Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Week 2

• Start Topic

"I wish they would have showed more of the stand-up. I expected it to be a lot worse than it was. The guys weren't that bad considering it was probably their first time. Amy Schumer was great! JJ = turd. I guess he's the J-Turd."

My guess is, language. A bit R-rated, maybe.

• Love 1
(edited)

Boxing, really? What a stupid idea! Producers must've had them sign a waiver because there was no way someone wasn't getting hurt, especially with the major differences in sizes. Obviously they're all going to try and kill each other in honor of the great Kaitlyn, and Ben Z. did get a kiss and a rose after "winning" and giving Jared a concussion. And Jared got a kiss after getting a concussion. In fact, she just kept kissing every man she could get her hands on with those duck lips. I'm not slut-shaming here. I just think she's on the show to have fun and making out with as many dudes as possible in front of the camera is her idea of fun. It's clear that her type is a "manly hunk of a man" in the vein of Ben Z. and Clint.

Holy Kupah! I thought Kupah was going to win that boxing tournament with great ease. When it comes to boxing, I never bet on the white guy, and Kupah seemed more interested in Laila Ali and learning the sport of boxing than spending time with Kaitlyn. I was surprised when he lost to Jared who pound for pound was the best fighter there. While Kupah's drunken meltdown was uncomfortable to watch, I think he had a valid point about just being there to meet a quota. I think he was right to try and enjoy the experience with Laila. There was no need to try to swoon Kaitlyn because he had no chance of "winning." When he pressed Kaitlyn about their connection, she said she liked him because they have similar taste in music. Unless Kaitlyn is planning on becoming a rapper and needs a black boyfriend for street cred a la Iggy Azalea, I don't think similar taste in music is enough to base a relationship on. Kupah was going to get eliminated soon anyway. He just expedited the process.

Amy Schumer was great, especially when she was ripping on J.J. who definitely isn't in the top 90% percentile of intelligence even on The Bachelorette. I echo the sentiments that she would make a great bachelorette. She could singlehandedly save the franchise. She would make snarky comments we're all thinking at home the entire season, and it would be glorious. The problem is her career is on the rise, and I don't think she's "D-list" enough to do it anymore. Hopefully she's on for a few more episodes though. These guys are just begging to get made fun of.

I actually liked the speech Tony the healer made about boxing. I was thinking, wow, what a refreshing level-headed guy as opposed to the other meatheads. That opinion changed with each subsequent speech. This guy will be gone soon and I look forward to his exit interview where I'm sure he will have more profound musings about life.

I was one of the few hoping Britt would be chosen as The Bachelorette. Kaitlyn annoys me, and I figure you might as well have a trained actress in that role for dramatic purposes. While her and Brady seem to have a connection, Britt has fooled me before with Prince Farming, so I don't believe it. Brady is just a rebound guy who made the romantic gesture of following her after she didn't get chosen. This relationship is strictly for camera time IMO (like most of them).

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 5

Is there a site that keeps count of how many times Kaitlyn has kissed? I don't feel like watching again to cou nt but it sure is a hella lot.

Ian seems to have a confident realness that you rarely see on this show but he also seems humorless. Also, how many times can he say "Princeton"? Not my cuppa.

• Love 4
(edited)
Is there a site that keeps count of how many times Kaitlyn has kissed? I don't feel like watching again to cou nt but it sure is a hella lot.

Two last week (on the "results" show) and six last night. She's on a record pace!

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

I thought it was strange to having boxing on a dating show, but I give those guys credit for really going for it.  Those were some good, furious bouts!  The final match, though, was ridiculous and dangerous.  The one guy was wiry and agile, but he was out-weighed by 55 pounds!  The ONLY result possible was him getting hurt.

All these guys are always showing off their muscles, but one of them admitted he'd never been in a fight before?!?  How is it possible to go through elementary school without fighting SOMEBODY (a bully, a tattle-tale, a trouble-maker, a really mean girl--lol)?  Plus, I don't get the point with all the working out then. "Look at my giant muscles, ladies!  Sure, I have a white-collar office job, and if I was ever actually threatened by someone, I'd just lay on the ground very still until they walked away, but still, look at my muscles!"

Kupa sure melted down fast, didn't he?  he's one of those Bachelor/ette contestants who seems to think that it's the Bachelor/ette's job to impress THEM, not the other way around.  Kaitlyn has 18 men competing for her affections.  Her job isn't to go around and make sure all 18 are happy and "feeling special";  I think he's one of those guys who does really well with the ladies normally, and just can't understand when he's not "THE guy" in this group setting. 

• Love 4

I thought it was strange to having boxing on a dating show, but I give those guys credit for really going for it.  Those were some good, furious bouts!  The final match, though, was ridiculous and dangerous.  The one guy was wiry and agile, but he was out-weighed by 55 pounds!  The ONLY result possible was him getting hurt.

Not only was Jared out weighed by 55 pounds, he was fighting a guy that played division 1 football and is use to knocking the sh*t out of other guys.  He's lucky that he only ended up with a mild concussion.     Ben Z should have never been picked for that date; it would have been much safer for everyone for him to be up on stage with a mic!  But of course he was picked as Fleiss has to have his big moments.  

• Love 5

And just a guess on the former in JJ's job title; he either:

1. couldn't get the time off to go on the show so quit his job

2. quit/was fired for other reasons hence living with the parental units and hadn't found a new job before leaving for filming

or

3. His pyramid scheme collapsed.

• Love 20
Kaitlyn was quite the kissing machine. I hope Dr. Cupcake gave her some good medicated mouthwash to swish with between guys.

Me to Mrs. Pootel as last date guy pulls out from his obligatory smooch:

Guy: 'Mmmm.  You been eating cheetos?'

Kaitlyn: 'Uh no, that was the guy two dates ago'

Mrs Pootel: 'HA.  And gross.'

• Love 3

The boxing was horrible. And just when society is increasing its concussion-awareness ABC goes ahead with this? I cannot understand how their lawyers okay'd blows to the head. Truly stupid. And did the big mean doofus in the last match really have to go for it like that? Looked more like a case of simple assault to me.

I am going to go on record as saying Kaitlyn is an awesome Bachelorette. I love how free she is with her laughter -- I have immense respect for her laughing at everything, because this show deserves zero gravitas if you are one of its main players. I thought she looked so cute in her boxing getup.

Why did Kaitlyn appear to be on the verge of laughter whenever these guys opened up about their tragic stories.

If she looked like she was laughing at the "tragic" stories of the men, well I'm sure she was awarding them points for planning ahead and bringing up their tragic camera time stories in episode two, and not pulling a Kelsey and panicking in episode five or six.

Is it my tv, or does JJ also have bad teeth?

And I consider myself fairly aware, but I have no idea who Amy Shumer is. Where did she come from? Seriously.

The bleachable moment of this episode was the outfit Brady wore in the super-contrived "so in love" montage with Britt at the end. The skinny jeans, sweatshirt tied around his waist and the shrunken red beanie on his head - even Britt must have had a hard time pretending to love that.

Agreed. And is it me, or does anyone else feel that anytime Britt and Brady are together they lose their ability to walk straight?

I like Dr. Cupcake and his mint green shirt line. Also, who does Clint look like? We could not figure it out, but he looks like someone. And he is an architectural engineer? Kaching! $$$$$$$ End the show now Kaitlyn and run off with Clint, if you have any brains in that pretty head of yours.

The Healer Dude is not cutting it for me on the metaphysical level. If anyone saw the most recent season of Survivor they had one of the most ridiculous archetypes of the sensitive, in touch with the universe spirits I'd ever seen. He got voted off right away but left a lasting impression and this guy on the Bachelorette pales by comparison.

• Love 5

All these guys are always showing off their muscles, but one of them admitted he'd never been in a fight before?!?  How is it possible to go through elementary school without fighting SOMEBODY (a bully, a tattle-tale, a trouble-maker, a really mean girl--lol)?

I don't think it's unusual at all. I have two sons roughly the age of some of these bachelor contestants, and they have been raised to not fight. Scout leaders, teachers, and athletic coaches have reinforced that fighting is not OK. Both my sons are muscular, strong, athletic. And non-violent.

the school districts here -public schools, Chicago suburbs - have strict no-tolerance policies on violence. Fight on the playground, and you just might get sent to an alternative school.

• Love 11
(edited)

The bleachable moment of this episode was the outfit Brady wore in the super-contrived "so in love" montage with Britt at the end. The skinny jeans, sweatshirt tied around his waist and the shrunken red beanie on his head - even Britt must have had a hard time pretending to love that.

I really wonder if Brady would have even made Britt's top 5 before he went after her. He certainly has a "look" - twice he wore the t-shirt with coordinating hooded sweatshirt tied around his waist twice. And his "will you be my girl?" question? Dude, you're in your 30s. The hat at the end was the icing on the cake. Whatever, he might be a nice guy but I cannot take him at all.  

Edited by Crumpet
  • Love 10

And quick question about Brady, is he British and he just moved to Nashville to pursue his music? Because there's clearly some accent going on there and so if he's not, I'm going to have to go with my other assumption, that he's just pretentious as hell.

• Love 6

Do Bachelorette producers know that "Burning Love" did this "contestants do stand up" bit three years ago?   

So now reality shows are ripping off spoofs of reality shows. 

• Love 5

"Former Investment Banker" reads better than "Between Jobs And Living With Parents"

I think many of us have become cynical of the occupation tags assigned. After a half-second of being impressed with Clint's "Architectural Engineer" descriptor, I was pondering the possibilities...it could be designing and building dog houses (not that there's anything wrong with that--dogs need nice, functional spaces too). :) Obviously I'm not interested enough now in these men to search online for background.

I get skeptical because, if you happen to have a great career rolling along, I question why you'd consider it a good move to interrupt it to appear on a cheesy show and risk your reputation.

• Love 7
(edited)

And quick question about Brady, is he British and he just moved to Nashville to pursue his music? Because there's clearly some accent going on there and so if he's not, I'm going to have to go with my other assumption, that he's just pretentious as hell.

He grew up in Minnesota, so definitely not British. I'd agree with pretentious as hell.

Edited by SunnyDays
  • Love 1

Boxing is gross, so I had no interest in that date. The concussion was unsurprising.

Amy Shumer was hilarious. I wish she'd narrate the whole show, and just follow the guys around the house taking them down a few pegs.

I think Tanner and maybe Ben Z are the only guys there I find attractive.

• Love 1

He grew up in Minnesota, so definitely not British. I'd agree with pretentious as hell.

Ah, got it. I was honestly distracted everytime he spoke in the premiere episode trying to figure out his accent. So I guess it's all part of his "sensitive artist" schtick.

(edited)

Do Bachelorette producers know that "Burning Love" did this "contestants do stand up" bit three years ago?

So now reality shows are ripping off spoofs of reality shows.

I know they did that on Jake's season (2010), and maybe others before. It wouldn't have been in the spoof if it hadn't already happened on the show. Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 3
It wouldn't have been in the spoof if it hadn't already happened on the show.

I don't watch Bachelor/Bacheloette regularly, but I pray that some of the crazier stuff they did on Burning Love has not happened on Bachelor/Bachelorette. 

Amy Schumer is awesome and smart. Love her.

Boxing is just stupid to use as a competitive date--the potential for serious injury among not-even-amateurs is just huge, and Ben Z was in a no-win situation at the end. Poor Jared. Why not use a non-contact sport--sprints or tennis or making free throws?

I confess I love Britt and Brady. Cute development and as believable as any of the other things on this show.

Kupah went home and bragged that he got to hang with Laila Ali and can't remember anything else about the show. Idiot.

• Love 2

Ian seems to have a confident realness that you rarely see on this show but he also seems humorless. Also, how many times can he say "Princeton"? Not my cuppa.

Hell, if I went to Princeton I'd be dropping that into every conceivable conversation!

Reading a date card: "Ah, this index card reminds me of the flashcards I used to make to study at Princeton."

Accepting a rose: "Ah, the classic American Beauty rose! I cross-pollinated these in Horticulture 101 at Princeton."

And, yeah, I'd be annoying as hell, but I'd sure as fuck put JJ in his place when he tried to say he's smarter than 90% of the audience: "I'm smarter than 99.999% of the general population as evidenced by my attendance to Princeton!"

• Love 17
(edited)

Just watched the entire episode and I have to say, unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of liking Kaitlyn so far as as the Bachelorette. Yes, she isn't having the most riveting conversations with the guys, but I still find her personable and warm. And in the case of Clint, I felt like she was trying very hard to draw some conversation out of him during the night portion of their date, but he was all about the monosyllable, one word answers. He was attractive on the date though. And if nothing else, she's definitely shown more personality and a better ability to hold a conversation than Chris S. which okay, I know isn't saying much but still. 

I agree with some that a lot of the guys looked more attractive and appealing this week. I always enjoy The Bachelorette more than The Bachelor because I find I usually like a lot of the guys versus The Bachelor where the women usually just annoy the crap out of me. Tony is hilarious - totally batshit crazy but that just makes it funnier. If I didn't know better I'd say he was pulling an Ashley S. from last season but maybe they're just secretly soul mates without knowing it. Maybe the producers should hook them up on Bachelor In Paradise (since I mean come on, we all know Tony doesn't have a prayer of making it far this season, right). 

Ben Z. is really good looking, but that he-man/roid rage act in the boxing ring was not attractive in the least. I almost feel like he pulled out the dead mother card so Kaitlyn wouldn't think he was just some raging psycho considering he sent poor Jared to the hospital. Speaking of Jared, I noticed some saying it was horrible that Kaitlyn didn't give him the rose but I think she didn't because he technically didn't come back to the date. As he mentioned when she came down to see him, he just stopped by for a minute, because the doctors wanted him to go back to the house and rest. I mean he got some make out time so it wasn't all bad which yes, I know, so did many others. 

Yes, Kaitlyn's definitely going for the make outs but other than JJ and Joe (? not sure if that's his name, guy from Kentucky), I felt like she truly looked attracted to and into each guy she made out with, so why not? I personally don't go around making out with multiple people but as I always say, I wouldn't go on a reality show either. With JJ and Joe though, those were the first times I felt like the kissing was a bit forced on her part, with JJ more so.  It looked like he went for it and she went along but I didn't see the genuine heat and passion she seemed to have with the other guys. With Joe, he definitely went for it and it was a little awkward at first but after, when she started laughing about his accent and seemed charmed by him, she definitely seemed more into the kissing. 

I am feeling a bit of schtick with JJ. I'm sorry, I cannot believe a guy who is basically unemployed, divorced, living at home with his parents, with a kid, believes in all sincerity that he can show the other guys what it really means to be husband material. Like there are so many strikes right there as to why dude is not husband material, it's not even funny. So I think he decided to be the "villain" to secure his screentime because he likely figured out fairly early on, chances are he won't be Kaitlyn's top choice, even with her giving him the group date rose.

Um, so yeah, that Kupah mess. The thing is, I get on some level what Kupah is saying. It is true that the black women/men rarely make it very far on the show and so I get his concern about not being dragged through multiple weeks just to fill some quota. But basically coming at the woman right off the bat with almost an accusation that that is what she's doing is not going to endear you to her.

And I thought Kaitlyn might have genuinely been considering what he said even if she felt attacked by his comments but then he goes off to the guys, ranting away and basically saying how she wasn't even listening to him or looking at him when he was just being honest and once again judging and attacking her. And then he's so stunned when she tells him he's done. I mean the hell... I thought Kaitlyn handled the situation fairly well and stood her ground. I am amused by the end where it looks like she's ready to head out and throw down if Kupah gets physical with the producers. That's funny. 

I don't like or dislike the Brady/Britt stuff - if anything I just find it kind of random and a bit boring. We get like a minute, if that, during the closing credits of Britt saying they've spent every day together and shots of them being all "cutesy" which by the way, look very staged but nothing in them actually talking or connecting, unless I missed it during the episode.  So I can't say they're good or bad together because it just feels like some manufactured cute ending with adorable shots versus watching two real people really connecting and falling in love. And that's not to say they aren't, just saying that what we're seeing is not enough for me to judge one way or the other. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

Ah, got it. I was honestly distracted everytime he spoke in the premiere episode trying to figure out his accent. So I guess it's all part of his "sensitive artist" schtick.

He may be from Minnesota, but that's not a Minnesota accent. I was thinking British myself.

• Love 1

He may be from Minnesota, but that's not a Minnesota accent. I was thinking British myself.

Agreed. That's why I'm saying, knowing that he's not from the UK or some European country, I'm going with an affectation to further the whole emo, sensitive artist thing. 

I call bullshit on the "sensitive, in touch, zen" shit from the "healer." Total BS. Tony? Is that his name? That dude is seriously in love with the sound of his own voice, and I think he buys his schtick, but it's ridiculously inauthentic. He got pretty darn upset pretty quickly for a "zen, in touch" dude. I think he figured it was his air time hook for being on the teevee.

• Love 5
(edited)

I purposely avoided the first hour (PST) last night because of the boxing. (Would have loved Kaitlyn for telling them not to do it, and any of the guys who stood up to peer pressure/show pressure and refused.)  So Jared got a concussion by being paired up with and punched in the head by Ben Z (who lost any positive impressions I had for him by not refusing to beat up on a much smaller guy)? 

And then Kaitlyn gave the rose to Ben Z? That's horrible.

Here's "her" blog from People magazine. Whoever really wrote it did a terrible job--so chirpy and shallow, so many exclamation points!--and didn't capture her voice at all. But I'm sure she gets to read and approve them.  I like to think that Britt might have said "no" to boxing. Certainly someone should have. Men don't apply for TB-ette because they want to get beaten.

http://www.people.com/article/bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-blog-episode-3?xid=rss-topheadlinesI

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

The show should tone down scripting "I can see my husband/wife in the room" multiple times within the first episodes. Such silliness.

It's almost embarassing. Especially since most of these guys (at least at this point in time) do not really seem to be looking for marriage...more like trying to make an impression for more air time and free trips.  And to be honest, is Kaitlin even ready for marriage?

• Love 2

Agreed. That's why I'm saying, knowing that he's not from the UK or some European country, I'm going with an affectation to further the whole emo, sensitive artist thing. 

He's from New LONDON, Minnesota, so maybe it's a valid accent after all! (ha)

• Love 7

I am skeptical that Britt is that into that guy, I think her pride just doesn't want to look like she is going home empty handed.

Plus, she's probably still hoping for another TV gig.

• Love 6
(edited)

All these guys are always showing off their muscles, but one of them admitted he'd never been in a fight before?!?  How is it possible to go through elementary school without fighting SOMEBODY (a bully, a tattle-tale, a trouble-maker, a really mean girl--lol)?  Plus, I don't get the point with all the working out then. "Look at my giant muscles, ladies!  Sure, I have a white-collar office job, and if I was ever actually threatened by someone, I'd just lay on the ground very still until they walked away, but still, look at my muscles!"

My husband (now 62) has never been in a fistfight.

I sure hope all those guys going to the gym aren't doing it with the idea that they'll be beating people up at some point. I'm pretty sure the motivation is two-fold: fitness (it's healthy to exercise and be in shape) and vanity (looking good with your shirt off, such as while on the Bachelorette).

I wonder if Kupah had too much to drink, and while he didn't come off as drunk, it was enough to turn off his filter. I didn't like how he was telling Kaitlyn what she should be thinking or feeling, and I was pretty shocked when he refused to leave when she asked him to. I don't recall any previous contestants flat-out saying "No" when the lead tried to show them the door.

I really wonder if Brady would have even made Britt's top 5 before he went after her. He certainly has a "look" - twice he wore the t-shirt with coordinating hooded sweatshirt tied around his waist twice. And his "will you be my girl?" question? Dude, you're in your 30s. The hat at the end was the icing on the cake. Whatever, he might be a nice guy but I cannot take him at all.

It actually matched pretty well Britt's screeching "I have a boyfriend!!" at the end, like a 15-year-old. Maybe it's a match made in Bachelorette heaven.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 5

Just went to the ABC site to get some names with the faces.

I figured out that the guy I thought was cute last week was Ben H. Looks wise I like him and Jared the best.

Corey looks older than 30.

What ethnicity is Ian? 

Just watched the entire episode and I have to say, unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of liking Kaitlyn so far as as the Bachelorette. Yes, she isn't having the most riveting conversations with the guys, but I still find her personable and warm. And in the case of Clint, I felt like she was trying very hard to draw some conversation out of him during the night portion of their date, but he was all about the monosyllable, one word answers. He was attractive on the date though. And if nothing else, she's definitely shown more personality and a better ability to hold a conversation than Chris S. which okay, I know isn't saying much but still.

I like Kaitlyn, too. I think she has a great personality for a show like this. She seems very real to me, and is really good at talking to the guys.
  • Love 3

As Healer likes to say "Surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise, suprise", someone got hurt while boxing. They seemed to all be enjoying themselves working out together, why not just leave it at that? Or put on big bouncy suits and make it a fun boxing match where no one could get hurt. Between this and the Muay Thai Incident of 2011, Jared and Ames might feature prominently in the Bachelorette CTE Study.

I liked when Tanner said he didn't think Kupah missed a day at the gym and his idea of going to the gym is sitting in the sauna. Refreshing!

I loved watching Amy Schumer have to sit through five minutes of JJ, she could barely do it. He came off so horrible and I loved that she busted him on it.

The dumb guy who kept going to the door when they pretended to knock---what was his kid's ridiculous name again? Artemetis? Kaitlyn said it was a "strong" name. Hee.

• Love 6

I think Kaitlyn is excited to have a bunch of guys to do things with, travel with, kiss, grope and hang on to her every word.  However, I don't think she wants to get married, have kids or be in a committed relationship.  

Basically, I think she's faking about 85% of what she says and 5% of what she does.  

Makes her no better or worse than any other lead, but It absolutely doesn't make her more "real" in my view.  

I don't know what people expected with her, but I never saw anything special or compelling and still don't.  But I DO still have high hopes for the man-drama!   

• Love 7

The dumb guy who kept going to the door when they pretended to knock---what was his kid's ridiculous name again? Artemetis? Kaitlyn said it was a "strong" name. Hee.

I think Justin's kid name is Aurelus.   And that was indeed funny when he kept running around looking for who was knocking on the door!

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought voting off Britt meant we wouldn't have to see Britt anymore. Oh well. Ending up with a fake boyfriend after a week is the perfect end to a perfect, fake Britt.

Kaitlyn wants 4 kids? Isn't she 29? Umm, better get on that then, party girl. At least if you don't want to spend the next half of your life taking care of Sloth from The Goonies, or whatever horrific thing happens when you have kids after the age of 35.

Can't stand faux enlightened holier-than-thou overly serious types like Yoga Douche. (Personally I don't think I could ever date a guy who does yoga. It just seems like a thing that a particular sort of douche gravitates towards. I might be imagining that. I don't know.) No, everyone's not forgetting that they're there "for love"... because they're not. You're there to make a tv show. And by that I mean you're there to entertain me. So dance, puppet! And make it good. And get a haircut while you're at it. Seriously the Well-Groomed Caveman look is awful. However, I will say he is good fodder to have around for now. At least there is something that differentiates him from the rest of the salesmen types.

The boxing reminded me of Ashlee's season where the men kickboxed in Thailand(?) and Ames(?) was sent to the hospital. Rerun, repeat, it's all in the script.

What kind of car was Kaitlyn driving on the one-on-one with Clint?

It was nice of Princess Fiona to stop by and help the guys be funny.

Edited by Moxie CrimeFighter
  • Love 4

Maybe Aurelius? Or another Roman name. 

Mr. Andromeda thought the knocking joke was incredibly juvenile. I figure they're all just really, really bored.

• Love 1

It's like Kaitlyn hasn't switched over from Bachelor contest to THE BACHELORETTE. She keeps explaining to these guys why she likes them sooo much and then going in for a kiss. The men just sit there and smile smugly. Ugh, that's not how it's done. The show needs to have Emily coach the new bachelorette every season. She sat back while the guys ran circles around each other. They formed rivalries and bromances. C'mon that's all we want to see!

You can totally tell that the show always planned to have Kaitlyn as the lead. All the date stuff seems Kaitlyn centered. What would they have done if Britt had been picked? Boxing and standup seems totally out of her comfort zone.

It's sad but throughout the whole episode, I just kept thinking: when is Nick showing up? All this stuff feels like filler.

• Love 6
(edited)

What kind of car was Kaitlyn driving on the one-on-one with Clint?

Mercedes Benz - Probably a 380SL or it's successor.  It's generally a convertible, but it had the hard top on it. 

Interesting she mentioned that she wished it wasn't automatic.  Most women her age don't know how to drive a stick, so I'll give her props if she does.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)

Thank you Andromeda and CindyBee for remembering the kid's name was Aurelius...it's right up there with Kale.

I can't even watch the Britt stuff--with Chris Harrison voice-overing "Is it love?" after one date. They must think we are total rubes.

I just read online someone who thought Clint looked like if Bill Maher took steroids, which is pretty funny.

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 3

The show needs to have Emily coach the new bachelorette every season. She sat back while the guys ran circles around each other. They formed rivalries and bromances. C'mon that's all we want to see!

I do not buy into the lore that Emily deserves to be put on a pedestal as the epitome of what a Bachelorette should be. IMO she was a superficial, plastic person whose southern accent gave her a veneer of charm.  She gets no credit for me for being a bleached blonde with a boob job and Crest strip white teeth Barbie doll equivalent. I'd much rather see tattooed brown-haired Kaitlyn who doesn't put on airs and has a big laugh that she's free with for a nice change.

Although I have to agree that the guys on Emily's season were awesome, but she doesn't get the credit for that ... Arie and Jef were just great guys.  I would like to see a dual Bachelor season with Arie and Jef and both of them going on dates. I bet Bachelor Nation would show up for that season in droves. Except you know that grown ass man Chris Bukowski would somehow have to involve himself in that too.  

• Love 12

It's like Kaitlyn hasn't switched over from Bachelor contest to THE BACHELORETTE. She keeps explaining to these guys why she likes them sooo much and then going in for a kiss. The men just sit there and smile smugly. Ugh, that's not how it's done. The show needs to have Emily coach the new bachelorette every season. She sat back while the guys ran circles around each other. They formed rivalries and bromances. C'mon that's all we want to see!

They really should bring in Emily as a consultant. She even had the producers running in circles to accommodate her. I applaud her!

And do we even remember her kissing anyone? Certainly not for weeks, I think (and I'd be surprised if it wasn't very selective). ITA that Kaitlyn is still trying to "prove herself" to the guys, the producers, the audience and that she thinks reassuring the men that she's really into them is the way to do it--including kissing them. But they all know she's not picky so doesn't it seem fake and meaningless this early on? I don't think she had the "I'm a prize" thing down at all, not just not as well as Emily (few do) but not even as well as Britt who accompanies fake wide-eyed overdone sweetness with a barely concealed "I know I'm the prettiest girl in the room".  She would have been -so- much better suited to be TB-ette, imo.

Oh well. She is doing fine as the fake TB-ette with her fake boyfriend. "We've spent every day together!" I took to mean, "The producers like this, so I'm getting more of my "15 minutes" by agreeing to see this doofus for coffee or a meal every day. Meanwhile, it makes ME look like the winner who found real love while Kaitlyn just looks desperate."

Also, having Brady declaring himself to Britt while Kaitlyn struggles to connect with the men left, has got to be good for her ego, in terms of how she's coming across on television (so desirable that a guy left the show for her! It's love!) Personally, I don't think Britt would give Brady a second (or first) look out in the real world. But, like Emily, she probably is pretty good at defining relationships and keeping the distance she wants, when she wants it, and for however long it takes. This is probably made easier because Brady doesn't exactly seem like a rocket scientist (or even talented. And, yes, I may have judged him too harshly and quickly in that one little snippet, but...that's how it was. I think Britt could do -a lot- better and I'm sure she does, too.)

• Love 3

I'm not so sure Britt CAN do better.   It's a new world.    Desirable men expect the women they are interested in to have a good job with benefits-Paid vacation, sick time, insurance, 401K.    Being pretty gets her a date, but apparently, it doesn't stick.    Being a waitress is fine, but it's not something successful men are looking for, and I doubt Britt wants to settle for anything less than well to do.     Can they just finish kicking her off already?    Sick of her fake crying about not being able to date a bunch of nebulous fame whores.     You've let her down gently, show.    Time to move on.   Was her middle aged looking suitor wearing acid washed skinny jeans?

Kaitlin handled herself pretty well with that idiot Kupah.    Overall, she's doing fine, but I wish they would stop drowning her tiny little body in those hideous, heavy sequined dresses.    She must have mugged Carly for all that 80's evening gear.     Too much dress, and too much hair.   Take her hair up to her shoulders, and it would look so much less stringy. 

• Love 5

I think Britt could be the Emily-type trophy wife, but I don't think that really interests her.  I honestly think if she wanted a rich, handsome and high-profile boyfriend, she would have one.  

Emily definitely kept her distance, never once forgetting that her season was something her daughter was going to eventually watch.   And more importantly, Ricki's grandparents would watch.  As in, the source of all that family money that kept Emily comfortable and well taken care of until she could find a pretty husband from HER world.  Which she has done, and even has a new baby on the way.  

Even with the Kalon confrontation, Emily was all composed and controlled righteous fury.  I honestly can't remember her making any mistakes or doing anything unseemly or embarrassing.  While I never really liked her very much, I think she was a great Bachelorette.  

• Love 9

Kaitlyn wants 4 kids? Isn't she 29? Umm, better get on that then, party girl. At least if you don't want to spend the next half of your life taking care of Sloth from The Goonies, or whatever horrific thing happens when you have kids after the age of 35.

Nah, 35 isn't old to be having babies any more.

Kupah went home and bragged that he got to hang with Laila Ali and can't remember anything else about the show. Idiot.

While I find his exit problematic, I think hanging with Laila Ali and not remembering anything else about the show is a pretty good outcome.

• Love 6