Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I was born in Chico, California, the almond growing capital of the world, and they say AMM-und (pronounce the a like in hat).

I have a number of farmers on one side of the family, several of whom grow almonds, and they do that, too.  It's my mom's relatives, so she grew up hearing it that way, and to this day - she's in her mid-70s - has to mentally correct herself before she speaks the word so she doesn't say it wrong.

• Love 1

I hate most cellphone commercials, and I hate Apple products. That said, I'm totally digging the Sprint commercial for the iPhone 8 Red, mostly for the song.

Which is an actual song, not just a jingle:

(There's also an uncensored version, where "That's It" is actually "Batshit.")

9 hours ago, Bastet said:

I have a number of farmers on one side of the family, several of whom grow almonds, and they do that, too.  It's my mom's relatives, so she grew up hearing it that way, and to this day - she's in her mid-70s - has to mentally correct herself before she speaks the word so she doesn't say it wrong.

My late father's family, who never left the Polish neighborhood in Philadephia, PA, also pronounced it with a flat a and no el. In fact, one sister lived on Aamond St. and another lived a few blocks away on Saamon St.

I love that commercial, but I'm a bit confused as to why they're so scared. Startled, yes. But they're in a car with the windows up and it's not a convertible. It's not like the cat can get them. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I love that commercial, but I'm a bit confused as to why they're so scared. Startled, yes. But they're in a car with the windows up and it's not a convertible. It's not like the cat can get them. 

It's a pretty big cat.  It would freak me out too.  I'd be afraid that it could end up breaking the windshield.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2018 at 11:20 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I hate most cellphone commercials, and I hate Apple products. That said, I'm totally digging the Sprint commercial for the iPhone 8 Red, mostly for the song.

Which is an actual song, not just a jingle:

(There's also an uncensored version, where "That's It" is actually "Batshit.")

I seriously though that was a remix of Right Said Fred's I'm too Sexy for my Shirt.

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, andromeda331 said:

I love that commercial. She's exploring where her many ancestors came from and having so much fun. 

And you don't get the impression she's going to abandon the one she grew up in, unlike Mr "I thought we were German".

• Love 9
On 4/18/2018 at 12:07 AM, 7isBlue said:

I text in complete sentences. Ha!

That whole commercial cracks me up.  All it really needs is a "dad joke" but it is complete on it's own!  It is not broke why WOULD he replace it???

• Love 7

Once again, GEICO knocks it out of the park with, "As long as villains explain their evil plans..." (the Bond-hero tied up, watching the British Bad Guy doing a power point demonstration)...freakin' genius. 

• Love 8

That's a good ad with good actors, but not very good Elvis music -- a mediocre song from one of his lousy movies.  There's a lot of Elvis Presley music to choose from that's much better ("All Shook Up" would have worked in this commercial). 

(edited)

I crack up at the almond commercial. I do pronounce the "l", I don't put an "r" or an "l" on the end of "idea", but I do say "ya'll" and "I'm from Missoura, show me." That is the only time I do not say "Missouri". And there is no "r" in "Washington" or "wash" or "toilet."

And the kid that talks about the "powerful life lesson," first he says "good decision on yer guys' part." not "your guys'." And, does anyone else think "Eddie Haskell?"

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2018 at 6:58 PM, Brattinella said:

"I'm a spider" cracks me up every time!!!  (Eyedrops commercial)

Hah! I thought it was just me.

There are a couple of these Transitions commercials out there using the same music - The Sun by Graham Candy - I just love the song and the gender bending (maybe that's my imagination?) But anyway the singer is a guy, what a voice.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, SoSueMe said:

Hah! I thought it was just me.

There are a couple of these Transitions commercials out there using the same music - The Sun by Graham Candy - I just love the song and the gender bending (maybe that's my imagination?) But anyway the singer is a guy, what a voice.

I'm going to have to take another look at Transitions. The last ones i got did not go very dark nor did they transition between day/light that quickly.

4 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I'm going to have to take another look at Transitions. The last ones i got did not go very dark nor did they transition between day/light that quickly.

That was the case last time I tried them, too (in the late 1980s), but my dad bought a pair recently and says they’re better.  For what it’s worth. 

(edited)

I'm not generally a fan of most Progressive Insurance commercials but the latest one featuring Jamie is petty cute - it's a throwback to the animated commercials of the 50s and 60s.  It actually works!

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Reality police said:

Thank you. There is a new one with just the Mummy and Death walking thru the park. Death turns to chase down his "2 o'clock". Mummy asks if it's a heart attack and he says no, bear. So cute.

Here's that one:

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Thank you. I have to learn how to do that. Geeze.

Things may be trickier if you're using the mobile version, I don't know, but on the "regular" pTV, if it's a YouTube video, all you have to do is copy and paste the URL and the site will automatically embed it as a video (giving you the option to display as a link instead).  I think iSpot links can only be links, no embedding.

For more info, here is the Embed Media Into Posts topic from the FAQ & Guidelines.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Reality police said:

Thank you. There is a new one with just the Mummy and Death walking thru the park. Death turns to chase down his "2 o'clock". Mummy asks if it's a heart attack and he says no, bear. So cute.

I really like those Spectrum ads, and Death is my favorite of the characters. All because of the "Shouldn't have touched him," from the original "Commute" ad.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Reality police said:

Does anyone who the actor is that plays Death? Can't find him anywhere. 

No, but I found this:

http://www.bnd.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/answer-man/article152981309.html

Q: My daughter and I have a disagreement about the Evil Commute commercial for Spectrum. In it, the Grim Reaper, the Mummy, the Werewolf and a mad scientist are riding a train back to the ’burbs, when the Reaper gets a frantic text from his kids complaining that a storm is wiping out their TV reception. I say that the Grim Reaper is played by Jeffrey Tambor. My daughter says no way. Who is right?

J.K.L., of Belleville

A: Sorry, but as the Reaper might say, your daughter has you dead to rights.

While the actor certainly bears a strong resemblance to the popular comedic actor, it’s another example of looks being deceiving. Although they say they cannot divulge the actor’s name, the folks at O Positive, the agency that dreamed up the spot that has Mother Nature raining on the Reaper family’s satellite dish parade, assured me “with 100 percent certainty” that it is not Mr. Tambor.

I wonder why they say they can't divulge, especially when all the other actors are identified in various ad agency blogs.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I particularly love the little dog that hides among the stuffed animals. 

I like that commercial too, and the one in the stuffed animals reminds me of E.T.

• Love 9
(edited)

One commercial that still cracks me up is for a travel place (Booking.com or Travelocity, not sure, probably still wrong)  The guy gets into a car that he thinks is his Uber and turns out it is the getaway car for a bank robbery.  When the dye pack blows up, then the one guy says, "I thought we said NO HOSTAGES!" it cracks me up every time!!!    Edited to add it was for Southwest Airlines!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
On 5/4/2018 at 11:55 PM, voiceover said:

Once again, GEICO knocks it out of the park with, "As long as villains explain their evil plans..." (the Bond-hero tied up, watching the British Bad Guy doing a power point demonstration)...freakin' genius. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Especially because the hostage, Mr. Billingsley, has my last name. And no TV/movie character EVER has my last name.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Especially because the hostage, Mr. Billingsley, has my last name. And no TV/movie character EVER has my last name.

Best. News. EVER!!

Congratulations!  I love that that happened for you...

• Love 3
4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Me too, but when he says "Should've gotten a cat," I also think, "Yeah, and you also should've gotten a protective case for the ball."  But I'm cynical like that. :)

I'm with you on that one.  A ball on a pedestal is just begging for a dog to play with it.  It's what they do!

• Love 3