Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Go to article link to listen to Literary Joe's Inner Child Podcast interview with Michael Eklund...

ARROW & LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Exclusive: Michael Eklund On Fighting Sara Lance As Both Dollmaker & Rasputin
LiteraryJoe    1/30/2021
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/legends_of_tomorrow/arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-exclusive-michael-eklund-on-fighting-sara-lance-as-both-dollmaker-rasputin-a182091#gs.s905by 

Michael Eklund is another actor who has shown up as multiple characters, having played Dollmaker in Arrow and the most recent season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow's hilarious Rasputin. However, what's interesting about Eklund's case is that both of those characters fought (and lost) to Caity Loitz's Sara Lance, aka the White Canary - and that's precisely what we asked him about during our recent exclusive chat with the actor.
"Caity played in Arrow. She was in black leather. The White Canary, I think they called her. Now, this is interesting that you brought that up. I forgot because Arrow was a while back now. And then when I did Legends of Tomorrow, I forgot that it was the same actress. And I only found out on Instagram when a fan posted the fight scene I did with her in Arrow. And then we go up against each other again in Legends of Tomorrow, and I'm like, 'Oh my God, we worked together before!' I'd forgotten. I think she forgot too. It's really cool how that worked out. Absolutely unplanned, never planned.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow Star Tala Ashe Looks Back on "Here I Go Again," the So-Called "Groundhog Day" Episode
By RUSS BURLINGAME - February 2, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/legends-tomorrow-tala-ashe-groundhog-day-interview/ 

Her philosophy seemed primarily to be that all of this time-travel stuff was just a means to an end -- that end being to "fix" her timeline, save her family, and get off the ship. It wasn't until "Here I Go Again" that Zari felt like she really became a part of the team...something that happened after she spent what seems likely to be thousands of hours in a time loop, reliving the same hour over and over, forcing her to work with the team, and to get to know them, in order to make her way out of the loop.

"When I started reading it, I was sort of shocked that they were giving me what seemed very clearly to me, a gift," Ashe recalled during a recent conversation with ComicBook. "It was both most exciting and daunting, to be completely honest. I think, as actors, we have these kinds of fantasies anyway. Even when you don't get a script like this, you're like, "Oh, maybe this will transform my character, or really move the development of his character along...but in this case, it actually was true. So I think maybe I had thought that, you know, even with that first Zari episode, people were going to really get to know her."
"This was a real opportunity for, for me to stretch as an actor, and also for people from really get to know and empathize with Zari," Ashe said. "We had sort of only seen more or less one side of her, up to that point. And it was this fun, sarcastic girl, but you didn't really get to see her under distress and you really didn't see her needing the team until that episode. In that sense, I thought it was great in terms of like solidifying her place as a Legend."

And with overt, in-story references to Groundhog Day and the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Cause and Effect," the episode became an early example of the kind of meta-episodes that are routinely some of the audience's favorites. And Ashe, along with the rest of the cast and crew, made sure to pay homage to the "source material" along the way, whether it's general stuff -- the "fun montage," as Zari calls it -- or some more specific points.

"The donut eating, I was like, 'oh, we have to have that,'" Ashe said. "There were a couple of moments from that movie that I really wanted in the episode, and the writers and the director were gracious to take feedback and let it happen the way that I wanted. It was very surreal to do a version of this kind of storytelling, and when you do it right, I think it's, it's very satisfying."
Another, sillier, bit of validation of one of her acting choices has come in the form of the internet, which has turned a moment of Zari wearing Hawkgirl's helmet and goofing off for the camera into a widely-shared image in the Arrowverse fan community.

"[Almost] that entire montage was improvised on the day," Ashe reveled. "They put me in a room, and there were a bunch of props in there. A couple of the things were actually scripted, like when I put on the Steel thing, the script just said, 'she puts it on,' but Ben Bray, to his credit and thanks to his trust in me, was like, 'just play with whatever you want.' I'm sure there's some outtakes somewhere in the world of me putting on ten other things. But I was like, 'oh yeah, let me just put on the Hawkgirl helmet, and hopefully not offend anyone.'"
"I was really nervous about it coming into the world," Ashe admitted. "I felt like I had a really good time filming it. It was the kind of experience I like to have, which is, I'm overwhelmed and I'm challenged in a wonderful way. And I had a lot of support from the writers and from the director, Ben Bray, who I really collaborated well with. But after that, I don't remember exactly how many months it was we had to wait until it was in the world. It happens often as an actor, where when you're doing something it's very different than what you end up seeing. And I'm particularly hard on myself. Maybe they sent me a cut like a week before or something, but I hadn't really seen it until about the time that the public did, so I was nervous and it was an enormous relief [when the episode aired]."
In the time since, Zari has become one of the characters who has changed the most. A literal new version of the character was born when, at the end of season four, she succeeded in saving her future, changing her personal past. Last season, fans even got to see the two versions interact briefly, and choose their favorite.

"Thank you to the writers and to [executive producer Phil Klemmer] for giving that to me," Ashe said. "In hindsight makes sense, but to give a new character that much real estate is sort of risky. Luckily, it ended up working out. Our fans are so great, and they're very, very devoted to, to the characters that they love. So who am I to take time away from Caity and Brandon, you know? But both the cast and the wider circle of fans were, were really, really gracious and kind."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Dominic wont be coming back if there is a S8.  Nothing against him but Mick has been played out for years now and still crazy that he had "more story" to tell to the writers than Ray did.

It will be sad to see another original go, especially because Sara will be our last person left from the original crew. I only hope they can get Wentworth Miller back for an episode or quick cameo in Mick's finale.

• Love 3

We've known for a while that he intended to work out his contract until S7 and then probably call it a day. He said as much when there was a lot of suspicion he might be leaving in previous seasons. I wouldn't call it a definite "DP exits" post but he's always seemed to set working his contract out as a goal. I also wouldn't be surprised if S7 is the end but you never know. 

What happened with Brandon and Courtney had a lot more going on than just objectively "out of stories" I think. Not necessarily with them personally but in terms of what Klemmer was willing to write for them and now much they were paying them. 

• Love 2

I’m maybe a little bit surprised, not so much that this would be his last season, but that he would put it out there like that.  But on the other hand, I also wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up being Caity Lotz’s last season too, or if it was the last season of the show, period.   I think I would be fine with that, tbh.  I’ve loved this show, but seven seasons is a very good run, it’ll get them past the 100 episode mark, and, at least for me personally, it’s increasingly wandered further and further from what I loved about it in the first place.

1 hour ago, shantown said:

I only hope they can get Wentworth Miller back for an episode or quick cameo in Mick's finale.

That would be awesome.

• Love 4

I don't know why Doms instagram post is being treated as news. He's been saying even before the show ever began airing that he signed a seven year contract.

And nothing he said in his new post means he's leaving or the show is ending with season 7. Contracts can always be renewed like with Smallville, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, & now The Flash making it to season 8.

I'm glad Caity Lotz already said last week she has no intention on leaving Legends and she isn't going anywhere & she continues to make posts about how much she loves the show.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

it’s increasingly wandered further and further from what I loved about it in the first place.

That would be awesome.

This is very true for me - in terms of both plot and characters!

1 hour ago, Proteus said:And nothing he said in his new post means he's leaving

“I’ll give ya 1 more/stay honorable to my contract #season7” certainly seems to confirm that his original contract was for 7 seasons and the longtime rumor that he would not renew past that. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, shantown said:

This is very true for me - in terms of both plot and characters!

“I’ll give ya 1 more/stay honorable to my contract #season7” certainly seems to confirm that his original contract was for 7 seasons and the longtime rumor that he would not renew past 

There's never been any rumor. He's always made clear his contract is for seven years. That still doesn't mean if he's approached about staying & likes whatever offer he's made he wouldn't stay. Season six hasn't finished filming or even aired yet. Too soon to know what's going to happen with season 7 or afterwards.

I think too much is made over what Dom posts on instagram. He says a lot of stuff that doesn't come to pass like him insisting for years another season of Prison Break would happen.

Edited by Proteus
On 2/11/2021 at 9:16 AM, tv echo said:

GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream Q&A, March 13, 2021 (Free, live-streaming Q&A)
Virtual Guests: Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Jes Macallan (autographs only), Ciara Renee, Adam Tsekhman and Falk Hentschel 
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/10/mar-13-legends-of-tomorrow 

So... Jes is doing autographs only, and beyond her they have two folks from Season One (first rule of Legends: WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT SEASON ONE!), Maisie who left a year ago, and... Gary. I realize the actors are actually probably awesome people and am not disparaging them, but... that's their Legends lineup?

• Love 1

Arrowverse: 5 Characters Who Are Smarter Than They Seemed (& 5 Vice Versa)
BY IAN GOODWILLIE     FEBRUARY 14, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-characters-actually-smart-vs-seemed-intelligent/

9/10  MORE INTELLIGENT: Sara Lance
Quentin Lance had two daughters, Laurel and Sara. Both women had an interest Oliver Queen, the playboy son of Robert and Moira Queen. When Queen's yacht sunk, Oliver, Robert, and Sara were all presumed to be dead.  They all survived, though Robert sacrificed himself to save his son.

Sara was consistently underestimated, especially in comparison to her sister Laurel. Taking charge of the Legends of Tomorrow has proven that Sara is not only a capable warrior but also an intelligent and wise leader.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

TV's Tiny Pleasures: Ted Lasso's Biscuits, Marvel Fanfare, Queasy Diggle and Other Things That Bring a Smile
By Team TVLine / February 17 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-small-pleasures-things-that-make-us-smile/

Legends of Wordplay

tv-pleasures-legends-tomorrow.png?w=621

“Zari, Not Zari”? “Legends of To-Meow-Meow?” The self-explanatory “Guest Starring John Noble”? We challenge you find a TV series that is having half as much (super-corny) fun with its episode titles as DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

The Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, HBO Max and More
Lindsay MacDonald     Feb. 18, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-netflix-hulu-amazon-hbo-max/

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Where to Watch: Netflix
Speaking of zany superheroes... Legends of Tomorrow is the binge for you if you want to leave all the serious stuff at the door and just enjoy yourself for a few hours. The series follows a time-traveling team of superheroes called the Legends, whose main mission seems to be having as much fun as possible while saving the world and the timeline. Imagine what would happen if your favorite superheroes got dropped into 17th Century France one day and then battled a giant stuffed animal the next, and you've basically got Legends of Tomorrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

MPAC Hollywood Bureau's Media Awards
https://www.mpachollywoodbureau.org/events 

Join us on Saturday, March 20 at 5pm PT to celebrate members of the entertainment industry, artists, and activists who promote inclusion and social justice.

Thank you to our sponsors for making this a free virtual event.
This Year's Honorees
DC Legends of Tomorrow
Phil Klemmer, Showrunner, Writer (developed by)
Grainne Godfree, Executive Producer, Writer
Keto Shimizu, Executive Producer, Writer
Tala Ashe, Actor, Zari Tomaz
Shayan Sobhian, Actor, Behrad Terazi
Ubah Mohamed, Writer

https://www.mpachollywoodbureau.org/dc-legends-of-tomorrow 

HONORING
DC's Legends of Tomorrow

We are so pleased to honor DC Legends of Tomorrow for shifting the narrative toward more inclusive portrayals of Muslims on screen.
Zari Tomaz, and her brother Behrad Terazi, are authentic, nuanced Muslim characters that are now forever members of the Arrowverse. We are so pleased to honor DC Legends of Tomorrow for creating these characters and shifting the narrative toward more inclusive portrayals of Muslims on screen.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I watched yesterday's GalaxyCon Legends of Tomorrow panel with Falk Hentschel, Ciara Renee, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Adam Tsekhman, Shayan Sobhian, and moderator Patty Hawkins...

Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream: March 13th at 2pm ET
https://galaxycon.com/pages/legends-of-tomorrow-live-stream-0313?ml_subscriber=1641294164911986235&ml_subscriber_hash=l2j2 

-- Mod Patty Hawkins: "I would love to hear how each of you came into your roles. And if we're going to go chronologically, then we definitely start with Falk and Ciara, coming in on 'Legends of Today,' the backdoor pilot for Legends of Tomorrow. How did that evolve for both of you?"
Falk Hentschel: "Ladies first."
Ciara Renee: "Okay. Um. Well, I just was auditioning for this random - they were, like, it's a DC character. And they kind of give you like dummy sides... I had no idea it was Hawkgirl, at all. And, um, nothing that was in the sides ended up being in the show at all. Um, I think there were like talks of it being like a Hawkman-Hawkgirl show, but then it ended up being like, you know, what it is today, which is Legends of Tomorrow. So, um, yeah, it was a pretty quick process. Got cast in that. And then found out Falk was cast. And, um, the rest is history."
FH: "We tweeted [unintelligible word] ... I think we met through Twitter."
CR: "Oh, yeah, we did. We started talking on social media, which is funny because you're like terrible at social media...."
FH: "I am... I'll figure this out... Uh, yeah...  I had been auditioning for the DC shows for like two years, for, I think, probably every single character. So when that audition came, I was like, alright, I'll do another one. I had, like, no expectations. I did know it was Hawkman. Um, dummy sides. None of that made it into the show. Uh. Yeah. Got cast... I was like, okay. Is this - is this real?"
Mod PH: "As always, the whole team behind the Arrowverse does a really good job at taking the core of these characters and translating them into episodic television, and retaining it and giving it its own flavor and its own life. And I think you guys just both knocked it out of the park. And I'm still waiting for Falk to be reincarnated and to come back."
Shayan Sobhian: "I think for the finale-finale, everyone needs to come back. Literally, every character we've ever had."

-- Mod PH: "Maisie. Season 2, episode 1, 'Out of Time,' in 2016, you came on board."
Maisie Richardson-Sellers: "Yeah. It was the same thing. I thought I was auditioning - the sides were for a policewoman... Yeah, it was a whole different thing. I had no idea until they actually offered me the job that it was Vixen, which was super cool. Um, and then it was cool to completely reinvent the character to play Charlie, who is the total opposite of Vixen, um, after two years, and would probably absolutely hate each other, which is fun. And then to reinvent those relationships. Um, so, yeah, it was a really fun ride."

-- Mod PH: "Adam... Coming up Season 3, episode 1, 'Aruba-Con.'"
Adam Tsekhman: "Aruba-Con. Yeah. We all flew to Aruba to shoot that one... No, we didn't. (Laughs)... Luckily, Vancouver can look like Aruba, 'cause it can look like everything... Uh, I actually was friends, uh - am friends with Grainne Godfrey, who's a brilliant writer, and she's one of the producers on the show. And she contacted me and she said, 'Adam, we're writing this character. I think you'd be right for it. You should audition.' I said, 'Yeah, I'd love to. That sounds amazing.' And same story as everyone else, where I got the scenes to audition with, and they were so funny, they were amazing. And I was so excited, and I worked really hard and I did the audition. And then I was so excited to shoot it. And I was like, oh, this is nothing - oh, we're not doing any of this stuff. Uh, and at the time, she said, this is three episodes and we don't really know what else this character - we really don't know who this character is or what this character is - or, you know, whether you'll be here for any longer than that. But I was grateful to have the opportunity. And it worked out."

-- Mod PH: "And finally, Shay. Came on board Season 4, episode 16, 'Hey, World!'"
Shayan Sobhian: "'Hey, World!' Yeah. Totally. I mean, exact same story. I had these two scenes that I loved. I sunk my teeth into them. As soon as I saw what they put down for the character - you know, he's a hippie, he's a stoner, he's lying to his parents. And, you know, he's secretly this time traveler. I was like, that sounds awesome. I actually, literally - I told my friends, no one else can play this part. This is my part. No one else can play this. And, uh, so I go into the room... It was actually for Grainne, Adam. Grainne was the producer who was casting that day... I did exactly what I prepared, which is like good in some ways. But then she was like, 'Okay, now loosen it up a little bit.' And like, 'We don't really know where we're going with this character. We just know we want something weird.' And so I did the entire scene in tree pose. The entire scene I did in a yoga pose. 'Cause it said in the breakdown, he does yoga or whatever... And I was working in a yoga studio at the time. So the universe was aligning in some perfect way. And then she started laughing. And then I knew.... Alright, I think this might be it. And then, uh, three weeks later, I flew up to Vancouver and I did two lines. And there was nothing - the scenes I auditioned for were not even present. But it didn't matter, because that was what got me into the character. And still to this day, when I'm like looking for - when I'm like trying to find the compass, like what's right, I think back to those two audition scenes... That's like the mother source, the material, uh, to draw from... And then obviously I came back for recurring guest star and now a series regular. So it's been - it's been a great ride."
FH: "Can I ask a follow-up question? ... Were you stoned for the audition?"
SS: "I was not. I was not stoned. Um, I may or may not have been stoned for some rehearsals, you know, my own private work sessions."
Mod PH: "There are many paths an actor may take to get inside the character. All it matters is the end."

-- Mod PH then read Fan Q: "What other superhero or villain would you like to be?"
AT picked The Riddler. He also said villains over superheroes "any day of the week."
SS picked Lex Luthor.
CR picked Wonder Woman.
MRS said that she'd like to play a female Spider-Man.
FH asked if there was a medieval superhero. Mod PH mentioned DC's The Silent Knight. So that was FH's pick.

-- Fan Q: "If you could be granted any power from the show, what would it be?"
MRS picked Constantine's magic power.
AT also wanted Constantine's magic power.
SS liked Mick's heat gun, even though it's not a power.
CR picked the power to fly. She also wanted the power to manipulate minds and asked if there was anyone on the show who could do that. SS said that Constantine could do it "in theory."
FH picked his own character Hawkman's ability to remember your own lifetimes, which he thought "sounds awesome."

-- Fan Q: "Was there any part of your character that captured your true essence?"
AT: "I'll jump in... I mean, a lot. Tons.... I have a very, uh, positive, optimistic perspective. I like to shine optimism upon others. (SS interjected, "You do?")  Except for Shay... And I have no desire to or ability to fight. So the fact that Gary never gets in any fight sequences or - that is perfectly - I'm like, that's great. I don't wanna be like fighting. So I'm a coward. I'm an optimistic coward. And so is Gary."
SS: "We need more optimistic cowards in the world."
AT: "Thanks, buddy."
SS: "There was a lot of my character that resonated with me. But the first thing that came to mind, like a very particular moment, was in the Shakespeare episode when they cut to me dancing and it's like - it's in Nate and Ray's imagining of how it's going to go down. And it cuts to me doing this groovy dance. And I'm like, 'Guys, I don't dance like that.' But that - that is exactly my essence - totally, like, goofy dancing, and then like getting mad when people make fun of it."
MRS: "I'm like a blend of the two characters, I'd say. 'Cause they got Vixen, that kind of - you know, very clear right and wrong, kind of [unintelligible word] fight, do whatever she can for those she loves and those she believes in. And then also the anarchist of Charlie and sort of fighting against the grain...Yeah, I think, definitely a blend of the two. The best parts of each. I'll take that."
FH: "Uh. I tried. The - the audition pages, there was a lot of that. And then the character changed a lot. But I would say, what remained a lot was Ciara's and my relationship. Uh, like we were a team on set. We - like, fell in love with her. No, we did not have an affair, but... I love that woman and I'd do anything for her. That - that was very honest and very true about the connection."
CR: "I love that. I love that... Um, I was going to say, like, all the warrior moments. The one that, like, honestly comes to mind - I think it was in the first or second episode, where I like slammed, um, Rip against the wall... 'We can't go get your son.'... I'm like, 'Bitch, give me my son!'... I feel like that like warrior to protect people. Like, that feels like definitely part of who I am."
MSR: "It's so funny, 'cause I feel like you two were on a completely different show than we were... Like, we're the like weirdo, loser, kind of comedy, and you [unintelligible words] intense kind of drama. It's like a whole different world."

-- Fan Q: "Did you perform your own stunts?"
FH: "Most of them. I got real mad once when I didn't. There was this epic fight of the pilot, uh, the second part, the end fight. And I was like, 'You call me when it's ready.' And then they're rehearsing, and I was in makeup or something - something [unintelligible word] work out. And I was pissed, uh, 'cause I love - I love doing stunts. I love flying, which we couldn't do anymore... [Unintelligible words] episodes, there was this big accident on The Maze Runner, uh, on a Warner Bros. movie, and then they were like, 'You ain't flying any higher than two feet.' But in the beginning, we did, uh, and it was awesome."
CR: "I feel like I tried my absolute best. I'm nowhere near the skill level to do a lot of this stuff, but I did as much as I could. And the stunt team was always so - so amazing. And they really took their time and like tried to teach me things and limber me up, to get my leg up here, you know, or whatever.... A decent amount, but my stunt lady, she did a f**kin' amazing job."
SS: "I've done a few stunts and I got the hat to prove it. (Shows dark ball cap) 'Legends Stunt Team.' So does Adam. (AT wears his ball cap)... It's a funny story, it was on the finale last year and, um, there's a big fight scene. And all of a sudden, like, it's like time for us to shoot it. And I was like, alright, well, the stunt double will come and shoot it. And then I looked at Nick and I was like, 'Wait, do we have to do this right now?' He was like, 'Yeah, man. This is Legends. Go talk to your guy'... 'Oh, okay.' Learned it on the spot... Yeah, I love doing stunts... Just a fun way to be physical and switch it up."
MRS: "I feel like Legends is the only show I've done where you literally learn it 10 minutes before... 'Okay, go there and do it.' So you're always just like, (Makes panicked sound)... One time I got to rehearsals, the sword fight, I think it was episode 12, Season 3, I think, when it was the pirate episode. And I was like, right, I always wanted to sword fight. It’s a dream of mine. Pirates. So I went in and I learnt it and learnt it and learnt it. And I did the whole sword fight. And it was a really amazing feeling. And then the next episode, I was like, right, I do my own stunts now. And then I was rehearsing, uh, with a [unintelligible word] stunt double and I forgot to duck in time, and I got kicked in the face. And I was like, oh, this is real... I'm not a qualified stunt person. Let me leave it to the experts. It's fun when you can jump in and do a bit."

-- Fan Q: "What is your favorite scene?"
AT: "Uh, I like my first - I'm just going to - this is the first thing that came to mind, but the first - my first kiss with Constantine. That scene. Where he kisses me and then says, 'Thank you, Barry.' And then - my name's Gary. That - that scene was, uh - that's my favorite." (Laughs)
FH: "I liked dying. I died a lot on the show. Uh, eventually I ran out of ways to die. And actually, Maisie, I wanted to go - I knew where the show was going a few years down the line. I wanted to literally go like, 'ohhh,' and die. I thought it was really funny... This guy's dying... They kill me kind of a similar way. I was like, I always duck, and then I spin and then I got a knife in my stomach. Uh, but the first few times... I get a kick out of dying for some reason."
CR: "The first time I held you in my arms."
FH: "Yeah, that was the really fun one."
CR: "You died, and I cried on you with fake tears."
FH (mock outrage): "Fake tears?" 
CR: "Um, yeah, we died a lot... I wouldn't say that was my favorite. I think, like, maybe the - I always go back to the Western episode. It was like such a sludge. There was so much like sludge and mud and water and whatever and rain. But we got to be on horses! ... Like, so fun. And Caity and I had this cool scene where we're just like gal pal-ing and like talking about life and like on these horses, and it was just so cute. I just loved that."
Mod PH gave a shout-out credit to the LoT costume team, which led to AT teasing, "They just custom-made something for me that is really cool, that I won't share, but we'll see it, and it's - uh, it was awesome... Little tease."
MRS: "When I played myself age like 80, 90, and I had the full facial prosthetics... I'd come in at 3 o' clock every day for four hours of building this face. Um, and then like having to learn how to move and talk, and what it's like to be 90 years old, was really cool... I had a scene with Nick, and he just couldn't hold it together. 'Cause I'm like bent over, with my little (Mimes using a cane), doing my thing, and he just kept laughing at me. And it's a really intense, emotional scene. But I think, just the experience of Legends is, you do all these crazy things you'd never get to do. Time travel and all these weird versions of your character, and you never know what's coming next week... The difference each week is what I love about it."
SS: "Yeah, I really - 'cause I'm a song and dance man, uh, at heart. I really liked the 'Mr. Parker's Cul-de-sac,' uh, when we're - ... when he puts a spell on us and we all, me, Tala and, uh, Eric Gow, who played Mr. Parker - we launched into this musical number, uh, 'Sad Feelings.' So it was stuck in my head for about two months after we shot it. But now I can look back at it and be like, 'that was a lot of fun."

-- Fan Q: "What time period would you want to travel to and why?"
SS: "Definitely late '60's. Woodstock era." He wasn't on LoT when they did that time period.
MRS: "I think mine would be like Ancient Rome." She's an archaeology "nerd."
CR: "I definitely want to go to the future, 'cause, you know, like racism and sexism. I'm just like hoping that in the future they don't exist anymore. Wouldn't that be so nice? That's where I want to go. Wherever that is."
FH: "Anything on a horse... No, I would go to probably medieval times. I love Medieval France. Scotland, like the William Wallace era. Uh, or further back than that."
AT: "I'm with Ciara. Like, 100, 200 years in the future. Tokyo. That's where I want to go."

-- Fan Q: "What other fandom outside the DC Universe would you like to see have a crossover with Legends of Tomorrow?"
CR picked The Winx Saga. The other panelists were unfamiliar with this franchise, so she had to explain it.
SS picked Avatar: The Last Airbender. He said that character can come teach "proper air-bending."
FH picked the Care Bears.
AT picked Shondaland, like Grey's Anatomy: "steamy, sexy, medical drama meets comedic superhero."
MRS picked Stranger Things.

-- Fan Q: "If you could change anything about your character, what would it be?"
FH: "I always wanted just more playfulness and more focus on the relationship and what that means to go through that again and again... I had a completely different idea of Hawkman when I signed on. Uh, yeah, just like I always felt like he's 4,000 years old and I always said, he can't take it too serious because he's seen it all. So he's kinda, you know, I wanted a bit of that Robert Downey Jr. arrogance but kinda like the uncle of the world... Uh, and do way more with the relationship issue of like, what's that like, you know, over and over - like, are they an old relationship or no? ... Out there ideas... They fit the show back then. So that's what I would change."
MRS: "I always wanted - I mean, it's not a change in Charlie and another character, but I really wanted the Charlie and Zari thing to happen, 'cause I think we had such good chemistry. And it almost happened so many times. The writers actually wrote it in and then it got cut out. Um, but there's definitely like another world where Zarlie are happily married and [unintelligible words]... I mean, we actually shot - we even shot a scene, like, a make-out scene... Yeah, the finale last year. Then we cut it."
SS: "It always bugged me that my power was like external - that it's like a totem. You know, I'm not inherently an air-bender. I'm a totem - an air totem wielder. So I would love to - speaking of Robert Downey, like, lodge this totem into my body somehow... so it is an inherent power."

-- Fan Q: "Any tips on acting?"
CR is also an acting coach now. She said that she often found actors not asking enough questions about who they are and what they're trying to get out there. Instead, they only create a "mask of something." She recommended being more curious and asking more questions about yourself and the world.
SS suggested finding something else that you love and that "fills you up," because "acting is so much about giving and unloading and emptying yourself." For him, it's music. He said that if you're just "tunnel vision on acting, you're going to burn out."
FH: "Don't play it safe. I've played it safe most of my career, actually... I didn't have the balls until much later in my career." He also agreed with what SS said and added that the more your life is filled with stuff other than acting, then the easier it is not to care so much.
AT agreed with FH that you should "take risks."
MRS agreed with CR about building your character's inner world. She talked about finding the "inner truth."
AT added that you should also think about what's fun for people to watch.

-- Final words from panelists: stay safe, drink lots of water. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Flash: The Legends of Forever, the third and final book in this AU Arrowverse trilogy goes on sale on March 23...

The Flash: The Legends of Forever (Crossover Crisis #3) (The Flash: Crossover Crisis) Hardcover – March 23, 2021
by Barry Lyga 
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Legends-Forever-Crossover-Crisis/dp/1419746863/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+flash+legends+of+forever&qid=1615844256&sr=8-1

The Legends of Tomorrow enter the fray in this epic conclusion to the Crossover Crisis trilogy

The Flash and his friends have defeated Anti-Matter Man, but the race to save the multiverse is far from over. As a threat looms large at the end of Time itself, Barry, his Kryptonian allies, and the Green Arrow seek help from the leading experts on time travel, the Legends of Tomorrow. Meanwhile, Cisco has been taken by a mysterious figure—and Owlman’s plans for Madame Xanadu come to a thrilling head. Picking right up where Supergirl’s Sacrifice left off, this action-packed adventure brings the Crossover Crisis to a dramatic conclusion beyond the end of the universe.

9781419746864_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You need to log in to Twitter in order to vote...

2021 DC/Marvel Television Series Tournament - Round One, Day Two
BY BRIAN CRONIN    MARCH 20, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/2021-dc-marvel-television-series-tournament-round-one-day-two/ 

Welcome to the 12th Annual CSBG DC/Marvel Character Tournament!
After the shows were all ranked, they were split into four different regions. In the early rounds, we'll do two regions a day.
Simply choose which show you like better. The voting concludes roughly 48 hours from right now!
CENTRAL CITY REGION
Next is DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which starred a collection of various characters from other Arrowverse series, led by Caity Lotz's White Canary. The cast of heroes travel throughout history on various missions, with each season having a distinct concept behind it. The cast has gone through tremendous overhaul over the years. It has been renewed for a seventh season. vs. The Gifted, a two-season series on Fox that starred a number of mutants having to deal with the disappearance of the X-Men in a world where mutants are still hunted.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LoT received MPAC's Voices of Courage and Conscience Award during yesterday's 2021 MPAC Media Awards - virtual appearances by Phil Klemmer, Grainne Godfree, Ubah Mohamed, Keto Shimizu, Shayan Sobhian and Tala Ashe...

2021 MPAC Media Awards 
MPAC National   Streamed live on Mar 20, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

23 Clever Examples Of TV Shows And Films Making References To Past Characters Their Actors Played
by Hannah Marder    Mrach 28, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/tv-show-references-to-prior-characters-actors-played

9. When Legends of Tomorrow had Victor Garber make a comment on the architect of the Titanic — a person he actually played in Titanic:
sub-buzz-8784-1616460338-2.jpg?downsize= 
"On Legends of Tomorrow, the Legends are studying the Titanic, and Dr. Martin Stein (played by Victor Garber) says, 'Whoever built that ship ought to be shot.' Garber played the ship’s builder, Thomas Andrews, in Titanic. The character of Dr. Stein later dies after being shot in 'Crisis on Earth-X.'"

—josephaloysiusc

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

ugg Gary was fine is small doses, now he's everywhere and somehow was the one to find Sara. Also I hope there was a good reason the Aliens took Sara and not just have it be so Ava can be the Captain. 

• Love 4

They should have just released the Zari & Behrad highlights with it's teeny bit of new footage as the s6 promo because it did a better job of getting me excited for the new season 😔

• Love 4
17 hours ago, tarotx said:

They should have just released the Zari & Behrad highlights with it's teeny bit of new footage as the s6 promo because it did a better job of getting me excited for the new season 😔

I saw these, but I assumed they were fan-made clip compilations.  Guess I should have taken a closer look.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

ugg Gary was fine is small doses, now he's everywhere and somehow was the one to find Sara. Also I hope there was a good reason the Aliens took Sara and not just have it be so Ava can be the Captain. 

Yeah I wasn’t totally thrilled about that either.  And it’s sad, but here we are less than a month from the premiere, and I still cannot muster more than a flicker of interest.  And I’m pretty sure the biggest reason for that is this Captain!Ava nonsense.  Although losing Zari 1.0 and Ray isn’t helping.  (I like Zari 2.0, but...Zari 1.0 was my favorite character after Sara.)

• Love 5

I only hope Sara isn't there to help push Gary's origin story, since she already had to step aside for Captain!Ava's story. I wouldn't put it past the writers to think how wacky and fun it would be if Gary is half-alien or something. If S6 is Gary+Sara for the first half and Ava+Sara for the second half, all the time, then it's going to be an annoying/frustrating season for me.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 5

I'm beginning to think they don't have a storyline planned for Sara. They just needed her out of the way so they can push Captain Ava's storyline. They didn't care enough to make Sara's blind with powers story matter. When it absolutely should've mattered. She's the only human to have survived seeing the true face of a Goddess and then killed that Goddess. I mean I'd even take the Aliens took Sara to be in their fight club because of things she's done and survived.

But we'll probably just get a scene or 2 and the main story will be all about Ava as usual.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, lurker22 said:

I only hope Sara isn't there to help push Gary's origin story, since she already had to step aside for Captain!Ava's story. I wouldn't put it past the writers to think how wacky and fun it would be if Gary is half-alien or something.

I actually had completely forgotten that they said they were doing Gary’s origin story this season, and that it was “more bizarre than you can imagine”.  Ugh.  Ok.  🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 1

Deadline summarized this whole saga in even more detail....

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ Star Dominic Purcell Changes Tune Following Fiery Exit Announcement; Says He Will Return “Periodically” In Season 7
By Bruce Haring, Matt Grobar     April 17, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/dc-legends-of-tomorrow-dominic-purcell-walking-away-burns-bridges-1234737784/ 

UPDATED: On Saturday morning, Dominic Purcell announced that he would be “walking away” from his role as Mick Rory, aka Heatwave, on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and, true to his character’s temperament, he left a fiery message in his wake.

But a matter of hours later, the actor returned to Instagram to clarify his initial statement. “God would everyone chill the f**k out. Why are people losing their mind because I’m leaving the show. Yes my tone was heavy straight to the point…It’s who I am,” he said. “Do I have a beef with the studio at @warnerbrostv NO!”

In his first post announcing his departure, earlier in the day, Purcell said, “The studio does not care. The actors [sic] work ethic and talent must give them the confidence to question authority. ….Much love to all. It’s not lost on me how very fortunate I am.” He ended the post with a call for actors to “him me up on DM” to discuss what he termed “Fake (c-words).”

Later, he apparently cooled down, deleting the original post and amending it with a different ending: “Big thanks to the cast and crew and all the awesome relationships I’ve made over the years. Thank you all. Dom.”

In his recent post, Purcell elaborated further. “Yes I said [the studio doesn’t] care. That’s not correct of course they do— just me being emotional and over stuff,” he said. “We all work in a big machine. Sometimes sh*t happens. It’s life.”

He then proceeded to lay out “the facts,” saying that he was leaving Legends of Tomorrow “on a full time basis,” but that he would come back “periodically with a handshake deal with my boss Phil Klemmer.”

“I have and always have had a tremendous relationship with the Bosses and the studio @warnerbrostv…My wording was aggressive in tone because sometimes I get frustrated and annoyed [sic] it’s been a long long heavy year locked up in #Vancouver for 9 months without going home,” he continued. “Who doesn’t and who hasn’t lashed out. Im f***in human. So for god sake chill on.”

The actor wrapped up by confirming, once and for all, that he hasn’t quit the superhero series, contrary to how the situation has been perceived. “I haven’t quit. My contract is up…I’ve never quit on a contract and never would,” he said. “So to all the fans you will see me again next year on season 7 periodically.”
Reps for the CW and Warner Bros. TV, which produces DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, had no comment on Purcell’s statements. According to sources, the studio has not started negotiations with the cast about next season yet. Legends of Tomorrow was one of 12 CW series that received early renewals in February.

Edited by tv echo

Not sure what is going on with him, but if he's leaving the show as a regular, I'm not sure if I really blame him.  His character was a big part of the early seasons along with Captain Cold and ever since Cold left, he's kind of just been there.  He lost his partner, and now he's just relegated to mostly being the grumpy comic relief.

The series has increasingly pushed Ava and Gary to the forefront, and as I really can't stand these two, my interest is waning.  Truly not looking forward to Captain Ava until whenever it is that Sarah gets rescued.  And even then I'm sure Ava will remain Captain.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Not sure what is going on with him, but if he's leaving the show as a regular, I'm not sure if I really blame him.  His character was a big part of the early seasons along with Captain Cold and ever since Cold left, he's kind of just been there.  He lost his partner, and now he's just relegated to mostly being the grumpy comic relief.

The series has increasingly pushed Ava and Gary to the forefront, and as I really can't stand these two, my interest is waning.  Truly not looking forward to Captain Ava until whenever it is that Sarah gets rescued.  And even then I'm sure Ava will remain Captain.

I'm generally a fan of the "rotating door" concept but it always seems with these shows that the people I like rotate out too quickly (Snart, Wally, Nora, Kuasa) and the people I can't stand not only stick around every year but keep taking up more and more space (Ava, Gary, Constantine). While I agree that it's Mick's time to go, I wish that "freed up" time would go to one of the newer characters (Behrad) but I'm sure it'll get added on to "Captain" Ava's. A bummer.

• Love 2