Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Week 2

• Start Topic

I guess the only thing that seem like desperation (and that may be too strong) to me are her over-sharing about how into a particular guy she is and all the way-too-early-imo kissing. It's not Emily's looks that would make me want to use her as a model if I were on this show, but her confidence and control over the situation, inc. influencing producers and CH.

However she did it, she had the men jumping through hoops to earn her approval and I think this show needs that.  A lead who is too eager to prove herself to them--too quick to say how much she likes them, too quick to start makeout sessions--isn't doing it right, imo, because it kind of cheapens her early-on as a "prize".  I really hated the whole "Bentley thing" and would hate to see it happen again (I think they've kind of set it up a bit from the beginning by having some of them "lose" Britt). I'm sure some see Kaitlyn's actions as refreshingly natural and honest, but I just see it differently, as kind of desperate.

• Love 2
(edited)

What I like about Kaitlynn is that she is so assertive.  She completely goes after and asks for what she wants and the way she handled Kupa was really cool.  Saying "NO" when she doesn't want something, and laying it all out even though it was tough :  "Can I talk to you right now?"  "I'm going to have to let you go.  I'm sorry."  And she didn't let him talk her into anything she didn't want to do.   I appreciate all of that.   Some women like me find that hard.

Kaitlyn wants 4 kids? Isn't she 29? Umm, better get on that then, party girl. At least if you don't want to spend the next half of your life taking care of Sloth from The Goonies, or whatever horrific thing happens when you have kids after the age of 35.

Wow.  I know so many people who were born from mothers over the age of 40, including my father, and old boyfriend, and a very close friend.  All incredibly wonderful intelligent people.  I'm quite sure there are millions of them walking around.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11

Good point, but I think that there are two very different criticisms of Kaitlyn. One is that she is not good looking enough to be the lead. And i agree with you in that I think she is a much better looking lead than Bob or Ben.

But I think that the other criticism about Kaitlyn is more valid (and I don't think it is sexist): that Kaitlyn should act with more

confidence. I didn't find a single likeable thing about Ben, and didn't find Bob to be particularly "bachelor worthy" either. But where Emily, Ben, and Bob succeeded where Kaitlyn so far has not is that they at least acted as if they were worthy. If the lead starts out looking like she/he isn't worthy, why should any of us watch?

I think her "lack of confidence" is being overstated here. I don't find Kaitlyn particularly grovel-ly, grateful maybe, but she's certainly not behaving in anyway out of the ordinary or acting unworthy, IMHO. I did think her behaviour would be on the fawning side after the first episode but that hasn't come to pass at all. She actually seems relatively confident considering the situation.

I don't find Kaitlyn particularly amazing in any way but to expect her to act like Emily when that just isn't her personality is unrealistic. Don't get me wrong, I love when the bachelorette is thoroughly in charge of the men around her but you have to have a certain level of arrogance and superiority to pull that off.

• Love 2
(edited)

Village, I actually agree with you. I think that some bachelor/ettes crossed over from confidence to arrogance, and I think Emily was one of them. And lots of the men were this way, too. I didn't like that either.

I think the best leads, male and female, had a "quiet confidence" about them. They didn't act cocky, but I also didn't see any self doubt. They all seemed to just have that air that it was going to be a great 8 weeks or whatever. I just wish I saw more of this from Kaitlyn.

By the way I didn't even understand what Kupah's issue was.

Didn't he say that he was concerned that he would be "the" minority man that would be kept as a token of sorts? But hasn't Kaitlyn kept 3 or 4 minority men so far? Or, she might have even kept all of them?? It's as though he was so determined to say he didn't want to be a token that he didn't bother to look around and see that he wasn't actually one at all.

Edited by jordanpond
  • Love 1

The Bachelor/ette franchise is oddly prudish for a show that's about one person "dating" 25 other people at the same time. If I was in Kaitlyn's shoes, you better believe I'd be making out with any and all dudes I was interested in. Physical compatibility is SO important; I've dated guys that I really liked, but learning early on if he's a good kisser (and good in bed, TBH) can determine how successful things will be. Kaitlyn's just test-driving the cars : )

• Love 4
(edited)
However she did it, she had the men jumping through hoops to earn her approval and I think this show needs that.

In terms of the kissing, sure Emily didn't kiss a bunch of guys immediately, but she sure got on Arie fast and there was a whole lot of tonguing going on between them during that season. And for all the talk about her having the guys jumping through hoops, it's interesting that many forget that she chose the one guy who WASN'T doing that. The guy who she actually ended up chasing a little during the season.

Again, for all of Emily's great confidence and talk of Kaitlyn seeming too desperate and eager, Emily practically had "please kiss me" eyes going on during one of her early one on one time with Jef. That was actually one of the most hilariously awkward moments on the show. Emily even then mentioned in her ITM after the moment that she was wondering if Jef even liked her or wanted to be with her at all and she looked pretty hurt and dejected when she said it.

It was so glaring that the usual gay accusations started by some, who were convinced that Jef had to be gay, and that was the reason he seemed so disinterested. So as a person who watched Emily's entire season, I'm always amused by her continually being used as this grand standard for how to be the perfect Bachelorette. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I think her "lack of confidence" is being overstated here. I don't find Kaitlyn particularly grovel-ly, grateful maybe, but she's certainly not behaving in anyway out of the ordinary or acting unworthy

This is one example of the fan-girling Kaitlyn does. When she was having her one on one with Ben Z, the guy who ssuccessfully beat up everyone,he said he liked to cook. She squealed: Me too!! That is just like my Dad. My Dad cooks. As if she had just discovered they both had the most Dynamic! Unusual! Cosmic! connection. She did that throughout the conversation. At first, Ben just started talking over her because he obviously had his own talking points in mind and was trying to get them in: mom died, cares about family, plays sports. After Kaitlyn kept excitedly talking over him. He switched to relaxing and looking smug. At which time, Kaitlyn leaned in and kissed him.

This type of behavior signals to the guy: I'm impressed with you, I want you to believe we have everything in common, I'm really attracted to you.

Why would a guy try after that? It is best for him to sit back and let the woman run through her feelings because she appears already smitten in her head? Which is what Ben Z did. Then at the rose ceremony he told the other guys: I'm going to let all of you (without a rose) talk. He's so smug, albeit, probably not for very long. But that's not how it goes when the lead does his/her job well.

• Love 5

YMMV but I didn't see the scene that way at all. I thought she was trying to connect with him and got excited about something they shared. And then when he got quiet and emotional, when he mentioned his mom, she quietly looked at him, waiting for what he had to say and then he talked about his mom passing away, at which point she expressed what seemed like genuine sympathy towards him over that. I do think there is an arrogant quality to Ben Z but I didn't it seeing being over Kaitlyn excitedly saying how her dad likes to cook too. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm on the too much kissing too soon bandwagon. It's not that I have a problem with her kissing multiple men, it's just that there's no romance. I'm a jaded Wrong Reasons viewer over here and yet I'm struck by the lack of romantic build up, flirting, butterflies, and sexual tension, which I think is one of the best parts of kissing someone for the first time. I know that she's spent more time talking with them than what we've seen, but we don't even know their names yet--practically every one is just called "busted [celebrity name]" to us. In one week she's kissed 6 or 8 guys? I'm not sure whether 6 this week or that's counting the 2 from last week--it happens so fast, I have no idea how many guys there have been. It's like: "My mom died." (Slobber, slobber) "I have a concussion." (Slobber, slobber) "Hi. How are--?" (Slobber, slobber). To us it seems like she hasn't spoken to anyone for more than 2 minutes, so how can she have a "connection" with all of these busted strangers? (For the record, I don't think most of them are busted, but I am amused that practically everyone is a busted doppelganger of some celebrity.) Typically they have a long day of a first date and somewhere between the untouched dinner and the surprise musical performance, they share their romantic first kiss. Or, there may be one or two who have only had a string of group dates and get a kiss after a few of those. But none of these people even had dates yet, so the kissing just seems out of left field. Where's our romantic journey?! As she told Amy, she already kissed everyone, so how are we supposed to tell when she genuinely has a romantic connection? I feel like Kupah over here! I see Kaitlyn "connecting" (her lips) with everyone, so why doesn't he get a kiss? He thinks she's hot, too! (I'm being flippant with this last part.)

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm on the too much kissing too soon bandwagon. It's not that I have a problem with her kissing multiple men, it's just that there's no romance. I'm a jaded Wrong Reasons viewer over here and yet I'm stuck by the lack of romantic build up, flirting, butterflies, and sexual tension, which I think I'd one of the best parts of kissing someone for the first time. I know that she's spent more time talking with them than what we've seen, but we don't even know their names yet--practically every one is just called "busted [celebrity name]" to us. In one week she's kissed 6 or 8 guys? I'm not sure whether 6 this week or that's counting the 2 from last week-it happens so fast, I have no idea how many guys there have been. It's like: "My mom died." (Slobber, slobber) "I have a concussion." (Slobber, slobber) "Hi. How are--?" (Slobber, slobber). To us it seems like she hasn't spoken to anyone for more than 2 minutes, so how can she have a "connection" with all of these busted strangers? (For the record, I don't think most of them are busted, but I am amused that practically everyone is a busted doppelganger of some celebrity.) Typically they have a long day of a first date and somewhere between the untouched dinner and the surprise musical performance or whatever, they share their romantic first kiss. Or, there may be one or two who have only had a string of group dates and get a kiss after a few of those. But none of these people even had dates yet, so the kissing just seems out of left field. Where's our romantic journey?! As she told Amy, I already kissed everyone, so how are we supposed to tell when she genuinely has a romantic connection? I feel like Kupah over here! I see Kaitlyn "connecting" (her lips) with everyone, so why doesn't he get a kiss? He thinks she's hot, too! (I'm being flippant with this last part.)

I agree that Kaitlyn has been prematurely kissing the contestants. What next? Is the Bachelor/Bachelorette going to make out with everyone as they come out of the limo during introductions? A "fairy tale" like this should have a romantic build-up or a courtship of some type. Some of her makeout sessions have come out of nowhere. I think either Kaitlyn really likes making out or she's just trying to be a good soldier for TPTB because she knows or thinks that's what they want her to do. Maybe her life experiences have conditioned her to make out with a guy to show interest (and those feelings are probably fueled or aided by alcohol the show provides). Maybe she would rather kiss than talk like some of her Bachelor cohorts. There's nothing wrong with it, but it does make it hard for the viewer to discern the realness of her feelings for a guy when she's kissing almost every guy this early on. It's just known that she likes a "manly hunk of meat" like Ben Z. and Clint.

Speaking of Kupah, has a black guy or woman ever gotten any kissing action in the history of this franchise? I remember during Grumpy Cat's season that Marquel the Cookie Man was known for not getting any kissing action. Not that it matters. Just inquiring minds...

Edited by jmonkey
(edited)

I agree that Britt is exceptionally stunning.  It's so rare that a non-white contestant has a chance to be the lead on this show and unfortunately I missed out seeing that.  She is Cherokee Indian, Swedish, and Hungarian.    She got me interested in my first ever experience with the show.

In my opinion, the entire thing with Kupa is that he had ZERO. INTEREST. in Kaitlynn from the start.  He wanted Britt (?) (I forget) or he wanted neither of them.  Once Britt left and he found out that he might be stuck with this he got uncomfortable.  He spoke to Kaitlynn directly and said a bunch of passive aggressive bullshit to basically bully her into admitting she doesn't like him.

Now, I actually believe Kaitlynn and find her genuine (didn't see last season) so I believed her when she said she was shocked by this.  Then when Kaitlynn directly called him out for all of this attitude, Kupa was shocked things weren't going as planned and tried to backtrack and basically, again bully her the other way.  He has a lot of pride.  I.e. , no there's no way I'm letting you push me off this show, that's going to be MY choice.

That's my interpretation.

Speaking of Kupah, has a black guy or woman ever gotten any kissing action in the history of this franchise?

Well it seems like Kaitlynn is connecting with Ian and I assumed he was half-black?  Maybe I'm totally wrong.

I saw an interview by Amy Schumer with the beautiful half-Chinese opera singer.  Did she ever kiss Juan Pablo or did she just diss him?  LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
(edited)

I agree that Britt is exceptionally stunning.  It's so rare that a non-white contestant has a chance to be the lead on this show and unfortunately I missed out seeing that.  She is Cherokee Indian, Swedish, and Hungarian.    She got me interested in my first ever experience with the show.

In my opinion, the entire thing with Kupa is that he had ZERO. INTEREST. in Kaitlynn from the start.  He wanted Britt (?) (I forget) or he wanted neither of them.  Once Britt left and he found out that he might be stuck with this he got uncomfortable.  He spoke to Kaitlynn directly and said a bunch of passive aggressive bullshit to basically bully her into admitting she doesn't like him.

Now, I actually believe Kaitlynn and find her genuine (didn't see last season) so I believed her when she said she was shocked by this.  Then when Kaitlynn directly called him out for all of this attitude, Kupa was shocked things weren't going as planned and tried to backtrack and basically, again bully her the other way.  He has a lot of pride.  I.e. , no there's no way I'm letting you push me off this show, that's going to be MY choice.

That's my interpretation.

Well it seems like Kaitlynn is connecting with Ian and I assumed he was half-black?  Maybe I'm totally wrong.

I saw an interview by Amy Schumer with the beautiful half-Chinese opera singer.  Did she ever kiss Juan Pablo or did she just diss him?  LOL.

Yes! Sharlene, the opera singer, loved kissing Juan Pablo. She then realized he didn't have a lot going on upstairs and hightailed it out of there. Hopefully Ian will get a kiss this season. I think he's the one who went to Princeton. Maybe you've heard of it lol.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 3

Maybe she would rather kiss than talk like some of her Bachelor cohorts. There's nothing wrong with it, but it does make it hard for the viewer to discern the realness of her feelings for a guy when she's kissing almost every guy this early on. It's just known that she likes a "manly hunk of meat" like Ben Z. and Clint.

I am starting to think maybe she took lessons from Chris. Uncomfortable?  Not sure what to say?  Concerned s/he might not be quite as into you anymore?  KISS!

• Love 1
(edited)
Hopefully Ian will get a kiss this season. I think he's the one who went to Princeton. Maybe you've heard of it lol.

It's like Frasier Crane always mentioning Harvard, or Andy Bernard always mentioning Cornell. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Yes! Sharlene, the opera singer, loved kissing Juan Pablo. She then realized he didn't have a lot going on upstairs and hightailed it out of there. Hopefully Ian will get a kiss this season. I think he's the one who went to Princeton. Maybe you've heard of it lol.

What???? One of them went to Princeton? How in the dog hair did I miss that :)

Agree with the too much kissing too soon troop. And if she finds a non compatible kisser after having a kick ass date and feeling chemistry, that will be different than talk on couch, stand by brick wall etc first kiss. If there isn't instant sync and you've dug the person it's the "ha! We kiss differently. And that's ok, let's have fun meeting in the middle!" (Personal aside: I always felt 85% of the guys I kissed, and kissed way more than the good Lord intended, kissed in a similar fashion. That 15% always threw me and its kinda intrigued me on why, how, etc. Not that one is right, but I wasn't schooled in the all tongue, all the time playbook....I digress).

• Love 1
(edited)

Speaking of Kupah, has a black guy or woman ever gotten any kissing action in the history of this franchise? I remember during Grumpy Cat's season that Marquel the Cookie Man was known for not getting any kissing action. Not that it matters. Just inquiring minds...

Yes, there was a black woman who made it to final 8 on the Bachelor, and kissed the lead. At least one, that I recall. Can't recall which guy it was, though! I think there was a second one, but my memory's not good enough to be sure.

I just can't think clearly -- I'm still reeling from today's sad Bachelor Nation news about Chris and Whitney.... not sure I'll ever recover (snort).

Edited by Andromeda
Boxing is just stupid to use as a competitive date--the potential for serious injury among not-even-amateurs is just huge, and Ben Z was in a no-win situation at the end. Poor Jared. Why not use a non-contact sport--sprints or tennis or making free throws?

Not to mention, it's a VERY stupid choice for a reality show from a pure editing perspective. If someone gets a giant black eye, that will always mark a specific time frame and it makes it impossible for them to pull reaction shots and talking heads and insert them out of order and out of context like they often do. 

I know a lot of these shows have rules about haircuts and such for that reason, they don't want it to be obvious that something didn't really happen in the order it was shown in.

I think many of us have become cynical of the occupation tags assigned. After a half-second of being impressed with Clint's "Architectural Engineer" descriptor, I was pondering the possibilities...it could be designing and building dog houses (not that there's anything wrong with that--dogs need nice, functional spaces too). :) Obviously I'm not interested enough now in these men to search online for background.

I get skeptical because, if you happen to have a great career rolling along, I question why you'd consider it a good move to interrupt it to appear on a cheesy show and risk your reputation.

Yeah, I can't imagine going back to work after being on a cheesefest and making a fool of myself on national TV for 2 months. I wondered this a lot last season with the infamous Kelsey being a guidance counselor...could anyone really take her seriously again after that kind of showing? 

I thought it was pretty funny that when Kupa was backpedaling like a mofo, trying to convince Kaitlyn to keep him around, one of the big reasons he said he wanted to stay was because he had already committed to being there for a longer period of time. Oh, well in that case, she should probably keep you around at least for some of the international travel, guy who says he doesn't want to be kept around for no reason and then basically says he does want to be kept around for no reason.

Another thing that struck me, in spite of all the competition surrounding him, he thought that all he needed to say to Kaitlyn was that, after losing his first choice, he had decided she was sort of pretty--well, at least, her eyes were pretty -- so he didn't mind staying and giving her a chance to "open up," to him.

Like many of you, I'm assuming Kupah was drunk during this bit of nonsense (his backtracking and the outbursts toward the producers suggest that he was right on the verge of blackout territory where he could just barely keep track of what was happening from moment to moment). I could never completely figure out what exactly he was saying but his manner definitely suggested that he wanted to stay on the SHOW but not necessarily participate in the premise. Like, don't keep me around as a token, but I don't really care about you, you don't really seem to care about me...but I want to be on TV so... 

Perhaps if he had been sober, he could have thought that conversation through to its logical conclusion and just kept his trap shut. 

I was also completely distracted by the fact that he talks like Mikey from Goonies (Sean Astin's character, who I think has a retainer in the movie?) 

Also, him completely straight-facedly calling the dentist "Cupcake" while yelling at the producers made me laugh like crazy. I guess that's become his official nickname, but hearing an angry drunken guy use it so seriously just tickled me. 

What I like about Kaitlynn is that she is so assertive.  She completely goes after and asks for what she wants and the way she handled Kupa was really cool.  Saying "NO" when she doesn't want something, and laying it all out even though it was tough :  "Can I talk to you right now?"  "I'm going to have to let you go.  I'm sorry."  And she didn't let him talk her into anything she didn't want to do.   I appreciate all of that.   Some women like me find that hard.

Yeah, I had a squirmy moment watching that when it seemed like he would refuse to leave. I personally sometimes have trouble standing my ground in situations like that so I was glad to see her stick with it even when she faltered just a bit (maybe out of sheer surprise at his "Nope, not going" approach, ha!) 

I'm starting to warm up to several of the guys (NOT JJ, obviously, who I'm not sure I even want to keep around in a "fun to hate" capacity). Clint, Tanner (who doesn't get much screen time, but he's cute and funny when we do see him), the southern guy with the caveman head who asked if JJ's move was a "power move or a dick move?", the guy who looks like Prince Harry, the dentist, and Jared. 

(edited)

I thought Kupah's behavior was all about not wanting to "lose". I think he went into that conversation expecting to disagree and convince him to stay, and he might have even planned to quit after she did under the guise of not wanting to be the token minority guy, but as soon as it was clear Kaitlyn wanted him to leave, not stay, all the sudden he was desperate to stay and pulled out his best pickup line: "You're hot." (Barf). I just got the feeling he had a script in his head about how it was going to play out with him in control, and when it didn't, he panicked. And boy, he really showed his ass, and totally couldn't deal with a woman dumping him.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 1

In terms of the kissing, sure Emily didn't kiss a bunch of guys immediately, but she sure got on Arie fast and there was a whole lot of tonguing going on between them during that season. And for all the talk about her having the guys jumping through hoops, it's interesting that many forget that she chose the one guy who WASN'T doing that. The guy who she actually ended up chasing a little during the season.

The fact that she knew "the guy" [Jef] was a multi millionaire, probably had something to do with it. 

• Love 2
(edited)

OUCH! that's harsh. I think you're misinformed. after 35 there is a higher incidence of some birth defects, like Downs Syndrome, autism, and after 40 it's even higher. But it's not a given, it's just statistically more likely the older you are. The vast majority of babies born to women 35-40 are fine and healthy.

Certainly not horrific, and not "monsters" like Sloth.

Oh, I wasn't being serious. :D You just always hear how 35 is considered geriatric pregnancy age by the medical community, so I was exaggerating on that idea. (For comic effect, since this is a snark board.) Obviously I don't think the children born to mothers over 35 will be monsters.

I think ALL children are monsters.

She was always going to be The Bachelorette once the producers found out about her relationship with Nick.

Wait, so Kaitlyn was in a relationship with Nick when Bachelorette started? Or am I misunderstanding?

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags
  • Love 5

Hopefully Ian will get a kiss this season. I think he's the one who went to Princeton. Maybe you've heard of it lol.

She already kissed Ian this episode. He said he took her back to the spot where they first met (by the fountain at the front of the house), told her about his car crash, mentioned Princeton AGAIN and they kissed.

I wonder what happened from this episode until he blasts her from the previews for "kissing a bunch of dudes" on TV. 

• Love 2

She already kissed Ian this episode. He said he took her back to the spot where they first met (by the fountain at the front of the house), told her about his car crash, mentioned Princeton AGAIN and they kissed.

I wonder what happened from this episode until he blasts her from the previews for "kissing a bunch of dudes" on TV. 

LOL! She kissed so many dudes that I guess I lost track. I didn't realize Ian was one of them, but, of course, I tend to doze off during parts of this craptacular show.

I don't know if Kaitlyn even has Princeton on her radar--Ivy League US universities in the northeast might not be that big of a deal to someone from western Canada, and I don't remember ever seeing if she went on to college herself (a dance scholarship got her out of her small town, right? But not sure the school she attended--not necessarily an academic university, maybe a school of dance?--was ever mentioned). So Ian might be wasting his breath talking about that to her.

• Love 2

I don't know if Kaitlyn even has Princeton on her radar--Ivy League US universities in the northeast might not be that big of a deal to someone from western Canada, and I don't remember ever seeing if she went on to college herself (a dance scholarship got her out of her small town, right? But not sure the school she attended--not necessarily an academic university, maybe a school of dance?--was ever mentioned). So Ian might be wasting his breath talking about that to her.

I grew up in Germany and even there people know that Princeton is a big deal. But I do hate it so much when people name-drop their university without being asked about it specifically. Ian could have just said that he ran track in college and it wouldn't have taken anything away from his story. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think most people in Canada are very well-informed about the Ivy League universities.  Our pop culture is like 80% American or at least that's how I felt growing up.  So if you've seen Frasier, Gilmore Girls, whatever, so have millions of Canadians.  And you know how often television shows and movies would mention the Ivy League.

I always just refer to that time of my life as "college" too (even though Canadians refer to some colleges as universities) as a way of sounding less pretentious.  In casual conversation no one needs to know where I went.

Can anyone help explain to me where/how the "Cupcake" nickname came about?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Just found this site yesterday and I'm bursting with opinions since my old Bach-watching buddy isn't around to laugh and discuss with me anymore. Doing that made the show for us..practicing our snark.. yet sometimes buying in hook, line and sinker to possible true romance.

There sure is some delicious snark on this site.. some posts have me laughing long after. 

I'm not a fan of either girl, but can not honestly say I don't like them..They're okay.. I really don't know them.. but that's the appeal of reality tv and the forums. I can judge and opine anyway.  So fun.

Britt I think would do well to put a little mystery and aloofness in her game. She's too mushy-gushy so I'm glad K got the vote. More action.. hehe..

.Kaitllyn is ..well.. um... she appears to like sex. Her comments heavily imply that she is "easy". (hope 'easy shaming'  or " bad judgement shaming" is still okay). Hey nothing wrong with being young and fun and secretly a bit easy, but when a guy comes up and says "i was wondering if the offer to 'plow your fields' (ie F**k you) is still open--  It's demeaning!! and you set it up for yourself! Crazy.  I hope K you learned your lesson .   

• Love 1

Just found this site yesterday and I'm bursting with opinions since my old Bach-watching buddy isn't around to laugh and discuss with me anymore. Doing that made the show for us..practicing our snark.. yet sometimes buying in hook, line and sinker to possible true romance.

There sure is some delicious snark on this site.. some posts have me laughing long after.

I'm not a fan of either girl, but can not honestly say I don't like them..They're okay.. I really don't know them.. but that's the appeal of reality tv and the forums. I can judge and opine anyway. So fun.

Welcome! Snark away! :)

(Also, I agree with much of your post)

And I consider myself fairly aware, but I have no idea who Amy Shumer is. Where did she come from? Seriously.

Neither do I, never heard of her before now.

I wish this was more fun. I'm used to Flavor of Love and Rock of Love or Bachelor parodies like Burning Love. Watching the "real" thing is kind of a letdown. 

I think Kaitlyn's attempts at enthusiasm come across as very fake. I know people found Britt fake but I think that kind of personability felt genuine in its way. At least, it was practiced and natural because of it. I feel like Kaitlyn is forcing it. Also the constant laughing is making me crazy. No one laughs that much.

Please don't keep checking in with Brady and Britt. I don't believe she's seriously dating him. If she'd been picked as the Bachelorette he wouldn't have lasted past mid-season.

What is with this pack of dudes? Some of the first ones to talk this episode... JJ, Jared, Tanner. No. Just no.

For people who are more familiar with the franchise, has there ever been a Bachelorette like Laila Ali? I've seen commercials for past bachelors who were pilots or whatnot but I don't remember a bachelorette who stood out in the same way. I'd also be curious if there was ever a bachelorette or even a female contestant who went far on the Bachelor with such an athletic build.

On a super shallow note I didn't mind the boxing date because it meant Ben Z took off his shirt on Week 2. On the practical side though it was a dangerous choice because there was no tapping out and it wasn't like another type of contest where you have a clear sense of winning/losing quickly. Boxing is a sport that can go many, many rounds. They got some training but when they got in there they just seemed to be attacking each other. I wonder how long the ref actually let things go.

The stats were interesting. Are those their actual stats or the ones they made up for the show like their supposed ages? Everyone can't be that close to 6'.

Why did Kaitlyn appear to be on the verge of laughter whenever these guys opened up about their tragic stories. God, she is terrible at this.

She has a very sour expression at times. It's not resting bitch face. She's pursing her lips so it's more like when you intentionally roll your eyes.

Wow, I know they need to treat this like speed dating but Ben Z. coming out with his story about his mom that quickly (it didn't seem to be edited from a much longer conversation) was awkward. I don't entirely blame Kaitlyn for not having a great response but it also doesn't make her a great Bachelorette.

OK. I'm starting to like Jared a little. I don't buy that Kaitlyn really likes him because she seems up for kissing anyone who asks.

So Clint is reasonably good-looking and an architectural engineer with artistic inclinations. If he's not secretly a terrible person or not "there for the right reasons" I think he could go far.

Is the fake yoga what makes her a conceptual underwater photographer? I've seen enough ANTM to think of underwater photoshoots as work, not fun.

I love Tony. Not for myself or for Kaitlyn but as a character who would have fit right in on Burning Love. Please keep him around, show. I hope his crazy can fly under the radar with Kaitlyn enough for her to keep giving him roses so I can have my comedic relief every week. If this is some kind of elaborate performance art it might make me like him even more.

I genuinely like Joshua. I can never remember his name and I always want to call him the welder but I like him.

They did a nice job pulling female comedians. I recognized them all.

Chris the dentist is very cute. In the real world he's the kind of guy I'd be friends with and honestly... immediately assume was gay unless he said otherwise.

Joe seems nice. He's just really not as attractive as the others.

You don't impress me as a villain JJ. You're just another Tailor Made. Yes, I made an I Love New York reference in 2015. I don't like him but he can stick around if he fights with Nick. Hopefully that'll be mutually assured destruction.

Who actually said "villains gotta vil"? It wasn't JJ but the person wasn't onscreen and I can't differentiate their voices enough to tell.

I think Kaitlyn and Kupa both had valid points during their interaction. That said, the way she responded to him and her expression when she felt he "called her out" was so much like Andi to me. Why are you so defensive? He hasn't even brought up the token minority thing yet. His speech got more lecturing as it went on but it didn't seem so bad at first.

I do think that if Britt had been the bachelorette this conversation wouldn't have happened. That is, I don't think Kupa went in wanting to do this. I think Britt liked Kupa more (there might have been a comment or two) and he definitely preferred her to Kaitlyn so I don't think this would have come up.

Ryan B., WHO ARE YOU?

I'd love to see Tony on screen with Ashley whats-her-name-was from last season. "Pomegranate Ashley" is how I remember her. I think they would be hilarious together.