Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

The ads for the Get Cracking pistachios with the elephant.  I love him! He's hilarious. Except for the one at the grocery store where he has to do the beep and pistachio thing. That one annoys. But the rest are hilarious. 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2017 at 8:35 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

What's with all the hair?

I just saw that Ferris Bueller commercial, and the hair ruined it for me.  They went to the trouble to properly replicate so many things from the film, but all I could see was that hair.  First, because it's like an entity all its own, but mostly because it made him look nothing like Ferris.

• Love 2

I just saw the VW commercial with the young couple buying VWs over the years and at the end buy the SUV with a bunch of kids in the back. It's a funny one.

• Love 2

The StateFarm ads where they use the exact same dialog for good and bad situations will never get old. "Is this my car? Squeee!"/"Is this my car? Aaaagh!" Though I wouldn't mind some new ones.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ennui said:

I have a crush on the Terminix man. His name is Tom Parker, and he was in one of the "settlers" ads for (whatever it was). I think I'd sign a Terminix contract if he came out to my house. He reminds me of Kent McCord (Adam-12). 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A9gK/terminix-cockroach

I clicked on the link for other commercials he's done, and he's also the cowboy, Jesse in the Geico "Words Can Hurt" ad. "I'm a loner and loner's gotta be alone." and then rides into the words "The End" and clonks his head. Hee.

• Love 6
On 4/6/2017 at 9:51 PM, riley702 said:

I clicked on the link for other commercials he's done,

Apparently I have a thing for guys in baseball caps, because in the other commercials I just see 'generic handsome guy.' It's the Terminix ad that zinged me. 

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 4:03 AM, rallymantis said:

I'm hoping they rerun the M&M "Thank you Easter Bunny!" ads.  My little brother can still imitate his little self (he's 49) saying, "Bock! Bock!"

That was your little brother? How cool. For years, those were my family's favorite Easter commercials. 

• Love 1
On 4/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, topanga said:

That was your little brother? How cool. For years, those were my family's favorite Easter commercials. 

Oh, sorry.  I didn't put that right.  I meant to say, When he was a little boy, he used to imitate the little boy in that ad.  Sorry!!?

I'm only saying here, btw, where he never comes (and BECAUSE he never comes here) that his imitation was, and still is, impeccable.

• Love 2

Getting a kick out of the Autotrader ad that parodies all of the obnoxious "for just pennies a day you can give money to a charity that spends an entire 5% of donations on actually assisting innocent orphans/puppies." (Queue somber piano music) Because every day, innocent cars are unpurchased and unloved..

• Love 2
On 2/22/2017 at 7:47 AM, Milburn Stone said:

That's a charming gummy bear ad. I can't make out what they're singing at the end, but one thing I like is that the creatives didn't feel the need to "sum up" or "explain" the concept with a voiceover announcer saying, "Gummy Bears make everyone feel like a kid again." That's obviously the concept of the ad, but they trust the audience to get it without having it spelled out for them. (Unless the song is doing it. Like I say, I can't make it out.)

"Kids and grownups love them so, the happy world of Haribo" are the lyrics, and the jingle preceded this particular ad. :) 

• Love 2

Again, I don't know what the commercial is for-- how terrible that I never remember-- but it begins with a guy looking at a picture of, I guess, him and his ex-gf. He goes out and comes upon a pet store that is having an adoption event. Before that, they show this adorable, wire haired doggie sitting by a dumpster being picked up by animal control. I want to cry now. The guy looks at all the pets in cages-- which I think would kill me-- and sees little wirehairface and takes him home. The doggie runs into the house, jumps up on the couch and barks with glee. The smile on the guy's face is just joy and then they show the dog licking his face. I smile and want to cry every time I see it. There is music in the background of singing "you rescued me." It's just a wonderful commercial. 

• Love 8

I saw the ostrich commercial at a movie theatre. It's fairly long, so I'm guessing they chop it up for network television?

I also saw the Walk the Walk Geico ad, but they used it to tell people to turn off their cell phones instead of just 'get out of town.' 

On 4/7/2017 at 11:22 PM, InDueTime said:

I just saw this Snickers ad tonight that made me laugh.  

The ad itself is meh for me, but the part that saves it is having the pregnant weather lady.  They're ALWAYS pregnant!!

• Love 2
On 4/2/2017 at 1:59 PM, rcc said:

I just saw the VW commercial with the young couple buying VWs over the years and at the end buy the SUV with a bunch of kids in the back. It's a funny one.

It's kind of tacky, but I  laugh every time at our intrepid couple who schtup like rabbits in their automobile du jour. 

On 4/7/2017 at 0:37 AM, Jamoche said:

The StateFarm ads where they use the exact same dialog for good and bad situations will never get old. "Is this my car? Squeee!"/"Is this my car? Aaaagh!" Though I wouldn't mind some new ones.

I like the couch one too.

And darn this one for making me tear up.

• Love 4