankful that Legends of Tomorrow brought so many cast members back for its 100th episode. That, combined with SNL’s vast array of cameos, was the biggest demonstration of a sense of normalcy. On a related note, I’m also thankful that Brandon Routh and Victor Garber get second appearances this season for Flash’s Armageddon and Beebo Saves Christmas, respectively.”

Quotes of the Week: Hawkeye, Insecure, Days of Our Lives, Dexter and More
By Team TVLine / November 28 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/dexter-new-blood-a-little-fargo-best-tv-quotes/ 

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“If he doesn’t like you, he could have you kicked out of the totem.”

“Is that legal?”

“I don’t know or understand the rules of the totem, so… yeah.”

We feel ya, Zari 2.0 (Tala Ashe)

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Bonus Quote!)
“That shirt really brings out Gary’s eyes, and those pants accentuate his butt.”

[panicked] I think I understand why humans keep secrets now.”

“That’s called shame, and there’s no shame in the game. Those pants do accent his butt.”

After a machine reads Gideon’s (Amy Louise Pemberton) thoughts, Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) assures her that it’s OK to appreciate Gary’s bod

Edited by tv echo

I created a thread for the special. Thanks to @scarynikki12 for recommending I set it up on the Specials forum.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

I think I'm the wrong demographic for this special - I watched like 5 minutes and was done...

Yeah. It was cute . . . maybe a little too much sap. I would've expected something more subversive, given Beebo's origins. On the bright side, it worked a lot better than the Halloween special NBC put out with David S. Pumpkins a few years ago.

• Love 1

Video of Arrow panel at L.A. Comic Con yesterday (Dec. 4) - Caity Lotz and Neal McDonough also talked about Legends...

"ARROW" Q&A with Candice Patton, Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz, Katrina Law & Neal McDonough
Rama's Screen    Dec 4, 2021

-- Mod: "How did the comics or the media influence your roles into getting ready for the series? Were you familiar with the comics? Were you familiar with the kind of mythology behind the characters and the storylines in the show? And if you weren't, did you kind of jump into it all? Did you use it as a reference to kind of mold how you would act on the show?
Katie Cassidy:
"For me personally, I did, um, when the time came, when it was appropriate to - uh, because when I first [unintelligible word] the show, my character had not obviously grown and transformed into the Black Canary. So I didn't want to get ahead of myself. But, yes, as soon as, you know, I felt like the timing was right and my character's journey began down that road, I - I read up a lot about it. I mean, I definitely knew the comic - comic book growing up, but I was more of a gamer, uh, growing up. But, uh, I definitely obviously educated myself and wanted to give, you know, as much of the hats off and kudos to the - to the comic and to the fans and do it as much justice as possible to make everybody happy. So, yeah, I definitely considered it when I was - when I was, um, you know, doing character back work and development."
Caity Lotz: "In terms of research, reading comic books is a pretty fun research thing. You were like, I guess I'll just have to read these comics. It's my job."
Katrina Law: "I think the same thing. By the time I came onto the show, Arrow was already kicking butt on TV. And, uh, nobody had heard of Nyssa. So we basically changed her a lot from the comic book version, and Greg Rucka and everybody, they were on board with that. So kind of being able to do what we wanted with here was a lot of fun. So I felt not as much pressure as somebody, say, the Canaries would, because their characters are a little more, um, according to bible. So, yeah, just having fun with freedom to do that and the fans allowing us to do that was pretty cool."
Neal McDonough: "As far as Damien Darhk, he was, you know, kind of an obscure character, uh, in comic books, so, uh, it really allowed us to delve in and make a - our own type of character with it. And Damien on Arrow was far different than Damien on Legends and on Flash. He was so much more serious and evil. But when I got to Legends and with Caity, uh, we lightened him up so much he became like, you know, Bad Dad Joke Super Villain, which was so much fun to play, uh, and I had a wonderful time doing it."

-- Mod: "With each of your particular characters and the personas that you took up throughout the series, um, how did you try to bring the character to life, whether you worked on it by yourself, like if it was just made for the series, or if it was for - or if it was an original comic character, how did you work towards - with the other cast as well - to bring to life the character to fit within the major storyline? Like, what did you like about the character that you did or what did you want to bring to it to invoke the type of persona?"
NM:
"Well, coming in - you know, playing opposite Stephen Amell, who is so driven to succeed and wants everything to be as great as possible, uh, I loved that atmosphere. I loved going into - you know, me being an athlete, you know, for as long as I was - it was like Game Day, walking in with Stephen. He was always so prepared. I was always so prepared. So the two of us had really kind of like heavyweight fights every time we - we came to set. But then when I went off to - to work with Caity and the rest of the crew on - on Legends and John Barrowman, how can you not smile and laugh and, you know, when you're around Barrowman? It's not possible. So it was a much lighter atmosphere. Both of them I enjoyed so much, uh, but both were so completely different in their approach to the character. And I loved it. I was so blessed to be able to play Damien, uh, for as long as I have. And now I'm back on Flash again, which has been a ton of fun -"
CL: "Yeah, I thought you were dead."
NM: "It's been great... How many times have I died? Does anyone know? I think it's four. I'm not sure."
KC: "I don't know. But you killed me."
NM: "I killed you once."
KC: "And they brought me back. I'm just saying." 
[tv echo: I had trouble hearing KC's words because Candice Patton walked onto the stage at this point, behind the seated panelists, and the audience was cheering very loudly.]
NM: "I'll say to Katie Cassidy one last time, I'm sorry!"
Candice Patton: "I'm not an Arrow cast mate, but - thanks for having me. Sorry to interrupt. Continue!"
KL: "Can I just take a moment to say, hi! It is so good to see your faces in person again after all of these years. (Cheers and applause) That's all I got."
Mod: "We were just talking about how each person up here brought to life their character and whether they were influenced by comics or influenced by the storyline in the actual series and how they were able to connect with that persona, with working with other people in the cast or just focusing on the character itself... I can ask you that same thing for your role as Iris on The Flash."
CP: "When I booked the role, I got really excited. I went to my local comic book store in Burbank and tried to do my research. Um, but very shortly after Geoff Johns was like, you know, we hired you for a reason. We feel like you bring the character to life. Um, so make it your own. And that's what I tried to do. So, yeah. And I think, just working with the other actors, we all created a chemistry and a bond and we all made it our own thing. So, yeah."
KC: "I was going to say, Lotz and I actually - which I do think was really interesting and helpful - we were roommates, uh, in Vancouver. So it was cool having - you know, playing sisters and then living together. Um, and being as tight as we were, I definitely feel like that played in - helped the, uh, chemistry, but, you know, just like the layers and the depth there. And same with Paul Blackthorne. No, I did not live with Paul Blackthorne... But he - working on back story and developing just, you know, what was the history like. And just together we sat down and we, you know, came up with this past - our whole life past. (To CL) You weren't there yet, but we did talk about you before you got there."
CP: "I lived with you, Caity. Who have you not lived with?"
(CL pointed to KL, who made a sad face.)
CL: "Yeah, that actually. (To KC) We were like - I guess we did go super Method. Because then it was like - you were like, that's my sweater, why don't you give my sweater back?... [Unintelligible exchange of words with KC)... I did. I gave it back. ... We did go Method. And then, yeah, Candice and Keiynan and I lived together."
KC: "Oh, and I lived with Danielle. Oh my gosh."
(Some joking about who NM lived with. He said, his wife.)
KL: "Um, I basically got my job because of Caity. So when we had our audition, neither one of us knew what they were setting us up for, and we both kind of walked into the audition, looked at each other, and went, let's give it a try. And I guess we had good chemistry and - thanks, Caity."
(CL hugged KL.)

-- Mod: "So, as I mentioned in the beginning, Arrow began and kick-started the Arrowverse for The CW, and kick-started shows such as The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. And it really has become the kick-starting thing of the DC multiverse in a way. It was the first live-action anything, really, for DC that introduced the concept of the multiverse outside of comics and in a way that, I think, made sense. ... How does it feel to be a part of such a large important piece of pop culture for DC, especially when you see the multiverse coming into movies, such as The Flash coming next year?"
KC:
"It's pretty frickin' awesome. Um, but also, I mean, I think everybody - so much gratitude. I have so much gratitude and I'm so blessed to have been, you know, even a tiny slice of this - of this giant high. Um, but also being able to like, you know, be here, making wonderful friends and being around amazing  other talent and individuals and people, and then coming out and being able to pay it back. And because it's - because of the fans, because of you guys, um, that we're here. So thank you. ... It's just an amazing feeling. Um, yeah, it's incredible."
NM: "Well, put it this way. Look at all of you people who are here today, uh, because you wanted to see us talk up on a panel... No, but, you know, we love you guys more than you could possibly imagine, because without you, there's no way we'd be here. You guys all came out today on a Saturday afternoon to show your love to us. So thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are amazing. We missed you guys more than you could imagine."
CP: "I think it's easy to forget. That's such a good point. When we're shooting in Vancouver nine months out of the year, we don't see you guys. We don't see your faces. And I haven't done a convention in so long and I miss being able to see the people who are watching these shows and to see how much you guys love these characters. I forget sometimes until I come and see this. (Gestures to audience) It's incredible. I mean, for me to play Iris West-Allen and to reimagine her as a Black woman and bring her into this century as, you know, someone that a lot of minorities can see and look up to. That's huge for me. I think it's really an awesome thing. I don't think I'll realize it until maybe 10 years after the show, like, the impact."
KC: "Right. You're still in shock."
CP: "I'm still in shock."
CL: "Yeah, I remember when Candice and I went out to lunch, like a month ago or something, and there's two young girls that like came up and wanted a picture. And they were crying and they were so happy and so excited. And like both Candice and I were kind of like - they left and we were like getting misty-eyed."
CP: "We like cried at the table."
CL: "Yeah, we were like, why are we crying? Because we hadn't been able to have any kind of fan interactions for so long because of COVID. And getting that like feedback because - if you're an actor on stage, like you get clapping and there's that connection and it's live. But on TV, it's like we - we -"
KC: "Crickets."
CL: "Yeah. Crew's not clapping."
KC: "Crickets. Cut. Let's go again."
CL: "So it's so nice and so important to be able to have that exchange and it's - it's quite fulfilling for us as well. So, yeah, thanks, guys."
KC: "Yeah, thank you, guys."

-- Mod: "With all of the seasons and episodes, is there - for each of you, is there a moment, whether it's a single moment or an episode, that you feel would define your particular character or, better yet, do you feel that there is an episode or a moment that really defines the spirit of the show Arrow as a whole?"
KC:
"Oh my gosh. There's so many."
KL: "When we were filming the finale for Arrow, um, I know it was the finale and it was super sad. Um, but it was so lovely having pretty much eight seasons worth of characters all come back and stand in one spot. And I just remember looking around and just thinking, I'm - I've been a part of something magical and it is like -"
KC: "You're going to make me emotional."
KL: "Like, Arrow and all of our shows, the spinoffs, The Flash and everything, it's just been - uh, Legends - it's lightning in a bottle. And it doesn't happen often. And having this experience in this entire world and community that we built together. I mean, like missing the fans, I know so many of these faces out there, it's ridiculous. I have seen you before, We have all seen you. We've held your children. We've watched our children grow."
KC: "A lot of proposals."
KL: "Yes. ... When I standing there during the funeral scene and just looking around at everybody, I just thought, this is a magical moment. Hold onto this, because this doesn't come around very often in life or in your career."
KC: "Gratitude."
NM: "For me, there were two moments. On Arrow, there was this really cool moment when I was fighting Stephen and I turned around and there's a sea of people about this size and I just move by hand and everyone falls down. It was one of the most surreal, coolest things I'd ever been a part of. But my favorite - and - and it choked me up so much when I did it, when I went back to do the wedding scene, uh, for Nora. But it was when I said good-bye to Caity that - you know, when we're shooting in Vancouver, the hours are really long. It's raining, it's cold. So you spend so much time with each other, getting to know each other. And I thought at that point, it was the last time I was going to be on these shows. I was wrong. At that moment, when I looked at Caity Lotz and I literally said, good-bye, it was a moment of all these years just wrapped up into this moment. And I remember being so choked up when I did that moment that I will never ever forget that."
CP: "I'm getting sad. I'm getting sad for the potential end of The Flash at some point. You guys are making me sad."
KC: "Oh, it's sad. I'm just saying, get ready for it."
CL: "It'll never end. It's going to go for 20 seasons."

-- Mod: "Well, what are your thoughts on the eventual ending of The Flash? Can you even envision - it's been on for eight years - do you feel like the ending, it can wrap up in a way that you can see fit - that it would be a fitting end to the series?"
CP:
"I mean, I hope so. My biggest hope is, we've all put so much time and effort into this thing and we love these characters and we know how much you love them... It would hurt me to walk away knowing that we didn't give it justice. I really think we have to - whenever that day comes, we have to give these characters and this story justice. For me, it would just make me a nice send-off, like, we did that, we wrapped it up, and we did it right. Yeah. I don't know when that day is coming. I have no idea. I think everybody kind of differs on, you know, their life and what they want. So - yeah, it's hard to say."

-- Mod: "Well, when Arrow ended the series and it was a very, I'm sure, an emotional time for the series to end, all, of course, the positive from the series, what were - just looking back on the seasons - what was probably the most challenging for you, um, on the show, whether it's dealing with your character or just - yeah, what were the challenges, I suppose, in bringing to life the series?"
KC:
"Well, I think - I think - well, challenges, you know, when you're starting a TV show, obviously the first season you're trying to find your legs and what exactly - what you are. Um, I feel like Season 2 we certainly had a hold on our show and what kind of show we were and that's when - (To CL) was it Season 2 or 3 when you died?"
CL: "Oh, when I died?"
KC: "Yeah."
CL: "Three."
KC: "So season when her character died, obviously it was very difficult for myself and my character, but also I feel really bad for the rest of the cast that was around me because I was a nightmare for the rest of the season. I was crying all while my character was dealing with her sister's death. Um, so that was just difficult on many levels. And then obviously when they killed my character - well, when Damien Darhk killed my character off... That was obviously pretty difficult."
CL: "I think, for me, a big challenge was going - bringing Sara Lance from Arrow to Legends of Tomorrow, because on Arrow, it was a dark show. My character was very dark, very tough and guarded. And then Legends, I'm like reading the scripts and I'm like, I would never say this on Arrow. Like, this is not - I don't - what character is this? And it was definitely a challenge to try to figure out how to bring - shed some of the darkness, but still hold on to the essence of who Sara Lance was and what we loved about her. And, yeah, because now it's - I mean, the Sara Lance - it's so weird because it's really like - it's been so long now... I don't know how many years - 10 years or something like that? ... The character has grown and changed a lot. And now it's a challenge to like continue to grow and change. I think, you know, with, uh, her relationship with Ava... Avalance. (To KL) Sorry, darling. That's provided a lot of growth and change for her in new ways."
KL: "I'm happy for them."
NM: "I did forget about one moment. Uh, like Caity was saying, our characters on Arrow were so different from our characters on Legends. Uh, but I had the distinct honor of having a line that I will never forget. You know, it was probably my favorite moment, you know, other than Band of Brothers, than anything that I've ever done. And it's when I tell myself, I'm gonna kick my ass. When I go back and fight myself and I beat my old Damien Darhk in a fight, there was something so much - it was so freeing to be the new, fun, goofy dad Damien Darhk and go after and have to fight the old, mean, cruel, Black Canary-killing Damien Darhk. And, you know, it felt great to kick his butt, I have to admit that. ... It was such an enjoyable moment for me on television."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I watched GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream Cast Q&A panel that premiered today (Dec. 5)...

Video link:  https://galaxycon.com/pages/lot-live-stream-1205

-- Panelists (in order of appearance): Shayan Siobhian, Adam Tsekhman, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Amy Louise Pemberton and Matt Ryan. Mod is GalaxyCon's Patty Hawkins.

-- Fan Q: "What time period would you have liked to have had an episode of the show based in?"
MR said that he can't even remember all of the time periods that the show has already been in, because there's "such a pile-up there."
TA said that she was stealing this idea from one of their writers, James Eagan,* who posted a pic on twitter of "peak '90s, like wide-legged JNCO jeans," so she would pick the '90s.
MR said that the '90s is almost being "reframed" now (like the '80s).
MRS said that they could do something about the '90s drag culture.
MR mentioned the illegal raves of the '90s. He thought that the '90s are coming back "big."
AT suggested the year 2400 as an alternative, where they're all just sitting on their couches wearing glasses and the world is just happening in their lenses.

(* I think this is the James Eagan tweet that TA is referencing.)

-- Fan Q: "What was the funniest story that happened with you on the Legends set?"
TA related the "Barry story" about a costume person on their crew, who they love. She said that he's sometimes "too helpful." For example, Caity and Lisseth were in a scene, and they were rolling on that scene, when Barry came into the scene and put a coat on Caity's shoulders during the scene. Caity turned around and Lisseth went, "Who is he?" It was all captured on film. Barry realized it and walked into an alleyway and the camera followed him. And then Alien Gary was in a corner of the alleyway and just helped him go inside the building. TA said that it was funnier to them than it sounds now in the retelling. SS said that it looked "incredibly choreographed."
MR related a story about when they were on location and he first came in as Gwyn. He kept sitting on his chair in the tent and falling over (happened three times).
MRS said that, when she was directing, they were all sitting on this couch and Lisseth put her drink under the couch. Then in the middle of a take, the whole couch collapsed and the drink went everywhere.
AT said that they "laugh so much on set."

-- Fan Q: "If you were to do one thing besides act, what would it be?"
ALP would love to open an animal rescue place.
AT would like to host Jeopardy.
MRS would like to do anthropological documentaries (like, living in the Amazon with a tribe for five years, and making films).
SS once worked on a farm for three summers and found growing things "so satisfying," so he'd like to be a "gentleman farmer."
MR wanted to be a motor cross rider when he was a kid and he grew up with bikes, so he'd like to do that.
TA would want to live in a small town in Italy or France, or in Canada or America. She would open a bookstore that's also a "multi-disciplinary art center," with poetry reading, very good food (including a great bakery), woodworking studio, painting studio, and small theater.

-- Fan Q: "Did you keep anything from the set?"
TA said that if the show ever ends (although she hopes it never does, she hopes the show goes on for 35 years), she'll take something.
MR said that the Waverider and the manor have some "cool pieces of things." He admitted that he always "steals" small things from set, like he has a few crystals from the manor. 
AT said that Gwyn's home lab had the "most incredible things" he'd ever seen ("steam-punky," scientific stuff).
MR said that, as Constantine, he has "the whole outfit, including the boots." He also has Constantine's hip flask and "his original lighter," which he stole off the original show. They were calling him about it, because there were only two made, and he was like, "I don't know."
AT said that he and Ramona both stole tee shirts ("Ultimate Buds" fan tee shirts that their characters got on the show).

-- Fan Q: "I'm sorry... is that a disco ball?" (Hanging from the ceiling behind MR)
MR said that it is a disco ball. He said that you can't turn on the light in the sitting room without the disco ball being on, because it's connected to the main switch.

-- Fan Q: "If you could pick any fandom crossover, what would it be?"
MR picked Doctor Who.
AT picked What We Do In the Shadows.
SS picked Scooby-Doo.
MRS picked Monty Python.
ALP also picked Monty Python.
TA couldn't think of one.

-- Fan Q; "If you could have any of the abilities or powers from Legends, what would it choose and what would you use it for?"
TA would like Caity's power of being invulnerable.
MR would like Charlie's power of shapeshifting.
SS would like Gideon's powers and win Jeopardy.
AT would stay alien so that he could eat people
MRS would like Constantine's magic.
ALP had a dream the previous night that she could fly, so she would like to fly.
MR said that flying has to be at the top of the list.
AT and TA both thought that flying in Vancouver right now would be too cold.

-- Fan Q: "What was it like filming the 100th episode?"
MR said that he wasn't in the 100th episode, but he really enjoyed it. He also thought it was great that OG Caity Lotz directed the 100th episode. He was in London at the time, waiting to come back for the new season.
ALP found it a little "overwhelming" and had "imposter syndrome" going on when they were shooting the hallway scene with everyone there, because it happened so fast.
MR added that getting to 100 episodes is "quite a feat" and was a "testament" to everyone involved, past and present.

-- Fan Q: "If you could write a story arc for your character, what would you like it to be about?"
SS would love for Behrad to go on a "proper spiritual journey in a monastery somewhere" or "some kind of monk situation" for a full arc.
AT would like to explore why Alien Gary looks "like this" (like AT). Is it a real person? Did he kill that person? Did he kidnap that person? Did he copy that person? Is it a random human face for Necrians?
MR would like to see Gwyn "caught in a '90s rave."
MRS always wanted a Zari 1.0 and Charlie love story ("the love that never was").
TA thought that Zari 2.0 needed a new power. She thought that the totem was more of a Zari 1.0 and Behrad power. SS suggested that there could be a lost family heirloom that's been recovered.
ALP would like something involving animals, like a cat.
MR thought that they needed to get a llama into the show.

-- Fan Q: "What is everyone's favorite Xmas movie/show?"
MRS and AT both picked Love Actually.
TA and MR both picked Home Alone.
ALP and SS both picked Elf.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Mina Sundwall played Lita (Mick's daughter) in Seasons 5-6 of LoT and Penny Robinson in all three seasons of Netflix's Lost In Space...

Mina Sundwall Talks About The End Of Lost In Space And Who Should Cross Over Into Legends Of Tomorrow - Exclusive Interview
BY DANY ROTH   DEC. 6, 2021
https://www.looper.com/678363/mina-sundwall-talks-about-the-end-of-lost-in-space-and-who-should-cross-over-into-legends-of-tomorrow-exclusive-interview/ 

I have a dumb theory that's going to transition us to talking about "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," and my theory is that Penny Robinson is secretly the daughter of Mick Rory.
Oh, that's an interesting crossover.

She's a writer, he's a writer. She does some romance stuff in the middle of danger and he has a tendency to write romance stuff that is very action and violence-based. So with that in mind, if Mick Rory was going to go up against SAR, is it just game over in five seconds? Is that even a fight?
Ooh. I was thinking about this. I think it would depend on whose turf this is taking place and who Mick Rory is defending because if it's family, it's over for SAR. If Mick Rory is defending family or friends, it's over for SAR, for sure. But it might depend whose turf because SAR has got some buddies that can do some damage, for sure.

That actually makes a lot of sense. If you could do an actual crossover where you could have one person from the Waverider go to the Jupiter 2, and vice versa, who would you do the crossover with if it's just one from each show?
Ooh. I mean, I would love to see how Mick Rory would handle being on the Jupiter 2, specifically taking orders. I would also love to see how Dr. Smith would handle being on the Waverider. I'd love to know what mischief she would get up to.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A fan posted his GalaxyCon 1-on-1 chats with LoT cast members this past weekend...

chat with Matt Ryan
James Westby    Dec 6, 2021

Chat with Tala Ashe from Legends of Tomorrow

Chat with Shy / Shayan from Legends of Tomorrow

• Love 1

TVLine ranked 15 TV weddings, from worst to best...

2021 in Review: The Best (and Worst) TV Weddings of the Year, Ranked
By Team TVLine / December 11 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-weddings-best-worst-2021-photos/dan-and-louise-the-conners/ 

8  AVA & SARA, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
The co-captains’ impromptu ceremony – when the apocalypse is approaching, seize the moment! – was a sweet affair with lovely vows. But then baddie Bishop interrupted the event right before Sara and Ava were about to exchange “I do’s,” so unfortunately, we have to take off points for the most unwelcome of wedding crashers. (Season 6, Episode 15; watch on Netflix)

Edited by tv echo

SpoilerTV Readers' five nominees for Nov. 2021 Performer of the Month included Matt Ryan as Dr. Gwyn Davies in LoT (but he did not win)...

Performers of the Month - November 2021 | (Nominees and winners) | SPOILERTV
SpoilerTV   Dec 15, 2021

20 Best Sci-fi/Fantasy TV Series of 2021
Breeze Riley    December 12, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/12/20-best-sci-fi-fantasy-tv-series-of-2021/ 

12.  Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
It’s hard to top fighting against unicorns, but Legends of Tomorrow reinvents itself to new heights every season. Season 6 brings the Legends to outer space.

Although the aliens themselves usually aren’t very memorable, the circumstances they create are. So leave it to the Legends to risk the fate of the Earth in a bowling match.

Spooner and Astra, who have had the best friendships on the show since Nate and Ray, join the crew. It’s refreshing to get some new blood after a somewhat stable roster the past few seasons.

The romance between Zari 2.0 and Constantine may break some hearts, but Sara and Ava’s wedding will have you believing in love. Co-captains forever!

Due to a scheduling change by the CW, fans are already enjoying Season 7 of the show. So we’ll never complain about twice the usual amount of Legends of Tomorrow

The 30 best TV episodes of 2021
By EW Staff   December 15, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/best-tv-episodes-of-2021/

"Bored on Board Onboard" — DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
(Written by Keto Shimizu and Leah Poulliot, directed by Harry Jierjian)

Legends of Tomorrow is essentially the Community of superhero shows — a pop culture devouring series about a band of misfits trying to work through their own baggage. And like that beloved cult NBC comedy, the CW dramedy knows how to pull off one helluva a bottle episode, as it does with the stylish and dark "Bored on Board Onboard." While embarking on a three week trip through space back to Earth, the Legends are forced to limit screen time to preserve power. So, they decide to play a Mafia-meets-Clue-like game to pass the time. To make things more fun, Constantine transports them into the world of the game. Setting the action in Constantine's mansion is clever because it (likely) allows the show to save money by using a pre-existing set and, more importantly, that's where everyone dreams of playing a murder mystery game. Unfortunately, the silly fun turns rather serious when the Legends start being murdered one by one in brutal fashion. As the terror builds, Constantine, Zari (Tala Ashe), and Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) are forced to confront some uncomfortable truths, eliciting great performances from all three. —C.A. 

Edited by tv echo

The most memorable shipper moments of 2021
By EW Staff   December 18, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/most-memorable-shipper-moments-2021/

Sara and Ava's wedding, Legends of Tomorrow

It's been a long and winding road for Co-Captains Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) and Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan). They've faced alien abductions, clones, Purgatory, and oh so much more. But Beebo willing, they not only persevered through it, but made it to the altar and tied the knot in the CW super-dramedy's wedding. Unfortunately for them, not inviting fellow capes like Barry Allen didn't stop their day from being interrupted by drama, this time courtesy of Bishop and his army of aliens. Nevertheless, the entire ceremony was incredibly sweet, especially the two women's vows. They've come a long way since their contentious first meeting in season 3. —Chancellor Agard

Edited by tv echo

Brandon Routh did another Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum podcast interview (posted today, but recorded prior to his guest appearance in "Armageddon")...

EPISODE196   Brandon Routh
Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum    December 28, 2021
https://www.insideofyoupodcast.com/podcast-episodes/superman-returns-brandon-routh-returns

Superman himself, Brandon Routh (Superman Returns, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) returns to the podcast this week to expand on his last interview, dive deeper into his thoughts on playing the Man of Steel , and share his surprising experiences over the last couple years. Brandon opens up more about his return as Superman in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and what that moment of putting the suit back on meant to him. We also talk about being a parent during the pandy and the newfound challenges that can come with homeschooling.

Edited by tv echo